Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-30-2006, 07:22 PM   #251
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Just got back in after a loooong day (and celebration down ye olde pubbe). Good news is I found a house, hooray! Everything will be sorted by Monday and I should move in by September.

Bad news is that there seems to be heat on me. Well, I really don't know what to say since it's only day one so am not too sure how to convince people of my wolfishness, but I am most certainly a wolf. I have no real reason to think Blade is a wolf or a human, but he has the next amount of votes, so I'll go for him. Taking a 30% or so chance of hitting a human on day one is better than a 0% chance, so I'll:

Vote Blade
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:23 PM   #252
hoopsguy
General Manager

Congrats on the place, Tangle.

So, about 90 minutes left to sort out the tie. Paging Dubb ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:24 PM   #253
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
one question i would like an answer to though blade, if you dont mind, why wouldnt you change your vote n self preservation? i can see what you are trying to do/prove, but that just seems defeatist, and for someone that plays this game as well as you do, i have to question whether someone that will just lay down and die is someone i want on my team. my vote stays on tangle for now, but if this is your new strategy to stop pissing people off, like i said before, your value has dropped considerably.
Because, at the time(and prob. still), i dont believe ill be lynched. Id prefer not to switch, but with tangle not yet voting and what you said you will do if he does i will swap it. If it comes down to it, i will swap to tangle. I didnt want to be the one accusing anyone, but ill save my own life if i need to. I intend to be helpful, just not in my normal all over the place way. Many people have reacted very negatively to my normal style, so im trying a less aggresive and not so in-your-face style. I still intend to forumulate my ideas and be who i am, but i shall prob. be sharing far less of my thoughts and attacking far less. Just trying a different style. If i dont like its results, i wont hesitate to swap back to my old style mid-game.

So far today, im quite satisfied with its yield.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:25 PM   #254
Blade6119
Coordinator

And with tangle making his move, im forced to do so as well.

UNVOTE ARDENT
VOTE TANGLEWOOD
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:34 PM   #255
hoopsguy
General Manager

Tyrith - Barkeep (158), Path (160)

Blade - Qwik (161), mckerney (176), cronin (188), Tanglewood (251)

mckerney - Lathum (168)

Tanglewood - Schmidty (209), Hoopsguy (213), Tyrith (234), Saldana (238), Blade (254)

Barkeep - Anxiety (219)

No votes: AlanT (out for day), Ardent (hasn't shown up today, in transit), Dubb
Old 05-30-2006, 07:36 PM   #256
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
So far today, im quite satisfied with its yield.

and i am quite satisfied with your response, so my vote stays on tangle, sorry, but someone has to go.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:42 PM   #257
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

You know what, I actually now think Blade is very likely to be a good guy here. Blade: If I move off you and onto someone else, would you move your vote off of me?
Old 05-30-2006, 07:44 PM   #258
st.cronin
General Manager

this could be interesting

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:47 PM   #259
hoopsguy
General Manager

Tangle, if you weren't voting self-preservation where would you want to go with your vote? Same question for Blade.

In the event that one of these guys is a bad lynch we might as well get their real impressions of the game up to this point rather than just a forced vote.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:50 PM   #260
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Tangle, if you weren't voting self-preservation where would you want to go with your vote? Same question for Blade.

In the event that one of these guys is a bad lynch we might as well get their real impressions of the game up to this point rather than just a forced vote.

I like the way you think.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 07:50 PM   #261
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Currently it is 5 on me, 4 on Blade. If Blade would agree to come off me, I would switch to Tyrith, making it 4 on me, 3 on Tyrith. So I'd be in the same situation essentially, leading the voting by one, but I'd have a clearer conscience.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:52 PM   #262
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
Currently it is 5 on me, 4 on Blade. If Blade would agree to come off me, I would switch to Tyrith, making it 4 on me, 3 on Tyrith. So I'd be in the same situation essentially, leading the voting by one, but I'd have a clearer conscience.

Since whether Blade stayed on you or moved with you, you'd get lynched, why not do it anyway?

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 07:56 PM   #263
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Since whether Blade stayed on you or moved with you, you'd get lynched, why not do it anyway?

Simply because without Blade taking his vote off of me, I'd be in the lead by two and thus would need a big swing late to not get lynched. Whilst I'm leading by one it is much more likely that some late movement or one of the non-voters coming in would save me. Self-preservation is still my number one priority on day one, and whilst I now think Blade is probably a wolf, I'd still rather see him lynched than me.

Also, it is very unlikely I'll be around at the deadline, so I want to leave myself with the best possible chance of surviving before I leave.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:01 PM   #264
Tyrith
College Starter

The only reason I'm on tanglewood is that I'm pretty certain that blade is a good guy, not because I suspect tanglewood is bad. I suspect tangle will turn out good, but there's not a lot I can do.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 08:07 PM   #265
st.cronin
General Manager

This is disorienting, usually there's at least one "this person is BAD" play on day 1. 1 hour to go, I'm going to go read through the thread again.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 08:19 PM   #266
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
I would vote for you over tyrith, so that idea will not fly with me.
Demotivation
Old 05-30-2006, 08:19 PM   #267
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

40 minutes.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:21 PM   #268
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

Cronin would prob. be my pick, as he claimed he saw something i didnt say but wont share. That means other people are saying it, and so far everyone else has seemed rather oblivious to this point. To me, it seemed like he saw an opportunity to strike out at me and take me out. Once it became somewhat obvious people like you werent going to follow him he backed off.

Is he my top suspect, no..but he is who i would vote for currently.
Demotivation
Old 05-30-2006, 08:22 PM   #269
st.cronin
General Manager

I think we're on the wrong track. Barkeep was actually the first one to cast a vote. I think that Qwik got Barkeep and Blade confused when he voted for Blade... although I may be misreading him. Tangle, who knows, it's hard to believe enough wolves could get together on anybody day 1 without a good reason, and I don't see a good reason to vote tangle.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 08:22 PM   #270
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
I would vote for you over tyrith, so that idea will not fly with me.

I wasn't asking you to move your vote to Tyrith.

Oh well, never mind, I have to leave now anyway. Hopefully I'll see you all tommorow.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:22 PM   #271
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, are you satisfied with Tangle getting hung here? Or do you see a better candidate out there?

Tyrith, what makes you trust Blade more than Tangle up to this point in the game?
Old 05-30-2006, 08:28 PM   #272
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie

Lynches will be based on a strict Most votes basis.

Ties will be handled under the following rule: The two "boss" characters can each break a tie once (the Wolf player will have first choice on whether to break a tie or not, followed by the Wizard player). However, breaking a tie WILL reveal your role. If neither player wishes to break the tie, it will be decided by a coin flip.

The game will go until the Wizard flees, The Wizard and his henchmen outnumber the remaining Wolves (or a 1v1 basis), or the Wizard and his henchmen are all killed.

Victory Conditions:

Wolves:
Complete Victory: Wizard and henchmen killed, Wolf Boss stays alive
Moderate Victory: Wizard Flees, Henchmen killed, Wolf Boss stays alive
Moderate Victory: Wizard and henchmen Killed, Wolf Boss is killed
Light Victory: Wizard Flees, Henchmen Killed, Wolf Boss is Killed

Wizard/Henchmen:
Victory: Eliminate all Wolves

Quoting for the gallery.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 08:32 PM   #273
st.cronin
General Manager

So there is a "wolf boss," which at the very least is like a duke role. I guess he probably has some other roles as well.

I am unclear on Blade, somewhat sure hoops is on the level, slightly suspicious of Barkeep and possibly Qwik, and more or less wary on everyone else.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 08:34 PM   #274
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, what has you nervous about Barkeep and Qwik?

If the "Wolf Boss" doesn't know who holds what wolf roles, then why would he reveal himself by breaking a tie?
Old 05-30-2006, 08:39 PM   #275
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Cronin, what has you nervous about Barkeep and Qwik?

If the "Wolf Boss" doesn't know who holds what wolf roles, then why would he reveal himself by breaking a tie?

Just the way they cast their votes, it was ... I don't know, somehow putting attention elsewhere. I know day 1 is a crapshoot, but maybe a little bit less of a crapshoot in a Foz game? I don't know, I'm swimming pretty blind here, just trying to find something. I think I was on a wild goose chase about Blade, not that I'm completely clear on him either...

To your second question, I am sure the wolf boss DOESN'T know the other wolves, and doesn't know their roles - what I was implying was that he probably had some other role, as well, in addition to the scoring of the game and tabbing the votes. Maybe he can send messages, or something.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 08:40 PM   #276
Tyrith
College Starter

For blade to be doing what he's doing and be a bad guy is just highly unlikely. Blade almost always takes heat early on because of his abrasive personality. Giving people something to say, "Oh, he's up to something," along with the natural predisposition to vote his way is incredibly risky, and it's not good risk.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:42 PM   #277
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
For blade to be doing what he's doing and be a bad guy is just highly unlikely. Blade almost always takes heat early on because of his abrasive personality. Giving people something to say, "Oh, he's up to something," along with the natural predisposition to vote his way is incredibly risky, and it's not good risk.

Well he did announce the new Blade persona prior to roles being sent out, fwiw.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 08:44 PM   #278
hoopsguy
General Manager

StC, I wasn't explicitly asking you about the Wolf Boss. I'm just trying to brainstorm here (and looking for some help) on why the Wolf Boss would show himself to break a tie.

Tangle, since you are sticking around - any reason that we shouldn't be lynching you? If you are playing a significant roled wolf now might be a good time to let us know ...
Old 05-30-2006, 08:47 PM   #279
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
StC, I wasn't explicitly asking you about the Wolf Boss. I'm just trying to brainstorm here (and looking for some help) on why the Wolf Boss would show himself to break a tie.

Tangle, since you are sticking around - any reason that we shouldn't be lynching you? If you are playing a significant roled wolf now might be a good time to let us know ...

I don't think he would show himself on day 1, unless he knew for sure one of the players was a henchman, or if in doing so there were ramifications that Foz hasn't told us about...

I'm brainstorming as well.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 08:51 PM   #280
hoopsguy
General Manager

Doesn't look like we are getting a late appearance from Dubb tonight. Nor Ardent. Boo.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:51 PM   #281
saldana
Pro Starter

i agree that this is pretty odd to have so many votes on one person with nothing to go on, but i find myself in the same situation as i have been in several times....i dont want to vote for blade, he is too valuable if he is on our side, and nothing has shown me he isnt at this point, and i dont want a tie, i think they are stupid, and give away the only power we have in the game (the ability to read voting patterns)...those two things together equal a vote for tangle....i dont know if he is bad or not, but someone has to go.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:52 PM   #282
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

as an aside, if Dubb doesn't how up by tommorrow's vote, he will be replaced if I can find a replacement
Old 05-30-2006, 08:52 PM   #283
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Doesn't look like we are getting a late appearance from Dubb tonight. Nor Ardent. Boo.

I would bet my house that one of Ardent, dubb, or path is a henchman.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 08:54 PM   #284
Tyrith
College Starter

I think we haven't gotten any "He's bad" annoucements day one because we've been chasing a bunch of good guys the entire time and they haven't had to poke us at all.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:55 PM   #285
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
I think we haven't gotten any "He's bad" annoucements day one because we've been chasing a bunch of good guys the entire time and they haven't had to poke us at all.

yep

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 08:56 PM   #286
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yeah, at this stage I'm inclined to agree that the top two vote getters are probably wolves. Or else Team Henchman is playing it very, very cool ...
Old 05-30-2006, 08:58 PM   #287
Poli
FOFC Survivor

crap!!!

What's going on???
Old 05-30-2006, 08:59 PM   #288
hoopsguy
General Manager

AE, hope you had a good trip to soggy Chicago. Read fast
Old 05-30-2006, 08:59 PM   #289
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

talk about the nick of time. *laughs*
Old 05-30-2006, 08:59 PM   #290
hoopsguy
General Manager

Tyrith - Barkeep (158), Path (160)
Blade - Qwik (161), mckerney (176), cronin (188), Tanglewood (251)
mckerney - Lathum (168)
Tanglewood - Schmidty (209), Hoopsguy (213), Tyrith (234), Saldana (238), Blade (254)
Barkeep - Anxiety (219)
No votes: AlanT (out for day), Ardent (hasn't shown up today, in transit), Dubb
Old 05-30-2006, 08:59 PM   #291
Poli
FOFC Survivor

VOTE SCHMIDTY

My obligatory first vote. And yes, i have been drinking.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:00 PM   #292
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I would bet my house that one of Ardent, dubb, or path is a henchman.

You always think I'm bad though. But that's OK, I usually feel the same way about you.....
Old 05-30-2006, 09:00 PM   #293
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

deadline.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:01 PM   #294
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
AE, hope you had a good trip to soggy Chicago. Read fast
Ha!

I wish.

Flight was good. Ended up stranded at the base waiting for a ride to the place I'm staying for the week till 6pm.

Couldn't log onto the computers at work. Some moron locked out my account. I hope to have that fixed tomorrow.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:01 PM   #295
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

1.Anxiety - Barkeep49 (1)
2.Barkeep49 - Tyrith (1)
3.Qwikshot - Blade6119 (1)
4. AlanT- NO VOTE (-)
5. Mckerney- Blade6119 (2)
6. Saldana - Tanglewood (1)
7. Lathum - Mckerney (1)
8. st cronin - Blade6119 (3)
9. path12 - Tyrith (2)
10. ardent enthusiast- Schmidty (1)
11 Tyrith - Tanglewood (2)
12.Schmidty - Tanglewood (3)
13. dubb93 - NO VOTE (-)
14.Hoopsguy - Tanglewood (4)
15.tanglewood - Blade6119 (4)
16.Blade6119 - Tanglewood (5)

As you make your decision, the grinning image of the Mad Wizard chuckles grimly. "So let it be done!" The illusory wizard waves his hands broadly, and all the other wolves in the group are inflamed with an unreasonable anger and hatred toward Tanglewood. He tries to back away, tail down, whining softly and run in front of this united force, intent on his demise, but can only take five strides before the pack is on him, and tanglewood's throat is quickly ripped out.

As the group recovers, the body lies there, steaming in the cool air. You wait for minutes, hoping to see some change , knowing that polymorph magic ends upon the death of the target...

But Tanglewood's body does not change.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:02 PM   #296
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Beer, by the way, is goood.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:03 PM   #297
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

We are in Night 1. All night actions are due by 9 AM
Old 05-30-2006, 09:06 PM   #298
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hope he didn't have a special role - I would like to think that would have come out in the last hour if he did.

So, for tomorrow I would take a look at those voting for Tanglewood today. I find it unlikely that there was not a single wolf on him.

I know that I'm a wolf, so that leaves four candidates for me to look at tomorrow - obviously everyone else has to evaluate me in that group when making their decision. That is where I'll be starting tomorrow, barrring some Night 1 evidence (decent chance of this based on X-Com).
Old 05-30-2006, 09:09 PM   #299
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think we're on the wrong track. Barkeep was actually the first one to cast a vote. I think that Qwik got Barkeep and Blade confused when he voted for Blade... although I may be misreading him. Tangle, who knows, it's hard to believe enough wolves could get together on anybody day 1 without a good reason, and I don't see a good reason to vote tangle.

No, I wasn't confused.

I feel bad for Tangle, he's a different time zone and seems to get hammered for it all the time.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:12 PM   #300
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
He tries to back away, tail down, whining softly and run in front of this united force, intent on his demise, but can only take five strides before the pack is on him, and tanglewood's throat is quickly ripped out.

As the group recovers, the body lies there, steaming in the cool air. You wait for minutes, hoping to see some change , knowing that polymorph magic ends upon the death of the target...

But Tanglewood's body does not change.

this doesnt make any sense....its clear that tangle is in wolf form if he has his tail down....and if the magic ends when the target dies, how does his body not change...the only way that makes any sense is if tangle were a real wolf, not a werewolf