Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-16-2006, 05:17 PM   #2851
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Izulde, why did you have it for me the beginning of the game? Is that a grudge from the past?

And I had some help from hoops, so if y'all think I played bad, blame it on him, if you think I played good, it was all me.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 05:18 PM   #2852
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Blade, did you know i was a seer before you died?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:24 PM   #2853
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Izulde, why did you have it for me the beginning of the game? Is that a grudge from the past?

And I had some help from hoops, so if y'all think I played bad, blame it on him, if you think I played good, it was all me.

Absolutely. I felt like LoneStarGirl played a good game despite me In all seriousness, I had a good time following along this way. And I hope my lengthy dissertations didn't bore her too much.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:02 PM   #2854
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
What did you guys think about the game size. Was 25 too many? I thought it went well as a GM, but I saw all of the behind the scenes stuff.

I'd also like to hear from our new or newer players like Sublime 2 and Jonathan Ezarik about how they thought the game went.

-Anxiety

I had a great time playing, and will most likely play again. I guess my main problem is posting...I understood the rules and everything, but just couldn't get myself to post 100 times a day. Despite what he says, Thomkal helped me quite a bit.

The beginning was the toughest part, just taking everything in, and then casting a vote. Pretty overwheling overall.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:02 PM   #2855
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:

Nope, no grudge. Just a strong hunch you were bad, based on how vocal you'd been in the other games I'd been in with you when you were a vanilla villager.

It actually worked out to our advantage though, in spite of your being almost night-killed, because I'm sure DT and Saruman's side figured well no sense in killing them because they're at each other's throats and maybe we can get them to lynch for us.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:17 PM   #2856
st.cronin
General Manager

I thought LSG played a fantastic game, as well.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:18 PM   #2857
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Nope, no grudge. Just a strong hunch you were bad, based on how vocal you'd been in the other games I'd been in with you when you were a vanilla villager.

It actually worked out to our advantage though, in spite of your being almost night-killed, because I'm sure DT and Saruman's side figured well no sense in killing them because they're at each other's throats and maybe we can get them to lynch for us.

exactly
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:31 PM   #2858
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, did you know i was a seer before you died?

No...i purposefully let slip the "her/she" things to throw people off the actual role i had pinned down...people threw a big fit over it and did exactly what i thought they would...assume i messed up. I had no idea you were the seer until i died. I did know thomkal wasnt the seer, but i didnt know you were.

No, my comments that everyone threw a big fit over were designed to do what they did...make everyone look in the wrong direction. I just happened to, luckily or unluckily, point them right at our seer. Thank god no one respects me enough to act on that(cough cough DT)
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:05 PM   #2859
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
No...i purposefully let slip the "her/she" things to throw people off the actual role i had pinned down...people threw a big fit over it and did exactly what i thought they would...assume i messed up. I had no idea you were the seer until i died. I did know thomkal wasnt the seer, but i didnt know you were.

No, my comments that everyone threw a big fit over were designed to do what they did...make everyone look in the wrong direction. I just happened to, luckily or unluckily, point them right at our seer. Thank god no one respects me enough to act on that(cough cough DT)

i've already explained my reasoning (sound IMO) for not taking out the seer or the false-seer.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:16 PM   #2860
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post

It was funny but ithought Iremembered a post before the her/she slipup where you refer to that same person as a guy. I thought it wasn't a slip up but an attempt to not leave out the women from suspicion.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:18 PM   #2861
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I am actually looking forward to a role in which Ican comminicate with others. it will be a nice change instead of flailing about aimlessly and helplessly.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:21 PM   #2862
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Jonathan, I enjoyed watching you play this game. Very nice first effort - always fun to see someone jump in with opinions and engage the experienced players their first time out. Looking back, I was completely wrong about your allegiance. Watching you react to LSG/Thomkal I was almost convinced that you were on the opposite bad guy team from Thomkal.

So much so that late in the game I scanned Jonathan just to make sure Brian wasn't deceiving us about you or that perhaps you got converted.

Last edited by Thomkal : 11-16-2006 at 08:26 PM.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:36 PM   #2863
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I really do love you all, too.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:37 PM   #2864
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
It was funny but ithought Iremembered a post before the her/she slipup where you refer to that same person as a guy. I thought it wasn't a slip up but an attempt to not leave out the women from suspicion.

Thats what i said...i said i planned it and didnt slip up..we must be having a breakdown in communication here
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:39 PM   #2865
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Of course, in this game, with so many female roles, there was less of a chance of that being read as a slip up. Hope you guys didn't mind the larger number of female roles in this

Old 11-17-2006, 08:22 AM   #2866
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I forgot that this was the game scoobz was in.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:48 PM   #2867
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I actually like that this game ended when it did, before it felt stale.

Old 11-17-2006, 02:34 PM   #2868
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I actually like that this game ended when it did, before it felt stale.

I was surprised to see that it had ended with the villagers winning. When I saw that the game was over, I thought the bad guys had won.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:49 PM   #2869
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Silly bad guys with their silly refusal to do torture and prevent me from writing a cool torture scene *grumbles*

Old 11-17-2006, 03:50 PM   #2870
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

If they had successfully tortured, every piece of game info the player had the Agents of Sauron would have received. Torture a Ranger and find out who the other Rangers are, the individual roles of the person tortured, any night actions they had, what night actions Rangers have, etc. Torture the seer? Amazing info.

-Anxiety

Old 12-10-2006, 07:26 PM   #2871
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Forgot to mention a role I had created but ultiamtely decided to pull. I didn;t want to make the game too complex, but I thought it wa sneat, so I'll share it with you now:

This character is an Agent of Saruman who follows him because she still beleives Saruman is on the side of Light. Her powers help her track down and hunt Agents of Sauron, and she is still in regular contact with Saruman. She is an Agent of Saruman but on the Side of Light.

If the Rangers Scout her, then they dfind out she works for Saruman and that she's Light. Then they get a new Night Action - Convince Agent that they can use on any subsequent night to try and convince her that Saruman has turned to the darkness. There is a cumulative chance of success each night. Ultimately, she can swtcih to Townsfolk.

While she is an Agent of Saruman, however, despite being Light, she counts as Dark for purposes of ending the game.

A cool character, sure, but as you can see, it's a bit confusing. Very flavorful though.

-Anxiety

Old 12-19-2006, 01:36 AM   #2872
Schmidty
Coordinator

You kick ass dude. I really like you as a GM.

I might be saying that because I'm tipsy (my little sister is here), but I think you're great.

You other people are great too. I am like a hippy right now.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 03:03 AM   #2873
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Thanks buddy, I appreciate, especially since you were my first GM!

-Anxiety