Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-10-2007, 02:19 AM   #301
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'd like to see a few more people nominate themselves for Consul. I think that will offer us another source of information based on who votes for whom to become Consul. I guess there's nothing to stop me voting for anyone but I'd rather vote for someone who actually wants the job. My leaning would be to vote for someone who is rich and is, therefore, likely to be able to hire a bodyguard. As with the Big City game I think the wolves have a vested interest in killing the Consuls and limiting our opportunity to take action. Again, I'll be regarding anyone not voting in the Consul election as being pretty suspicious - in a big game like this we need as many records of voting patterns as possible.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:33 AM   #302
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I would like to lobby for the consul position. I am extremely disappointed in how things turned out for Westvus Fanus' arrest. Obviously, something has come up, and he has asked to be removed from the game, but this still nonetheless puts us in a bad spot.

After tomorrow (the second and last day of the current term), I will be available at all times from the morning through the early afternoon. It will be plenty of time for me to assess potential arrest candidates. I also would like to put myself out there to be checked, because my schedule tends to make me look quiet halfway through the game, and thus suspicious.

I encourage anyone who wishes to sue me to get information from me. My promise is that someone will be arrested every day. I guarantee it.

Also, I think we need to move on some of the people who have not yet been sued. Did anyone get any information from the first day's suits that are of use to us? I'm not necessarily advocating they should speak if the information is best left secret for now (although I can't think of much info besides role information that would qualify), but it might be helpful in a game like this for us to be more revealing of at least some of what we learn.

In the interest of making sure everyone gets sued at some point...

CHIEFUS RUMUS SUES LONESTARGIRLUS

She claims too much confusion at everything. I have always suspected she knows far more than she allows, and plays up the naive angle too much. Here's too hoping I find out there is more to it than that.

I will withold my vote on Coffee Warlord until tomorrow.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:45 AM   #303
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I don't think we'll learn anything from Day 1's suits until tomorrow. I have not, to my knowledge, been sued, and I welcome anyone to do so, as it will help prove me as loyal to the Senate and the ideals behind it.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:57 AM   #304
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I don't think we'll learn anything from Day 1's suits until tomorrow. I have not, to my knowledge, been sued, and I welcome anyone to do so, as it will help prove me as loyal to the Senate and the ideals behind it.

Hmm, you may be right. I thought when the services were determined, and arrests made, that the suits might have been handled then. But now that I think of it, I think you're right that st. cronin only put them on the docket. I'll have to go back and check to confirm.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:58 AM   #305
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I will withold my vote on Coffee Warlord until tomorrow.

I'm not sure if the player can be held for another day but either way waiting another day is wasting a day. As there can only be two prisoners at any one time that means that the Consuls can only arrest one person today. I think we have to vote to execute or to free so we can get two more people to vote on tomorrow. Might need clarification from St cronin on that as I guess he didn't consider there only being one prisoner this early in the game.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:59 AM   #306
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
[u]The following lawsuits are scheduled to be heard by the courts today:
KAYUS WHITUS SUES ALANUS TEEUS
ALANUS TEEUS SUES HOOPUS GUYUS
HOOPUS GUYUS SUES AUTUMNUS LEAVUS
Coffeus Yakus Warlordus Sues Ironsus Headus
DADDYus TORGOus SUES WESTVUS FANus
Autumnus Leavus Sues Westvus Fanus
AUTUMNUS LEAVUS SUES SALDANUS LATHUMUS
Ardentus Enthusiastus sues Swaggus Swaggus
Barkeepus Valerius Fortynineus sues Saldanus Lathamus
ANXIETUS ABEUS SUES DADDYUS TORGOUS
KAYUS WHITUS SUES WESTVUS FANUS
KAYUS WHITUS SUES SALDANUS LATHUMUS
KAYUS WHITUS SUES SWAGGUS SWAGGUS
KAYUS WHITUS SUES ARDENTUS ENTHUSIASTUS
Grammaticus Atticus sues Autumnus Leavus
Neon Chaos sues Barkeep
PEREGRINUS sues PATH12
Kayus Whitus sues bulletus spongeus
snus dvls sues kayus whitus

Yup, Peregrine, you're right. That sucks, I won't find out results until I get home from work tomorrow night. There certainly is a delay between action and result in this game, isn't there? Lawsuits, service hiring, arrests and kills, etc.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:01 AM   #307
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I'm not sure if the player can be held for another day but either way waiting another day is wasting a day. As there can only be two prisoners at any one time that means that the Consuls can only arrest one person today. I think we have to vote to execute or to free so we can get two more people to vote on tomorrow. Might need clarification from St cronin on that as I guess he didn't consider there only being one prisoner this early in the game.

Narcizo, time difference confusion, I think. From my perspective, I am still on my "Monday", wrapping up my computer activity before I hit the hay. "Tomorrow" for me means when I wake up in a few hours later on this morning.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:02 AM   #308
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

In other words, I will be voting well before the Tuesday deadline (in fact, some eight hours before).
Old 04-10-2007, 04:02 AM   #309
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

(meta-point) Incidentally I think it's interesting that in a recent thread Alan was saying that it was too easy for the wolves to hide in the early stages because people generally vote to lynch people who make a lot of posts (because they'll always be able to find something suspicious in among the posts). Only for him to arrest an experienced player who was making more of a contribution to the thread than a lot of other people.

I'm just saying is all.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:03 AM   #310
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Narcizo, time difference confusion, I think. From my perspective, I am still on my "Monday", wrapping up my computer activity before I hit the hay. "Tomorrow" for me means when I wake up in a few hours later on this morning.

Ah! Gotcha.

It's 11 in the morning here now. Stupid time zones. :o
Old 04-10-2007, 04:17 AM   #311
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

19 cases per day? That's a lot better than I had hoped for. In that case

Narcizo sues Pewegwine

I got a hinky feeling from his opposition to arrests being made yesterday. Admittedly the infamous second-level analysis suggests that it probably means he's a villager (a wolf probably wouldn't be so vocally for or against anything on day one) but I'll probably miss out on most of the action today so I have to play the hand I'm dealt. Clearly I won't be voting for him should he be arrested though as he's been one of the most vocal people here and I'm going to be sticking by my rules for the first three days or so. And he's someone who hasn't been sued yet.

And because his name works great with a lisp.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:24 AM   #312
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Vote Coffee Warlord is innocent.

In case I need the vote bolded for whatever reason.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:47 AM   #313
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

This will probably get complicated quickly with two different votes we want to keep track of so it's probably best to start the counting early so someone else can take over during the day.

Coffee Warlord
Execute (4) - Barkeep #285, Tyrith #286, Swaggs #294, Narcizo #298
Release (1) - AE #312

Consul vote
KWhit - SnDvls #283
Barkeep - Barkeep #285
Old 04-10-2007, 05:52 AM   #314
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Not sure if CW is allowed to vote to release himself. (st Cronin?) If he is then I think 15 votes are needed to execute him. If he isn't, then 14 are needed.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:13 AM   #315
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I see it differently. With enemies plotting to poison us, we're going to need all the loyal people we can on hand. We may not make any forward progress by not executing anyone, but we avoid any backward progress by not executing an innocent.

Let's hear from some more people about the mysterious services. Maybe there are things we can use to figure out who the bad guys are.

an interesting point....this game is quite different from others, where sitting idly by and not lynching anyone is harmful to us. however, since there is no apparent night kill in this game, do we have the time to sit and wait for evidence?

honestly, i dont think so. i would expect there to be other methods of killing us than throwing us off the rock, otherwise, there would be no real way for the wolves to win.

also, i have been wondering about winning conditions....i figure there have to be at least 5 tarquinblahs out there...does anyone else think they may have a winning condition if they are elected to both Consul positions and the Tribune at the same time?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:45 AM   #316
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Wow. A lot of material to plod through today.

As is, I have no desire to become consul. My interests are vested in the people of Rome.

I think I now see the point of acquiring wealth through Lawsuits. Afterall, he who has the most money will most likely be able to avail the most number of services (whatever they may be). Since this is so, I will then have to go ahead and collect wealth.

Neon Chaos sues the following:

Abeus Anxietus
Antus Meisterus
Autumnus Leavus
Barkeepus Valerius Fortynineus
Pathus Twelveus
Peregrinus Barbarus
Snus Dvlus

As for voting: For now, I will choose to Execute Coffee Warlord
And I will vote to re-elect Alan T. (we're allowed to do this, right?) to keep the boat steady for a while.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:52 AM   #317
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

There were kills in the Big City which was a game without "nights". I see no reason why there shouldn't be kills in this.

Although it would be quite an interesting game if there aren't any kills and the wolves have the victory conditions you laid out. However I think those victory conditions would make the game a bit too random, depending on the initial set-up. (if the Tribune started as a wolf they would have a much better chance than otherwise).

It's something to think about though as I hadn't even considered the possibility that the bad guys might have victory conditions diverging from the standard 1:1 ratio. Maybe it isn't as straightforward as I presumed.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:54 AM   #318
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

That was meant to be quoting saldana, incidentally.

And Neon Chaos, you're not allowed to revote the current Consul.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:02 AM   #319
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, no info on services and suits won't be settled until later.

Ardent voting for CW as innocent would hold more weight with me if he didn't consistently align himself with CW in games, for better or worse.

I'm going to be at temple today (well, technically a seminar) until sometime fairly close to the deadline. I fully expect to be back in time to vote on CW and hope that there is some further information at that time. Although I'm usually an advocate of "execute now" I really do want a little better understanding of the game mechanics before blindly doing this.

Consul - I'm willing to be elected, even though that didn't work out spectacularly well in the "Big City" game for me. I don't have the wealth to enable a bully pulpit, but I do have the best interests of the city at heart.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:33 AM   #320
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
(meta-point) Incidentally I think it's interesting that in a recent thread Alan was saying that it was too easy for the wolves to hide in the early stages because people generally vote to lynch people who make a lot of posts (because they'll always be able to find something suspicious in among the posts). Only for him to arrest an experienced player who was making more of a contribution to the thread than a lot of other people.

I'm just saying is all.

You make it sound like I've been pushing for a lynch here. If anything, I feel that I have tried to remain completely objective about Coffeus Yakus Warlordus in my conversations since his arrest. If you have noticed, I have not yet voted to lynch him, but like I said before I felt inaction on my part would set us back a day. I had hoped this arrest might be a spearpoint for discussion regarding the possibility of his being treasonous or not.

Unfortunatly I was in a difficult spot yesterday, and remain in a difficult spot today. I am charged with placing those who are disloyal to the republic under arrest for treason without any or at least very minimal evidence. I had asked for suggestions from my fellow senators on who suspicious people were that I might consider arresting might be, yet all of you remained mute. I will repeat that request today for any thoughts about individuals that I should consider arresting and why, in hopes that I might have some guidance in this decision for today.

Quote:
Not sure if CW is allowed to vote to release himself. (st Cronin?) If he is then I think 15 votes are needed to execute him. If he isn't, then 14 are needed.

I don't believe you need to vote to free him. My understanding is if a majority of votes choose to throw him off the rock, then he is removed. Otherwise he is freed at the end of the day. So from what I can tell, you either vote to throw him off the rock or remain silent. (From a vote perspective that is. From a game perspective, we obviously can choose to vote not to throw him off the rock with detailed reasons if we so choose to create discussion).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Wow. A lot of material to plod through today.

As is, I have no desire to become consul. My interests are vested in the people of Rome.

I think I now see the point of acquiring wealth through Lawsuits. Afterall, he who has the most money will most likely be able to avail the most number of services (whatever they may be). Since this is so, I will then have to go ahead and collect wealth.

Neon Chaos sues the following:

Abeus Anxietus
Antus Meisterus
Autumnus Leavus
Barkeepus Valerius Fortynineus
Pathus Twelveus
Peregrinus Barbarus
Snus Dvlus

As for voting: For now, I will choose to Execute Coffee Warlord
And I will vote to re-elect Alan T. (we're allowed to do this, right?) to keep the boat steady for a while.

I have noticed the pattern in whom you have chosen to sue, but any reason why you decided to leave one individual out from a lawsuit?

Also I can not be re-elected today. The earliest I could be elected again as consul if people so chose would be on day 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

Ardent voting for CW as innocent would hold more weight with me if he didn't consistently align himself with CW in games, for better or worse.

I'm going to be at temple today (well, technically a seminar) until sometime fairly close to the deadline. I fully expect to be back in time to vote on CW and hope that there is some further information at that time. Although I'm usually an advocate of "execute now" I really do want a little better understanding of the game mechanics before blindly doing this.

Consul - I'm willing to be elected, even though that didn't work out spectacularly well in the "Big City" game for me. I don't have the wealth to enable a bully pulpit, but I do have the best interests of the city at heart.

Ardentus Enthusiastus has been an ardent supporter of Coffeus Yakus Warlordus since his arrest, however my impression is that it is based on a gut feeling no different than my choice to place him under arrest was.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:38 AM   #321
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

In order to continue from yesterday where I left off with lawsuits, I still do not believe any of us have seen the upside from lawsuits or the negative consequences from them. We also do not know what merits their decisions will be based on just yet. So I will remain conservative in my decisions of whom I shall sue. We may find that they do not give us much information back at all, but either way today I have several decisions to make with very little information to rely upon. WHether or not to throw Coffeus Yakus Warlordus off of the rock, who to elect as the new consul, and whom to place under arrest.

For the same reasons as my previous lawsuit, I'll issue two new ones today.

Alanus Teeus sues Chiefus Rumus
Alanus Teeus sues Barkeepus Valerius Fortynineus
Old 04-10-2007, 07:49 AM   #322
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
You make it sound like I've been pushing for a lynch here. If anything, I feel that I have tried to remain completely objective about Coffeus Yakus Warlordus in my conversations since his arrest. If you have noticed, I have not yet voted to lynch him, but like I said before I felt inaction on my part would set us back a day. I had hoped this arrest might be a spearpoint for discussion regarding the possibility of his being treasonous or not.

Were I Consul I would have voted to arrest the person I would vote to lynch on day one in a traditional game setting. Hoping to shake out some information about whether he's treasonous or not seems a bit hopeful at this stage of the game. But I can see your point and hopefully someone will have access to some sort of seer-like ability and will be able to safely provide us with information about him, in which case it will be very welcome news.

If you want my suggestions about who should be arrested today I'd go for someone who has had little input in the game by the time you make your decision. Maybe the fear of arrest will get people talking more.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:52 AM   #323
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

Actually, I think the last game I played with CW was last year about this time. I was a wolf, and CW went after me.

That game, in particular, is why I see Warlord's play as the same. He told me afterward he came after me because he had nothing to lose. I see this as the same play.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:53 AM   #324
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Were I Consul I would have voted to arrest the person I would vote to lynch on day one in a traditional game setting. Hoping to shake out some information about whether he's treasonous or not seems a bit hopeful at this stage of the game. But I can see your point and hopefully someone will have access to some sort of seer-like ability and will be able to safely provide us with information about him, in which case it will be very welcome news.

If you want my suggestions about who should be arrested today I'd go for someone who has had little input in the game by the time you make your decision. Maybe the fear of arrest will get people talking more.

Who would you see as quiest so far and fitting in the role of trying to just blend in?
Old 04-10-2007, 07:54 AM   #325
KWhit
Coordinator

I have already received one vote for consul and would welcome more. I would be happy to serve the will of the people and rid the senate of the filthy, traitorous Tarquinists.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:58 AM   #326
KWhit
Coordinator

I have no strong feeling on the guilt or innocence of CW at this time. And this is a completely different situation than a normal game's day one where we have many different people to choose from and can gauge a person's loyalties by whom they vote for. Since there is only one person eligible to be thrown from the rock, it is going to be MUCH harder to get any meaningful information from this vote.

I am on the fence about my vote at this time, but may vote for his execution simply to see what the mechanics of this particular game are.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:01 AM   #327
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Vote Kwhit for consul. There you go.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:02 AM   #328
Poli
FOFC Survivor

BTW, I did receive word that my legionaire guy is a 1 day deal.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:03 AM   #329
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Coffee Yakus is allowed to vote both for his own innocence, and for Consul.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:08 AM   #330
KWhit
Coordinator

When asked about the lawsuits, st.cronin said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Although there is little doubt to the outcome of most of them, the results will be posted along with all other Day II results.

That worries me a bit and suggests that most of my lawsuits are going to fail, as I sued Senators with more wealth than my own. As we all know, money buys favor in the courts.

Therefore, in order to better serve the people and grow my bankroll I am suing all Senators that currently have the same wealth as I have (that I did not sue yesterday):

KAYUS WHITUS SUES CHIEFUS RUMUS
KAYUS WHITUS SUES DADDYUS TORGOUS
KAYUS WHITUS SUES HOOPUS GUYUS
KAYUS WHITUS SUES NARCIZUS LISPUS
KAYUS WHITUS SUES NEONUS CHAOSUS
KAYUS WHITUS SUES TYRUS ITHUS
Old 04-10-2007, 08:11 AM   #331
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I guess I missed that part of the message from Cronin.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:12 AM   #332
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Who would you see as quiest so far and fitting in the role of trying to just blend in?

At the moment it's easier to say who I think isn't doing that. Hopefully that will change today.

Currently I definitely wouldn't consider Peregrine (adamantly against arresting someone), KWhit (issuing multiple writs), AE (voting for CW), Barkeep (First to propose himself for Consul), Autumn (seems to have posted a fair bit and issued a couple of writs).

People who haven't really posted anything of significance include ImTheCrew, Antmeister, LoneStarGirl, Ironhead, Swaggs, Bulletsponge. (forgive me if I've missed something they've contributed).

Hopefully the picture will be different by the time it comes for you to make a decision.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:15 AM   #333
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Alanus Teeus elects Dodgus Erchickus for consul.

A consul doesn't need to be available alot during the day, they just have to be open to input from other senators able to get in their action before the end of the day, have the best interest of the republic at heart and ideally money to be able to aquire appropriate services for either protection or information.

I can't speak one way or another for Dodgus Erchickus's loyalty to the republic, but that is also true for the majority of the others in the senate at this time as well. Dodgus Erchickus is however one of the wealthier in the senate and thus I would think best able to protect themselves.

I perhaps would elect one of a number of individuals next time around, but as of now we have had no opportunity to see the results of numerous lawsuits, or gain information any other way. So if my vote to elect will be based on very little, I am trying to at least find some benefit to push one person in my mind above others.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:18 AM   #334
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Alanus Teeus elects Dodgus Erchickus for consul.

A consul doesn't need to be available alot during the day, they just have to be open to input from other senators able to get in their action before the end of the day, have the best interest of the republic at heart and ideally money to be able to aquire appropriate services for either protection or information.

I can't speak one way or another for Dodgus Erchickus's loyalty to the republic, but that is also true for the majority of the others in the senate at this time as well. Dodgus Erchickus is however one of the wealthier in the senate and thus I would think best able to protect themselves.

I perhaps would elect one of a number of individuals next time around, but as of now we have had no opportunity to see the results of numerous lawsuits, or gain information any other way. So if my vote to elect will be based on very little, I am trying to at least find some benefit to push one person in my mind above others.

It is true that a consul does not need to post too much, but Dodgus Erchickus has been nearly non-existant in the game so far - only 7 posts in the whole thread. I question this nomination.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:21 AM   #335
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
It is true that a consul does not need to post too much, but Dodgus Erchickus has been nearly non-existant in the game so far - only 7 posts in the whole thread. I question this nomination.

Yes because the 11 posts from Barkeepus Valerius Fortynineus is far more significant and shouldn't be questioned? I have no problem with you seeking to be elected Consul, but your most recent comment is very odd to me to single that one out of the bunch.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:25 AM   #336
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes because the 11 posts from Barkeepus Valerius Fortynineus is far more significant and shouldn't be questioned? I have no problem with you seeking to be elected Consul, but your most recent comment is very odd to me to single that one out of the bunch.

Just responding to your statement that "A consul doesn't need to be available alot during the day, they just have to be open to input from other senators able to get in their action before the end of the day."

I wanted to state that while that is true, it is important for us to KNOW that the consul will be around to make arrests. We have already missed one arrest and can't afford to miss more.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:26 AM   #337
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Out of interest how do we see how many times someone has posted in a thread?
Old 04-10-2007, 08:28 AM   #338
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Also, I responded to your nomination of DC primarily because I had forgotten that she was even IN the game she has been so quiet. So I looked up her post count in the thread.

I did not have the same kind of perception about Barkeepus, so I didn't see how many posts he had when he was nominated earlier.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:28 AM   #339
Swaggs
Coordinator

This may not interest anyone except me, but I'll ask anyway:

Do you all think that several folks will bid for my services (as the best lawyer) or will people overthink things and think that AE (as the #2) will be more easily available?

I am just curious, as I have not learned a whole lot about my role yet.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:29 AM   #340
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Outside the thread itself, it's one of the links to the thread. Click on the number of replies.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:29 AM   #341
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Click on the number of replies shown beside the thread title in the Werewolf Games forum.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:31 AM   #342
Swaggs
Coordinator

Vote Chief Rum for Consul

If he is available to participate, as he says he is, I think he would do a very good job of asking questions and then analyzing how they are answered.

I shall wait to see who else throws their hat in the ring before deciding on my second vote.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:31 AM   #343
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

Do you all think that several folks will bid for my services (as the best lawyer) or will people overthink things and think that AE (as the #2) will be more easily available?

You'll get some bids for sure. There will be some that overthink things, but there will be others that will bid on you just because of the thought that maybe everyone else will bid on AE.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:32 AM   #344
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just responding to your statement that "A consul doesn't need to be available alot during the day, they just have to be open to input from other senators able to get in their action before the end of the day."

I wanted to state that while that is true, it is important for us to KNOW that the consul will be around to make arrests. We have already missed one arrest and can't afford to miss more.

I have not seen anything in Dodgus Erchickus's history to make me feel there is a risk of missed arrests. You are pushing quite hard right now for what only appears to be selfish reasons (powerlust). Right now I for one question whether you place the republic's interests above your own.

Someone previously mentioned that a traitor is less likely to try to put themselves into a position of authority. I actually feel that an experienced player with treasonous qualities would very like to make that play, as it would allow them to escape arrest for multiple days, help their fellow traitors avoid arrest for two days and thus far information we have gained from others seems quite slow. We do not know what their winning condition is, how the consul plays into that either. I am beginning to wonder if our fellow senator Kayus Whitus is making such a push right now in the open. Someone as experienced as him would make such a bold play if they were treasonous I would feel.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:32 AM   #345
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I don't necessarily think that we have to get wealthy people in the Consul posts, as long as the bodyguards are used to protect the Consuls it doesn't really matter who is paying their wages. Of course the Consul is more likely to protect himself then someone else is to decide to protect them but if everyone plays as a team we should be alright. What we definitely don't want is a situation where people are being appointed to be a consul and are then being killed immediately. From what I remember of the Big City game it was important that the players in the Consul(/Judge) post are around immediately after the end of day so they can get their arrest orders out before the bad guys kill one of them.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:33 AM   #346
KWhit
Coordinator

I also notice that Imus Thecrewus has been nearly non-existent in this thread and certainly has not been helping our cause. Perhaps he should be arrested to see if we can get him talking that way.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:33 AM   #347
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I have been posting steadily throughout the game. While 11 may not be a momentous figure, nor is it some indication that after Day 1 I have not been actively involved in this game.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:33 AM   #348
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

I assume that some of the wealthier members might not be as concerned with whom others will try to hire.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:34 AM   #349
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I have been posting steadily throughout the game. While 11 may not be a momentous figure, nor is it some indication that after Day 1 I have not been actively involved in this game.

You missed the point. I never said you wern't being active. In fact, I don't know anyone who has said that you havent been.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:37 AM   #350
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I also notice that Imus Thecrewus has been nearly non-existent in this thread and certainly has not been helping our cause. Perhaps he should be arrested to see if we can get him talking that way.
I agree that this Senator could contribute far more.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote