Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-12-2008, 09:22 PM   #351
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Dola, though to be fair there was some distance between EF's first vote and the next two (which I was part of) so really I'm just throwing darts randomly. You know how I hate day 1's....

That might be the worst dola of all time.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:22 PM   #352
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Axxon, in the case of the other game (assuming PB is the sorc) PB ended up in the wrong place. I would say that isn't the norm for him, but he is tough to move off a fully-formed opinion and I completely get your frustration.

Someone else will unwittingly screw you out of a win in the next 2-4 games and they can then move to the top of your Day 1 vote list Hopefully I'm not that guy.

no love for my multiple fake reveals? I was confused myself at tiems

nto that that is hard

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:23 PM   #353
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
No, it was just that it was so much earlier than the others. He implied it was random when he made the vote, but since I've not played with him I'd like to hear his reasoning.

The reason it was earlier was because I was 90% sure I wasn't going to be around the entire afternoon, but plans changed...I just didn't think there was a reason to switch my vote this early.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:24 PM   #354
Schmidty
Coordinator

After the sheer panic of your situation abates a bit, paranoia sets in. Before long, the paranoia takes on an almost animalistic hysteria. From somewhere deep down, everyone of you realize that your lives are in the balance, and the only way out is to find whatever horror is keeping you trapped in this hell.

Shouting matches ensue, followed by some shoving matches. Eventually, a group of you instinctively turn toward mccollins. In the blink of an eye, the mob closes in on him, pummeling him until he is a bloody and quite dead.

Things settle down, and you all search through his things. The only thing you find, is a book in his satchel entitled "The Canterbury Tales: A Critical Examination".

mccollins was a Student of English Literature.

Last edited by Schmidty : 06-12-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:25 PM   #355
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I'm back from dinner, but still no write up

I see Schmidty in the thread, so maybe it will be soon....
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:25 PM   #356
hoopsguy
General Manager

Clap, everything came up roses for you. But I think as the sorc there you have to follow the guy who gets in the early vote unless you have overwhelming reason not to do so.

If Axxon was bluffing I would have given him props after the game if I was duped. I don't think you can count on a guy in his first game to make that strong a play. I thought a number of people played well in that game, which is part of why it was disappointing to read the ending there. I thought the wolves had earned their win.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:26 PM   #357
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Guess we have some analyzing to do tomorrow. I'm off to watch a movie, then sleep.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:27 PM   #358
The Jackal
Coordinator

Meh. That didn't go very well. And how much do we really press EF since he had a legitimate self preservation reasoning? Tough.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:29 PM   #359
Schmidty
Coordinator

I fixed some grammar and stuff in my above post. I'm tired. Have had 2 hours sleep in the last 24 hours.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:29 PM   #360
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Well, not too much of a surprise. I wish we could devise a game where Day One wasn't so much guess work. It always amazes me when we actually do nab a wolf on Day One. Or like last big game, having two wolves of three targets up as targets, what the heck was that about?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:30 PM   #361
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bummer on mccollins. I don't see any of our roles that match this description, so I guess that is a bright side.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:30 PM   #362
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Well, not too much of a surprise. I wish we could devise a game where Day One wasn't so much guess work. It always amazes me when we actually do nab a wolf on Day One. Or like last big game, having two wolves of three targets up as targets, what the heck was that about?

The last -two- games in a row we had two wolves as the leading vote getters on day one, craziness.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:31 PM   #363
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Meh. That didn't go very well. And how much do we really press EF since he had a legitimate self preservation reasoning? Tough.

I'm not sure I see any more than a self-preservation vote there, although I guess it's one direction to look. I would probably be more interested in the ones that put EF in the position to make that decision.

But then, mccollins voters don't look good either (I am one of those).

Old 06-12-2008, 09:31 PM   #364
The Jackal
Coordinator

Oh, I guess Lathum's was a small one, though. Didn't notice the "big" part.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:34 PM   #365
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The last -two- games in a row we had two wolves as the leading vote getters on day one, craziness.

Oh, I didn't play the small game, so didn't know that. Wow, that is crazy.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:34 PM   #366
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh, I guess Lathum's was a small one, though. Didn't notice the "big" part.

God I've had too much going on tonight. I'll retract this - I was right the first time. In both the chess game and the lolcat game we had two wolves as the top two vote getters on day 1.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:34 PM   #367
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Axxon, in the case of the other game (assuming PB is the sorc) PB ended up in the wrong place. I would say that isn't the norm for him, but he is tough to move off a fully-formed opinion and I completely get your frustration.

Someone else will unwittingly screw you out of a win in the next 2-4 games and they can then move to the top of your Day 1 vote list Hopefully I'm not that guy.

No, it's honestly not frustration it is the second part that I'm concerned about. Someone who doesn't back off a position when it is proven to be a bad one isn't necessarily going to be the best asset.

If he's right, great but if not, not so much. Given that I know less about most of you as players it pushes that vote and knowing how good racer is, it was a no brainer to switch to the person I perceived as the weaker player to vote off the island on day one, all else being equal.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:35 PM   #368
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh, I didn't play the small game, so didn't know that. Wow, that is crazy.

See my retraction. Makes it even crazier.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:36 PM   #369
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Round one goes to the wolves I guess, unless McCollins was smelly, then in an enclosed room it would get obnoxious.
Fun game! I look forward to seeing it progress!
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:36 PM   #370
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
No, it's honestly not frustration it is the second part that I'm concerned about. Someone who doesn't back off a position when it is proven to be a bad one isn't necessarily going to be the best asset.

If he's right, great but if not, not so much. Given that I know less about most of you as players it pushes that vote and knowing how good racer is, it was a no brainer to switch to the person I perceived as the weaker player to vote off the island on day one, all else being equal.

For good or bad... I think that describes me pretty well too. I've been known to get something in my head and stick with it all the way through. I've been right and looked brilliant at times.. and other times I've looked really bad.. I don't know if that is necessarily a horrible quality to have in some cases.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:41 PM   #371
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
For good or bad... I think that describes me pretty well too. I've been known to get something in my head and stick with it all the way through. I've been right and looked brilliant at times.. and other times I've looked really bad.. I don't know if that is necessarily a horrible quality to have in some cases.

Even in that scenario though? It wasn't just stubbornness which can be an asset it's stubbornness in the face of overwhelming logic and not even probing both parties to try and figure it out to see if you might have been wrong?

Anyway, I was mostly explaining my day one vote rather than leading a day 2 crusade. Just wanted to make that clear.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:42 PM   #372
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Even in that scenario though? It wasn't just stubbornness which can be an asset it's stubbornness in the face of overwhelming logic and not even probing both parties to try and figure it out to see if you might have been wrong?

Anyway, I was mostly explaining my day one vote rather than leading a day 2 crusade. Just wanted to make that clear.

Well I wasn't meaning specifically relating to the previous game you were in with him as much as in general

The way you feel about PurdueBrad probably is pretty close to how St.Cronin feels about playing with me though.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:45 PM   #373
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Well I wasn't meaning specifically relating to the previous game you were in with him as much as in general

The way you feel about PurdueBrad probably is pretty close to how St.Cronin feels about playing with me though.

Understood and the fact that it was my first game ever does make the pill just a tad bit more bitter. I was supposed to be the guy screwing up.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:45 PM   #374
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I have always found Alan to be a strong analyst of game situations, but he's right that he can lock on (he's not the only one, though, but I do remember some interesting stick to his guns moments).

Overwhelming logic is rarely available in WW, so I don't know if Alan has ever challenged that, but he always very probing, regardless.

All that said, I see where you're coming from on PB. But there's really no reason to worry about it right now. We don't lynch anyone again for another 22 hours.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #375
Schmidty
Coordinator

As soon as I get all night actions, I'll post the results. Unless I'm too tired.

I work 3rd shift, and tonight's one of my nights off (also have Friday and Saturday off), which kind of sucks, because I'm going to have to wake myself up at 6 a.m. to post results if they aren't all in before I fall asleep.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #376
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
Alright, before I get totally engrossed in the game I'll introduce myself a bit! No, I'm not from Michigan, originally I'm from California. I think that I'm officially a Washingtonian though since I've been here for pretty much the last 20 years.
I work full time in a photo lab and photography would be one of my biggest hobbies. I'm stubborn as hell as I'm sure some of you already know (ha!) but am also pretty upbeat (I sound like I"m filling out a personal add!).

Oh ya, and I'm "hawt", but not "flat!"

Now...back to reading and trying to figure out who to send packin'!

Welcome!! I really enjoy photography as well, but I'm very much a novice. I received a Nikon D40 as a grad school graduation present from all my family. I had been lusting for it for quite a while ...
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:45 PM   #377
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
mccollins always seems to vote for me (feels that way anyway), so I'm going to vote for him.

bah - I didn't keep very good records in the cat game, but besides that I've only voted for you once before (was in the chess game).

One perk about voting for you - you're not around during the day before deadline to attack back
Old 06-12-2008, 10:52 PM   #378
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

MF, sorry to come back to see the other game and after reading it, I really wish you guys just would've lynched me this game. I'm out for the night, but seriously, even though I am a villager, christ almighty did I screw up the other game so you know what, Axxon's right. Vote for the weak link.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:00 PM   #379
mccollins
College Prospect

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

... ahem ....

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I even told y'all I wouldn't be around for deadline to save myself. Oh well. Reading from the sidelines yet again.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:06 PM   #380
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
MF, sorry to come back to see the other game and after reading it, I really wish you guys just would've lynched me this game. I'm out for the night, but seriously, even though I am a villager, christ almighty did I screw up the other game so you know what, Axxon's right. Vote for the weak link.

PB, we've all made bad plays. Do you forget when you had me convinced that someone who'd just killed two wolves was the last wolf in the Battlestar game?

This is a different game, let's move on with it.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:12 PM   #381
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:

Sounds more like, vote for the drunk link. I had my reasons to vote for you round one but I think I'll reserve my options for this one.

Have a pleasant sleep.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:13 PM   #382
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Sadly Axxon, I volunteered to be DD tonight, so not even the joy of a buzz.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:00 AM   #383
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Welcome!! I really enjoy photography as well, but I'm very much a novice. I received a Nikon D40 as a grad school graduation present from all my family. I had been lusting for it for quite a while ...

Can I just say I'm jealous? I've wanted that camera for awhile. The current digital I have is just a little aim and shoot one, a hand-me-down from a friend. I need to just bit the bullet and get the one I want. There just always seems to be something I want/need more!
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:12 AM   #384
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
I need to just bit the bullet

Come again?
Old 06-13-2008, 06:41 AM   #385
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'm kind of annoyed that I stayed awake this late on my day off. Almost no sleep in.....who the heck knows. Too tired. Maybe my wife knows. I'm done.

I won't be around at the night deadline. I'm tired beyond belief, and this is my daughter's last day of Kindergarten, so we will be there for the last hour of class , which is like 11:30 - 12:30 PST. If a miracle happens, I might have time before we leave. If not, sorry, but I don't have all the night actions right now.

Good night.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:49 AM   #386
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Schmidty, you shodul set the deadlines wherever they work for you and to hell with everyone else no reason you shoudl have to be up at 6AM on your day off

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 07:22 AM   #387
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I made a mistake in my last game by going to death on night 1 without really vocalising that I felt it important to go after PurdueBrad (who was a wolf that game) the next day. I didn't want to throw out a gut call, get killed and then have people take it for gospel the next day in case I was wrong.. This time, in case I'm killed tonight, I want to at least get out my thoughts before I die. Don't take any of this for gospel so to speak, it is simply what is spinning around in my head currently..

Without knowing who a wolf is yet, we don't really have alot of answers for some of the movement that happened on day 1 yesterday. Among the oddest movement that struck me oddly was the number of people who jumped ship to vote others in order to try to apparently save or doom others. Normally on day 1, I don't know of many reasons to try to save someone if you are a villager.. why come out and defend someone that you may or may not know is bad and put your own neck on the line if they do end up bad?

The oddest move of the day that I caught last night was to me Render's pushing for a third candidate in PurdueBrad and how quickly he went from 2+ back to suddenly 2 ahead in the voting for a while. I looked through all of that interaction again, and Render still seems a bit odd to me however re-reading through, another name jumped out with huge warning lights to me.

Racer started off the day trying to get the first vote out of the gate (but was beat by mccollins just barely), but then he had the following post that I remember struck me as odd yesterday but I had forgotten about it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I don't even remember what my major was. I'll have to relook at my PM from Schmidty to see.

I don't want to focus on this too much as Schmidty made it clear in the rules to not play games with the wording in PMs.. All I have to say is I know very clearly what field of study I am in, and the previous post just doesn't fit right for me.

Now to the next few posts, where I already brought up Render bringing in the third candidate, but it seems that Racer was pretty eager to support that as well.

Quote:
I haven't done the math, but the probability of there being one wolf in a group of three is substantially higher then there being two wolves in a group of three.

Quote:
So based on your analysis, I think it would be better to go with a group of three then it would be to go with a group of two.

If Mccollins had turned up bad, I think I would beeline for Render and Racer at this point, the fact Mccollins was a villager helps give some with their arguement in this case, however Racer took it a step further:

Quote:
I double checked this. EagleFan's post was one minute after the other guy's so I seriously doubt EagleFan saw the other guy's post and made his post in that span of time.

Racer started supporting Eaglefan slightly or subtly in the above post and then started trying to throw some doubt in people's mind about PurdueBrad in the next post.. at least enough doubt that a pretty strong run on PurdueBrad had started to form.

Quote:
I have a question, does PurdueBrad usually play this agressive if he is a villager? He has suggested like 4 different people I think to look at besides who he voted for. He played a much less aggressively in this past simple game. I'm asking this because he is still alive in that game so I'm not positive what his role is. I'm not saying this just because he suggested me. I'm just trying to get a feel on what is normal for him when he is a villager.

Take note though, that while arguing a point or getting the wheels in motion for the PurdueBrad run, he still hadn't moved his vote at all until the next post in which you can't see what he had quoted there, but he did two things in the next post.. He defended Render and then moved his vote to PurdueBrad with Render:

Quote:
How is any vote in the first hour or so of the game any more unfair then another? Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "bad omen".

[b]Unvote Axxon[b]
Vote PurdueBrad

Anyways, as I said earlier, my Axxon vote is because of the way the last game has turned out. All of the initial votes on EagleFan came from what was probably dumb luck on EagleFan's part. After the first vote, there was a lot of quick pile on for him. Both mccollins and PurdueBrad have been praised about being good villagers so I'm changing my vote to the one I'm a little more weary of.

Quote:
Unvote Axxon
Vote PurdueBrad

Since it got messed up the first time.

I haven't played too many games with Racer, and normally the type of play that is striking my wolf-radar really strongly above is something that I don't attribute to players that I have not played alot with.. However in Racer's last game (which I did not play in), I read along the entire game and was really impressed with his play.. So I don't doubt that he is capable of this level of play as a wolf either.

Anyhows just like I said, if I die don't take this as gospel, it just is what I had turning in my head this morning after yesterday. I guess it really depends on what happens in the night 1 phase before I really decide to go forward with any direction of thought just yet.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:24 AM   #388
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

I agree with Clap, make the deadlines convenient for you...

And congrats on your daughter graduating kindergarten...to this day, my son in his little mortarboard hat sitting with all his kindergarten classmates is one of the cutest things I've ever seen!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 07:40 AM   #389
Telle
College Starter

The bit about Racer not remembering his field of study stuck out at me too. Wouldn't you just go look it up if you were going to mention it at all? It's not that hard to check your PM. Or else why even say anything?
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:45 AM   #390
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Alan T...Thanks for sharing your thoughts. As a noob, it's nice to see what is going through the heads of an experienced player.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:27 AM   #391
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
Schmidty, you shodul set the deadlines wherever they work for you and to hell with everyone else no reason you shoudl have to be up at 6AM on your day off

Ditto ... and you can still change them.

BBBRRRAAAAIIINNNSSS!!
Old 06-13-2008, 08:47 AM   #392
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Alan T, I never defended or intended to defend Render. I was pretty torn on whether or not to move my vote to McCollins or PurdueBrad yesterday. I had pinned as the sorcerer, but then I started having a lot of doubt when he had not yet moved his vote. Him playing so much more aggressively in this game made me think he was on the opposite side that he was on that game.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:49 AM   #393
Racer
College Benchwarmer

The not remembering my major is also just silly. I was just making conversation. I would do that whether I was a villager or a wolf.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:55 AM   #394
Telle
College Starter

You know, talking about the last game in this game is rather confusing if you weren't in the last game. Can we try to limit such conversation please?
Old 06-13-2008, 08:57 AM   #395
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm going to be leaving in about an hour for the weekend (in-laws for father's day weekend) so I'll have a vote in. Right now I'm pretty sure most of you can tell who I most want to vote for.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:59 AM   #396
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

kinda hard to vote durign the night tho

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 09:01 AM   #397
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
kinda hard to vote durign the night tho

Good call, likely leaving then without voting. I would probably then vote for the person that didn't put in a vote.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:03 AM   #398
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
You know, talking about the last game in this game is rather confusing if you weren't in the last game. Can we try to limit such conversation please?

I was in the last game.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:04 AM   #399
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
I was in the last game.

Yeah but I wasn't.. and it's confusing the hell out of me with all the talk in this game about last game.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:15 AM   #400
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Good call, likely leaving then without voting. I would probably then vote for the person that didn't put in a vote.

Everyone voted didn't they?