Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-12-2010, 05:40 PM   #301
RendeR
Coordinator

Lack of reading further before posting, interest in having a new person with a vote (I think he was vote free, but I'm skimming to catch up) and well, he's Kwhit, he's always a wolf.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:44 PM   #302
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I don't think Lathum knows anything that the rest of us don't. The only possibility is that something happened last night before he died?

I think more likely he just didn't have time to write out his explanation, which will be just as ill-founded as the rest of us. I think jumping on this bandwagon seems a poor idea right now.

We're now up to 8 candidates, and I'm not strongly tempted by any of them. Arg. A bit more thought.

Well, it's 3-2-a bunch of ones and we've got some folks who affect votes counted, so a bandwagon seems like a bit of an overstatement.

I assume neither Lathum or I have been scanned so you are right to be skeptical, but my personal interpretation was that he may have been told who killed him last night, and coupled with some general "huh?" with CrimsonFox's play makes that as good a place as any to put my vote........at least until we hear from Lathum.

Now, if we don't hear more from Lathum I'd be inclined to move my vote before deadline.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:49 PM   #303
hoopsguy
General Manager

Caught up, will almost certainly move my vote to a meaningful candidate down the stretch. I'll be back to do that somewhere in the hour leading up to the deadline.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #304
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

unvote Autumn

vote PurdueBrad

Time to cut down the number of candidates.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #305
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

you guys have me curious too. I'm interested in hearing any reasoning for a vote against me as I've heard none.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #306
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I am interested as well, as I was thinking Crimson's antics were more from lack of experience playing the game. Of course new does not equal good. However it does give them a modicum more trust than I probably should give.

So what are these antics you speak of? Yes this is the first time I've ever played WW online like this. All I've done so far is discuss my suspicions based on what I see. If I am right or wrong I do not know. Just going on hunches. Still say that the really quiet people are suspicious.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #307
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
you guys have me curious too. I'm interested in hearing any reasoning for a vote against me as I've heard none.

It's only day 2, so it's not much more than a hunch as far as I'm concerned, and I'm not sure how often you've played which might have something to do with it also -- but for me, the fact that you put a second vote on Darth Vilius right after I did yesterday raised an eyebrow, as did your post today with regard to Autumn -- generally the "AHA!!!" moments in werewolf are few and far between and I didn't think your reasoning warranted your apparent certainty of his guilt.

But it takes a few games to know someones style, and I may just not be familiar enough with yours yet.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #308
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
So what are these antics you speak of? Yes this is the first time I've ever played WW online like this. All I've done so far is discuss my suspicions based on what I see. If I am right or wrong I do not know. Just going on hunches. Still say that the really quiet people are suspicious.

From my limited experience, everything that people do will be considered suspicious by some people. Personally, I find it a lot less frustrating if I try not to even worry about it.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:02 PM   #309
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

That makes more sense then. It's frustrating at first, I got so mad about getting myself lynched my first (way too many) number of games.

On the chance you're good, don't let the fact of getting votes scare you away from throwing stuff out there. It is just a game, and too many end up not saying enough for fear of saying the wrong thing.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:03 PM   #310
path12
Coordinator

Oh, the other reason I voted for you was because Lathum did and I know he's good.

But as stated above, if I don't hear from him before deadline I will be moving my vote elsewhere. Where, I don't know, but somewhere else.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:03 PM   #311
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
It's only day 2, so it's not much more than a hunch as far as I'm concerned, and I'm not sure how often you've played which might have something to do with it also -- but for me, the fact that you put a second vote on Darth Vilius right after I did yesterday raised an eyebrow, as did your post today with regard to Autumn -- generally the "AHA!!!" moments in werewolf are few and far between and I didn't think your reasoning warranted your apparent certainty of his guilt.

But it takes a few games to know someones style, and I may just not be familiar enough with yours yet.

True, it was only a small aha moment, but one that definitely required investigation. I only voted for Darth so quick yesterday as I had to leave and wouldn't get back to my computer before the deadline. Had to vote for somebody. Not certainty of his guilt but certainty that it makes him a suspect. As for style I don't really have one. It seems the people that say less do better in this game :P
Old 01-12-2010, 06:06 PM   #312
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
As for style I don't really have one. It seems the people that say less do better in this game :P

Depends on how you define "better". If it's just survival, yeah, I guess so. But the best players I've seen around here talk pretty regularly.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:11 PM   #313
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm interested as well in the Crimson Fox vote. I'm between him or Eaglefan, so I'll try to wait for Lathum's reasoning but I may not have a ton of time.

As for cutting down the candidates, I agree with that decision. Make it a two or three horse race rather than these spread out random votes.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:17 PM   #314
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
True, it was only a small aha moment, but one that definitely required investigation. I only voted for Darth so quick yesterday as I had to leave and wouldn't get back to my computer before the deadline. Had to vote for somebody. Not certainty of his guilt but certainty that it makes him a suspect. As for style I don't really have one. It seems the people that say less do better in this game :P

I wouldn't say that Lathum being NK'd really means much about Autumn. I think it would be rare for a day one NK to be a person placing a lone vote on a wolf. I think the Lathum NK played more into who he is. The only thing I don't get is why go after someone that voted DT since that group will be getting a lot of heat.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:19 PM   #315
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'll try to pop in prior to deadline but it's been a rough day. So, let's throw this out there

vote CrimsonFox
Old 01-12-2010, 06:19 PM   #316
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I'm interested as well in the Crimson Fox vote. I'm between him or Eaglefan, so I'll try to wait for Lathum's reasoning but I may not have a ton of time.

As for cutting down the candidates, I agree with that decision. Make it a two or three horse race rather than these spread out random votes.

Did I say that I'm sorry for the swiss cheese comment?
Old 01-12-2010, 06:19 PM   #317
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hehe, yeah, thanks a lot EF
Old 01-12-2010, 06:24 PM   #318
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
From my limited experience, everything that people do will be considered suspicious by some people. Personally, I find it a lot less frustrating if I try not to even worry about it.

Yeah. Was thinking maybe using smiley faces and caps and multiexclamation points was a bit strong . Was meaning it to come across more tongue and cheek as I'm trying to have fun with this. But I guess it's suspicious to have fun in some circles.

But also notice that even thought I've made a bunch of accusations and observations, I still haven't voted. Maybe I should. I'm still liking my henry idea as he still hasn't said anything yet I know he's here.
If he votes for me now, that clinches it for me.
saldana's vote made my head jerk a little because it was exactly doing to me what dubb said he did to him too.

But neither of these two are on the block really. NOt sure the strategy for this. VOting for someone that has a lot of votes makes you suspicious and making accusations about people makes you suspicious (or thrown under the bus by a wolf ). HOwever I might go for someone else just to save my own ass as people seem to think I'm a wolf. Probably the strategy I will use.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:25 PM   #319
J23
College Benchwarmer

Vote PurdueBrad

I should be around to move this in the next hour-ish if Lathum shows up with some strong evidence. PB's just been quieter than I remember him being.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:25 PM   #320
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Yet to vote (day 2):

3. Schmidty
6. Autumn
12. Jackal
14. J23
15. CrimsonFox
19. Kwhit
20. Henry
Old 01-12-2010, 06:26 PM   #321
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Gee Purduebrad how convenient for you.

VOTE PurdueBrad it is then. RUnning on the save my ass ballot.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:26 PM   #322
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Oops, make that

Yet to vote (day 2):

3. Schmidty
6. Autumn
12. Jackal
15. CrimsonFox
19. Kwhit
20. Henry
Old 01-12-2010, 06:26 PM   #323
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Crud, one more try...

Yet to vote (day 2):

3. Schmidty
6. Autumn
12. Jackal
19. Kwhit
20. Henry
Old 01-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #324
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Thoughts anyone?
Old 01-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #325
The Jackal
Coordinator

*screams at time warner cable*

It's been down for over three hours, I just caught up. Is there a count?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:35 PM   #326
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
*screams at time warner cable*

It's been down for over three hours, I just caught up. Is there a count?

I'll do you one better than a count (I guess)...

(230) – Abe Sargent votes ntndeadon (ntndeacon 1)
(238) – ntndeacon votes EagleFan (ntndeacon 1, EagleFan 1)
(240) – Darth Vulus votes J23 (ntndeacon 1, EagleFan 1, J23 1)
(247) – EagleFan votes Autumn (ntndeacon 1, EagleFan 1, J23 1, Autumn 1)
(248) – RealDeal votes EagleFan (EagleFan 2, ntndeacon 1, J23 1, Autumn 1)
(249) – Abe Sargent unvotes ntndeacon, votes dubb93 (EagleFan 2, J23 1, Autumn 1, dubb93 1)
(254) – Lathum is reborn
(257) – dubb93 votes saldana (EagleFan 2, J23 1, Autumn 1, dubb93 1, saldana 1)
(266) – hoops voted PurdueBrad (EagleFan 2, J23 1, Autumn 1, dubb93 1, saldana 1, PurdueBrad 1)
(270) – path claims ressurector
(284) – Lathum votes CrimsonFox (EagleFan 2, J23 1, Autumn 1, dubb93 1, saldana 1, PurdueBrad 1, CrimsonFox 1)
(287) – path12 votes CrimsonFox (EagleFan 2, CrimsonFox 2, J23 1, Autumn 1, dubb93 1, saldana 1, PurdueBrad 1)
(297) – saldana votes CrimsonFox (CrimsonFox 3, EagleFan 2, J23 1, Autumn 1, dubb93, 1, saldana 1, PurdueBrad 1)
(298) – RendeR votes Kwhit (CrimsonFox 3, EagleFan 2, J23 1, Autumn 1, dubb93 1, saldana 1, PurdueBrad 1, Kwhit 1)
(304) – EagleFan unvotes Autumn, votes PurdueBrad (CrimsonFox 3, EagleFan 2, PurdueBrad 2, J23 1, dubb93 1, saldana 1, Kwhit 1)
(315) – PurdueBrad votes CrimsonFox (CrimsonFox 4, EagleFan 2, PurdueBrad 2, J23 1, dubb93 1, saldana 1, Kwhit 1)
(319) – J23 votes PurdueBrad (CrimsonFox 4, PurdueBrad 3, EagleFan 2, J23 1, dubb93 1, saldana 1, Kwhit 1)
(321) – CrimsonFox votes J23 (CrimsonFox 4, PurdueBrad 4, EagleFan 2, J23 1, dubb93 1, saldana 1, Kwhit 1)
Old 01-12-2010, 06:38 PM   #327
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, I'm in a tie, that was a nice run.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:39 PM   #328
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

um I voted for Brad, not j23
Old 01-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #329
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

He added it right, just typed that part wrong.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:42 PM   #330
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Wow, I'm in a tie, that was a nice run.

Interesting that the run happened after it sounde like you were leaving the thread for a while.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:43 PM   #331
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Sorry, will correct my list (not sure what I was thinking, got the totals right though ) .
Old 01-12-2010, 06:44 PM   #332
J23
College Benchwarmer

PB popping in the thread made me think about not seeing him post much at all, hence why he got my vote.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:44 PM   #333
J23
College Benchwarmer

I'm still around to move it if needed as well. Hoping Lathum shows up w/ some good info before deadline.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #334
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
I'm still liking my henry idea as he still hasn't said anything yet I know he's here.

Just a reminder that my only day access is via phone so it may look like I'm one because my phone is on the site. I try to read when I get a free minute during the day. It is also why I probably won't post a lot.

I'm now home and had dinner...

I do trust Path and Lathum as that is a horrible move for a wolf. I think we could very easily focus on the no voters, DT voters and Hoops voters as each as 4 uncleared players.

I think Crimson Fox is also ok as he see his play as more typical newbie than wolf. Given the current run on PurdueBrad, I'll think I'll hold off to see if we get more momentum anywhere else.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:53 PM   #335
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

unvote PurdueBrad

vote KWhit

Stirring the pot a bit. Not sold on PB being a wolf at this point and CF still has the hard to read new player tag but he's not playing like a new wolf being coached by a vet wolf. At least it doesn't seem that way.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #336
Danny
Head Coach

As of post #335

3 PurdueBrad (Hoops 266, J23 319, CrimsonFox 321)
4 CrimsonFox (Lathum 284, Path 287, Saldana 297, PurdueBrad 315)
2 EagleFan (ntn 238, RealDeal 248)
1 dubb93 (Abe 249)
1 J23 (Darth 247)
1 Saldana (Dubb 257)
2 Kwhit (Render 298, EagleFan 335)

Last edited by Danny : 01-12-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:57 PM   #337
hoopsguy
General Manager

K, not sure if I'll be back or not. I'm on both bath/bed duty for my kid tonight, so any time I get between now and deadline is going to be very brief.

Since my PB vote seems to have some legs at this point I'm inclined to leave it. If Lathum shows and has something compelling I'll be willing to switch but otherwise I'm picking PB out of these candidates because he voted for me with (my opinion) insufficient reasons and I believe there was at least one wolf among my voters yesterday. In this runoff, I think that is enough to sit tight.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:57 PM   #338
Danny
Head Coach

And no votes from

3. Schmidty
6. Autumn
12. Jackal
19. Kwhit
20. Henry
Old 01-12-2010, 06:57 PM   #339
J23
College Benchwarmer

You have EF still listed as voting for PB, though the vote count is correct.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:58 PM   #340
Danny
Head Coach

fixed, thanks
Old 01-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #341
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Hey guys, popping in real quick. Had a crazy day. TBH had Saldana not texted e I would have no clue I was resurected and even in the game.

I just got home and want to get a work out in before dinner.

I just want to say I have no inside info and really don't know where that came from. I just didn't want to do a total hit and run. I have reasons for my vote but I have no added insight. What I meant was I will explain my reasons when I get a chance. That will likely be after the deadline.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #342
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Thoughts anyone?

I think Saldana's post after Abe voted me today smelled terrible basically condemning me yet not willing to cast the second stone my way so early. Almost like he was trying to bait a bandwagon on me.

Other than that I don't like the vote on Crimson b/c he is new and because I get the feeling reading his posts today that he doesn't really fully know what he is doing yet.

Schmidty scorned me yesterday so I may be willing to go his way as well, but I think Schmidty was just being Schmidty yesterday.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:07 PM   #343
Autumn
Head Coach

Hmm, I'm not going to go CF unless Lathum comes out with something solid. I don't see anything on PB, it seems he gets a lot of votes for "banter" reasons so I'm not going to jump on there unless someone has something. EF at least makes sense because he was a DT voter, but I'm a little hesitant about following NTN and RealDeal as they've pinged me a bit. That leaves me with Kwhit, who at least is a DT voter. No one who's pinged my wolfdar is up for vote. Hmm. I'm going to look through the votes and posts one more time.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:11 PM   #344
henry296
College Starter

I'm going to keep this close and go for Kwhit who was one of the DT voters.

VOTE Kwhit
Old 01-12-2010, 07:11 PM   #345
path12
Coordinator

UNVOTE CRIMSONFOX

Based on Lathum's post. I have a couple of hunches but am unsure which I want to play yet, so I'll wait until closer to deadline.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #346
Autumn
Head Coach

I guess I'm going to go Kwhit for now. At least if he turned up bad that would give us a clear target in Hoops (due to Kwhit breaking the tie yesterday). I don't want the voting to be too close given all the weird vote things going on but I can't see voting for CF or PB right now.

Vote KWHIT
Old 01-12-2010, 07:14 PM   #347
Danny
Head Coach

3 PurdueBrad (Hoops 266, J23 319, CrimsonFox 321)
3 CrimsonFox (Lathum 284, Saldana 297, PurdueBrad 315)
2 EagleFan (ntn 238, RealDeal 248)
1 dubb93 (Abe 249)
1 J23 (Darth 247)
1 Saldana (Dubb 257)
3 Kwhit (Render 298, EagleFan 335, Henry 344)
Old 01-12-2010, 07:14 PM   #348
Autumn
Head Coach

Ah, I didn't see Henry's vote when I voted. That's interesting, as Henry's the other guy I would have gone after if he had any votes ;-)
Old 01-12-2010, 07:14 PM   #349
KWhit
Coordinator

I'm gonna:

VOTE SALDANA

He has pinged my wolf-dar a little bit this game and I believe a wolf might very well follow the two cleared villagers in going after CF (who just comes across as a newbie to me, no more or less suspicious than anyone else).
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:15 PM   #350
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'll move off of Crimson Fox but I don't like the KWhit run.

unvote Crimson Fox