Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-06-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
Danny
Head Coach

WW CXXIV: When Worlds Collide - Game Over!

Background:
During an FOFC werewolf players get together, a freak happening occurs and real and fictional worlds collide! Fictional characters ally with those at the meeting and an all out war starts. It is then found out that a Magic Rune has caused this chaos. We control this rune, we control the world. Most of us have grown accustomed to and corrupted b y the power of the crystal and wish for things to stay in chaos and continue to rule this new world. However, there are a select few who have avoided corruption and wish to restore things to normal. Each player in the game commands his characters into this new world. There are also characters not aligned with anyone that simply want chaos or take power from us.

Factions:
Players: 20+ (hopefully)
Good/Werewolves: Those corrupted by this new world
Evil/Villagers: Those wanting to restore things to normal
Others: those who don't neatly fit under the other two categories

During sign-ups, each player selects a real/fictional character or collection of characters. that they would like to play during this game. The moderator has the right to refuse a selection, but will try to accommodate any reasonable selection. The moderator will assign roles/powers prior to the start of the game.

The game begins with everyone publicly accustomed to this new world and vying for its power. Secretly, some wish to destroy the crystal and restore things to normal. Characters are well known to all players - these are public roles. Each player has a private role that includes powers, health, energy, and win conditions (if different from overall group)

Win Conditions:
Majority (“Bad”) Make sure that the crystal is protected and this new world remains. By defeating all of the “werewolves” they become assured this new world will remain.
Minority ("Good"): Destroy the crystal. This is done by obtaining a 1:1 ratio with the “Villagers” which allows them to overthrow them and destroy the crystal.

Characters:
Each character will be assigned a set of powers, as well as ratings for Health and Energy.
Health - how much damage a character can sustain before they are killed
Attack – The characters default attack value
Defense- The characters default defense value
Powers - these will differ from character to character and not all characters will necessarily have powers. Based on the character, some characters will be inherently more powerful than others. Each character will have a Standard Attack, and Standard Defense,

Powers:
Expect that there will be some duplicate powers, depending on character selection but a ton of unique powers as well. Powers should be a reflection of the character, but likely will not be an exact representation. In rare cases different powers have been assigned. This is done for both game balance and to introduce some elements of unpredictability in the game.

Recovery:
All characters 1 health per day unless otherwise noted. Health cannot exceed the starting value.

Deadlines:
Day ends at 9PM CST
Night ends at 8AM CST

Day Cycle:
Each day players issue a "Standard Attack" - this is the equivalent of "voting". Each character declares their attack and their target in the thread - use caps and bold at the bottom of your post to declare this. Attacks can be changed or revoked by unattacking and making a new attack up until deadline.

Only one attack can be issued per day, per character (although if an attack is revoked, another attack can be initiated in its place). Players with multiple characters may attack separate characters. A player may still use a special attack in addition to their standard attack.

In addition, every day additional fictional characters will become available for you to fight or interact with. At the beginning of the phase these characters will be posted. Each character will have a reward players can receive for defeating them or by interacting with them. But be careful, those with more powerful rewards may be tougher to defeat or interact with and cause you to take damage and leave yourself more vulnerable to a lynch! Additionally, some with seemingly weaker rewards may prove valuable in interacting with future foes! Which fictional character you want to go visit is to be sent via private message to myself by the day deadline. These fights will be posted with flavor throughout the day if possible, but the rewards/cost will not take effect until the day deadline is processed

Lynch (End of Day Cycle):
At the end of the Day cycle, each character suffers damage according to the amount of attack power used against them – their defense rating. Because of this, it is possible for there to be no death or several deaths in any given day.

Attacking with all characters is necessary! If you do not get your attacks in, the characters you control will attack a random character! (could even be a teammate)

Players will likely not have complete information on damage delivered by attacks over the course of the day, but the end of day recap will include the total amount of damage delivered to each character. Note that this amount will often differ from the amount of damage sustained by the players as it does not factor in their defense rating. The recap will also include the player who executed the "kill shot". Character faction will be revealed upon death.

Night Cycle:
Many characters will have powers that can be used during the Night Cycle. This includes the "minority" force, which have the option to execute night attacks. During the night, the players who control the rune and their characters are vulnerable. Each night attack is made on a player and not on their characters. Thus, after someone is night killed, it is possible that their characters join forces with another player due to a special ability. Players may be able to impact the night kill through use of powers Below is the order for night actions.

Order of Night Actions:
1. Defense actions
2. Research actions
3. Attack actions

Additional Game Notes:
1. No editing posts
2. Character powers will take precedence over any rules posted in this thread. The rules here are meant to apply to the majority, but in some cases may not apply to a small minority
3. Playing in character(s) is highly encouraged. The moderator reserves the right to reward players for especially good role play, either publicly or privately.
4. If a character is driven below 25% of their health, but still lives into the next day, they will be listed hurt (rounding up) heading into the night cycle. Regular healing will take place at that time.

Last edited by Danny : 07-10-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:24 PM   #2
Danny
Head Coach

1. CrimsonFox - Mad Hatter, March Hare, Dormouse
2. Tyrith - Vice Admiral Horatio Viscount Nelson
3. Autumn - Animal, Miss Piggy, Swedish Chef, Beaker, Professor Honeydew, Kermit & Gonzo
4. Darth Vilus - Cthulu
5. Jag - Melisandre of Asshai
6. Mauboy - Malcolm Reynolds, Zoe and Jayne
7. The Jackal - Keyser Soze
8. Mckerney - Heavy
9. Eaglefan- Duke Nukem
10. Barkeep - Athena
11. Schmidty - The Hulk
12. Zinto - Dwight Schrute
13. J23- The Most Interesting Man in the World
14. NTN- Thursday Next
15. PackerFanatic- Jack Bauer
16. Chubby - Super Grover 2.0, Cookie Monster, Oscar the Grouch
17. Dubb- "Macho Man" Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan and Miss Elizabeth
18. Daddytorgo- Mrs. Doubtfire
19. Cougarfreak- Goo #1, Goo #2
20. Hoopsguy- Sauron
21. Lathum- Harry Potter

Last edited by Danny : 07-21-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #3
Danny
Head Coach

Reserved 2
Old 06-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #4
Danny
Head Coach

Reserved 3
Old 06-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #5
Danny
Head Coach

Reserved 4
Old 06-06-2011, 09:26 PM   #6
Danny
Head Coach

I may do some minor reworking of the rules, but here they are from last time. When you sign up, you may post the character / characters you want. Please get these to me as soon as you can so I can work on it while Dark Knight is still going on.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #7
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

IN!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #8
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Collide has two L's
Old 06-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #9
Danny
Head Coach

The collision destroyed one of them
Old 06-06-2011, 09:30 PM   #10
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Whoa.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:34 PM   #11
Tyrith
College Starter

So we can really choose just about anything?
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:37 PM   #12
Danny
Head Coach

Yes, I'll work with pretty much anything. The one exception would be a prominent religious figure. I'm not overly superstitious, but I am Christian, so I wouldn't feel comfortable putting in the things I plan with say someone having Jesus as a character.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:42 PM   #13
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Yes, I'll work with pretty much anything. The one exception would be a prominent religious figure. I'm not overly superstitious, but I am Christian, so I wouldn't feel comfortable putting in the things I plan with say someone having Jesus as a character.

I completely agree with that stance. I'll have to think about my choice for a bit.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #14
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm in, not sure on a character yet.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #15
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

In. I'll have to read the description about five more times.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:26 PM   #16
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

In.

Character: Melisandre of Asshai.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:31 PM   #17
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
In.

Hot.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:34 PM   #18
Danny
Head Coach

Keep in mind if you guys have ideas for abilities, feel free to message with me to work it out and come up with something. In general, I am thinking two abilities for most people, but it could be less or more based on the power of an ability.

Last edited by Danny : 06-06-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:41 PM   #19
Danny
Head Coach

And again, it's possible to choose more than one character when they are a team or when they may be on the weaker side.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:51 PM   #20
The Jackal
Coordinator

In.

Kaiser Soze.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:53 PM   #21
The Jackal
Coordinator

Or Keyser Soze, it's late and I think I got the spelling wrong there.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #22
Danny
Head Coach

You don't want to be Kaiser Permanente?
Old 06-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #23
Danny
Head Coach

Or Kaiser Roll?
Old 06-06-2011, 11:01 PM   #24
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Von Kaiser?
Old 06-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #25
mckerney
Coordinator

Caesar?
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:23 PM   #26
mckerney
Coordinator

In.

Heavy.

Old 06-07-2011, 12:57 AM   #27
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

In. Character comes later

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:37 AM   #28
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

In - torn between Artemis Fowl and companions or Skullduggery Pleasant and companions or Lyra Whatsername from Northern Lights. Because I'm into "intelligent" children's books at the moment. And I feel like my geek-rating needs polishing a bit more.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:48 AM   #29
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
In - torn between Artemis Fowl and companions or Skullduggery Pleasant and companions or Lyra Whatsername from Northern Lights. Because I'm into "intelligent" children's books at the moment. And I feel like my geek-rating needs polishing a bit more.

I love Artemis Fowl.

I am in but I am not sure what character I want to be yet.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:14 AM   #30
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Problem with Artemis Fowl is that he's a genius which is kind of hard to play, unless you're a genius. I've thought of a cunning get-round though.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:22 AM   #31
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Just saw the end of night phase time. I love you Danny. And all you stand for.

Urm ... in a manly way, of course.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:29 AM   #32
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'll go for Artemis Fowl and some companions then. PM you the stuff Danny.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:40 AM   #33
mckerney
Coordinator

I had thought of going with Gordon Freeman, but to play in character I'd have to not post.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:44 AM   #34
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The Mad Hatter's Teaparty:
The Mad hatter
The March Hare
The Dormouse

(from Alice in Wonderland)
Old 06-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #35
Danny
Head Coach

Since someone asked via PM, this is how health, damage and defense will work.

A character takes all damage received over his defense.

Let's say Joker has 8 health, 3 damage and 3 defense. A total of four people vote for him, each with 3 damage, so he would sustain 12 total damage before defense. He has 3 defense, so his total damage taken is everything over 3, so in this case 9 damage. Since he only has 8 health, he would be killed.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #36
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I love the character mix thus far.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:28 AM   #37
Danny
Head Coach

They'll likely be at least 5 various fictional characters / teams of characters appearing every day as well. Who knows, you might even be able to recruit the help of some of them! Or have to defeat them.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #38
Autumn
Head Coach

I will play The Muppets!
Old 06-07-2011, 12:20 PM   #39
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post

Awesome choices, especially Skullduggery who isn't as well known as the other two. I think though I might have to lean towards Artemis especially cause I think Colfer's a very gifted writer.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:22 PM   #40
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm in. Seriously considering Omar from the Wire but don't know that I could role play that level of badass.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #41
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

woohoo I get two spots on the list!
Old 06-08-2011, 01:04 AM   #42
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Woo! Barkeep is in.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:08 AM   #43
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Oh and Omar would rock.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:43 AM   #44
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
In.

I -just- started reading Clash of Kings. Guess she's going to be a character that sticks around.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:07 AM   #45
Tyrith
College Starter

I've thought about this for a while, and I just decided to go with the first thing that popped into my head. So I'll play Vice Admiral Horatio Viscount Nelson, of the British Navy. Can't be Lord Nelson, since the lordship was awarded posthumously and I'd rather not play re-animated Admiral Nelson.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #46
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I -just- started reading Clash of Kings. Guess she's going to be a character that sticks around.

No comment. Wouldn't want to spoil it one way or another for you (also just learned that Danny will be starting to read the books as well).

By the way, love the choice of Keyser Soze.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #47
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
I've thought about this for a while, and I just decided to go with the first thing that popped into my head. So I'll play Vice Admiral Horatio Viscount Nelson, of the British Navy. Can't be Lord Nelson, since the lordship was awarded posthumously and I'd rather not play re-animated Admiral Nelson.

Come on! A zombie Nelson would rock!
Old 06-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #48
Tyrith
College Starter

Much less fun to roleplay when half your posts have to be random moaning and growling noises. :P If I was someone else in the game I'd shoot me just to get me to shut up.

I also feel like the Muppets should have a hidden dark side of some sort. Muppets with assault rifles, or something like that. This game has so much twisted potential.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:54 PM   #49
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Aye, I'd be pretty scared of evil muppets.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #50
Tyrith
College Starter

WWCXXV: Muppets from HELL