Head Coach

Night deadline is 10pm EST
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #452
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
i thought the whole looking to see who is online was kind of a meta-gamey and we, as a community, had that discussion awhile back.

I agree. Never liked that.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #453
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Crap.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #454
bhlloy
Coordinator

Well crap. Why the hell didn't he reveal, there were plenty of people to move with 5 mins left
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #455
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Good luck people. I've officially been initiated.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #456
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Great. Let's lynch a guy just because he is not around at deadline and we would rather play with Danny and CF, because they are cool.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #457
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Wow.... That's great
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #458
bhlloy
Coordinator

Except he was around and didn't reveal while clearly in the lead

Sorry Julio, but I don't understand
Old 06-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #459
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, Julio. That's a crappy way for us to start.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #460
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Great. Let's lynch a guy just because he is not around at deadline and we would rather play with Danny and CF, because they are cool.

He was around.... And he had plenty of time to reveal and if three people would have moved he'd been saved
Old 06-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #461
Danny
Head Coach

Nothing wrong with the way things went down, just some bad luck
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #462
Danny
Head Coach

Julio was fine to not reveal there is no bg, like i said, nobody misplayed this, jusy bad luck thougu conaiderimg there are 7 roles we had a 35% chance of hitting one
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #463
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I guess we forgot to teach him what a reveal is.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #464
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I can understand not wanting to reveal and sign a death warrant for yourself the next night (likely), though we would've been better off lynching an unknown.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #465
Zinto
College Starter

I am not sure what you would have wanted me to do there GE? Vote for myself, vote for Danny who is a great villager, or vote for CF someone who I refuse to vote for on day one since there was a streak of four or five games that we were consistently getting voted on and voted out on day one.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #466
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

Actually I'm often a candidate so I don't accuse anyone of thinking I'm cool.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #467
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Actually I'm often a candidate so I don't accuse anyone of thinking I'm cool.

I certainly don't think CrimsonFox is cool, for what it's worth.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #468
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I am not sure what you would have wanted me to do there GE? Vote for myself, vote for Danny who is a great villager, or vote for CF someone who I refuse to vote for on day one since there was a streak of four or five games that we were consistently getting voted on and voted out on day one.

Why is Danny a great villager? Are you talking about past games?
Old 06-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #469
Zinto
College Starter

Yes I am talking about past games.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #470
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Julio was fine to not reveal there is no bg, like i said, nobody misplayed this, jusy bad luck thougu conaiderimg there are 7 roles we had a 35% chance of hitting one

[nitpick]30%, no Mummy Hunter yet[/nitpick]
Old 06-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #471
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

This is why you don't lynch people that won't be around at deadline day 1 unless they already know they're getting votes. Even if they were then around at the deadline... It's still a recipe for disaster either way.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #472
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

If there's a silver lining to this, our remaining doctor will be getting double the information for the time being.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #473
The Jackal
Coordinator

Needless to say, vote analysis in this game is going to be very tough.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #474
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

You picked the candidate who was not around at deadline because you knew it would be easy for him not to defend himself. I know you voted/unvoted yada yada. You knew CF was on and his vote is so easily influenced that you knew it would be a +1 on Julio.

All of this looking to see who is online and not voting for someone because we voted them out on day 1 last game is meta-gaming and I am not a fan of it.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #475
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
All of this looking to see who is online and not voting for someone because we voted them out on day 1 last game is meta-gaming and I am not a fan of it.

I mostly agree with this statement.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #476
The Jackal
Coordinator

Granted, we can't give people constant immunity when they say they aren't going to be around at deadline, but we have lives and the risk of losing a roled player is real.

Narcizo is a different story. Its hard to justify voting him because if he's really important he won't be around to defend it, and he shouldn't be revealing early, but yeah.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #477
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I agree with the first part but not the second. I would never vote someone who was lynched D1 the previous game.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #478
Autumn
Head Coach

You all of you try to stay up at night, and stay together. No one wants to be alone, yet no one wants to be with anyone else either. And no one wants to fall asleep, keeping a paranoid eye on everyone else in the room as you each fight off inevitable sleep.

You each nod off, time and again. Were those cries you heard, or simply the beginning of a dream? Is he sweating? Why is he staring at you? Why is he not looking at you?

It is not a restful sleep, but dawn eventually comes.

Day Two has begun.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #479
bhlloy
Coordinator

no NK? OK then...
Old 06-04-2012, 09:18 PM   #480
bhlloy
Coordinator

I guess from re-reading the rules there were no infected, so nobody could do a NK night one?
Old 06-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #481
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I guess from re-reading the rules there were no infected, so nobody could do a NK night one?

That's how I read it. Night kills start day two
Old 06-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #482
bhlloy
Coordinator

Alright, from reading the rules this seems like a no-brainer, as there were only 3 evils in the game at the time and I'm not risking an unlucky NK tomorrow night. I'd like to hang on another couple days, but I think taking out 1 of 3 is pretty damn good given that in the future information could change.

I am Professor Liechting and last night I scanned CR and he came up evil. So there you go... he's either the mummy or one of the transformed, according to my interpretation of the rules.

I did get a night 0 scan of a player, and obviously that player showed up good. I'm not 100% sure if I want to reveal that though, as that player would be an obvious target for a bite and it might just mess with the villagers heads to have that hanging over him for the rest of the game. Thoughts?

With a bit of luck the transformed might have bitten a player who can't be infected and there won't be a NK tonight either. Otherwise I'm fine with going down having taken out 1 of the 3 people who count against the village to start.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #483
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
No lynch is interesting. If I'm reading the rules right, there's no N1 kill, since only Infected can make kills? That leads me to feel like no lynch might be a good option, though I have no specific reason.

On the other hand, I think a big reason for a lynch is that the Transformed don't know who the Mummy is, so they won't be working to maneuver the vote to defend him. Right?

Hmm. Wait. Rules say the Mummy can only be lynched if 1 or 0 Transformed are in the game. Autumn -- what happens if the Mummy gets the most votes and both Transformed are in the game, then?

Of course, CrimsonFox thinks that's just a rule I made up or something.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #484
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Alright, from reading the rules this seems like a no-brainer, as there were only 3 evils in the game at the time and I'm not risking an unlucky NK tomorrow night. I'd like to hang on another couple days, but I think taking out 1 of 3 is pretty damn good given that in the future information could change.

I am Professor Liechting and last night I scanned CR and he came up evil. So there you go... he's either the mummy or one of the transformed, according to my interpretation of the rules.

I did get a night 0 scan of a player, and obviously that player showed up good. I'm not 100% sure if I want to reveal that though, as that player would be an obvious target for a bite and it might just mess with the villagers heads to have that hanging over him for the rest of the game. Thoughts?

With a bit of luck the transformed might have bitten a player who can't be infected and there won't be a NK tonight either. Otherwise I'm fine with going down having taken out 1 of the 3 people who count against the village to start.

Very nice bhlloy! You could reveal the person who came up as good just so they do not get lynched today and they would be a good target for a cure tomorrow
Old 06-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #485
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I think the reveal if you have one is a good call, bhlloy, in this game. You might become Infected now, but you might not.

I think the N0 scan is irrelevant at this point, with two infections having happened since then.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #486
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Anyway, I'm on board:

VOTE CHIEF RUM
Old 06-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #487
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
I think the reveal if you have one is a good call, bhlloy, in this game. You might become Infected now, but you might not.

I think the N0 scan is irrelevant at this point, with two infections having happened since then.

I am fairly certain only one infection has happened since then right. they do not get two conversions each night.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #488
bhlloy
Coordinator

I could do that, or I could just let the game take it's natural course. I'm debating whether it's better to know someone was good to start but know that the wolves could be messing with that person and to constantly have the village wonder about them. Obviously a very unique ruleset, I'd never consider this normally.

One thing it would help with is for the mummy hunter, as somebody who started good cannot be the mummy. So that's a small thing in favor of revealing them.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #489
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Nice start for a day 2!

Vote Chief Rum
Old 06-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #490
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
I am fairly certain only one infection has happened since then right. they do not get two conversions each night.

That's how I read it too.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #491
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:

I agree. That person just becomes a target and probably gets voted out whether they are infected or not. With stuff changing so often I'm not sure it has that much value.

I can't become infected btw, if I'm reading the rules right. So I would expect to die tonight. It is possible that nobody was infected today of course. The wolves have to earn NK rights in this game.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #492
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Right, I was even corrected on that earlier today. Thanks. Hmm. Maybe it does have some value revealing that name, but its value will be gone after D2 is over, and do we really even care who is good on D2 since this is likely a runaway?
Old 06-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #493
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

bhlloy, don't reveal the N0 info until one minute after the night (not day) deadline.

Nice work!

Vote Chief Rum
Old 06-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #494
bhlloy
Coordinator

And yeah, Zinto and Kimbo are right. From my understanding the transformed get one vote. So if they hit a doctor or a professor, they still don't have NK ability yet. Not a bad shot for us to hope for.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #495
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Very happy with that. Good job B!
Old 06-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #496
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I could do that, or I could just let the game take it's natural course. I'm debating whether it's better to know someone was good to start but know that the wolves could be messing with that person and to constantly have the village wonder about them. Obviously a very unique ruleset, I'd never consider this normally.

One thing it would help with is for the mummy hunter, as somebody who started good cannot be the mummy. So that's a small thing in favor of revealing them.

Oh, that's a good point. Apparently I keep changing my mind with every post, so I'll hang back instead of flying with the wind here.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #497
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

vote chief Rum
Old 06-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #498
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

vote Chief Rum

Seems like a slam dunk but that itself can be troublesome as nothing is ever that easy on day two, is it?

Was going to look at voting a Julio voter. Not sure if Chief is on that list.

Sorry that I missed the deadlines but I was exhausted (very little sleep last night, damn insomnia) and fell asleep. There seemed to be a lot of changing after I laid down.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #499
bhlloy
Coordinator

I actually feel sorry for CR. To get hit by a random night one scan really sucks.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #500
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Vote chief rum

Guess we can't vote night fall??