Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #251
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
If the slaves get spawnified they most likely die, which I guess is a better result than having a conversion. So the slave master could lead 4 slaves to get water. It doesn't really make sense to send a scientist with a slave team I don't think, as you can't have odd amounts of slaves.

According to the rules, there is a 75% chance they die
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #252
Autumn
Head Coach

So we could have Chubby, Schmidty and three slaves go fetch water.

Hoops and Crimson work on converting.

Darth leads a team of slaves on converting.

Simbo leads a team of Zinto, Shiggles, Mauboy and ? on converting.

?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #253
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Chief, my thought is that we will go collect water tomorrow. I'm assuming, but perhaps wrongly so, that if we get water damage tonight, but collect water tomorrow, we'll be okay.

If we wait and go tomorrow we can collect more water per AP is my hope.

Based on past games, not a great assumption. Amount of water found is pretty variable, and there is the potential for the spawn to sabotage a mission. If they have us at a point where we die of thirst, it is probably worth their while to do so.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #254
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

We gotsta gets the wawas.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #255
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I'd be more inclined to send a mission for water tonight.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #256
Autumn
Head Coach

What do you mean tonight? Missions can only be at day.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #257
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I'm thinking today is a free go get water day, with no pressure.

If there is a successful attack on the water module tonight, we will have two days to get enough water for all of us, which will be 15 at the end of the lynch on Day Three. We will need to use man cycles to repair the water module AND also send an away team out for more water, meaning less ability to do any work on anything that gets us off the planet. We also don't have any idea what kind of water levels such a team brings back. What if it's a small amount? And these missions, assuming the Spawn have some ability to target them or sabotage their efforts, will be under sharp attack, because it would be an easy victory for the Spawn if we all start to die off from dehydration.

If we send out a team today, we protect ourselves from having to find out about these things while under pressure, and we build a reserve so that we don't have to be desperate tomorrow. Having a reserve, in fact, might dissuade the Spawn from even making the water module a target.

Welcome to the first spot on my "managing risk well, inclined to trust him now" list. No D1 vote for you.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #258
Autumn
Head Coach

The question is then whether it's better to have slaves fetch water, or convert. They only do half the work, but are less a problem if they get Spawnified. If they get supervised by an engineer they can contribute 3 cycles of work, versus the 4 cycles regular workers could do. If they go on a mission they will only contribute 2 cycles of work, versu the four. And actually if Chubby supervises them converting he can have four more so we could get 5 cycles out of them. So I think it's better to have them comvert if we're willing to risk the away teams getting turned into baddies.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #259
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
What do you mean tonight? Missions can only be at day.

I misspoke - I meant today
Old 06-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #260
hoopsguy
General Manager

We probably want scientists on missions, as they improve chances of success. That modifier is unknown, but we are giving away an edge if we don't have them on the away missions.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #261
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I think the last things we should convert would be warehouse 4 and 5 and the stuff in building D.

The slave pens can be converted as needed when we lose slaves.

Once we convert a building, the power station supplying that building seems like a logical next step, or converting them at the same time also seems logical.

FUCK EA
Old 06-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #262
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'm also of the belief that sending slaves to get water (at least for now) is a solid idea, because we need to maintain the facilities we have the best we can while we have the people available to do so. I'm concerned that putting more members of the crew at risk than necessary isn't a good idea until we get further into the game.

I'm thinking the more we maintain things, the less fixing we'll have to do, which will allow us to continue moving forward instead of spinning tires.

FUCK EA
Old 06-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #263
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

If saldana is going to investigate me anyway, then I think it also makes sense for me to lead the exhibition to get water (since we seem to be leaning this way), which frees up Autumn, LSG, and Packer to perform their role functions and gives us a scan of an away team member to make sure they didn't get converted. I guess that might depend on the timing of when the scan happens though, otherwise maybe Zinto should lead it since he's the officer we can most afford to be converted (sorry Ensign).
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #264
Autumn
Head Coach

Okay so I'd now suggest a real water mission, with one of the officers, a scientist, and three volunteers. Have Chubby and an Engineer lead one slave conversion crew, another Engineer lead a regular crew, and the Chief and other engineer work together.

Is it more useful to have LSG reassigning a miner or leading a mission? I can lead one, or I can plan two missions for tomorrow.

JAG could fill in as a conversion worker if we need one with one of his AP. Zinto, Britrock?, Shiggles, Mauboy. It seems like we should probably skip the assignation and have Julio do conversion or mission work. Although we could fill in with slaves on the conversion crew too.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #265
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh right, Zinto can lead a mission too.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:07 PM   #266
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

We have enough slaves that we could do an away team of Zinto/JAG (1 of them), Schmidty, and three slaves, with enough slaves leftover for the engineer/Chubby team of slave converters to minimize crew chances for infection on the away team.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #267
Autumn
Head Coach

I think it's better to have Zinto or LSG run the team. Even if we hae a good scan of JAG, there's no reason to risk having him get infected. Not only is he an important role but he's going to be good at it (and certainly better than me), so let's not risk him.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #268
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh and I see that LSG's assigning doesn't take effect until the next day, so a galley master wouldn't be able to protect the water tonight.

Also, three miners would be optimal for a mining mission tomorrow, so maybe we don't want to assign any?
Old 06-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #269
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'm leaning towards no vote today, by the way.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #270
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So it sounds like from BK's response that dehydration would set in right away in the morning if the water plant was attacked tonight. So that makes me think you're right, chief, about needing a reserve right away. As i've said, I'd prefer to do less away missions and produce less chances for spawning, but what can you do.

So we don't have a ton of free people, so I'd suggest that we convert with slaves mostly, and take the few free people on the water mission. Or I suppose we could do it the other way and send hte slaves to get water.

I'm down with whatever you guys think is best. I would point out that I don't think the above scenario is the only one where we'd lose the water plant fwiw
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #271
Zinto
College Starter

I agree that LSG or I should lead the team instead of Jag. There is no reason to risk a conversion of our captain on day one regardless of him being scanned when we have enough people to carry out tasks without him.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #272
Zinto
College Starter

Has everyone checked in yet? I do not think everyone has.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #273
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
If saldana is going to investigate me anyway, then I think it also makes sense for me to lead the exhibition to get water (since we seem to be leaning this way), which frees up Autumn, LSG, and Packer to perform their role functions and gives us a scan of an away team member to make sure they didn't get converted. I guess that might depend on the timing of when the scan happens though, otherwise maybe Zinto should lead it since he's the officer we can most afford to be converted (sorry Ensign).

Depends on order - he should ID you afterwards if you are going on mission, not before.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #274
Autumn
Head Coach

Doesn't seem like it, Zinto.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #275
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I'm down with whatever you guys think is best. I would point out that I don't think the above scenario is the only one where we'd lose the water plant fwiw

What are other scenarios? I haven't played Spawn before, I'm assuming the bad guys can attack locations at night. Are there other ways they can destroy buildings? Or are their other events as well?
Old 06-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #276
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I'd be up for leading an away mission if needed.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #277
Autumn
Head Coach

We should settle on the Away crew soon so the officer can get the order in. I'm for JAG making final decisions like this so we're funneling important stuff through a soon-to-be vetted source.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:40 PM   #278
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
What are other scenarios? I haven't played Spawn before, I'm assuming the bad guys can attack locations at night. Are there other ways they can destroy buildings? Or are their other events as well?

I was referring to directly attacking the water supply, my reading is if they go after the power they will knock out our water production as well
Old 06-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #279
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Oh and I see that LSG's assigning doesn't take effect until the next day, so a galley master wouldn't be able to protect the water tonight.

Also, three miners would be optimal for a mining mission tomorrow, so maybe we don't want to assign any?

If we get screwed water-wise, we're really going to want a galley master around to distribute water. That seems like a critical role for us moreso than having a +5% chance (or whatever it is) of the mining mission succeeding. Having a medic (can change wounded to healed and has a small chance of replacing a dead doctor) seems pretty useful as well.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:42 PM   #280
Autumn
Head Coach

My suggestion would be

Water Mission
LoneStarGirl
Schmidty
Zinto
2 slaves

Conversion Team
Chubby
CrimsonFox
10 slaves

Conversion Team
Hoopsguy
Darth Vilus

Conversion Team
Simbo Klice
Zinto
Mauboy
Shiggles
Julio Riddols

I'm ignoring all Security guys though I haven't read their roles closely enough to know if that makes sense or not.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #281
Autumn
Head Coach

But JAG if you want to do the assigned let's say

Water Mission
Zinto
Schmidty
3 slaves

Conversion Team
Chubby
CrimsonFox
10 slaves

Conversion Team
Hoopsguy
Darth Vilus

Conversion Team
Simbo Klice
Zinto
Mauboy
Shiggles
JAG?
Old 06-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #282
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Security Chief PackerFanatic, I would humbly recommend you advise Sergeant-at-Arms Danny to distribute phasers to all security personell (and only security personnell--outside of officers' needs of course).

Just thought I would bring this up again, in case it needs to be discussed.

Obviously, there is no certainty we wouldn't be giving a phaser to a Spawned member, as there are five security personnel, and that's a large group that could have a Spawn. But in doing our jobs of protecting, it would seem to be a key addition.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #283
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh actually Julio can still act today if he's assigned, right? So put him back in.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #284
Autumn
Head Coach

JAG, you should probably save your action points so that you can put in orders for any people that don't show up.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #285
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

You have Zinto in two places. Ok, the away team we need to formalize fairly quickly and I say it should be:

Zinto
Schmidty
3 slaves

Please get your orders in. If Schmidty hasn't popped in to PM BK to go on the away mission by 5:30 EST, that will be one of my orders today.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #286
Autumn
Head Coach

I think that would give us 15 cycles of conversion work done.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #287
Autumn
Head Coach

Water Mission
Zinto - Commanding Officer
Schmidty - Scientist
3 slaves

Conversion Team
Chubby - Supervisor
CrimsonFox - Supervisor
10 slaves

Conversion Team
Hoopsguy
Darth Vilus

Conversion Team
Simbo Klice - Supervisor
Mauboy
Shiggles
Julio Riddols
Slave?
Old 06-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #288
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Just thought I would bring this up again, in case it needs to be discussed.

Obviously, there is no certainty we wouldn't be giving a phaser to a Spawned member, as there are five security personnel, and that's a large group that could have a Spawn. But in doing our jobs of protecting, it would seem to be a key addition.

Sorry, CR - I had seen this and wasn't ignoring it. I wanted to give Danny a chance to check-in before giving him work.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #289
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
You have Zinto in two places. Ok, the away team we need to formalize fairly quickly and I say it should be:

Zinto
Schmidty
3 slaves

Please get your orders in. If Schmidty hasn't popped in to PM BK to go on the away mission by 5:30 EST, that will be one of my orders today.
People assigned to away teams must go. They do not need to do anything.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 06-18-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #290
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:

Zinto
Schmidty
3 slaves

Aye aye Captain
Old 06-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #291
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

fully convert warehouse 1 and 2 i'm assuming?
Old 06-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #292
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
People assigned to away teams must go. They do not need to do anything.

But Zinto has to assign them, is that correct?
Old 06-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #293
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm guessing it's probably better to plan a mission than to give an order to a missing worker, so I will probably send in my PM soon to do that, before I head out for dinner.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #294
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
A crew member, if asked, must go on away team if they have the action points to do so.

Ok, so I take that to mean Zinto has to PM BK and tell him he's making an away team and taking Schmidty and three slaves with him.

Sorry BK, we'll figure this out at some point.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #295
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
But Zinto has to assign them, is that correct?
That is correct. Zinto should send me a PM with his team.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #296
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Conversion Team
Simbo Klice - Supervisor
Mauboy
Shiggles
Julio Riddols
Slave?

We can't do one slave for converter work, has to be an even number.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #297
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Ok, so I take that to mean Zinto has to PM BK and tell him he's making an away team and taking Schmidty and three slaves with him.

Sorry BK, we'll figure this out at some point.
No worries, the rules are a bit unclear on this point. I expect to answer lots of questions early on anyway
Old 06-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #298
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

So the word 'conversion' is being used BOTH as a term for the group (Change a building into something else) AND for the spawn? (Change someone into a spawn)

Can we please choose a different word for one or the other?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #299
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

We should construct a plan including security personell for being used for converting as well, since with the fence perimeter will certainly hold up through the rest of this day.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #300
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh good, I just read the Security Chief role and realized he can give orders to the security personnel. That solves the problem of organizing protection schemes. I like it.

I'm not sure what to do about that final slot. I guess just leave it empty or have JAG fill it if he ends up having an action point.