Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #2501
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
SER GREGOR CLEGANE'S OPENING PM (JulioRiddols)

You are Ser Gregor Clegane, also known as The Mountain That Rides, or The Mountain for short, and you are the head of House Clegane. You are a bannerman to King Joffrey Baratheon of the House Lannister. You may post in the House Lannister thread.

Your win condition is to be one of the remaining three bannermen alive at the end of the game, regardless of who the reigning King is.

Your family home is Clegane’s Keep. As this is a family home, no King can remove this land from you.

As Lord of the Clegane’s Keep, you receive 540 gold, 45 men and 1 ships every 3 days, after your 10% tithing to King Joffrey Baratheon.

You begin the game with 5000 gold, 2000 men and no ships under your direct control.

Please review those abilities available to you in Post #6.

You do not have PM rights with your fellow faction members or anyone else in the game, except as set out in the PM section of the rules in Post #6. All members of House Lannister may post in the House Lannister thread.

Special Restriction: If you are sent out to capture anyone and you succeed, you will only be able to hold off killing them in captivity if Lord Tywin Lannister agrees with King Joffrey’s decision. If Joffrey orders any other fate for a prisoner under your control than death, and Tywin openly opposes the decision in the thread, you will kill your prisoner. Tywin’s silence on the matter will be considered approval of the King’s decision. If Tywin opposes the killing of the prisoner, regardless of Joffrey’s order, you will deliver the prisoner to Tywin instead.

If Tywin Lannister leaves House Lannister, you will receive PM rights with Tywin and will work to join whatever faction he joins. You will not willingly kill Tywin Lannister.

Special Ability: If you are sent raiding, you are twice as likely to succeed as other raiders, because of your ruthless brutality. Because of your prowess as a fighter, you also give your side a bonus in any war you are in.

WIN CONDITION NOT MET

GM Comment: JulioRiddols didn't really get a chance to shine with this role, as he was voted out first, then captured and then executed. Which is a shame, because I think there was a lot of opportunity for the Mountain to be evil if he had survived in some form, especially connected to Tywin Lannister. For a role that was in the game for such a short time, it turned out to be pretty important. I wonder how this game would have turned out if Autumn didn't chop off JulioRiddols head on Day Two?

I was so excited to play Gregor, but then I realized that I would be seen as an immediate threat due to his rep in the books.. After that I had hoped to continue helping the Lannister cause by pretending to be loyal to Renly while relaying coded messages to Joffrey in the main thread regarding his intentions. However, I also had the option to sit back and possibly lie to Joffrey regarding Renly by throwing up false flags.. But I never got to that point, unfortunately. I was the least interested in Stannis being king from the beginning because Autumn did an excellent job making him a stern, unlikable guy.. He and Gregor were like oil and water in my mind.. So once Stannis captured me I hoped for some form of reprieve, but instead I think my lack of words for my captor resulted in the loss of my head.

I didn't want to come back as Theon initially, because I had spent a few days following the game by bouncing from thread to thread, but it turned out I didn't know anything significant because things changed so much day to day and a lot was left behind the scenes. It would have been nice to make something of my chances as Theon, but he didn't seem to curry much favor in the game either, after he left Robb like he did. I intended to be totally loyal to Robb to try and keep myself alive, but that ended up not making a difference when pretty much everyone voted Theon right away.

Ultimately I had a good time, but I do think voting in this type of game needs to be re-thought or changed in some way. There was really no way Gregor was going to avoid being voted an enemy of the realm and it was like that for other characters too.. Maybe imprisonment and hostage taking could take a larger role with added opportunities for behind the scenes treachery of varying kinds.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #2502
Autumn
Head Coach

I had pretty much decided to execute Gregor, Julio, no matter what. Not because it was Gregor, but just because I thought that was the best strategy was to prevent anyone from jumping ahead of the others at that point. So unfortunately you got unlucky that we found you.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote