Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-28-2011, 07:38 AM   #1101
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, those are some of the lessons you learn as you play a couple of games.

Most of the time, regardless of what side you are on, you aren't going to last the game. So you just try to maximize your value in the time you are allotted. As Dubb mentions, getting lynched as a villager while holding info that could prevent you being lynched, isn't usually the optimal move.

Revealing that info 5-15 minutes before the deadline usually makes you look guilty, like you are trying a last-minute desperate trick to get votes off of you. If you have info to reveal, you should try to give people enough time to really react to it, ask you questions, etc. That isn't a hard-and-fast rule, but I think it is considered a good practice as a villager.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:30 AM   #1102
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
Great game CF, really enjoyed it for my first game. As for my not disclosing earlier, I was hoping to convince without revealing since that was the best way for my long term survival. I knew once I revealed I would probably be dead within two nights and we probably would have just killed another villager in my place. Was just a bad situation.

If it makes you feel better, I believed your reveal!

Knowing the roles now, if you'd have revealed earlier, the wolves would have probably been screwed w/ Dubb (the bodyguard) in the room. I think I'd have likely gone for a nightkill on you hoping the BG wasn't in the room to read your role in time to protect you that night.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:39 AM   #1103
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
The take my ball and go home werewolf logo is terrible for the village and always has been.

Look at it this way. The difference in this game was one villager at the end. Had you full revealed in time you would have saved yourself, had a shot at a wolf getting lynched(or if not, atleast you know it wasn't 100% going to be a wolf). You also could have pushed each wolf lynch forward a day.

Plus in the bigger picture you enter the COT. The COT is what wins games. It also forces the wolves night kills in a way that may keep more important roles alive. You also may draw a NK attempt in a situation where it is extremely likely you will be protected thus negating a wolf night kill. Never accept death as a villager. You are only contributing to the loss at that point.

Number one, I don't see any reason to be so harsh on someone who's playing his first game of Werewolf ever.

Number two, we didn't know the rules in this game. I for one didn't expect there was a bodyguard at all. Now knowing the rules we see a better play, but no one had any idea how the game worked.

Number three, plenty of people would have and have made the same play as Commo. Harvey Dent got lynched in my Batman game not long ago, and that's certainly not the only case of lynching a roled villager who doesn't reveal.

By which I mean, please don't fret it Commo. I was really glad to see you playing and you did a great job. I hope you sign up again.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:41 AM   #1104
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

pssst, he just did.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:45 AM   #1105
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
pssst, he just did.

We're not all omniscient, CF. I bet you have a tab open and visible for every thread in the WW forum.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #1106
The Jackal
Coordinator

Yeah commo I hope our reactions around deadline didn't put you off. Just as people who have played lots of games we tend to get annoyed if people wait until last minute to reveal a role, it usually never works out for the best. That's why you play, to figure out how best to play different roles!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:10 AM   #1107
Autumn
Head Coach

But conversely it's a bummer when someone has to reveal hours before deadline and probably could have squeaked by, or have the vote turn dramatically later. It's always a gamble either way.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:35 AM   #1108
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Yeah commo I hope our reactions around deadline didn't put you off. Just as people who have played lots of games we tend to get annoyed if people wait until last minute to reveal a role, it usually never works out for the best. That's why you play, to figure out how best to play different roles!

Just quoting, one, but really a response to all. I fully intend to keep playing as I enjoy this type of game. Just replied earlier so people know why I revealed so late. Ideally the ball wouldn't have got rolling so fast on me at a busy time of my day and towards the end of our voting day. Looking back I should have revealed right when I got home because there was just too much persuading to do without the reveal and not enough time. I think if we had moved the lynch and I didn't end up NK'd we would have had a decent shot at lynching Mauboy the next day because he was not saying anything about the book and leading everyone to believe it was still in the cellar with Autumn.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:02 AM   #1109
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Number three, plenty of people would have and have made the same play as Commo. Harvey Dent got lynched in my Batman game not long ago, and that's certainly not the only case of lynching a roled villager who doesn't reveal.

By which I mean, please don't fret it Commo. I was really glad to see you playing and you did a great job. I hope you sign up again.

lol... thanks for reminding me.

Seriously though, it is a balancing act and if every roled player revealed as soon as they got a couple votes it would be just as fatal for the village. But yeah, I'm never going to leave it as late as I did in that game ever again
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #1110
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Well Autumn, I didn't think I was being an ass, just helpful. I didn't have a problem with the play, everyone makes a bad play. My issue was with the thought process that he would have died anyway so why bother. I'm just not the type that can read that and not respond. Like I said I thought I was being helpful.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #1111
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
Just quoting, one, but really a response to all. I fully intend to keep playing as I enjoy this type of game. Just replied earlier so people know why I revealed so late. Ideally the ball wouldn't have got rolling so fast on me at a busy time of my day and towards the end of our voting day. Looking back I should have revealed right when I got home because there was just too much persuading to do without the reveal and not enough time. I think if we had moved the lynch and I didn't end up NK'd we would have had a decent shot at lynching Mauboy the next day because he was not saying anything about the book and leading everyone to believe it was still in the cellar with Autumn.

Well I don't know about that. Once Autumn and mauboy went into the cellar, their names never came up once. I never ever understood that. They went straight for mckerney who had actually done a LOT of good for the village. Out of sight out of mind it seems.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:27 PM   #1112
dzilla77
High School Varsity

CF - I had a really hard time keeping track of who was alive and who was where, which made it very difficult to figure out who was bad. I know that was part of the game, but it really made it difficult to play. Couple that with the fact that two of the better players (Danny and Narc) were eliminated very early, and it was tough.

That said, I thought the game was very well thought out.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:35 PM   #1113
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Well true, that's why wolves always eliminate very talkative people that do analysis as quickly as possible. That's why it's vital for as many people as possible to be talking a lot and analyzing and providing information so the wolves don't kill the same people every time.

As for the separation yes that was really interesting. But Autumn and Danny REALLY did a brilliant job keeping track of that.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:59 AM   #1114
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Why does the skull have eyes. That's silly.

see what happens when you make fun of the skull's eyes, Narcizo? You die first!
Old 09-29-2011, 09:39 AM   #1115
The Jackal
Coordinator

I didn't even realize Narcizo was in this game!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:50 PM   #1116
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Exactly. He came out of the study and was yanked up through the fireplace almost immediately.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:17 AM   #1117
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Entertaining as hell to read this through in one sitting from start to finish. Better than TV most nights.

And for whatever weird ass reason, I've read only this thread, haven't even left this thread since I started reading it however long ago it was (multi-tasking something else on my son's laptop while bouncing through this).
Old 09-30-2011, 12:31 AM   #1118
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

heh nice. yes an entertaining lot for sure. many regulars who weren't playing told me it was very hard to follow all the threads but maybe they should have taken your approach and just read one Just wait til you read the Woods or the Study or the Road to get other "stories"
Old 09-30-2011, 12:48 AM   #1119
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
heh nice. yes an entertaining lot for sure. many regulars who weren't playing told me it was very hard to follow all the threads but maybe they should have taken your approach and just read one Just wait til you read the Woods or the Study or the Road to get other "stories"

It's not a WW game, it's a p.o.v. miniseries

I think for a non-player, reading a single thread straight through would be the only way to fly. It turns the game into a entertaining whodunit & you can guess along, anticipate, be confused or just go along for the ride as the situation warrants.

I think the uncertainty of Danny's condition was probably my single favorite mystery of the whole thread. I thought the treatment of the hand was easily the most successful ED element, although the uncertainty of its motivation/abilities added a WW element that kept it fresh. As an uneducated observer I found myself questioning the items/movement sequence throughout, so it was good to see that discussed in the post-mortem & know that I was probably right to think that might have been a little bit off somehow.

Another night I'm going to have to work my way through another thread from the series, cheap entertainment FTW
Old 09-30-2011, 12:57 AM   #1120
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

thanks

and yeah I came to the realization midway thru that this was not werewolf but something else. Just had some werewolf bits in it
Old 09-30-2011, 08:37 AM   #1121
Autumn
Head Coach

Crimson Fox's games make particularly good reading because of his great write-ups. Glad to see you reading along, JiMGA. You're right, it's great free entertainment.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #1122
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

JiMGA. I love that. It's like Jenga but different.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #1123
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

do you remember where you were when ntn's head flew out the window and rolled away?

Mhuhuhuhuhuhuhhahahahahahahaha!

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 10-26-2012 at 02:13 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:15 AM   #1124
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'll play.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #1125
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Me too
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:12 AM   #1126
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

or when Autumn got carried by the fog?

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 10-29-2012 at 06:17 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:54 AM   #1127
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Or the brambles and trees tried to swallow up Zinto?

Old 10-30-2012, 03:29 AM   #1128
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

or Danny ate DV's legs? Remember?
Old 11-05-2012, 06:36 AM   #1129
The Jackal
Coordinator

I finally watched evil dead for the first time, that movie is pretty bizarre.