Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-08-2019, 08:34 PM   #19151
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Seriously, fuck 2019. This all was November...

- Had to put a cat down.
- Cool neighbor died to cancer.
- Aforementioned godfather's death.

Annnnd the hits just keep on coming in December. Wife's sister just got sent home from the hospital with the dreaded "nothing more we can do for her" (also cancer). We were just there over thanksgiving, she looked rough, but apparently just spiraled downward right after we left town. Wife's gonna have to take an emergency flight back to Chicago to say her goodbyes.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 10:38 PM   #19152
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Seriously, fuck 2019. This all was November...

- Had to put a cat down.
- Cool neighbor died to cancer.
- Aforementioned godfather's death.

Annnnd the hits just keep on coming in December. Wife's sister just got sent home from the hospital with the dreaded "nothing more we can do for her" (also cancer). We were just there over thanksgiving, she looked rough, but apparently just spiraled downward right after we left town. Wife's gonna have to take an emergency flight back to Chicago to say her goodbyes.

Jesus man, I'm so sorry. Too many young people passing before their time. Horrible.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 10:40 PM   #19153
Warhammer
Pro Starter

+1. My backyard neighbor Paul who I posted about in the cancer thread just had some spots crop up. He was undergoing chemo already so this is not good.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 11:14 PM   #19154
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Jesus man, I'm so sorry. Too many young people passing before their time. Horrible.

Yep. I'm sure it's no consolation to them, but at least her (sister in law) kids are older (2 in college, 1 in high school), so they've been at least able to process and semi-prepare for the inevitable.

The one that ultra sucks is the neighbor. Great guy, AF officer, been battling prostate cancer for a long time. His kids are in 2nd grade and kindergarten.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:41 AM   #19155
JediKooter
Coordinator

Damn man, sorry to hear that CW.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 01:46 PM   #19156
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

If my wife doesn't wrap up these household "projects" with this fry-brained carpenter she found pdq a lot of betting pools are gonna be wrong.

It's not gonna be fast-food adventures that land me in prison, it's gonna be this moron that's too addled to use a fucking doorknob properly.

Bastard must have been raised in a barn is all I can figure.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:00 PM   #19157
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Venting time.

So, yes, the sister in law passed last night. Sucky part one, we couldn't get my wife out a flight in time - she leaves tomorrow. Originally, it was a Thursday - Sunday trip, which, I'm sure you all know how expensive last minute flights are in the first place.

Memorial service is sunday now. Since we have non-refundable, non-change tickets (had to go cheapo on this one, obviously), I had to book a one-way fare with another carrier for Monday. To make matters even more fun, she's heading back home from Midway instead of O'Hare now, instead of O'Hare as planned. That fucked up the car rental, which she's going to have to deal with out there.

I don't even know if it's worth calling American Airlines to tell them she won't be on her sunday return flight. Odds are I'll get someone who doesn't speak english, and who tries to cancel the whole damn trip or something.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:29 PM   #19158
molson
General Manager

Most airlines have bereavement fares for family deaths and even imminent family deaths, and/or they're flexible about change fees and cancellations/refunds. Might be worth calling both airlines and explaining the situation.

Comprehensive Guide to Airline Bereavement Fares

Edit: Looks like American discontinued bereavement fares a some point, but they still waive some change and cancellation fees.

Last edited by molson : 12-11-2019 at 03:30 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 03:35 PM   #19159
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I think that only applies to tickets that are allowed to be changed, from what I've read. Basic economy are literally flagged "You Cannot Change This Ticket". I'm going to call tomorrow and see what I can do, but I don't want to touch this reservation until she's in the air on the trip out, because I don't trust offshore customer support.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 12-11-2019 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:39 PM   #19160
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

First, condolences to your wife and all concerned.

Quote:
I don't even know if it's worth calling American Airlines to tell them she won't be on her sunday return flight. Odds are I'll get someone who doesn't speak english, and who tries to cancel the whole damn trip or something.

I doublechecked with a travel guru friend. Fwiw,she advised definitely NOT calling them until after your wife makes the outbound leg of the trip.
Otherwise they'll have to rebook her as a one-way and possibly jack the price up even more and hit you with a cancellation fee to boot.

Best case is that you tell them the situation AFTER she's flown the first half of the trip and they let you credit the return leg amount for a future purchase, or at least let you retain credit for the difference between the full return price minus a cancellation fee.

edit to add: she strongly emphasized to me that you shouldn't say anything at all to the airline until AFTER she's completed the outbound.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-11-2019 at 03:40 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 03:43 PM   #19161
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Thanks, and yeah, that's exactly my plan.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:27 PM   #19162
cuervo72
Head Coach

1. I want to see Jeff Bridges in the Col. Sanders duds.

2. JLA seems to be featuring Lisa Fletcher more, and I'm kinda digging it.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:51 PM   #19163
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Neal.fun
Old 12-15-2019, 06:20 PM   #19164
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Day four of single parenting. Send help. Sanity gone. Supplies low. Blood pressure near critical mass.
Old 12-15-2019, 09:05 PM   #19165
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Day four of single parenting. Send help. Sanity gone. Supplies low. Blood pressure near critical mass.

My wife is a senior VP of sales for a Warren Buffett company and travels a lot. I used to be a single dad all the time and it was brutal. We decided 3.5 years ago I would quit my job and stay home with the kids, best decision we ever made as a family. She is still gone a lot but not having to cram everything in while working full time makes it far more manageable.
Old 12-16-2019, 10:48 AM   #19166
molson
General Manager

Do people who slow down a morning grocery store line because they can't stop talking on their phone, and thus stumble through simple tasks like getting their wallet out, and then actually pause the transaction to focus on the phone call think they're just more important than everyone else, or is it an issue of obliviousness? Wish I stopped her to do an interview.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:24 AM   #19167
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I'm not sure I'd call it obliviousness as it is being completely self absorbed.
Old 12-18-2019, 07:14 AM   #19168
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

For those who can get behind the Athletic's paywall: Remembering when the FBI got involved in the case of the stolen playbook – The Athletic

This is a case that I knew about growing up as a Saints fan. A disgruntled former Rams QB offered to sell a copy of their playbook to the Saints head coach, who then called the FBI, who set up a whole sting operation.

Then the feds dropped the case when everyone looked around at each other and said "why the fuck is the FBI involved in someone trying to sell a year-old playbook?"
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 10:23 PM   #19169
PilotMan
Head Coach

Knocked Up is a comedy powerhouse and is filled non stop with at least a dozen and a half appearances by some of the funniest actors of the last 12 years.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:19 PM   #19170
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Knocked Up is a comedy powerhouse and is filled non stop with at least a dozen and a half appearances by some of the funniest actors of the last 12 years.

Welcome to 2009? Lol

Seriously, though, I agree. It's a hilarious movie.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 05:43 AM   #19171
miami_fan
Coordinator

When did district standardized mid-term exams become a thing in middle school? Are teachers not allowed to make their own mid term exams anymore?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

Last edited by miami_fan : 12-20-2019 at 05:44 AM.
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 11:22 AM   #19172
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Welcome to 2009? Lol

Seriously, though, I agree. It's a hilarious movie.

That was my point. In retrospect it's a 'whos who' of a specific tree of comedy for the last decade plus.

Like Steam?

Old 12-20-2019, 11:45 AM   #19173
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
When did district standardized mid-term exams become a thing in middle school? Are teachers not allowed to make their own mid term exams anymore?

I don't know exactly where you are - and I'm sure it varies widely by location - but here's an article from Tampa that mentions district standard midterms back in 2012
Old 12-20-2019, 12:00 PM   #19174
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That was my point. In retrospect it's a 'whos who' of a specific tree of comedy for the last decade plus.

I don't see him coming out with quite the string of movies anymore but I believe Knocked Up was the first of several top comedies by Judd Apatow. He was the one who was running with that crew a lot.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 12-20-2019, 12:07 PM   #19175
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Speaking of which, I saw Apatow is now involved in some project with Pete Davidson.

Am I the only one doesn't see Davidson as a hot rising star but instead as a bit of a weird and creepy dude?

Old 12-20-2019, 01:02 PM   #19176
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Why not both?
Old 12-20-2019, 01:09 PM   #19177
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Why not both?

Meh. I don't watch SNL much, but I do on occasion and I.often catch a skit or two per week on YT. I don't recall a bit where he's really on fire or just pulls off something crazy hilarious. Perhaps I have missed his good stuff.

But, yea, true, those two roles are not mutually exclusive.

Old 12-21-2019, 09:40 PM   #19178
spleen1015
Coordinator

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst, how bad is this in the context of cheat in sports?

HS basketball game. Cross town rivals. Score is 52-51 with about 50 seconds left. A player on the losing team gets fouled and misses both free throws. After she misses the second, ball is loose, all over the place and said player ends up getting fouled again.

Instead of her stepping to the line to shoot the 1 and 1, the star player does instead. Everyone in the gym knows the wrong player is shooting. Refs confer and they don't change the shooter.

Karma wins in this situation as the star player makes the first, misses the second and the other team makes a contested layup at the buzzer to win 54-52.

Last edited by spleen1015 : 12-21-2019 at 09:41 PM.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 12:03 AM   #19179
PilotMan
Head Coach

Really enjoyed Eddie being back for SNL tonight. Never thought it would happen.

Like Steam?

Old 12-22-2019, 06:26 AM   #19180
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

If you're looking for fun ways to spend the last Saturday before Christmas, I can give you an option to scratch off your list: at the ER with your wife is not a winner.

She took a bad fall with a worse landing ... broken humerus, elbow possibly as well (though last word was "we don't think so".

Amazing the havoc that a misplaced (well, newly placed) Ottoman can create.

I'm now trying to keep myself awake to hit the pharmacy when it opens. Hopefully back before the morphine / dilaudid combo wears off
Old 12-22-2019, 07:20 AM   #19181
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
If you're looking for fun ways to spend the last Saturday before Christmas, I can give you an option to scratch off your list: at the ER with your wife is not a winner.

She took a bad fall with a worse landing ... broken humerus, elbow possibly as well (though last word was "we don't think so".

Amazing the havoc that a misplaced (well, newly placed) Ottoman can create.

I'm now trying to keep myself awake to hit the pharmacy when it opens. Hopefully back before the morphine / dilaudid combo wears off

I'm guessing you're not a fan of the opening to The Dick Van Dyke Show right now are you.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:28 AM   #19182
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I'm guessing you're not a fan of the opening to The Dick Van Dyke Show right now are you.

Lord, I hope that doesn't come on TV while she (eventually) channels surfs.

The TV might be the next thing broken in this house.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:30 AM   #19183
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

On a related note, I sure am glad nobody gets sick or injured on Saturday night and needs a prescription in this town on Sunday morning.

"Open: 8am" really means "the pharmacist will be in at 10a, or 11a" if you live here.
Old 12-22-2019, 04:25 PM   #19184
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

On a side note: How many kids today would get the reference to the Dick Van Dyke show?
Old 12-22-2019, 04:32 PM   #19185
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
On a side note: How many kids today would get the reference to the Dick Van Dyke show?

Few, though I'm proud to say mine would almost certainly get it.

He's got roughly the same relationship to TV shows/pop culture that I have, which is knowing roughly 20-30 years farther back than he "ought to".

Like,I was born in '67 but I'm conversant in stuff from roughly the early 40s onward. He's born in '98 and can handle stuff back to the black & white days.
Old 12-22-2019, 09:40 PM   #19186
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:

Funny you should ask!

LearnedLeague

Quote:
During what television series' opening credits does the main character sometimes pratfall over an ottoman and other times step around it with a satisfied grin?

42% of participants in a trivia league were able to identify the Dick Van Dyke Show. And only 66% of those in the highest levels of said league.

(For comparison, over my ten seasons in the league the league as a whole was .527 on all TV questions; this was just .487 this season. So trivia nerds may not be the best with TV, but they're even worse with 60s TV.)
Old 12-23-2019, 10:28 AM   #19187
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I've got a lot of problems with you people, now you're going to hear about it!
Old 12-23-2019, 12:45 PM   #19188
PilotMan
Head Coach

Happy 51st Ben!

Like Steam?

Old 12-25-2019, 05:52 AM   #19189
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Happy 51st Ben!
Thanks! Sorry for the delay in responding, but with a birthday on 12/23 and two young children around the house, I have little free time in the days leading up to Christmas.
Old 12-25-2019, 05:52 AM   #19190
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I remain a member of my Charleston-area neighborhood's FB group for one reason and one reason only: fireworks. I know that you know this, but for the benefit of other readers, big, massive, powerful mortar fireworks are legal in SC. (I'm not sure that there's anything that you see at a public fireworks show that you can't buy over the counter in South Carolina. We're talking that level of firepower can be sold to and shot off by the public.) On the overnights of July 4-5 and December 31-January 1st, they are legal in the municipality in which I lived until 2am, and I think 10pm is the limit all other nights due to a noise ordinance. The FB group is not just for the 400ish-home subdivision in which we lived, but for the entire development, which contains around 8 subdivisions, some of which are as large as the one we lived in. The development as a whole is middle to upper-middle class and has a ton of...

a. very small children
b. dogs
c. turnover, with many move-ins coming from out of state (four good-sized employers of middle/upper-middle class types are within 15 minutes).

Plus, the development is heavily clear-cut, and of course being so close to the coast, it's extremely flat. Most people in the development can easily see fireworks within a good mile or more radius from their front yard.

As a result of all of that, people who want to see fireworks and live in that development tend to buy their own, stay home, and watch the show. I've never been in a true war zone, but I am not exaggerating when I say that for an hour or so, it sounds like what I imagine a war zone sounds like. Mortars firing off that you can feel in your chest if you're outside, barrages of high-impact firecrackers, rockets, you name it. We lived on a street that was a little under a quarter mile long, and there were usually at least 3-4 gatherings of people shooting off the big stuff on just that little street.

So, as you might imagine, January 1st and July 5th are always popcorn-worthy mornings in that FB group as there are inevitably newcomers (usually with horror stories about their dogs and kids) who are FREAKING OUT that such a thing is allowed, and of course there are also a handful of usual suspects who complain about it every six months, and they're always responded to by a larger group of *other* usual suspects who remind them that "you bitched about this 6 months ago. You knew it was coming and you chose to stay home, didn't board your dog, didn't turn on a fan in your kids' rooms, etc. etc. etc., dummy!" There are always posts in the day or two prior to the holidays warning newcomers which get pointed to as "well, you were warned," and inevitably the response is "yeah, ok, I read that, but I had no idea it would be THAT loud!!! I can't believe you people literally burned up that much money in one night!"

It's a guilty pleasure; I feel a bit juvenile for enjoying it, but I confess that I look forward to it every time those holidays roll around.

Point being, yeah, neighborhood FB groups are, uh, something else.

Merry Christmas morning from my old 'hood!

Dropbox - IMG_6084.jpg - Simplify your life

(Time stamp was 12:27am, in case anyone is wondering.)
Old 12-25-2019, 10:25 AM   #19191
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst, how bad is this in the context of cheat in sports?

HS basketball game. Cross town rivals. Score is 52-51 with about 50 seconds left. A player on the losing team gets fouled and misses both free throws. After she misses the second, ball is loose, all over the place and said player ends up getting fouled again.

Instead of her stepping to the line to shoot the 1 and 1, the star player does instead. Everyone in the gym knows the wrong player is shooting. Refs confer and they don't change the shooter.

Karma wins in this situation as the star player makes the first, misses the second and the other team makes a contested layup at the buzzer to win 54-52.

I don't see it being any worse than the ball coming off of your hand and you point your way as if the ball came off of your opponent. Extra possession and chance to score.

I had never thought of someone doing this and then finally saw it one time in a game 16 years ago and never since. How do I remember so clearly? My son did it but a slightly different situation. We're on offense and a shot goes up, my son was on the left side of the lane and we had a player on the right. Both had gotten inside position for an O-rebound. Player on right side (literally a 40% FT shooter) has guy go over his back, whistle blows. My son stares at his teammate and freezes him, then steps to the line (he shoots 85% FTs). Home game for us, opposing coach going nuts, three refs and none of them correct the call, assume they simply did not know.

Asked him about it after the game, wasn't planned, coach had no idea, he just thought of it and did it in the flow of the game. At one time I would have thought this was "too much" but with all of the coaches that teach "press, reach, hack, the ref won't\can't call everything" this doesn't bother me at all, let the refs sort it out. At least in my son's situation (don't know about your game), his coach didn't teach this.

For coaches that teach the press\hack strategy, is it cheating if you think you only get called X% of the time? Then up the pressure if the refs are "letting them play"? The coach that teaches "press, hack strategy" claims it's not a foul unless the ref calls it. Well then the player at the line is the shooter unless the ref says he\she is not.

Honestly, I wish it wasn't this way but, it is.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 02:31 PM   #19192
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

From Saturday night wife arm break to Friday morning wife arm surgery.

It's been a helluva week.

Prognosis is mostly good (possible that some range of motion loss, but not severe, could occur since the shoulder socket also had a break as it turned out). Surgery went as planned basically, plate & screws.

Now we get to look forward to six months of physical therapy / rehab.
Old 12-27-2019, 02:48 PM   #19193
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post

I don't see it being any worse than the ball coming off of your hand and you point your way as if the ball came off of your opponent. Extra possession and chance to score.

I had never thought of someone doing this and then finally saw it one time in a game 16 years ago and never since. How do I remember so clearly? My son did it but a slightly different situation. We're on offense and a shot goes up, my son was on the left side of the lane and we had a player on the right. Both had gotten inside position for an O-rebound. Player on right side (literally a 40% FT shooter) has guy go over his back, whistle blows. My son stares at his teammate and freezes him, then steps to the line (he shoots 85% FTs). Home game for us, opposing coach going nuts, three refs and none of them correct the call, assume they simply did not know.

Asked him about it after the game, wasn't planned, coach had no idea, he just thought of it and did it in the flow of the game. At one time I would have thought this was "too much" but with all of the coaches that teach "press, reach, hack, the ref won't\can't call everything" this doesn't bother me at all, let the refs sort it out. At least in my son's situation (don't know about your game), his coach didn't teach this.

For coaches that teach the press\hack strategy, is it cheating if you think you only get called X% of the time? Then up the pressure if the refs are "letting them play"? The coach that teaches "press, hack strategy" claims it's not a foul unless the ref calls it. Well then the player at the line is the shooter unless the ref says he\she is not.

Honestly, I wish it wasn't this way but, it is.

I fall in the same category here. There is nothing wrong, especially if it is an ambiguous situation to angle for the better foul shooter going to the line. I put the blame here on the refs, a foul in the first 5 minutes of the game should be a foul in the last 10 seconds of the game. I hate the swallow the whistle and let them play mentality. The only time I don't mind it is if that was the way they were calling it all game (still don't like it, but at least that was the way the game was officiated. It's also one of the reasons I never coached basketball as I would not be able to handle that in a calm situation).
Old 12-27-2019, 05:47 PM   #19194
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
From Saturday night wife arm break to Friday morning wife arm surgery.

It's been a helluva week.

Prognosis is mostly good (possible that some range of motion loss, but not severe, could occur since the shoulder socket also had a break as it turned out). Surgery went as planned basically, plate & screws.

Now we get to look forward to six months of physical therapy / rehab.

Hope she gets well soon.

I'm increasingly dealing with pain from what I think is a bum shoulder, which works its way up through my neck. I'm lazy, so I'm inclined to wait it out rather than see if I need surgery and/or rehab. I don't envy having do deal with that.

----------

As for random thoughts, I was listening to INXS's Devil Inside the other day, and wondered how it might sound covered by Leonard Cohen. (At a slower tempo, of course.)

Last edited by cuervo72 : 12-27-2019 at 05:48 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 03:32 PM   #19195
miami_fan
Coordinator

I thought throwing snowballs was one of those cute "kids being kids" things? Maybe they had batteries in the middle of the snowballs.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/06/us/ki...rnd/index.html
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 03:54 PM   #19196
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I thought throwing snowballs was one of those cute "kids being kids" things? Maybe they had batteries in the middle of the snowballs.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/06/us/ki...rnd/index.html

Not when they're throwing them at cars and causing potential damage, it's not cute. Especially when they're tweens/teenagers and should know better than to pull stupid stuff like that.

That said, no excuse to shoot them, either.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 10:05 PM   #19197
molson
General Manager

Brad Pitt is the most handsome 56-year old man I've ever seen. What the hell is going on with that guy?

And I'm glad Once Upon a Time in Hollywood got so much love at the Golden Globes.

Last edited by molson : 01-06-2020 at 10:05 PM.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:36 AM   #19198
JediKooter
Coordinator

Holy moly! Going on 4 weeks and have had to deal with 3 different colds (at least they felt different to me), never experienced anything like this in my life.

Friday morning (Jan 3) felt totally fine, my right ear finally completely unplugged from previous cold...yay! Eat lunch at around 1:30, by about 2:30, my elbow joints and knees start to hurt, like they've been hit with a bat or something & feeling exhausted. 3:45-ish, I say, "F it" and go home. Get home, take off my shoes, lay down on our bed and I'm out like a light. Wake up around 7 (not really sure exactly) to my wife texting me if she needs to stop and bring home anything. My whole body is just hurting, like car accident hurting. I just want to sleep. Wife gets home probably around 8 I'm guessing, take some of that sweet store bought medicine and then slept some more. Pretty much slept ALL of saturday (except to use the bathroom). Here it is, tuesday, I feel so much freaking better, but, still sick, still have the right ear plugged up, still coughing, still congested. Didn't get to sleep until a bit after midnight last night, got up this morning at 5:30 to go to work.

Is this a product of getting older or something? I've never had colds, one after another, like this in my entire life. I very rarely get the flu. Had bronchitis once back in the 90s, mono when I was in 5th grade, never had the chicken pox and even though I have not been in the greatest of physical health (weight) for several years now, I don't even have high blood pressure. 2020 has not gotten off to a good start for me. Though, on the bright side, I've probably lost a few pounds because I've had almost no appetite, so I got that going for me!

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 01-07-2020, 09:37 AM   #19199
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Brad Pitt is the most handsome 56-year old man I've ever seen. What the hell is going on with that guy?

Agreed! Dude is a handsome son of a b! I can only hope to age as well as he has.

Old 01-07-2020, 10:00 AM   #19200
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Holy moly! Going on 4 weeks and have had to deal with 3 different colds (at least they felt different to me), never experienced anything like this in my life.

Friday morning (Jan 3) felt totally fine, my right ear finally completely unplugged from previous cold...yay! Eat lunch at around 1:30, by about 2:30, my elbow joints and knees start to hurt, like they've been hit with a bat or something & feeling exhausted. 3:45-ish, I say, "F it" and go home. Get home, take off my shoes, lay down on our bed and I'm out like a light. Wake up around 7 (not really sure exactly) to my wife texting me if she needs to stop and bring home anything. My whole body is just hurting, like car accident hurting. I just want to sleep. Wife gets home probably around 8 I'm guessing, take some of that sweet store bought medicine and then slept some more. Pretty much slept ALL of saturday (except to use the bathroom). Here it is, tuesday, I feel so much freaking better, but, still sick, still have the right ear plugged up, still coughing, still congested. Didn't get to sleep until a bit after midnight last night, got up this morning at 5:30 to go to work.

Is this a product of getting older or something? I've never had colds, one after another, like this in my entire life. I very rarely get the flu. Had bronchitis once back in the 90s, mono when I was in 5th grade, never had the chicken pox and even though I have not been in the greatest of physical health (weight) for several years now, I don't even have high blood pressure. 2020 has not gotten off to a good start for me. Though, on the bright side, I've probably lost a few pounds because I've had almost no appetite, so I got that going for me!

Things definitely linger and take longer as you get older. My health has been pretty solid, but joint sprains and knocks take much longer to heal vs. what they did even just a few years ago. Plus, all my old injuries are now pretty good indicators of weather changes, so I guess there is one advantage. I certainly know what people mean when they say it feels like snow or rain better than I did before.