Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-07-2016, 11:14 AM   #301
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Nicely done! I haven't pulled any of the 'great' prizes from the Anniversary vault yet. I'd love to have that 2900 HP or one of the 4* therein. I got a 3500 ISO, which as I'm trying to max Star-Lord, was appreciated. Also a 1000 ISO. Got a couple 3* covers for champions, and a champion cover for 2* Wolverine.

Haven't pulled any of the three HP prizes, three Legendaries, or seven non-Dino 4*, though.

I got a Dino cover today. For now, he is rostered, but if I don't get another cover for him, he might be replaced.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:33 PM   #302
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrella View Post
General Mike, see if there is an opening in T.R.O.U.T. alliance. That is the FOF alliance. I don't know if there is an opening, since it seems like it has been pretty active these days. Sack's advice is always good, although I am in the Magneto/Black Widow camp for DDQ. Magneto's pink feeds BW's blue, which heals everyone and extends the enemy timers. I used Thor as my third, which gives cover for all colors, even though black is just a passive.

I searched alliances for T.R.O.U.T. but nothing showed up.

Also, is it a specific Magneto/ Black Widow combo? I have Marvel Now Magneto and Modern Black Widow, but that BW doesn't have a heal

Edit: Found it, it's super no vacancy.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF

Last edited by General Mike : 10-07-2016 at 12:34 PM.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:20 PM   #303
General Mike
Pro Starter

Who should I be selling? I have a full 20 man roster and I stupidly wasted Hero points i think on buying a 10 pack of Heroes, so I have guys just sitting there waiting to be added.

I'm thinking I can sell my 1* Yelena Belova and my 1* Venom, who both only have 1 extra cover in them, to add a 2* Captain Marvel (have 2 covers) to my team.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:09 PM   #304
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
Damn SackAttack, you blew my mind. I've just been trying to farm the prologue missions since I'm not up to level 10 yet, but based on what you are saying, I should be using my 2* level 30 Thor who has a few covers in him instead of my level 70 Wolverine.

Yep. Levels DO get relevant, eventually, but the problem with a one-cover anybody (unless it's just exactly the RIGHT cover) is that all they're there for is match damage, and possibly to tank.

Two of Wolverine's three abilities, unless you have multiple covers in him and just haven't leveled him, he can't use. So if you have his black and the board gets flooded with green and yellow, great - he can do some match damage for you, but he can't do anything with the AP you're collecting.

Now, that's not to say dudes like that can't fill a niche role if you have two other characters who are doing the heavy lifting. To give you an example from a higher level of play, I have a 5* Green Goblin who, until recently, *only* had a yellow cover. That suited my purposes, as my primary duo are 3* Steve Rogers and Scarlet Witch - both have countdown tiles that power their abilities, and Green Goblin's yellow has a passive that fortifies those tiles (means you gotta match 'em off twice to get rid of them) and an active (the part that costs AP) ability that reduces the timer remaining. Plus, yeah, he does 5* match damage in purple, black and yellow. So he was worth bringing along even for just that one cover.

But that's pretty rare. I have a 1-cover 4* Peggy Carter who's useless to me right now, because the cover I have is her red shield throw. I have other characters who do much more damage with their red AND have two other abilities they can use. So as much as I want to use Peggy, I don't. Her match damage at level 70 can't compare with my champion 3*, and the power I have for her just isn't super useful right now. That's much more the norm, when you have a single cover of a higher-rarity character.

For where you're at, yeah, you absolutely want to be building your foundation with your 2* characters to give you a platform from which to build your 3* roster, as Umbrella has done. From there, the game just opens up. Rostering 4* characters is totally fine, if you have the coins to do it.

Just remember that with the introduction of S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels, the rewards you're going to be earning in Story play are going to be more commensurate with a 1*->2* roster and, later, 2*->3*. Used to be you could kind of bootstrap your way past the early game by placing well in events, but for the state of the game now, you're going to have to do work at those lower levels to get your roster ready to step up into the Clearance Levels that have 4* covers in progression.

Even pulling a 5* cover (which you are not remotely ready for; it would jack up your scaling in Story and might even cause you difficulty in Versus) won't allow you to short-circuit the S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank and Clearance Levels system.

Roster the 4* you earn if you have the coins or the willingness to spend on the game, by all means. Just don't let it interfere with your goal of building your 2* roster and transitioning from there to 3*.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 02:22 PM   #305
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
It finally happened. On day 322, I finally got my first Kamala Khan cover. I even had enough HP to roster her! I've now got every 3* character on the roster.

On the topic of first world MPQ problems, I got 2* Black Widow to level 144, and sold her. With the ISO, I was able to get 3* Daken and She-Hulk (both with 12 covers) up to level 153. They both have an unusable cover sitting in my stash, so my thinking was that if I pull cover 13, I'll be able to champion them and level them quicker. That was yesterday. Today, I pull 2 Gamora covers, which gave her cover 13, and an extra. Now the race to champion her before it expires is on. I would have liked the 65K ISO for that.

Daken's DDQ is up on Monday. It'll be his purple. If that's the one you need, you'll be able to champion him. If it isn't, well, he'll still have covers available from tacos that cycle, so you may be able to champion him anyway.

She-Hulk, you're up to the whims of RNGesus because her DDQ was two days ago, and won't be coming around for another 37 or so.

As far as Gamora goes, play the hell out of the anniversary events and make sure you do DDQ every day. Double ISO from anniversary for the next week or so will help you progress quickly; for DDQ alone there's a minimum of 66k to be had from the guaranteed ISO. The Story events, green-check, at minimum, the trivial nodes for XP to help you progress towards your next S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank.

You need 85,346 ISO to champion Gamora. If I'm doing the math right, DDQ alone is going to net you about 81k before the cover expires. You're not going to have any trouble championing her. Depending on how much you have ISO you have remaining, you might have to choose whether to champion Gamora or Daken, as I believe Daken needs almost 40k ISO his own self to champion.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:30 PM   #306
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
I got a Dino cover today. For now, he is rostered, but if I don't get another cover for him, he might be replaced.

Yeah, I sold mine off a while ago because you can only get covers for him once a year, and there were more useful 4* to roster. They've rebalanced him, so maybe he's worth carrying now, but he's not a priority for me.

Quote:
I searched alliances for T.R.O.U.T. but nothing showed up.

Also, is it a specific Magneto/ Black Widow combo? I have Marvel Now Magneto and Modern Black Widow, but that BW doesn't have a heal

Edit: Found it, it's super no vacancy.

Marvel Now Magneto and Original Black Widow. Both of them are 2* characters. 1* Black Widow can be a pain in the ass all by herself, but she doesn't have a heal. What she has is AP steal + stuns, I believe.

And, yeah, T.R.O.U.T. is pretty full and active these days. We have a SnowMan23 in there who hasn't played in a couple months, and I don't know which FOFCer that is to find out what's up with him.

I run a secondary alliance on mobile, S.Q.U.I.D., but it's going to be a more casual alliance than T.R.O.U.T. is. My requirement for folks there is to play daily; I don't put minimums on PVE or PVP scoring because I can't put enough time into my mobile account to meet those minimums myself. So it's basically people playing on their own initiative, and as long as they stay active, I don't boot 'em. No vacancies there either for the nonce, but we do see them more often there than in T.R.O.U.T.

There are public alliances you can generally join, although there's no way to tell what the commander is looking for before you join them. But if you're playing regularly and putting up solid point totals in either PVE or PVP you're probably not going to run afoul of many commanders.

Quote:
Who should I be selling? I have a full 20 man roster and I stupidly wasted Hero points i think on buying a 10 pack of Heroes, so I have guys just sitting there waiting to be added.

Can't tell you who to sell without knowing who you've got.

Quote:
I'm thinking I can sell my 1* Yelena Belova and my 1* Venom, who both only have 1 extra cover in them, to add a 2* Captain Marvel (have 2 covers) to my team.

Captain Marvel is a solid add. Yelena I would sell, if only because she's no longer available from standard tokens. The only way to get more drops from her is either from the prologue, if she has covers left there, or from playing PVP. Venom used to be a 1* god, but isn't quite as ouchy these days. The top three 1*, IMO, are Iron Man, Juggernaut (neither of whom can be locked out from the 1* DDQ node) and Spider-Man (who CAN be, but the 1* Spider-Man is actually offensively usable).
Old 10-07-2016, 02:39 PM   #307
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Quote:
Daken's DDQ is up on Monday. It'll be his purple. If that's the one you need, you'll be able to champion him. If it isn't, well, he'll still have covers available from tacos that cycle, so you may be able to champion him anyway.

She-Hulk, you're up to the whims of RNGesus because her DDQ was two days ago, and won't be coming around for another 37 or so.

As far as Gamora goes, play the hell out of the anniversary events and make sure you do DDQ every day. Double ISO from anniversary for the next week or so will help you progress quickly; for DDQ alone there's a minimum of 66k to be had from the guaranteed ISO. The Story events, green-check, at minimum, the trivial nodes for XP to help you progress towards your next S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank.

You need 85,346 ISO to champion Gamora. If I'm doing the math right, DDQ alone is going to net you about 81k before the cover expires. You're not going to have any trouble championing her. Depending on how much you have ISO you have remaining, you might have to choose whether to champion Gamora or Daken, as I believe Daken needs almost 40k ISO his own self to champion.

Yeah, the extra She Hulk cover I got from DDQ. If the Daken DDQ is purple, than that will be cover 13, along with two unusable blue covers I have stashed. I'm going to have to do some heavy playing to champion both Daken and Gamora before their covers expire.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:58 PM   #308
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Quote:

Yelena is my least favorite 1*. As Sack was saying, you really only want 1* characters for two reasons. The first is to be able to complete DDQ. Iron Man and Juggs are the best options since they don't have a 2* equivalent. For me, Iron Man is the only 1* I have rostered. Just to warn you, Sack has a soft spot for 1* Spidey.

The other reason for 1* is you need them while you build up your 2* players, which should be your focus right now. DDQ tacos is the best way to do this. Also, as Sack mentioned, clear as much of the prologue as you can. Lots of ISO, and quite a few 2* covers (Wolverine, Thor, and Storm, if I remember correctly).

I like all the 2* except Bag Man and Hawkeye. Bag Man you can only get from PvP, which I rarely play, so no worries there. Hawkeye's powers are all timed, and I can never seem to get them to fire before they are matched. I know there are some players that don't like Moonstone, but against certain opponents, she can save the day.

I love Black Widow once her blue gets going. Teaming Thor's yellow with Daken can cause serious pain for the enemy. As mentioned, Magneto teams well with Storm and Black Widow. Storm is awesome too, but she is a bit squishy, so you need to protect her. Bullseye's purple is pretty great. Nothing like only taking 1 point of damage on every turn. Ares flat out destroys enemies, but for whatever reason, his covers are hard for me to get. Captain America is really powerful once he's leveled up, but he's not so great initially.

Captain Marvel isn't one of my favorites, but her red is useful against enemies that create shields, and Sonic Boom can pack a serious punch once it gets some covers and levels.

Bottom line, if you are short on roster spots, picking which 2* to concentrate on is personal choice. Except Bag Man. He is universally hated.

Last edited by Umbrella : 10-07-2016 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:05 PM   #309
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I just added 2* Bullseye So I think the only one's there I am lacking are Bagman and Ares... I had Ares , but I was in a HP drought for a bit and dumped him and Ragnarok to pick up better characters.
So during this anniversary season so far I have been able to roster Dino, Iceman, and Bullseye... I'm still a little ways away from XFW too! I think I either just hit 40 characters or I'm about to.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:07 PM   #310
SackAttack
Head Coach

Well, like I said. Double ISO galore. Especially in the SHIELD simulator - you'll get anywhere from 140 to 500 per fight you win there. If you can devote some time to SHIELD Sim each day for the remainder of anniversary, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting there.

Don't forget lightning rounds Tues-Thurs, either. Should be double ISO there, also, and if you get in on time, you get seed fights there - which means you can hit ten fights in about ten minutes at the double ISO rates.

Last edited by SackAttack : 10-07-2016 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:11 PM   #311
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Yelena is my least favorite 1*. As Sack was saying, you really only want 1* characters for two reasons. The first is to be able to complete DDQ. Iron Man and Juggs are the best options since they don't have a 2* equivalent. For me, Iron Man is the only 1* I have rostered. Just to warn you, Sack has a soft spot for 1* Spidey.

Iron Man is the only one I have rostered currently also, but have you PLAYED with 1* Spidey? He might be, no joke, the best Spider-man variant below the 5* tier.

Quote:
The other reason for 1* is you need them while you build up your 2* players, which should be your focus right now. DDQ tacos is the best way to do this. Also, as Sack mentioned, clear as much of the prologue as you can. Lots of ISO, and quite a few 2* covers (Wolverine, Thor, and Storm, if I remember correctly).

I think Captain Marvel has, or had, covers in the prologue also.

Quote:
I like all the 2* except Bag Man and Hawkeye. Bag Man you can only get from PvP, which I rarely play, so no worries there. Hawkeye's powers are all timed, and I can never seem to get them to fire before they are matched. I know there are some players that don't like Moonstone, but against certain opponents, she can save the day.

Hawkeye is definitely niche, but if you pair him with 2* Magneto or 3* Black Widow (basically, any character who can create crit tiles at will), he can mess shit up. He was part of my 2* team for a while before I was turned on to the Marvel/Magneto/Storm trio.

Quote:
Bottom line, if you are short on roster spots, picking which 2* to concentrate on is personal choice. Except Bag Man. He is universally hated.

Buuut if you champion Bag-Man and raise him to 144, he'll give you a Legendary. So he's not COMPLETELY worthless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I just added 2* Bullseye So I think the only one's there I am lacking are Bagman and Ares... I had Ares , but I was in a HP drought for a bit and dumped him and Ragnarok to pick up better characters.
So during this anniversary season so far I have been able to roster Dino, Iceman, and Bullseye... I'm still a little ways away from XFW too! I think I either just hit 40 characters or I'm about to.

2* Bullseye is an essential in the simulator, so that will help you if you're chasing a Gwenpool cover or the 25 CP. I just rostered him for both of those reasons myself.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:17 PM   #312
dunkem
Mascot

1* Spidey is awesome... too bad we can't champion him up to a higher level. I've tried him with Bullseye a few times to try and get the Black murderous aim off. It's glorious when it works. While risky due to his low health, if I have a red/blue/yellow like Iron Man or Magneto along with a green/purple black like Iron Fist or Bullseye, I'll sometime bring spidey in because he's always in the background. Only mass attacks will screw you. They really ought to switch 2* spidey with 1* spidey...

Freakin hate Carnage in any latest PVE...... not because i can't beat him, but because he kills my health

Hawkeye's best compliment, in my opinion, is Quicksilver with his black and it's usually fairly quick if you have blues on the board. You can match five anything with him if you see the pattern. 3* Widow is good with Hawkeye too, but you might be blowing up your own stuff with her green reticle and/or you might be short on pinks for Hawkeye because you just collected them all.

I just got a Dino too... looking at his powers, I don't think he's much better than he used to be... probably gonna be sold off especially if he doesn't come around often as Sack said.
dunkem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 09:40 PM   #313
Critch
lolzcat

Dino isnt great but his super cheap purple teamed up with Kamala's heal every time somebody uses a power makes your team pretty tough to beat. Means a heal every time you hit three purples. You just need to make sure the third person can do some damage.

Edit - actually scratch that, his purple now costs 6. So not much use overall. I'll stick with Vision and his two 5 costing powers to trigger Kamala.

Last edited by Critch : 10-07-2016 at 09:51 PM.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 09:42 PM   #314
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkem View Post
1* Spidey is awesome... too bad we can't champion him up to a higher level. I've tried him with Bullseye a few times to try and get the Black murderous aim off. It's glorious when it works. While risky due to his low health, if I have a red/blue/yellow like Iron Man or Magneto along with a green/purple black like Iron Fist or Bullseye, I'll sometime bring spidey in because he's always in the background. Only mass attacks will screw you. They really ought to switch 2* spidey with 1* spidey...

Freakin hate Carnage in any latest PVE...... not because i can't beat him, but because he kills my health

Hawkeye's best compliment, in my opinion, is Quicksilver with his black and it's usually fairly quick if you have blues on the board. You can match five anything with him if you see the pattern. 3* Widow is good with Hawkeye too, but you might be blowing up your own stuff with her green reticle and/or you might be short on pinks for Hawkeye because you just collected them all.

I just got a Dino too... looking at his powers, I don't think he's much better than he used to be... probably gonna be sold off especially if he doesn't come around often as Sack said.

2* Hawkeye makes a pretty strong team with 2* Magneto and 2* Storm.

Has anyone else given the 3* Falcon, 3* Spidey, and 3* Blade team a shot? It pretty much destroys the final DDQ battle without taking on any damage. I recommend it - pretty fun.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:37 AM   #315
General Mike
Pro Starter

Just got 10K Iso from the vault via a cover from the BFF event. That should help get Some of my 2 stars going.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:33 PM   #316
SackAttack
Head Coach

I got the Power Man cover from the SHIELD Simulator. That eases the sting a bit of not having any 4* in progression rewards until the anniversary is over.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:22 PM   #317
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Whomever dropped the Benjamin - THANK YOU
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:35 PM   #318
Lonnie
High School Varsity

I'm 2* heading into 3*, so I'm trying to clear a few roster spots.

I have these 4* : Jean Gray, Hulkbuster, Ant Man, and Devil Dino. All two cover except for Hulkbuster is 1. I have a XFW and Cyclops Classic in the reward queue.

Are any of those must keeps? Too rare to care? I saw you talking about XFW being good to have earlier in the thread.

I also have two 3* Sam Wilson in queue. Is he good to have?
Old 10-09-2016, 10:05 PM   #319
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post

I have these 4* : Jean Gray, Hulkbuster, Ant Man, and Devil Dino. All two cover except for Hulkbuster is 1. I have a XFW and Cyclops Classic in the reward queue.

Are any of those must keeps? Too rare to care? I saw you talking about XFW being good to have earlier in the thread.

Jean Grey and Hulkbuster are phenomenal 4* once they get covers. Cyclops is also very good. Even better, all three of those characters have covers available as 3* champion rewards. That's important, because not every 4* is linked with a 3* character that way.

Devil Dino is an anniversary character - you'll be able to pull his covers only in October of any given year, so whether or not you roster him may depend on how many covers you get.

XFW is...I won't say he's top-tier, but he's one of about five or six characters who drop 2-3 covers in the Daily Resupply. If you're getting covers for XFW, Nick Fury, Mr. Fantastic, Star-Lord, Invisible Woman, or She-Thor outside of their resupply drops, and you want that character on your roster, it's worth keeping those covers. Think of it as 'bonus' growth. My first two 13-cover 4* have been Fury and Star-Lord, for what it's worth, at least in part because of their Resupply drops.

XFW isn't a bad character, but he doesn't dominate the PVP meta anymore because there are other characters who do more damage, faster. So whether you think he's worth keeping probably depends on where your play focus lies.

3* Falcon is okay, but he's a niche cat. You aren't going to use him much unless you pair him with special tile creators, and you're going to want those other two to also be covering everything but purple, because purple is Falcon's only active ability, creating protect tiles. His yellow buffs your special tiles and his blue passively erases enemy special tiles once you have more than 5 blue AP. You aren't going to win any fights that he headlines, so you need to pair him with two good partners, and he's going to be niche.

But he's also an extra taco token every 40 days, so there's that.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:27 AM   #320
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post

I really like Ant Man, but he is also a bit niche. Against the symbiotes in the current PvE, he is awesome. His blue power eats up their special tiles, while adding his own with yellow. I don't have a purple cover for him yet, but I still like him a lot.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:30 AM   #321
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Quote:

3* Falcon is okay, but he's a niche cat. You aren't going to use him much unless you pair him with special tile creators, and you're going to want those other two to also be covering everything but purple, because purple is Falcon's only active ability, creating protect tiles. His yellow buffs your special tiles and his blue passively erases enemy special tiles once you have more than 5 blue AP. You aren't going to win any fights that he headlines, so you need to pair him with two good partners, and he's going to be niche.

But he's also an extra taco token every 40 days, so there's that.

I have to agree with this. Sam Wilson is really good when teamed up with Blade, Daken, Wolverine, or Black Panther. But he's not a tier one guy otherwise.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:42 PM   #322
dunkem
Mascot

Sam Wilson is great in this current PVE. I use him with Cyclops and Iron Fist. Cyclops is an asskicker so whatever Fist's attack tile doesn't cover, Cyclops will clean up.

Regarding 2* to 3*, been there a few months ago and I'd say you need your roster spots for 3* building. If you got a couple guys with multiple covers and they're guys you'd use later, I'd keep em. Devil Dino.... meh.. Jean Grey, strong as she is fully covered, a little bit niche. Cyclops... awesome. XFW, yeah, you might get covers for him eventually, but his usability is limited (as with most wolverine variants it seems).

3* Sam Wilson, during the transition from 2* to 3* never made my roster to keep because he's pure defense and niche. He eventually came on to my roster when I caught two or three of his covers in PVE/PVP's and ended up building him.

3* Falcon, 3* Spidey, and 3* Blade? I don't have 3* spidey rostered, but I guess it'll work most of the time as long as the sole Blade red strike tiles are produced. Without it, might be a long haul even with the super defense. Love 1* spidey, but 3* spidey.... he's in the Falcon/Loki/Dr Octopus defensive boat for me. Now that I have a bit of roster flexibility, maybe I can fit them in. Loki's my next defensive project... since he's such a pain to work around when I've played against him.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:54 PM   #323
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Sam Wilson is great in this current PVE. I use him with Cyclops and Iron Fist. Cyclops is an asskicker so whatever Fist's attack tile doesn't cover, Cyclops will clean up.

Regarding 2* to 3*, been there a few months ago and I'd say you need your roster spots for 3* building. If you got a couple guys with multiple covers and they're guys you'd use later, I'd keep em. Devil Dino.... meh.. Jean Grey, strong as she is fully covered, a little bit niche. Cyclops... awesome. XFW, yeah, you might get covers for him eventually, but his usability is limited (as with most wolverine variants it seems).

3* Sam Wilson, during the transition from 2* to 3* never made my roster to keep because he's pure defense and niche. He eventually came on to my roster when I caught two or three of his covers in PVE/PVP's and ended up building him.

3* Falcon, 3* Spidey, and 3* Blade? I don't have 3* spidey rostered, but I guess it'll work most of the time as long as the sole Blade red strike tiles are produced. Without it, might be a long haul even with the super defense. Love 1* spidey, but 3* spidey.... he's in the Falcon/Loki/Dr Octopus defensive boat for me. Now that I have a bit of roster flexibility, maybe I can fit them in. Loki's my next defensive project... since he's such a pain to work around when I've played against him.

Don't even look at it as defensive. Pair Loki with Patch. Wait until you have 12 black, fire Patch's green, fire Loki's black, and what you have is all of the offensive upside of Patch with none of its downside.

Ock, on the other hand, is most useful against tile generators. He's not great against characters who don't generate countdowns or special tiles, and even pairing him with Patch doesn't necessarily do much. He can be a devastating character on the right team, but he doesn't have a natural partner the way Loki does IMO.
Old 10-14-2016, 02:34 PM   #324
AnalBumCover
College Starter

I'm having a real fun time with Scarlet Witch, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage.

SWitch's passive blue creates Pink which feeds IF's cheap pink ability of initially creating black.

Once you stock up 12 black, it unlocks IF's pink "Iron Fist of K'un-Lun"

SWitch will continually feed IF's pink and you'll be pounding the opposition with regularity.

Then as a finishing move. Use the stockpiled black to hit the last of 'em with Luke's "Jab, Jab, Cross"

You can replace Luke with someone else with a strong black ability, like Black Panther or Cyclops.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 02:37 PM   #325
AnalBumCover
College Starter

dola

I had been hesitant to use this team during wave battles (I only used them during the PVE), but it worked like a charm in my last two BE's!
Old 10-14-2016, 03:05 PM   #326
SackAttack
Head Coach

Yeah, Luke Cage's yellow and black are both ouchy, and that protect tile is no joke, either.

My preferred partner for Witch is 3* Captain America. You can use various third members to finish off that team (I use Green Goblin because he's a nice meatshield and his yellow protects the countdowns that Cap and SWitch both generate), but it's great - they both have stuns, and SWitch is super-stunny, and once Cap gets his shields going, he can knock people out in a hurry.

Hell, it's a decent pair against Galactus even though he can't be stunned.
Old 10-15-2016, 06:00 AM   #327
Katon
College Benchwarmer

Witch/3* Cap/Hood is my go-to wave team, for exactly the same reason. Hood drains AP, has actives in the colors where Witch and Cap aren't useful, and having both teammates spitting out countdowns makes his black actually worth something.
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 11:19 AM   #328
Critch
lolzcat

I like 3* Iron Man for waves. His yellow recharge has time to top up his red and blue, his red can singleshot an opponent on a wave where it's one threat and two henchmen, then his blue can pretty much take out a whole wave at the end.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 03:42 PM   #329
Schmidty
Coordinator

I use Wolverine(X-Force), Deadpool Force (X-Force), Spiderman (Orginal) for the waves.

I can't believe people hate SM, but he's my all-time favorite. He can heal, put down protection, and stuns. He's my favorite support character. I have won 90% or so.
Old 10-16-2016, 04:04 PM   #330
SackAttack
Head Coach

The only real problem with 3* Spider-man is that he has no real offensive abilities. The 1* variant can dish out more damage than the 3* variant can. 3* has stuns, heals, and creates protect tiles. That's great! But...it means if the other two get knocked out he has to resort to chaining stuns and whittling people down with match damage.

What I'd like to see is a rebalance where his purple gets a passive/active tweak the way some other characters have, where there's a passive ability, maybe like what he's currently got, but also an active ability that maybe uses web tiles to deal damage.

He doesn't need much of a tweak to become somebody I'd use regular-like. But as he stands now, 3* Cap's protect tiles put Spidey's to shame, AND he does damage...so he's the no-brainer choice to bring along instead. Get those protect tiles out, and healing becomes irrelevant.
Old 10-16-2016, 04:20 PM   #331
Schmidty
Coordinator

To each their own, but I win all the time with him, so I'll stick with him.
Old 10-16-2016, 07:20 PM   #332
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
To each their own, but I win all the time with him, so I'll stick with him.

He's On my A-team, too.

If you have a championed Blade, try him with Spidey during the wave attacks. The pinks passively create shields and then Blade can throw down two really powerful attacks tiles.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 10:58 AM   #333
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Not sure about other platforms, but on Android, you now have the option to view ads after certain battles, after which you will be rewarded in some way. So far after 3 ads, I've received 10HP, 10HP, and 25HP.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:46 AM   #334
SackAttack
Head Coach

Mobile only. PC doesn't get that feature.
Old 11-10-2016, 07:14 PM   #335
General Mike
Pro Starter

I got my first 2* to Champion level the other day, Storm and am close to my 2nd in Thor.
Old 11-10-2016, 07:25 PM   #336
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
Not sure about other platforms, but on Android, you now have the option to view ads after certain battles, after which you will be rewarded in some way. So far after 3 ads, I've received 10HP, 10HP, and 25HP.

Is this where Iron Man pops up and says he'll "take care of this"? Because I'm not seeing any option for ads
Old 11-10-2016, 08:12 PM   #337
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Is this where Iron Man pops up and says he'll "take care of this"? Because I'm not seeing any option for ads

Yes. If you recently made any payments, the ad options are replaced by Iron Man.
Old 12-19-2016, 04:57 PM   #338
General Mike
Pro Starter

Why can't I get this stupid last Black Widow cover that I need?
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Old 12-19-2016, 05:14 PM   #339
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

THANOS...oh shi~!
Old 12-19-2016, 06:24 PM   #340
General Mike
Pro Starter

So I got a question again. Who should I sell? I have almost all my 2*s in range of being championed, but should I sell off my 4*s and my one 5* to make room for more 3*s?
Old 12-19-2016, 07:42 PM   #341
dunkem
Mascot

I'd sell off 4* that you don't think you'll ever use even if you got more of them. When I was in your situation, I was getting Red Hulks and She-Thors.... and I sold them off to make room for 3*'s. These days, 4*'s are a little bit more available than before so things have changed a bit, but there are some 4*s that I knew never fit into my style of play so I tossed em. The 3*'s will be your bread and butter as you play more so I'd put a bit more priority on them vs. 4* or even a 5* at this point.

I even made the decision to not accumulate or champion particular 2*'s to save roster slots. I have no Dakens or Wolverines at 2*. Early on, I'd keep guys who you're planning to use instead of hoarding for the long term. As you play more, you can expand your roster at that time.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:05 PM   #342
General Mike
Pro Starter

Well I have 47 roster spots right now, but like someone said, I'm in the 2*, maybe transitioning to 3* range. Like this 5* Dr. Strange I have, he's just messing up my starting level as far as PVP events go, right? Alot more so than the level 70 Jane Foster or X-23, right?
Old 12-19-2016, 09:10 PM   #343
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Why can't I get this stupid last Black Widow cover that I need?

RNGesus is a bitch. You'll get a shot at her in DDQ every 40'ish days, though, so SOONER or later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
THANOS...oh shi~!

3* AND 5*! I'll probably chase the 3* because at least that way I can have a version I have a reasonable shot at covering.

Quote:
So I got a question again. Who should I sell? I have almost all my 2*s in range of being championed, but should I sell off my 4*s and my one 5* to make room for more 3*s?

As I said upthread, can't tell you who to sell without knowing who you've got. Are you in either TROUT or SQUID so I can look?

Quote:
I'd sell off 4* that you don't think you'll ever use even if you got more of them. When I was in your situation, I was getting Red Hulks and She-Thors.... and I sold them off to make room for 3*'s. These days, 4*'s are a little bit more available than before so things have changed a bit, but there are some 4*s that I knew never fit into my style of play so I tossed em. The 3*'s will be your bread and butter as you play more so I'd put a bit more priority on them vs. 4* or even a 5* at this point.

4* are weird, man. They're "essential" which matters for things like progression rewards; even if they aren't close to being usable, they can matter for your ability to reach rewards you want/need (such as HP) and eventually you'll be at the point where you can play in CL7+ for the extra progression covers and the like. On the other hand, if your 2* aren't championed yet, you're a ways off from that being relevant. Definitely want to focus on the 3* in the short-term. Eventually you'll be able to get 4* covers via CP, progression, and the Crash of the Titans. But I don't know where you've been at in terms of reaching progression rewards currently, so...4* are weird, man.

Quote:
I even made the decision to not accumulate or champion particular 2*'s to save roster slots. I have no Dakens or Wolverines at 2*. Early on, I'd keep guys who you're planning to use instead of hoarding for the long term. As you play more, you can expand your roster at that time.

Daken is the one 2* I haven't rostered. He keeps dropping for me. Stupid RNG.

Quote:
Well I have 47 roster spots right now, but like someone said, I'm in the 2*, maybe transitioning to 3* range. Like this 5* Dr. Strange I have, he's just messing up my starting level as far as PVP events go, right? Alot more so than the level 70 Jane Foster or X-23, right?

4* won't mess up your scaling nearly as badly as 5* will, because as your 2* reach champion level, they'll be 94+. That one-cover 4* is only level 70, so any scaling naughtiness you see is going to be entirely your 2* and 3* at work. A 5* will tip those scales, but "how" is a little fuzzier.

A 5* gets treated similarly to a champion 4*, from what I understand, so you may be seeing fights you can't win in PVP as the game looks at the 5* and says "oh yeah you should be seeing 4* teams in your MMR."

PVE/Story is a little different. it used to be that your top 3 or 5 characters by level determined scaling, but supposedly a fix was coming such that number of covers would be weighted more heavily than levels. I don't know what ever came of that.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:50 PM   #344
General Mike
Pro Starter

There was no room in TROUT or SQUID last time I checked, but this is my roster

1* s - Spiderman (50), Iron Man (50), Storm (50), Black Widow (40), Juggernaut (40), Venom (40), Hawkeye (20)

2* - Storm (107), Thor (103), Human Torch (101), Captain Marvel (100), Magneto (98), Hawkeye (97), Moonstone (97), Wolverine (97), Black Widow (86), Daken (81, but 13 covers, plus extras), Steve Rogers (40, 12 covers), Ares (25, 12 covers), Bullseye (15, 12 covers), Spider-man (15)

3* - Storm (66, 5 covers), SWitch (53, 4 covers), Dr Doom (53, 3 covers), Quicksilver (53, 3 covers), Hulk (45, 4 covers), Loki (45, 3 covers), Sam Wilson (43, 3), Capt. Marvel (40, 2), Spider-man (40,2), Vision (40, 2), Black Panther (40,3), BWidow (40,2), Ragnarok (40,2), Daken, DocOck, HTorch, Iron Man, Magneto, Sentry, Thor (all 40, 1)

4* - X-23 (74,2), Wolverine (74,2), Gwenpool (70,2), GhostRider (70,1), JaneFoster Thor (70,1)

5* - Dr Strange (1 cover)

As far as scaling goes, if I do level 5 clearance for story mode, I usually finish around 100 for each day, and for the event in general. Enough to get some elite tokens out of each at least. PVP is a different story, sometimes I will get some matches early that I can handle easily, but right now I am getting opponents well above me.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:20 AM   #345
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:

1* s - Spiderman (50), Iron Man (50), Storm (50), Black Widow (40), Juggernaut (40), Venom (40), Hawkeye (20)

You really only need one 1* for the DDQ first mission. I'd been successful with Iron Man, while others like to use Juggs.

Getting rid of those others will open up six roster spots right away.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:56 AM   #346
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

2* - Storm (107), Thor (103), Human Torch (101), Captain Marvel (100), Magneto (98), Hawkeye (97), Moonstone (97), Wolverine (97), Black Widow (86), Daken (81, but 13 covers, plus extras), Steve Rogers (40, 12 covers), Ares (25, 12 covers), Bullseye (15, 12 covers), Spider-man (15)

3* - Storm (66, 5 covers), SWitch (53, 4 covers), Dr Doom (53, 3 covers), Quicksilver (53, 3 covers), Hulk (45, 4 covers), Loki (45, 3 covers), Sam Wilson (43, 3), Capt. Marvel (40, 2), Spider-man (40,2), Vision (40, 2), Black Panther (40,3), BWidow (40,2), Ragnarok (40,2), Daken, DocOck, HTorch, Iron Man, Magneto, Sentry, Thor (all 40, 1)

4* - X-23 (74,2), Wolverine (74,2), Gwenpool (70,2), GhostRider (70,1), JaneFoster Thor (70,1)

As far as scaling goes, if I do level 5 clearance for story mode, I usually finish around 100 for each day, and for the event in general. Enough to get some elite tokens out of each at least. PVP is a different story, sometimes I will get some matches early that I can handle easily, but right now I am getting opponents well above me.

That is, truthfully, too many 1* for your roster strength unless your intent is to collect every character in the game. Which is legit, if that's how you roll, but you're holding yourself back otherwise if you're debating selling 4* to make room for someone.

Put another way: you've got half the 2* roster championed already, and another who well COULD be if you have 65k ISO lying around (if Daken has extra covers, and you have the ISO, do it). 2* champions feed you resources and 3* covers, which will help with your transition to the 3* game.

I would drop 1* Hawkeye. You have barely any ISO invested in him to this point, and he's completely superfluous.

1* Storm and 3* Storm are functionally identical. Their powersets are only marginally different from one another, and 3* Storm is stronger. Sell 1* Storm and don't look back.

The rest of your 1* can all make cogent arguments for sticking around, but over time - especially as your 3* roster gets stronger - most of those characters are going to be good for little more than getting bonus XP for sending teamups to your alliancemates. Iron Man, Juggernaut, and Venom are all capable of clearing the 1* fight in DDQ on their own, and they all also have the benefit of not having a 2* variant who can lock them out of that fight the way Spiderman and Widow do. There are also characters at higher tiers who can replicate Widow's stun, which kind of marginalizes her. 1* Spidey is just a badass when he's powered up, so I honestly wouldn't blame you holding onto him.

But Hawkeye and Storm 1* should be shown the door and Widow should probably be on thin ice if you need a roster spot as well. The others are kind of a judgment call. How often do you use your 1* with that nice little 2* champion setup you have going on?

The only 1* I carry currently is Iron Man, though I'd like to eventually have the room to bring back 1* Spidey. Otherwise, those roster spots are too valuable with new character releases for me to hang onto 1* I wouldn't use.

I can make room for you in SQUID if you want in, but I can't promise that the alliance rewards will be any great shakes compared to what you may have gotten in whatever alliance you're in. My main requirement is "Play daily," so you'll get the daily resupply ISO bonus, but I really don't know what the alliance rewards look like in PVP/PVE for folks who play regularly, because about all I do is DDQ with that account. :-D
Old 12-20-2016, 11:24 AM   #347
General Mike
Pro Starter

I have basically enough ISO on hand to get Daken to champion level and then put the covers in him, but I also have extra BW covers around so I'm trying to get get her to champion first before hers expire.

I usually use Storm, juggernaut and spidey for the 1* DDQ, but I will probably just keep the ones you said can't be locked out.

I usually get about 1500 ISO from the daily alliance bonus. I know my alliance bonuses for pve suck. If there's a spot open in SQUID, I'll take it because I'd rather play with people I know.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:31 PM   #348
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
I have basically enough ISO on hand to get Daken to champion level and then put the covers in him, but I also have extra BW covers around so I'm trying to get get her to champion first before hers expire.

I usually use Storm, juggernaut and spidey for the 1* DDQ, but I will probably just keep the ones you said can't be locked out.

I usually get about 1500 ISO from the daily alliance bonus. I know my alliance bonuses for pve suck. If there's a spot open in SQUID, I'll take it because I'd rather play with people I know.

play as many lightning round seed fights as you can (typically 3-10 of those available right as the lightning rounds begin; the first one just went off, and the next is at noon Pacific). I typically get 3+ 2* covers per lightning round, which is a nice way to build up 2*/get champion rewards.

Next open roster spot in SQUID is yours. I was 'bout to boot a guy who'd been inactive for a week, but the jerk showed up and played a fight.

What I'll do is PM you as soon the next boot candidate rolls around. I'll boot 'em, take the alliance private, and that way you can apply directly for the spot and I can get you in that way.

Ordinarily it'd be cake to look at the rosters and go 'oh that guy only has four characters that's not a long-termer' and open a spot that way, but my pruning over the months has actually given SQUID a pretty reliable crop of members (finally), so there's no low-hanging fruit.

But the next spot is definitely yours.
Old 12-20-2016, 01:22 PM   #349
dunkem
Mascot

Quote:

Looks like you're not quite at the 3* area where you're using them primarily so for now 2* will carry you. The 1*'s after a while, I was only using the same 3 guys for DDQ so I chucked the rest. Unless you use them, I'd get rid of Venom and Hawkeye. Personally, I hate playing against juggernaut, but hated playing with him since he self-inflict damage and you end up having to wait for him to health up again before using him. While what Sack said is true about 3* Storm being the same as 1* storm, in the early going, 1* storm may be good to keep around since she's great with guys like 2* Thor. When you cover up the 3* Storm, you can get rid of 1* since she'll just be a weaker verson at that point.

3*..... I would get rid of guys you won't ever use. Sentry is garbage to me at any level (unless they do something to him). Doc Oc, specialty guy who will have difficulty fitting into a team at low covers. Pretty much I'd prioritize guys who you'd ultimately play with in the end and, for now, bump those others out.

You'll always be in this tough situation with PVE (story mode) like Sack said about "essential characters" or even a DDQ... but you can't keep everybody so earlier on, you just have to bite the bullet. Either that or just keep those one covers in your inventory until the last minute and if they become "necessary", you roster them for the challenge and then make a decision whether he's a short term hold or not.

At your level, 4* guys are kind of taking up space. Again, they may help if you need them in a PVE challenge node, but if you're up against a roster cap and you reallly think you want to play with a 3* in your gamestyle, might be better to take the 3* over keeping the 4*. I'd only keep the 4* if I possibly had multiple covers and/or they're part of daily rewards like Sack said in the past.

5* are so rare even if you play a buttload that even at my playing level, I'm conflicted about keeping some of them..

My fastest path better my roster was playing PVE's.... but it's a MASSIVE time investment. I've had to give it up because I couldn't afford 3 hours a day .. If you "complete" them though, you'll probably end up getting great progression and placement rewards that will accelerate your 3* covers.

Playing PVP's consistently also helps.. the Heroic ten pack is pretty attainable if you average 400 to 500 per PVP.
Old 12-20-2016, 01:26 PM   #350
General Mike
Pro Starter

So I sold my 1* Hawkeye and Black Widow and rostered 3* Luke Cage and Deadpool in their place. All the other covers I have are for my 2* non-champions that I am waiting to train up.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF