Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-30-2013, 06:57 AM   #1
xjayex
n00b

The Jet and Rotgut Diaries: A Fallout New Vegas Report

I will be telling the tale of the Courier in Fallout: New Vegas. I do not expect to finish the game due to the fact that I am using death as permanent. I will be playing on Hard (not that it matters for the way I will be presenting my adventure). I have all the expansion packs and will only tackle them if my adventure naturally takes me there.

Before he was shot in the head, the courier was an average guy. He worked when he had work and spent most of his caps when he had time off. No family, no special lady, just a man, a small house and the wastes.

Now, having been shot in the head and being brought back to life, what does he do? Claim revenge? Forget the whole thing and move away? Get a new job? Whatever the choice, at the end of the day, he does have to figure out what to do with those headaches.

Last edited by xjayex : 01-30-2013 at 07:27 AM.
xjayex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
xjayex
n00b

Day 1: I awoke to a man named Doc Mitchell sitting in front of me. According to him... and how I feel I was shot in the head. I remember some but the events of those couple hours up to that are blank. He patched me up and took care of me for a few weeks. I guess it was pretty bad. He did some weird tests on me. Asking me questions and making me do things on a funny looking machine. He said it would determine if I was ready... I say horseshit. He did give me my stuff back and even gave me this cool thing called a PiP Boy. I've seen one before, never knew what it was till now.

Once I left Doc's I find that the sun is quite bright. Hurts my eyes... and this headache.. hope it goes away.

I make my way down into the main part of town. Small, quiet. It feels like a good place to get back onto my feet. I head over to the towns store, run by a guy named Chet. He seems like caps run his world... not that it's a bad thing. He tells me about a gang called the Great Khans. Sounds like a bunch of bad asses if you ask me. I've heard some stories about them before. Haven't met any, thank god. He also knew some stuff about the guy that shot me. Maybe I'll need to find my way to New Vegas... maybe I wont. I just woke up and hate making choices so early. He also tells me about Mr. House and his robot security bots. Eventually, when I realize ol Chet has no more information, I sell, barter and move on.

Well, now I am thirsty. I think it's time to go to the saloon and wet the whistle...

Day 2: It's been about 15 hours according to this pip boy, if I am reading it right. I guess I drank too many beers and way too much moonshine. I don't normally get like that... maybe it's that hole in my head, maybe it's been awhile. I just know that my head didn't seem to bother me too much. I woke up in this rusty bucket of a trailer behind Chet's store. Hope whomever owns it is ok with me setting up shop here.

Later in the day after I gathered myself, I met Sunny Smiles. I nice girl with a nice dog. She thinks she's pretty tough. Maybe the tough chick of town. She set me up with a varmint rifle and shot some rounds with me. She also told me there are a few abandoned buildings around town and the school could have a few things I may find useful. Im going to have to check that stuff out. Also, she told me the locations of a few surrounding towns and areas. Pip boy, you're working out nice!

I get a bite to eat and some pure water. This town has a supply of clean, fresh, pure water... thank you. Thank you. Time to check out this school.

Inside wasn't so abandoned. Nothing major, just a few mantis. Easy work for my machete. I found a few caps in some desks. Mostly junk. There was a safe in there. I eventually picked the lock and it had mentats, a super stim, some turpentine and a stealth boy. This thing is worth some caps but... also its worth keeping to sneak around if needed. Either situation will come up, right?

After a walk around town Im going to head over to the saloon. Heads pounding and I need a drink.

Well, there is some action in town today! Trudy, the saloon operator was arguing with a guy named Joe Cobb. Apparently, Joe wants to kill another guy named Ringo who is holed up at the old gas station. He cheated some group named the Powedergangers. Whatever. Not my fight. Trudy has me fix her radio and tells me about town and what not, small talk.

Now to medicate this headache...

Last edited by xjayex : 01-30-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:53 PM   #3
xjayex
n00b

Day 3: I awoke in the saloon behind the bar. Trudy's lifeless body next to me. What the hell happened last night? After I gathered myself I notice Sunny Smiles draped over a table with no head... her head was laying near her dead dog. As the terror of what I have done starts to wear off, I find a few canisters of jet in my pockets. I can already put the pieces together.

After almost a day searching the town I find that they are all dead.

Every. Last. One.

I'm going to spend the next day burning the bodies and the town. Gonna make it look like Caesar had hit this town.

I hope no NCR soldiers arrive... I'll write more later. There is work to be done.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #4
StLee
High School Varsity

Cool stuff. I am a big fan of the Fallout games. I haven't popped on my PS3 in about 6 months, but the next time I do, it's probably to drudge towards completing Skyrim at some point and also replaying New Vegas.

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #5
xjayex
n00b

Day 4: I've piled all the bodies into the school house and prepped the town to burn down. I am getting jittery now. I need more. It's the jet. I know it is but I can't stand the headaches. If I can get this under control.

Well, I watched the town burn from this abandoned shack on the outskirts of town. It lit the night sky and made an otherwise boring night a little more lively. A couple Radscorps got a piece of me. Probably agitated by the flames. I'm going to sleep this poison out and head towards Primm in the morning.