Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-04-2015, 09:20 AM   #101
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We win some games after the all-star break but are still 18-41 and last in the Eastern Conference.

Wow. Embiid told me he is pissed off about being snubbed as an All-Star and he is tearing it up now...

3/23 -

MCW goes down with a minor knee injury but he will miss 2-4 weeks.

Cowen moves into the starting PG position and we go on a 4 game winning streak to end the month!

We are now 27-49 but still 15th in the Conference. That being said, we are only 2 games behind the Heat. We are also only 2 games behind the Mavericks for worst record in the NBA...

Cowen continues to elevate his game according to our staff. They now have him rated an 86 overall. He is averaging 20 ppg and 5.9 apg.

Post March-Madness not much change in the top 10:

1) PG Gill
2. PF/SF Perkins
3. PF Perben
4. SG Williamson
5) SG Long
6. SF Robinson
7. SG Love
8. PG Blount
9. C Williams
10. SF Kasparov
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 09:35 AM   #102
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Argh. I lost a long post with awards and final standings.

To hit the highlights:

Durant was MVP averaging over 33 ppg.

His coach won coach of the year for guiding them to 69 wins.

Cowen won Rookie of the Year. He averaged 19.9 ppg, 6.1 apg. He shot 42% from the field, 92% from the line, and 32% from the arc. He has improved to a 87 rating. He and Daughterty are the only rookies over an 80. Everyone else is in the low to mid 70's at best.

The Western Standings:

1. Thunder (69-13)
2. Warriors (49-33)
3. Blazers (48-34)
4. Pelicans (48-34)
5. Grizzlies (48-34)
6. Jazz (45-37)
7. Rockets (44-38)
8. Lakers (42-40)

9. Suns (41-41)
10. Spurs (39-43) - What happened to them?
11. Nuggets (37-45)
12. Wolves (36-46)
13. Clippers (35-47) - What happened to them??
14. Kings (33-49)
15. Mavs (30-52)
Old 02-04-2015, 09:46 AM   #103
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Eastern Standings:

1. Hornets (56-26)
2. Raptors (51-31)
3. Magic (49-33)
4. Cavs (43-39)
5. Nets (43-39)
6. Pistons (42-40)
7. Bucks (38-44)
8. Knicks (37-45)

9. Bulls (35-47)
10. Celtics (34-48)
11. Wizards (33-49)
12. Pacers (33-49)
13. Heat (32-50)
14. Hawks (30-52)
15. 76ers (30-52)

Other notes from the awards:

Butler was 1st team NBA defense.

Anthony Davis won defensive player of the year. He averaged 22 ppg, 11 rpg, and 2.1 bpg.

We re-signed MCW to an extension but Noel is going to become a restricted FA as he wants to look around a bit....

We should have the most ping pong balls... come on ping pong balls!

We finished out the year with injuries to MCW and Butler that both helped us drop our last batch of games...

Playoff Highlights:

The Thunder cruise past the Lakers in 4.

However, Anthony Davis does his best superman impression and guides the Pelicans past the Thunder in 6!

The 7 seed Rockets cruise past the Warriors behind a big effort from Harden.

They get past the Grizzlies who lost a key player to injury.

In the Western Conference Finals - The Pelicans sweep the Rockets!

In the East, the Hornets sweep the Knicks, then sweep the Nets, and then sweep the Pistons to advance to the East.

The Hornets are playing great team basketball and this continues against the Pelicans as they win in 5!

Young 2nd year PG Hakan Ozat was the finals MVP with 22 ppg and 8.3 apg.

What happened to the Spurs and Clippers?

We'll look at that in a minute. First, we get the retirement announcements:

Duncan, Kobe, and Pierce all are hanging them up and the Spurs will have to rebuild.

Ginobili also announces he is done with the Pistons. Will any of them have a last minute change of heart again?

Other retirements of note:

Wade retires from the Heat at the age of 35.

Nene retires from the Wizards.

David West retires from the Pacers at 36 years old.

Nick Collison retires from the Knicks at 36.

Bryant, Duncan, Wade and Pierce are all locks for the HOF.

Looking at the Spurs:

Dwight played all year and played well averaging 16 ppg and 10 rpg. Heshot efficiently and was an anchor for them.

Tony Parker played all year but his scoring was way down and his APG was down. At 35, he really started showing his age.

Kobe shot horribly and jacked up a lot of bad shots...

Duncan was finally inefficient and shot poorly.

Pierce didn't contribute much this year. Their #2 leading scorer was young PF Kyle Anderson who averaged 14 ppg and 6.2 rpg.

Not sure what happened to the Clippers except that DeAndre Jordan was injured for most of the year and Hawes didn't do a great job shooting at C this year. Griffin was dominant and Paul had a very good year.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:49 AM   #104
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Time for the draft lottery:

Awww, we've been marked as the #2 team and don't have the most balls in the lottery... hoping for some good luck!

All of our other picks from other teams are non-lottery picks...

#1 chance is the Mavs, we are #2, and Lakers (via Hawks) are #3 shot...

Ugh.. we get the #3 pick.

The top 10:

#1 Mavericks
#2 Lakers (via Hawks)
#3 76ers
4. Heat
5. Celtics
6. Kings
7. Wizards
8. Celtics
9. Clippers
10. Bulls

Do we try to package our picks to move up 1 slot? Is this draft deep enough that we keep our picks and try to rebuild with 4 1st rounders? There are some very good players guaranteed to be at the #1 slot including a potential super star.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:57 AM   #105
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our 4 picks are: 3rd, 19th (via Nets), 24th via Pelicans, and 30th via Hornets.

Our owner is unhappy with the team's performance despite the injuries. I decide to can Monty Williams and bring in the best available coach... we go with Erik Spoelstra who has been let go from the Heat. We give Spoelstra a 4 year deal.

A few big stars decline options and become FA's:

Harden (93), Blake Griffin (93), Chris Paul (88), Lowry (87)

Do we go after any of them? Depends upon the draft...

Hmmm... the PF Perkins chooses not to do any combine exercises...

He does agree to come in for a private workout. We also bring in several other top players.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:01 AM   #106
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Wow. Perkins hits 19 of 25 3's in our private workout. He hits 20/25 midrange jumpers. He has a 39" vertical and benches 25 times, most of any guy we bring in... He also has the best sprint and lane times of any non-guard we bring in.

Other players that wow us in the workouts:

SG George Love. His potential is very enticing.

SG Alex Long - Shoots very well right now.

SF Jake Robinson - 2nd best bench of all guys we brought in, best vertical of all guys at 42".

Hmmmm, what to do.... what to do?
Old 02-04-2015, 10:47 AM   #107
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The Lakers have a good PF and I'm hoping they will go for a SG and not take Perkins.. I'm going to hang tight... unless they are willing to take a small trade to move down 1 spot...

Wow! The Mavs surprise us all and take SG Alex Long #1. He does have tremendous potential and is only 19.

The Lakers approach us about trading out of the #2 spot... but they don't want my #3 pick. They offer me a surprising trade that I don't understand fully but I will take it:

They want my 1st round pick next year and Jeff Green (77 and according to the CPU he has 3 star value not bad a tall) for their #2 pick and they want me to take SF Rod Cowens (60) off their hands. I don't get it, but I have negotiation difficulty way up and I can't pass this gift horse up!

With the #2 pick, we take PF/SF Mack Perkins!!!

The Heat offer us a trade for our 3rd pick, but we decline. I'm getting us another potential star...

The Warriors also offer us a nice trade, Harrison Barnes and their 1st but I decline...

The Thunder also try to get it, offering their 1st and McGary. I decline again.

I got about 12 more offers for this pick... everyone wants it!

The best offer is LaMarcus Aldridge and Al Horford for the 3rd pick.. wow... that is tempting. But, they are both getting up there in age and I think one of these guys is a superstar... I just got make the right pick and we could have the nucleus for championships...

It is hard, but I turn down that offer even.

It is really a tough decision but I decide to shoot for the moon and take the boom/bust player whose athleticism adds to our team. I don't like that he is a Bruin, but I love everything else about him, especially his athleticism and length. I take SF Jake Robinson of UCLA - the 6'8 235 pound SF with amazing leaping ability, athleticism and potential.

The two SG's were both hard to pass up but Cowens has us our SG spot locked up on offense.

The Heat get Perben from France who I was very tempted by as well.

Gill drops to the Celtics at 5.

The Bulls trade up to get the #6 pick. They give up Gibson (who is declining) and McDermott (79)

With the 6th pick, the Bulls get SG Nelson Williamson who I came VERY close to selecting. I think he is a sure fire all-star.

7. The Wizards take George Love who I almost took as well - great boom/bust potential.

8. The Celtics get Bert Williams, the best center in the draft.

9. Clippers reach for Vlade Rodic, a SG from Serbia.

10. The Bulls get Dillon Hubbard, a SF from Cal.

The Nuggets trade their 12th pick and Arron Afflalo for Eric Gordon who is gone from the Lakers.

The Celtics trade Rondo to the Lakers for the Lakers 17th pick. Wow. Rondo's stock has fallen.

With the 17th pick, the Celtics get a C with some potential, Bryant Stapleton.

With the 18th pick, Kasparov is still available but I'm not a fan of his.

We take a flier on a SG from Puerto Rico who we like a bit. He has a good stroke at least. Raul Cruz is 6'4, 200, and 21 years old. He averaged 16 ppg.

With the 24th pick, we take PF Marty Cousins from Marquette who has some potential to improve in our opinion. He is 6'9 250 and has some ok post skills right now.

Kasparov goes 25th.

Wow. The Spurs trade away Parker and their 26th pick (from the Magic) to the Clippers for a young SG and a young PF.

The Clippers get a big PF/C who might be an ok backup with the pick. He was someone I was targeting with my next pick.

The Hornets offer us their 1st next year for their 30th pick this year and the 2nd round pick of the Magic we have next year. I'll take that gamble.

Wow... The Hawks are determined to trade Aldridge. They offer him to the Nuggets for their 2nd this year and their 1st next year.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:59 AM   #108
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Darn... we didn't have a 2nd round pick and the Thunder took a guy with the last pick that I really wanted. Pat Mills is a pure shooter who can't do anything else but shoot the 3. That being said, he does that really well. Nice last pick by the Thunder.

Looking at the draft summary - Neither of the guys we took are the highest rated, neither is the #1 pick, but we got guys with great ceilings...

Time for FA... wow Anthony Davis is an unrestricted FA!

The top FA's:

Anthony Davis (94)
Griffin (91)
Harden (91)
Paul (86 - and in decline at 32)
Lowry (85 and in early decline at 31)
Faried (85)
Collison (83)

I don't have the cap room to make any type of competitive offer for any of the top FA's, but I have enough room to go after the Greek Freak...

He accepts our offer!

We also re-sign Noel

We are now over the cap and done in FA.

The Bulls make the big splash with a 4 year 80 million dollar deal they get Anthony Davis!!

Blake Griffin is lured away by Mark Cuban's money. He signs for 4 years and 90 million.

Harden is the next domino to fall as he leaves for Miami to replace Wade. He takes 4 years and 83 million.

The Bulls then sign a few minor FA's to go around the big man.

The Knicks sign a few minor free agents.

The Heat get Allen Crabbe to run alongside Harden.

The Clippers sign Perry Jones from us for 3 years and 11 million.

The Spurs get Kenneth Faried to replace Duncan. He signs for 4 years and 48 million.

Chris Paul re-signs with the Clippers for 3 years and 45 million. Him and Parker give them a lot of play making. But, the Clippers traded away Reddick to open up the SG spot...

The Rockets get Tristan Thompson for 3 years and 25 million.

The Grizzlies get Nikola Mirotic for 3 years and 24 million.

The Hornets get Jeremy Lin for 3 years and 29 million.

The Pacers sign Darren Collison for 4 years and 40 million.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:11 AM   #109
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Off Season Progression Reports from our trainers:

Wow. Cowen has taken his game to another level. Every phase of his shooting and play making has sky rocketed. He is now rated 88 overall.

Embiid has taken his offensive post game to another level and is now an 85 overall and ready to become a dominant inside scorer.

Noel is stagnant for the most part although he has improved his offensive touch a bit.

MCW is suffering from his injuries. He is taking a small hit in multiple areas even though he is only 25.

The Greek Freak has worked on his outside shooting...

Butler at 27 is in some decline. I had chances to trade him this offseason and didn't... I might regret that. Our staff thinks he is declining in every area.

Jerami Grant is improving and is becoming a really nice all around SF...

Rod Cowens, the throw in piece in the trade, had an awesome off season and the 22 year old might be a nice rotation player for us.

2017 Training Camp results and rotation:

PG MCW - rated 82 overall.
SG Cowen (88)
SF Butler (79)
PF Mack Perkins (76 - instant offense with his ability to stretch the defense.)
C Embiid (85)

6th man - Noel (80) - First big man in at either position.
7. Robinson - The rookie SF has tremendous athleticism. Rated 79 overall.
8. Greek Freak - 79 overall - best 3 point shooter on our bench.
9. Turner - 78 overall.
10. Moultrie - 73 with rebounding as speciality.
11. Grant - 75 overall - can get a few minutes or more if we have injuries...
12. Bazja - 71 overall - has a decent outside shot at SG.
13. Cowens - 68 overall - might be a surprise player. Has decent athleticism.

Reserve: SG Raul Cruz - 65 overall and will need to develop better.
Reserve: PF Marty Cousins - 66 overall - can play some if we have injuries.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:16 AM   #110
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We start off the season with a potential playoff match-up down the road as we host the Magic. Their starting 5:

PG Bradshaw (80)
SG Oladipo (83)
SG Evan Fournier (78)
PF Love (90)
C Vucevic (76)

PF Aaron Gordon (85) - I should have traded for him when I could have.
PF Andrew Nicholson (77)
C Gene Townsend (former high pick - 74)
PG Vladmir Stojic (72)
SG Kasparov (from this draft - 66)
Old 02-04-2015, 12:43 PM   #111
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Wow. Perkins hits a nice 12 footer early and his spacing is making things SO easy for Embiid down low against their post player. Embiid with 16 points in the 1st quarter.

We are up 25-20.

Embiid needs his first breather. We get Robinson in for the first time too.

7:21 - Robinson gets a pick from Noel and gets to the lane for a monster dunk! Up 34-26.

Cowen finds Perkins for a corner 3. His first 3 as a pro!

Perkins has 8 points and 5 boards now.

Perkins will get his first breather of the game. He is very well conditioned for a rookie.

3:00 - The Greek Freak hits a 3 from the corner. We are up 43-33.

Embiid with a block... gets the fast break going... Turner to the Greek Freak for a monster dunk!

Halftime: We are up 46-40.

Embiid with 16 points at the half.

At the end of 3, we are up 71-61 after giving away our lead early. Perkins with 11 points as he hit another 3rd in the 3rd.

While Embiid rests, they cut the lead to 0. Once he comes back, we build it back up to 8 points.

With 1:14 to go, Embiid fouls out. We are up 95-90.

95-93 when they foul Perkins who just grabbed a key rebound.

Perkins to the line... swishes the first... and the 2nd. 97-93 lead with 16 seconds left.

Perkins forces a miss by Love from 3. Noel with the board. He finishes it with both FT's.

We win 99-93. This team looks very good.

Embiid is the player of the game with 29 points, 12 boards, 3 blocks. He shot 13 of 16 from the floor and 3 of 6 from the line.

Perkins with 15 points, 9 boards, 2 steals, and a block. He shot 4 of 9, 2 of 5 from the arc, and 5 of 5 from the line. The kid is the real deal.

The Greek Freak finished with 15 points on 6 of 8 shooting, 1 of 2 from the arc, and 2 of 2 from the line.

MCW with 12 points, 7 assists, 3 boards, 1 steal, 1 block, and 1 turnover. HE shot 5 of 7.

Noel with 10 points, 7 boards, and 1 block.

Robinson with 9 points and 5 boards in 16 minutes. He shot 4 of 4 including 2 dunks.

Cowen with a horrible shooting night, 1 of 16. He finished with 7 points, 9 assists, 2 boards, and 3 steals.

Turner with 2 points, 2 boards, and 2 assists in 18 minutes.

Butler shot 0 of 6. He finished with 7 boards, 3 assists, and 1 steal.

Vucevic led them with 17 points and 9 boards.

Bradshaw with 15 points and 5 assists.

Love with 15 points and 10 boards. We held him to 6 of 17.

Oladipo with 13 points and 6 assists.

Fournier with 13 points.

Gordon played 20 minutes and we held him to 4 points and 2 boards on 2 of 5 shooting.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:03 PM   #112
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

11/4/17 -

We travel to play the Wizards who are very talented in the backcourt but weak elsewhere:

PG Wall (89)
SG Beal (88)
SF Otto Porter (77)
PF Miguel Estrada(74)
C Kevin Seraphin (75)

We are favored.

We jump to a big lead. 65-40 lead at the half.

The 3rd we give up most of the lead but pull away in the 4th.

We win 114-100.

Cowen with 23 points, 11 assists, 6 steals, and 3 boards. He shot 10 of 20.

MCW with 21 points, 10 assists, 7 boards, 2 steals, and a block. He shot 9 of 15.

Perkins with 18 points, 5 boards, 3 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 7 of 8, 2 of 3 from the arc, and 2 of 2 from the line.

Noel with 12 points and 5 boars.

Embiid with 11 points, 6 boards, and 2 blocks.

Robinson with 11 points, 5 boards, and 3 assists in 20 minutes.

Turner with 10 points and 5 boards.

Antetokounmpo with 6 points, 6 boards, 3 assists.

Butler shot 1 of 9.

Porter was injured in the game and will be less than 100% for a few weeks.

Rookie George Love who I almost took with the 3rd pick had a team high 19 points on 7 of 9 shooting including 2 of 3 from the arc for the Wizards.

Charlotte with a blow - Al Jefferson tore his ACL and is done for the year.

11/5 -

We travel to play the Hawks. They are rebuilding now and we are heavily favored. Their best player is PG Goran Dragovic (80) and Al Horford (79)

Tied at 98 with 3 minutes to go.

They hit a 3 and the Greek Freak responds with a corner 3 on a nice pass by Cowen.

Embiid has fouled out.

Back and forth scoring. Cowen making shots for us.

Horford making plays for them.

Cowen finds Perkins for a 3! 110-107 with 40 seconds left..

Cowen with a steal and a perfect alley oop to the Greek Freak for a huge dunk!

We win the game 114-107!

Cowen is the player of the game with 25 points, 12 assists, 6 boards, 2 steals, and a block. He shot 11 of 20, 1 of 3, and 1 of 1.

Perkins with 25 points, 4 boards, 3 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block. He shot 7 of 12, 2 of 2 from the arc, and 9 of 9 from the line.

Noel with 18 points and 10 boards.

Turner with 12 points.

MCW with 10 points, 9 assists, and 1 steal.

Greek Freak with 9 points, 5 boards, and 1 assist.

Embiid with 6 points, 5 boards, and 1 block before he fouled out in 22 minutes.

Robinson fouled out in 16 minutes. HE had 5 points, 2 boards, and 2 assists.

Butler with 5 points, 11 boards, 4 assists, 4 steals, and 2 blocks.

Horford led the Hawks with 26 points. K.J. McDaniels, my former bench player played 20 minutes for them and had 14 points.

We are now 3-0 and looking good
Old 02-04-2015, 01:09 PM   #113
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We give Embiid a 3 year 48 million dollar extension. We are both very happy with this deal.

11/7 -

We host the Jazz. They are 1-2 but have a nice set of talented players including:

PG Kim (85)
SG Exum (85)
SF Hayward (82)
PF Favors (83)
C Rudy Gobert (78)

PG Trey Burke (80)
PG Isaiah Thomas (78)
C Enes Kanter (79)
SF Rodney Hood (76)
Old 02-05-2015, 08:58 AM   #114
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Adrenaline keeps my starters in the for the entire first quarter as they are rolling! 36-20.

Cowen with 10 points in the 1st, Embiid with 11. Butler and MCW with a few fast break dunks and Perkins with a 3. It's amazing how his jump shooting ability really opens up things down low for Embiid. It's totally different than when Noel was playing PF.

We start the 2nd quarter with Noel at C, Perkins at PF, GF (Greek Freak) at SF, Butler at SG, and Cowen at PG.

48 seconds: Cowen with a steal, breakaway.. he is all alone... he takes it under the leg and does a super flashy dunk! 65-42 lead.

Cowen with 23 points and 6 assists at the half!

Embiid with 13 points and 13 boards at halftime.

10:30 -

Cowen lets Kim by him for an easy layup... he responds by beating Kim off the dribble and dunking over Favors!!

7:37 - Cowen with a sick reverse baseline layup. He has 31 points. We are up 77-57.

5:30 - Butler suffers a minor back injury. GF into the game.

Cowen has the offense operating at a VERY high efficiency rate.

At the end of 3, we are up 94-72.

8:30 - Robinson has only been in for a minute but Cowen and him have a highlight moment as Cowen feeds a perfect pass to lead him along the baseline for a monster reverse dunk.

6:00 - We empty our bench with a 111-77 lead.

Our lineup now: Turner, Bazja, Robinson, Grant, and Moultrie.

We cruise to a 126-86 win!

I guess my fears that All-Star was too difficult for me (I only moved up recently) might be unfounded. Now, that I have talent, I can see this team being very hard to beat.

Cowen was the player of the game with 41 points, 14 assists, 4 boards, 2 steals, and only 1 turnover. He shot 17 of 24, 1 of 3 from the arc, and 6 of 8 from the line.

Embiid with 17 points, 14 boards, and 2 blocks. He shot 7 of 13 and 3 of 5 from the line.

MCW with 13 points, 7 assists, 2 boards, 3 steals, and 2 blocks. He shot 6 of 9, 1 of 2 from the arc.

Perkins with 11 points, 9 boards, 1 assist, and 2 blocks. He shot 4 of 5, 3 of 4 from the arc.

Greek Freak with 11 points, 2 boards, 2 assists, and 1 steal. He shot 5 of 10, 1 of 4 from the arc.

Robinson with 10 points, 7 boards, 3 assists, and 1 steal in just 11 minutes. He shot 4 of 8, 0 of 1, and 2 of 2.

Turner with 8 points and 2 assists in 12 minutes.

Butler with 7 points, 6 assists, 3 boards, 1 steal, and 1 block in 31 minutes. He shot 2 of 4.

Noel with 5 points, 7 boards, and a block.

Bazja with 3 points.

Cowen held Kim to 1 of 11 shooting.

MCW helped hold Exum to 5 of 15 shooting.

Hayward led the team with 19 points as he beat Butler and company repeatedly.

Favors with 11 points and 10 boards. Perkins defense is weak when he doesn't block a shot. Love that offense though.

4-0 and feeling good as a team.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:13 AM   #115
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We are 4-0 and now we face the 3-0 Raptors at their place. Can we win the sim game? I think so. The Raptors lost Lowry and are favored as they start a young rookie PG, Jacob Bosh who is only rated 67. The rest of their team is intact.

With the injury to Butler, he will move into a backup role with less minutes. Tough choice, but the Greek Freak will start.

We started off slow with Cowen missing shots and we never recovered.

They were up by 25 or more most of the game until we closed the gap late.

We lose 106-89. Disappointing.

Cowen had a terrible night shooting 1 of 15. He finished with 11 points, 7 assists, 2 boards, 1 steal, and 1 block.

Embiid with 26 points, 9 boards, 2 steals, and 2 blocks.

MCW with 12 points, 9 boards, 6 assists, and 1 steal. He shot 5 of 14.

Turner with 11 points and 8 boards.

Noel with 10 points, 8 boards, and 3 blocks.

Robinson with 10 points, 11 boards, 3 assists, and 1 steal in 24 minutes. He shot 3 of 13.

Perkins shot 2 of 8, 0 of 3 from the arc as he finished with 4 points, 4 boards, and 3 blocks.

Butler with 4 points, 1 board, 1 assist, and 2 steals in 20 minutes off the bench.

GF had 2 points, 5 boards, 2 assists, and a steal in 29 minutes. He shot 1 of 7.

11/10 -

We travel to Miami to play the rebuilt Heat who are very impressive:

PG Shabazz Napier (84)
SG Harden (91)
SF James Ennis (73)
PF Frederic Perben (82 - came in highest rated player but not much room for growth I think)
C Chris Bosh (75)

PG Jerryd Bayless (78)
SG Allen Crabbe (77)
SF Luol Deng (71)

Holloway, my former player, is up a to 82 rating. The Celtics offer him and Bert Williams (the top C in this draft) for Embiid. I turn them down.

The Miami game is back and forth with neither side taking control, until we put up a 40 point 4th quarter for a 108-88 win!

Cowen caught fire in the 4th and took it over. He finished with 30 points, 9 assists, 5 boards, 2 steals, and 3 turnovers. He shot 10 of 17, 5 of 9 from the arc, and 5 of 6 from the line.

Embiid with 15 points, 15 boards, 1 assist, and 3 blocks.

MCW with 15 points, 10 assists, 5 boards, 5 steals, and 2 turnovers. He shot 5 of 12.

Noel with 15 points, 7 boards, and 3 blocks.

Robinson with 14 points, 4 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals, and a block in 20 minutes. He shot 6 of 9.

Perkins with 10 points, 4 boars, 2 assists, and 2 blocks. He shot 4 of 9, 2 of 4 from the arc.

GF finished with 5 points, 2 boards, and 2 assists. He shot 2 of 4.

Butler with 4 points, 4 boards, and 2 assists in 19 minutes.

Turner did nothing in 22 minutes. Zero stat line.

We are now 5-1 and face the 3-2 Knicks at our place.

We are favored. A look at their lineup:

PG Shane Larkin (78)
SG Tim Hardaway Jr. (81)
SF Carmelo (89)
PF Chase Morgan (73)
C Marc Gasol (78)

SF Corey Brewer (73)
SF Iggy! (70)
PG Albert Keller (66)
C Kendrick Perkins (66)
PF Uros Bilic (56)

SG Iman Shumpert is injured but is a 80 when he is healthy.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:50 AM   #116
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Not our best 1st quarter as Cowen is missing shots and Embiid got tired early.

We are up 20-19 at the end of 1 as our defense is solid.

At the half, we are up 48-42 but our starters are very tired. I need to work in my bench more in the 2nd.

Embiid leads us with 10 points and 10 boards at the half.

Cowen with 8 points and 5 assists.

Perkins with 8 points at the half.

Our offense suffers as I rest Embiid and Perkins early in the 3rd and they close the gap. Tied at 55 with 7:33 to go.

And then Cowen goes off! Taking over the game with 10 straight points.

His play helps us explode to a 19 point lead.

We lead 83-65 at the end of 3.

Embiid with a block... starts a fastbreak.. MCW to Robinson for a flashy alley-oop.

Robinson with a pair of corner 3's after that. Wow.

That is just the start as our offense clicks all over.

Blowout victory, 116-84.

Cowen is the player of the game with 27 points, 10 assists, 2 boards, 2 steals, and 2 turnovers. He shot 10 of 16, 0 of 0 from the arc, and 7 of 7 from the line. He is a great FT shooter.

Tuern with 18 points on 8 of 11 shooting.

Embiid with 17 points, 13 boards, 2 assists, and a block. He shot 5 of 7 and 7 of 9 from the line.

Robinson with 11 points, 4 boards, 3 assists. He shot 4 of 5 including 2 of 2 from the arc and 1 of 2 from the line.

Butler with 11 points, 2 boards, 2 assists, and a steal. He shot 5 of 7.

GF with 10 points, 5 boards, 2 assists, and a steal. He shot 4 of 11, 2 of 4 from the arc.

Perkins with 8 points, 6 boards, 1 steal, and 1 block. He shot 3 of 7, 1 of 2 from the arc, and 1 of 1 from the line.

Noel with 7 points, 9 boards, and a block. He shot 3 of 8 and 1 of 6 from the line.

MCW with 6 points, 5 boards, 6 assists, and 1 block. He shot 3 of 9. He had 3 turnovers too.

Moultrie with 3 boards in 9 minutes.

Carmelo led them with 32 points, 6 boards, and 2 assists. He shot 12 of 26.

Gasol was the only other player in double digits with 13 points and 8 boards.

Larkin was held to 3 of 10 shooting.

Hardaway was held to 2 of 8.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:03 AM   #117
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

11/14 -

We host the Wizards. They are 2-4 and we already beat them once. We are favored to win again.

We start off the 1st quarter with a 30-18 lead but our offense falls apart a bit after that. The Wizards outscore us 30-17 in the 2nd quarter and 28-22 in the 3rd.

They cruise to a 100-88 win. Surprising loss in which we just didn't hit shots. Perkins and Robinson both had a rough night shooting.

Embiid led us with 20 points, 7 boards. He shot 9 of 18.
MCW with 16 points and 5 assists. He shot 6 of 11.

Cowen shot 4 of 12 and finished with 14 points, 7 assists, and 2 steals.

Noel with 10 points, 11 boards, and 1 block on 5 of 5 shooting.

Perkins with 8 points, 7 boards, and 2 assists. He shot 4 of 12 and 0 of 2 from the arc.

Robinson shot 2 of 12 and finished with 6 points, 3 boards, 3 assists, and 1 steal.

Butler with 6 points, 3 boards, and 3 assists in limited minutes (19)

GF with 6 points, 6 assists, and 3 boards in just 21 minutes.

Turner with 2 points and 6 boards.

11/16 -

We are now 6-2 and we are facing the Bulls who are a surprising 6-2. Even more surprising, the Bulls are favored by the experts to win this game. I like our chances. Here is their starting 5:

PG Rose (87)
SG Stauskas (81)
SF Tony Snell (76)
PF Khris Middleton (77)
C Noah (76)

Rookie SG Nelson Williamson leads their bench (79)
PG Shelvin Mack (73)
SF Dillon Hubbard (72)
SF Henry McLeod (70)

The game is back and forth throughout.

In the 1st, we outscore them 23-21.

We outscore them 20-18 in the 2nd.

In the 3rd, they take the lead with a 33 point 3rd quarter.

In the 4th, their are 7 lead changes but Rose hits a buzzer beater for a 95-94 win.

Embiid led us with 19 points and 7 boards. He shot 7 of 15 and 5 of 6 from the line.

Cowen with 13 points, 10 assists, 3 boards, 2 steals, and 4 turnovers. He shot 5 of 15.

Perkins with 13 points and 5 boards. He shot a perfect 5 of 5 and 1 of 1 from the arc, and 2 of 2 from the line.

MCW with 12 points, 6 assists, 4 boards, and 1 steal. He shot 4 of 7.

Turner with 9 points.

GF with 9 points, 4 boards, 1 assist, and 2 blocks. He shot a perfect 4 of 4.

Butler is feeling better and he finished with 9 points, 6 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks in 24 minutes.

Robinson shot 3 of 13 and finished with 6 points, 5 boards, and 1 assist. He won't start anymore. Not quite ready. Butler is almost 100% and will move back to starting SF.

Rose led the Bulls with 31 points and 5 assists. HE shot 13 of 24 and 4 of 5 from the line.

Snell added 22 points. Stauskas with 19 points.

We are now 6-3 and our next game is at home versus the very talented Thunder. They have the best roster in the league but we are favored... so odd..

PF Westbrook (87)
SG Lamb (81)
SF Durant (98)
PF Ibaka (87)
C Adams (81)

PG Elfrid Payton (80)
PF McGary (77)
SG Morrow (73)
PG Robert Pope (71)
SG Brevin Winston (68)
PG Brandon Hardaway (67)
PF Channing Frye (67)
SF Danny Granger (65)
Old 03-01-2015, 08:02 AM   #118
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Cowen gets upon from a screen and has a 46 inch vertical on a monster dunk! We are up 14-12. They are dominating the boards early. Embiid is tired. Noel into the game. MCW with some early points and assists but he is expending a lot of energy. Cowen to PG and Butler into the game for his defense...

Durant is torching Robinson. They lead 21-17.

At the end of 1, we are down 27-22.

Durant and Westbrook each have 7.

Cowen with 8. MCW with 4 points and 4 assists.

Early in the 2nd, Cowen lands funny on a jump shot and his ankle is bothering him. I pull him out.

We are going with MCW, Butler, Greek Freak, Perkins, and Embiid now.

They built a 10 point lead before Perkins hit a pair of 3's and Greek Freak got a breakaway dunk that really ignited our crowd!

4:20 in the half - We are down 44-41 as MCW needs a break. So does Embiid and Perkins (who has come alive with 10 points this quarter.) We go with Cowen, Butler, Turner, Robinson, and Noel.

Cowen's ankle is bothering him.. he tries to lay it up instead of dunking and misses an open lay-up. Ouch.

They have a 9-0 run to end the half.

We are down 54-47.

Ibaka with 14 points and 9 boards. Adams with 9 boards. Durant with 13 points.

MCW leads us with 5 assists. Cowen with 12 points is our leader.

6:12 - Cowen gets a 5 foul on Adams. Maybe, we can get back into it by attacking their interior. We are down 74-63 as Durant is tearing it up.

6:04 - We get a 5th foul on Ibaka!

44 seconds left in the 3rd: Noel with a nice move to get a 6th foul on Ibaka! We are down 88-77.

We are down 90-78 at the end of 3. Durant with 28 points. Westbrook with 20.

9:20 - We get Adams to foul out on a strong move by Butler. We are down 94-80 as Durant continues to make shots.

7:30 - We've cut the lead a bit. 96-88 as we go with Cowen, Turner, GF, Perkins, and a slightly tired Embiid...

Embiid going against Channing Frye and he has been doing work early this quarter...

We cut the lead to 6 and then Frye hits a pair of 3's.

Westbrook is torching a slightly gimpy Cowen. We try some zone.

Their shooters are beating the zone. We get MCW in to cover Westbrook.

Cowens missing his shots. Down 107-96 with 4 minutes to go.

2:38 - Westbrook steals it from Cowen and takes it all the way for a monster dunk. 112-102.

That takes the steam out of our final comeback attempt.

They keep pouring it on with the 3's to make sure there is no doubt.

We lose 121-104 at home.

Durant is the player of the game with 38 points, 7 boards, and 4 assists. He shot 15 of 24 including 4 of 5 from the arc.

Westbrook with 30 points, 8 assists, 4 boards, and 2 steals. He shot 8 of 22.

McGary with 17 points and 13 boards.

Ibaka with 16 points, 10 boards, and 2 blocks.

Cowen led us with 24 points, 6 boards, 3 assists, and 1 steal. He shot 8 of 22 and 8 of 8 from the line.

Embiid with 16 points, 11 boards, 3 assists, and a block. He shot 6 of 12 and 4 of 4 from the line.

Butler with 15 points, 4 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block in his biggest minutes of the season (36)

Perkins with 12 points, 8 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, and a block. He shot 4 of 8 and 3 of 4 from the arc.

GF with 11 points and 2 boards.

Noel with 10 points, 6 boards, and a block.

MCW with 10 points and 12 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 3 of 7.

Robinson with 4 points, 4 boards, 3 assists, and a steal in 27 minutes. He shot 2 of 6.

Moultrie played 10 minutes and had 1 board and 2 turnovers.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:11 AM   #119
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

11/22 -

We had 3 days off and Cowen's ankle is feeling much better.

Now, we host the Spurs who are 1-10 and finally in full rebuilding mode. Their starting 5:

Rookie PG Marvin Banks (66), SG Tony Wroten (74), SF Tobias Harris (78), PF Kenneth Faried (82), and C Dwight Howard (88)

PF Kyle Andersen (79) SF Scott Byrd (70) lead their bench.

No surprise as we jump to a big lead and never look back.

We win the game 108-84.

MCW led the way with 29 points, 5 boards, 5 assists, 4 steals and 3 turnovers. He shot 12 of 20.

Cowen with 27 points, 8 assists, 5 boards, 1 steal, and 1 block. He shot 10 of 16 and 5 of 5 from the line.

Rbinson with 14 points, 5 boards, 5 assists, and a steal.

Embiid with 11 point, 10 boards, and 2 blocks.

Perkins with 7 points, 5 boards, and 2 assists.

Butler with 7 points, 5 boards, 5 assists, and 2 steals in 20 minutes.

GF with 2 points and 5 assists.

Noel with 5 points and 8 boards.

Dwight led them with 15 points and 12 boards.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:57 AM   #120
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

11/24 -

We host the Pacers who are 6-5 with a roster that isn't as highly rated as ours. We are 7-4 and are favored.

Their starting 5 has one of our old players:

PG Darren Collison (80)
SG Gerald Henderson (79)
SF Paul George (89)
PF Lavoy Allen (71)
C Ian Mahinmi (74)

Their bench is led by their former starter:

Roy Hibbert (72)
PG George Hill (70)
SG Jason Butler (70)
SF Dorrell Wright (70)
SG Jordan Crawford (74)
PF Pau Gasol (67)

Wow. Our shooters are off early and build a big hole for us. Our better talent helps us come back to take a late lead, but a jumper by Collison at the buzzer gives them a 108-107 win.

Embiid led us with 25 points, 13 boards, and 2 blocks.

Cowen with 18 points, 9 assists, 4 boards, and 3 steals. He shot 6 of 12.

Perkins with 13 points, 5 boards, 1 assist, and 1 block.

MCW with 12 points, 9 boards, and 9 assists.

Noel with 11 points, 8 boards, and a block.

Robinson had a rough game and is in danger of losing his starting role. He shot 3 of 9.

GF with 4 points, 3 boards, and 1 assist in 22 minutes.

Butler with 9 points, 5 boards, 2 assists in 22 minutes. I'm going to move him back into the starting lineup at SF..

11/25 -

We travel to Detroit. They are 3-7 and are strugglingwhich is a bit of surprise. They have nice talent except at SF:

PG Jennings (82)
SG Caldwell-Pope (78)
SF Jae Crowder (73)
PF Paul Millsap (82)
C Andre Drummond (87)

PF Jarnell Stokes (79)
PG Isaiah Canann (76)
SF Sergey Karasev (70)
SG MArcus Thornton (66)

PG Jordan Clarkson is injured and won't play (77)
Old 03-02-2015, 09:29 AM   #121
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

At the last minute in shoot around, Robinson's shot convinces us to start him 1 more game. But, he will have a short leash...

Robinson with a quick 3 (off a MCW assist) and then a fastbreak dunk and the foul. Quick 8-2 lead.

6:00 - We've been running and guys are tiring. MCW, Perkins and Embiid with a breather. Butler, Motrie, and Noel into the game.

Butler with a pair of 3's. Crowder hitting several 3's to get them back into it.

At the end of 1, we are up 29-26.

I decide to get Grant in for a few and he starts off the 2nd with a steal and breakaway dunk that showed incredible elevation and style. 31-26.

Grant picks up 3 quick fouls but I leave him out there for his energy...

Cowen is just LETHAL in the transition game. He is turning it on now but their 3 point shooters are keeping them with us.

They hit a pair of 3's to end the half and give them the lead, 61-55 at the end of the half.

MCW has 4 assists and 5 points.

Cowen with 17 points and 2 assists to lead all scorers.

Butler, Grant, Embiid, and Robinson with 6 points each.

Crowder leads them with 16 points. He is killing us from 3's and Robinson has to challenge him better or Butler will be in at SF...

MCW shutting down Jennings who is 0 of 6.

Cowen with a steal and breakaway dunk to start the 2nd half!

Cowen with a big 3rd quarter on both ends to help us build the lead, 86-79.

As I hoped, we tire them out in the 4th and go on a big run with our rested athletic wing players making plays. We build a 105-85 lead before I pull my starters with 3 minutes to go.

We win the game 113-97.

Cowen was the player of the game with 30 points, 8 assists, 2 steals, and 4 turnovers. He shot 9 of 13, 2 of 4 from the arc, and 10 of 10 from the line.

Embiid with 14 points, 11 boards, 3 blocks. He shot 6 of 8 and 2 of 2 from the line.

MCW with 13 points, 7 assists, 2 boards, 2 steals, and 2 blocks. He shot 5 of 8.

Butler with 12 points, 2 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 2 blocks. He shot 4 of 8.

Perkins with 11 points, 6 boards, 2 assists, and a block. He shot 3 of 6 and 2 of 2 from the arc.

GF with 10 points, 4 boards, and 1 assist in 17 minutes.

Robinson with 10 points, 7 boards, 7 assists, and 1 steal in 30 minutes.

Noel with 7 points, 7 boards, and a block. He only played 18 minutes tonight.

Grant with 6 points in 6 minutes.

Rod Cowens with 3 points and a board in his 3 minutes of action.

Moultrie with 6 boards and a block in 18 minutes.

Robinson and Butler shut down Crowder in the 2nd half and he only finished with 18 points.

Caldwell-Pope led them with 21.

Drummond was held to 12 points and 9 boards by Embiid.

Jennings was held to 4 of 18 shooting for 12 points and 3 assists.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-02-2015 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:44 AM   #122
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

11/27 -

We host the Kings who are 1-12. We are heavily favored. Their starting 5 isn't bad but they have zero depth:

PG Rubio (83)
SG Ben MCLemore (82)
SF Doug McDermott (80)
PF Taj Gibson (72)
C DeMarcus Cousins (89)

Their only bench player over a 70 is PG Ivan Bagaric (76)

SF Lowell Morrison (70)
PF Cameron Bairstow (70)
C Victor Faverani (70)
SG Louis Williams (70)

They hang around for 3 quarters but our depth wears them out and we finish with a 35-15 4th quarter for a 111-90 win.

Cowens led the way with 30 points, 8 assists, 4 boards, and 4 turnovers. He shot 11 of 17 and 8 of 9 from the line. He is shooting over 90% from the line this year.

Embiid with 22 points, 12 boards, and 2 blocks.

MCW with 15 points, 7 boards, 7 assists, and a steal.

Perkins with 12 points, 5 boards, and 3 assists. He shot 2 of 4 from the arc. He is shooting over 50% from the arc this year.

Robinson with 10 points, 3 board, 2 assists, and a block. He hit all of his shots this game.

Butler with 8 points, 4 boards, 4 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block in 23 minutes.

GF with 6 points, 2 boards, and 1 assist in 20 minutes.

Noel with 4 points, 10 boards, and 5 blocks in the win.

Turner with 5 points, 7 boards, and 4 assists in 19 minutes.

11/29 -

We travel to play the Magic who are led by Kevin Love but struggling a bit with minor injuries. They are 6-5 and we are favored.

Their starting 5:

PG Harry Bradshaw (79)
SG Oladipo (83)
SF Evan Fournier (78)
PF Kevin Love (90)
C Nikola Vucevic (77)

PF Aaron Gordon leads their bench with a 85 rating and he is reportedly tired of being a bench player...

The rest of the bench:

PF Andrew Nicholson (77)
C Gene Townsend (74) - was a high pick and isn't panning out...

PG Peja Jeremic (71)
PF Vladmir Stojic (72 - my former 2nd round pick)
SG Pete Little (69)

Cowen had a horrible 1st quarter and we got into a big hole, 30-15.

We never could recover as Cowen was completely ice cold this game. 60-38 deficit at halftime

96-76 loss for the game.

Robinson led us with 15 points and 7 boards.

Cowen with 9 points, 7 assists, 4 boards, and 3 steals. He shot 3 of 15.

Embiid with 14 points, 10 boards, and a block.

Noel with 10 points, 9 boards, and 2 blocks.

Butler with 9 points, 3 boards, 3 steals, and 2 assists.

GF shot 0 of 8 this game.

Turner shot 0 of 6.

Love led the Magic with 21 points, 13 boards, and a block. He shot a very efficient 4 of 8, 3 of 5, and 10 of 11 from the line.

Bradshaw added 20 points and 4 assists. He shot 8 of 13.

Oladipo with 17 points on 7 of 12 shooting.

Vucevic added 12 points and 7 boards.

Gordon with 12 points and 7 boards in 28 minutes off the bench.

After the game, The Lakers offer me 2 1st round picks and Ed Davis (79 rated PF) for Perkins! It is slightly tempting but I think Perkins is going to be a huge offensive weapon for me for years. I decline.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:02 AM   #123
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Speaking of young exciting players. Here is the first look at the upcoming college players:

There is no conensus #1 so far this year. Here are the top 10 based on the NBA.com big board:

SF Cedric Blackwell is a 6'8 215 pound SF from Iowa State. He is 22 and is a highly polished prospect who has some nice athleticism, shot, and some post moves. He is averaging 26 ppg and 10 rpg this year.

SF Tayfur Mansiz from Turkey is a 6'6 230 pound SF who is 21 years old and is a skilled dunker who can really dribble well. Our staff thinks he has the best potential at this point...

SF Luka Golob is a 6'7 240 pound SF from Slovenia who is the best pure shooter in this draft per our scouts. He is only 19 and has a lot of room to mature.

Lonnie Hart is a 6'5 210 pound SG for Wake Forest who is only 19. HE can play some point guard and is a very good finisher. His shot is a bit raw and his defense is bad. He is averaging 24 ppg and 7 apg.

Mitchell Brooks is 6'1 165 and is 21 years old. He plays for WVU and he is the best pure PG. He is averaging 20 ppg and 10 apg.

Will Osborne is a 6'7 290 pound PF for Connecticut. He has a nice array of post moves and is a good rebounder. His conditioning is a concern and our staff thinks his knee might be an issue. Will that cause him to drop?

Sergio Diaz is a 20 year old SG from Mexico who is a good shooter. He is averaging 25 ppg.

Sasa Cop is a 6'9 240 pound PF from Slovenia who is a pure athlete. His skills are raw but he can jump out of the gym and uses his size well. He is averaging 19 ppg and 9 rpg. He is 21 years old.

SG Jack Lambert from George Washington is 20 years old and 6'6 200 pounds. He gets pushed around on the floor but he has a nice shot.

SG Leslie O'Connor is a 20 year old SG form Mississippi who is 6'5 208 and is a very good athlete. His shot is raw at this point. He is averaging 17 ppg and 3 apg.

The best big man and my main target:

PF/C Shane Wells is projected to go anywhere from 10 to 22nd. He is a 22 year old who plays for Oklahoma. He has some nice post moves and can play defense. He is an ok rebounder. He is averaging 18.5 ppg, 9 rpg, and 2.1 bpg.

The other big man who is projected to go anywhere from 15th to 30th: Walt Chase who plays for a Community College in California. The 20 year old is 7'0 250 and is mostly a rebounder and big body. He is averaging 9 ppg and 9 rpg.

Players of the Month:

LeBron in the East and Durant in the West.

Rookies of the Month:

PF Frederic Perben in the East is averaging almost 20 ppg immediately for the Heat. He is shooting over 50%. While I like his game and was tempted, I'm glad I got Perkins ability to stretch the floor.

SG Alex Long in the West. The 20 year old is hitting big shots for the Mavs and averaging 15 ppg.

We are now 9-6.

Our net game is against the Pelicans who are 1-15 after losing Davis to free agency. Their starting 5:

PG Austin Rivers (77)
SG Russ Smith (77)
SF Tyreke Evans (77)
PF Jack Parker (74)
C Jeff Withey (72)

SG J.R. Smith (75)
SF Shabazz Muhammad (73)
PG Brian Roberts (72)
PG Nate Wolters (71)
PF Ryan Anderson (70)
Old 03-02-2015, 12:04 PM   #124
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

After a slow start, Cowen slips his man and MCW threads a beautiful alley-oop! 20-12 lead for us.

We had a big lead but when Embiid and MCW rested, they closed the gap. Still we are up 26-23 at the end of 1.

We've had a few games in a few nights and our guys are getting tired. I'm rotating more as a result. We are tied at 42 late in the 2nd quarter due to some sloppy plays from our bigs.

I bring in Grant for some energy and MCW steals it and finds Grant for a fantastic alley-oop!

At halftime, we lead 47-46.

Cowen leads the way with 12 points. MCW with 6 assists. Embiid with 6 boards.

Withey is doing well for them with 9 boards.

3rd quarter - Cowen and Perkins running pick and roll perfectly. Perkins showing some monster dunks when he gets the chance...

They call time as we build a 73-63 lead.

Cowen to Grant for a monster 360 dunk!

Grant with a big quarter! Perkins also scoring a bunch as we rested Embiid and Noel for a large stretch of the quarter.

We are up 83-70 at the end of 3.

We start our strong in the 4th and put the game away. 25 point lead with 5 minutes to go. We pull our starters with a 102-82 lead and 3 minutes to go.

We win the game 102-89.

Embiid is the player of the game with 22 points, 14 boards, 1 assist, and 2 blocks. HE shot 9 of 10 and 4 of 5 from the line.

Cowen with 19 points, 10 assists, 3 boards, 1 steal, and 1 turnover. He shot 5 of 18, 0 of 4, and 9 of 10 from the line.

Grant with 13 points, 3 boards, and a steal. He shot 5 of 8.

MCW with 12 points, 11 assists, 3 boards, and 1 steal. He also had 2 turnovers. He shot 6 of 8.

Butler with 11 points, 4 boards, 3 assists, and a steal in 22 minutes.

Perkins with 11 points, 4 boards, 2 assists, and a block. HE shot 5 of 11, 1 of 4 from the arc, and 0 of 2 from the line. Usually, he shoots 90% from the line...

Noel with 6 points, 3 boards, and 2 blocks in 19 minutes.

Turner with 6 points, 7 boards, and 2 assists.

Robinson with 2 points, 6 boards, 3 assists, and 2 turnovers.

GF with 0 points, 3 boards, and 1 assist. He shot 0 of 5.

Moultrie with 7 boards in 15 minutes.

Russ Smith led the Pelicans with 18 points and 4 boards.

Evans with 13 points on 5 of 22 shooting.

Rivers with 13 points and 3 assists.

Withey had 12 boards and 4 points.

We are now 10-6

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-02-2015 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:15 PM   #125
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

12/3 -

We travel to play Golden State. They are 13-3 despite injuries hurting their stars. Stephen Curry is out with a hand fracture. As a result, we are favored.

Klay Thompson keeps them in it for 3 quarters, but in the 4th, we outscore them 28-10 to seal the win. 98-81 win.

Cowen led the way with 23 points, 5 assists, 3 boards, and 3 steals. HE shot 10 of 13, 3 of 5.

Robinson with 13 points, 6 boards, 1 steal, and 1 block.

Perkins with 11 points, 9 boards, and 1 asssit.

Embiid with 10 points, 9 boards, and 2 blocks.

MCW with 10 points, 8 assists, 4 boards, and 2 steals.

GF with 9 points and 2 boards.

Noel with 6 points, 6 boards, and 2 blocks.

Butler got hurt in the game but he finished with 5 points and 8 boards. He has a sprained toe and will play through it.

12/5 -

We travel to play the Clippers. They have injuries to Chris Paul (severe ankle sprain) and Spencer Hawes (broken leg.) They are struggling as a result, especially since Blake left (although he is out with a broken ankle too.) They are 5-12. We are favored. They are led by Tony Parker (79)

They hang around for 3 quarters but our depth pulls away in the 4th.

113-96 win. Cowen led the way with a triple double - 30 points, 10 boards, 10 assists, 4 steals, and 1 block. He shot 13 of 20, 2 of 3, and 2 of 2.

Perkins added a career high 26 points, 10 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals, and a block. He shot 7 of 13, 2 of 4 from the arc, and 10 of 10 from the line.

MCW with 17 points, 7 boards, 6 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 7 of 14.

Robinson with 11 points, 7 boards, 4 assists. He shot 4 of 8.

Embiid with 10 points, 12 boards, and 3 blocks. He shot 5 of 13.

Turner with 5 points and 5 assists.

Noel with 5 points, 7 boards, and a block in 26 minutes.

GF with 4 points, 2 boards, and 2 assists.

Butler with 3 points, 4 boards, and 4 assists along with 1 steal.

Our next game is at the Thunder who beat us 121-104 earlier. They should be tough as we are a tired team traveling to their arena... They have everyone healthy. They are favored.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:58 AM   #126
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Robinson going to work early to make Durant work on the defensive end. Robinson with 9 points in the 1st. Durant with 11 in the 1st. Both offenses executing at a high level. We are up 33-31 at the end of 1.

Embiid gets into foul trouble early in the 2nd but we keep him out there. They are breaking down our perimeter players on the dribble, particularly Westbrook who is drawing the fouls when Embiid tries to help on the interior.

Embiid with 4 fouls and he has to sit. We are up 49-46.

At halftime, it is tied at 61.

Westbrook with 20 points. Cowen leads our team with 16 points and 5 assists.

Early in the 3rd, Cowen starts knifing into their defense to draw fouls. He gets to the line and makes FT after FT...

Embiid fouls out with 8 minutes in the 3rd thanks to Westbrook and Ibaka. Embiid only played 15 minutes tonight...

Noel going to need to step up big and we'll also get creative with Perkins playing some C.

Speaking of Perkins, he hits a pair of 3's in the 3rd after a quiet 1st half. He also has a pump fake, sweet move, and a fantastic dunk. He can really throw it down.

We are up 92-90 at the end of 3.

In the 4th, our bigs are tired and Robinson even plays a bit of C for us...

We are shooting well and Cowen is making plays all over the court. Critical as we are getting outrebounded inside..

8 minutes left and Noel is tired but returns to lead us down the stretch...

Moultrie with a few critical minutes and gets us some boards.

1:30 - We are up 120-117... MCW finds Cowen in the corner... he shoots... and misses the 3.

Ibaka with the board and they get it to Westbrook who beats everyone for a breakaway dunk.

52 seconds left: MCW to Cowen in the corner... he finds Perkins for an open look at the 3 point line.. Perkins shoots and swishes!

34 seconds left: Durant finds Westbrook for a straight away 3.. he swishes it. We lead 123-122.

16 seconds: MCW finds Cowen for an open elbow jumper... he shoots it... it is long. Durant with the board and they call time out.

7 seconds left: Cowen steals it from Westbrook! They have to foul Cowen... 92% FT shooter... He bangs home both of them.

Robinson into the game and he bothers Durant's 3 which is long! We win 125-122!

Cowen is the player of the game. He had 33 points, 12 assists, 3 boards, 2 steals, and only 2 turnovers. He shot 8 of 18 and 17 of 17 from the line.

Robinson with 18 points, 7 boards, 5 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block. HE played 35 minutes for us and covered the 3, 4, and 5 positions... huge!

Perkins with 15 points, 8 boards, 2 steals, and 2 blocks. He played 28 minutes at PF and C. He finished with 6 of 10 shooting, 3 of 5 from the arc.

GF with 14 points on 5 of 6 shooting in 22 minutes.

Noel with 9 points, 10 boards, 3 assists, and 2 blocks in 29 minutes.

Butler was hurt but he played 16 minutes and had 8 points and 3 boards.

Grant with 7 points and 3 boards in 12 minutes.

Turner with 7 points in 25 minutes.

Embiid with 6 points, 4 boards, and a block in 15 minutes.

MCW with 4 points, 7 assists, and 2 boards.

Moultrie with 4 points and 7 boards in 16 minutes.

Westbrook led the Thunder with 38 points, 7 boards, and 4 assists. He shot 14 of 21, 5 of 7 from the arc, and 5 of 5 from the line.

Durant with 28 points, 8 boards, and 5 assists. He shot 10 of 28.

McGary with 16 points and 8 boards as he dominated our smaller bigs.

IBaka with 10 points and 6 boards. He went more against Noel and Embiid.

Payton with 8 points and 5 assists in 19 minutes.

Lamb with 7 points on 3 of 12 shooting. Cowen played him the most...
Old 03-12-2015, 10:11 AM   #127
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

12/8 -

WE host the Pistons who are 5-11. We beat them 116-99 earlier in the year...

We win every quarter by a few points to cruie to a 116-100 win.

Unfortunately, Robinson hurts his ankle in the game and he will miss a few weeks.

Cowen led us with 31 points, 10 assists, 6 steals, 5 boards, and 2 turnovers. He shot 13 of 20.

Noel wtih 20 points, 10 boards, and 3 blocks.

Robinson with 18 points, 4 boards, and 3 assists before he got hurt.

MCW with 18 points and 9 assists. He shot an efficient 7 of 12.

Embiid with 14 points, 13 boards, and 3 blocks.

Perkins with an off night in which he shot 2 of 10. HE finished with 7 points, 5 boards, and an assist.

GF with 7 points and 7 boards in 25 minutes.

Turner with 1 points, 11 boards, and 2 assists.

Wow. Robinson is feeling tough and can play through the injury. I'm going to rest him for at least a week to let him recover some of the way. Then, maybe we'll work him back for limited minutes. The Greek Freak will move into the starting lineup.

12/11 -

We host the Nuggets who are 9-11. We are favored to win.

WOW. Both teams come out running and gunning for a very entertaining 1st half. We take 44-38 lead by the end of the 1st!

Our defense clamps down in the 2nd but our offense keeps running at full force! At halftime, we are up 83-60.

Our defense clamps down in the 3rd and we cruise to a 112-78 lead.

We win the game 143-102!

Cowen puts on a show! 35 points, 15 assists, 10 boards, 4 steals, and 3 turnovers. He is only in his 2nd year, but he is being mentioned as one of the top 5 players in the league.

Perkins shows that he is going to be a special player - 25 points, 12 boards, 3 assists, 3 steals, and 2 blocks in 30 minutes. He shot 7 of 14, 2 of 4 from the arc, and 9 of 10 from the line.

Embiid with 21 points, 10 boards, 1 assist, and 4 blocks.

Butler with 15 points, 5 boards, and 4 assists.

MCW with 14 points, 4 boards, 6 assists, and 1 steal.

Turner with 14 points, 7 boards, and 2 assists in 22 minutes off the bench.

Noel with 13 points, 11 boards, and 2 blocks.

GF with 6 points, 5 boards, and 4 assists in 27 minutes.

Grant with 3 boards and 0 of 2 shooting in 8 minutes.

Aldridge led them with 26 points and 20 boards. Ty Lawson added 19 points and 8 assists. Gallinari with 18 points.

12/12 - Back to back games as we travel to play Detroit. They are 5-14 and we are favored to beat them a 3rd straight time...
Old 03-12-2015, 01:02 PM   #128
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5:50 - Slow start for us but after falling behind 6-0, we are tied at 13. MCW take a breather and Butler comes in at SG with Cowen sliding to PG.

3:30 - Cowen with a sick move and then a dunk over Jennings. We are down 20-18.

That gets Cowen going and he makes his next 3 as well.

Cowen with 13 points on 5 of 5 shooting.

At the end of 1, we are down 25-24. Cowen with 13 points to lead us.

4:39 - Grant with a thunderous dunk over Millsap. We take a 42-33 lead on the 3 point play.

Halftime: We are up 51-40. Cowen with 20 points at the half. He is such a silky smooth scorer. He had one killer dribble, step back, easy floater.

GF with 7 boards to lead us.

Butler with 3 assists to lead us. MCW also with 3 assists.

Sloppy play in the 3rd lets Detroit right back into it. Jennings with a 16 point quarter I rested Cowen and MCW had trouble with his speed. We are up 78-77 at the end of 3 but Cowen is ready to come back into the game and relatively rested.

Cowen goes to work and keeps the lead for us but with 6 minutes he is gassed again. We are up 89-83.

They chip away but our role players and Embiid keeping us in the lead.

3:40 - We lead 95-93 after Crowder hits a nice 3.

MCW loses the ball and they get a breakaway dunk to tie it.

MCW misses a FT and they take a lead. Embiid with a FT to tie it at 97.

1:10 - Cowen with a great dribble into the lane and then a pass behind the back to set up Embiid for a dunk! 100-99 lead.

32 seconds: Embiid with a block at the other end sets up a big possession for us... we pass it around... pass it around... find Cowen for a corner 3... and the buzzer goes off just before he shoots. Change of possession on a shot clock violation.

Embiid forces a miss from Drummond and then gets the rebound. They foul Embiid with 11 seconds left... he misses the first... and misses the 2nd. Drummond with the board and they call time.

Cowen forces an off balance jumper by Jennings that is long! Grant with the board! Grant is fouled. Grant makes the first FT... and swishes the 2nd. 102-99 lead with 3 seconds left.

The desperation 3 misses and we secure the 102-99 win!

Cowen is the player of the game with 35 points, 5 assists, 3 boards, 2 steals, and 5 turnovers. He shot 12 of 20, 2 of 3, and 9 of 9 from the line.

MCW with 16 points, 4 assists, and 5 turnovers. He shot 6 of 12.

Butler with 14 points, 6 boards, and 6 assists. He shot 6 of 10.

Embiid with 8 point, 11 boards, and a block. He shot 2 of 6 and 4 of 10 from the line.

Noel with 8 points, 13 boards, 3 assists, and a block. He shot 3 of 8.

Grant with 7 points and 1 board in 8 minutes.

Perkins with a rough night. He shot 2 of 9, 1 of 2 from the arc. He finished with 5 points, 9 boards, and 1 assist.

GF with 5 points, 10 boards, 1 assists, 2 steals, and 3 blocks. He shot 2 of 8.

Turner with 4 points, 5 boards, and 1 assist.

Jennings led them with 28 points and 4 assists. He shot 10 of 25.

Caldwell-Pope shot 6 of 21.

Crowder had 15 points on 5 of 10 shooting.

We held Drummond to 5 points, 8 boards, 3 assists, and 2 blocks.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:22 PM   #129
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We are now 16-6. Our next game is on the 15th hosting the 8-14 Bucks.

Jabari Parker is a star and one of the best players in the game with a 90 overall rating, but they don't have much around him this year. Their next best player in the starting 5 is young PG Jim McDonald with a 75 overall rating. Of note, they have injuries to 3 of their normal starters right now...

Despite us having them outgunned, they hang in with tenacious defense.

With 2:30 to go, we are down 93-90.

Perkins misses a 3 and they get a quick basket on a great move by Parker on the other end. He has 30 points.

We close the gap to 95-92 but Parker feeds McDonald for a 3. 98-92.

We can't close the gap and we lose 100-94.

Parker is the player of the game with 33 points, 14 boards, and 3 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block. He shot 13 of 23, 2 of 5 from the arc, and 4 of 5 from the line.

McDonald with 19 points and 10 assists.

Cowen led us with a triple double - 26 points, 11 boards, 10 assists, 1 block, and 3 turnovers. He shot 9 of 20, 3 of 8, and 5 of 6.

Embiid with 19 points, 9 boards, and a block. He shot 7 of 14 and 5 of 8 from the line.

Perkins with 14 points, 4 boards, and 2 blocks. He shot 5 of 13, 2 of 7 from the arc, and 2 of 2 from the line.

Turner with 11 points, 3 boards, and 4 assists.

Butler with 10 points, 7 assists, and 3 boards.

Noel with 6 points, 7 boards, and 1 block.

MCW with 4 points, 4 boards, and 5 assists. He shot 2 of 15.

Grant with 4 points and 4 boards.

GF shot 0 of 6. He finished with 0 points, 6 boards, and 2 assists.

12/17 -

We travel to play the Nets. They are 11-13 and we are favored. This is our first meeting against their new starting 5:

PG Kemba Walker (84)
SG Joe Harris (75)
SF Bojan Bogdanovic (77)
PF Greg Monroe (83)
C Mason Plumlee (80)

PG Kyle Lowry (83) leads the bench.

C Brook Lopez is their first big off the bench. He is now rated 78 overall.

SG Nick Johnson adds a nice 3 point scorer with a 76 overall.

We come out fired up and jump to a big lead. We lead 56-46 at the half.

In the 3rd, we get very sloppy and they take the lead. The 4th is a run and gun affair as we fall on a buzzer beater jumper.

We lose 119-118 and the guys are stunned again.

Cowen led the way with 39 points, 6 boards, 5 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 16 of 32, 1 of 4 from the arc, and 6 of 6 from the line.

MCW with 20 points, 11 assists, 5 boards, and 2 steals. He shot 8 of 18.

Turner with 18 points, 5 boards, and 5 assists.

Embiid with 12 points, 6 boards, and 3 blocks.

Perkins with 12 points, 10 boards, 3 assists, 3 steals, and 2 blocks.

Noel with 6 points, 4 boards, and a block.

GF with 5 points, 5 boards, 3 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block.

Grant with 0 of 3 shooting. He finished with 2 boards.

Butler with 0 points on 0 of 7 shooting. He did finish with 5 boards, 5 assists, and 3 steals.

We are 16-8 and Robinson isn't nearly 100% yet, but he is pushing to get back out there. We'll use him in some limited minutes.

Our next game is the next night (12/18) against the Wizards at our place. We lost to them 100-88 earlier in the year and are determined to make up for that loss.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:58 PM   #130
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Philly needs to hire you.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:11 PM   #131
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
Philly needs to hire you.

LOL. I'd love that job.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:13 AM   #132
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st quarter:

We start out very sloppy with the ball and spot them a 6-0 lead on turnovers.

Cowens settles down and hits a quick 12 footer... then he blows by his man and dunks it. Then, he sets up MCW for a 10 foot jumper.

Tied at 6.

Washington hitting their 3's but we are hitting everything. We take a 18-15 lead midway through the quarter.

Defenses toughen up but we come out of the 1st with a 29-25 lead.

Cowen with 13 points in the 1st quarter.

Cowen tires early in the 2nd and has to sit for a while. MCW has a big quarter to keep our guard scoring going.

Beal and Wall are tearing us up on the other end.

We are up 56-55 at halftime.

Word just came that Melo dislocated his knee and will miss most of the rest of the season for the Knicks.

Cowen leads us with 13 points and 7 assists.

Wall has 22 points and 4 assists.

Cowen is having a very sloppy night trying to make too many fancy passes. Washington picking them off and getting easy baskets to build a 8 point lead.

We settle down a bit but their outside shooters are helping them keep their lead.

At the end of 3, we are down 82-77. Cowen has to become more consistent with his passing. We rest him and put back MCW.

6:31 - We've been chipping away at the lead with good ball decisions and touch defense. Turner gets into the lane for a dunk to give us our first lead in a long time, 94-93.

Wall beats Turner (who is playing a big of PG for us) off the dribble and gets an easy basket.

5:20 - Turner with a bad pass. We bring back a rested Cowen to finish this out.

Cowen misses a layup and they get a fastbreak basket the other way. Down 99-96.

Cowen with a behind the back dribble to trip up his man and get to the hoop for a dunk. He has 30 points.

Embiid misses a close post shot and they get a fastbreak in which Beal draws a foul.

Down 103-98 with 4 minutes to go...

Butler draws a foul but misses 2 FT's. We've missed a ton of FT's this game.

Cowen getting to the line and making FT's but Beal is scoring against Cowen too.

1:46 - After we finally get a stop, MCW with a nice move to get to the basket. Down 109-106.

Wall and Estrada with a pick and roll basket to Estrada.

GF misses an open 3 but Noel with the putback dunk.

Wall and Estrada with the pick and roll to perfection again. Down 113-108.

Cowen and Embiid with a pick and roll basket. Down 113-110 with 1 minute left.

We force a turnover! 26 seconds left... Cowen finds GF for an open look... he swishes the 3! Tied at 113.

Wall beats MCW off the dribble and hits a quick pull-up jumper.

We get Cowen open for a midrange 2... he shoots.. it is long. They get the rebound and pass it quickly to Wall up court. We foul but it is called clear path foul! He hits the FT's and they get the ball.

That finishes us off. Tough loss.

We lose 119-113.

Wall is the player of the game with 30 points and 7 assists.

Beal had 28 points in the win.

Estrada with 16 points and 9 boards.

Cowen with 34 points, 10 assists, 4 steals, 3 boards, and 8 turnovers. He shot 12 of 23, 2 of 3, and 8 of 9 from the line.

MCW with 19 points and 4 assists along with 1 steal and only 1 turnover.

Perkins with 18 points, 8 boards, and a block. He shot 6 of 13 and 5 of 6 from the line.

Noel with 8 points, 12 boards, 2 assists, and a block.

Embiid with 8 points, 8 boards, and 2 blocks. He was 0 of 6 from the line today.

Turner with 8 points and 3 assists.

Butler with 7 points, 6 assists, 2 steals. He shot 1 of 7 from the line.

GF with 6 points, 4 boards, and 1 assist in 30 minutes starting.

Grant with 5 points in 6 minutes off the bench.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:50 AM   #133
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Some big news: An unexpected 4th patch is out that reportedly addresses regression issues but supposedly only in new careers. It also has some gameplay changes but no patch notes out yet...

I thought about it for a few hours, but I'm continuing this career. Even if players do start regressing a bit too early, I want to see what happens to this starting 5 which I think could challenge for 70 wins once Perkins and Robinson develop a bit more.

12/20 -

We host the Celtics who are 7-15. This is our first game against them this year. Their starting 5:

PG Marcus Smart (84)
SG Clifford Holland (77)
SF Kawhi Leonard (83) - regression starting to hit him a bit.
PF Jared Sullinger (82)
C Kelly Olynyk (76)

My former PF Craig Holloway leads their bench with an 81 overall rating.

PG O.J. Gill is also an 81.

SG Avery Bradley (81) complements a strong bench.

SF James Young (78) is a solid shooter.

PF Edward Maxwell is a young prospect (74)

The Celtics jump to an early lead 32-28.

We have a strong 2nd quarter to take a 59-52 lead.

We lead through the 3rd and have a 81-70 lead going into the 4th.

In the 4th, our defense tires and we fail to execute in a 111-101 surprising loss.

Holloway led them in the win with 21 points, 11 boards, and a steal.

Bradley added 20 points. Leonard with 17 points, 10 boards, and 2 steals.

Gill with 12 points and 7 assists. Smart with 11 points and 8 assists.

Cowen led our team with 21 points, 11 assists, 4 boards, 1 steal, and 2 turnovers. He shot 9 of 20, 1 of 5 from the arc, and 2 of 2 from the line.

Embiid with 20 points, 14 boards, and 2 blocks. He shot 7 of 13 and 6 of 8 from the line.

MCW with 13 points, 9 assists, 5 boards, 2 steals, adn 2 blocks. He shot 6 of 20.

Perkins with 12 ponts, 4 boards, and 2 blocks. He shot 5 of 6.

GF with 11 points, 8 boards, and 2 assists. He shot 4 of 7.

Noel with 9 points, 9 boards, and 3 blocks. He shot 4 of 13.

Butler with 5 points, 2 boards, 1 assist, and 1 steal. He shot 1 of 5.

Grant with 1 point in 12 minutes.

12/22 - We travel to play the red hot Cavs who are 22-4 behind LeBron who is still rated the best player in the game at 98 despite getting up there in age. They are very weak at C due to injuries but the rest of their lineup is talented:

PG Irving (91)
SG Dion Waiters (84)
SF LeBron (98)
PF Stephon Watkins (74)
C IVan Bosnjak (64)

SG Archie Goodwin (76)
PG Matthew Dellavedova (76)
SG Glen Rice Jr (75)
PG MArquis Teague (71)
PF Roy Gill (68)

I tell my guys to feed it into the post this game and make Embiid the #1 option...

They jump to a 30-17 lead at the end of 1, but we play better every other quarter.

By the end of 3, we are up 78-75.

We hold on down the stretch on a big jumper by Cowen at the buzzer to get the 103-101 win!

Cowen was the player of the game with 34 points, 9 assists, 4 boards, 2 steals, and 1 block. He shot 13 of 21, 2 of 3 from the arc, and 6 of 6 from the line.

MCW with 15 points, 5 boards, and 5 assists. He shot 5 of 14.

Noel with 13 points, 11 boards, and 3 blocks.

Turner with 11 points, 6 boards, and 3 assists.

Embiid with 10 points, 10 boards, and 1 block. He shot 4 of 8.

Perkins with 8 points, 5 boards, 3 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block. He shot 3 of 12, 0 of 4 from the arc.

Turner with 11 points and 6 boards.

GF with 4 points, 4 boards, and 3 assists.

Butler with 4 points, 10 boards, 4 assists, and 2 steals.

LeBron led them with 19 points, 12 boards, 5 assists, 3 blocks, and 2 turnovers. He shot 8 of 19.

Waiters with 17 points, 4 assists, and 4 boards. He shot 6 of 15.

Irving with 15 points, 9 boards, and 9 assists. We held him to 4 of 12 shooting.

12/24 -

We host the Nets. They are 16-14 and beat us 119-118 last game. But, we are favored. Robinson will finally get back out on the court this game, although he is not 100% yet and we will limit his minutes to just a few tonight.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:15 PM   #134
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm still playing on All-star Sim...

Our offense comes out red hot and we jump to a 13-0 lead.

Cowen hits a pair of 3's to start the game and finds Embiid for a nice dunk.

After a hot start, Cowen goes cold, but Embiid steps up.

At the end of 1, we are up 28-23. Embiid with a really good quarter for 10 points.

GF had also had a nice quarter with 6 points.

9:00 - Robinson into the game and he makes a nice move to beat his man and get fouled. 2 points. We lead 32-29.

3:15 - Robinson had a nice stretch and I'm tempted to leave him out there, but I bring in Grant for a few. We are up 47-41.

Embiid didn't score in the 2nd but everyone else picked up the scoring load.

At halftime, we are up 54-47.

Walker leads them with 12 points. Brook Lopez has 6 boards of the bench.

MCW leads us with 4 assists. Cowen with 12 points. Embiid with 10. GF with 8.

7:20 - Cowen needs a breather. Turner into the game at SG and MCW at PG. We are up 64-60.

In the 3rd, their 3 point shooters, especially Joe Harris come alive and we are down 79-76 at the end of 3.

8:00 - Down 83-79, we bring back a rested Cowen...

Cowen with a 3 and then a pair of FT's. We are tied at 86. 6:30 to go..

2:14 - GF leaves Joe Harris open for a corner 3 and he swishes it. Down 99-94.

Cowen drives and earns the foul. Down 99-96.

Butler gets beat off the dribble and we are down 101-96 with 49 seconds left.

Cowen with an open look... misses the 3. Embiid with the board.. kicks it out to GF... misses the 3.

We lose 105-99.

Walker is the player of the game with 28 points and 5 assists. He shot 9 of 16, 3 of 8 from the arc.

Nick Johnson with 20 points and 4 boards.

Harris with 15 points and 5 boards including 3 of 4 from the arc.

Lowry with 12 points and 3 assists.

Monroe with 10 points and 7 boards.

Cowen finished with 25 points, 6 assists, 2 boards, and 3 turnovers. He shot 7 of 20, 3 of 8 from the arc, and 8 of 8 from the line.

Embiid with 18 points, 10 boards, and 2 blocks. He shot 8 of 12.

GF with 16 points, 5 boards, 3 assists, and 2 blocks.

Robinson with 11 points, 4 boards, and 3 assists in 15 minutes.

Butler with 8 points, 3 boards, and a steal.

Turner with 8 points and 2 steals.

Perkins with a rough night shooting, 1 of 6. He finished with 5 points, 8 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal.

Noel with 4 points, 7 boards, and 2 blocks.

Moultrie with 4 points and 2 boards in 11 minutes.

MCW with 2 points, 5 boards, and 8 assists. He shot 1 of 6.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:06 AM   #135
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

12/25 -

We travel to Chicago for a Christmas Day marquee game. The Bulls have rebounded this year and are 18-8 with a 9-1 streak in their last 10. They are favored to win at home. They beat us 95-94 last game. A look at their starting 5 again:

PG Rose - 87
SG Nik Stauskas - 80
SF Khris Middleton - 77
PF Anthony Davis - 96
C Noah - 76

The bench is led by SG Nelson Williamson (78), SF Tony Snell (76), and PG Shelvin Mack (73)

Cowen starts off shooting cold and we get into 28-15 hole by the end of 1.

Davis scoring from all over the court to give them a 56-40 lead at the half.

They win the game easily, 108-86.

Perkins was our leading scorer with 19 points, 5 boards, and 3 blocks. He shot 5 of 12.

Embiid with 16 points, 7 boards, and a block.

Cowen with 11 points, 5 boards, 6 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 5 of 18.

MCW with 9 points, 7 assists, 3 boards, and 2 steals. HE shot 4 of 13.

Butler with 8 points, 7 boards, 2 assists, and a steal. He shot 4 of 8.

Noel with 8 points, 8 boards, and a block. He shot 4 of 9.

GF witrh 7 points, 5 boards, 3 assists, and 4 turnovers. He shot 3 of 5.

Robinson with 5 points in 10 minutes.

Rose led them with 33 points and 9 assists.

Davis with 29 points, 10 boards, 3 steals, and 2 blocks.

Middleton added 14 points. Stauskas with 8 points.

We are now 17-12.

12/30 -

Our team is much more rested as we travel to Phoenix. They are 16-14 and we are favored with our fresh legs. This is our first meeting against them. A look at their starting 5:

PG Eric Bledsoe (85)
SG Karl Nelson (high draft pick now an 86)
SF T.J, Warren (80)
PF Murray Daughterty (83 - I considered him with the high pick we had)
C Miles Plumlee (79)

Their bench is led by Tyler Ennis (79 at PG), PF Markieff Morris (81), SF Marcus Morris (79) C Alex Len (79) and SG Ricky Ledy (77.) A very balanced team in many ways.

With our fresh legs, we jump on them early. 55-40 lead by the half.

Early in the 3rd, Cowen hurts his back!! Oh no.

We keep cruising behind MCW, Embiid, and company.

We cruise to a 117-88 win, but all we want to know is how bad is Cowen hurt?

Cowen finished with 21 points and 8 assists before he got hurt.

MCW with 19 points, 8 boards, and 7 assists.

Turner with 19 points and 3 boards.

Embiid with 19 points, 13 boards, and 3 blocks.

Perkins with 19 points, 10 boards, and a block. He shot 3 of 3 from the arc.

GF with 11 points, 5 boards, and 3 assists.

Noel with 5 points, 10 boards, and a block.

Butler with 4 points, 8 boards, 6 assists, and a steal.

After the game, we get the early report that Cowen just strained a back muscle and can play through it.

12/31 -

We have a back to back game and the 2nd half is at Denver. We beat them 143-105 earlier in the year but we'll be slowing it down a bit without Cowen at full strength.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:38 AM   #136
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Cowen is starting but we'll cut his minutes back a bit.

6:19 - Embiid is tired but he already has 7 points. Quick breather for him. MCW also tired. Cowen to PG and Butler into the game.

4:20 - Perkins with a block... carom goes to GF who passes it to Butler.. to Cowen for a dunk. It never touched the floor for more than 1 dribble. Showtime! 19-14 lead.

3:10 - Embiid back into the game and Noel to PF at Perkins gets a breather. We lead 23-16.

At the end of 1, we are up 27-22.

Of note, the Nuggets talked Dirk out of retirement and he played a few minutes towards the end of the 1st.

MCW in for Cowen who will get a long break. Robinson in for GF who will get a breather to start the 2nd.

Our defense is playing great. We are up 48-39 with 3 minutes to go.

Then, our offense goes cold and they hit a 3 quarter of the court shot to close out the half! Sheesh. We are up 49-48 at halftime.

They are 19 of 21 from the kine which is the only reason they are in it still. We are only 5 of 6 from the line as Cowen isn't driving into the lane this game much.

Butler leads our team with 12 points. Embiid with 11 points and 8 boards.

Our defense and offense are now executing at a high level with Cowen hitting some shots. Beautiful pick and roll with him and Perkins that ends with a powerful dunk from Perkins. We are up 80-66 with 3 minutes go to in the 3rd.

At the end of 3, we are up 86-72.

MCW in for Cowen to start the 4th.

We have a 100-85 lead as I rest my starters with 5 minutes to go.

They close the gap to 8 as I bring back a rested Cowen and Noel.

Cowen quickly beats his man off the dribble for a nice floater in the lane.

They close the gap to 102-96 before Cowen finds Robinson for a corner 3.

Noel with a block... ball to Cowen.. to Robinson for a breakaway dunk!

Cowen with a steal and breakaway dunk. Suddenly, the lead is back to 13.

We win the game 111-98. Solid win on the road

Embiid is the player of the game with 20 points, 18 boards, 1 assist, and 2 blocks. He shot 9 of 14, and 2 of 3 from the line.

Cowen with 22 points, 9 assists, 3 boards, and 1 turnover. The sore back forced him to slow down and he played much more controlled tonight. He did shoot 8 of 20 and 6 of 6 from the line.

Butler with 14 points, 4 boards, 4 assists, 1 steal, and 2 blocks. He shot 6 of 10.

Noel with 11 points, 5 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 2 blocks.

GF with 11 points, 3 boards, 3 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block.

MCW with 10 points, 3 boards, 4 assists, 1 steal, and 1 turnover.

Turner with 8 points and 3 assists.

Robinson with 7 points, 3 boards, 1 assist, and 1 block in 11 minutes.

Perkins with 7 points, 10 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, and a block. He shot 3 of 11 and 0 of 4 from the arc. He still leads all PF's at 42% from the arc.

Gordon led the Nuggets with 20 points. LaMarcus Aldridge with 19 points, 12 boards, and 2 blocks in the loss. Lawson with 13 points and 7 assists.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:55 AM   #137
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

December is done. We are 19-13.

A look at the early mock drafts:

SF Cedric Blackwell has become the consensus #1 pick. The 22 year old SF fro Iowa State is 6'8 215 and is a well seasoned veteran college player who can do everything well. His biggest strengths are his athleticism and post up game but he has a nice shot too. He is averaging 25.8 ppg, 9.4 rpg, and 3.6 apg. Right now the Pelicans are projected to get the #1 pick.

The Spurs are projected to get the 2nd pick and take a SF from Turkey, Tayfur Mansiz. Tayfur is 6'6 230 and is the consensus #2 pick from all services at this point. He is an athletic ball handler who can create offense He is averaging 27 ppg, 9.5 rpg, and 3.9 apg.

The Kings are projected to draft Lonnie Hart 3rd. He is a 19 year old 6'5 215 pound SG who I cover a bit. He is a powerful slasher who can shoot pretty well. Our staff thinks he has the highest potential in the draft. He is averaging 23 ppg, 7 rpg, and 4.5 apg.

The Clippers are projected to take SF Luka Golab with the 4th pick. He is a 19 year old SF from Slovenia who is 6'8 240 and he likes to play physical and bang inside.

The Lakers are expected to take a PF 5th? Doesn't make much sense although I like the player - Will Osborne is a 6'8 280 pound mound of rebound. The 22 year old from UConn is a rebounding machine and he has some post moves. His shot is very raw though. Despite that, he is averaging 24 ppg and 11 rpg.

6. The Mavs are expected to take PG Mitchell Brooks from West Virginia. The 21 year old 6'1 166 pound PG is an incredible athlete. Our staff thinks he has the 2nd highest potential in the draft.

7. The Bucks are expected to take SG Sergio Diaz from Mexico. The 6'5 220 pound SG is a very good athlete who has a good midrange jumper.

8. The Pistons are expected to take Sasa Cop, a 21 year old PF from Slovenia who is 6'10 240 and has a good post game. He can't play defense very well at all though. He is averaging 21 ppg and 9 rpg.

9. The Knicks are projected to take tweener SF/PF Gilberto Izzo from Italy. He is only 6'6 250 and is 21 years old. His best attribute is his post offense. He is averaging 22 ppg and 10 rpg in Italy.

10. The Nets are expected to take SG Peter Best from UCLA. I don't like his choice of college, but the 22 year old has nice potential to develop into a starting SG. He doesn't have many strengths but also doesn't have any glaring weaknesses. He is 6'6 210.

We are currently projected 19th and the professionals think we might take SF Dexter West from Indiana. But, I'm hoping to get another contributing big or a guard. At 18, Taylor Morris is a good looking prospect. He is a 7'2 260 pound C from North Caroilina who is 21. He is the top rated C in a weak class for the position. His strength is his size and strength. He is averaging 18 ppg and 9 rpg.

Now, for the award news:

G Jimmy Cowen wins player of the month, beating out LeBron!

In the West, Durant wins it for the 2nd straight month.

The Rookies of the month are the same as last month:

PF Frederic Perben in the East and SG Alex Long in the West.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:04 AM   #138
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1/2/18 -

We travel to play the Trail Blazers who are 19-13 and playing good basketball. We are still slightly favored to beat them as we are well rested.

Cowen with an offnight and Lillard was on fire. We couldn't even compete.

We lose 118-92.

Lillard led all scorers with 38 points and 8 assists.

Monta Ellis with 21 points.

Perkins led us with 19 points, 10 boards, and a block.

Noel with 16 points, 7 boards, and 3 blocks.

MCW with 13 points, 5 assists, and 3 steals.

Butler with 10 points.

Cowen shot 4 of 18 as his back bothered him. He finished with 9 points, 5 boards, 5 assists.

Embiid with 10 points, 8 boards, and 2 blocks.

We drop to 19-13.

1/5/18 -

We travel to play the rebuild Lakers who are really playing good basketball and coming together as a team. They are 17-13 but 8-2 in the their last 10.

PG Brandon Knight (83)
SG DeMar DeRozan (88)
SF Jeff Green (75)
PF Julius Randle (88)
C Caron Schayes (93)

Their bench is led by SG Arron Afflalo (81), C Roderick Grant (81), PF Ed Davis (80). PG Rajon Rondo (78), and SF Nick Young (77.) They are a championship contender....

We play some of our best basketball of the year, smothering swarming defense, and we shut down their shooters to build a big half time lead.

We win 102-80.

MCW with 22 points, 9 boards, 8 assists, 3 steals, and a block. HE shot 9 of 14.

Embiid with 22 points, 12 boards, and 1 block.

Turenr with 14 points, 4 boards, 1 assist, and 1 steal.

Noel with 14 points, 10 boards, and 2 blocks.

Cowen shot 6 of 18 but had other contributions: 12 points, 10 assists, 2 steals, and 7 turnovers.

Perkins with 8 points, 10 boards, 3 assists, and 2 blocks. He shot 4 of 8.

GF with 4 points, 4 boards, and 4 assists.

Butler with 4 steals along with 2 points and 3 assists.

We held DeRozan to 6 of 22 shooting. We held Schayes to 3 of 10 shooting. We held Randle to 1 of 9 shooting. He finished with 2 points and 4 boards in 30 minutes.

We are now 20-13 and our next game is at the Kings. They are 11-25 and struggling badly but they are 5-5 in the last 10 as they have got some injured players back. We beat them 111-94 in their last game.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:11 AM   #139
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The Kings don't have the same type of athletes we do and we jump to a 8-0 lead with Cowen and Embiid getting it going early.

Our defense smothers them in the 1st quarter. We lead 34-18 at the end of 1. Everyone getting in on the scoring.

Robinson is really shining as his injury appears almost 100% healed. He has 17 points by midway through the 2nd.

We are up 70-44 with 2 minutes to go in the half as our run and gun game is firing on all cylinders.

At halftime, we are up 76-46.

The only bad thing to happen that half was Embiid got into foul trouble with 4.

Embiid leads the team with 17 points. Robinson with 17 points. Perkins with 15 points. Butler with 12 points. Cowen with 11 assists.

Early in the 3rd, Embiid picks up his 5th and will sit. Noel into the game.

Our defense gets sloppy with Embiid out, but our offense is still humming along. At the end of 3, we are up 99-75. Rod Cowen even got into the game for the first time this year...

We played slow early in the quarter and they closed the gap to 15... then we started pushing on defense, creating turnovers, and running. We got the lead back to 25 before I pulled my starters.

We win the game 124-100

Cousins led all scorers with 32 points on 14 of 18 shooting. He had most of his points after Embiid fouled out.

Rubio had 12 points and 13 assists. McLemore with 11 points and Morrison with 11 points.

Robinson led us with 23 points, 6 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals, and a block to take player of the game. He shot 10 of 16.

Perkins with 19 points, 7 boards, 2 assists, and 1 block. He shot 8 of 11 including 3 of 3 from the arc.

Embiid with 17 points, 6 boards, and a block in just 20 minutes.

Cowen with 16 points, 12 assists, 3 boards, 1 steal, and 2 turnovers.

GF with 13 points.

Noel with 12 points, 6 boards, 2 assists, and a block in 27 minutes.

Butler with 10 points, 3 boards, 3 assists, and 3 steals.

MCW with 8 points, 8 assists, 3 boards, 3 steals, and a block.

Turner with 4 points, 4 boards, and 2 assists.

Rod Cowens with 1 board in 9 minutes.

Moultrie with 3 boards and 1 assist in 12 minutes.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:43 AM   #140
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1/11/18 -

We host the Hornets who are 22-15. They have a talented young lineup:

PG Hakan Ozat (83)
SG Lance Stephenson (89)
SF Jeff Taylor (74)
PF Noah Vonleh (84)
C Bismack Biyombo (80)

PG Jeremy Lin (83) leads the bench.

PF Cody Zeller (79)
SG P.J. Hairston (78)
PF Jeff Teague (74)

Center Al Jefferson is out with an injury...

This is a back and forth game but Noel and Cowen were running the pick and roll game to perfection and Cowen found Noel for a lot of easy baskets.

We took the lead late and never gave it up. 92-88 win.

Noel led the way with 20 points, 14 boards, 2 blocks in 33 minutes.

Perkins with 15 points, 7 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks.

MCW with 14 points, 10 boards, 5 assists, and 2 steals.

Cowen with 13 points, 11 assists, 8 boards, 1 steal. He shot 4 of 16.

Turner with 9 points and 3 boards.

GF with 8 points and 3 boards.

Embiid fouled out in 16 minute but still had 6 points and 6 boards.

Robinson rested a lot this game but his ankle is now 100% and he will move back to starting.

Lin and Ozat each had 16 points. Lin led he team with 8 assists.

We are now 22-13

1/13 -

We host the Raptors who are 11-22 but they surprised us last game. This time, we will attack the post to hit their weakness.

Hmmm. The Raptors have our number surprisingly. They take the early lead and never give it up.

WE lose 105-94.

They were led by 20 points from Terrence Ross. Dillon added 17 points, 10 boards, and 6 assists.

Cowen led us with 23 points, 10 assists, 5 boards, 4 steals, and 6 turnovers. He shot 9 of 16.

Embiid with 22 points, 10 boards, and 2 blocks. He shot 9 of 16.

GF with 11 points, 6 boards, and 7 assists off the bench.

Robinson with 9 points and 6 boards in his first start in a few weeks. He shot 4 of 10.

Noel with 8 points, 8 boards, and 2 blocks.

Perkins shot 1 of 8 for 7 points and 3 boards.

MCW wtih 6 points, 5 boards, 5 assists, 5 steals, and 5 turnovers.

Butler with 6 points and 4 boards.

Turner hurt his ankle and only played 8 minutes.

1/15 -

We have a big show down hosting LeBron and the Cavs. They are 24-12 but only 3-7 in the last 10 as they have injuries at PF and C leading them starting young guys. Their starting 5 for this game:

PG Irving (90)
SG Waiters (84)
SF LeBron (98)
PF Roy Gill (69)
C Ivan Bosnjak (64)

Their bench has no big guys of quality healthy:

SG Archie Goodwin (76)
PG Matthew Dellavedova (76)
SG Glen Rice, Jr (75)
PF Stephon Watkins (hurt but can play - 70)
Old 03-21-2015, 02:22 AM   #141
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

8:00 - MCW exhausted from guarding Irving. Cowen to PG and Butler into the game. Tied at 8.

7:00 - Embiid is tired. Noel into the game. Robinson picks up his 2nd foul trying to guard LeBron. GF into the game.

2:30 - Our interior guys are taking over the game. We are up 28-22 as I bring back MCW and Embiid.

At the end of 1, we are up 30-27. LeBron leads them with 9. Perkins leads us with 10.

Classic back and forth with LeBron making amazing plays to keep them in it, while we pound it inside to create our offense.

LeBron playing at PF and Noel draws a 3rd foul on him. We are down 48-44.

They keep him in and we get a 4th foul on LeBron. They sit him with 2:30 to go in the half. We are down 50-46.

At halftime, we are down 54-50.

Irving leads all scorers with 17 points.

Cowen leads our team with 4 assists. Perkins leads our team with 14 points.

MCW with a drive gets a 5th foul on LeBron!!

1:44 - I thought Noel got a 6th foul on LeBron (who has been dominating the 3rd) but they call it on Watkins instead. We are down 82-79.

25 seconds left - Robinson with a drive gets a 6th foul on LeBron!!

At the end of 3, we are down 84-82 but I love our chances now that LeBron is out.

4:30 - We are up 96-94. Both teams are tired. This has been a hard fought game. We bring back a partially rested Embiid to anchor us. Cowen won't leave the floor. He is tired but is going to play on.

2:27 - Cowen has missed his last 2 shots and Irving keeps hitting tough pull up jumpers. GF with a clutch basket to get us back to only 1 down. Down 99-98.

1:20 - After we blew an opportunity with a bad pass from Cowen to GF on the alley-oop attempt... Moultrie gets a defensive stop and then an unexpected offensive basket. We are up 100-99! They call time and Perkins comes back in.

55 seconds: Embiid with a block that starts a fastbreak... this time Cowens makes a safer pass to GF who dunks it home!

Waiters with a tough basket that goes in.

Cowen beats his man and gets into the lane for an easy floater!

WE are up 104-101.

Embiid forces a miss, gets the board, and passes it to Cowen quickly who is fouled

As usual, he makes both FT's.

They shoot a quick 3 and Embiid gets the board when the shot misses. He is fouled and makes 1 of 2 to ice the game.

We win 107-101

We are now tied with Cleveland for 2nd place in the East

Cowen was the player of the game with 24 points, 8 assists, 4 boards, 2 steals, and 3 turnovers. He shot 8 of 16 and 8 of 9 from the line.

Perkins with 16 points, 4 boards, 1 block, and 2 turnovers. He shot 6 of 8, 3 of 4 from the arc, and 1 of 2 from the line.

Robinson with 15 points, 5 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal, and 1 block. He had 4 turnovers. He shot 6 of 8.

Emviid with 12 points, 12 boards, 2 assists, and 2 blocks. He shot 5 of 9 and 2 of 8 from the line.

Turner with 12 points and 4 assists in 18 minutes.

MCW with 10 points, 4 boards, 3 assists, and 2 steals in 22 minutes. He was very fatigued this game.

Butler with 5 points, 4 boards, 1 assist, and 1 steal.

Noel with 5 points, 14 boards, 1 assist, and 1 block.

Moultrie with 4 key points, 3 boards, and 1 block.

GF with 4 points, 3 boards, and 6 assists.

Irving led them with 29 points, 5 assist,s and 2 steals. He shot 13 of 26.

Waiters with 20 points and 3 assists. He shot 9 of 16.

LeBron with 17 points, 5 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks in just 25 minutes. He also had 4 turnovers.

Goodwin with 11 points. Glen Rice Jr with 10 points and 3 boards.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:42 AM   #142
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Correction: We are .5 games behind the Cavs for 2nd. The Bulls are 1st with a 29-10 record.

The Cavs are 2nd at 24-14.

We are 3rd at 23-14

The Magic are also 23-14

The Heat are 22-15

The Hornets are 23-16

The Nets are 21-19

The Wizards are 21-20.

1/17 -

We host the Knicks are 14-22. We are favored to beat them.

We come out completely flat and exhausted. We never are in the game. Very disappointing.

We lose 103-77.

GF hurts his back in the game on a dunk.

Cowen led the way with 18 points, 5 boards, 5 assists, 4 steals, and 6 turnovers.

Robinson with 17 points.

Embiid with 16 points, 10 boards, and 3 blocks.

MCW with 12 points, 8 boards, and 4 assists.

Noel with 8 points, 9 boards, and 2 blocks.

Perkins with 2 points, 10 boards, and a block. He shot 1 of 7.

GF with 2 points, 4 boards, and 3 assists.

1/19 -

We host the Magic. We are favored to win and I hope the team can bounce back...

We start off pounding it to Embiid and establishing our inside post presence against Love who gets into foul trouble. That makes for an easy lead that we hold the rest of the game.

We win 101-86.

Embiid with 24 points, 10 boards, and 1 block. He shot 7 of 14 and 10 of 14 from the line.

Robinson with 18 points, 5 boards, and 2 steals.

Cowen with 13 points, 8 assists, 4 boards, and 2 steals. He shot 6 of 12.

Turner with 11 points.

GF with 10 points, 4 boards, and 4 assists in just 15 minutes.

Noel with 8 points and 8 boards.

Perkins with 7 points, 7 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 2 blocks.

MCW with 6 points, 10 boards, 8 assists, and 3 steals.

Butler with 4 points, 5 boards, and 3 assists.

Love only played 28 minutes due to foul trouble but he led them with 22 points and 8 boards in the loss.

1/21 -

Our next game is hosting the Mavs who are 14-25. Their starting 5:

PG Reggie Jackson (77)
SG Alex Long (75)
SF Aminu (76)
PF Blake Griffin (91)
C Joran Hill (75)

Their bench:

SF Chandler Parsons (82)
PG Patrick Mills (75)
SG Andre Roberson (69)

Then, it is a few rookies who are in the mid 60's.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:03 AM   #143
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Correction: Parsons is back from injury and will start. Aminu on the bench.

3:24 - Parsons with a very good 1st quarter to keep them in it, but he goes down with another injury and is done for the day. We are up 18-16.

We are up 24-23 at the end of 1. Embiid is our leading scorer with 8 points.

MCW with a steal that sets up a pass to Perkins for a fancy dunk!

MCW to Perkins for a 12 footer.

MCW to Robinson for a dunk.

We are suddenly up 34-23.

Our defense is starting to take over the game but they have a strong run behind Griffin to close the gap at the half.

We lead 56-46 at halftime.

Cowen leads the team with 16 points and 6 assists. Noel leads the team with 6 boards.

Our guys get a big lead in the 3rd before tiring. Our bench lets them close the gap a bit, but we still lead 84-65 at the end of 3. GF was our leading scorer of the 2nd unit down the stretch.

Our defense clamps down to start the 4th as our rested starters return. We build a 30 point lead so that I'm able to pull my starters with 6 minutes to go.

We win the game 116-86.

Cowen is the player of the game with 25 points, 10 assists, 3 steals, 2 boards, and 3 turnovers. He shot 11 of 19 and 3 of 3 from the line.

Embiid with 20 points, 8 boards, 2 steals, and a block. He shot 9 of 13 and 2 of 5 from the line.

GF with 16 points, 2 assists, and a steal in 20 minutes off the bench. He shot 4 of 5, 1 of 2, and 7 of 8 from the line.

Perkins with 15 points, 8 boards, 3 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block. He shot 6 of 8.

Butler with 9 points, 5 boards, and 2 assists.

Robinson with 8 points, 5 boards, 1 assist, and 1 steal.

MCW with 7 points, 6 assists, 2 boards, 2 steals, and 1 block. He shot 2 of 7.

Noel with 7 points, 10 boards, and a block.

Turner with 7 points and 1 assist.

Griffin led the Mavs with 16 points, 13 boards, and 3 assists. He shot 7 of 15.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:04 PM   #144
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1/22 -

We are 25-15. We travel to play the Pacers who are 19-21. We are favored to win despite losing to them earlier in the year 108-107.

It is a back and forth game that comes down to a last second possession where Cowen drives... kicks out to Perkins for an open midrange shot... Perkins swishes it! 95-94 win!

Perkins was the player of he game with 24 points, 9 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal, and 1 block. He shot 8 of 16, 3 of 3 from the arc, and 5 of 5 from the line.

Embiid with 22 points, 8 boards, 3 steals, and a block. He shot 9 of 16.

Cowen with 18 points and 8 assists.

MCW with 13 points, 6 boards, 7 assists, and 3 steals.

Noel with 7 points, 14 boards, and 1 block.

Turner with 5 points, 3 boards, and 1 assist in limited time of 12 minutes.

Paul George led the Pacers with 30 points, 12 boards, and 5 assists. He shot 10 of 21.

1/24 -

We travel to play the Spurs who are 12-30. We beat them 108-89 in our earlier meeting...

Before the game in warm-ups, the GF sprains his ankle slightly and he will need to fully sit for a week or two.

Turner will get more minutes and ditto for Grant...

We build a big lead 50-34 at the half.

Surprisingly, in the 2nd half, our offense goes ice cold and the Spurs chip away...

Kyle Anderson with a 3 in the last 5 seconds to win the game 81-79. Wow.

Anderson with 20 points. Howard with 15 points, 12 boards, and a block.

Embiid was held to 16 points and 5 boards on 5 of 14 shooting.

Cowen with 13 points, 10 assists, 2 boards, 2 steals, and 6 turnovers. He shot 6 of 14.

Turner with 10 points, 6 boards, and 2 assists in 20 minutes.

Butler with 9 points, 6 boards, and 3 assists.

MCW with 8 points, 3 boards, 3 assists, and 3 turnovers.

Robinson with 8 points, 3 boards, 3 assists, 5 steals, and a block. He shot 4 of 12.

Noel with 8 points, 9 boards, and 2 assists.

Perkins with a poor night shooting, 3 of 11. He finished with 6 points, 8 boards, and 2 assists.

Grant shot 0 of 4 and finished with 1 points and 4 boards.

At 26-16, we are in 3rd place in the East behind the Bulls and Cavs.

Next up is a game at the Knicks on 1/26. They are 16-26 and we are favored to get the win.

Before the game, a trade goes down:

The Heat send Crabbe (SG 77 - young and developing) along with PF Claxton (64)

The Pelicans send PG Austin Rivers (77) and Guard Roberts (72.)

The Knicks are one of the least talented teams in the league with Carmelo out injured. We should build a big lead and be able to rest our stars...
Old 03-22-2015, 02:51 PM   #145
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5:30 - MCW has had a great start with 9 points but he lands awkwardly on a jump shot and he is holding his knee!

We are up 17-10.

Embiid with a breather.

Early word is that MCW has at least a partially torn ACL

That deflates our team and our offense slows down. We are tied at 27 at the end of 1.

10:20 - A strong start to the 2nd quarter from Noel who needs to rest now. Embiid back into the game. We lead 34-27.

7:20 - We built a 43-33 lead but Cowens needs a breather. Turner will play some PG for us with MCW out.

Cowen back in with 4 minutes to go. We are up 49-44.

Cowen leads a strong finish to the half including a great behind the back pass on a 2-on-1 fast break that ends with a thunderous slam by Grant.

Embiid leads the team with 14 points and 5 boards.

Cowen with 13 assists at the half!

We rest Cowen a good part of the 3rd, but Perkins and Robinson are carrying us. We are up 80-66 at the end of 3.

3:10 - We lead 104-82 as I pull my starters and empty the end of my bench. Marty Cousins will get his first PT at C....

We win the game 110-90.

Cowen is the player of the game with 16 points, 18 assists, 5 boards, and 4 turnovers. He shot 6 of 7, 1 of 1 from the arc, and 3 of 3 from the line. Brilliant passing.

Embiid with 20 points, 8 boards, 1 assist, and 2 blocks. He shot 9 of 15.

Turner with 15 points, 5 boards, 5 assists, and 1 steal in 31 minutes.

Grant with 12 points, 4 boards, and 1 assist in 21 minutes. Cowen set him up for 3 easy dunks.

Butler with 11 points, 3 boards, and 2 assists.

Robinson with 11 points, 4 boards, 5 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block. He shot 5 of 7.

MCW with 9 points and 2 assists in 7 minutes before he went down..

Perkins with 8 points, 9 boards, and 1 assist. He shot 4 of 10.

Noel with 4 points and 6 boards.

Cousins with 2 points and a board in 4 minutes in his debut.

Moultrie with 2 points, 3 boards, and 2 steals in 17 minutes.

Rod Cowens with a board in 4 minutes.

Hardaway Jr with 20 points on 7 of 20 shooting to lead the Knicks.

Marc Gasol had 18 points and 6 boards.

We are waiting to hear how bad MCW's injury is....
Old 03-23-2015, 09:49 PM   #146
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

MCW has a partially torn ACL and will miss anywhere from 1-3 months.

With that move, we have a tough decision to make. I think this team could be a championship team and it is time to play for the future. None of my young guys are ready to play significant minutes at backup PG/SG with Cowen needing to play the PG more...

There are a few solid options who can play some minutes for us at combo guard, but we need to create room on the roster.

Raul Cruz might be a solid player down the road, but he is at least 1-2 years away. I decide to shop the young guard. I get a few surprising offers including Iggy from the Knicks for him... but the whole point is to get a draft pick. I consider several options and opt for San Antonio's 2nd round pick in 2019 which could be a relatively high 2nd round pick if they keep playing like they have been.

After finishing that trade, I pull the trigger on offer Ian Clark, a 26 year old FA who is tearing up the D-League a contract. Clark is a combo guard who has decent enough ball handling skills to play a bit of PG but the main reason I want him is that he is the best 3 point shooter around in FA...

We have to give him a few million for 1 year but he happily accepts and will add a bona fide additional scoring option for us this year, especially if Cowen and company can get him open looks.

Clark will get 6-10 minutes per night to start out with us. Butler moves into the starting lineup at SG and Cowen moves to PG.

1/28 -

We start right off with a big challenge for the new lineup as we host the Cavs who we upset last game 107-101.

I had a feeling this move could help the team. Butler's defense shut down Irving and Cowen was so smooth at PG. We jumped to a big lead and LeBron couldn't lead them back.

We win 108-91.

Cowen with 28 points, 8 assists, 3 steals, and 1 block in the win. He shot 10 of 17, 3 of 5, and 5 of 5.

Robinson with a big game against LeBron with 17 points, 6 boards, 4 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 7 of 17.

Noel wtih 12 points, 6 boards, and a block.

Turner with 12 points, 8 boards, and 3 assists.

Perkins with 11 points, 6 boards, and 3 assists.

Embiid shot 5 of 17 as we tried to feed him the ball a lot. He finished with 10 points, 15 boards, and 2 blocks.

Butler with 8 points, 6 boards, 3 assists, and 3 steals. He shot 3 of 6.

Moultrie with 4 points and 5 boards in 10 minutes.

Cark with 4 points and 1 assist in his debut. He played 9 minutes and shot 2 of 4.

Grant with 2 points, 4 boards, and 4 assists as he played 14 minutes.

We held LeBron to 6 of 15 shooting for 15 points, 10 boards, and 7 assists.

Waiters had 21 points, mostly against Cowen.

Irving was held to 5 of 18 shooting by Butler. He had 14 points and 5 assists.

1/30 -

We travel to play the Bucks. They are 19-27. They are led by Parker. We were shocked by them in the last game, but I think this team is about to really click...

Wow.. did we ever. We started off with a 12-0 run and never looked back.

114-74 crushing of the Bucks!

Cowen with 23 points, 6 boards, 6 assists, 3 steals, and 5 turnovers tonight. He shot 8 of 13, 3 of 5, and 4 of 4.

Perkins with a great night - 20 points, 12 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 2 blocks. He shot 7 of 14, 6 of 7 from the line.

Embiid with 17 points, 8 boards, and a block. He shot 7 of 12.

Grant with 14 points in 14 minutes.

Robinson with 10 points, 10 boards, 3 assists, and 2 steals in 31 minutes.

Clark with 8 points in 8 minutes as he shot 3 of 4.

Butler with 7 points, 9 boards, 7 assists, and 2 steals.

Noel with 5 points, 8 boards, and 3 blocks.

Turner with 4 points, 7 boards, 7 assists, and a steal.

Parker was hurt in the game but still played 30 minutes and had 16 points, 6 boards, 4 assists, and 2 steals.

He has a finger fracture and should be able to play through it.

1/31 -

We end up the month hosting the Clippers. They are 16-28 and we are heavily favored. A look at their starting 5:

PG Chris Paul is starting to show his age and is in decline with an overall of 84.

SG Reggie Bullock (75)
SF Perry Jones (74)
PF Kenny Rodman (67)
C DeAndre Jordan (80)

The bench is led by Tony Parker (79)
PG Ramon Sessions (77)
SG C.J. Wilcox (76)
C Spencer Hawes (75)
SF Darin Walls (72 - and the highest rated player who I could have gotten for Cruz)

A few low 60's guys.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:17 PM   #147
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Cowen is owning Paul and Parker early.

We take a 28-17 lead at the end of 1.

Our defense is smothering them at all positions. Embiid doing a great job on Jordan.

At halftime, we lead 50-36.

Cowen with 15 points and 5 assists at the half.

Perkins leads our team with 8 boards.

A sloppy start to the 3rd for Cowen who needs an early break in the quarter. We are up 53-47. Turner will be asked to play some PG for us.

4 minutes of terrific defense in which we hold them scoreless and build a 61-47 lead before they get a shot to fall from Paul.

3:10 - We are winning with defense. Up 65-53 as I rest Robinson and Perkins. Grant and Moultrie into the game.

At the end of 3, we are up 73-55.

Cowen, Butler, Robinson, Perkins, and Noel to start the 4th. They will put the final nail in those hopefully.

Not a huge blow out that I was hoping for but with 3 minutes left and a 18 point lead, I empty my bench.

We win the game 99-84.

Cowen was the player of the game with 25 points, 9 assists, 2 boards, 1 steal, and 2 turnovers. Some rumblings that he should be our full time PG and we should trade MCW...

Butler had a great start at SG (which is part of the rumblings) with 23 points (lots of fast break dunks started by our defense) and 6 assists, 1 steal, 1 board, and 1 block. He shot 10 of 19 and 3 of 6 from the arc.

Robinson with 19 points, 5 boards, 3 assists, 1 steal, and 3 turnovers. He shot 8 of 9.

Embiid with 10 points, 8 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block. He shot 5 of 10.

Clark with 7 points in 10 minutes.

Noel with 5 points, 8 boards, and 2 blocks.

Perkins with a rough night offensively, but he did everything else well: 2 points, a career high 15 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, and a block. He shot 1 of 10 including 0 of 6 from the arc.

Turner with 4 points, 4 boards, 5 assists, 4 steals, and 3 turnovers in 25 minutes.

Bullock led them with 20 points on 8 of 15 shooting.

Paul shot 5 of 21 and finished with 13 points and 8 assists.

Jordan was held to 4 of 10 shooting for 9 points and 6 boards.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:44 PM   #148
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

No one wants MCW while he is injured. We are going to have to keep him this season, but that is one possibility this offseason...

We are now in February and time to look at the rookies and award winners:

James Harden of the Heat wins Player of the Month in the East barely edging out LeBron and Cowen.

Russell Westbrook edges out his teammate Durant to win it in the West.

Perben continues his stranglehold on rookie of the month in the East.

Kenny Rodman of the Clippers wins it in the West.

A look at the latest mock draft:

1) Kings Cedric Blackwell. The 23 year old 6'8" SF from Iowa State is already very developed and ready to start right away. Not a consensus #1 though because some feel he has reached his ceiling.

2) Tayfur Mansiz from Turkey is stronger, more physical and almost as developed offensively as Cedric. He is only 21 and is projected to become a superstar by some scouts.

There is a lot of debate about those 2 but this is a very deep draft.

3) SG Lonnie Hart is 6'6 215 and only 19. He is lighting it up at Wake Forest where he is averaging 23 ppg. He is not ready to start as much as the other 2 are but some scouts feel his ceiling might be higher than the other 2...

4) Luka Golob is a 19 year old SF who is 6'7 240 lb from Slovenia. He is averaging 29 ppg and 6 rpg. He is projected to become a very good player.

5) Will Osborne is a 6'8 275 lb PF for UConn who is 22 years old. He is averaging 24 ppg and 11 rpg. He is expected to become a dependable starter in the NBA.

6) Sergio Diaz is a 21 year old SG from Mexico who is 6'5 210. He is averaging 22 ppg and has a nice midrange shot. He is projected to become a solid starter.

7) PG Mitchell Brooks from WVU is 6'1 166 and 21 years old. He is more raw than most of the guys in the top 10 but some scouts think he will become a star PG. He is averaging 22 ppg and 7 apg.

8) PF Sasa Cop is 6'9 245 from Slovenia and his stock has been dropping. He is an athletic player who relies on that to score. He should become a solid starter.

9) PF Gilberto Izzo from Italy is a 6'6 250 pound PF who might be too small to be effective in the NBA. He has no midrange shot and isn't very athletic. His best attributes are his bullish strength.

10) SG Jack Lambert is 20 years old from George Washington. He is 6'7 200 lbs and is a very intriguing player. He has great wing span and is fairly athletic. I find him very intriguing. Scouts think he will be a solid starter with time. He is averaging 17 ppg, 5 rpg, and 3 apg in college.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:07 AM   #149
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2/2/18 -

We travel to play the Celtics who are 18-28. We lost to them 119-101 last time but I like our chances today. That being said they have a solid 5 led by Kawhi Leonard and O.J. Gill. Craig Holloway has become a very good starter for them as well...

Our offense is clicking on all cylinders with Cowen at PG. WE build a 71-44 lead at the half and never look back.

125-95 win.

Cowen with 21 points, 5 boards, 7 assists, 2 steals, and 1 turnover. He shot 10 of 19.

Embiid with 20 points, 10 boards, and 2 blocks. He shot 7 of 10.

Robinson with 17 points, 7 boards, 7 assists, and 3 blocks. He shot 7 of 11.

Noel with 16 points, 9 boards, and 1 block. He shot 8 of 10.

Turner with 13 points, 5 boards, and 5 assists.

Perkins with 12 points, 5 boards, 2 assists, and 1 block. He only played 18 minutes because of foul trouble.

Clark with 12 points in 9 minutes. He shot 4 of 6 including 2 of 3 from the arc.

Butler with 11 points and 8 assists.

Leonard led them with 13 points. Holloway with 8 points and 4 boards against our twin towers.

Of note, Embiid suffered a "mild sprained ankle" that he will play through.

2/3/18 -

We travel to Miami. They are 30-18 and playing great basketball.

Harden, Perben, and Bosh give them 3 very good scorers.

3 games in 4 nights and we come out flat.

Embiid was bothered by his ankle. Cowen hurt his shin. We were off all night.

They beat us 101-91. Close game despite the tough conditions.

Perkins with 22 points, 10 boards, and 2 blocks to lead our team. He shot 9 of 20 and 4 of 9 from the arc.

Embiid with 16 points and 8 boards. He shot 5 of 13.

Noel with 13 points, 6 boards, and 3 blocks. He shot 5 of 12.

Cowen had a very rough night with the shins bothering him. He finished with 12 pints, 4 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals, and 2 turnovers. He shot 4 of 15.

Robinson with 10 points, 5 boards, and 5 assists. He shot 5 of 11.

Clark shot 1 of 5 and finished with 6 points in 9 minutes.

We are now 31-17.

We get to rest 1 day before hosting the Pacers.

2/5/18 -

We host the Pacers who are 20-27. They are struggling with chemistry issues right now. They also have weaknesses at PF and C:

PG Darren Collison (80)
SG Gerald Henderson (79)
SF Paul George (89)
PF Lavoy Allen (71)
C Ian Mahinmi (73)

SG Jordan Crawford (75) leads the bench.
C Roy Hibbert (71)
SG Jason Butler (69)
PG Dimitris Amanatiois (65)

PF Pau Gasol is injured and showing his age. I expect him to retire after this season.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:08 AM   #150
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A trade of 2 high quality PG's:

The Celtics trade PG Marcus Smart (85)

The Jazz trade PG Dante Exum (84) and a 2nd round pick (from the Warriors) in the next draft.