Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-29-2016, 10:44 PM   #1
djsatu
High School Varsity

PES 2017/FIFA 2017

I think its fitting to open up a thread on these 2 upcoming football games coming to a game console and PC near you. Seems to be alot of footie fans on here, so im sure we will have alot impressions in this thread over time. I myself have downloaded and am playing the PES 2017 demo on PS4. I am being honest in saying that its probably the best soccer game I have ever played. I am a big fan of Konami soccer and have played since the Winning Eleven series back on PS1/PS2. Super excited to have 2 killer footie games this year on PS4, and I can't wait to see how FIFA plays this year with the new engine etc. Anyone else excited?? Anyone else playing the PES demo??

djsatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 04:01 PM   #2
djsatu
High School Varsity

PES 2017 NEWS:

KONAMI have today completed a Latin American brace. following last week’s capture of 30 Licensed Argentinian clubs with an exclusive agreement with the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) to feature the Campeonato Brasilieiro in PES 2017.
This means that for the fifth year running, the PES series will feature 20 Brazilian teams (listed below) from the Campeonato Brasileiro Série A including their respective kits and real name representations for licensed players.
  • América Mineiro,
  • Atlético Paranaense
  • Botafogo
  • Chapecoense
  • Corinthians
  • Coritiba
  • Cruzeiro
  • Figueirense
  • Flamengo
  • Fluminense
  • Gręmio
  • Internacional
  • Palmeiras
  • Ponte Preta
  • Santa Cruz
  • Santos FC
  • Săo Paulo FC
  • Sport Recife
  • Vitória FC
Alongside the twenty clubs, PES 2017 will also feature a raft of Brazilian stadiums from the Campeonato Brasileiro Série A (listed below).
  • Estádio do Maracană
  • Arena Corinthians
  • Estádio Cícero Pompeu de Toledo (Morumbi)
  • Estádio do Mineirăo
  • Estádio Beira-Rio
  • Estádio Urbano Caldeira (Vila Belmiro)
Konami Digital Entertainment, B.V. announced today that PES 2017 will feature all 16 teams in the first division of the Chilean national league. KONAMI will feature the current kits and players from each respective team, allowing fans to take to the pitch adorned as one of their favourite teams from Chile.
PES 2017 will feature the following Chilean teams: Audax Italiano, Cobresal, Colo-Colo, Deportes Antofagasta, Deportes Iquique, Deportes Temuco, Everton de Vińa del Mar, Huachipato, O'Higgins, Palestino, San Luis Quillota, Santiago Wanderers, Unión Espańola, Universidad Católica, Universidad de Chile and Universidad de Concepción.

Top 10 OVR players in Fifa 17:

Messi 94
Ronaldo 94
Suarez 91
Bale 89
Neymar 90
Neuer 92
Boateng 90
De Gea 90
Zlatan 89
Lewandowski 90

Last edited by djsatu : 08-31-2016 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:56 AM   #3
djsatu
High School Varsity

FIFA 17 demo out on Tuesday when PES comes out! I have already preordered PES, but will have impressions for both games next week so stay tuned.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:15 AM   #4
djsatu
High School Varsity

The players look stunning in PES 2017.

Old 09-10-2016, 11:28 AM   #5
djsatu
High School Varsity

New Legends confirmed in PES with over 30 rumoured:

Puyol
Luis Enrique
Xavi
Ronaldinho
Rivaldo
Ronaldo

10 new legends in Fifa:

Solskjćr
Carragher
Luis Hernandez
Emmanuel Petit
Juan Sebastian Veron
Rio Ferdinand
Marc Overmars
Paul Scholes
Alessandro Del Piero
Carles Puyol
Old 09-12-2016, 12:27 PM   #6
djsatu
High School Varsity

Konami today released more images of in game faces. Can't wait till tomorrow!

Old 09-12-2016, 12:30 PM   #7
djsatu
High School Varsity

FIFA 17 Demo News:

As expected, a demo for FIFA 17 will launch on September 13 across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, EA Sports has officially announced.
In a blog post, EA Sports explained what's included in the demo, starting off with a "select experience" from FIFA 17's intriguing-looking "The Journey" mode. For the demo, you'll fill the shoes of rising star Alex Hunter and can play through a portion of The Journey as Manchester United.

Also featured in the demo is the Kick Off mode, of course, which lets you play matches quickly. While matches are loading, you can play new skill games; there are four new single-player skill games and three new multiplayer ones.
In terms of teams, there are twelve clubs from around the world playable in Kick Off. These include:
  • Manchester United
  • Manchester City
  • Chelsea
  • Real Madrid
  • Juventus
  • Inter
  • Paris Saint-Germain
  • Olympique Lyonnais
  • Seattle Sounders
  • Bayern München
  • Tigres U.A.N.L. (MX)
  • Gamba Osaka
There are three stadiums featured in the demo: CenturyLink, Stamford Bridge, and Suita City Football Stadium.
Another thing to note is that while FIFA 17's demo will also be available on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, the game's The Journey mode and some other Frosbite engine features are only on new-gen consoles and PC.

Looking forward to playing with Inter in the demo!
Old 09-13-2016, 11:52 AM   #9
whomario
Pro Starter

PES 2016 had one major issue Gamplay-wise: Goalkeepers were insanely inept. While FIFA has certain situations where you are almost guaranteed to score, PES keepers basically turned into the Mummy once you entered the 16 yard box.

The PES 17 demo to me had one major flaw as well: Through balls were ridiculously easy. So if anybody with the full version can check that, i´d be grateful.

Personally i must admit that i found the Fifa Ultimate Team mode extremely addictive and the PES equivalent to be pretty boring. And i´ve played the hell out of FIFAs career mode in the last month or so whenever i had some time. Once i learned the quirks and stopped caring about a challenge it was kinda fun transitioning my team.

The Master League getting some more depth has my attention
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 09-13-2016 at 12:25 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:22 PM   #10
djsatu
High School Varsity

Finally taking a break for supper. Have played a total of 6 games today after patching my game with kits,emblems etc for the time being. What a beautiful game of football PES plays this year! I cannot believe how fun and fluid the game really is. Of all the goals I have scored so far, not one has been the same as an previous one. I upped my shooting level to advanced, so im still getting the hang of the aiming and power, but its the way to go for total control and when you score, you will literally jump out of your chair to celebrate! I have played on the default game speed, and tried one game on -1, but 0 feels just perfect for me. Alternating right now on top player and superstar levels. The CPU will make you pay for bad passes, and I love how creative they get in the buildup play. The defensive AI is MUCH better this year around their own area. Gone are the days of holding down speed and plowing straight down the middle. The collision detection system is insane, and really add's to the game! Love going up for a header to be bumped from behind by the defender and falling to the ground! Through ball battles with the defender clutching you is awesome also. I saw something pretty cool last game. The CPU player moved in front of my guy who immediately fell to the ground grabbing his face like he had been elbowed! The ref blew the foul and awarded me a free kick! Amazing! The ball physics are the best I have seen in any soccer game. Passing is alot harder this year, and you need to be patient in your build up. You actually need to put the correct power on your passes for the ball to get to your guy or the AI will easily pick it off everytime. I also love the different weight of the players. You can turn on a dime with some, and not so much with others. Just awesome! Also the amount of fouls and cards in this years game is greatly improved! Goalies and save animations are fantastic!

whomario the same goes for through balls. They will not get to your guys all the time. You have to mix in aerial through balls as well.

My only gripe is the commentary. It really is bland. I might change the language to something other than english just so its tolerable.

FIFA demo download will have to wait for the time being as im just so much into PES right now. However I am reading impressions on OS forums for the time being, and its a mixed bag. Maybe by the weekend I will get it! Would love to hear other impressions on here about both games. If you are on the fence with PES, get it! Waiting for the roster update before I start my ML.

Last edited by djsatu : 09-13-2016 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 04:46 AM   #11
whomario
Pro Starter

Aerial Through balls are still through balls My point is that IRL it is almost impossible to overplay the defense out of midfield with those unless the other team is pushing up or looses the ball in a bad spot. Seems the go-to play in PES for as long as i can remember.

FIFA Demo Impressions:

The Good:

1) The ability to call for your teammate to come towards you for a short pass is a game changer (i understand PES has an even more free flowing system, but i for one could not get the hang of it last year at all ...). Especially with a target striker like Ibrahimovic it enables so much movement and space in the area behing him.

2) Long Ball physics have been highly improved, especially diagonal cross court passes (aka the Xabi Alonso) finally seem a viable threat to break down defenses that bunker down.

3) Teammate contain is more decicive, they don´t just jog behind the play but catch up and, you know, contain the ballcarrier. Nice adjustment.

4) New Corner, FK and Penalty system is a definite winner for offline at least.

5) Driven low shots are really cool looking, though maybe a tad easy to pull off.

The Bad:

1) CPU teams still feel incredibly uniform and bland ... Too much Tiki-Taka at the back for inferior teams, though maybe not as brazen as in 16 (where they would literally ping about 15 consecutive passes within their own penalty box under heavy pressure)

The "well, lets see what happens online"

1) I think that there will be a shitton of goals scored with all the improvements on offense. Defending will be a nightmare against good players.

2) The Corners will be abused to all heavens.

Couple neat goals i scored: XboxClips | Whomario playing EA SPORTS™ FIFA 17 Downloadable Demo

Rooney coming short, Schweinsteiger getting into the box and then using the new driven low shot to finish.

XboxClips | Whomario playing EA SPORTS™ FIFA 17 Downloadable Demo

no way that switch of play works on 16, where it always seemed like those long balls slowed down right to where the defener could get there. Whereas IRL it is a major weapong for teams.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 09-14-2016, 04:54 AM   #12
whomario
Pro Starter

Also, the story mode seems to be kinda cool. But there´s no way to explain to me how NBA2k manages to let you design you own player and EA (with way more ressources) can´t enable that. Also, i wonder what Zlatan Ibrahimovic thinks about being the player replaced by you (or rather, at first by another toke youth player).

Last edited by whomario : 09-14-2016 at 04:55 AM.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:53 AM   #13
djsatu
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Aerial Through balls are still through balls My point is that IRL it is almost impossible to overplay the defense out of midfield with those unless the other team is pushing up or looses the ball in a bad spot. Seems the go-to play in PES for as long as i can remember.

FIFA Demo Impressions:

The Good:

1) The ability to call for your teammate to come towards you for a short pass is a game changer (i understand PES has an even more free flowing system, but i for one could not get the hang of it last year at all ...). Especially with a target striker like Ibrahimovic it enables so much movement and space in the area behing him.

2) Long Ball physics have been highly improved, especially diagonal cross court passes (aka the Xabi Alonso) finally seem a viable threat to break down defenses that bunker down.

3) Teammate contain is more decicive, they don´t just jog behind the play but catch up and, you know, contain the ballcarrier. Nice adjustment.

4) New Corner, FK and Penalty system is a definite winner for offline at least.

5) Driven low shots are really cool looking, though maybe a tad easy to pull off.

The Bad:

1) CPU teams still feel incredibly uniform and bland ... Too much Tiki-Taka at the back for inferior teams, though maybe not as brazen as in 16 (where they would literally ping about 15 consecutive passes within their own penalty box under heavy pressure)

The "well, lets see what happens online"

1) I think that there will be a shitton of goals scored with all the improvements on offense. Defending will be a nightmare against good players.

2) The Corners will be abused to all heavens.

Couple neat goals i scored: XboxClips | Whomario playing EA SPORTS™ FIFA 17 Downloadable Demo

Rooney coming short, Schweinsteiger getting into the box and then using the new driven low shot to finish.

XboxClips | Whomario playing EA SPORTS™ FIFA 17 Downloadable Demo

no way that switch of play works on 16, where it always seemed like those long balls slowed down right to where the defener could get there. Whereas IRL it is a major weapong for teams.

Thanks for the impressions man. I'd still like to give the FIFA demo a whirl this weekend, but it sounds like its going to a beta year for them with the new engine. As for your long ball point, I will admit the aerial long ball was my go to in the game for a while, but this year feels totally dumbed down. It depends on which player is passing (Yes ratings matter), and how much power you put on the pass, and if your striker is making a run through or not. It's just awesome man.

I like your #1 good point for FIFA. This has been much needed for a while, and im happy to see it made it into a game this year. I also would like to see the ball physics in the game. Hope the on a rope feel has been worked on. Disappointed in the tiki taka passing, as I believe that was a major complaint in last years game on higher difficulties? (Haven't owned or played fifa in years!).

I played a 4 game set with Torino against Watford last night after updating Torino's rosters, and I lost all 4 on top player. I have yet to score the same goal, or yet to see the CPU score the same goal. Every game I am noticing something new as well. I also dived into the become a legend mode playing as a keeper, and it is so addicting! They totally improved that mode head over heels this year, and I kinda wish I didn't play it because im a ML guy, but the amount of modes and depth in PES this year is hands down the best I have played in a while.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:30 AM   #14
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Damn this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:30 PM   #15
whomario
Pro Starter

@djsatu: Yes, it was the major complaint. Other than that playing against the CPU was pretty fun, but that´s an "other than that" that was oversahdowing everything good ...

What did they improve about Be a Legend ?
Old 09-14-2016, 04:57 PM   #16
whomario
Pro Starter

I think i am going to finish writing a paper tomorrow and might reward myself by getting PES. Worst case i figure i can resell for 2/3 value or so in 2 or 3 weeks if i don´t like it.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:39 PM   #17
djsatu
High School Varsity

Quote:
@djsatu: Yes, it was the major complaint. Other than that playing against the CPU was pretty fun, but that´s an "other than that" that was oversahdowing everything good ...

What did they improve about Be a Legend ?

With the AI much more improved, Be a Legend is really really fun. Unfortunately im stuck on Crotone in Serie B (Dropped after year 1), and we aren't very good. Im playing on SS level, and I see alot of action between the pipes. Its really tough to get a clean sheet, and teams will make you pay if you aren't in position between the sticks. Every time we attack, I want the CPU to come right back and get a shot on me. The box play is incredible with blocked shots, ricochets and all. My heart has taken a pounding these last few days haha. Every team is differant whether they play down the middle or use the flanks, long balls etc. Im up to 71 OVR, and climbing. Glad to hear you are getting the game tomorrow. Just in time for some big patches to be released on PS4 (If you are on PS4).
Old 09-15-2016, 01:02 PM   #18
whomario
Pro Starter

yeah well, i got NBA 2k17 instead ... Will get at least one the soccer games, but will wait at least till next month.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:04 PM   #19
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

I'm thinking about picking up one of these. Whenever I've played Fifa, I've felt like you have to play tiki taka such that every team played the same style. Does PES force the player in that direction too? Ideally, I'd like to be able to play a more expansive style where you can do something like switch the ball. Fifa seems to have a hard time with this type of strategy. Is it more possible in PES?
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 09:15 PM   #20
whomario
Pro Starter

The FIFA demo gives you a better chance at playing that way yourself than i saw in 16 (see f.e one of the goals i posted, no way that switch of play works in 16), the issue might still be the opponent passing the ball arround like Barcelona on a good day under pressure.

PES by all accounts does this very well for either side (i.e. allowing different styles while also forcing you to adjust to the opponent). But that might be sth you can test out in the demo decently yourself ?

Last edited by whomario : 09-15-2016 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:19 PM   #21
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

How do you play leagues on PES2017? The Premier League isnt an option right? Do they combine a bunch of teams they have agreements with into 1 super league? When I played PES 10 years ago I loved the game play but you couldnt really do anything as far as career mode.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:52 PM   #22
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
How do you play leagues on PES2017? The Premier League isnt an option right? Do they combine a bunch of teams they have agreements with into 1 super league? When I played PES 10 years ago I loved the game play but you couldnt really do anything as far as career mode.

You can play the Premier League, it´s just not "the Premier League" i.e. fake names and such.
There´s multiple such leagues, some licenced and others not, then you qualify for the Champions League and the Europa league (both officially licensed) just like you would in FIFA or FM.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:41 AM   #23
djsatu
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post

You can play in England 1 and 2, Spain, Portugal, Brazilian, Dutch, Italian, French 1 and 2, Chilean, Argentina, Asia, Bundesliga (with a special patch on ps4). Think I'm missing a few but Konami released the first roster update yesterday so all teams are up to date, and there are already several patches available for ps4 that fix all teams names, jerseys, stadiums, managers, logos so the game is complete. I'm just updating all player stats for the serie a as it's my favorite league even though Inter drive me to drink. The career mode is called master league and you run your team by buying, selling, bringing up youth players, scouting etc. Much fun to be had man!

A couple of guys on pes gaming are releasing a classic teams patch shortly with around 60 of the greatest teams teams ever from the 40's on with players. This is what I wanted to have in this year's game, and I cannot wait! It's a lot of work, but the amount of customization you can do in pes is crazy good.

Last edited by djsatu : 09-16-2016 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:31 AM   #24
whomario
Pro Starter

I caved

This will test my self-control, having now two awesome sports games lying around but still having to write another paper in the next 2 1/2 weeks But hey, 24 hours in a day and all that stuff ... This weekend is for free time anyway and with basically everybody i would care to meet off to greener pastures for holidays and stuff

Anyhow, even in the first friendly playing with an alien control scheme (i always change sprint to the trigger and swap shooting and crosses) i already had a blast in the friendly you can play while the game installs. Ramsey score a terrific goal from a mistake by me (i never even figured he would try to disposes me, never happens that way in FIFA), then i had 60% of the ball for the match and had already 2 WOW moments:

XboxClips | Whomario playing Pro Evolution Soccer 2017

Seriously, that might have been the most beautiful virtual soccer play i´ve had in years aside from the finish

The the late equalizer of a corner:

that´s awesome "dynamic" and that finish does not work in FIFA 16 with it´s much clumsier animations.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:42 PM   #25
djsatu
High School Varsity

Quote:
I caved

This will test my self-control, having now two awesome sports games lying around but still having to write another paper in the next 2 1/2 weeks But hey, 24 hours in a day and all that stuff ... This weekend is for free time anyway and with basically everybody i would care to meet off to greener pastures for holidays and stuff

Anyhow, even in the first friendly playing with an alien control scheme (i always change sprint to the trigger and swap shooting and crosses) i already had a blast in the friendly you can play while the game installs. Ramsey score a terrific goal from a mistake by me (i never even figured he would try to disposes me, never happens that way in FIFA), then i had 60% of the ball for the match and had already 2 WOW moments:

Seriously, that might have been the most beautiful virtual soccer play i´ve had in years aside from the finish

The the late equalizer of a corner:

that´s awesome "dynamic" and that finish does not work in FIFA 16 with it´s much clumsier animations.

Awesome to hear man. I'm a big NBA2k guy myself, but I'm going to hold off on buying it for now. Don't want to get hooked on 2 games as soccer is my go to sport. I just can't see myself getting away from pes any time soon. Both of your goals were beauty's. That long ball over the top was pretty Try advanced for shooting and through ball type for even more sim play. Will put your button skills to the test. Turn auto sliding on assisted as for even more fouls in a game.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:52 PM   #26
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsatu View Post
Awesome to hear man. I'm a big NBA2k guy myself, but I'm going to hold off on buying it for now. Don't want to get hooked on 2 games as soccer is my go to sport. I just can't see myself getting away from pes any time soon. Both of your goals were beauty's. That long ball over the top was pretty Try advanced for shooting and through ball type for even more sim play. Will put your button skills to the test. Turn auto sliding on assisted as for even more fouls in a game.

yeah, already switched once i could get into the full game after installing
Old 09-20-2016, 10:46 AM   #27
djsatu
High School Varsity

Quote:
yeah, already switched once i could get into the full game after installing

You still playing this? Finally finished a Serie A update for my game so now I can finally play the game again .
Old 09-20-2016, 03:26 PM   #28
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsatu View Post
You still playing this?

Absolutely, having fun as well

Finishing in the box has gotten a lot better and i am now getting some good seperation with short bursts and quick turns. Only issue is long shots, not getting off many with the cpu really good at closing out and then missing a ton. But that´ll come i guess

Some fun goals.

1) That was just awesome. There´s no way to make that cross in FIFA. In PES, you just see that space open up and can whip it exactly into his path (and had it a couple others where it misses the attacker badly, so it´s not automatic)

2) Just a nice outside of the foot finish

3) Admittedly that is the Ronaldo fake, but still feel good about that one. Spur of the moment decision to try the shot fake from a pass and then lob/finesse it in .

Last edited by whomario : 09-20-2016 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:54 PM   #29
djsatu
High School Varsity

Quote:
Absolutely, having fun as well

Finishing in the box has gotten a lot better and i am now getting some good seperation with short bursts and quick turns. Only issue is long shots, not getting off many with the cpu really good at closing out and then missing a ton. But that´ll come i guess

Some fun goals.

1) That was just awesome. There´s no way to make that cross in FIFA. In PES, you just see that space open up and can whip it exactly into his path (and had it a couple others where it misses the attacker badly, so it´s not automatic)

2) Just a nice outside of the foot finish

3) Admittedly that is the Ronaldo fake, but still feel good about that one. Spur of the moment decision to try the shot fake from a pass and then lob/finesse it in .

The first one is my kind of goal. Love me a FB that can cross well. The second is perfect placement, and the third was WOW! The defender tumbling is classic, and that finish was beautiful. Love when they grab there head after a goal thinking like they really could have done something haha. Love it man, and im having a blast as well. Scored my first free kick in the new version from about 23-25 yards last night and it felt really good!
Old 11-06-2016, 02:40 PM   #30
BYU 14
Coordinator

Having more fun with FIFA this year than I have ever had, have some decent sliders that help with gameplay and seeing so much more variety in all phases of play. Here is a cool finish off a rebound.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 11-06-2016 at 02:40 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote