Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-25-2011, 06:34 PM   #1101
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm not worried because its not like we're in endgame here, the village will do fine. Plus I'm much more focused on game 7.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:39 PM   #1102
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I'm not worried because its not like we're in endgame here, the village will do fine. Plus I'm much more focused on game 7.

Think I need to have the guys over and call out on Wednesday.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:35 PM   #1103
Autumn
Head Coach

Sorry guys, I've been out most of the day. Frankly, I don't have much to add anyway. Hopefully we pegged it. I'll check in later to see!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:01 PM   #1104
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Deadline! Uh-oh! 7 against 1! That invokes the magic random pixie rule!
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:02 PM   #1105
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

mckerneywolf (400x303).jpg
"Drink and be merry, lads, for tomorrow we die," says the Scottish wolf as he sits around in his cave with his two wolf friends.

Autumn.jpgDaddyTarg.jpg

"Another round!" says an autumn-colored red wolf.

"Here's mud in your eye," says a third. They empty their glasses, lapping up the contents.
"Alright! I've got it!" says the Scottish wolf, "A new game! Every time a wolf dies, we take a drink!"
All three laugh hysterically, then the autumn wolf's smile fades and he starts to cry, "But I've got pups. I don't wanna leave em. Who's gonna take care of him?"

Autumn2.jpg

"Bah! Mother Wolf will."
"That's what I'm afraid of!"
The other two laugh hysterically again.
"Wait a second. Who's gonna repopulate the pack with her?"
The other two stop and consider this, then down their drinks.
"Not me. She scratches."
"And bites!"
"Wait a second, you there. Why are you moving around so funny, lad," inquires the Scottish wolf.
"Yeah, Yeah you've been dancing around for the past five minutes," adds the autumn wolf.
"I'm sorry guys. I gotta whiz so bad I can taste it!"
"Hehe yeah so much your eyes are turning yellow! Hahahaha!"
The two wolves roll on the floor laughing.
"I'm serious. I'll be right back!", says the yellow-eyed wolf and sprints out the door.
"Okay!"
"See ya later, lad!"

"He's screwed isn't he..."
"Aye! Dog meat. Cheers!"
They clink glasses.

The yellow-eyed wolf steps outside doing his little "gotta pee" dance.

The crickets chirps, the frogs croak, the owls hoot. It is spooky all around. The sounds of his drunken comrades echo behind him. He can barely keep on his feet as he looks around for a good tree to piddle behind, when he hears something up in the trees behind him. He looks up and sees the slithering hoops of the terrible python Kaa.

Python_molurus_molurus (400x387).jpg

He backs away as the head pops out of the trees and the tongue sticks out. He turns to run, but ahead of him is Shere Khan, the mighty tiger standing over him, flanked by his two wolf guards. He turns and runs down the path and there in the clearing is Tabaqui, the crazed jackal that started it all, taunting him with threats and laughing at him. The yellow-eyed wolf growls and charges, barking furiously at the mangy jackal. He opens his jaws wide and bites at Tabaqui...
jackal.jpg
Old 04-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #1106
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

animal-wallpaper-a-dark-mood-black-panther (400x300).jpg
Bagheera breaks through the underbrush, a serious look on his face.

"It is this way, Raksha. Right through here."
"Thank you, Bagheera," says Mother Wolf as she follows eagerly
They tread the ragged rocks and look up to a big yew tree beyond which the immense sky opens before them. The stars shine down. Bagheera leads the way, limping terribly from his encounter with Kaa, and still full of cuts, bruises, and cracked ribs.
"I'm sorry to ask this of you. I know it is a sacred thing...er..ritual...whatever you call it. I just wanted to see him."
"No, of course! It is my honor to show him to you. Mind you, it all depends on the spirits. They come to me as much as I come to them. Don't always know who I'll see. Or if I'll see anything."
"I understand."

He twirls around and roars and intones a sacred mystical passage. The stars twinkle rapidly, and the sky melts away into a cascading waterfall of clouds.

aurora-borealis-glow-wall-mural-frank-wilson (400x400).jpg

The clouds condense and dance and finally reveal the strong face of Rama, the wolf known to all as Father Wolf. Mother Wolf runs up to the edge almost wanting to leap up to the sky. She looks down at the great drop below. pebbles tumble down and crack against the cliff wall.

2911025682_bf92c0267c (400x300) (300x225).jpg
"Rama!" she says smiling. She can hardly believe her tear-filled eyes.
The wolf looks down on her and nods, as peaceful and refreshed as he has ever looked.

Bagheera smiles watching the two. Mother Wolf looks back at Bagheera uncomfortably. He nods his head and smiles at the wolf. He turns and limps off, tail slinking through the brush, leaving the two alone.
motherwolf-port.jpgfatherwolf-port.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQVeaIHWWck

Father Wolf blows a puff of clouds to Mother Wolf. She breathes in his scent and sighs. The clouds bunch around her and suddenly she gasps as she is lifted high into the air. Father Wolf flies down further to meet the cloud she is on and the two embrace and nuzzle. The night echoes with its music and the two dance in each other's arms. She remembers their lives together, how they met and how they chose each other. How they reared a wonderful litter of pups and how they found Mowgli. They spin together and gaze into each other's eyes. It is perfect. A night which she wishes she could hold onto forever. She sighs and closes her eyes.

The rough rocks jab beneath her feet, but not even that can take this away from her. Nothing could disturb this moment. The wind kicks up around her and whistles through the nearby trees. She leans into the touch of his fur and feels his paws on her shoulders.
"Oh Rama," she says opening her eyes again.
The maw of Shere Khan stares intensely back at her.

tiger (199x250).jpg

He roars and clenches her arms. She squirms to get free, but the immense tiger's grip is like a vice. There are no more clouds, but she is back on the rocky crag. She starts to scream but the tiger grabs her from the back, hoists her up, and shoves her head-first straight into his mouth. She squirms and pushes but there is no breaking free. The huge tiger is trying to swallow her whole. He chews and pokes holes in her shoulders and back. Her right arm breaks like kindling in his powerful jaws.

Brown_bear_rearing (236x350).jpg
At that moment, Baloo wanders through the woods, alerted by the roar, and sees the distress of the wolf halfway down the gullet of the immense, striped tiger. He charges forward, shouting.
"Hang on, Mother Wolf!", he yells as he grabs her backside and pulls. The jaws are locked on, so the bear kicks his foot into the tiger's gut and step on his feet, anything to make him stop.
"Let her go, Stripes! She's nothing to you now. Pick... on... someone... your... own... SIZE!"
At this last word he heaves and the wolf comes out. The two fall backwards and land roughly on the rocky terrain. Mother Wolf does not move.
"You think you can take me on bear?" rages Shere Khan, "You got it."
Shere Kahn pounces and lands square on Baloo's chest.
"This is the last time you thwart my kills, do you hear me?"
He swings his paw like a club and cracks Baloo right in the head. He scratches and claws at the brown bear. Baloo struggles to get up, but the tiger's weight makes it hard to gain any leverage.
"Pathetic. Just pathetic," says Shere Khan, standing to his full height, "Come on, get up and die like a bear!"
Baloo shakes it off and looks back at the tiger. Slowly, he gets to his feet. Baloo charges at the tiger who leaps over the bear and lands on his back.
"You see, bear, "whispers Shere Khan into ear, "I don't know what you know about the Law of the Jungle, but I am at the TOP of the food chain and stupid bears are somewhere near the bottom."
At this, Shere Khan rakes his claw down the length of Baloo's back ending at his bottom. Baloo winces in pain, stumbles forward and spins around just to get another claw across the face. He stumbles over and falls. He sees Mother Wolf lying there immobile, blood gushing out of her wounds. Suddenly he is grabbed by the feet and whisked backward through the air.
"Fear not, Baloo. Your failure will be noted and you will make a fine meal for me."
Shere Khan swings Baloo through the air and connects his head with a large tree, then a rock then the ground, knocking him silly.

cross-eyed-bear1.jpg
"But, hey mother, I don't wanna go to school. Hey Bagheera I think...I think...I think I like this ride. Snakes are friends, not food." says Baloo groggily.

Shere Khan continues to swing Baloo around until his head sounds and looks like a maraca.

baloomonkeesbig.jpg

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-25-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:30 PM   #1107
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Just then, there is a crunching noise behind the trio. Crawling through the dried leaves is little Mowgli, the man cub. He is naked and crying and still carries the sticks Mother Wolf gave him to play with. He flounces down in the leaves and giggles. He drums at the leaves with the sticks. He sees his friend, Baloo, playing with a big, pretty orange beast wooowoowoo. That looks like fun.

"I want a ride too," he thinks he says, which comes out as "ooooyayagyayaryrybadooo..."

He bangs the sticks together happily and repeatedly. The sticks connect and rub together time after time, until a spark catches. It flies off the sticks and lands squarely in the leaves.

"Oooooh!", says Mowgli, at the spark. He does it again giggling at the fireworks in front of him. Another series of sparks burst forth and the leaves before him start to smoke, then glow and amazingly an orange and red flower appears before Mowgli! Oooooh pretty red flower. Yay! He bangs them together more and the sparks make the flower bigger. Yayyyyy! He reaches forward to pick it but it is hot. Ow, that's no good. He sticks his finger in his mouth. The flower dances and moves in front of him. It is bigger than him now. He happily drums the sticks on a large pile of wolf manure, but they stick and he has to pull them out covered in the stuff. Oh that's no good. Ewwwwww. Gotta clean my sticks! He holds the sticks forward in the flower and after a second, they get a nice flower on them too. Yayyyyyyyyy! My sticks are clean and pretty!

He holds up his great flowers on sticks.
"Mama!" he coos in delight as he sees her lying on her side. It must be feeding time.
The pretty orange and black beast continues to give Baloo a ride. Mowgli crawls up behind them. He doesn't want to wait any more. He wants to ride now and they are not listening to him. He cries and bangs on the pretty orange tiger with his stick.
Ooooh! Pretty red and orange hot flower and pretty orange tiger. They are both pretty orange.
He holds the pretty flower onto the pretty orange tiger. Yaayyyyyy!

The fur of the tiger begins to light. Shere Khan pounds Baloo into the rock and lets go. He stands there panting and looking at his masterpiece. Baloo is battered and sliced and barely able to move, looking up at the tiger before him that's about to kill him. Mowgli reaches the stick forward and dribbles it off the ground and up to the dangling fur between Shere Khan's legs. The many lit places on his fur come together and a large flame ignites on the tiger. He roars in pain as his crotch and backside is now alight. Mowgli claps and watches the orange and black striped tail sway back and forth in front of him and grabs on. Oooooh so soft. He sticks the sharp end of one of his sticks squarely into the tail.

Shere Khan jumps forward in pain towards the tree and turns. The mancub is there! The delectable scrumptious rare, never-before-eaten mancub. The mancub that the Law of the Jungle strictly forbade him to eat, for eating a mancub would mean that bigger men would appear with guns. But that doesn't matter. He is his prize, he is his feast, HE IS SHERE KHAN'S QUARRY! But wait! The mancubs hands! They can call forth man's red flower. It burns. YES IT BURNS!!!! The tigers eyes go big as he feels the pain on his backside. The mancub stands in front of him, controlling the flower that he seemed to call forth from his hands!

"Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!" the tiger screams, "stay away!"

The mancub crawls forward happily wanting to ride the tiger and bangs his stick on the ground again. The tiger roars and leaps forward through the underbrush in a total panic, the fire now covering his lower back and spreading to his underside and tail. The stick jammed in his tail connects repeatedly with his butt and stings him. He swings it left and right. Immediately the jungle around him begins to light ablaze. The tiger runs fast and furious, bouncing off trees, exploding through the grass, careening off rocks, in an utter panic at the deadly magic of Mowgli the flower maker. The jungle around him is now in a blaze as the tiger continues to burn.

Mowgli drops the sticks and begins to cry.

"Mamaaaaaaa!" he cries. "Mama!"
Mowgli crawls to his mother and hugs her close, wanting a tiger ride, wanting food, and wanting his mother. He cries and presses against her fur. Slowly a paw wraps around him and she opens her eyes and licks his face, smiling. Baloo groggily sits up, his thick skull a bit cracked and many bruises and breaks all over his body and smiles as he watches Shere Khan burn like a moving bonfire in the distance.

The three limp back to the middle of wolf camp, where a very shocked Bagheera awaits them. The three of them gaze at the flames around them, at Akela trying to direct the remaining wolves what to do, and at the yellow-eyed wolf as he continues to bite at the tree stump he thinks is Tabaqui. The autumn-colored and Scottish wolves direct their friend to whiz on the fires to put them out.
Bagheera helps Mother Wolf , who is holding one leg up and walking only on the other three and carrying Mowgli in her mouth. Baloo walks up beside him.

"So it's over? "
"No, my friend," says Bagheera thoughtfully, "For it can never be over while the mancub is here. For a mancub will become a man and a man can never truly be part of the jungle. It is best the mancub be returned to a manvillage. And as he grows up, he will do what all men do when they have access to man's red flower: burn down his trailer park home using candles in his Christmas Tree, blow off his hand holding lit fireworks, and give himself 1st degree burns by dropping a frozen turkey into full pot of boiling scalding oil. He can not live here. So what say we take him to the manvillage first thing in the morning, Mother Wolf? It is the only wise thing to do."

She considers this and sets little Mowgli on the ground.
"Nahh, I'm keepin' him."
She scoops him up and limps back to her cave. The two friends watch her, then look at each other and shrug.

Suddenly, the ground beneath them shakes. Akela and the rest of the pack fall over. The rumbling is coming from the council area. Baloo and Bagheera stumble to it, supporting each other. The rumbling seems to be coming from the unmarked grave, the last at the end of the long row taken up by the rest of the wolves. The rumbling gets more fierce and just as they expect some immense disaster, it stops and the rocks on it come to rest. Bagheera and Baloo stand up tentatively. Baloo sniffs at the grave.

kiplinggrave.jpg

"What in the world is that?" he says.

"Oh that?" says Bagheera, "That's just Kipling. He spins in his grave a lot lately. Don't know why... Come on! Sing us out, Baloo!"
"I thought you'd never ask."

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 10-11-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:47 PM   #1108
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

i225749298_47334_2.jpg

The blazing Shere Khan explodes out of the apocalyptic jungle, bowling Baloo over, and lands on Bagheera. The tiger stands on him, an evil look upon his face. His claws sink deep in the panther and his full weight holds him down.
"Baloo! Baloo!" shouts Bagheera.
Baloo stands up and tries to do something, the back of the tiger is one huge scalding bonfire.
Shere Khan salivates on the seer beneath him and laughs. Bagheera looks about wildly looking for an exit. He looks for Baloo, he looks for Akela, he looks up to the stars for help from the spirits, but Shere Khan grabs his head pulls it down to look him straight in the eye.
"No, Bagheera. You look here, you will look at me. For there is only fire, only death, only me. Witness your failure and destruction and my triumph. This is my ultimate triumph."

Tiger_Fire.jpg

Bagheera looks at the fierce tiger. The painful flames surround him and catch onto his coat. He is being crushed by the tiger's weight. His fight is gone, his entire body has caught fire, he looks back at the tiger and bows his head...waiting. The tiger roars at Bagheera and with one bite of Shere Khan's razor sharp fangs severs the panther's head.

Baloo watches in horror as the flame soars higher into the night and totally consume the two animals. They burn too hot to even approach and finally there is no more movement from either of them. He lowers his head in sadness and weeps, then looks up at the stars. The sky shimmers and another bright star twinkles into view.

3003018 (400x267).jpg

In the distance the last remaining wolves of the Seeonee Wolf pack howl into the night.

The end

[The Jackal was Shere Khan. Narcizo was Bagheera. The Seeonee wolf pack wins (although they may have to move now).]

[It's remaining members of Akela (the PackFanatic), Guardian Baloo (Zinto), Autumn the red wolf, mckerney the scottish wolf, yellow-eyed DaddyTargo, and Mother Wolf (Darth Vilus) begin a new book in their life with the pack. Thank you all for playing!]

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 10-11-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:53 PM   #1109
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Cast of Characters
Start the following as you roll through the credits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ioIylqRPXU

The Pack Leaders

baloobear.jpg Zinto as Baloo Brown_bear_rearing (236x350).jpg

panther5.jpgNarcizo as Bagheera kaaaaaa (400x300).jpg

fatherwolf.jpg EagleFan as Father Wolf

motherwolf (400x300).jpg Darth Vilus as Mother Wolfmotherwolf1.jpg

PackerFanatic as Akela akela.jpg gray_wolf (427x640) (300x450) (267x400).jpg

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-26-2011 at 01:53 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #1110
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Shere Khan's Forces

Windows_7_Wallpaper_-_Bengal_Tiger (400x300).jpgi225749298_47334_2.jpg The Jackal as Shere Khan

jackal.jpg JAG as Tabaqui variants_4126.jpgtabaquigrin.jpg

kaa.jpg hoopsguy as Kaa kaa02.gif

J23 as The RRH Big Bad Wolf Telle_new (314x400).jpg

ZekeWolf.gif big-bad-wolf.jpg Mr Bug as the 3LP Bug Bad Wolf

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-26-2011 at 01:50 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #1111
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The Nightkilled Packmembers

Danny as White Wolf danny.jpg

Lathum.jpg Lathum as Roly-poly grey Wolf

Thomkal.jpg Thomkal as the Tomcat in Wolf Suit Thomkal2.jpg

Telle.jpg Telle as the Voguing Glamour Wolf Tellehypno.jpg

bhlloy as the Christmas Wolf bhlloy.jpg

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-26-2011 at 12:44 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #1112
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The Lynched

dwardzala as the Warrior Black Wolf dwardzala.jpg

mauboy.jpg mauboy as Crazy happy wolf

The Surviving Pack

mckerneywolf (400x303).jpg mckerney as Scottish Wolf
Autumn.jpg Autumn as autumn-colored Red Wolf Autumn2.jpg

Daddy Targo as "Have to pee so bad my eyes are yellow" wolfDaddyTarg.jpg

and

Gonzo.jpg

Gonzo

as

"Timber"

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-26-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #1113
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Written and Directed by Crimson Fox (and a guy named Rudyard) OutFoxed.jpg

This game was based on the book The Jungle Book, by Rudyard Kipling, especially the first story "Mowgli's Brothers" as well as the animated TV special "Mowgli's Brothers" by Bugs Bunny Animator Chuck Jones based off the same. Many descriptions and early scenes used text or paraphrases from the book/special, especially post #974 which is pretty much verbatim except for a couple minor modifications to match the scene with what was going on plus the addition of punching a chipmunk (but who doesn't love that!)

Soundtrack

"Bungle In The Jungle" by Jethro Tull
"Hungry Like the Wolf" by Duran Duran
"Jungle Boogie" by Kool and the Gang
"2112" by Rush
"Morning Has Broken" by Cat Stevens
"No One Lives Forever" by Oingo Boingo
"Run Through The Jungle" by Creedence Clearwater Revival
"Christmas At Ground Zero" by "Weird"Al Yankovic
"Jungle Love" by The Steve Miller Band
"Moonlight Sonata" by Ludwig van Beethoven
"Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns and Roses

Animations and film clips

"Your Face" by Bill Plympton
"Kill Bill Volume 1" featuring Lucy Lui, Directed by Quentin Tarentino
"Rufus Xavier Sasperilla (Pronouns)" - Schoolhouse Rock Sung by Jack Sheldon, Written by Bob Dorough

Pictures

Pictures were random animal and nature pictures except for Kaa, which were pictures of Sir Hiss from Robin Hood, Kaa from The Jungle Book and the Snakes from Dragon's Lair.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-29-2011 at 03:44 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #1114
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Well done village.

Thanks for running the game CF, had a blast.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:22 PM   #1115
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Awesome, had a blast

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:27 PM   #1116
Zinto
College Starter

Awesome game CF thanks for running it.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:31 PM   #1117
The Jackal
Coordinator

Great game CF, ranks up there with some of the best for the entertainment value of the writeups, hopefully for those that were killed and/or following along also. EF played a hell of a game, and we misunderstood/got very unlucky with the mechanics of Kaa on D1.

I'd like to say I was never trying to use my lack of internet as a reason not to vote for me, and I tried to express that at points, I would've been bitching about it no matter my role... And I still don't have it!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:32 PM   #1118
hoopsguy
General Manager

As wolves, we controlled the days and got worked in nights. It was like a bizarro game of werewolf.

Crimson, I thought the write-ups were really good. You did a nice job of creating atmosphere for the game and it was fun playing and reading along.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:59 PM   #1119
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

hoops, if I didn't reveal were you guys comng after me that night?

I was debating about that but didn't want to risk making DV get killed if you came after me and I did nothing to circumvent it.

I was really feeling the pressure when you tried to vote out Darth that night. Was afraid tht PF wasn't going to duke. I figured there was no way that they were going to put a kill order infor Darth if it looked like I wasn' trying to save him (though I thought that I was getting too chatty about it that night).

These games turn on the little details. I almost used my power on day one (to clear up the voting records so we didn't have to waste another day). Then I had already sent the order in to use it on PF if he wasn't lynched on day two (I felt certain that he was a wolf with how day one worked out).

Funny that Darth kept mentioning hoops and I kept saying "nah, he's a villager (though the last time I thought that he was a wolf)" I guess I should have paid attention to that caveat a little more.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:12 PM   #1120
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

DVD Extras

Bagheera's Scans

NIGHT 3 SCAN

You gaze up at the stars. A lion's head gazes back. It says, "Why, what's this? A panther? You aren't my son."
"No, I'm not," you say, "I'm Bagheera."
"Oh. Have you seen a lion?"
"No. Do you know if Autumn is in league with the tiger, Shere Khan?"
"Of course I know that. I can see everything from up here. And he isn't in league with the tiger.

HE IS A MEMBER OF THE SEEONEE WOLF PACK."

NIGHT 4 SCAN

You leap onto your tree in the dead of night and chant the sacred words. The clouds part, the stars twinkle, the sky boils...

"Spirits from beyond. Spirits here me," you chant.

Father Wolf appears in the clouds, and smiles back, a calm and peaceful look on his face.

"Father Wolf, I am honored by your presence and am proud to have known you, my friend."

The clouds reach down and whisk you off the branch into the air towards the face and give you a big hug.

"Thank you, my friend. I am in need of your help. Is hoopsguy in the forces of Shere Khan?"

Father Wolf looks puzzled, then shrugs.
You sigh and look back. Father Wolf gets an idea. His face disappears momentarily and he holds up Tabaqui's growling face.

"Hey get your paws off of me, you mangy mutt. What gives!"

"Tabaqui you must tell me about hoopsguy."

"Him? I'm fed up with him. All of them. They got me in the mess I'm in now! Sure hoopsguy is one of THE FORCES OF SHERE KHAN!"

NIGHT 5 SCAN

You limp to the summoning site but cannot even make the jump up to your tree. You are sore and sigh heavily. You gaze up at the moon, looking for answers, then crouch down to lick your paw. Your belly stings a little from the bite from Kaa. In fact all of your muscles and bones ache and you're pretty sure you have a broken rib or two. Not able to stand anymore you lie down, exhausted and begin to doze off, then shake yourself awake. You must do this. You have to save the pack! You are their only hope! You gaze up at the stars and recite the sacred words.

The sky beeps at you like a busy signal. You sigh and recite them again. Finally there's a dial tone and a double-ring. It double-rings again. It double-rings a third time and finally a pick up.

"Hello?" you hear.
"Um, hello, this is Bagheera, I was looking for information?"
"Yes this is information, what can I look up for you?"
"I wish to know about mckerney. Which side is he on? Who is he?"
"Um....he's Appollonia Vitelli."
"Eh?" you say confused.
"Oh I'm sorry, that's Godfather." You hear the flipping of pages.
"Um, he's a member of the Vampiri family."
"What? There's no Vampiri family here."
"No, sorry, that's Vegas Baby. Hmmm. Listen, what number are you on?"
"Um..."
"I know! The modern Scientist! No, that's Dr. Who..."
"CXXX"
"CXXX...ah...here we go, Jungle Book, yes. Wait a second. Here it is....Oh my! McKerney is...is...*CLICK*"
"BLAST!"
You say the sacred words again.
"Hello, this is information."
"I need to know about McKerney!"
"Oh yes, McKerney is a member of the Seeonee Wolf Pack. Please deposit about fifty dollars for these calls."
"Fifty dol-- I'm a panther!"
"The cost if fift--*CLICK*"
You chuckle evilly, but not too evilly, as you finish hanging up on the operator. That'll teach her.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-25-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:52 PM   #1121
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

wooo!

thanks CF...great write ups!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:07 AM   #1122
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Thank you all for your kind words, your extreme patience, and for indulging me in my unorthodox version of werewolf. And to think I kept saying I was going to run a "basic" game. It was a lot of fun and a total obsession and you guys are incredible players. Was a blast watching this chess game play out. Make no mistake, there were some very shrewd moves played and unplayed. At times it seemed some minds was changed based on a PM conversation from the other side. I will take the things from this game and work on a few things like balance and mechanics. But some things still could have gone either way. The village REALLY worked as a team for this win. Congrats!

And now the awards!!!!!!

It was sometimes hilarious seeing what went on both in thread and in PM and here are some fun highlights.

The Award for Most "Brilliant" Analysis
- goes to bhlloy

For Post 751, an indepth analysis against Eaglefan after he had already revealed as a roled villager.

The Funniest PM Award - EagleFan

After Roles went out, he replied to both me and DV: "So, DV is my bitch?"

Funniest Post Award - hoopsguy

Danny's eulogy - post #563 - This literally made me almost spit milk out of my nose.

The "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" Award - goes to Baloo (Zinto)

For guarding Kaa (hoopsguy) three days/nights in a row. Definitely gave me material for Kaa's death writeup.

The "Talk yourself out of a seer" Award - The Wolves

Who day 3 went from talking about killing Narcizo to "mckerney or narcizo" to "mckerney/Narcizo/autumn" to "mckerney/Narcizo/Telle" to "Thomkal/mckerney/Narcizo"

The "Talk yourself out of a wolf" Award - Narcizo

Switching from hoops/Autumn scan to Autumn/hoops Night 3 and then from Jackal to mckerney night 5 for his scans.

The "This Game Hate Me" Award - JAG

The dice really really hated him. A one in 12 chance came mindbogglingly true.

The "I opened my big mouth" Award - Thomkal

Wasn't even on ANY radar of conversations for the wolves to kill until post #754 with 6 minutes before deadline. All three wolves shouted for your head as seer with 3 minutes to go. And that was it.

The "Drew the most shocked reactions" Award - Lathum

Both wolves and villagers alike
both in thread and PM had no idea what to make of his posts , nor what role he might be.

The "All the cool stuff happens when I'm offline" Award - Narcizo

He scanned Packerfan, he went offline, and THEN Packerfan revealed

The "You've got it backwards" Award - EagleFan and Darth Vilus

EF: I think Narc is the BG and hinted about blocking me.
DV: I think Zinto is the seer.

"Most Deadly Reveal" Award - Packerfanatic

Tired of being a lynch candidate he revealed. And the chain reaction that occurred as a result was a series of moves the wolves could not recover from.

"Understatement" Award - hoopsguy

Before the game started I was talking to him about running games maybe being less streessful than the games I've played. He said "It's a different kind of stress."

"Nine Lives" Award - mckerney

I bet you thought I was going to say Thomkal the Tomcat. Not a day or night went by when mckerney's name wasn't mentioned by at least someone. I had already picked out his wolf days ago and had deaths ready for him, then had to come up with something else.

"Lame Icecream parlor" Award - The Wolves

For only liking Vanilla

Best retort to an earnest apology - dwardzala

Post 780 - After Dward's banishment. Thomkal felt particularly guilty. Dwardzala's reply made me giggle.

"Best comeback " - EagleFan

Post 788 - The reply to MrBug's commment was classic. I do think that is a rather large club now

"UtR" Award - Darth Vilus

The player was quieter then most field mice. 25 posts total, yet survived to the end.

"Chatter box" Award - EagleFan

147 posts (and counting), more than the moderator….and lynched day 3

The "Make the GM do more work" Award
- Narcizo

So it's the weekend. People are saying Jackal's name with decisiveness and I write the entire finale outline and a third of the scenes and then Narcizo says "Hmmm... I think it's DT instead of Jackal." at which point my heart sinks and I start trying to think of ways to kill off Baloo as well as figure out a new way to end it. I woke up the next day to see sanity restored and actually ended up using my new Baloo ideas anyway.

"My Spidey Sense is tingling" Award - EagleFan

Day 2 his Hunter orders were: MrBug/J23 and he relayed his extreme suspicions of j23 to DV, who on day 4, gave the orders of J23/Jackal
(so DV with a point here too)

Thanks you all again for a wonderful game!

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-26-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:25 AM   #1123
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Oh yeah, please vote for your favorite death/banishment scene:

Tabaqui - mauled by pack
White Wolf - killed by Shere Khan
Crazy happy wolf - eagerly killed by pack
The 3LP Bug Bad Wolf - attacked and killed by Father Wolf
Roly-poly Grey Wolf - vengeance killed by Shere Khan in the dirt

Father Wolf - sacrificed himself for the lynch, then disintegrated by Shere Khan
Warrior Black Wolf - banished to the land of D&D
Stuffed Animal Wolf - torn up by wolf cubs

Wolf-suited Tomcat - Coiled up and eaten by Kaa
Vogue Glamour Wolf - cannibalized at Big Bad Wolf's picnic
The RRH Big Bad Wolf - snout bitten and suffocated by Mother Wolf
Kaa - torn in half by Baloo and pack
Christmas Wolf - Airbourne claw to the face, knocked out of the sky
Shere Khan - Lit on fire and burned to death
Bagheera - Pounced on, caught on fire, crushed and head bitten off by Shere Khan

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-26-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:19 AM   #1124
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Thanks for running the game Crimson - I've always been worried about getting a major role in games where I'm not going to be around and I was really ready to call it quits after the first two days - but I tried to make up for it with analysis. The next two days made me content that I'm not a total liability in a major role (would have been worse to be a bodyguard though). I hope dwardzala doesn't have hard feelings or feel persecuted by me - I wish I'd scanned him on day one instead of Gonzo. Anyway I think this is probably my strongest game of the recent ones I've played in so I'm pretty happy, despite the scanning nightmare. I'm glad a postponed the inevitable Hoops scan so he had more of a crack at the game - should I ever be a seer again I'll probably go the same route, although I be much more specific in my conditions from the outset and will scan someone I think is very likely to stick around. It would have been nice to have finally survived a game as a villager, but ho-hum. Did you realise I was the seer when I was there one night Hoops?

I was so hoping that DT would be the last wolf today so I could have a little belated april fool's day joke and say that he scanned as villager. Stupid reality again.

My favourite death scene was Father Wolf - you were given a great plot and really did it justice.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:25 AM   #1125
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Day One

Sun 11:43 #71 Autumn votes Lathum (1)
Sun 14:28 #76 Thomkal votes Danny (1)
Sun 14:38 #77 Narcizo votes EagleFan (1)
Sun 17:05 #81 bhlloy votes Zinto (1)
Sun 19:05 #86 EagleFan votes Autumn (1)
Sun 20:47 #93 PackerFanatic votes Autumn (2)

09:43 #96 J23 votes Eaglefan (2)
10:49 #98 Thomkal unvotes Danny (0)
10:49 #98 Thomkal votes J23 (1)
11:45 #113 MrBug votes JAG (1)
11:55 #116 EagleFan unvotes Autumn (1)
11:55 #116 EagleFan votes J23 (2)
12:47 #118 Danny votes J23 (3)

14:23 #128 Zinto votes Mau (1)
14:32 #129 Danny unvotes J23 (2)
14:36 #133 Mau votes zinto (2)
14:36 #135 Danny votes PackerFanatic (1)
15:38 #136 Narcizo unvotes EagleFan (1)
15:38 #136 Narcizo votes PackerFanatic (2)
16:13 #141 Zinto unvotes Mau (0)
16:26 #143 JAG votes mckerney (1)
17:17 #145 Zinto votes mckerney (2)

17:35 #149 Jackal votes zinto (3)
17:53 #153 mckerney votes zinto (4)
18:08 #157 Autumn unvotes Lathum (0)
18:08 #157 Autumn votes JAG (2)
18:23 #159 Darth Vilus votes mckerney (3)
18:39 #160 Dwardzala votes PackerFanatic (3)

19:09 #172 EagleFan unvotes J23 (1)
19:09 #172 EagleFan votes mckerney (4)
19:25 #177 Lathum votes PackerFanatic (4)
19:36 #182 Hoopsguy votes PackerFanatic (5)
19:57 #190 Packer unvotes Autumn (0)
19:57 #190 Packer votes mckerney (5)
20:02 #191 DaddyTorgo votes Zinto (5)

20:23 #194 Autumn unvotes JAG (1)
20:23 #194 Autumn votes Zinto (6)
20:46 #196 DaddyTorgo unvotes Zinto (5)
20:49 #197 Telle votes Packer (6)
21:02 #207 mckerney unvotes Zinto (4)
21:02 #207 mckerney votes Packer (7)
21:08 #209 Lathum unvotes Packer (6)
21:08 #209 Lathum votes bhlloy (1)

21:30 #217 EagleFan unvotes mckerney (4)
21:31 #218 J23 unvotes EagleFan (0)
21:31 #218 J23 votes Zinto (5)
21:33 #220 Packer unvotes mckerney (3)
21:33 #220 Packer votes Zinto (6)
21:33 #221 Eaglefan votes Zinto (7)
21:41 #227 mckerney unvotes Packer (5)
21:41 #227 mckerney votes JAG (2)
21:42 #229 DaddyTorgo votes mckerney (4)
21:47 #239 EagleFan unvotes Zinto (6)
21:47 #239 EagleFan votes Packer (6)
21:53 #246 JAG unvotes mckerney (3)
21:53 #246 JAG votes Packer (7)
21:55 #249 Zinto unvotes mckerney (2)
21:55 #249 Zinto votes Packer (8)
22:00 #256 Lathum unvotes bhlloy (0)
22:00 #256 Lathum votes JAG (3)
Old 04-26-2011, 01:25 AM   #1126
bhlloy
Coordinator

Awesome, awesome game CF. Some great reads by the key villagers and a good game overall.

So JAG was a 1 in 12 shot huh? What were the other possibilities for a tie mechanic?
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:29 AM   #1127
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Day Two

06:53 #322 Narcizo votes dwardzala (1)
07:41 #326 Mau votes zinto (1)
09:45 #339 Mau unvotes zinto (0)
09:45 #339 Mau votes Packer (1)
11:35 #361 dwardzala votes Packer (2)
11:36 #362 EagleFan votes MrBug (1)
11:40 #364 bhlloy votes J23 (1)
11:48 #368 Autumn votes J23 (2)

12:42 #378 Hoopsguy votes Packer (3)
13:11 #389 Lathum votes Autumn (1)
13:19 #400 EagleFan unvotes MrBug (0)
13:19 #400 Eaglefan votes J23 (3)
13:43 #419 J23 votes mckerney (1)
14:03 #432 MrBug votes EagleFan (1)
14:41 #446 Darth Vilus votes Packer (4)

16:14 #460 Packer votes J23 (4)
16:17 #461 zinto votes Mau (1)
16:24 #463 bhlloy unvotes J23 (3)
16:41 #466 Telle votes DaddyTorgo (1)

Packer Reveals

17:21 #483 Autumn unvotes J23 (2)
17:21 #483 Autumn votes DaddyTorgo (2)
17:33 #485 Jackal votes DaddyTorgo (3)
17:56 #486 Hoops unvotes Packer (3)
17:59 #490 Mau unvotes Packer (2)
17:59 #490 Mau votes Thomkal (1)
17:59 #491 Hoops votes Mau (2)
18:16 #500 dwardzala unvotes Packer (1)

18:50 #507 dwardzala votes Mau (3)
19:06 #508 Packer unvotes J23 (1)
19:06 #509 Packer votes Mau (4)
19:30 #520 MrBug unvotes EagleFan (0)
19:42 #528 mau unvotes thomkal (0)
19:44 #530 mau votes Autumn (2)
19:56 #536 mau unvotes Autumn (1)
19:56 #536 mau votes Packer (2)

20:10 #542 Thomkal votes dwardzala (2)
20:15 #545 bhlloy votes Autumn (2)
20:23 #547 J23 unvotes mckerney (0)
20:32 #550 J23 votes dwardzala (3)
20:36 #553 MrBug votes J23 (2)
20:48 #559 mckerney votes Autumn (3)
21:04 #568 EagleFan unvotes J23 (1)
21:04 #569 EagleFan votes Autumn (4)
21:20 #573 DaddyTorgo votes Autumn (5)

21:52 #593 Mau unvotes Packer (1)
21:52 #593 Mau votes Autumn (6)
21:53 #594 Thomkal unvotes dwardzala (2)
21:53 #594 Thomkal votes mau (5)
21:57 #600 Telle unvotes DaddyTorgo (2)
21:57 #600 Telle votes mau (6)
21:57 #601 DaddyTorgo unvotes Autumn (5)
21:57 #601 DaddyTorgo votes mau (7)
Old 04-26-2011, 01:31 AM   #1128
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Day Three

07:51 #670 Narcizo votes Darth Vilus (1)
09:25 #677 Autumn votes DaddyTorgo (1)
10:03 #678 EagleFan votes Autumn (1)
14:43 #692 Thomkal votes dwaldzala (1)
14:46 #693 Darth Vilus votes Autumn (2)
15:04 #694 Narcizo unvotes Darth Vilus (0)
15:04 #694 Narcizo votes Dwardzala (2)
15:13 #695 Telle votes DaddyTorgo (2)
15:22 #697 Packer votes Autumn (3)
15:36 #699 Bhlloy votes dwardzala (3)

16:03 #703 Jackal votes Dwardzala (4)
16:43 #704 Zinto votes DaddyTorgo (3)
17:45 #708 J23 votes Dwardzala (5)
18:04 #709 mckerney votes Autumn (4)
18:06 #710 Packer unvotes Autumn (3)
18:06 #710 Packer votes Dwardzala (6)
18:17 #711 Dwardzala votes Thomkal (1)

19:05 #714 Hoops votes DaddyTorgo (4)
20:07 #719 EagleFan unvotes Autumn (2)
20:07 #719 EagleFan votes DaddyTorgo (5)
21:03 #727 Dwardzala unvotes Thomkal (0)
21:03 #727 Dwardzala votes DaddyTorgo (6)
21:22 #729 Autumn unvotes DaddyTorgo (5)
21:22 #729 Autumn votes Dwardzala (7)
21:39 #740 EagleFan unvotes DaddyTorgo (4)
21:39 #740 EagleFan votes Autumn (3)
21:56 #758 DaddyTorgo votes Autumn (4)
Old 04-26-2011, 01:40 AM   #1129
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
The "Talk your out of a seer" Award - The Wolves

Who day 3 went from talking about killing Narcizo to "mckerney or narcizo" to "mckerney/Narcizo/autumn" to "mckerney/Narcizo/Telle" to "Thomkal/mckerney/Narcizo"

I'm guessing my schedule helps out here as most people have forgotten what I've said by deadline so they pick up on something someone else said instead.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:59 AM   #1130
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And Daddy Targo makes it to an endgame!
Old 04-26-2011, 02:41 AM   #1131
mckerney
Coordinator

Yay village wolves!
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:27 AM   #1132
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And another reason the internetz is so cool is that you can type the words "Tiger" and "Fire" into google and have lots of options.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:18 AM   #1133
Thomkal
Head Coach

woohoo wolf pack! was looking bleak there for a while, but the seer living to tell the tale, and eaglefan's big move were the major winning blows for us. Packer revealing-and the wolves not killing him over it helped too.

Thanks so much CF for persuading me to play-I had been reluctant to because I'm a big theme guy and I had never read/seen it, so I kept turning him down (plus I was playing a lot of Rift, so didn't know how much I'd be here). And "vanilla" games usually don't interest me because usually there's not a lot of flavor or strategy decisions to be made. But this turned out to be so good I would have been kicking myself if I hadn't played.

Loved the individual characters for each wolf, regular member or not-it certainly was a surprise that I was a literal Thom, er Tom cat. The pictures, links, etc were just terrific and added immensely to the game. Now if you could only shorten those periods of time waiting for results. -I was up till 2 in the morning once waiting-which you noticed lol.

My favorite death scenes for a personal reason were mine of course, and then Kaa's later-I hope my bones punctured a major organ! But probably Shere Khan's death scene the most because it was the epic ending to the story. My favorite story moment though came from the unmarked grave that turned out to be Kipling rolling over in it-that was hilarious!

I mentioned in my parting words that I was surprised I was the wolves victim that night-I thought there was a better chance that Mother Wolf was going to take me out based on what EagleFan had said about me. I was puzzled because I thought I'd be a likely lynch candidate the next day, but after seeing Hoops was a wolf, I wondered if it had to do with my questioning of Hoops with his Packer vote before he got cleared and his response to Autumn's statement about Packer that I referenced. I thought maybe he thought I was setting things up so I could reveal as seer the next day? In any case glad my statement diverted you from taking out the real seer.

Oh and your being away for most of the day might have saved you. If you were around I was going after you as the most likely wolf on Packer before he revealed. I just didnt think it was fair to do so when you weren't going to be around to defend yourself. I'm glad my theory turned out to be right in the end, but I'm sorry it had to take killing Mauboy and Dwardzala in the meantime.

I saw in the other thread that you weren't happy with something about Kaa's power Hoops? What happened there and why did you decide to use it on day 1?

Great job CF!

Last edited by Thomkal : 04-26-2011 at 07:19 AM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:50 AM   #1134
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I really botched things for our side near the first deadline. When I switched my vote, I didn't realize Zinto hadn't moved his vote yet. By that time, I thought another vote swap would be too suspicious. At that point I thought of canceling the vote move, but there wasn't much time to think about it and I figured a tie wouldn't be that bad, a double lynch would give us an extra kill, a no lynch would look bad for PF, etc... Quite a shame as it was a fun group of teammates. Nice work EF and Narcizo with your analysis / gut.

Thanks CF, fun game to read along with.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:58 AM   #1135
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Very, very fun game - and the first time in as long as I can remember (maybe ever?) that I have made it to end-game. Plus I am glad to have played a decent role in helping my side win

Well done wolves and "bad wolves" alike...and thanks a ton, CF, for running a very fun game.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:12 AM   #1136
Autumn
Head Coach

Wow, amazing game, CF. I know how much work flavored writeups are, but I've never seen anything this extensive. I'm incredibly impressed, and also really grateful that you put this much time into our little werewolf community. That was great.

I think the day 1 hypnosis isn't a bad move. Frankly, I think if I was a wolf I would have suggested doing something similar. The village will chase its tail for days over a move trying to figure out why it makes sense. Sometimes it's better not to make sense. Really bad luck there though with the die roll.

I did'nt have my normal time to get into the game, and I'm actually surprised I didn't get more heat than I did. I didn't feel I was playing my normal villager game. but I guess Danny wasn't around to catch me at it ;-)

I did totally peg JAG, but I can't say I contributed much else this game useful. Sorry guys.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:18 AM   #1137
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Oh, and what terrible luck to have PF be the duke too, screwed out of an easy lynch there.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:22 AM   #1138
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Oh, and what terrible luck to have PF be the duke too, screwed out of an easy lynch there.

I was just thinking that too. The vote change would have definitely worked out in your favor had I not had a role.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:31 AM   #1139
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Do you remember who you were going to duke it to had you been "lynched" D1?
Old 04-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #1140
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Yup, it was going to be mckerney. I had thought of duking to someone not even involved in the voting (and I almost put in the order for Narcizo, since he was far enough away from the votes...thank god I thought better of it, haha) but then I figured it would be better in the long run to have a little vote history and know the alignment of someone people had been pushing.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:28 AM   #1141
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I nearly didn't scan hoops on day four either - figuring he would have made me as the seer by then so he would kill me night four if he was a wolf. Glad I talked myself out of that circular bit of logic.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:53 AM   #1142
Thomkal
Head Coach

I was surprised you scanned him myself after you tried to talk me out of my interpretation of his response to Autumn.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:05 PM   #1143
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Who the f$#k is Daddy Targo?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #1144
Autumn
Head Coach

I actually voted DT at one point, because of that misspelling. After Bug died, I thought maybe EF was the seer, who had been indicating a wolf scan with that post that said Bug so many times. I started looking through EF's other posts, and thought maybe he kept writing Daddy Targo as a clue of where he had scanned.

That's why I cooled off of DT once EF revealed.

For the record we need more codes.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:30 PM   #1145
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I think I'm going to agree with Lathum and say that having tons of vanilla villagers and vanilla wolves in a game is serious fun. Thought the other way around before this.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #1146
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Thanks so much CF for persuading me to play-I had been reluctant to because I'm a big theme guy and I had never read/seen it, so I kept turning him down (plus I was playing a lot of Rift, so didn't know how much I'd be here). And "vanilla" games usually don't interest me because usually there's not a lot of flavor or strategy decisions to be made. But this turned out to be so good I would have been kicking myself if I hadn't played.

Loved the individual characters for each wolf, regular member or not-it certainly was a surprise that I was a literal Thom, er Tom cat. The pictures, links, etc were just terrific and added immensely to the game. Now if you could only shorten those periods of time waiting for results. -I was up till 2 in the morning once waiting-which you noticed lol.

My favorite death scenes for a personal reason were mine of course, and then Kaa's later-I hope my bones punctured a major organ! But probably Shere Khan's death scene the most because it was the epic ending to the story. My favorite story moment though came from the unmarked grave that turned out to be Kipling rolling over in it-that was hilarious!

Very grateful you played. Most of the wolf deaths were born simply by choosing a wolf I liked and matching a personality to it. Yours was the first I think where the inspiration came from your name. Everytime I see it I think "tomcat". It was a silly idea that somehow really worked. I do think it was my favorite death because it was really simple and horror movie-ish and scary. Kaa's I did like too. A pretty epic death of a major villain. I later used other people's names to inspire what they looked like too (mckerney, Autumn, bhlloy (as so many people call him bholly, he became the Christmas wolf ). It did become hard trying to top each death scene but both the pictures and previous scenes inspired what direction things went. I am not sure I could have really sustained the momentum of the overall story had the game gone longer. bhlloy's was a fun quickie too. Reminded me of one of the Jason movies.

I loved it when actual ingame chatter and moves fueled a scene (like the Father Wolf scene) Kind of wrote itself really. The wolves would obviously disagree but I was ecstatic that ShereKhan was left for last and he chose Bagheera as his Brutal kill. A fitting ending and tied in with the actual end of the story too. (The man's red flower stuff).

Also it was fun hooking death sequences together based on the gameplay, like the Telle-J23-Mother Wolf sequence. But yeah it was largely connecting pictures and gameplay together. But being a writer I get off on this stuff and easily get carried away.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #1147
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I think I'm going to agree with Lathum and say that having tons of vanilla villagers and vanilla wolves in a game is serious fun. Thought the other way around before this.

I think it allows people to be more creative.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #1148
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Now if you could only shorten those periods of time waiting for results. -I was up till 2 in the morning once waiting-which you noticed lol.

Hey! I got the last one up on time!
Of course I had the whole weekend to work on it. And no one was even here when I posted.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #1149
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- nicely run game CF, the amount of work you must have put in is staggering.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #1150
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think it allows people to be more creative.

GM-wise definitely! And it does make PLAYING the game more challenging as there are very few people that can reveal and have it mean something. Mass-reveals do tend to kill a game.