Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-11-2017, 04:42 PM   #1
Izulde
Head Coach

DDS: Pro Basketball 18

What's New For DDS: Pro Basketball 2018 - Wolverine Studios

Looking like some key improvements here. The return of the defensive metrics is huge, and was probably the #1 most requested item, especially in terms of MP leagues. Control of D-League affiliate option is also going to be nice for MP leagues that have GMs constantly requesting that simmers add their guys to the lineup/rotation on D-league squads - that'll cut down on the work for simmers.

Being able to import 17 leagues into 18 and continued version transmission is another significant feature, especially for the guys like Dark Cloud. I'm personally loving the Summer League tournament and the tracking of player ratings changes - it'll save me time having to screenshot prior to updates in MP leagues, which I often forget to do.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 12:13 PM   #2
fortheglory
Mascot

I wouldn’t expect much of a response...for a board which was at one time a very sports management sim oriented community, people around here barely discuss the genre any longer for some reason.
fortheglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 12:22 PM   #3
RedKingGold
College Starter

I'm pretty excited for it, if only because it is the only regularly updated pro basketball text sim on the market since FBB is dormant.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:41 PM   #4
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortheglory View Post
I wouldn’t expect much of a response...for a board which was at one time a very sports management sim oriented community, people around here barely discuss the genre any longer for some reason.

It's cause we're old and boring now.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:04 PM   #5
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post

Being able to import 17 leagues into 18 and continued version transmission is another significant feature,

This is the one thing that may suck me in. OOTP is the only game I currently play regularly anymore due to being able to continue my game in each new version. I've bought, 3 I think, versions of Gary's game and thought they were all very good. I just don't want to start over every year or two and so, while tempted, haven't bought in a while.

The beauty of OOTP is I've played the same game since 2002 and have seen my baseball world develop over 15 years of real time with 30 seasons of games all played out one at a time. With DDSPB it's draft some good young talent, make a great trade, get ready to make a run and then throw it all away and start over with a new version. DDSPBB 18 seems to have fixed that. Only problem is my OOTP world is so real I now play year round and would have to put it up for a few months to play BB. We'll see?

As a Laker fan I can't think of a better time to start a career with Ball and a load of young talent. Then letting that BB world grow and develop over several versions is right up my alley. Will certainly follow the development and release of this years game
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:02 PM   #6
Icy
Pro Starter

Looking forward for it as I still can’t see NBA2k as a deep enough GM sim and while I play it a ton, it’s mainly because the awesome gameplay and not for long term franchise.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:55 PM   #7
Izulde
Head Coach

I'll admit, I'm super excited for this version. It'll probably be the first one since DDS 3? that I have a long-running SP dynasty for. For me, the defensive stats going back in is what clinches that status - they're what allow you to accurately measure a player's effectiveness on defense from a statistical standpoint.

Old 10-13-2017, 06:03 PM   #8
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I'll admit, I'm super excited for this version. It'll probably be the first one since DDS 3? that I have a long-running SP dynasty for. For me, the defensive stats going back in is what clinches that status - they're what allow you to accurately measure a player's effectiveness on defense from a statistical standpoint.

Please tell me we will see another Mateen Yeaton type dynasty?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:33 PM   #9
tarcone
Coordinator

I bought 17 about 6 months ago. Really enjoy it. Not sure I will get 18. Hate to keep paying $35. I know, but I dont buy console games anymore.

Any chance there will be a previous owner discount? (Im a cheap bastard)

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:15 PM   #10
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
I bought 17 about 6 months ago. Really enjoy it. Not sure I will get 18. Hate to keep paying $35. I know, but I dont buy console games anymore.

Any chance there will be a previous owner discount? (Im a cheap bastard)

Yes we will do some kind of upgrade deal for a pre-order period or something like last year. I like the idea of giving our customers a break if they're being loyal and buying each year.

The one thing we have found so far on importing leagues is that you have to import before the schedule is created since the schedule dates changed in the game with the playoffs so keep that in mind if you're finishing up a PB17 season right now.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:34 AM   #11
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Please tell me we will see another Mateen Yeaton type dynasty?

Damn it. I started re-reading that dynasty and then got sucked into spending the night reliving the whole thing. I remembered most of it, but got a couple of things wrong in my recollections.

Really disappointed the computer issue happened when it did. Thought that was going to be the year we *finally* broke through.