Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-01-2006, 11:40 AM   #601
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Do none of my fellow wolves have the same info i do?

The only info I have is what is posted here.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:41 AM   #602
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I am inclined to believe that hoops is on the side of angels, meaning wolves, here though not necessarily that he is actually the bodyguard. If ardent is a bad guy, as some would suspect early on, then he played it poorly by being the last one to vote, though that seems to have been out of his control. By being in that situation he as possibly in the situation of having to cast the lynching vote on one of two good guys so either way he comes off as bad.

Path made my list of people who have 100% voting correctly. Alan brings up some more good points against him. Therefore I'm quite content to look in his direction now, pending further reveals.

Vote Path
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:42 AM   #603
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Do none of my fellow wolves have the same info i do?
Patience. Wait until about 4 eastern before you worry that no one else has info. Some people won't have checked in since this all started going down. I find that between 4 and 5 eastern is when things generally start to heat up. I would rather not blow things prematuraley in a late morning/early afternoon panic when we still have so much time before lynch.

Fozzie: Can you update the thread title?
Old 06-01-2006, 11:43 AM   #604
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Also, I'm tired and my memory is poor. Exactly how did our "Lawgiver" friend rationalize his tie vote thing when the rules are explicit? I didn't find this that big of a deal yesterday but now that he's setting himself up in a position to vouch for someone else I grow more suspicious.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:45 AM   #605
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

blade, are you the witness?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:45 AM   #606
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Also, I'm tired and my memory is poor. Exactly how did our "Lawgiver" friend rationalize his tie vote thing when the rules are explicit? I didn't find this that big of a deal yesterday but now that he's setting himself up in a position to vouch for someone else I grow more suspicious.

My role actually doesn't say anything about ties - it references the rules for voting, which might mean ties, or might mean something else.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:47 AM   #607
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Patience. Wait until about 4 eastern before you worry that no one else has info. Some people won't have checked in since this all started going down. I find that between 4 and 5 eastern is when things generally start to heat up. I would rather not blow things prematuraley in a late morning/early afternoon panic when we still have so much time before lynch.

Then i shall wait. But as of now i expect no one to come to my aid. The only person who can, i rather hope he does not as he seems to be to be the actual bodyguard.

I actually might not wait, as id prefer he not need reveal...give me a minute to ponder this
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:49 AM   #608
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Yeah, sorry. Lack of caffeine
Old 06-01-2006, 11:50 AM   #609
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
My role actually doesn't say anything about ties - it references the rules for voting, which might mean ties, or might mean something else.
Do you have a post or two where you've discussed this? I'm going to go mow the lawn and will likely feel lazy when I come back in . If you don't I'm sure I can dig up where you've discussed your role.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:53 AM   #610
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Do you have a post or two where you've discussed this? I'm going to go mow the lawn and will likely feel lazy when I come back in . If you don't I'm sure I can dig up where you've discussed your role.

Yes, this has been brought up at least twice.

post 482:
Quote:
My role implies that the voting rules could change during the course of this game, and that I will be the one who "announces" the change. This could be tie-breaking stuff, or it could be other formulas. I'm just guessing what some of those changes could be: Perhaps if the wolf boss is lynched, those people's votes don't count, or count for 1/2? I don't know for sure that it's a change to the tiebreaker.

I will say this: When the rules change, I will let you all know.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 11:55 AM   #611
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Quote:
I am the Lawgiver, which means that I have some insight into how the rules about breaking ties fluctuate - and they DO fluctuate.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:57 AM   #612
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

As I've said, which you would know if you weren't so busy being a smartass, ORIGINALLY I ASSUMED MY ROLE HAD TO DO WITH TIES - in fact, my inability to read is WHY I WAS AFTER YOU ON DAY 1!!!! I have repeatedly pointed out that I have given up that assumption.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 12:03 PM   #613
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

blade

ARE YOU THE WITNESS!!
Old 06-01-2006, 12:03 PM   #614
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
As I've said, which you would know if you weren't so busy being a smartass, ORIGINALLY I ASSUMED MY ROLE HAD TO DO WITH TIES - in fact, my inability to read is WHY I WAS AFTER YOU ON DAY 1!!!! I have repeatedly pointed out that I have given up that assumption.
Ok, what about ties made you go after me on day one then? You didnt push for a tie, you voted for me and pushed me out of a tie..that does not compute with me(all smart ass aside)
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 12:04 PM   #615
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola-
I just wanted someone to do that to him for once...
Old 06-01-2006, 12:05 PM   #616
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
blade

ARE YOU THE WITNESS!!
No, i am not the witness. I am the victim, but this victim got lucky
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 12:05 PM   #617
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
dola-
I just wanted someone to do that to him for once...
See, it works..i responded after avoiding it the first time
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 12:06 PM   #618
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

You know...poking back to day one, Cronin said out loud he was going along with hoops for that day's vote. Now hoops came out claiming the bodyguard position and that he protected Cronin that same night.

Rewind. Hoops is a VERY good player. If I was a wizard, I'd be quite happy to get him out of the game as soon as humanly possible. If I was hoops, I'd be aware of this. If I was hoops and I was the bodyguard, I'd be protecting my own ass that first night, when I can't trust anyone but myself, ESPECIALLY knowing I'm a great one to get rid of early.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:06 PM   #619
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Ok, what about ties made you go after me on day one then? You didnt push for a tie, you voted for me and pushed me out of a tie..that does not compute with me(all smart ass aside)

What I initially thought was that all wolves had some knowledge of how ties were resolved, but that wizards didn't. So, when you pointed out the tie, as though it were inherently a bad thing, I used that to try to figure out who the other wolves were. But nobody said anything, and I went back and re-read my pm and the rules, and realized I had completely misunderstood everything. Anyway.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 12:08 PM   #620
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
What I initially thought was that all wolves had some knowledge of how ties were resolved, but that wizards didn't. So, when you pointed out the tie, as though it were inherently a bad thing, I used that to try to figure out who the other wolves were. But nobody said anything, and I went back and re-read my pm and the rules, and realized I had completely misunderstood everything. Anyway.
You stated exactly the opposite back then. You said i DIDNT say something, and that is why you suspected me. Not becuase i said ties were bad.
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 12:12 PM   #621
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
You stated exactly the opposite back then. You said i DIDNT say something, and that is why you suspected me. Not becuase i said ties were bad.

You said:

Quote:
As my last post for today i believe, i will merely state that as of now the wolves are making a mistake today.

When pushed on why you said that, you said:

Quote:
I was tied 2-2 with tyrith, mckerney voted me as well as qwikshot. Think what you will, i dont feel a need to defend myself or my actions(i cant do right no matter how i play it seems)

My initial thought was that only a wizard would think that way. But that was due to a set of assumptions which I have since abandoned.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 12:15 PM   #622
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

blade, I think it is very important to find out why you got lucky and weren't killed.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:16 PM   #623
Tyrith
College Starter

or weren't converted.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:17 PM   #624
st.cronin
General Manager

dola, though I should say that my play on that day was based more on finding other wolves than on really thinking you were a wizard - I assumed that there were others with roles similiar/identical to mine who would speak out. So far, only saldana has.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 12:17 PM   #625
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
You said:

When pushed on why you said that, you said:

My initial thought was that only a wizard would think that way. But that was due to a set of assumptions which I have since abandoned.
I dont see it the way you do, but that can be handled at a later date. Hoops is my focus right now
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 12:19 PM   #626
Barkeep49
Coordinator

There was a line in my PM message that I thought was a throw away line. However, after carefully reading cronin's post I think it might not have been a throwaway line afterall. Still might have been, but I'm willing to at least semi-vouch for cronin. And since cronin asked for hoops to give the letter of the name his bodguard is called, I too would like hoops to give up that info.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:20 PM   #627
Blade6119
Coordinator

Im done playing games, lets bring out the whole story from my side of things
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 12:21 PM   #628
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Im done playing games, lets bring out the whole story from my side of things
please do
Old 06-01-2006, 12:22 PM   #629
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There was a line in my PM message that I thought was a throw away line. However, after carefully reading cronin's post I think it might not have been a throwaway line afterall. Still might have been, but I'm willing to at least semi-vouch for cronin. And since cronin asked for hoops to give the letter of the name his bodguard is called, I too would like hoops to give up that info.

I agree, Cronin and Saldana are the only two who I feel comfortable with right now. my hesitancy about hoops isnt as much that I trust hoops as I don't know if I trust blade any more than hoops. I think Hoops has given us more than Blade has, and Blade is asking us to rely alot on his word which is a dangerous thing to do in these games
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:23 PM   #630
hoopsguy
General Manager

The first letter on my role is P. I'm not sure why you guys only want me to give that part of the info, but I'll play along for the moment.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:24 PM   #631
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
The first letter on my role is P. I'm not sure why you guys only want me to give that part of the info, but I'll play along for the moment.

I'm a little worried about the wizards knowing roles. P is not what I expected - I was thinking it would be G. Let me think about what P might possibly mean.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 12:25 PM   #632
hoopsguy
General Manager

Coffee, in terms of protecting myself on Night 1 - I had just been involved on the wrong side of a vote. Historically I don't find myself as the Night 1 kill very often. And I had a strong feeling that Cronin was the seer. I thought it was a pretty easy call to guard him as his support on me (on Day 1, different story on Day 2) could have been read the same way by the wolves as it was by me, even if Cronin was not the seer.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:26 PM   #633
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

P=Pack?
Old 06-01-2006, 12:28 PM   #634
hoopsguy
General Manager

Negative - I'm happy to give the name but it seemed like a couple of people had a reason for wanting me to vault it.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:30 PM   #635
Blade6119
Coordinator

Let me send my message to fozzie for clearence before i post it, so hold two seconds
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 12:37 PM   #636
Blade6119
Coordinator

A huge light engulfed the sky last night. I thought at first that the wizard was trying to destroy the whole village, but the light seems to be focused on me. I, being the honorable wolf i am, accept my fate and resign to dying properly with my honor intact. Suddenly though, i notice the light seeks out another wolf besides myself as well. Just as the lightning is about to destroy me, it strikes the other wolf. When this happens, there is a howling wind in which the other wolf communicates a message to the wizard about saving his pack from the wizard. With this, the lightning and thunder stops. As it all returns to normal, i hear the other wolf cry out (this is all paraphrasing, so i cant say the exact quote and all) how he will find the wizard, and he shall have his heartsblood run the ground. Mentioned in this second calling also was that the wizard was a traitor to the pack.
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 12:39 PM   #637
Blade6119
Coordinator

And with that,

VOTE HOOPSGUY
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 12:39 PM   #638
st.cronin
General Manager

I don't understand that at all. Conversion? A traitor in the pack? How are we supposed to interpret that?

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 12:41 PM   #639
Tyrith
College Starter

I'm in the same boat as cronin, that really doesn't tell me anything.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:41 PM   #640
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't understand that at all. Conversion? A traitor in the pack? How are we supposed to interpret that?
I was targeted by the wizard to be killed, another wolf saved me from the wizard..hence why hoopsguy claiming bodyguard throws out a million red flags for me.
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 12:42 PM   #641
st.cronin
General Manager

1.Anxiety
2.Barkeep49
3.Qwikshot - Blasted Night 1
4. AlanT
5. Mckerney - Torn Apart Day 2
6. Saldana
7. Lathum
8. st cronin
9. path12
10. ardent enthusiast
11 Tyrith
12.Schmidty
13. Coffee Warlord
14.Hoopsguy
15.tanglewood - Torn Apart Day 1
16.Blade6119

The boldeds are the ones I have about 90% faith are wolves.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 12:42 PM   #642
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I was targeted by the wizard to be killed, another wolf saved me from the wizard..hence why hoopsguy claiming bodyguard throws out a million red flags for me.

The way that was phrased it sounds to me like you witnessed a conversion.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 12:44 PM   #643
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I have reread it 3 times now I think. Trying to figure out what I can gain from this... So trying to look at this from a different angle.. if we are to believe Blade, then there is a bodyguard out there that saved his life last night. That would be easy enough to validate plus it would condemn hoops. You would end up with 2 good guys and 1 bad guy from that reveal which isn't necessarily a bad set of odds.

Now looking at it from Hoops's point of view, if Blade's story was true, wouldn't there be someone to back it up? Right now its Blade's word vs Hoops's word and thats all it is.

There are a handful of people who haven't checked in yet today, so I guess I won't leap to any conclusions here, but it would be very helpful to have someone at least validate either Hoops or Blade's story at this point. I just need more to go on before I end up in this mess.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:46 PM   #644
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
The way that was phrased it sounds to me like you witnessed a conversion.
They might have tried to convert me, but i am not witness. If i was not the target, i would not have been told. This other wolf took the lighting blast for me, and after being hit stated thusly that he shall find the wizard, and prevent him from killing his pack. Also, that the wizard, a traitor to the pack, shall be killed and his heartsblood shall stain the ground...its clear to me, no conversion..i was targeted, and saved by a wolf that can survive a lightning blast(powerful)
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 12:46 PM   #645
Tyrith
College Starter

I can buy that, the giant ass flash of light is in line with previous executions, and since no one is dead, it had to have been deflected. But...the wolves would have known that was true, and sending out hoops into such an obvious death seems foolish. I'm still extremely conflicted.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:48 PM   #646
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

hoops?
Old 06-01-2006, 12:49 PM   #647
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
I have reread it 3 times now I think. Trying to figure out what I can gain from this... So trying to look at this from a different angle.. if we are to believe Blade, then there is a bodyguard out there that saved his life last night. That would be easy enough to validate plus it would condemn hoops. You would end up with 2 good guys and 1 bad guy from that reveal which isn't necessarily a bad set of odds.

Now looking at it from Hoops's point of view, if Blade's story was true, wouldn't there be someone to back it up? Right now its Blade's word vs Hoops's word and thats all it is.

There are a handful of people who haven't checked in yet today, so I guess I won't leap to any conclusions here, but it would be very helpful to have someone at least validate either Hoops or Blade's story at this point. I just need more to go on before I end up in this mess.
I dont know if it was the bodyguard or the wolf boss(protect my pack might imply wolf boss looking over all of us).

I can say this though, i know for a fact one other player besides who protected me last night can comfirm i was clean up until night actions were processed. If they believe me to still be clean, they can come to my aid. I realize in doing so we would prob. both die, so i understand totally if you chose not to. I leave the decision of support up to you my brother, i have done and said that which i can.
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 12:50 PM   #648
st.cronin
General Manager

Well, I don't know what to think. I don't think hoops is the right way to go today, though. I think the wizzes are all utr at this point.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 01:06 PM   #649
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, I am pretty sure both blade and hoops are telling the truth. I would rather not say why right now. I think we will find that no one else will come forward as the bodyguard to challenge hoops' story.

I can't say right now why I am sure about blade but I am 99.999% positive.

I also feel St. Cronin and Saldana are on the level.

I know I am putting myself in harms way with these startments, I just hope the people I am supporting repay me.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:17 PM   #650
Tyrith
College Starter

Why are you so sure about hoops, lathum?