Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-01-2006, 03:40 PM   #751
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
I'm taking off in a few minutes to go play Magic. I hope that I'll be able to check back in and see what's going on later. Good luck to us. Well, some of us Good luck to the pack.

-Anxiety

This statement raises my suspicion level.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:04 PM   #752
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Pfft.

The only reason I have a computer right now is I'm supposed to be filling out some form for my passport.

I guess you won't mind the vote, then.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:18 PM   #753
st.cronin
General Manager

Updated votes:

Path - AlanT (560), Barkeep (602), Tyrith (730), ardent (736)
Schmidty - Saldana (561)
Ardent - Path (564)
Hoopsguy - Blade (637)
Cronin - Anxiety (676), Coffee (748)
Anxiety - Cronin (687), Lathum (689)

Not voted - Schmidty, Hoopsguy

Some possible shenanigans: Path and anxiety were tied 2-2, and then Tyrith and ardent put votes on Path. Ardent and tyrith are both mid-level suspects on a lot of lists. If Path turns out to be a wolf, I suggest this looks bad for Anxiety, tyrith, and ardent.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:24 PM   #754
path12
Coordinator

So let me make sure I have this right -- the reasons for voting for me are:

1) I'm posting and trying to contribute more.
2) I didn't vote for the fellow wolf yesterday.

Got it. Much clearer.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:27 PM   #755
st.cronin
General Manager

What worries me about this vote is that only 1 person I trust is voting for path. The people I trust have their votes all spread out.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 04:35 PM   #756
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Leaving for most of the afternoon...going to watch, maybe play a game of softball or two.

I don't know if path's a wizard/henchman or not, but he's kept his vote on me...and for a senseless reason, in my opinion.

As I believe he stated in regards to me...I'm sure he won't mind my vote stays with him.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:35 PM   #757
Tyrith
College Starter

All the "good players" have their votes spread everywhere. All this does is discourage people from actually taking chances, as while we sit around, anyone who actually votes for a good person is going to get jumped on the next day. It just shows that wasting your vote day after day is a good strategy for the bad guys to take.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:35 PM   #758
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Well, thinking about my timing, I may have 15 more minutes.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:38 PM   #759
Tyrith
College Starter

The thing is that no one has any reasons that make sense to vote for _anyone_ today. All we have is hoops chasing after people that voted for him in the late going. The only evidence we have has exonerated blade, probably hoops, maybe lathum? The fact that we haven't had anyone step up and say they were the person that took the bolt for blade makes me extremely unhappy right now.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:40 PM   #760
stevew
Hall Of Famer

It's definately a tough situation to be in.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:40 PM   #761
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
What worries me about this vote is that only 1 person I trust is voting for path. The people I trust have their votes all spread out.

At least this post boosts your overall count.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:42 PM   #762
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
At least this post boosts your overall count.

That's the important thing.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 04:42 PM   #763
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's the important thing.
No doubt.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:53 PM   #764
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
All the "good players" have their votes spread everywhere. All this does is discourage people from actually taking chances, as while we sit around, anyone who actually votes for a good person is going to get jumped on the next day. It just shows that wasting your vote day after day is a good strategy for the bad guys to take.
My vote sitting on hoopsguy tells you what i think of the situation. And lathum vouches for him and suddenly hes clear...i mean, cause lathum couldnt be a bad guy with hoops...I think hoops needs to go, so you have my reasoning.

Everyone here knos yesterday i wanted cronin and hoops dead, hoops being my second...he kills me, people see i wanted cronin and go that route. He gets pressure off and doesnt take the heat. It all makes sense to me right now, and until he dies a wolf i will think nothing else(or a seer reveals, is confirmed, and then clears hoops)
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:57 PM   #765
Tyrith
College Starter

I really, really hate my path vote now. I don't know what I'm going to do, but this isn't it. Even if he dies, it really doesn't give us much of anything, it doesn't seem ardent has had enough to plot evil schemes with him.

UNVOTE PATH
Old 06-01-2006, 04:59 PM   #766
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
My vote sitting on hoopsguy tells you what i think of the situation. And lathum vouches for him and suddenly hes clear...i mean, cause lathum couldnt be a bad guy with hoops...I think hoops needs to go, so you have my reasoning.

Everyone here knos yesterday i wanted cronin and hoops dead, hoops being my second...he kills me, people see i wanted cronin and go that route. He gets pressure off and doesnt take the heat. It all makes sense to me right now, and until he dies a wolf i will think nothing else(or a seer reveals, is confirmed, and then clears hoops)

Well, why would a seer clear hoops when you're the only one voting for him? Your vote does no good where it is.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 05:01 PM   #767
Tyrith
College Starter

Right now three votes is leading. His vote can still mean a lot; it only takes swinging two people, and one of the two no-votes so far is schmidty.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:02 PM   #768
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, why would a seer clear hoops when you're the only one voting for him? Your vote does no good where it is.
I was talking down the road, not today. It does not good becuase they have swayed you. I wont vote for most of the top canidates, i trust them...my suspects are the ones driving the votes, so i find myself sitting on my top suspect, hoops.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:04 PM   #769
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
The thing is that no one has any reasons that make sense to vote for _anyone_ today. All we have is hoops chasing after people that voted for him in the late going. The only evidence we have has exonerated blade, probably hoops, maybe lathum? The fact that we haven't had anyone step up and say they were the person that took the bolt for blade makes me extremely unhappy right now.

That might be the most interesting thing said all day so far. Fuck it, if I'm going down I'm going with my first choice.

UNVOTE ARDENT
VOTE HOOPS
Old 06-01-2006, 05:08 PM   #770
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
I would rather not say why I am sure on hoops right now except that I trust him for now, everything he has said adds up unless someone else steps forward there is no reason for debate at this point.

I can only see three ways this works.

1) Lathum is the seer.

2) Lathum is a witness, who watched hoops guard someone.

3) Lathum and hoops are in it together.

Option #2 is likely enough to give me pause...but if lathum were just a witness, why would he be so scared to role reveal? It isn't likely they would target him over a shot at hoops or better role (duke/seer). We just kind of let it go before he went off. If I'm alive tomorrow, I'd really like to get some hard answers.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:11 PM   #771
st.cronin
General Manager

Path - AlanT (560), Barkeep (602), ardent (736)
Schmidty - Saldana (561)
Hoopsguy - Blade (637), Path (769
Cronin - Anxiety (676), Coffee (748)

Not voted - Schmidty, Hoopsguy, Tyrith

I have bolded the players I trust the most.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 05:12 PM   #772
Tyrith
College Starter

Screw it, I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees. This route will either give us multiple bad guys or at least clear a couple of important people. Let's see what shit goes down this time.

VOTE HOOPS
Old 06-01-2006, 05:14 PM   #773
st.cronin
General Manager

That makes hoops and path tied, and I doubt either one is a wizard.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 05:23 PM   #774
Tyrith
College Starter

Then give me some sort of hard evidence. Right now I'm just voting this way because either way, we have more information afterwards, but all day no one has had any convincing arguments.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:27 PM   #775
Schmidty
Coordinator

I haven't been able to be around my computer much today, and that will likely continue for awhile.

I still feel the same way that I felt yesterday about hoops. There are others who may be bad, but I feel strongly about hoops. I just don't like his pushy vibe this game.

Vote hoopsguy
Old 06-01-2006, 05:54 PM   #776
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm not going to be around at the deadline tonight to move the vote, so if the wizards are successful in moving you then this is their night to do it.

There are multiple players who have come out and said that they trust me - wonder if that is because someone scanned me by now and knows that I'm telling the truth? Wonder why I've played nice with Blade today? And if you do take me out today I have no way to protect him in the days to come.

VOTE PATH

At the moment this is a defensive vote because I really want to stay alive and help us win the game. If I was able to vote without the pressure of saving myself it would be for Schmidty. And I would like to have the luxury of time to sort out the Barkeep/Saldana roles claim, as I think there is a good chance one of those guys is piggy-backing on Cronin with a bogus "mini-reveal".
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:55 PM   #777
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So what's the reprecussion if blade is wrong? The answer is likely nothing. I think we have a group of people who are better candidates. Now this is partially self interested because I feel losely in a circle of trust, but at the same time there's something about the way that Blade has played this game which strikes me as evil as opposed to just his normal in your face style.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:56 PM   #778
Tyrith
College Starter

I don't like this either, but I don't like the path vote even more. I'd follow a switch over to schmidty, which would make it 3-3-3 and create a giant ass mess.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:57 PM   #779
Tyrith
College Starter

Well....maybe I wouldn't follow. Damnit, evidence please~
Old 06-01-2006, 05:59 PM   #780
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Hoops I would like to sort out the thing with saldana as well if he's around.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:02 PM   #781
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
I'm not going to be around at the deadline tonight to move the vote, so if the wizards are successful in moving you then this is their night to do it.

There are multiple players who have come out and said that they trust me - wonder if that is because someone scanned me by now and knows that I'm telling the truth? Wonder why I've played nice with Blade today? And if you do take me out today I have no way to protect him in the days to come.

VOTE PATH

At the moment this is a defensive vote because I really want to stay alive and help us win the game. If I was able to vote without the pressure of saving myself it would be for Schmidty. And I would like to have the luxury of time to sort out the Barkeep/Saldana roles claim, as I think there is a good chance one of those guys is piggy-backing on Cronin with a bogus "mini-reveal".

You know what? I'm going to go with what you are this time. Your point about "playing nice with Blade" rings true. I don't think you'd link yourself with another baddie. Now if path ends up being good, it's your ass on the line tomorrow, in my opinion. You've been the shepherd, so if you're wrong, I think you would be the most responsible, just like I would have been yesterday if I hadn't switched my vote yesterday.

Vote path12
Old 06-01-2006, 06:02 PM   #782
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
You know what? I'm going to go with what you are this time. Your point about "playing nice with Blade" rings true. I don't think you'd link yourself with another baddie. Now if path ends up being good, it's your ass on the line tomorrow, in my opinion. You've been the shepherd, so if you're wrong, I think you would be the most responsible, just like I would have been yesterday if I hadn't switched my vote yesterday.

Vote path12

Dude, that made no fucking sense.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:03 PM   #783
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Dude, that made no fucking sense.

Maybe not, but I knew what I meant, damnit.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:03 PM   #784
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Schmidty's drunk.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:05 PM   #785
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well....maybe I wouldn't follow. Damnit, evidence please~

Thats the problem I have with all of today.. no one was giving evidence and everyone is holding everything close to their vest. While I think its important to do that to some extent with things like repeatable valuable roles (seer for instance), right now I think we have made stuff more confusing because everyone is making claims based on who knows what.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:06 PM   #786
Blade6119
Coordinator

go get em drunkie!
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 06:06 PM   #787
hoopsguy
General Manager

Tyrith, I don't have evidence that specifically points to Schmidty - as the bodyguard I don't have any inside information since the two people I have watched were not attacked.

But there were 9 out of 16 people who voted between Schmidty and Tanglewood on Day 1:
Blade - Qwik (161), mckerney (176), cronin (188), Tanglewood (251)
Tanglewood - Schmidty (209), Hoopsguy (213), Tyrith (234), Saldana (238), Blade (254)

- Cronin and I have both revealed roles.
- Multiple people have stated they believe "both Blade and Hoopsguy" (don't have enough time right now to look up post numbers)
- Tyrith and Blade both state they have someone who can vouch for them
- Saldana was the first to state that he had a role that lines up with Cronin (until given a reason to believe this, I trust his reveal more than Barkeeps but I'm trying to keep an open mind)
- Schmidty is the only one without any attachments at all

Schmidty also has voted for me on back-to-back days, including a late vote change yesterday. I recognize that it was between two wolves, but given the amount of time that mckerney and I devoted to this game I would like to believe that the wolves had reason to try and take me out.

UNVOTE PATH
VOTE SCHMIDTY

I hope that the wolves make good decisions here down the stretch. If not, then I'll be following along hoping that you can pull this off without me and that my death does serve to provide some clarity.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:07 PM   #788
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Thats the problem I have with all of today.. no one was giving evidence and everyone is holding everything close to their vest. While I think its important to do that to some extent with things like repeatable valuable roles (seer for instance), right now I think we have made stuff more confusing because everyone is making claims based on who knows what.
I have given you evidence...it damns no one, but i have shared what i can and put myself in dangers way to do so.
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 06:07 PM   #789
Schmidty
Coordinator

The saddest part is that I'm not drunk.

But I will be!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 06:08 PM   #790
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I have very little information to share and I'm willing to put it out there in the limited way that it might also clear another player. But really on D3 it's not so wrong to still be playing somewhat close to the vest as we're not in a crisis situation, yet.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:09 PM   #791
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
I have given you evidence...it damns no one, but i have shared what i can and put myself in dangers way to do so.
I know you're not going to like this, but I feel like I could have given similar sort of evidence and I have no ability to base it in reality. I mean you're not really someone I want to vote for today but unverified evidence only is so good as evidence. It does speak well of you that no one has tried to offer an alternate explanation.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:10 PM   #792
hoopsguy
General Manager

Damn it - Schmidty goes and changes votes AGAIN after I put together what is supposed to be my last play. My wife is going to frigging kill me for dicking around on the computer here ...

I've already discussed my reasons for voting for Path, starting after the deadline last night. But at its core, voting for him is a guess between two people I'm very suspicious of in order to extend my play so I can protect a key role tonight.

UNVOTE SCHMIDTY
VOTE PATH
Old 06-01-2006, 06:12 PM   #793
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Tyrith, I don't have evidence that specifically points to Schmidty - as the bodyguard I don't have any inside information since the two people I have watched were not attacked.

But there were 9 out of 16 people who voted between Schmidty and Tanglewood on Day 1:
Blade - Qwik (161), mckerney (176), cronin (188), Tanglewood (251)
Tanglewood - Schmidty (209), Hoopsguy (213), Tyrith (234), Saldana (238), Blade (254)

- Cronin and I have both revealed roles.
- Multiple people have stated they believe "both Blade and Hoopsguy" (don't have enough time right now to look up post numbers)
- Tyrith and Blade both state they have someone who can vouch for them
- Saldana was the first to state that he had a role that lines up with Cronin (until given a reason to believe this, I trust his reveal more than Barkeeps but I'm trying to keep an open mind)
- Schmidty is the only one without any attachments at all

Schmidty also has voted for me on back-to-back days, including a late vote change yesterday. I recognize that it was between two wolves, but given the amount of time that mckerney and I devoted to this game I would like to believe that the wolves had reason to try and take me out.

UNVOTE PATH
VOTE SCHMIDTY

I hope that the wolves make good decisions here down the stretch. If not, then I'll be following along hoping that you can pull this off without me and that my death does serve to provide some clarity.

Well, I guess that's that. I was going to go with you, but I'm convinced that you are either a human, or very confused (like everyone else).

I'm not a baddie, but I have no idea how to prove it. If I die, I die. At least then people will have to look at you closely tomorrow.

Self-preservation:

Unvote path12

Vote hoopsguy

Now I really do need to go. I'm leaving FOFC up and logged in, so hopefully I'll be able to check in before the deadline.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:13 PM   #794
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Damn it - Schmidty goes and changes votes AGAIN after I put together what is supposed to be my last play. My wife is going to frigging kill me for dicking around on the computer here ...

I've already discussed my reasons for voting for Path, starting after the deadline last night. But at its core, voting for him is a guess between two people I'm very suspicious of in order to extend my play so I can protect a key role tonight.

UNVOTE SCHMIDTY
VOTE PATH

DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unvote hoopsguy

Vote path12
Old 06-01-2006, 06:14 PM   #795
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Hoops: I'm not such a fan of you saying first that it's a defensive vote and now that it's a vote you're happy to do. Frankly I think a vote for path is a good vote, which is why I've been on him for a while, but would like it on the record that you think this as well so in future days it's not seen as merely defending yourself, which is also understandable.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:31 PM   #796
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I think an updated vote count is:

Path - Alan T (560), Barkeep (602), Ardent (736), hoops (792), schmidty (794)
Schmidty - Saldana (561)
hoops - Blade (637), path (769), Tyrith (772)
Cronin - Anxiety (676)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:33 PM   #797
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Ok, I think an updated vote count is:

Path - Alan T (560), Barkeep (602), Ardent (736), hoops (792), schmidty (794)
Schmidty - Saldana (561)
hoops - Blade (637), path (769), Tyrith (772)
Cronin - Anxiety (676) CW

Fixed to add my vote.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:35 PM   #798
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So I would love to see some consildation from 5 to say 3 candidates. Is far more useful in future days.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:42 PM   #799
path12
Coordinator

Well, I'm out -- 50/50 that I'll be back before lynch. I've already stated my case, and frankly you can do worse than lynching me since I have no role to offer, and maybe you'll be able to catch some clues from it.

Then again, we're also hammering the fact home to bad guys that staying quiet is good unless you're hoops/blade/barkeep and never, ever vote hoops.....especially late.

Good luck, wolves.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:48 PM   #800
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
Then again, we're also hammering the fact home to bad guys that staying quiet is good
Then you should be voting the way you're talking and going for someone quiet and not hoops who is as loud as loud can be.