Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-21-2011, 10:11 AM   #851
bhlloy
Coordinator

DOLA - J23 could be a good vote, just to clear up the first couple of days a bit more. He was the leader for a while on day 2 but there was a pretty strong reaction from some key players (led by Telle) that a vote for him made absolutely no sense and we went in another direction. Obviously if he shows up as wolf then those people look really, really bad.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:18 AM   #852
mckerney
Coordinator

On the vote for J23, not liking his voting record with voting for a presumed villager day one and confirmed villager the next two days, and Bug with a throwaway vote on him on day two certainly raises suspicions.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:20 AM   #853
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
On the vote for J23, not liking his voting record with voting for a presumed villager day one and confirmed villager the next two days, and Bug with a throwaway vote on him on day two certainly raises suspicions.

Yes, if only EF had left Bug around for a while longer, he could have led us to all of his fellow wolves!
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:24 AM   #854
hoopsguy
General Manager

J23, while this reply makes me laugh I get the impression that you're pretty much in counter-punch mode this game. Since you clearly feel that you are not a good vote, who are you most suspicious of at this point?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #855
Zinto
College Starter

I am not opposed to any unknowns for today even myself since we are all mostly the same amount of suspicious. I guess my question would be should the seer reveal today or roll the dice on getting night killed(since clearly the wolves are seer hunting) to get an extra scan in.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:41 AM   #856
hoopsguy
General Manager

I don't think we are all the same amount of suspicious - some have more than others based on some of the votes that we've seen. But seer reveal should likely be predicated on the quality of information he has to provide today. If he's able to get himself out there as trusted, and bring along a couple of others who are pretty questionable right now, then it makes sense to come forward.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:46 AM   #857
Zinto
College Starter

I guess when I said the same amount of suspicious I should have said close to the same amount because that is where the majority of people are. I get what you are saying about the seer though.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #858
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
J23, while this reply makes me laugh I get the impression that you're pretty much in counter-punch mode this game. Since you clearly feel that you are not a good vote, who are you most suspicious of at this point?

Other than you for still being alive?

I'm probably most suspicious of mckerney for playing under the radar most of the game but not really being called out on it. He had a vote on JAG by the end of day1, but it moved around a lot before landing there with not much time til deadline.

The other person I wanted to look at closer is Telle, who's vote seemed to seal the deal on mau on day2. I don't have much of a read, so I wanted to go back and look at the voting movement a bit more, but haven't gotten the chance yet.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #859
hoopsguy
General Manager

So are people just waiting around to see what the seer is going to do, or are people just bored/perplexed?

I'll be online for a sustained stretch this afternoon and I'm really hoping to have a couple of people around who actually want to, you know, talk about our voting options for today.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:16 AM   #860
Zinto
College Starter

I will be around for most of the day also and I am willing to discuss voting options with anyone who is willing to. I think I am going to go back and look at things since I am currently stumped other then trying to prod DV into more conversation(which if you can't get online more I apoligize Darth)
Old 04-21-2011, 11:18 AM   #861
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post

I'm probably most suspicious of mckerney for playing under the radar most of the game but not really being called out on it. He had a vote on JAG by the end of day1, but it moved around a lot before landing there with not much time til deadline.

The other person I wanted to look at closer is Telle, who's vote seemed to seal the deal on mau on day2. I don't have much of a read, so I wanted to go back and look at the voting movement a bit more, but haven't gotten the chance yet.

I suppose it is possible two wolves put votes on one of theory own, enough to put that wolf in at least a tie for third when they were planning to force a tie at the top and that the third place vote-getter could get killed as one of the tie breakers.

Though I'm not sure how voting in my own defense early and then moving it only once when I was no longer in danger and fairly certain my vote was on a villager can be considered moving around a lot. I'be moved my vote far more times in 5 minutes than I have this entire game.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:31 AM   #862
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I suppose it is possible two wolves put votes on one of theory own, enough to put that wolf in at least a tie for third when they were planning to force a tie at the top and that the third place vote-getter could get killed as one of the tie breakers.

Though I'm not sure how voting in my own defense early and then moving it only once when I was no longer in danger and fairly certain my vote was on a villager can be considered moving around a lot. I'be moved my vote far more times in 5 minutes than I have this entire game.

I'm operating under the assumption that the wolves didn't know the tie mechanic. I'm not even sure they were trying for the tie w/ the vote manipulation. Also, he was tied for third place until Lathum switched to him right at deadline. I think it could easily have been another throw away vote, though the fact that it's on a cunning is the part that has me questioning it.

As for the vote moement, I was going off of memory. Taking a look, it moved from Zinto to Packer to JAG on the first day unless Narcizo's little breakdown isn't correct. It's less movement than I remembered, but not by much.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:31 AM   #863
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quick thought but I think they were trying to get the Mrs. when they went after Thomkal.

The Mrs. might even be on my suspect list (I don't want to make it that easy for them).

Everyone should keep voting as it is a normal day, PF can duke to me and the mrs. will night kill the lynch target (unless the mrs. is the lynch target of course). You'll get a good vote history still and pretty much keep it like a regular day.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:39 AM   #864
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

If the mrs. decides to out herself then there would be no need for PF to use the duke tonight.

The setback is that is then allows the wolves to use the change vote ability.

The results in the number of killed are the same but we control it a little better if we use the PF duking to me and allowing the mrs. to take out the lynch target.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:40 AM   #865
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Will check back in later. I am taking Kay to practice tonight so I will be out for some of the evening.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:50 AM   #866
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm operating under the assumption that the wolves didn't know the tie mechanic. I'm not even sure they were trying for the tie w/ the vote manipulation. Also, he was tied for third place until Lathum switched to him right at deadline. I think it could easily have been another throw away vote, though the fact that it's on a cunning is the part that has me questioning it.

As for the vote moement, I was going off of memory. Taking a look, it moved from Zinto to Packer to JAG on the first day unless Narcizo's little breakdown isn't correct. It's less movement than I remembered, but not by much.

Looking back at the vote summary I did move twice which is more than I remembered.

I also believe that the wolves didn't know the tie breaking mechanic and they were hoping it was kill both tied, but they had to third place was a possibility and they would make every move to minimize their risk. My vote put me and JAG in a tie for second, which could have been a disaster if we were both wolves, especially with only wolf votes on JAG. And although my vote on JAG was the second there was interest in voting for him if he were to pick up some votes, so I knew he could pick up some votes before the deadline, and its what I was hoping for because I didn't think we would get anywhere with PF or Zinto.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #867
bhlloy
Coordinator

I do think the seer should reveal today, even if it's just to clear a few villagers. With the cunning gone, that's really valuable information that puts us close to a winning scenario.

Of course it's possible that the seer has less than 3 scans if he got unlucky and scanned a bunch of people that are no longer in the game. But if the seer can clear enough people, it's a no brainer to me. The alternative of the wolves getting lucky with their seer hunting would be very bad for the village, as we seem to have come to a place with very little to go on.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:38 PM   #868
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

If EF has reason to believe that he wasn't protected last night then we definitely want a straight-forward vote with no duking. I'm happy with a DV-J23 vote off today. I think J23 is already attracting a fair amount of looks so I'll go the other way. I've been wrong every other day so I'd suggest you don't pay too much attention to me.

Vote Darth Vilus
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #869
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Got to agree with Hoops that all you've done today is defend yourself. Natural enough when you're getting heat but you haven't once mentioned your thoughts on the EagleFan situation, for example.

Concerning Telle, her switch to Mau is only damning if you believe Autumn is a wolf. Otherwise, if anything, it makes me less suspicious of her - although I know she's clever enough not to make the obvious wolf move always (which would be to sit where she was and not draw attention to herself).
Old 04-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #870
Telle
College Starter

Wow, slow day today.

I'm good with a Darth Vilus vs J23 showdown.

And for the record, I was not defending J23 the other day.. I just thought it was senseless to vote for him on the premise that PF might be a wolf, instead of going straight for PF. Now that we know that PF is not a wolf, none of that conversation really matters anymore.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:31 PM   #871
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

A new day dawns and you are still feeling hungry, not that the bananas didn't feel you up, but there's only so much fruit can do. You are definitely hungry!
Hungry like...

[WAIT FOR IT!]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOg5VxrRTi0

Akela leads the hunt for some meat. Everyone is at your best. He leads you in running a circle around several species of some very succulent looking cranes: the Siberian Cranes, The Sarus Crane, and the Niles Crane. Mother Wolf charges in and snaps them up. The cranes go out quickly, the last of which shouting, "Not in the face!" and "Don't spill my latte!"

Siberian-Crane_KSH (400x399).jpgSarus_Cranes_(Grus_antigone)-_In_Display_near_Hodal_I_Picture_2036 (400x303).jpgfrazier-niles-crane (400x344).jpg

You have a very satisfying meal and relax beside the pond. It feels good to unwind and take your mind off the fact that you will possibly be eaten by a tiger in the next day or two. You enjoy a leisurely swim and bask in the sun.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-21-2011 at 01:32 PM.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:40 PM   #872
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Got to agree with Hoops that all you've done today is defend yourself. Natural enough when you're getting heat but you haven't once mentioned your thoughts on the EagleFan situation, for example.

I mentioned my thoughts on it last night right after EF's reveal.

I've been defending myself most days this game for some reason.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #873
Autumn
Head Coach

I've been out, as well as perplexed. I don't think J23 is our strongest vote right now, so I'll either go Darth or another one of the poeple who haven't gotten votes yet. I still hope to get a chance to look back at their posts.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:14 PM   #874
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

As of #873

J23 - EagleFan (840) mckerney (849)
Darth Vilus - Zinto (845) Narcizo (868)
Old 04-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #875
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm okay with Darth as a candidate - as usual of late he's not posting enough to get any read on him, so could go in either way.

Out of the others I'm considering I would go with either Jackal or Mckerney. Bhlloy, Narcizo, Hoops and Telle all struck me as more villagerish in their posts than those two. I suppose Mckerney is active and posting enough that I'd rather put the heat on Jackal. Players who post are easier to read down the line.

VOTE THE JACKAL
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:37 PM   #876
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Out for several hours. Hopping a bus. BBL. Get in night actions and such.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:54 PM   #877
bhlloy
Coordinator

I like Jackal as a third candidate. He just doesn't seem to be playing his usual game this time around.

Vote Jackal
Old 04-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #878
hoopsguy
General Manager

At this point, I'm more voting for which voters I trust than any huge decision point between the three guys. Of the 3 with 2 votes each, I'll take my chances with EF + mckerney over the other blocks. Plus I think J23 has been active but kinda slippery - just getting more of a wolf vibe (in a bad wolf way) than I normally do.

VOTE J23
Old 04-21-2011, 03:07 PM   #879
The Jackal
Coordinator

Feel free to vote for me based on my to this point not great votes or "gut feeling" or what not. But i said before the game my time would be limited until Wednesday, and even more if the cable company screwed up. And they did yet again! So I've been on the phone with them a lot, and still without Internet. So that's why I haven't been posting as much as usual, not because I'm throwing a wily slow play at ya.

Between J and DV I've gotten much less of a read off DV. I realize he hasn't had much time to be involved either, but if it's getting me votes I see no reason why he shouldn't get some either. I've seen him play like this as a wolf and roled villager, so hard to say.

The fact that we haven't had a seer reveal yet makes me think they've hit some combo of missing an order and scanning dead people or people we've pretty much cleared ourselves. But were still doing pretty well here so I guess they aren't feeling terribly pressured. I would hope they are using their judgement well.

VOTE DV
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #880
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Nowt much happening here then. I'm off to bed - tomorrow is a holiday here and we're heading out to the countryside. Hope to get on tomorrow morning (my time) - otherwise I hope the dial-up works or I'll be in Jackal's boat except with an ancient phone.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #881
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hmmm
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:42 PM   #882
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

sorry again, ithought iwould have nbeen up earlier for some discussion. I still have a little over an hour of free time so ill be around

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #883
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I say we go with what eagle says, seems the most logical. PF dukes to Eagle and whoever the Mother Wolf is kills the lunch choice. that way we don't lose a day of voting and we can avoid losing Eagle and the Mother in one fell swoop

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 04-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #884
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

eagle has to be telling the truth because i can't see a single wolf advantage in his plan

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 04-21-2011, 04:59 PM   #885
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
eagle has to be telling the truth because i can't see a single wolf advantage in his plan

Father wolf isn't exactly a wolf can try to claim, so we may as well trust him on it.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:01 PM   #886
mckerney
Coordinator

Plus unless the Father and Mother wolf weren't paying attention there's no way EF would still be alive if he were a wolf.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:01 PM   #887
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

no yeah i trust him, that's what i meant

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 04-21-2011, 05:03 PM   #888
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

As of #884

J23 - EagleFan (840) mckerney (849) hoops (878)
Darth Vilus - Zinto (845) Narcizo (868) Jackal (879)
Jackal - Autumn (875) bhlloy (877)
Old 04-21-2011, 05:16 PM   #889
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
If EF has reason to believe that he wasn't protected last night then we definitely want a straight-forward vote with no duking. I'm happy with a DV-J23 vote off today. I think J23 is already attracting a fair amount of looks so I'll go the other way. I've been wrong every other day so I'd suggest you don't pay too much attention to me.

Vote Darth Vilus

I wouldn't say that I was certain. Received a PM from CF with some added color to it. I may be reading too much into what he said though. I would feel better if we stayed with the duke plan at this point, just to play it safe.

Go figure, the first time I have ever been 100% trusted and I am asking to be duked to.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #890
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Will try a little more phone posting but will probably not say much more until I get back to the laptop later.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #891
The Jackal
Coordinator

On my way to dinner and a concert, so I won't be around for the deadline. If I bite the dust so be it, there isn't much I can say besides what I said when I made my votes, and there doesn't seem to be much of a case on any of the 3 of us.

(in other news the tech came and didn't have the equipment to fix this new box or a new one to replace it so I get to wait around again for a few hours tomorrow, yay!)
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #892
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Vote j23

I feel better about lynching him then jackal and i dont dare introduce another candidate when im in the running

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 04-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #893
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

i've got to head out now people. Good luck!

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 04-21-2011, 06:54 PM   #894
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

As of #894--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^

J23 - 4 - EagleFan (840) mckerney (849) hoops (878) Darth Vilus (892)
Darth Vilus - 3 - Zinto (845) Narcizo (868) Jackal (879)
Jackal - 2 - Autumn (875) bhlloy (877)

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-21-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #895
hoopsguy
General Manager

Another day of little conversation and little movement.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #896
Zinto
College Starter

Yep which is probably no good for us. Either we have to scratch this whole process today or start tomorrow since this isn't working out very well.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #897
Zinto
College Starter

Well we still have four people who have yet to vote so we shall see. I am going to be on very sparingly after nine since I want to watch Michael Scott's last day on the Office and whatever is in store on Parks and Rec but I will check in whenever I get the chance.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:31 PM   #898
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Another day of little conversation and little movement.

Yeah - which makes me think we have the wrong people altogether.

VOTE TELLE
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:33 PM   #899
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Yeah - which makes me think we have the wrong people altogether.

VOTE TELLE

Don't worry DT, there is still time to get to you.

Well, not for me, but for them.