Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-10-2017, 10:02 AM   #401
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
Is it too late to resign and still get job offers? THings don't seem to be working in Evanston but I don't want to sit out the year either.

Things for bringing that up. For those coaches that aren't quite happy with how things are going at your current school, you always have the option of resigning from your school and seeing if any job offers come your way. I would run through the whole head coaching period and let you know what offers you get, and you could decide to either resign and go to a different school, or stay where you are at.

So Neuqua, if you want to say bye bye to Northwestern, then when I get a free chance this weekend, I'll run the head coach movement through and let you know what offers you get.

Same applies for any coach, every season. You're not locked into resigning from a school, the only thing you're locked into is if you get fired, I wont' override those!
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:08 AM   #402
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegesportsfanms View Post
Things for bringing that up. For those coaches that aren't quite happy with how things are going at your current school, you always have the option of resigning from your school and seeing if any job offers come your way. I would run through the whole head coaching period and let you know what offers you get, and you could decide to either resign and go to a different school, or stay where you are at.

So Neuqua, if you want to say bye bye to Northwestern, then when I get a free chance this weekend, I'll run the head coach movement through and let you know what offers you get.

Same applies for any coach, every season. You're not locked into resigning from a school, the only thing you're locked into is if you get fired, I wont' override those!

Coach Brown will stay at Tulsa, but one more subpar year at Tulsa and I'll resign (if they don't can me).
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:11 AM   #403
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

I'd like to see if there are any other job offers out there if you get a chance.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:35 AM   #404
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I'd like to see if there are any other job offers out there if you get a chance.

I'll let you know sometime this weekend.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:35 AM   #405
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex View Post
Coach Brown will stay at Tulsa, but one more subpar year at Tulsa and I'll resign (if they don't can me).

There are actually a few coaches that are on the hotseat for the upcoming season, including a very surprising one (spoiler alert)
Old 02-10-2017, 01:24 PM   #406
rjolley
College Starter

Hey, just because Coach Shep was blown out in the championship game does not mean he needs to go...
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:31 PM   #407
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Bee will stay and pursue his dream- winning the Big 12 with his hometown Frogs.

...and Texas bites.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:58 AM   #408
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Assuming you decide to resign from Northwestern, these are the job offers Coach Vee would receive:

Incarnate Word, USC Upstate, Arkansas Pine Bluff, Coppin State, Presbyterian, and that's it. Sounds pretty bad, but I will tell you this:

Despite all being small schools that would almost certainly be #16 seeds or in the First Four of the NCAA Tournament, 3 of the 5 have a bit of an upside. Presbyterian and Arkansas Pine Bluff have had back to back winning seasons, and in the case of Arkansas Pine Bluff, their back to back winning seasons have both been 20 win seasons.

The cream of the crop though, has to be USC Upstate. How they haven't been promoted to a higher prestige conference is beyond me. In the 6 seasons I've ran this dynasty, they've made a postseason tournament every single season. They've been to the NIT the last 4 seasons, including a 3rd place finish. They've also been to the CBI once and the CIT once. They've had 20+ win seasons every single season (keep in mind for the most part, they've stocked up on wins against even easier non-conference opponents, plus a very weak conference) but have never won the Atlantic Sun Conference Tournament or made it to the NCAA Tournament. So while they have room for improvement, they definitely seem to have the best history.

Ultimately though, no matter what Coach Vee decides, he'll either be a small fish in a big pond, or the big fish in a conference and on a team nobody cares about.
Old 02-12-2017, 06:55 PM   #409
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Sigh.. I'll stay at Northwestern for now.

First one to be fired in this dynasty? Probably.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 07:48 PM   #410
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Quote:
First one to be fired in this dynasty? Probably.
Nah, I think B.B. Gunn will beat you to it.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:13 AM   #411
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2021-2022 Hot Seat Ratings and Coach Goals

I'm going to do this a little bit different this season and future seasons. I'm going to categorize it by which coaches are on a hot seat, which are on a warm seat, and so on.

Coaches on the Hot Seat

Ess Vee (Northwestern) -- Coach Vee had a solid first season with the Wildcats, but it has gone downhill from there. The talent is there, but Coach Vee just isn't getting it done. If he can't guide the Wildcats to even a CIT appearance this season, he'll be out at Evanston.

Coaches on a Warm Seat

Al Mighty (Michigan State) -- Gotta say, this one surprised me a little bit. I know it's been a rough couple years for the Spartans, but given the history that Michigan State has, it's time to get back to playing Sparty basketball. With the #1 recruiting class in the nation, the pressure is on Coach Mighty. The board still expects a Final Four appearance.

B.B. Gunn (Hawaii) -- Coach Gunn has done just enough to keep his job, despite all the hits on firecoachgunn.com. The board is becoming very impatient though. Even last seasons slight turnaround to a winning season didn't please the board. In a Big West Conference that is always wide open, the board wants to see the Warriors win it this season.

Rob Nielsen (Colorado) -- The Buffaloes just have too much talent to be underperforming like they are. Although they improved significantly last season, they haven't seen a postseason appearance since year 1 of this dynasty. That's unacceptable to the board, and they expect to see Colorado's name called in the NCAA Tournament Selection Show this season.

Coaches on an Average Seat

Randolph Childress (UConn) -- Coach Childress certainly had a season to forget in his first season at the helm of UConn, but being it was his first season, he got a pass. A lot more is going to be expected out of him and the Huskies this season, including an American Conference championship.

Al Hutt (ECU) -- Apparently, 1 breakout season and an NIT appearance isn't enough for the board at ECU. At least it doesn't make up for the previous 5 seasons in which the Pirates averaged just 8 wins a season. Now that they've proven they can stay out of the bottom of the conference, the pressure is on, as this seasons goal is for ECU to finish .500 or better in the American.

Will Brown (Tulsa) -- Judging by the Golden Hurricane's history in this dynasty, this will be a year in which they reach the postseason. It's been 1 year of postseason, and 1 year out since this dynasty started, so it's clear that the expectations are high this season. Not too high, the board just wants Tulsa back in the postseason.. any postseason tournament.

Bee Mighty (TCU) -- A little bit of a lack of respect for Coach Mighty, especially after the Horned Frogs have put together back to back postseason appearances, and the board would like that to continue. They expect Coach Mighty to lead the Horned Frogs back to any postseason tournament this season.

Charlie Shocker (Rice) -- It's been consistency in the Conference USA for the Owls, as they've gone 7-11 the last 3 seasons. The goal for the Owls this season is to finish with a .500 overall record.

Benito Sanchez (Stanford) -- It's been 5 seasons since the Cardinal won the NIT, and 2 seasons in a row without a postseason appearance. Obviously, playing in the Pac 12 is not an easy feat for any coach, but the board expects Stanford to at least compete for the Pac 12 championship.

DeShawn St. John (Washington State) -- You can pretty much say the same thing about the Cougars that I said about Stanford. Playing in the Pac 12 is no easy task. The Cougars aren't exactly known for their basketball prowess. Despite that, Coach St. John has kept his team right around the .500 mark for the past few seasons, but they've actually take steps back since their only winning season 4 seasons ago. Fortunately, Coach St. John has a very, very patient board, as all they want is for the Cougars to avoid last place in the Pac 12 this season.

Alabama (Roy Rogers) -- Things aren't so rosy for coach Rogers anymore. After 2 20+ win seasons in a row that both resulted in NCAA Tournament appearances, the Crimson Tide dropped down to 13 wins last season. Coach Rogers can't afford another season like that. Nor will the board accept it. They want Bama back in the NCAA Tournament.

Brett Hawkins (Troy) -- Last season was the first winning season for the Trojans in this dynasty, and they hope to build off that this season. Coach Hawkins knows there has been a lack of consistency within the program, but the board is still putting their faith in him. They just want to see the Trojans finish with a .500 or better record in the Sun Belt.

Coaches on a Cool Seat

David Ginsberg (Hartford) -- While the Hawks took a step back last season, going from the NCAA Tournament 2 seasons ago to the CBI last season, Coach Ginsberg has gotten a major improvement out of this team since those 9 and 7 win seasons a few years ago. His goal this year is to lead the Hawks to a .500 or better record in the America East.

Dean Hoo (Duke) -- Coach Hoo has put together 3 20+ win seasons in a row since that disastrous 1st season which saw just 17 wins. With as much history as the Blue Devils have, the expectations are still high, maybe a little too high, as the board is still looking for a Final Four appearance.

Tim Shepard (UCLA) -- What can you say about the Bruins? They are just amazing, as they followed up an NIT championship 2 seasons ago to reach the NCAA Championship Game last season. We won't talk about how that turned out, but I can say that Coach Shepard will be sitting on ice for a while, and it'll probably take a complete meltdown for 2 or 3 seasons in a row before his seat warms up. Oh yea, the Bruins' goal for this season? Back to the Final Four.

Patrick Hutt (Kentucky) -- 1 of 2 teams to make the postseason every year of this dynasty (UCLA being the other), the Cats haven't been able to get over the hump and get to the NCAA Championship. Despite that, Coach Hutt is in much the same position as Coach Shep of UCLA. His seat is cool, even ice cold, and it doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon. However, the board is still looking for that Final Four appearance.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:27 AM   #412
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Coach Nielsen would like to point out to the board that Colorado got screwed out of a couple postseason bids. He recommends increasing the bribes to the committee.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:38 AM   #413
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Final 4? Psh, NCAA title for the Blue Devils coming up.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:17 AM   #414
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Since it's been a week and we have no new sign-ups, and none of the inactive coaches said they wanted to come back, we're moving forward.

Team Prestiges to Start the 2021-2022 Season

Hartford- 29 (-1 from last season, this was a little surprising).
UConn- 73 (-3)
ECU- 47 (+5)
Tulsa- 62 (-3)
Duke- 86 (+3)
TCU- 65 (+8)
Michigan State- 84 (-4)
Northwestern- 59 (-1)
Hawaii- 48 (-1)
Rice- 37 (-1)
Colorado- 71 (No change)
Stanford- 83 (-1)
UCLA- 98 (+4)
Washington State- 54 (+1)
Alabama- 77 (-5)
Kentucky- 100 (no change, they have the highest prestige possible now).
Troy- 26 (+2)
Old 02-22-2017, 07:27 AM   #415
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2021 Season Tournaments

UCLA will be the 2nd seed in the 2021 Battle 4 Atlantis and will open up against 7th seed Georgia State.

UConn will be the 3rd seed in the 2021 Charleston Classic and will open up against 6th seed UC Santa Barbara.

TCU will be the 9th seed in the 16 team 2021 Coaches vs. Cancer Classic and will open up against 8th seed UAB.

Alabama will be the 4th seed in the 2021 Diamond Head Classic and will open up against 5th seed Oklahoma State.

Colorado will be the top seed in the 2021 Gulf Coast Showcase and will open up against 8th seed Rider.

Tulsa will be the 3rd seed in the 2021 Gulf Coast Showcase and will open up against 6th seed Towson.

Kentucky will be the top seed in the 16 team 2021 Hall of Fame Classic and will open up against 16th seed New Mexico State.

Michigan State will be the 4th seed in the 16 team 2021 Hall of Fame Classic and will open up against 13th seed Princeton.

Duke will be the top seed in the 2021 Hall of Fame Tip-Off and will open up against 8th seed UT Arlington.

Northwestern will be the 6th seed in the 2021 Hall of Fame Tip-Off and will open up against 3rd seed Butler.

Stanford will be the 2nd seed in the 16 team 2021 Las Vegas Classic and will open up against 15th seed Loyola MD.

Washington State will be the 6th seed in the 2021 Main Event and will open up against 3rd seed LSU.

Hawaii will be the 2nd seed in the 4 team 2021 Military Classic and will open up against 3rd seed College of Charleston.

Rice will be the 3rd seed in the 4 team 2021 Music City Challenge and will open up against 2nd seed UL Lafayette.

ECU will be the 5th seed in the 16 team 2021 New York Classic and will open up against 12th seed George Mason.

Hartford will be the top seed in the 4 team 2021 Toledo Regional and will open up against 4th seed UL Monroe.

Troy will be the 6th seed in the 2021 Wooden Legacy and will open up against 3rd seed Navy.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:33 AM   #416
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Code:
2021-2022 Preseason Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wisconsin (69) 0-0 1796 6 Big Ten Conference 2. Wichita State 0-0 1707 8 Missouri Valley Conference 3. Georgetown (2) 0-0 1621 NR Big East Conference 4. Iowa State 0-0 1578 NR Big 12 Conference 5. Oklahoma 0-0 1467 NR Big 12 Conference 6. Arkansas (1) 0-0 1408 NR Southeastern Conference 7. Villanova 0-0 1359 9 Big East Conference 8. North Carolina 0-0 1221 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 9. Gonzaga 0-0 1134 NR Pacific-12 Conference 10. Baylor 0-0 1133 2 Big 12 Conference 11. Syracuse 0-0 1041 5 Atlantic Coast Conference 12. Florida State 0-0 952 4 Atlantic Coast Conference 13. St. John's 0-0 824 NR Big East Conference 14. Louisville 0-0 817 1 Atlantic Coast Conference 15. Virginia 0-0 702 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 16. Iowa 0-0 688 NR Big Ten Conference 17. Boise State 0-0 611 7 Mountain West Conference 18. Nebraska 0-0 482 NR Big Ten Conference 19. BYU 0-0 364 NR West Coast Conference 20. Ohio State 0-0 347 NR Big Ten Conference 21. Xavier 0-0 305 NR Big East Conference 22. San Diego State 0-0 215 3 Mountain West Conference 23. West Virginia 0-0 163 NR Big 12 Conference 24. Buffalo 0-0 148 NR Mid-American Conference 25. Michigan State 0-0 148 NR Big Ten Conference Others Receiving Votes: Vanderbilt 0-0 81 Southeastern Conference Marquette 0-0 66 Big East Conference Mississippi 0-0 55 Southeastern Conference Arizona 0-0 54 Pacific-12 Conference Wake Forest 0-0 53 Atlantic Coast Conference Texas 0-0 50 Big 12 Conference Miami 0-0 49 Atlantic Coast Conference Stanford 0-0 41 Pacific-12 Conference Kentucky 0-0 36 Southeastern Conference Washington 0-0 35 Pacific-12 Conference Providence 0-0 34 Big East Conference Seton Hall 0-0 31 Big East Conference UCLA 0-0 31 Pacific-12 Conference Oregon 0-0 29 Pacific-12 Conference Arizona State 0-0 27 Pacific-12 Conference Duke 0-0 23 Atlantic Coast Conference Texas A&M 0-0 22 Southeastern Conference Illinois 0-0 21 Big Ten Conference Florida 0-0 20 Southeastern Conference Richmond 0-0 20 Atlantic 10 Conference VCU 0-0 18 Southeastern Conference Pittsburgh 0-0 17 Atlantic Coast Conference St. Bonaventure 0-0 16 Atlantic 10 Conference Colorado 0-0 15 Pacific-12 Conference Illinois State 0-0 15 Missouri Valley Conference LSU 0-0 15 Southeastern Conference Minnesota 0-0 15 Big Ten Conference Washington State 0-0 15 Pacific-12 Conference Maryland 0-0 14 Big Ten Conference Connecticut 0-0 12 American Athletic Conference Seattle 0-0 12 Western Athletic Conference California 0-0 11 Pacific-12 Conference Eastern Washington 0-0 11 Big Sky Conference Harvard 0-0 10 Ivy League Northern Arizona 0-0 10 Big Sky Conference Northwestern 0-0 10 Big Ten Conference Oregon State 0-0 10 Pacific-12 Conference Grand Canyon 0-0 9 Western Athletic Conference North Carolina State 0-0 9 Atlantic Coast Conference DePaul 0-0 8 Big East Conference Louisiana Tech 0-0 8 Conference USA Memphis 0-0 8 American Athletic Conference New Mexico 0-0 8 Mountain West Conference Rhode Island 0-0 8 Atlantic 10 Conference Utah 0-0 8 Pacific-12 Conference Loyola Chicago 0-0 7 Missouri Valley Conference Notre Dame 0-0 7 Atlantic Coast Conference Alabama 0-0 6 Southeastern Conference South Florida 0-0 6 American Athletic Conference Southern Illinois 0-0 6 Missouri Valley Conference Fordham 0-0 5 Atlantic 10 Conference George Washington 0-0 5 Atlantic 10 Conference Northern Illinois 0-0 5 Mid-American Conference Tennessee 0-0 5 Southeastern Conference Bradley 0-0 4 Missouri Valley Conference Columbia 0-0 4 Ivy League Davidson 0-0 4 Atlantic 10 Conference Oklahoma State 0-0 4 Big 12 Conference Penn State 0-0 4 Big Ten Conference Hofstra 0-0 3 Colonial Athletic Association Illinois Chicago 0-0 3 Horizon League Saint Mary's 0-0 3 West Coast Conference Cornell 0-0 2 Ivy League East Carolina 0-0 2 American Athletic Conference Kansas State 0-0 2 Big 12 Conference Pepperdine 0-0 2 West Coast Conference Portland 0-0 2 West Coast Conference Rutgers 0-0 2 Big Ten Conference Eastern Illinois 0-0 1 Ohio Valley Conference Fresno State 0-0 1 Mountain West Conference Kansas 0-0 1 Big 12 Conference Manhattan 0-0 1 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Massachusetts 0-0 1 Atlantic 10 Conference Tulsa 0-0 1 American Athletic Conference
Old 02-22-2017, 07:37 AM   #417
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Code:
2021-2022 Preseason Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wichita State (72) 0-0 1800 2 Missouri Valley Conference 2. Boise State 0-0 1646 3 Mountain West Conference 3. BYU 0-0 1461 NR West Coast Conference 4. San Diego State 0-0 1328 1 Mountain West Conference 5. Buffalo 0-0 1276 11 Mid-American Conference 6. Richmond 0-0 843 15 Atlantic 10 Conference 7. SMU 0-0 703 14 American Athletic Conference 8. Memphis 0-0 662 4 American Athletic Conference 9. Cincinnati 0-0 649 NR American Athletic Conference 10. Illinois State 0-0 623 24 Missouri Valley Conference 11. Davidson 0-0 598 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 12. Akron 0-0 488 NR Mid-American Conference 13. Connecticut 0-0 481 NR American Athletic Conference 14. New Mexico 0-0 426 NR Mountain West Conference 15. Kent State 0-0 423 21 Mid-American Conference 16. Northern Iowa 0-0 393 NR Missouri Valley Conference 17. Saint Mary's 0-0 329 NR West Coast Conference 18. Dayton 0-0 325 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 19. Rhode Island 0-0 315 7 Atlantic 10 Conference 20. Harvard 0-0 298 9 Ivy League 21. Pepperdine 0-0 274 23 West Coast Conference 22. Western Michigan 0-0 267 6 Mid-American Conference 23. George Washington 0-0 252 25 Atlantic 10 Conference 24. Fresno State 0-0 241 8 Mountain West Conference 25. Evansville 0-0 231 NR Missouri Valley Conference Others Receiving Votes: St. Bonaventure 0-0 187 Atlantic 10 Conference UC Irvine 0-0 184 Big West Conference San Diego 0-0 180 West Coast Conference Eastern Michigan 0-0 171 Mid-American Conference South Florida 0-0 159 American Athletic Conference Louisiana Tech 0-0 158 Conference USA Santa Clara 0-0 157 West Coast Conference Massachusetts 0-0 149 Atlantic 10 Conference UAB 0-0 148 Conference USA UC Santa Barbara 0-0 147 Big West Conference UNLV 0-0 143 Mountain West Conference Middle Tennessee 0-0 136 Conference USA Utah State 0-0 134 Mountain West Conference Portland 0-0 132 West Coast Conference La Salle 0-0 127 Atlantic 10 Conference Indiana State 0-0 125 Missouri Valley Conference Tulsa 0-0 124 American Athletic Conference Colorado State 0-0 119 Mountain West Conference Saint Joseph's 0-0 117 Atlantic 10 Conference Georgia State 0-0 113 Horizon League Northeastern 0-0 113 Colonial Athletic Association USC 0-0 110 West Coast Conference Temple 0-0 108 American Athletic Conference UTEP 0-0 100 Conference USA Belmont 0-0 96 Ohio Valley Conference Toledo 0-0 91 Mid-American Conference Columbia 0-0 89 Ivy League East Carolina 0-0 88 American Athletic Conference Duquesne 0-0 87 Atlantic 10 Conference William & Mary 0-0 86 Colonial Athletic Association San Francisco 0-0 82 West Coast Conference Saint Louis 0-0 78 Atlantic 10 Conference Loyola Chicago 0-0 76 Missouri Valley Conference Tulane 0-0 76 American Athletic Conference Wyoming 0-0 72 Mountain West Conference Mercer 0-0 69 Southern Conference Drexel 0-0 66 Colonial Athletic Association Long Beach State 0-0 64 Big West Conference Princeton 0-0 63 Ivy League Hofstra 0-0 62 Colonial Athletic Association Lehigh 0-0 61 Patriot League Green Bay 0-0 60 Horizon League Southern Illinois 0-0 59 Missouri Valley Conference Air Force 0-0 57 Mountain West Conference Loyola Marymount 0-0 57 West Coast Conference Murray State 0-0 57 Ohio Valley Conference Louisiana Lafayette 0-0 55 Sun Belt Conference Mississippi State 0-0 50 Atlantic 10 Conference Fordham 0-0 47 Atlantic 10 Conference UCF 0-0 47 American Athletic Conference Pacific 0-0 45 West Coast Conference Yale 0-0 44 Ivy League Northern Illinois 0-0 43 Mid-American Conference Cal State Fullerton 0-0 42 Big West Conference Bowling Green 0-0 40 Mid-American Conference Charlotte 0-0 40 Conference USA FIU 0-0 40 Conference USA Manhattan 0-0 40 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Old Dominion 0-0 40 Conference USA Bradley 0-0 39 Missouri Valley Conference Oakland 0-0 38 Horizon League Illinois Chicago 0-0 37 Horizon League Eastern Illinois 0-0 34 Ohio Valley Conference Florida Gulf Coast 0-0 33 Atlantic Sun Conference Iona 0-0 32 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference SIU Edwardsville 0-0 32 Ohio Valley Conference Florida Atlantic 0-0 31 Conference USA Eastern Kentucky 0-0 30 Ohio Valley Conference Niagara 0-0 30 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Cornell 0-0 29 Ivy League Western Illinois 0-0 29 Southland Conference Albany 0-0 27 America East Conference Chicago State 0-0 27 Western Athletic Conference North Florida 0-0 27 Atlantic Sun Conference Canisius 0-0 26 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Elon 0-0 25 Colonial Athletic Association Seattle 0-0 24 Western Athletic Conference American 0-0 23 Patriot League Eastern Washington 0-0 23 Big Sky Conference Drake 0-0 22 Missouri Valley Conference Oral Roberts 0-0 22 Summit League Colgate 0-0 21 Patriot League Louisiana Monroe 0-0 21 Sun Belt Conference McNeese State 0-0 21 Southland Conference Northern Arizona 0-0 21 Big Sky Conference San Jose State 0-0 21 Mountain West Conference Grand Canyon 0-0 20 Western Athletic Conference Montana 0-0 20 Big Sky Conference North Carolina Central 0-0 20 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Missouri State 0-0 19 Missouri Valley Conference Montana State 0-0 19 Big Sky Conference Portland State 0-0 19 Big Sky Conference Army 0-0 18 Patriot League Cal State Northridge 0-0 18 Big West Conference East Tennessee State 0-0 18 Southern Conference Stephen F. Austin 0-0 18 Horizon League Stony Brook 0-0 18 America East Conference UMKC 0-0 18 Western Athletic Conference UNC Wilmington 0-0 18 Colonial Athletic Association Austin Peay 0-0 17 Ohio Valley Conference Holy Cross 0-0 17 Patriot League Southeast Missouri State 0-0 17 Ohio Valley Conference Boston University 0-0 16 Patriot League Bucknell 0-0 16 Patriot League George Mason 0-0 16 Atlantic 10 Conference Tennessee Martin 0-0 16 Ohio Valley Conference Western Carolina 0-0 16 Southern Conference Appalachian State 0-0 15 Sun Belt Conference Cal Poly 0-0 15 Big West Conference Chattanooga 0-0 15 Southern Conference Dartmouth 0-0 15 Ivy League Siena 0-0 15 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference UMass Lowell 0-0 15 America East Conference Florida A&M 0-0 14 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Robert Morris 0-0 14 Northeast Conference Tennessee State 0-0 14 Ohio Valley Conference UNC Greensboro 0-0 14 Southern Conference Bethune Cookman 0-0 13 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference High Point 0-0 13 Big South Conference St. Francis NY 0-0 13 Northeast Conference Tennessee Tech 0-0 13 Ohio Valley Conference Campbell 0-0 12 Big South Conference Northwestern State 0-0 12 Southland Conference Gardner Webb 0-0 11 Big South Conference Grambling State 0-0 11 Southwestern Athletic Conference Lipscomb 0-0 11 Atlantic Sun Conference Quinnipiac 0-0 11 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference UC Davis 0-0 11 Big West Conference Cleveland State 0-0 10 Horizon League Marist 0-0 10 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference North Carolina A&T 0-0 10 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Southeastern Louisiana 0-0 10 Southland Conference Stetson 0-0 10 Atlantic Sun Conference Lafayette 0-0 9 Patriot League New Orleans 0-0 9 Southland Conference UNC Asheville 0-0 9 Big South Conference Wofford 0-0 9 Southern Conference UC Riverside 0-0 8 Big West Conference Hawaii 0-0 7 Big West Conference Jacksonville 0-0 7 Atlantic Sun Conference Nevada 0-0 7 Mountain West Conference Southern 0-0 7 Southwestern Athletic Conference Nicholls State 0-0 6 Southland Conference Penn 0-0 6 Ivy League Towson 0-0 6 Colonial Athletic Association Wagner 0-0 5 Northeast Conference Binghamton 0-0 4 America East Conference Sacramento State 0-0 4 Big Sky Conference LIU Brooklyn 0-0 3 Northeast Conference Valparaiso 0-0 2 Horizon League Cal State Bakersfield 0-0 1 Western Athletic Conference Delaware 0-0 1 Colonial Athletic Association Miami OH 0-0 1 Mid-American Conference Southern Miss 0-0 1 Conference USA
Old 02-22-2017, 07:48 AM   #418
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Milestone Win Watch for 2021-2022 Season

Something new I'm going to do before every season is a milestone watch, where I will list the coaches that are within 25 wins of a certain win milestone (100, 200, 300, etc). If anybody else can think of any milestones (good or bad) that I could do as well, I'd be open to ideas. For now though, we'll just go with wins.

Coaches within 25 wins of 100 career wins

DeShawn St. John (Washington State)- 22 away
Brett Hawkins (Troy)- 22 away
Bee Mighty (TCU)- 17 away
Charlie Shocker (Rice)- 16 away
David Ginsberg (Hartford)- 11 away
Dean Hoo (Duke)- 10 away
Rob Nielsen (Colorado)- 3 away

Coaches within 25 wins of 200 career wins

Tim Shepard (UCLA)- 24 away
Old 02-22-2017, 08:52 AM   #419
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Tulsa and Kansas with the same amount of preseason votes. We've made it!
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:35 PM   #420
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex View Post
Tulsa and Kansas with the same amount of preseason votes. We've made it!

Considering Kansas had a pitiful season last season and only won like 10 games, I wouldn't be too proud of that! haha
Old 02-23-2017, 07:38 AM   #421
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Nov. 12-14, 2021

As always, the first weekend of the season is a short one, with just 9 games on the schedule. As a reminder, we'll only feature the teams that actually played this week.

ECU (Al Hutt) -- 2-0, 0-0 American.

11/12/21- New York Classic First Round vs. (12) George Mason (W 64-53).
11/14/21- New York Classic Quarterfinals vs. (4) Dartmouth (W 78-52).

The Pirates have picked up where they left off last season, taking care of business early, but the schedule gets much, much tougher. First, a semifinal matchup with the top seed.

Tulsa (Will Brown) -- 0-1, 0-0 American.

11/14/21 at Indiana State (L 67-59).

The Golden Hurricane have lost 5 games in a row going back to last season, as they continue to struggle to find ways to win.

TCU (Bee Mighty) -- 1-1, 0-0 Big 12.

11/12/21- Coaches vs. Cancer Classic First Round vs. (8) UAB (W 80-77).
11/14/21- Coaches vs. Cancer Classic Quarterfinals vs. (1) #1 Wisconsin (L 75-50).

The Horned Frogs got a nice comeback win over UAB, but couldn't handle the task of playing the top ranked team in the nation, falling flat on their faces.

#25 Michigan State (Al Mighty) -- 1-0, 0-0 Big Ten.

11/12/21- Hall of Fame Classic First Round vs. (13) Princeton (W 83-67).

A good start to the season for the Spartans, as they advance to the Quarterfinals of the Hall of Fame Classic to face a good Memphis team next week.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 1-1, 0-0 Big West.

11/12/21- Military Classic First Round vs. (3) College of Charleston (W 87-81, OT).
11/13/21- Military Classic Championship vs. (1) Duquesne (L 78-56).

The Warriors had a long, grueling game against Charleston in the first round of the Military Classic, and quite frankly didn't have anything left for Duquesne. It showed, as Coach Gunn and his Warriors get a 2nd place finish.

Kentucky (Patrick Hutt) -- 1-0, 0-0 SEC.

11/12/21- Hall of Fame Classic First Round vs. (16) New Mexico State (W 78-48).

The Wildcats had no trouble in their game this week, as they get ready for the Quarterfinals of the Hall of Fame Classic next week. If both Michigan State and the Cats can win their quarterfinal game, they'll meet in the semifinals.

Here's a look at the national top 25 heading into the week of Nov. 15-21:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wisconsin (72) 2-0 1800 1 Big Ten Conference 2. Wichita State 1-0 1717 2 Missouri Valley Conference 3. Iowa State 0-0 1622 4 Big 12 Conference 4. Oklahoma 0-0 1524 5 Big 12 Conference 5. Arkansas 0-0 1461 6 Southeastern Conference 6. Villanova 0-0 1419 7 Big East Conference 7. North Carolina 1-0 1329 8 Atlantic Coast Conference 8. Syracuse 1-0 1198 11 Atlantic Coast Conference 9. Gonzaga 0-0 1152 9 Pacific-12 Conference 10. Baylor 0-0 1142 10 Big 12 Conference 11. Florida State 0-0 982 12 Atlantic Coast Conference 12. Virginia 1-0 888 15 Atlantic Coast Conference 13. St. John's 0-0 815 13 Big East Conference 14. Louisville 0-0 797 14 Atlantic Coast Conference 15. Iowa 1-0 779 16 Big Ten Conference 16. Boise State 1-0 722 17 Mountain West Conference 17. Nebraska 2-0 660 18 Big Ten Conference 18. Vanderbilt 2-0 381 NR Southeastern Conference 19. BYU 0-0 357 19 West Coast Conference 20. Ohio State 0-0 345 20 Big Ten Conference 21. Michigan State 1-0 337 25 Big Ten Conference 22. Georgetown 1-1 303 3 Big East Conference 23. San Diego State 0-0 222 22 Mountain West Conference 24. Texas 0-0 124 NR Big 12 Conference 25. Notre Dame 2-0 112 NR Atlantic Coast Conference Others Receiving Votes: Miami 1-0 69 Atlantic Coast Conference Fresno State 2-0 60 Mountain West Conference Kentucky 1-0 56 Southeastern Conference Arizona 0-0 54 Pacific-12 Conference Wake Forest 0-0 52 Atlantic Coast Conference Mississippi 0-0 47 Southeastern Conference Seton Hall 0-0 42 Big East Conference Providence 0-0 41 Big East Conference California 1-0 34 Pacific-12 Conference Stanford 0-0 34 Pacific-12 Conference Richmond 1-0 32 Atlantic 10 Conference VCU 1-0 32 Southeastern Conference Washington 0-0 31 Pacific-12 Conference Texas A&M 0-0 30 Southeastern Conference Duquesne 2-0 27 Atlantic 10 Conference Green Bay 2-0 26 Horizon League Oregon 0-0 24 Pacific-12 Conference Arizona State 0-0 23 Pacific-12 Conference Eastern Illinois 2-0 23 Ohio Valley Conference George Washington 1-0 23 Atlantic 10 Conference UCLA 0-0 23 Pacific-12 Conference Memphis 1-0 21 American Athletic Conference St. Bonaventure 0-0 21 Atlantic 10 Conference UC Irvine 1-0 21 Big West Conference Illinois 0-0 19 Big Ten Conference East Carolina 2-0 18 American Athletic Conference Pittsburgh 0-0 18 Atlantic Coast Conference Minnesota 0-0 17 Big Ten Conference Duke 0-0 16 Atlantic Coast Conference Florida 0-0 16 Southeastern Conference Maryland 0-0 15 Big Ten Conference Washington State 0-0 15 Pacific-12 Conference Seattle 1-0 14 Western Athletic Conference Illinois State 0-0 13 Missouri Valley Conference LSU 0-0 13 Southeastern Conference Eastern Washington 0-0 12 Big Sky Conference Colorado 0-0 11 Pacific-12 Conference Northwestern 0-0 11 Big Ten Conference Connecticut 0-0 10 American Athletic Conference Grand Canyon 0-0 9 Western Athletic Conference SMU 1-0 9 American Athletic Conference North Carolina State 0-0 7 Atlantic Coast Conference Oregon State 0-0 7 Pacific-12 Conference Penn State 0-0 7 Big Ten Conference Columbia 0-0 6 Ivy League Fordham 0-0 6 Atlantic 10 Conference Loyola Chicago 0-0 6 Missouri Valley Conference Akron 1-0 5 Mid-American Conference Alabama 0-0 5 Southeastern Conference Bucknell 2-0 5 Patriot League Elon 1-0 5 Colonial Athletic Association Oklahoma State 0-0 5 Big 12 Conference Rutgers 0-0 5 Big Ten Conference Southern Illinois 0-0 5 Missouri Valley Conference Utah 0-0 5 Pacific-12 Conference Hofstra 0-0 4 Colonial Athletic Association Massachusetts 0-0 4 Atlantic 10 Conference Northern Illinois 0-0 4 Mid-American Conference South Florida 0-0 4 American Athletic Conference Cornell 0-0 3 Ivy League Davidson 0-0 3 Atlantic 10 Conference Indiana State 1-0 3 Missouri Valley Conference Louisiana Lafayette 1-0 3 Sun Belt Conference Montana State 1-0 3 Big Sky Conference New Mexico 0-0 3 Mountain West Conference Oral Roberts 0-0 3 Summit League Manhattan 0-0 2 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Missouri 0-0 2 Southeastern Conference North Carolina Central 1-0 2 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Portland 0-0 2 West Coast Conference Texas Tech 1-0 2 Big 12 Conference Illinois Chicago 0-0 1 Horizon League Montana 0-0 1 Big Sky Conference Niagara 0-0 1 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Pepperdine 0-0 1 West Coast Conference

Still a lot of teams getting votes, but most of those haven't played yet
Old 02-23-2017, 07:41 AM   #422
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

And the mid-major top 25 for the week of Nov. 15-21:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wichita State (72) 1-0 1800 1 Missouri Valley Conference 2. Boise State 1-0 1678 2 Mountain West Conference 3. BYU 0-0 1461 3 West Coast Conference 4. San Diego State 0-0 1324 4 Mountain West Conference 5. Richmond 1-0 937 6 Atlantic 10 Conference 6. Fresno State 2-0 905 24 Mountain West Conference 7. Green Bay 2-0 892 NR Horizon League 8. Duquesne 2-0 818 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 9. Memphis 1-0 671 8 American Athletic Conference 10. SMU 1-0 659 7 American Athletic Conference 11. East Carolina 2-0 632 NR American Athletic Conference 12. Akron 1-0 628 12 Mid-American Conference 13. Bucknell 2-0 464 NR Patriot League 14. Eastern Illinois 2-0 464 NR Ohio Valley Conference 15. Indiana State 1-0 462 NR Missouri Valley Conference 16. George Washington 1-0 461 23 Atlantic 10 Conference 17. UC Irvine 1-0 445 NR Big West Conference 18. Cincinnati 0-0 385 9 American Athletic Conference 19. Davidson 0-0 350 11 Atlantic 10 Conference 20. Illinois State 0-0 349 10 Missouri Valley Conference 21. Mount St. Mary's 2-0 272 NR Northeast Conference 22. Connecticut 0-0 237 13 American Athletic Conference 23. Pepperdine 0-0 232 21 West Coast Conference 24. New Mexico 0-0 214 14 Mountain West Conference 25. Kent State 0-0 204 15 Mid-American Conference Others Receiving Votes: Northern Iowa 0-0 190 Missouri Valley Conference San Diego 0-0 178 West Coast Conference St. Bonaventure 0-0 178 Atlantic 10 Conference Elon 1-0 176 Colonial Athletic Association Louisiana Lafayette 1-0 174 Sun Belt Conference Dayton 0-0 158 Atlantic 10 Conference Santa Clara 0-0 157 West Coast Conference UC Santa Barbara 0-0 154 Big West Conference South Florida 0-0 148 American Athletic Conference Massachusetts 0-0 142 Atlantic 10 Conference UNLV 0-0 141 Mountain West Conference Western Michigan 0-0 140 Mid-American Conference Portland 0-0 139 West Coast Conference Utah State 0-0 132 Mountain West Conference Middle Tennessee 0-0 126 Conference USA Evansville 0-0 122 Missouri Valley Conference La Salle 0-0 119 Atlantic 10 Conference USC 0-0 119 West Coast Conference Columbia 0-0 112 Ivy League Saint Joseph's 0-0 111 Atlantic 10 Conference Eastern Michigan 0-0 106 Mid-American Conference Georgia State 0-0 106 Horizon League San Francisco 0-0 93 West Coast Conference Belmont 0-0 90 Ohio Valley Conference Hofstra 0-0 87 Colonial Athletic Association Drexel 0-0 86 Colonial Athletic Association Wyoming 0-0 84 Mountain West Conference Toledo 0-0 82 Mid-American Conference North Carolina Central 1-0 81 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Fordham 0-0 80 Atlantic 10 Conference UTEP 0-0 80 Conference USA Long Beach State 0-0 77 Big West Conference Loyola Marymount 0-0 75 West Coast Conference Air Force 0-0 73 Mountain West Conference William & Mary 0-0 73 Colonial Athletic Association Tulane 0-0 72 American Athletic Conference Manhattan 0-0 68 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Saint Louis 0-0 66 Atlantic 10 Conference Mercer 0-0 65 Southern Conference Loyola Chicago 0-0 61 Missouri Valley Conference Yale 0-0 57 Ivy League FIU 0-0 55 Conference USA Boston University 1-0 50 Patriot League Southern Illinois 0-0 49 Missouri Valley Conference American 0-0 48 Patriot League Seattle 1-0 48 Western Athletic Conference Niagara 0-0 47 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference UCF 0-0 45 American Athletic Conference Charlotte 0-0 44 Conference USA Mississippi State 0-0 43 Atlantic 10 Conference San Jose State 0-0 43 Mountain West Conference Northern Illinois 0-0 40 Mid-American Conference Cal Poly 0-0 39 Big West Conference IUPUI 1-0 39 Summit League Albany 0-0 38 America East Conference Arkansas State 1-0 38 Sun Belt Conference Towson 0-0 38 Colonial Athletic Association Robert Morris 0-0 37 Northeast Conference Eastern Kentucky 0-0 35 Ohio Valley Conference Illinois Chicago 0-0 35 Horizon League Nevada 0-0 34 Mountain West Conference Oakland 0-0 33 Horizon League Cornell 0-0 32 Ivy League Florida Gulf Coast 0-0 31 Atlantic Sun Conference Florida Atlantic 0-0 30 Conference USA Western Illinois 0-0 30 Southland Conference Tennessee State 1-0 29 Ohio Valley Conference Bowling Green 0-0 28 Mid-American Conference Northwestern State 1-0 28 Southland Conference Colgate 0-0 25 Patriot League North Florida 0-0 25 Atlantic Sun Conference Stony Brook 0-0 25 America East Conference Montana State 1-0 24 Big Sky Conference Drake 0-0 23 Missouri Valley Conference Eastern Washington 0-0 23 Big Sky Conference Louisiana Monroe 0-0 22 Sun Belt Conference McNeese State 0-0 22 Southland Conference Oral Roberts 0-0 22 Summit League Siena 0-0 22 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference UC Davis 0-0 22 Big West Conference Grand Canyon 0-0 20 Western Athletic Conference Missouri State 0-0 20 Missouri Valley Conference Montana 0-0 20 Big Sky Conference Portland State 0-0 20 Big Sky Conference Southeast Missouri State 0-0 19 Ohio Valley Conference St. Francis NY 0-0 19 Northeast Conference Stephen F. Austin 0-0 19 Horizon League UNC Wilmington 0-0 19 Colonial Athletic Association Delaware 0-0 18 Colonial Athletic Association Marist 0-0 18 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference UMass Lowell 0-0 18 America East Conference Austin Peay 0-0 16 Ohio Valley Conference UC Riverside 0-0 16 Big West Conference UNC Greensboro 0-0 16 Southern Conference High Point 0-0 15 Big South Conference Tennessee Martin 0-0 15 Ohio Valley Conference Campbell 0-0 14 Big South Conference Southern Miss 0-0 14 Conference USA Chattanooga 0-0 13 Southern Conference Gardner Webb 0-0 13 Big South Conference Grambling State 0-0 12 Southwestern Athletic Conference North Carolina A&T 0-0 12 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Penn 0-0 12 Ivy League Sacramento State 0-0 12 Big Sky Conference Tennessee Tech 0-0 12 Ohio Valley Conference Wagner 0-0 12 Northeast Conference Southeastern Louisiana 0-0 11 Southland Conference UNC Asheville 0-0 11 Big South Conference Binghamton 0-0 10 America East Conference Florida A&M 0-0 10 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference New Orleans 0-0 10 Southland Conference Bethune Cookman 0-0 9 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Cal State Bakersfield 0-0 9 Western Athletic Conference Southern 0-0 9 Southwestern Athletic Conference Youngstown State 1-0 9 Summit League LIU Brooklyn 0-0 8 Northeast Conference Nicholls State 0-0 8 Southland Conference Denver 0-0 5 Summit League Marshall 0-0 5 Conference USA Jacksonville 0-0 4 Atlantic Sun Conference Jackson State 1-0 2 Southwestern Athletic Conference Brown 0-0 1 Ivy League Samford 0-0 1 Southern Conference UMBC 1-0 1 America East Conference

Not a lot of representation for our FOFC teams in the Mid-Major poll, but it is nice to see ECU and UConn actually in the top 25, even if UConn hasn't played a game yet.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:07 AM   #423
rjolley
College Starter

Craziness. UCLA goes to the title game last season and starts off not only behind Standford, but 8th in the Pac-12 according to the voting.

Also, did all of the Pac-12 receive votes? Is the league that wide open this year? Time will tell...
Old 02-24-2017, 06:04 PM   #424
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Nov. 15-21, 2021

No feature games this week, which means that either Michigan State or Kentucky, or both, lost their Quarterfinal game. Which was it? Or was it both? Stay tuned.

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 2-0, 0-0 America East.

11/17/21 vs. Kent State (W 63-40).
11/20/21 at UMass (W 75-48).

2 surprisingly easy wins for the Hawks this week against what I thought would be much tougher competitions. They play their season tournament next week, so we may find out more then.

UConn (Randolph Childress) -- 1-2, 0-0 American.

11/18/21- Charleston Classic First Round vs. (6) UC Santa Barbara (W 59-55).
11/19/21- Charleston Classic Semifinal vs. (2) Washington (L 79-51).
11/21/21- Charleston Classic 3rd Place Game vs. (4) UTEP L 60-52).

The Huskies are starting this year with a struggle, as Coach Childress continues to underperform at UConn. It's early though, but more was expected out of this tournament than a 4th place finish.

ECU (Al Hutt) -- 3-1, 0-0 American.

11/18/21- New York Classic Semifinal vs. (1) #17 Nebraska (W 96-74).
11/19/21- New York Classic Championship vs. (3) Fresno State (L 68-48).

I guess there's no shame in losing to the defending national champions, especially after crushing the #1 seed in the New York Classic, and that's what the Pirates did. A 3-1 start to the season is pretty darn impressive and sets a good tone.

Tulsa (Will Brown) -- 1-1, 0-0 American.

11/20/21 at Maryland Eastern Shore (W 69-64).

Just 1 game for the Golden Hurricane this week. They'll take any win at this point, even if it was a 5 point road win against a not so good team.

Duke (Dean Hoo) -- 2-1, 0-0 ACC.

11/16/21- Hall of Fame Tip-Off First Round vs. (8) UT Arlington (W 85-76).
11/20/21- Hall of Fame Tip-Off Semifinal vs. (5) Georgia (L 80-71).
11/21/21- Hall of Fame Tip-Off 3rd Place Game vs. (2) Cincinnati (W 69-59).

2 out of 3 for the Blue Devils, as they were upset by Georgia in the semifinals. Still, not a bad start, as they recovered nicely to take 3rd place.

TCU (Bee Mighty) -- 1-1, 0-0 Big 12.

No games this week for the Horned Frogs and Coach Mighty.

Michigan State (Al Mighty) -- 1-1, 0-0 Big Ten.

11/15/21- Hall of Fame Classic Quarterfinal vs. (5) Memphis (L 87-75).

I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise that the Spartans lost, they are still trying to figure it out after last seasons debacle. Memphis is a good team though, and I think Sparty will end up being alright.

Northwestern (Ess Vee) -- 2-1, 0-0 Big Ten.

11/16/21- Hall of Fame Tip-Off First Round vs. (3) Butler (W 71-54).
11/20/21- Hall of Fame Tip-Off Semifinal vs. (2) Cincinnati (W 72-58).
11/21/21- Hall of Fame Tip-Off Championship vs. (5) Georgia (L 83-66).

An encouraging start for the Wildcats, as they beat 2 of the top 3 seeds in the tourney, and suffered the same fate as Duke did against Georgia. Still though, it's progress.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 1-1, 0-0 Big West.

No games this week for the Warriors and Coach Gunn.

Rice (Charlie Shocker) -- 1-0, 0-0 Conference USA.

11/19/21 at Central Arkansas (W 78-61).

Nice start to the season for the Owls, who get a big road win going into their season tournament next week.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 2-0, 0-0 Pac 12.

11/17/21 vs. Utah Valley (W 81-71).
11/19/21 at Texas A&M (W 77-58).

It's too early to say, but the Buffaloes also look much improved. They pasted a strong Texas A&M team on the road, and they have their season tournament next week.

Stanford (Benito Sanchez) -- 2-0, 0-0 Pac 12.

11/16/21 at Indiana (W 81-61).
11/18/21 vs. Elon (W 70-50).

The Cardinal also get off to a good start with a good road win at Indiana. Some promising starts for our teams so far.

UCLA (Tim Shepard) -- 1-0, 0-0 Pac 12.

11/20/21 vs. Furman (W 86-68).

The Bruins start the season with a win, against less than stellar competition. They also have their season tournament next week.

Washington State (DeShawn St. John) -- 0-1, 0-0 Pac 12.

11/20/21 at North Carolina A&T (L 71-66).

Well, not all of our FOFC teams are off to good starts. An embarrassing loss for the Cougars in their season opener. The only possible saving grace is that it was on the road, but not good going into their season tournament next week.

Alabama (Roy Rogers) -- 1-1, 0-0 SEC.

11/17/21 vs. Georgia State (L 87-85, OT).
11/19/21 vs. Mississippi State (W 74-65).

A split for the Crimson Tide, but nothing to brag about. They lose to a team they probably have no business losing to, and beat a team that got a conference demotion a few seasons ago. It'll take better efforts than this as the season goes on.

Kentucky (Patrick Hutt) -- 2-0, 0-0 SEC.

11/15/21- Hall of Fame Classic Quarterfinal vs. (8) California (W 88-62).

So the Wildcats do their part, but Michigan State doesn't, and we are denied a classic in the Semifinal. Instead, Big Blue Nation takes on Memphis next.

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 2-0, 0-0 Sun Belt.

11/15/21 vs. Campbell (W 77-65).
11/19/21 at Samford (W 79-76, OT).

Not the toughest competition in the world, but the Trojans get 2 wins and a big confidence boost going into their season tournament next week.

Here's a look at the national top 25 heading into the week of Nov. 22-28:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wisconsin (72) 4-0 1800 1 Big Ten Conference 2. Wichita State 2-0 1717 2 Missouri Valley Conference 3. Iowa State 1-0 1599 3 Big 12 Conference 4. Villanova 3-0 1594 6 Big East Conference 5. Oklahoma 2-0 1492 4 Big 12 Conference 6. Arkansas 1-0 1402 5 Southeastern Conference 7. Syracuse 3-0 1343 8 Atlantic Coast Conference 8. Florida State 3-0 1270 11 Atlantic Coast Conference 9. North Carolina 1-0 1179 7 Atlantic Coast Conference 10. Baylor 1-0 1145 10 Big 12 Conference 11. St. John's 2-0 1014 13 Big East Conference 12. Virginia 2-0 988 12 Atlantic Coast Conference 13. Iowa 2-0 953 15 Big Ten Conference 14. Ohio State 1-0 688 20 Big Ten Conference 15. San Diego State 1-0 576 23 Mountain West Conference 16. Texas 1-0 477 24 Big 12 Conference 17. Georgetown 1-1 422 22 Big East Conference 18. Arizona 2-0 388 NR Pacific-12 Conference 19. Fresno State 4-0 380 NR Mountain West Conference 20. Stanford 2-0 337 NR Pacific-12 Conference 21. Wake Forest 1-0 274 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 22. Kentucky 2-0 202 NR Southeastern Conference 23. Minnesota 1-0 171 NR Big Ten Conference 24. Richmond 2-0 167 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 25. Georgia 3-0 161 NR Southeastern Conference Others Receiving Votes: Florida 2-0 124 Southeastern Conference Penn State 3-0 118 Big Ten Conference UCLA 1-0 86 Pacific-12 Conference Akron 2-0 85 Mid-American Conference Evansville 2-0 84 Missouri Valley Conference North Carolina State 2-0 77 Atlantic Coast Conference USC 3-0 74 West Coast Conference Maryland 2-0 67 Big Ten Conference Manhattan 3-0 63 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Memphis 2-0 59 American Athletic Conference Colorado 2-0 54 Pacific-12 Conference Western Michigan 2-0 54 Mid-American Conference Boston College 2-0 53 Atlantic Coast Conference Davidson 2-0 47 Atlantic 10 Conference Northern Iowa 2-0 47 Missouri Valley Conference Illinois 1-0 44 Big Ten Conference Oregon 1-0 37 Pacific-12 Conference Long Beach State 2-0 35 Big West Conference South Florida 2-0 31 American Athletic Conference St. Bonaventure 0-0 27 Atlantic 10 Conference Towson 2-0 26 Colonial Athletic Association Texas Tech 2-0 24 Big 12 Conference Auburn 2-0 22 Southeastern Conference Illinois State 1-0 22 Missouri Valley Conference Vermont 3-0 21 America East Conference Yale 2-0 19 Ivy League Louisville 2-1 18 Atlantic Coast Conference VCU 1-0 18 Southeastern Conference Cal Poly 2-0 17 Big West Conference Northern Colorado 3-0 14 Big Sky Conference Oklahoma State 1-0 14 Big 12 Conference Seattle 1-0 14 Western Athletic Conference Wagner 2-0 14 Northeast Conference Portland 1-0 13 West Coast Conference Creighton 1-0 12 Big East Conference Belmont 2-0 11 Ohio Valley Conference FIU 2-0 11 Conference USA Northern Illinois 0-0 11 Mid-American Conference Denver 2-0 10 Summit League UNC Greensboro 2-0 9 Southern Conference Montana State 1-0 8 Big Sky Conference North Carolina Central 2-0 8 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Sacramento State 2-0 8 Big Sky Conference Saint Louis 1-0 8 Atlantic 10 Conference Gonzaga 0-1 7 Pacific-12 Conference UCF 2-0 7 American Athletic Conference UNLV 1-0 7 Mountain West Conference Boston University 2-0 5 Patriot League Delaware 1-0 4 Colonial Athletic Association IUPUI 2-0 4 Summit League Gardner Webb 0-0 3 Big South Conference Air Force 1-0 2 Mountain West Conference North Florida 2-0 2 Atlantic Sun Conference Florida Gulf Coast 1-0 1 Atlantic Sun Conference Hartford 2-0 1 America East Conference

Nice to see Stanford back in the National Top 25 for the first time in a while. Kentucky is in as well. Poor Michigan State, lost a tough game and loses all their votes. I don't agree with that at all.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:07 PM   #425
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Here is the Mid-Major Top 25 going into the week of Nov. 22-28:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wichita State (72) 2-0 1800 1 Missouri Valley Conference 2. San Diego State 1-0 1532 4 Mountain West Conference 3. Fresno State 4-0 1491 6 Mountain West Conference 4. Richmond 2-0 1317 5 Atlantic 10 Conference 5. Memphis 2-0 1195 9 American Athletic Conference 6. Evansville 2-0 1131 NR Missouri Valley Conference 7. Akron 2-0 1114 12 Mid-American Conference 8. Western Michigan 2-0 918 NR Mid-American Conference 9. USC 3-0 861 NR West Coast Conference 10. South Florida 2-0 843 NR American Athletic Conference 11. Davidson 2-0 839 19 Atlantic 10 Conference 12. Northern Iowa 2-0 800 NR Missouri Valley Conference 13. Manhattan 3-0 700 NR Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 14. Vermont 3-0 580 NR America East Conference 15. Long Beach State 2-0 547 NR Big West Conference 16. Belmont 2-0 483 NR Ohio Valley Conference 17. Towson 2-0 473 NR Colonial Athletic Association 18. Illinois State 1-0 458 20 Missouri Valley Conference 19. FIU 2-0 344 NR Conference USA 20. Denver 2-0 320 NR Summit League 21. Cal Poly 2-0 311 NR Big West Conference 22. Eastern Michigan 1-0 243 NR Mid-American Conference 23. Georgia State 1-0 237 NR Horizon League 24. James Madison 2-0 222 NR Colonial Athletic Association 25. Yale 2-0 220 NR Ivy League Others Receiving Votes: Saint Louis 1-0 209 Atlantic 10 Conference Bowling Green 1-0 194 Mid-American Conference UNLV 1-0 190 Mountain West Conference IUPUI 2-0 187 Summit League Northern Colorado 3-0 185 Big Sky Conference Sacramento State 2-0 185 Big Sky Conference Oakland 1-0 164 Horizon League Portland 1-0 161 West Coast Conference North Texas 1-0 158 Conference USA St. Bonaventure 0-0 153 Atlantic 10 Conference UNC Greensboro 2-0 151 Southern Conference Middle Tennessee 1-0 145 Conference USA North Carolina Central 2-0 139 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference North Florida 2-0 137 Atlantic Sun Conference UCF 2-0 134 American Athletic Conference Hartford 2-0 133 America East Conference South Dakota State 1-0 130 Summit League Boston University 2-0 122 Patriot League Air Force 1-0 119 Mountain West Conference Delaware 1-0 111 Colonial Athletic Association Seattle 1-0 107 Western Athletic Conference Wagner 2-0 105 Northeast Conference Northern Illinois 0-0 97 Mid-American Conference Penn 1-0 97 Ivy League Rice 1-0 93 Conference USA Montana State 1-0 90 Big Sky Conference Florida Gulf Coast 1-0 83 Atlantic Sun Conference Saint Peter's 1-0 78 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Eastern Kentucky 1-0 69 Ohio Valley Conference Incarnate Word 1-0 67 Southland Conference Grambling State 2-0 58 Southwestern Athletic Conference Winthrop 2-0 49 Big South Conference North Dakota 1-0 44 Big Sky Conference Texas-Rio Grande Valley 1-0 42 Western Athletic Conference Troy 2-0 39 Sun Belt Conference Northwestern State 1-0 35 Southland Conference Arkansas State 1-0 29 Sun Belt Conference Texas State 0-0 27 Sun Belt Conference Bryant 0-0 24 Northeast Conference Gardner Webb 0-0 22 Big South Conference Jackson State 1-0 18 Southwestern Athletic Conference Lamar 0-0 17 Southland Conference Bethune Cookman 0-0 9 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Alcorn State 0-0 8 Southwestern Athletic Conference BYU 1-1 7 West Coast Conference

ECU suffers the same fate in the mid-major poll that Michigan State does in the national polls: Lose a game, lose all your votes. Ridiculous. Good to see Rice and Troy and Hartford gaining votes though.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:26 PM   #426
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Looks like almost every team in the Big 12 gets some votes except TCU. Did we lose our whole team to graduation?
Old 03-01-2017, 08:09 AM   #427
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Nov. 22-28, 2021

1 feature game this week, but it wasn't a part of any season tournament, just a regularly scheduled game.

11/28/21- ECU (Al Hutt) @ Duke (Dean Hoo) -- A really good test for the much improved Pirates, but they weren't quite up to the task. Despite forcing 26 Duke turnovers, ECU could only manage to shoot 35.9% from the field. Combine that with the fact that the Blue Devils hit double the amount of three pointers that ECU did, and it all added up to a double digit win for Duke.

Final Score: Duke- 76, ECU- 64

Now for the rest of the weekly recap:

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 2-2, 0-0 America East.

11/22/21- Toledo Regional First Round vs. (4) UL Monroe (L 60-52).
11/23/21- Toledo Regional 3rd Place Game vs. (3) High Point (L 71-63).

A couple 8 point losses to teams the Hawks probably should have beaten, and they finish 4th in a 4 team tournament for the 3rd time in Coach Ginsberg's career.

UConn (Randolph Childress) -- 1-2, 0-0 American.

No games this week for the Huskies and Coach Childress.

ECU (Al Hutt) -- 3-2, 0-0 American.

11/28/21 at Duke- feature game, highlighted above.

Just the 1 game this week for the Pirates, and if they could have just converted on half of the Duke turnovers, they'd be sitting at 4-1 right now.

Tulsa (Will Brown) -- 2-3, 0-0 American.

11/22/21- Gulf Coast Showcase First Round vs. (6) Towson (L 71-61).
11/23/21- Gulf Coast Showcase Consolation Round vs. (7) Nevada (W 70-64).
11/24/21- Gulf Coast Showcase 5th Place Game vs. (8) Rider (L 71-58).

An embarrassing week for the Golden Hurricane, who go 1-2 against the #6,7, and 8 seeds in the Gulf Coast Showcase for a 6th place finish. They are still trying to figure it out, but Coach Brown's patience is wearing thin.

Duke (Dean Hoo) -- 3-1, 0-0 ACC.

11/28/21 vs. ECU- feature game, highlighted above.

A gift win for the Blue Devils this week, who turned the ball over 26 times but still found a way to win.

TCU (Bee Mighty) -- 1-2, 0-0 Big 12.

11/24/21 at Incarnate Word (L 98-83).

1 game for the Horned Frogs this week, and boy was it an embarrassing loss. A 15 point road loss to Incarnate Word. The honeymoon might be wearing off for TCU.

Michigan State (Al Mighty) 1-1, 0-0 Big Ten.

No games this week for the Spartans and Coach Mighty.

Northwestern (Ess Vee) -- 2-1, 0-0 Big Ten.

No games this week for the Wildcats and Coach Vee. Wow, a lot of teams had the week off.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 1-2, 0-0 Big West.

11/26/21 at Eastern Kentucky (L 69-63).

1 game this week for the Warriors, and it was another loss, but at least it was close. The schedule isn't easy coming up for Hawaii.

Rice (Charlie Shocker) -- 2-1, 0-0 Conference USA.

11/26/21- Music City Challenge First Round vs. (2) UL Lafayette (L 84-77).
11/28/21- Music City Challenge 3rd Place Game vs. (4) Jackson State (W 75-52).

The Owls split this week, salvaging 3rd place in their tournament after a tough loss to UL Lafayette.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 4-1, 0-0 Pac 12.

11/22/21- Gulf Coast Showcase First Round vs. (8) Rider (W 63-56).
11/23/21- Gulf Coast Showcase Semifinal vs. (4) Portland (L 86-79).
11/24/21- Gulf Coast Showcase Championship vs. (6) Towson (W 81-70).

2 out of 3 this week for the Buffaloes, and it's far too soon to say they've turned the corner. Nothing to be ashamed of losing to Portland, who already has some incredible wins this season and will be ranked when the new polls come out. Still though, a promising start for Coach Nielsen, who picked up career win #100 in the win against Rider.

#20 Stanford (Benito Sanchez) -- 3-1, 0-0 Pac 12.

11/24/21 at Santa Clara (W 83-77).
11/28/21 at UC Santa Barbara (L 70-64).

A road split this week for the Cardinal, and a pair of 6 point outcomes. That loss to UCSB was marred by bad shooting and getting beaten by 15 on the boards.

UCLA (Tim Shepard) -- 3-1, 0-0 Pac 12.

11/24/21- Battle 4 Atlantis First Round vs. (7) Georgia State (L 79-77).
11/25/21- Battle 4 Atlantis Consolation Round vs. (6) Evansville (W 83-68).
11/26/21- Battle 4 Atlantis 5th Place Game vs. (8) DePaul (W 93-80).

Not exactly the competition the Bruins were hoping for as they progressed in the tournament, but that's what happens when you get upset in your first round game. A good recovery to finish 5th, but they really missed out on a chance at some RPI boosting games.

Washington State (DeShawn St. John) -- 3-1, 0-0 Pac 12.

11/22/21- Main Event First Round vs. (3) LSU (W 70-55).
11/23/21- Main Event Semifinal vs. (2) Indiana (W 72-70).
11/24/21- Main Event Championship vs. (5) Georgia Tech (W 101-70).

I'm not sure what Coach St. John said to his Cougars after that season opening loss, but whatever he said... message delivered, at least for these 3 games. It was like a new Washington State team out there, and they carried it all the way to win the Main Event Championship! This is the first tournament title for Coach St. John and the Cougars since this dynasty started. Congrats to him, hopefully they can keep it up.

Alabama (Roy Rogers) -- 2-1, 0-0 SEC.

11/24/21 vs. Columbia (W 67-64).

Just 1 game this week for the Crimson Tide, and they will soak in this victory, because with the upcoming schedule they have, it might be their last win for a while.

#22 Kentucky (Patrick Hutt) -- 4-0, 0-0 SEC.

11/22/21- Hall of Fame Classic Semifinal vs. (5) Memphis (W 74-68).
11/23/21- Hall of Fame Classic Championship vs. (6) Akron (W 74-65).

The Wildcats miss a chance to play the 2nd seed in this tournament, as they were bounced by tournament runner-up Akron. Still, a tournament win is a tournament win, because you still have to beat who is put in front of you. The Wildcats become the first FOFC team in this dynasty to win a 4 team, 8 team, and 16 team tournament. They've completed that hat trick, and they've also won 4 season tournaments now in this dynasty. Impressive!

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 3-2, 0-0 Sun Belt.

11/25/21- Wooden Legacy First Round vs. (3) Navy (L 77-76).
11/26/21- Wooden Legacy Consolation Round vs. (7) Howard (L 57-50).
11/28/21- Wooden Legacy 7th Place Game vs. (8) Marist (W 82-65).

Some agonizing defeats for the Trojans this week, who lose 2 games by a total of 8 points. A nice recovery to get a double digit win in the 7th place game.

Here's a look at the national top 25 going into the week of Nov. 29-Dec. 5:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wisconsin (72) 5-0 1800 1 Big Ten Conference 2. Wichita State 5-0 1728 2 Missouri Valley Conference 3. Arkansas 3-0 1625 6 Southeastern Conference 4. Baylor 3-0 1578 10 Big 12 Conference 5. North Carolina 3-0 1502 9 Atlantic Coast Conference 6. San Diego State 4-0 1428 15 Mountain West Conference 7. Arizona 5-0 1244 18 Pacific-12 Conference 8. Kentucky 4-0 1074 22 Southeastern Conference 9. Penn State 6-0 1031 NR Big Ten Conference 10. Wake Forest 3-0 1025 21 Atlantic Coast Conference 11. Syracuse 6-1 994 7 Atlantic Coast Conference 12. Fresno State 5-0 935 19 Mountain West Conference 13. Iowa State 3-1 925 3 Big 12 Conference 14. Georgetown 2-1 836 17 Big East Conference 15. Portland 4-0 705 NR West Coast Conference 16. South Florida 4-0 633 NR American Athletic Conference 17. Manhattan 5-0 596 NR Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 18. Georgia 3-0 561 25 Southeastern Conference 19. UNLV 3-0 426 NR Mountain West Conference 20. Louisville 4-1 398 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 21. South Carolina 3-0 309 NR Southeastern Conference 22. James Madison 4-0 270 NR Colonial Athletic Association 23. Oklahoma State 2-0 243 NR Big 12 Conference 24. Florida State 3-1 229 8 Atlantic Coast Conference 25. St. John's 3-1 182 11 Big East Conference Others Receiving Votes: Florida Gulf Coast 3-0 176 Atlantic Sun Conference IUPUI 3-0 153 Summit League Iowa 3-1 105 Big Ten Conference Boston College 2-0 104 Atlantic Coast Conference Seattle 3-0 100 Western Athletic Conference Texas State 2-0 78 Sun Belt Conference Villanova 3-1 76 Big East Conference Denver 2-0 73 Summit League Vermont 3-0 70 America East Conference Air Force 1-0 58 Mountain West Conference Eastern Kentucky 2-0 49 Ohio Valley Conference Northwestern State 2-0 36 Southland Conference Virginia 2-1 13 Atlantic Coast Conference Ohio State 4-1 10 Big Ten Conference Bryant 1-0 8 Northeast Conference Boise State 1-1 4 Mountain West Conference Buffalo 3-1 4 Mid-American Conference Oklahoma 4-1 3 Big 12 Conference Vanderbilt 3-1 3 Southeastern Conference

Kentucky has a big jump this week after winning the Hall of Fame Classic, while Stanford loses all their votes after their meltdown at UCSB. These are really tough polls to figure out. I guess I don't keep that close of attention to polls in real life, but I have a hard time having a 1-0, 1-1 team receiving votes, when we have 4 Pac 12 FOFC teams that are either 3-1 or 4-1, and none of them receive a vote. Crazy.

OK, rant over, for now. Here's a look a the mid-major top 25 going into the week of Nov. 29-Dec. 5:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wichita State (72) 5-0 1800 1 Missouri Valley Conference 2. San Diego State 4-0 1723 2 Mountain West Conference 3. Fresno State 5-0 1618 3 Mountain West Conference 4. Portland 4-0 1526 NR West Coast Conference 5. UNLV 3-0 1409 NR Mountain West Conference 6. South Florida 4-0 1394 10 American Athletic Conference 7. Manhattan 5-0 1387 13 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 8. James Madison 4-0 1234 24 Colonial Athletic Association 9. Florida Gulf Coast 3-0 1206 NR Atlantic Sun Conference 10. Vermont 3-0 1087 14 America East Conference 11. IUPUI 3-0 1046 NR Summit League 12. Denver 2-0 960 20 Summit League 13. Seattle 3-0 922 NR Western Athletic Conference 14. Texas State 2-0 850 NR Sun Belt Conference 15. Eastern Kentucky 2-0 846 NR Ohio Valley Conference 16. Air Force 1-0 811 NR Mountain West Conference 17. Northwestern State 2-0 655 NR Southland Conference 18. Boise State 1-1 559 NR Mountain West Conference 19. Bryant 1-0 555 NR Northeast Conference 20. Buffalo 3-1 530 NR Mid-American Conference 21. Green Bay 4-1 213 NR Horizon League 22. Illinois State 3-1 209 18 Missouri Valley Conference 23. Belmont 4-1 192 16 Ohio Valley Conference 24. Memphis 3-1 99 5 American Athletic Conference 25. Akron 3-1 96 7 Mid-American Conference Others Receiving Votes: VMI 5-1 87 Southern Conference Cal Poly 3-1 36 Big West Conference Oakland 3-1 32 Horizon League Northern Colorado 5-1 30 Big Sky Conference Massachusetts 3-1 29 Atlantic 10 Conference Bucknell 3-1 28 Patriot League Sacramento State 3-1 24 Big Sky Conference Saint Louis 3-1 23 Atlantic 10 Conference UAB 3-1 19 Conference USA Dartmouth 3-1 15 Ivy League Radford 5-1 15 Big South Conference Rhode Island 1-1 14 Atlantic 10 Conference Fordham 2-1 11 Atlantic 10 Conference UC Irvine 1-1 11 Big West Conference Charlotte 3-1 10 Conference USA Colgate 3-1 10 Patriot League Eastern Illinois 3-1 10 Ohio Valley Conference Temple 2-1 9 American Athletic Conference Southern Utah 2-1 7 Big Sky Conference Montana State 1-1 6 Big Sky Conference St. Francis NY 2-1 6 Northeast Conference Western Illinois 2-1 5 Southland Conference Alabama A&M 4-1 4 Southwestern Athletic Conference Boston University 3-1 4 Patriot League FIU 2-1 4 Conference USA UNC Greensboro 2-1 4 Southern Conference Valparaiso 3-1 4 Horizon League Niagara 1-1 3 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference North Carolina A&T 2-1 3 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference William & Mary 2-1 3 Colonial Athletic Association Louisiana Monroe 3-1 2 Sun Belt Conference Loyola Marymount 1-1 2 West Coast Conference Colorado State 1-1 1 Mountain West Conference Oral Roberts 1-1 1 Summit League San Jose State 1-1 1 Mountain West Conference

No big surprise, as none of our FOFC teams are receiving mid-major votes.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:18 PM   #428
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Fantastic run for Wazzu! Hopefully they build on that. Looks like something special is building on the Palouse.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:24 PM   #429
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Nov. 29-Dec. 5, 2021

We have 2 feature games to tell you about this week, and we'll start with a Big 12/American matchup:

11/30/21- TCU (Bee Mighty) @ Tulsa (Will Brown) -- The honeymoon of last season may be over for the Horned Frogs, as they committed 18 turnovers and shot just 39.7% in a road loss.

Final Score: Tulsa- 73, TCU- 62

Now to an America East/Big West matchup:

12/4/21- Hartford (David Ginsberg) @ Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- Hot shooting for Hawaii was the difference in this one, as they shot 51% from the field and got to the line a bit more, as they get a big home win.

Final Score: Hawaii- 71, Hartford- 57

Now to the rest of the weekly recap:

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 2-4, 0-0 America East.

12/2/21 at #25 St. Johns (L 76-60).
12/4/21 at Hawaii- feature game, highlighted above.

This might be the longest losing streak that the Hawks have suffered in a while, as they've lost their last 4 after beating 2 fairly quality teams to start the season.

UConn (Randolph Childress) -- 1-3, 0-0 American.

11/30/21 vs. Stephen F. Austin (L 73-61).

Things continue to go south for Coach Childress and the Huskies, who lose their 3rd in a row going into a brutal stretch to finish the non-conference schedule. They might consider themselves luck if they win 2 more games before American play starts.

ECU (Al Hutt) -- 3-3, 0-0 American.

12/4/21 at Texas A&M (L 75-63).

So close, yet so far for the Pirates, who have fought hard against 2 good teams on the road, but lost their last 2 games. They've got 3 more tough games before the schedule eases up just a tad.

Tulsa (Will Brown) -- 3-4, 0-0 American.

11/30/21 vs. TCU- feature game, highlighted above.
12/5/21 vs. Northwestern State (L 68-62, OT).

Inconsistency again for the Golden Hurricane, who beat TCU yet lose in OT to Northwestern State? Gotta find some consistency or it'll be another long season.

Duke (Dean Hoo) -- 5-1, 0-0 ACC.

11/30/21 vs. Elon (W 84-61).
12/3/21 vs. High Point (W 90-59).

The Blue Devils beat up on a couple more putzes in the non-conference schedule, and now they'll get a bit more tested in their next 3 games.

TCU (Bee Mighty) -- 1-3, 0-0 Big 12.

11/30/21 at Tulsa- feature game, highlighted above.

Another road loss for the Horned Frogs, who seem to be falling back into oblivion. They have 4 feel good games in a row coming up that they have to win.

Michigan State (Al Mighty) -- 4-1, 0-0 Big Ten.

11/29/21 at Creighton (W 82-70).
12/1/21 vs. Holy Cross (W 81-44).
12/3/21 vs. Hofstra (W 82-58).

3 good wins for the Spartans, who seem to be off to a hot start, but there is still a lot to be desired.

Northwestern (Ess Vee) -- 3-3, 0-0 Big Ten.

11/29/21 vs. SIU Edwardsville (W 77-59).
12/3/21 at Marquette (L 75-66).
12/5/21 at Sacred Heart (L 93-70).

1 out of 3 for the Wildcats this week, but my goodness, a 23 point loss to Sacred Heart? One can only hope they'll be an NCAA Tournament team (Sacred Heart I mean) with that kind of performance.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 3-2, 0-0 Big West.

11/30/21 at USC (W 71-59).
12/4/21 vs. Hartford- feature game, highlighted above.

Nice week for the Warriors who jump over .500 again with a couple wins.

Rice (Charlie Shocker) -- 2-1, 0-0 Conference USA.

No games this week for the Owls and Coach Shocker.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 5-1, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/3/21 at Kansas (W 52-43).

A win for the Buffaloes this week. At one point, winning at Kansas would be considered a marquee victory, but the Jayhawks have fallen so far that it's not as big of a win as it should be. Never mind that though, Colorado has already won half as many games in 1 month of the season than they did all season 2 years ago.

Stanford (Benito Sanchez) -- 5-1, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/1/21 vs. N.C. State (W 100-48).
12/4/21 vs. Mt. St. Mary's (W 76-60).

Wow! What a whoopin the Cardinal put on N.C. State. I never would have seen that coming. 1 more game for Stanford before their season tournament.

UCLA (Tim Shepard) -- 4-1, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/1/21 vs. Bowling Green (W 69-66).

It was a much tougher game than expected for the Bruins, but they pulled out a tough victory in their only game of the week.

Washington State (DeShawn St. John) -- 3-4, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/1/21 at St. Mary's (L 89-72).
12/3/21 vs. William & Mary (L 92-81).
12/5/21 vs. #15 Portland (L 75-67).

So much for the Cougars turning the corner. In their defense, they did lose to 3 solid non P5 schools that all have a very good chance at postseason play. But.. it also proves there is still work to be done.

Alabama (Roy Rogers) -- 2-2, 0-0 SEC.

12/1/21 at #5 North Carolina (L 61-50).

Just 1 game this week for the Crimson Tide, who gave it a gallant effort but no luck. The schedule continues to be brutal, non-conference wise anyways.

#8 Kentucky (Patrick Hutt) -- 5-1, 0-0 SEC.

11/30/21 at Oklahoma (L 78-62).
12/3/21 vs. Coastal Carolina (W 74-52).

A split for the Wildcats, who suffer their first loss of the season to an Oklahoma team that might not be as good as their record shows.

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 3-2, 0-0 Sun Belt.

No games this week for the Trojans and Coach Hawkins.

Here's a look at the national top 25 going into the week of Dec. 6-12:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wisconsin (72) 7-0 1800 1 Big Ten Conference 2. Wichita State 7-0 1727 2 Missouri Valley Conference 3. Baylor 6-0 1626 4 Big 12 Conference 4. Arkansas 5-0 1589 3 Southeastern Conference 5. North Carolina 4-0 1478 5 Atlantic Coast Conference 6. San Diego State 7-0 1468 6 Mountain West Conference 7. Arizona 7-0 1312 7 Pacific-12 Conference 8. Iowa State 5-1 1233 13 Big 12 Conference 9. Syracuse 7-1 1166 11 Atlantic Coast Conference 10. Fresno State 7-0 1152 12 Mountain West Conference 11. Penn State 6-0 1042 9 Big Ten Conference 12. Wake Forest 3-0 1008 10 Atlantic Coast Conference 13. Georgia 4-0 810 18 Southeastern Conference 14. Manhattan 6-0 790 17 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 15. Louisville 4-1 739 20 Atlantic Coast Conference 16. Florida Gulf Coast 5-0 649 NR Atlantic Sun Conference 17. Boston College 4-0 641 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 18. St. John's 5-1 628 25 Big East Conference 19. James Madison 5-0 511 22 Colonial Athletic Association 20. Virginia 4-1 409 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 21. Air Force 3-0 392 NR Mountain West Conference 22. Villanova 4-1 332 NR Big East Conference 23. Ohio State 4-1 225 NR Big Ten Conference 24. Florida State 4-1 179 24 Atlantic Coast Conference 25. Vanderbilt 5-1 101 NR Southeastern Conference Others Receiving Votes: Notre Dame 6-1 69 Atlantic Coast Conference Xavier 5-1 56 Big East Conference Illinois State 6-1 42 Missouri Valley Conference Georgetown 3-2 35 Big East Conference Nebraska 4-1 33 Big Ten Conference Stanford 5-1 27 Pacific-12 Conference Kentucky 5-1 26 Southeastern Conference Colorado 5-1 17 Pacific-12 Conference Duke 5-1 14 Atlantic Coast Conference Oklahoma 6-1 13 Big 12 Conference Maryland 5-1 11 Big Ten Conference Portland 5-1 11 West Coast Conference UCLA 4-1 11 Pacific-12 Conference Massachusetts 6-1 7 Atlantic 10 Conference Washington 3-1 6 Pacific-12 Conference South Florida 5-1 5 American Athletic Conference UNLV 4-1 5 Mountain West Conference Memphis 5-1 2 American Athletic Conference Texas 4-1 1 Big 12 Conference Western Illinois 4-1 1 Southland Conference William & Mary 5-1 1 Colonial Athletic Association

Tough polls! Kentucky loses 1 game and drops all the way out, but it's a good news/bad news situation. The bad news, no teams ranked in the top 25. The good news, 5 teams still receiving votes. I guess I'll take it for now.

Now a look at the mid-major poll for the week of Dec. 6-12:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wichita State (72) 7-0 1800 1 Missouri Valley Conference 2. San Diego State 7-0 1728 2 Mountain West Conference 3. Fresno State 7-0 1642 3 Mountain West Conference 4. Florida Gulf Coast 5-0 1568 9 Atlantic Sun Conference 5. Manhattan 6-0 1507 7 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 6. James Madison 5-0 1434 8 Colonial Athletic Association 7. Air Force 3-0 1392 16 Mountain West Conference 8. Illinois State 6-1 1265 22 Missouri Valley Conference 9. William & Mary 5-1 1064 NR Colonial Athletic Association 10. Memphis 5-1 994 24 American Athletic Conference 11. Portland 5-1 977 4 West Coast Conference 12. VMI 6-1 846 NR Southern Conference 13. South Florida 5-1 820 6 American Athletic Conference 14. UNLV 4-1 795 5 Mountain West Conference 15. The Citadel 6-1 720 NR Southern Conference 16. Oakland 5-1 718 NR Horizon League 17. Massachusetts 6-1 654 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 18. Valparaiso 5-1 606 NR Horizon League 19. Colgate 4-1 344 NR Patriot League 20. Oral Roberts 4-1 267 NR Summit League 21. UAB 4-1 252 NR Conference USA 22. Temple 4-1 243 NR American Athletic Conference 23. Old Dominion 3-1 233 NR Conference USA 24. Alabama A&M 4-1 201 NR Southwestern Athletic Conference 25. Eastern Michigan 3-1 195 NR Mid-American Conference Others Receiving Votes: Texas State 3-1 123 Sun Belt Conference Colorado State 3-1 119 Mountain West Conference Western Illinois 4-1 111 Southland Conference Denver 3-1 108 Summit League Sacramento State 3-1 104 Big Sky Conference Cal Poly 3-1 85 Big West Conference Louisiana Tech 2-1 78 Conference USA Southern Utah 3-1 75 Big Sky Conference Boise State 3-2 74 Mountain West Conference Loyola MD 4-1 74 Patriot League Northeastern 1-1 50 Colonial Athletic Association FIU 2-1 48 Conference USA South Alabama 2-1 46 Sun Belt Conference Rice 2-1 27 Conference USA Buffalo 4-2 13 Mid-American Conference

Nice to see Rice, who didn't even play a game last week, find a way into the mid-major polls.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:54 AM   #430
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Dec. 6-12, 2021

Just 1 feature game this week, as we have a Big Ten/SEC showdown between teams that are trying to restore their glory.

12/6/21- Michigan State (Al Mighty) @ Alabama (Roy Rogers) -- The first half was the difference in this one, as the Spartans held Bama to just 17 first half points and 35% shooting overall for the game, as they get an important road victory.

Final Score: Michigan State- 66, Alabama- 53

Now to the rest of the weekly recap:

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 2-6, 0-0 America East.

12/7/21 vs. Rhode Island (L 79-68).
12/9/21 at Rutgers (L 72-59).

2 more double digit losses for the Hawks, who have lost 6 in a row since looking really good in their first 2 games. The streak has to end sometime, we hope.

UConn (Randolph Childress) -- 3-4, 0-0 American.

12/6/21 at Gonzaga (W 85-63).
12/10/21vs. #23 Ohio State (W 76-70).
12/12/21 at #5 North Carolina (L 86-60).

Not a bad week for the Huskies, as they played some tough competition, getting a home upset of Ohio State before falling apart at North Carolina. Still, 2 outta 3 against top competition isn't bad.

ECU (Al Hutt) -- 4-5, 0-0 American.

12/6/21 at Miami (L 90-68).
12/8/21 at Florida (L 72-64).
12/11/21 at VCU (W 88-59).

I thought this might be a tough week for the Pirates, and it was. They looked bad against Miami, lost a halftime lead against Florida, but finished the week strong with a road dismantling of a VCU team that has vastly underperformed since joining the SEC.

Tulsa (Will Brown) -- 3-6, 0-0 American.

12/8/21 vs. South Dakota State (L 57-53).
12/11/21 at Oklahoma State (L 91-82).

Pile em up! More losses for the Golden Hurricane. What's most frustrating is that 2 of their last 3 losses have been to teams they really shouldn't be losing to, especially at home. At least Oklahoma State is a respectable loss.

Duke (Dean Hoo) -- 8-1, 0-0 ACC.

12/7/21 vs. Georgetown (W 56-55).
12/9/21 at #25 Vanderbilt (W 84-51).
12/12/21 at Gonzaga (W 83-74).

Great week for the Blue Devils who continue to roll. After a scare against Georgetown, the Dukies looked great at Vandy and at Gonzaga.

TCU (Bee Mighty) -- 2-4, 0-0 Big 12.

12/6/21 at Tennessee Tech (L 51-50).
12/10/21 vs. New Orleans (W 91-78).

A split for the Horned Frogs this week, and a heartbreaking loss at Tennessee Tech. All they needed to do was figure out how to make 1 more shot. They've got more winnable games coming up, the question is can they play consistently enough to turn them into wins.

Michigan State (Al Mighty) -- 5-1, 0-0 Big Ten.

12/6/21 at Alabama- feature game, highlighted above.

Just the 1 game this week for the Spartans and it was a solid road victory. They've got a chance to puff up their win total going into conference play, although there are a couple games left in non-conference that could be tests.

Northwestern (Ess Vee) -- 5-3, 0-0 Big Ten.

12/8/21 at Chattanooga (W 67-61).
12/10/21 vs. Toledo (W 70-65, OT).

2 wins this week for the Wildcats, and badly needed wins. With Coach Vee fighting for his job, he really needs to win as many as he can out of conference, because he knows what a grind the Big Ten schedule will be.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 4-2, 0-0 Big West.

12/8/21 vs. #11 Penn State (W 67-60).

A nice home victory for the Warriors in their only game of the week. Anytime you can steal a victory against a P5 team is important.

Rice (Charlie Shocker) -- 4-2, 0-0 Conference USA.

12/8/21 at Houston Baptist (W 75-70, OT).
12/10/21 at Texas Southern (L 76-65).
12/12/21 vs. North Dakota State (W 78-74).

2 out of the for 3 owls, and their only setback was against a team that is usually near the top of their conference, so not bad.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 6-2, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/7/21 vs. BYU (L 61-57).
12/10/21 vs. Western Carolina (W 89-58).

A split for the Buffaloes, who are probably kicking themselves for that loss to BYU. It was a slow start that did it. They needed that win, because wins might be tough to come by for the rest of the month.

Stanford (Benito Sanchez) -- 5-2, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/6/21 vs. Northeastern (L 66-64).

A loss for the Cardinal in their only game of the week. Not exactly the kind of momentum you want going into your season tournament where your first round opponent is 7-1. Coach Sanchez has some work to do to get his team ready.

UCLA (Tim Shepard) -- 6-2, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/6/21 vs. Colgate (L 79-77).
12/10/21 at Loyola Marymount (W 76-61).
12/12/21 vs. Holy Cross (W 82-57).

2 outta 3 for the Bruins, but losing to Colgate? Really? To be fair, Colgate is 5-2 with an RPI of 36. But still, this is a bad loss for UCLA.

Washington State (DeShawn St. John) -- 3-4, 0-0 Pac 12.

No games this week for the Cougars and Coach St. John, who hopefully used the week to prepare for some more winnable games coming up.

Alabama (Roy Rogers) -- 2-5, 0-0 SEC.

12/6/21 vs. Michigan State- feature game, highlighted above.
12/8/21 at #8 Iowa State (L 82-58).
12/10/21 at #9 Syracuse (L 64-55).

Give credit to the Crimson Tide for scheduling tough and boosting their SOS for an at-large bid, but none of that matters if they can't find a way to win some of those games. Their last 4 opponents have a combined record of 29-3 so far this season, and 3 of them beat Bama by double digits. This isn't going to fly.

Kentucky (Patrick Hutt) -- 6-2, 0-0 SEC.

12/7/21 at N.C. State (L 75-73).
12/11/21 vs. Cleveland State (W 83-61).

A split for the Wildcats, who won't be happy about dropping one on the road to another P5 opponent. Both of their losses are on the road so far, Coach Hutt wants to get that figured out sooner than later.

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 4-3, 0-0 Sun Belt.

12/7/21 at Charlotte (W 91-82).
12/9/21 at Mississippi State (L 96-91).

A road split this week for the Trojans, and both of them were old fashioned shootouts. It's nice that they are putting up the offense, but they've got to shore up that defense. Conference play begins next week for Troy, a little early I'm thinking, but maybe not.

Here's a look at the national top 25 going into the week of Dec. 13-19:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wisconsin (72) 9-0 1800 1 Big Ten Conference 2. Wichita State 10-0 1728 2 Missouri Valley Conference 3. Arkansas 7-0 1649 4 Southeastern Conference 4. North Carolina 6-0 1550 5 Atlantic Coast Conference 5. Iowa State 9-1 1497 8 Big 12 Conference 6. Baylor 8-0 1421 3 Big 12 Conference 7. Syracuse 9-1 1359 9 Atlantic Coast Conference 8. Arizona 8-0 1333 7 Pacific-12 Conference 9. Louisville 6-1 1152 15 Atlantic Coast Conference 10. Wake Forest 5-0 1142 12 Atlantic Coast Conference 11. St. John's 7-1 1024 18 Big East Conference 12. Manhattan 8-0 973 14 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 13. Virginia 6-1 821 20 Atlantic Coast Conference 14. Florida Gulf Coast 6-0 805 16 Atlantic Sun Conference 15. Villanova 6-1 773 22 Big East Conference 16. San Diego State 7-1 772 6 Mountain West Conference 17. Xavier 7-1 643 NR Big East Conference 18. Texas 7-1 547 NR Big 12 Conference 19. Nebraska 6-1 504 NR Big Ten Conference 20. Notre Dame 8-1 489 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 21. Duke 8-1 403 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 22. Fresno State 9-1 285 10 Mountain West Conference 23. Oklahoma 8-1 262 NR Big 12 Conference 24. Memphis 8-1 163 NR American Athletic Conference 25. Kansas State 7-1 77 NR Big 12 Conference Others Receiving Votes: Georgia 5-1 42 Southeastern Conference Massachusetts 7-1 38 Atlantic 10 Conference Oakland 8-1 33 Horizon League William & Mary 6-1 26 Colonial Athletic Association Penn State 6-1 24 Big Ten Conference Old Dominion 6-1 14 Conference USA South Florida 6-1 14 American Athletic Conference Cal Poly 5-1 9 Big West Conference James Madison 6-1 6 Colonial Athletic Association Oklahoma State 5-1 6 Big 12 Conference Boston College 5-1 5 Atlantic Coast Conference Purdue 6-1 5 Big Ten Conference VMI 7-1 3 Southern Conference The Citadel 7-1 2 Southern Conference Air Force 4-1 1 Mountain West Conference

Great to see Duke jump into the top 25, but what a lack of respect for the FOFC teams otherwise. Those losses that teams like Stanford, Kentucky, Colorado, and UCLA had were enough to cause them to lose all their poll votes. Crazy.

Now for the mid-major top 25 going into the week of Dec. 13-19:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wichita State (72) 10-0 1800 1 Missouri Valley Conference 2. Florida Gulf Coast 6-0 1672 4 Atlantic Sun Conference 3. Manhattan 8-0 1648 5 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 4. San Diego State 7-1 1623 2 Mountain West Conference 5. Fresno State 9-1 1478 3 Mountain West Conference 6. Memphis 8-1 1435 10 American Athletic Conference 7. Oakland 8-1 1318 16 Horizon League 8. William & Mary 6-1 1261 9 Colonial Athletic Association 9. Old Dominion 6-1 1092 23 Conference USA 10. South Florida 6-1 1090 13 American Athletic Conference 11. VMI 7-1 1074 12 Southern Conference 12. Massachusetts 7-1 1031 17 Atlantic 10 Conference 13. The Citadel 7-1 954 15 Southern Conference 14. James Madison 6-1 808 6 Colonial Athletic Association 15. Valparaiso 6-1 799 18 Horizon League 16. Alabama A&M 6-1 712 24 Southwestern Athletic Conference 17. Loyola MD 7-1 635 NR Patriot League 18. Northeastern 4-1 627 NR Colonial Athletic Association 19. Oral Roberts 6-1 590 20 Summit League 20. Cal Poly 5-1 502 NR Big West Conference 21. Air Force 4-1 485 7 Mountain West Conference 22. Illinois State 6-2 269 8 Missouri Valley Conference 23. Portland 7-2 146 11 West Coast Conference 24. Green Bay 7-2 116 NR Horizon League 25. UNLV 5-2 52 14 Mountain West Conference Others Receiving Votes: Belmont 6-2 42 Ohio Valley Conference SMU 6-2 32 American Athletic Conference Davidson 6-2 28 Atlantic 10 Conference Rider 8-2 23 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Sacred Heart 6-2 13 Northeast Conference Colgate 5-2 12 Patriot League Grambling State 6-2 7 Southwestern Athletic Conference Richmond 4-2 7 Atlantic 10 Conference Colorado State 5-2 6 Mountain West Conference UTEP 4-2 6 Conference USA Wagner 6-2 3 Northeast Conference Western Illinois 5-2 3 Southland Conference Hawaii 4-2 1 Big West Conference

No surprise to see Rice lose their mid-major votes, but hello Hawaii! They get 1 point in the polls after their big win over Penn State.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:46 PM   #431
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Dec. 13-19, 2021

No feature games this week, that's pretty rare. Let's get to the weekly recap:

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 5-7, 0-0 America East.

12/13/21 at Northeastern (W 67-55).
12/15/21 at Dartmouth (W 65-56).
12/17/21 vs. Temple (L 71-56).
12/19/21 at Utah (W 51-36).

Heavy week for the Hawks, but a good week as they go 3-1. Surprisingly, their only loss was a home game to a tough Temple team. Coach Ginsberg has to be happy to getting that much closer to .500 overall.

UConn (Randolph Childress) -- 4-4, 0-0 American.

12/17/21 vs. Seton Hall (W 72-40).

Just 1 game this week for the Huskies, but they took care of business with a convincing win over Seton Hall. A feel good win, because their remaining 4 non-conference games will not be easy.

ECU (Al Hutt) -- 6-6, 0-0 American.

12/13/21 vs. North Carolina Central (L 81-73).
12/16/21 vs. Virginia Tech (W 74-52).
12/18/21 at Georgetown (W 76-54).

Very confusing week for the Pirates, who go 2-1 to get back to .500. They hammered the teams that I expected to give them problems, but lost the game I really expected them to win.

Tulsa (Will Brown) -- 4-7, 0-0 American.

12/17/21 at New Mexico (L 62-51).
12/19/21 at Oral Roberts (W 83-78).

A split for the Golden Hurricane, who break a 4 game losing streak with the win at Oral Roberts. Hopefully that win gets them some momentum as they are into conference play.

#21 Duke (Dean Hoo) -- 9-1, 0-0 ACC.

12/18/21 vs. Furman (W 76-68).

1 game this week for the Blue Devils, as Furman played them a lot closer than expected. Still a few more games before ACC play starts for them.

TCU (Bee Mighty) -- 4-4, 0-0 Big 12.

12/14/21 vs. Stephen F. Austin (W 83-74).
12/16/21 vs. Northwestern State (W 72-65).

Both were closer than expected, but the Horned Frogs win 2 games this week to get back to .500.

Michigan State (Al Mighty) -- 5-2, 0-0 Big Ten.

12/18/21 vs. Green Bay (L 80-76).

Very tough loss for the Spartans, who really needed this one, as it could turn into a signature win before the season is over. Green Bay is now 9-2 on the season.

Northwestern (Ess Vee) -- 7-4, 0-0 Big Ten.

12/13/21 at Tennessee (W 79-55).
12/16/21 at Penn (W 80-77).
12/19/21 vs. IPFW (L 70-64).

Just when it seems the Wildcats are figuring it out, they go and lose to a 2 win IPFW team, breaking a 4 game losing streak. They have 1 more non-conference game that should, I say, should be a breeze before they get into the Big Ten grind.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 5-3, 0-0 Big West.

12/16/21 at UNLV (W 54-49).
12/18/21 vs. Nicholls State (L 78-63).

Inconsistency again for the Warriors, who win a game they probably shouldn't have won, and lose a game they had no business losing. That bad loss to Nicholls State broke a 4 game winning steak.

Rice (Charlie Shocker) -- 5-2, 0-0 Conference USA.

12/15/21 vs. UT Arlington (W 83-68).

1 game on the schedule this week for the Owls, but it's another win as they have won 4 out of their last 5.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 7-2, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/15/21 at #13 Virginia (W 65-56).

1 game this week for the Buffaloes, and it was by far their biggest win of the season so far, going to a top 15 Virginia team and stunning them. They have another chance to make a statement next week on the road against teams with a combined record of 16-3.

Stanford (Benito Sanchez) -- 5-3, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/15/21- Las Vegas Classic First Round vs. (15) Loyola MD (L 68-42).

I tend to think this Loyola MD team was way underseeded in this tournament, as they completely destroyed the Cardinal. Coach Sanchez needs to figure it out after 2 tough losses.

UCLA (Tim Shepard) -- 7-2, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/18/21 vs. Georgia Tech (W 84-70).

1 game this week for the Bruins, but they get their 3rd win in a row. A few more winnable games on the schedule before Pac 12 play starts.

Washington State (DeShawn St. John) -- 5-4, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/14/21 vs. Colorado State (W 69-65).
12/16/21 vs. Idaho State (W 79-56).

2 more wins for the Cougars as they go back up over .500 on the season. That Colorado State win could turn out to be a big win come NCAA Tourney time.

Alabama (Roy Rogers) -- 2-6, 0-0 SEC.

12/16/21 vs. Kansas (L 70-51).

1 game for the Crimson Tide this week, and they are a mess right now. We talked about this last week, taking on a great non-conference schedule is nice, but if you're gonna do it, you gotta be good enough to win some of them. They aren't right now, and next week they have their season tournament.

Kentucky (Patrick Hutt) -- 6-2, 0-0 SEC.

No games this week for Coach Hutt and the Wildcats.

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 6-3, 2-0 Sun Belt.

12/16/21 vs. UL Lafayette (W 73-68).
12/18/21 at Georgia Southern (W 93-68).

Great start to conference play for the Trojans, who needed a confidence boost. They've won 4 of their last 5. The Sun Belt is wide open, with no clear favorite, so if Coach Hawkins can keep his team consistent, they have a real chance to reach the postseason for the first time in the history of this dynasty.

Now a look at the national top 25 going into the week of Dec. 20-26:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wisconsin (72) 11-0 1800 1 Big Ten Conference 2. Wichita State 11-0 1728 2 Missouri Valley Conference 3. Arkansas 9-0 1646 3 Southeastern Conference 4. North Carolina 7-0 1554 4 Atlantic Coast Conference 5. Baylor 11-0 1523 6 Big 12 Conference 6. Iowa State 9-1 1446 5 Big 12 Conference 7. Syracuse 9-1 1365 7 Atlantic Coast Conference 8. Louisville 7-1 1254 9 Atlantic Coast Conference 9. San Diego State 10-1 1202 16 Mountain West Conference 10. St. John's 8-1 1123 11 Big East Conference 11. Oklahoma 10-1 1103 23 Big 12 Conference 12. Manhattan 9-0 1024 12 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 13. Xavier 8-1 848 17 Big East Conference 14. Texas 8-1 835 18 Big 12 Conference 15. Notre Dame 9-1 817 20 Atlantic Coast Conference 16. Duke 9-1 806 21 Atlantic Coast Conference 17. Memphis 10-1 647 24 American Athletic Conference 18. Oakland 10-1 572 NR Horizon League 19. Kansas State 9-1 464 25 Big 12 Conference 20. Oklahoma State 7-1 417 NR Big 12 Conference 21. Massachusetts 9-1 383 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 22. Old Dominion 7-1 248 NR Conference USA 23. Villanova 8-2 222 15 Big East Conference 24. Florida Gulf Coast 7-1 159 14 Atlantic Sun Conference 25. Vanderbilt 8-2 66 NR Southeastern Conference Others Receiving Votes: Nebraska 7-2 65 Big Ten Conference Florida State 7-2 48 Atlantic Coast Conference Fresno State 10-2 19 Mountain West Conference Arizona 8-2 10 Pacific-12 Conference Missouri 8-2 4 Southeastern Conference Washington 6-2 2 Pacific-12 Conference

Duke moves up 5 spots after their win this week, but I can't believe teams like UCLA, Colorado, Kentucky aren't receiving any points. I seriously doubt that would be the case in reality.

Now a look at the mid-major top 25 heading into the week of Dec. 20-26:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wichita State (72) 11-0 1800 1 Missouri Valley Conference 2. San Diego State 10-1 1721 4 Mountain West Conference 3. Manhattan 9-0 1651 3 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 4. Memphis 10-1 1571 6 American Athletic Conference 5. Oakland 10-1 1516 7 Horizon League 6. Massachusetts 9-1 1432 12 Atlantic 10 Conference 7. Florida Gulf Coast 7-1 1379 2 Atlantic Sun Conference 8. Old Dominion 7-1 1302 9 Conference USA 9. Fresno State 10-2 1189 5 Mountain West Conference 10. Green Bay 9-2 1107 24 Horizon League 11. Portland 8-2 1028 23 West Coast Conference 12. William & Mary 7-2 997 8 Colonial Athletic Association 13. South Florida 7-2 862 10 American Athletic Conference 14. Sacred Heart 8-2 829 NR Northeast Conference 15. Davidson 7-2 795 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 16. VMI 8-2 672 11 Southern Conference 17. Valparaiso 7-2 581 15 Horizon League 18. Alabama A&M 7-2 492 16 Southwestern Athletic Conference 19. Air Force 6-2 466 21 Mountain West Conference 20. Loyola MD 8-2 443 17 Patriot League 21. Richmond 6-2 431 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 22. Eastern Michigan 6-2 376 NR Mid-American Conference 23. Cal Poly 6-2 287 20 Big West Conference 24. FIU 5-2 205 NR Conference USA 25. Oral Roberts 7-2 132 19 Summit League Others Receiving Votes: New Hampshire 7-2 88 America East Conference Rice 5-2 41 Conference USA Illinois State 6-3 7 Missouri Valley Conference

Rice is back receiving votes after their win this week. A little surprised Troy didn't get some votes. That's their motivation to keep on winning.

Last edited by collegesportsfanms : 03-19-2017 at 11:47 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:27 PM   #432
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I can sort of understand CU not cracking the top 25 yet, but *no* votes?
Old 03-21-2017, 07:44 PM   #433
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
I can sort of understand CU not cracking the top 25 yet, but *no* votes?
Yeah, why no love for the Buffs? That's a puzzling one.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:00 AM   #434
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Dec. 20-26, 2021

2 feature games this week, and we'll start with the American taking on the SEC:

12/20/21- UConn (Randolph Childress) @ Kentucky (Patrick Hutt) -- My oh my how the mighty have fallen! Kentucky held UConn to just 34.7% shooting and forced 17 Huskie turnovers while committing just 8 turnovers themselves. All that equated to a very, very easy win for the Wildcats.

Final Score: Kentucky- 88, UConn- 55

Now we head to a Big 12/Conference USA matchup:

12/22/21- Rice (Charlie Shocker) @ TCU (Bee Mighty) -- this one was close at halftime, but the Owls took control in the second half, and they did it at the foul line. TCU was whistled for 11 more fouls than Rice and shot 16 more free throws. Of course, when a team pulls down 46 rebounds, the other team tends to have to foul a lot more. In any case, Rice gets a big road win.

Final Score: Rice- 78, TCU- 69

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 7-7, 1-0 America East.

12/23/21 at Eastern Washington (W 46-35).
12/26/21 at Vermont (W 60-57).

2 more wins for the Hawks this week, who are now back at .500. They also get a nice win in their conference opener.

UConn (Randolph Childress) -- 5-5, 0-0 American.

12/20/21 at Kentucky- feature game, highlighted above.
12/25/21 at #23 Villanova (W 62-60).

A split for the Huskies, who got dominated by Kentucky, but came back with a nice win over ranked Villanova. The jury is still out on them this season.

ECU (Al Hutt) -- 8-6, 1-0 American.

12/22/21 vs. Cincinnati (W 79-67).
12/24/21 vs. Stetson (W 74-61).

2 more wins for the Pirates, including a nice conference opening win against Cincinnati.

Tulsa (Will Brown) -- 4-8, 0-1 American.

12/22/21 at #17 Memphis (L 89-71).

Just 1 game this week for the Golden Hurricane, their conference opener against the preseason conference favorites, and both teams played like we expected. Coach Brown has a lot of work to do to make this team competitive.

#16 Duke (Dean Hoo) -- 9-2, 0-0 ACC.

12/20/21 at Creighton (L 68-57).

Just 1 game for the Blue Devils this week, and unfortunately that loss ended an 8 game losing streak. Creighton is a good team, but Coach Hoo knows they missed a golden opportunity.

TCU (Bee Mighty) -- 4-5, 0-0 Big 12.

12/22/21 vs. Rice- feature game, highlighted above.

Tough game for the Horned Frogs this week, as fouling and giving up too many free throws was the problem. This loss broke a 3 game winning streak.

Michigan State (Al Mighty) -- 7-2, 0-0 Big Ten.

12/21/21 at Washington (W 73-70).
12/23/21 vs. George Mason (W 75-65).

The Spartans seem to have recovered nicely since that loss to a good Green Bay team. 2 wins this week, and next week brings a chance for 2 more non-conference wins before Big Ten play starts.

Northwestern (Ess Vee) -- 8-4, 0-0 Big Ten.

12/26/21 vs. North Dakota (W 71-61).

1 game for the Wildcats this week, but it was a much needed win after that loss last week. They get next week off before starting Big Ten play.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 7-3, 0-0 Big West.

12/20/21 at North Dakota State (W 62-57).
12/25/21 at Prairie View A&M (W 62-61).

2 tough wins for the Warriors this week, both on the road. They were consistent, scoring 62 points in both games.

Rice (Charlie Shocker) -- 7-2, 0-0 Conference USA.

12/22/21 at TCU- feature game, highlighted above.
12/25/21 vs. Kennesaw State (W 64-55).

2 more wins for the Owls, including a nice road win at TCU, and they are clicking on all cylinders. A couple tough non-conference tests next week though.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 7-3, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/25/21 at #19 Kansas State (L 65-44).

Tough one for the Buffaloes this week. Normally I'd be happy at a K-State win, but for the purposes of this dynasty, we needed Coach Nielsen to get it done. Hopefully they can rebound and win a couple next week to get back on track.

Stanford (Benito Sanchez) -- 5-3, 0-0 Pac 12.

No games this week for Coach Sanchez and the Cardinal.

UCLA (Tim Shepard) -- 7-4, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/23/21 at Cal State Fullerton (L 69-64).
12/26/21 at UNLV (L 92-69).

Not a good week for the Bruins, who lose 2 road games. The UNLV loss could be forgivable if it wasn't by 23 points, but the Cal St. Fullerton loss? Not so much. Hopefully this is just a temporary setback.

Washington State (DeShawn St. John) -- 7-4, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/23/21 vs. Montana (W 82-56).
12/25/21 at Southern (W 66-63).

2 more wins for the Cougars, who have now won 4 in a row. It wasn't easy though, as they barely squeaked out that win over Southern.

Alabama (Roy Rogers) -- 5-6, 0-0 SEC.

12/20/21- Diamond Head Classic vs. (5) #20 Oklahoma State (W 75-66).
12/21/21- Diamond Head Classic Semifinal vs. (8) Eastern Kentucky (W 80-72).
12/23/21- Diamond Head Classic Championship vs. (2) Providence (W 64-45).

Something definitely clicked with the Crimson Tide in this tournament, as they looked like a completely different team. Granted, they avoided top seed North Carolina in the semifinals, but still, a big congrats go to Coach Rogers, as he leads Alabama to their first tournament title since this dynasty started.

Kentucky (Patrick Hutt) -- 9-2, 0-0 SEC.

12/20/21 vs. UConn- feature game, highlighted above.
12/22/21 at Texas A&M Corpus Christi (W 74-73).
12/24/21 vs. California (W 89-63).

Good week for the Wildcats, but I'm still trying to figure out how they destroyed UConn and Cal but needed a late second shot to beat Corpus Christ. Oh well, 3 more wins, and Big Blue Nation is rolling again.

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 6-5, 2-2 Sun Belt.

12/23/21 at UL Lafayette (L 88-74).
12/25/21 vs. Northern Kentucky (L 78-70).

Well it looks like it's going to be another inconsistent conference season for the Trojans. 2 losses this week, 1 at home and 1 on the road. They have got to put together a nice streak, somehow, some way.

Now a look at the national top 25 going into the week of Dec. 27-Jan. 2:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wisconsin (71) 11-1 1799 1 Big Ten Conference 2. Wichita State 12-1 1709 2 Missouri Valley Conference 3. Baylor (1) 12-0 1638 5 Big 12 Conference 4. Iowa State 11-1 1609 6 Big 12 Conference 5. Syracuse 10-1 1482 7 Atlantic Coast Conference 6. Oklahoma 11-1 1421 11 Big 12 Conference 7. Arkansas 9-1 1394 3 Southeastern Conference 8. San Diego State 11-1 1270 9 Mountain West Conference 9. St. John's 9-1 1233 10 Big East Conference 10. Texas 10-1 1167 14 Big 12 Conference 11. Notre Dame 10-1 1059 15 Atlantic Coast Conference 12. Memphis 11-1 999 17 American Athletic Conference 13. North Carolina 8-2 883 4 Atlantic Coast Conference 14. Massachusetts 11-1 877 21 Atlantic 10 Conference 15. Kansas State 10-1 863 19 Big 12 Conference 16. Virginia 9-2 666 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 17. Vanderbilt 9-2 612 25 Southeastern Conference 18. Duke 9-2 493 16 Atlantic Coast Conference 19. Xavier 9-2 489 13 Big East Conference 20. Kentucky 9-2 452 NR Southeastern Conference 21. Missouri 10-2 434 NR Southeastern Conference 22. Oakland 11-2 249 18 Horizon League 23. William & Mary 9-2 195 NR Colonial Athletic Association 24. Portland 10-2 151 NR West Coast Conference 25. Penn State 9-2 75 NR Big Ten Conference Others Receiving Votes: Wake Forest 7-2 63 Atlantic Coast Conference Louisville 7-3 44 Atlantic Coast Conference Florida Gulf Coast 9-2 28 Atlantic Sun Conference Michigan State 7-2 19 Big Ten Conference Sacred Heart 9-2 19 Northeast Conference Old Dominion 8-2 5 Conference USA Alabama A&M 9-2 3 Southwestern Athletic Conference

Duke moves down 2 spots after their loss to Creighton, while Kentucky is back in the top 25 after a 3-0 week. And hello Michigan State, who is receiving votes again!

Now for the mid-major top 25 for the week of Dec. 27-Jan. 2:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wichita State (72) 12-1 1800 1 Missouri Valley Conference 2. San Diego State 11-1 1724 2 Mountain West Conference 3. Memphis 11-1 1652 4 American Athletic Conference 4. Massachusetts 11-1 1592 6 Atlantic 10 Conference 5. Oakland 11-2 1469 5 Horizon League 6. Portland 10-2 1414 11 West Coast Conference 7. William & Mary 9-2 1382 12 Colonial Athletic Association 8. Florida Gulf Coast 9-2 1309 7 Atlantic Sun Conference 9. Sacred Heart 9-2 1209 14 Northeast Conference 10. Old Dominion 8-2 1178 8 Conference USA 11. Alabama A&M 9-2 1089 18 Southwestern Athletic Conference 12. Rice 7-2 960 NR Conference USA 13. Green Bay 10-3 901 10 Horizon League 14. UNLV 8-3 820 NR Mountain West Conference 15. Fresno State 10-3 758 9 Mountain West Conference 16. SMU 9-3 647 NR American Athletic Conference 17. UTEP 8-3 638 NR Conference USA 18. The Citadel 9-3 441 NR Southern Conference 19. Eastern Michigan 8-3 432 22 Mid-American Conference 20. VMI 9-3 345 16 Southern Conference 21. Davidson 8-3 323 15 Atlantic 10 Conference 22. Manhattan 9-3 276 3 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 23. Detroit 7-3 192 NR Horizon League 24. Valparaiso 8-3 108 17 Horizon League 25. North Texas 8-3 105 NR Conference USA Others Receiving Votes: Northeastern 7-3 100 Colonial Athletic Association South Florida 7-3 81 American Athletic Conference Hawaii 7-3 75 Big West Conference Colorado State 7-3 52 Mountain West Conference Wagner 9-3 51 Northeast Conference FIU 6-3 45 Conference USA Richmond 7-3 42 Atlantic 10 Conference Saint Louis 8-3 42 Atlantic 10 Conference Loyola MD 9-3 37 Patriot League Florida Atlantic 7-3 36 Conference USA Dayton 8-3 31 Atlantic 10 Conference Temple 6-3 20 American Athletic Conference UAB 6-3 9 Conference USA Fordham 7-3 6 Atlantic 10 Conference Oral Roberts 7-3 6 Summit League New Hampshire 8-3 2 America East Conference Sam Houston State 7-3 1 Southland Conference

Well hello Rice and Hawaii! Rice is in the mid-major top 25 and Hawaii is receiving a fair amount of votes. Let's just hope this doesn't turn into the jinx that it normally does. Both teams need to keep winning!
Old 03-24-2017, 08:03 AM   #435
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Dec. 27, 2021-Jan. 2, 2022

1 feature game for you this week and it takes place in the American:

1/1/22- ECU (Al Hutt) @ Tulsa (Will Brown) -- The Pirates were dominating defensively, holding Tulsa to just 32.8% shooting and forcing 19 turnovers. ECU also got to the line 31 times as they got a New Years Day win on the road.

Final Score: ECU- 64, Tulsa- 48

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 8-8, 2-1 America East.

12/29/21 vs. UMBC (L 66-62).
1/2/22 at Albany (W 73-61).

A split this week for the Hawks, as they take care of business at winless Albany. That loss to UMBC could hurt in the long run though.

UConn (Randolph Childress) -- 6-6, 1-0 American.

12/29/21 vs. Cincinnati (W 79-73).
1/1/22 vs. Texas A&M (L 89-67).

The Huskies got conference play started off right, but got hammered in another non-conference game, as they still look to find consistency.

ECU (Al Hutt) -- 9-7, 2-1 American.

12/29/21 vs. #12 Memphis (L 69-46).
1/1/22 at Tulsa- feature game, highlighted above.

As is the theme so far, another split for one of our FOFC teams. No shame in losing to Memphis though, they are good, damn good.

Tulsa (Will Brown) -- 4-9, 0-2 American.

1/1/22 vs. ECU- feature game, highlighted above.

Just 1 game for the Golden Hurricane this week, but they continue to struggle in a double digit loss to ECU.

#18 Duke (Dean Hoo) -- 11-2, 1-0 ACC.

12/29/21 vs. Boston College (W 70-54).
1/1/22 vs. South Carolina (W 76-64).

2 more wins for the Blue Devils, as coach Hoo got career win #100 with that ACC opening win against BC, then followed it up with a non-conference win over South Carolina.

TCU (Bee Mighty) -- 5-6, 1-1 Big 12.

12/27/21 vs. Texas Tech (L 89-87).
1/1/22 vs. West Virginia (W 59-57).

A split for the Horned Frogs this week, in 2 completely different games. The margin of victory and defeat was the same both games, 2, but 1 was a shootout, the other was more defense.

Michigan State (Al Mighty) -- 8-3, 0-0 Big Ten.

12/27/21 at Tennessee State (W 76-66).
12/29/21 at Southern Utah (L 88-79).

The Spartans get a road split this week heading into Big Ten play, but a momentum buster in losing to Southern Utah. Those are the kind of non-conference games they have to win.

Northwestern (Ess Vee) -- 8-4, 0-0 Big Ten.

No games this week for Coach Vee and the Wildcats, who get a much needed week off to get read for conference play.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 8-4, 0-0 Big West.

12/27/21 vs. St. Louis (W 65-60).
12/31/21 at Kent State (L 74-55).

Inconsistency this week for the Warriors, as they win over a pretty good St. Louis team, then lose on the road badly to Kent State. They'll start Big West play next week.

Rice (Charlie Shocker) -- 8-3, 0-0 Conference USA.

12/27/21 at Indiana (L 80-56).
1/1/22 at Tennessee (W 72-61).

A road split for the Owls, who have now beaten their second P5 team this season with the win at Tennessee. Too bad they couldn't give a better effort at Indiana though, but still a good start going into C-USA play.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 8-4, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/27/21 at Illinois (L 67-53).
12/31/21 vs. Weber State (W 63-61).

The Buffaloes are starting to fall apart a little bit since that huge win at Virginia. They got hammered by K-State last week, and this week they got hammered at Illinois, then needed a buzzer beater to beat a 3 win Weber State team. Looks like Coach Nielsen needs to get his teams' focus back.

Stanford (Benito Sanchez) -- 7-3, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/28/21 at Utah Valley (W 84-58).
12/31/21 vs. North Florida (W 61-40).

2 more easy non-conference wins for the Cardinal, feel good wins as they head into conference play.

UCLA (Tim Shepard) -- 8-4, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/28/21 vs. Brown (W 86-63).

1 game this week for the Bruins, a feel good win going into Pac 12 play.

Washington State (DeShawn St. John) -- 8-4, 0-0 Pac 12.

1/1/22 vs. Montana State (W 101-92).

A new years day shootout in the only game of the week for the Cougars, but they get the win and have won 5 in a row going into Pac 12 play, but let's be honest: the competition gets A LOT tougher.

Alabama (Roy Rogers) -- 6-6, 0-0 SEC.

12/29/21 vs. Georgia Tech (W 81-73).

1 game this week for the Crimson Tide as they looked to keep momentum following their Diamond Head Classic championship, and they did, beating a decent Georgia Tech team. They have a lot of momentum going into conference play.

#20 Kentucky (Patrick Hutt) -- 11-2, 0-0 SEC.

12/27/21 at Minnesota (W 80-65).
12/29/21 vs. Columbia (W 55-47).

2 more wins for the Wildcats, but once again they seem to be playing down to their competition, as they win by double digits at Minnesota, but only beat Columbia by 8 points at home. Hopefully they'll be ready to play now that the SEC season is starting up.

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 7-6, 3-3 Sun Belt.

12/30/21 vs. Texas State (L 71-57).
1/1/22 vs. Appalachian State (W 85-58).

The Trojans split this week, getting a dominating performance against Appalachian State to break a 3 game losing streak. For whatever reason, they are still trying to find that consistency in Sun Belt play. Hopefully they do.

Here's a look at the national top 25 going into the week of Jan. 3-9:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wisconsin (72) 13-1 1800 1 Big Ten Conference 2. Wichita State 14-1 1709 2 Missouri Valley Conference 3. Baylor 14-0 1645 3 Big 12 Conference 4. Oklahoma 13-1 1602 6 Big 12 Conference 5. Syracuse 11-1 1503 5 Atlantic Coast Conference 6. San Diego State 13-1 1435 8 Mountain West Conference 7. Iowa State 11-2 1328 4 Big 12 Conference 8. Texas 11-1 1301 10 Big 12 Conference 9. Memphis 13-1 1224 12 American Athletic Conference 10. Arkansas 10-2 1139 7 Southeastern Conference 11. Massachusetts 12-1 1022 14 Atlantic 10 Conference 12. Virginia 11-2 1021 16 Atlantic Coast Conference 13. Kentucky 11-2 955 20 Southeastern Conference 14. St. John's 10-2 895 9 Big East Conference 15. Vanderbilt 11-2 778 17 Southeastern Conference 16. Duke 11-2 706 18 Atlantic Coast Conference 17. Notre Dame 11-2 670 11 Atlantic Coast Conference 18. Oakland 13-2 552 22 Horizon League 19. Missouri 10-2 483 21 Southeastern Conference 20. North Carolina 9-3 476 13 Atlantic Coast Conference 21. Sacred Heart 11-2 303 NR Northeast Conference 22. Louisville 8-3 238 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 23. Nebraska 9-3 200 NR Big Ten Conference 24. Old Dominion 9-2 153 NR Conference USA 25. Alabama A&M 10-2 113 NR Southwestern Athletic Conference Others Receiving Votes: Florida State 9-3 52 Atlantic Coast Conference Xavier 10-3 34 Big East Conference Oklahoma State 10-3 22 Big 12 Conference Arizona 9-3 18 Pacific-12 Conference Portland 11-3 16 West Coast Conference Penn State 9-3 4 Big Ten Conference Kansas State 10-3 2 Big 12 Conference SMU 11-3 1 American Athletic Conference

So Duke and Kentucky both have nice jumps in the polls, while Michigan State loses their votes after their loss to Southern Utah this week.

Now for the mid-major top 25 going into the week of Jan. 3-9:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wichita State (71) 14-1 1799 1 Missouri Valley Conference 2. San Diego State (1) 13-1 1726 2 Mountain West Conference 3. Memphis 13-1 1658 3 American Athletic Conference 4. Massachusetts 12-1 1584 4 Atlantic 10 Conference 5. Oakland 13-2 1503 5 Horizon League 6. Sacred Heart 11-2 1408 9 Northeast Conference 7. Old Dominion 9-2 1381 10 Conference USA 8. Alabama A&M 10-2 1287 11 Southwestern Athletic Conference 9. Portland 11-3 1166 6 West Coast Conference 10. SMU 11-3 1137 16 American Athletic Conference 11. William & Mary 10-3 1070 7 Colonial Athletic Association 12. Florida Gulf Coast 10-3 977 8 Atlantic Sun Conference 13. UTEP 9-3 938 17 Conference USA 14. The Citadel 11-3 794 18 Southern Conference 15. VMI 11-3 709 20 Southern Conference 16. Davidson 9-3 692 21 Atlantic 10 Conference 17. Detroit 9-3 674 23 Horizon League 18. FIU 8-3 514 NR Conference USA 19. Loyola MD 11-3 482 NR Patriot League 20. Richmond 9-3 474 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 21. Manhattan 10-3 378 22 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 22. Dayton 9-3 300 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 23. Buffalo 8-4 172 NR Mid-American Conference 24. Rice 8-3 118 12 Conference USA 25. Green Bay 11-4 95 13 Horizon League Others Receiving Votes: UAB 7-3 90 Conference USA Fresno State 11-4 72 Mountain West Conference UNLV 9-4 67 Mountain West Conference Oral Roberts 9-3 35 Summit League Fordham 8-3 30 Atlantic 10 Conference New Hampshire 10-3 30 America East Conference Indiana State 11-4 26 Missouri Valley Conference Belmont 10-4 13 Ohio Valley Conference Louisiana Lafayette 9-4 1 Sun Belt Conference

Rice has a major drop in the mid-major top 25 after a split this week, and Hawaii loses their votes.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:25 PM   #436
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Jan. 3-9, 2022

We have 2 feature games this week, and we start in the American.

1/5/22- Tulsa (Will Brown) @ UConn (Randolph Childress) -- This conference game between 2 struggling teams wasn't much of a game. It was a foul fest, but the problem is Tulsa committed shooting fouls, while UConn didn't, so there was a bit of a free throw difference. It also didn't help that the Huskies made 8 three pointers to roll to victory.

Final Score: UConn- 70, Tulsa- 55

Now we move to the Pac 12:

Washington State (DeShawn St. John) @ UCLA (Tim Shepard) -- Pac 12 play has been a different ball game for the Cougars, and this game was no different. Coach St. John's team kept it close, but couldn't get over the hump. Once again the game was won at the free throw line, as UCLA got there 14 more times than Washington State.

Final Score: UCLA- 78, Washington State- 67

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 9-9, 3-2 America East.

1/5/22 vs. Maine (L 59-48).
1/9/22 vs. UMass Lowell (W 72-42).

Another split for the Hawks as they continue to beat up on the bad teams in the conference, but struggle with the better teams.

UConn (Randolph Childress) -- 7-7, 2-1 American.

1/5/22 vs. Tulsa- feature game, highlighted above.
1/8/22 at Temple (L 81-72).

The Huskies split this week, winning at home and losing on the road.

ECU (Al Hutt) -- 10-8, 3-2 American.

1/5/22 at UCF (W 75-54).
1/8/22 at South Florida (L 55-54).

Almost a big week for the Pirates, as they split a pair of road games. They won't be happy about that South Florida loss, especially since they double up against the conference favorites next week.

Tulsa (Will Brown) -- 5-10, 1-3 American.

1/5/22 at UConn- feature game, highlighted above.
1/8/22 vs. UCF (W 53-41).

A much needed win for the Golden Hurricane as they get their first win in conference and are hoping to build some momentum from that.

#16 Duke (Dean Hoo) -- 12-3, 2-1 ACC.

1/5/22 at N.C. State (W 80-66).
1/8/22 vs. #22 Louisville (L 79-64).

As seems to be the theme for our FOFC teams, the Blue Devils split, breaking a 3 game winning streak. Plenty of time to build a new strak though, the schedule is favorable for the rest of the month, aside from a couple games.

TCU (Bee Mighty) -- 5-8, 1-3 Big 12.

1/3/22 at #8 Texas (L 79-69).
1/8/22 at #7 Iowa State (L 77-56).

Tough week for the Horned Frogs, but they know what they are up against in the Big 12. It won't get any easier, so they are going to have to fight that much harder to fare well in conference.

Michigan State (Al Mighty) -- 9-4, 1-1 Big Ten.

1/5/22 vs. Ohio State (L 75-68).
1/8/22 at Maryland (W 71-60).

A split for the Spartans, who won't be happy about a loss to their archrivals. They hold the cards though, as the conference, sans Wisconsin who is just amazing, seems to be pretty balanced.

Northwestern (Ess Vee) -- 9-5, 1-1 Big Ten.

1/5/22 at #1 Wisconsin (L 83-58).
1/8/22 vs. Illinois (W 64-63).

A split for the Wildcats. No surprise that they were hammered by Wisconsin, as that's been happening to a lot of teams. Good recovery though against Illinois.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 8-6, 0-2 Big West.

1/4/22 at UC Riverside (L 82-78).
1/8/22 at UC Irvine (L 65-48).

And the hits are already coming for the firecoachgunn.com website. A less than impressive start to conference play, although they did play Riverside tough.

Rice (Charlie Shocker) -- 9-4, 1-1 Conference USA.

1/6/22 vs. Middle Tennessee (W 69-60).
1/8/22 at UTEP (L 74-54).

A split for the Owls, as they have 3 more games on the road before they return back home.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 9-5, 1-1 Pac 12.

1/6/22 at Arizona State (W 85-66).
1/8/22 vs. Gonzaga (L 83-68).

Surprise surprise! Another FOFC split. This time it was a little different, as the Buffaloes won on the road but lost at home.

Stanford (Benito Sanchez) -- 8-4, 1-1 Pac 12.

1/6/22 vs. Gonzaga (L 67-66).
1/8/22 at California (W 83-73).

Another split, another team losing at home and winning on the road. This time it is the Cardinal who played a dismal first half against Gonzaga and couldn't catch up.

UCLA (Tim Shepard) -- 10-4, 2-0 Pac 12.

1/6/22 at California (W 85-83).
1/8/22 vs. Washington State- feature game, highlighted above.

Well it took a while, but finally an FOFC team wins all their games in a week. Go figure that it would be the Bruins, but it wasn't easy as they got a challenge from Cal.

Washington State (DeShawn St. John) -- 8-6, 0-2 Pac 12.

1/6/22 at Oregon State (L 72-64).
1/8/22 at UCLA- feature game, highlighted above.

Good efforts by the Cougars, but 2 losses to start conference play. As I mentioned above, Pac 12 play is a different animal for Coach St. John.

Alabama (Roy Rogers) -- 8-6, 2-0 SEC.

1/5/22 at Auburn (W 83-73).
1/8/22 vs. VCU (W 95-91).

Don't look now, but the Crimson Tide are playing great basketball. They've won 6 in a row going into a big week next week.

Kentucky (Patrick Hutt) -- 11-4, 0-2 SEC.

1/5/22 vs. LSU (L 91-90, OT).
1/8/22 at #15 Vanderbilt (L 60-57).

On the flip side of things, the Wildcats go 0-fer this week. Although to be fair, it was tough competition, and their total margin of defeat for the week was 4 points. We'll see if they can get back to Big Blue basketball next week.

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 8-7, 3-3 Sun Belt.

1/3/22 vs. Chicago State (L 82-73).
1/5/22 vs. Loyola Chicago (W 71-66).

The Trojans go out of conference this week and split. But really, they can't be losing to teams like Chicago State if they want to start gaining respect.

Here's a look at the national top 25 going into the week of Jan. 10-16:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wisconsin (72) 15-1 1800 1 Big Ten Conference 2. Wichita State 16-1 1728 2 Missouri Valley Conference 3. Oklahoma 15-1 1656 4 Big 12 Conference 4. Baylor 15-1 1581 3 Big 12 Conference 5. Texas 13-1 1500 8 Big 12 Conference 6. Syracuse 12-2 1417 5 Atlantic Coast Conference 7. Memphis 14-1 1356 9 American Athletic Conference 8. San Diego State 14-2 1339 6 Mountain West Conference 9. Virginia 12-3 1133 12 Atlantic Coast Conference 10. Notre Dame 13-2 1068 17 Atlantic Coast Conference 11. North Carolina 11-3 1036 20 Atlantic Coast Conference 12. Iowa State 12-3 1013 7 Big 12 Conference 13. Arkansas 11-3 968 10 Southeastern Conference 14. Oakland 15-2 887 18 Horizon League 15. Louisville 10-3 830 22 Atlantic Coast Conference 16. Massachusetts 13-2 731 11 Atlantic 10 Conference 17. St. John's 11-3 620 14 Big East Conference 18. Vanderbilt 12-3 566 15 Southeastern Conference 19. Sacred Heart 13-2 504 21 Northeast Conference 20. Duke 12-3 439 16 Atlantic Coast Conference 21. Old Dominion 11-2 428 24 Conference USA 22. SMU 13-3 262 NR American Athletic Conference 23. Alabama A&M 12-2 224 25 Southwestern Athletic Conference 24. Kansas State 12-3 135 NR Big 12 Conference 25. Missouri 11-3 83 19 Southeastern Conference Others Receiving Votes: Villanova 11-4 36 Big East Conference Buffalo 10-4 24 Mid-American Conference Kentucky 11-4 15 Southeastern Conference Richmond 11-3 13 Atlantic 10 Conference Florida State 10-4 5 Atlantic Coast Conference Manhattan 11-3 2 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference FIU 10-3 1 Conference USA

No surprise as Duke falls 4 spots in the polls thanks to their loss, and Kentucky falls all the way out, even though their losses were only by 4 combined points.

Now for the mid-major poll going into the week of Jan. 10-16:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wichita State (72) 16-1 1800 1 Missouri Valley Conference 2. San Diego State 14-2 1709 2 Mountain West Conference 3. Memphis 14-1 1675 3 American Athletic Conference 4. Oakland 15-2 1572 5 Horizon League 5. Massachusetts 13-2 1508 4 Atlantic 10 Conference 6. Old Dominion 11-2 1431 7 Conference USA 7. Sacred Heart 13-2 1352 6 Northeast Conference 8. SMU 13-3 1289 10 American Athletic Conference 9. Alabama A&M 12-2 1246 8 Southwestern Athletic Conference 10. Buffalo 10-4 1103 23 Mid-American Conference 11. Richmond 11-3 1058 20 Atlantic 10 Conference 12. FIU 10-3 1057 18 Conference USA 13. Manhattan 11-3 901 21 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 14. Portland 12-4 831 9 West Coast Conference 15. Fordham 10-3 756 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 16. UTEP 10-4 678 13 Conference USA 17. William & Mary 11-4 597 11 Colonial Athletic Association 18. Florida Gulf Coast 12-4 577 12 Atlantic Sun Conference 19. Belmont 12-4 572 NR Ohio Valley Conference 20. The Citadel 12-4 363 14 Southern Conference 21. Davidson 10-4 318 16 Atlantic 10 Conference 22. VMI 12-4 259 15 Southern Conference 23. Northeastern 10-4 228 NR Colonial Athletic Association 24. Colorado State 10-4 132 NR Mountain West Conference 25. Loyola MD 12-4 119 19 Patriot League Others Receiving Votes: Dayton 10-4 65 Atlantic 10 Conference Cal State Northridge 9-4 51 Big West Conference Fresno State 12-5 39 Mountain West Conference Green Bay 12-5 33 Horizon League UAB 8-4 25 Conference USA UNLV 10-5 15 Mountain West Conference Rice 9-4 14 Conference USA BYU 12-5 10 West Coast Conference Southern Utah 9-4 9 Big Sky Conference Oral Roberts 10-4 8 Summit League

Rice still has a few votes in the Mid-Major top 25, but they can't take another .500 week. Doesn't look like any of our other mid-major teams will be sniffing this poll anytime soon.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:42 PM   #437
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Jan. 10-16, 2022

2 feature games to tell you about again this week, and we start in the Pac 12.

1/13/22- Colorado (Rob Nielsen) @Washington State (DeShawn St. John) -- The Buffaloes took care of business on the road, forcing 19 Washington State turnovers and rolling to an easy victory.

Final Score: Colorado- 72, Washington State- 51

1/15/22- Kentucky (Patrick Hutt) @ Alabama (Roy Rogers) -- Kentucky came into this one winless in SEC play, while Alabama came into it undefeated. It showed early, as the Crimson Tide raced to an 11 point halftime lead. The 2nd half was a different story though. Alabama couldn't make anything, and scored just 19 2nd half points as Kentucky came all the way back to get their first SEC victory of the season.

Final Score: Kentucky- 59, Alabama- 50

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 9-10, 3-3 America East.

1/16/22 vs. Binghamton (L 63-54).

The Hawks only had 1 game this week, but it was another loss, as they continue to struggle against the top tier teams in the conference.

UConn (Randolph Childress) -- 7-9, 2-3 American.

1/12/22 at South Florida (L 76-67).
1/15/22 vs. Houston (L 73-61).

Tough week for the Huskies as Coach Childress continues to struggle at his new job. You gotta think that leash is tightening in a hurry.

ECU (Al Hutt) -- 11-9, 4-3 American.

1/12/22 vs. #22 SMU (L 81-53)
1/15/22 at #22 SMU (W 92-84).

The craziest of splits here, as the Pirates split with one of the conference favorites. They got blasted by SMU at home, but went on the road and beat them 3 days later.

Tulsa (Will Brown) -- 7-10, 3-3 American.

1/12/22 at UCF (W 71-63).
1/15/22 vs. Tulane (W 84-56).

Good week for the Golden Hurricane, who have now won 3 in a row. They get their first shot at TCU next week.

#20 Duke (Dean Hoo) -- 14-3, 4-1 ACC.

1/12/22 at Miami (W 77-59).
1/15/22 vs. Pittsburgh (W 76-61).

The Blue Devils took care of business this week with 2 double digit wins.

TCU (Bee Mighty) -- 6-9, 1-4 Big 12.

1/10/22 at Illinois State (W 102-86).
1/15/22 vs. #4 Baylor (L 80-67).

A split for the Horned Frogs, who win a non-conference game, but are still struggling in Big 12 play.

Michigan State (Al Mighty) -- 11-4, 3-1 Big Ten.

1/12/22 vs. Iowa (W 80-72).
1/15/22 vs. Rutgers (W 67-64).

Well neither one came easy, but the Spartans get 2 wins this week and they have won 3 in a row, but now the schedule gets a little tougher in conference play.

Northwestern (Ess Vee) -- 10-6, 2-2 Big Ten.

1/12/22 vs. Purdue (L 81-74).
1/15/22 at Nebraska (W 74-54).

A split for the Wildcats this week, as Coach Vee has already led them to as many wins this season as they had all of last season. That's encouraging at least.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 9-7, 1-3 Big West.

1/11/22 vs. UC Santa Barbara (W 55-46).
1/15/22 vs. Cal State Fullerton (L 59-57).

Better effort for the Warriors this week, as they almost get a sweep. They lost a late lead against Fullerton though. They have a chance for some feel good wins coming up.

Rice (Charlie Shocker) -- 10-5, 2-2 Conference USA.

1/13/22 at North Texas (L 82-67).
1/15/22 at Western Kentucky (W 72-65).

A split for the Owls, who laid an egg at North Texas, but a nice recovery although it was against a pitiful Western Kentucky team.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 11-5, 3-1 Pac 12.

1/13/22 at Washington State- feature game, highlighted above.
1/15/22 vs. Utah (W 62-45).

2 easy victories for the Buffaloes this week as they try to make their case to get back into the postseason.

Stanford (Benito Sanchez) -- 9-5, 2-2 Pac 12.

1/13/22 at Oregon State (L 37-34).
1/15/22 vs. Arizona State (W 70-54).

A split for the Cardinal, and a complete bore of a game at Oregon State. Neither team had an offensive spark.

UCLA (Tim Shepard) -- 11-5, 3-1 Pac 12.

1/13/22 vs. Washington (W 78-75).
1/15/22 at Arizona (L 84-69).

A split for the Bruins, and once again it was those darn Wildcats of Arizona, who continue to be a thorn in everybodys side.

Washington State (DeShawn St. John) -- 8-8, 0-4 Pac 12.

1/13/22 vs. Colorado- feature game, highlighted above.
1/15/22 vs. California (L 69-56).

2 more losses for the Cougars, who are still looking for their first win in Pac 12 play. Again, it's been the Pac 12 that has not been kind.

Alabama (Roy Rogers) -- 9-7, 3-1 SEC.

1/12/22 at Georgia (W 63-55).
1/15/22 vs. Kentucky- feature game, highlighted above.

A split for the Crimson Tide, who have to be kicking themselves for going cold against Kentucky, or they could be undefeated in conference right now.

Kentucky (Patrick Hutt) -- 12-5, 1-3 SEC.

1/12/22 at South Carolina (L 59-54).
1/15/22 at Alabama- feature game, highlighted above.

The Wildcats finally got over the hump by beating Alabama, but they have 4 games in a row against teams that are currently 11-5, so they've still got work to do.

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 9-8, 4-4 Sun Belt.

1/13/22 at Northern Kentucky (W 66-64).
1/15/22 at UL Monroe (L 63-62).

A gutwrenching week for the Trojans, who fell just shy of a sweep this week. They are so close, and I think it's going to happen soon.

Here's a look at the national top 25 going into the week of Jan. 17-23:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wisconsin (72) 17-1 1800 1 Big Ten Conference 2. Wichita State 18-1 1728 2 Missouri Valley Conference 3. Texas 15-1 1614 5 Big 12 Conference 4. Oklahoma 16-2 1603 3 Big 12 Conference 5. Baylor 16-1 1513 4 Big 12 Conference 6. Syracuse 14-2 1461 6 Atlantic Coast Conference 7. Notre Dame 15-2 1327 10 Atlantic Coast Conference 8. Memphis 15-2 1204 7 American Athletic Conference 9. Arkansas 13-3 1201 13 Southeastern Conference 10. Virginia 13-4 1139 9 Atlantic Coast Conference 11. St. John's 13-3 1043 17 Big East Conference 12. Massachusetts 15-2 1014 16 Atlantic 10 Conference 13. Iowa State 13-4 951 12 Big 12 Conference 14. Duke 14-3 863 20 Atlantic Coast Conference 15. North Carolina 12-4 828 11 Atlantic Coast Conference 16. Old Dominion 13-2 721 21 Conference USA 17. Sacred Heart 15-2 622 19 Northeast Conference 18. San Diego State 14-4 600 8 Mountain West Conference 19. Kansas State 14-3 521 24 Big 12 Conference 20. Villanova 13-4 465 NR Big East Conference 21. Buffalo 12-4 325 NR Mid-American Conference 22. Vanderbilt 13-4 273 18 Southeastern Conference 23. Florida State 11-4 271 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 24. Manhattan 14-3 119 NR Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 25. SMU 14-4 63 22 American Athletic Conference Others Receiving Votes: Louisville 10-5 36 Atlantic Coast Conference Alabama A&M 13-3 27 Southwestern Athletic Conference Arizona 12-4 27 Pacific-12 Conference Oakland 15-4 19 Horizon League Michigan State 11-4 12 Big Ten Conference Penn State 12-4 6 Big Ten Conference Wake Forest 11-4 3 Atlantic Coast Conference Colorado State 11-4 1 Mountain West Conference

Duke moves up 6 spots after a 2-0 week, while Michigan State is receiving votes again. It's high time they go on a run and get back in the polls.

Now for the mid-major top 25 going into the week of Jan. 17-23:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wichita State (72) 18-1 1800 1 Missouri Valley Conference 2. Memphis 15-2 1723 3 American Athletic Conference 3. Massachusetts 15-2 1633 5 Atlantic 10 Conference 4. San Diego State 14-4 1563 2 Mountain West Conference 5. Old Dominion 13-2 1539 6 Conference USA 6. Sacred Heart 15-2 1441 7 Northeast Conference 7. Buffalo 12-4 1373 10 Mid-American Conference 8. SMU 14-4 1285 8 American Athletic Conference 9. Oakland 15-4 1205 4 Horizon League 10. Manhattan 14-3 1149 13 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 11. Alabama A&M 13-3 1058 9 Southwestern Athletic Conference 12. Richmond 12-4 1004 11 Atlantic 10 Conference 13. FIU 11-4 864 12 Conference USA 14. BYU 14-5 849 NR West Coast Conference 15. Northeastern 12-4 840 23 Colonial Athletic Association 16. Loyola MD 14-4 682 25 Patriot League 17. Colorado State 11-4 617 24 Mountain West Conference 18. UAB 10-4 604 NR Conference USA 19. Fordham 11-4 447 15 Atlantic 10 Conference 20. William & Mary 12-5 380 17 Colonial Athletic Association 21. UTEP 11-5 350 16 Conference USA 22. Southern Utah 11-4 243 NR Big Sky Conference 23. Florida Gulf Coast 13-5 189 18 Atlantic Sun Conference 24. Davidson 11-5 155 21 Atlantic 10 Conference 25. Boise State 11-6 131 NR Mountain West Conference Others Receiving Votes: Detroit 11-5 128 Horizon League Green Bay 13-6 40 Horizon League The Citadel 13-5 29 Southern Conference New Mexico 11-6 22 Mountain West Conference VMI 13-5 18 Southern Conference Indiana State 13-6 17 Missouri Valley Conference Cal State Northridge 10-5 14 Big West Conference Portland 12-6 7 West Coast Conference Dayton 11-5 1 Atlantic 10 Conference

As expected, Rice loses the rest of their mid-major votes.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:30 PM   #438
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

My goodness, some horrid conference starts from my two guys!
Old 03-29-2017, 08:13 PM   #439
thealmighty
Pro Starter

The thrill is gone.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:35 PM   #440
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Jan. 17-23, 2022

No feature games this week, so we'll go right into the weekly recap:

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 10-11, 4-4 America East.

1/21/22 at Stony Brook (W 86-75).
1/23/22 at UMBC (L 67-64).

A road split for the Hawks, who continue to play .500 ball in conference and can't get over the hump.

UConn (Randolph Childress) -- 9-9, 4-3 American.

1/19/22 vs. UCF (W 68-60).
1/22/22 at #25 SMU (W 91-86, OT).

2 tough wins this week for the Huskies, and hopefully that big road OT win over SMU will be the start of a fantastic run. Hopefully.

ECU (Al Hutt) -- 12-9, 5-3 American.

1/19/22 vs. Temple (W 82-59).

Just 1 game for the Pirates this week, but they win in convincing fashion.

Tulsa (Will Brown) -- 9-10, 5-3 American.

1/19/22 vs. #25 SMU (W 82-73).
1/22/22 at Temple (W 87-71).

Don't look now, but the Golden Hurricane are rolling. 5 in a row, including a convincing victory over an SMU team that had a very tough week.

#14 Duke (Dean Hoo) -- 16-3, 6-1 ACC.

1/19/22 at Pittsburgh (W 80-69).
1/22/22 vs. #6 Syracuse (W 52-49).

This is a different Blue Devil team from last season, as they have gotten a key victory over a top 10 conference foe, something they couldn't manage to do last season.

TCU (Bee Mighty) -- 8-9, 3-4 Big 12.

1/17/22 vs. Oklahoma State (W 86-56).
1/22/22 vs. #4 Oklahoma (W 95-75).

2 huge wins for the Horned Frogs, albeit at home, they still needed a momentum booster. If they can go on a run, that win over Oklahoma will prove to be huge.

Michigan State (Al Mighty) -- 12-5, 4-2 Big Ten.

1/19/22 at Purdue (W 75-61).
1/22/22 vs. Penn State (L 88-81).

The Spartans split this week, losing at home but winning on the road. That loss to Penn State stopped a 4 game winning streak, now it's time to start a new one.

Northwestern (Ess Vee)-- 11-7, 3-3 Big Ten.

1/19/22 at Illinois (L 69-54).
1/22/22 vs. Maryland (W 74-47).

1 piece of good news for the Wildcats is that they've already won more games this season than they did all of last season. That means nothing though if they start falling apart.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 11-7, 3-3 Big West.

1/20/22 at UC Davis (W 99-76).
1/22/22 at Cal Poly (W 73-56).

A couple dominating performances on the road for the Warriors this week, as they look to build some momentum.

Rice (Charlie Shocker) -- 11-6, 3-3 Conference USA.

1/20/22 at Florida Atlantic (L 77-64).
1/22/22 vs. Marshall (W 80-71).

A split for the Owls, losing on the road to a good Fla Atlantic team, but beating Marshall. .500 isn't good enough though, they need to take advantage of the schedule coming up.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 13-5, 5-1 Pac 12.

1/20/22 vs. Oregon State (W 70-45).
1/22/22 at Washington (W 64-55).

2 more wins for the Buffaloes, as Coach Nielsen has them playing good ball. 4 in a row and 6 of their last 7. A tough stretch coming up though.

Stanford (Benito Sanchez) -- 11-5, 4-2 Pac 12.

1/20/22 at Arizona (W 63-55).
1/22/22 vs. Utah (W 70-65).

A big win for the Cardinal at Arizona, as there is a huge logjam at the top of the Pac 12 right now. 2 big games coming up next week.

UCLA (Tim Shepard) -- 13-5, 5-1 Pac 12.

1/20/22 vs. Oregon (W 79-53).
1/22/22 at Gonzaga (W 87-81).

Nice recovery for the Bruins, who win both games this week, but they also have a tough stretch coming up. Welcome to the Pac 12 folks!

Washington State (DeShawn St. John) -- 8-10, 0-6 Pac 12.

1/20/22 at Washington (L 79-57).
1/22/22 at Arizona State (L 86-62).

Just a dismal showing on the road for the Cougars this week, as they have yet to be really competitive in conference play. Coach St. John still has a long way to go with this team.

Alabama (Roy Rogers) -- 10-8, 4-2 SEC.

1/19/22 at Ole Miss (W 69-67).
1/22/22 at Florida (L 77-73).

A pair of stomach turners this week for the Crimson Tide, and they split them. They've now lost 2 of their last 3 after a quick start in SEC play.

Kentucky (Patrick Hutt) -- 13-6, 2-4 SEC.

1/19/22 at Missouri (L 66-58).
1/22/22 vs. Georgia (W 79-60).

A split for the Wildcats, as Big Blue Nation continues to be unhappy. Let's hope Coach Hutt doesn't get any death threats like that poor official John Higgins got. Too soon?

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 11-8, 6-4 Sun Belt.

1/20/22 at South Alabama (W 82-50).
1/22/22 vs. Georgia Southern (W 76-55).

The Trojans have won 3 of their last 4 in Sun Belt play, and 4 of their last 5 overall. However, it was about this time last season (or the season before that, I can't remember) that the huge meltdown happened.

Let's take a look at the national top 25 heading into the week of Jan. 24-30:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wisconsin (72) 19-1 1800 1 Big Ten Conference 2. Wichita State 20-1 1728 2 Missouri Valley Conference 3. Oklahoma 17-3 1654 4 Big 12 Conference 4. Texas 16-2 1563 3 Big 12 Conference 5. Baylor 17-2 1501 5 Big 12 Conference 6. Arkansas 15-3 1416 9 Southeastern Conference 7. Syracuse 15-3 1414 6 Atlantic Coast Conference 8. Virginia 15-4 1231 10 Atlantic Coast Conference 9. St. John's 15-3 1196 11 Big East Conference 10. Duke 16-3 1189 14 Atlantic Coast Conference 11. Kansas State 16-3 1064 19 Big 12 Conference 12. San Diego State 16-4 934 18 Mountain West Conference 13. Old Dominion 15-2 854 16 Conference USA 14. Florida State 14-4 769 23 Atlantic Coast Conference 15. Memphis 16-3 766 8 American Athletic Conference 16. Sacred Heart 17-2 714 17 Northeast Conference 17. Villanova 15-4 693 20 Big East Conference 18. Iowa State 14-5 679 13 Big 12 Conference 19. North Carolina 13-5 539 15 Atlantic Coast Conference 20. Massachusetts 16-3 499 12 Atlantic 10 Conference 21. Notre Dame 15-4 446 7 Atlantic Coast Conference 22. Oakland 17-4 280 NR Horizon League 23. Buffalo 13-5 134 21 Mid-American Conference 24. Vanderbilt 14-5 133 22 Southeastern Conference 25. BYU 16-5 97 NR West Coast Conference Others Receiving Votes: Louisville 11-6 62 Atlantic Coast Conference Loyola MD 16-4 15 Patriot League Colorado 13-5 9 Pacific-12 Conference Manhattan 15-4 7 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Michigan State 12-5 5 Big Ten Conference Arizona 13-5 4 Pacific-12 Conference Alabama A&M 14-4 2 Southwestern Athletic Conference Missouri 13-5 2 Southeastern Conference Kentucky 13-6 1 Southeastern Conference

So Duke moves up 4 spots after their 2 wins this week, and Michigan State keeps a few votes. Kentucky gets a vote, somehow, and Colorado is in the mix. No UCLA though, very surprising.

Now a look at the mid-major top 25 going into the week of Jan. 24-30:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wichita State (72) 20-1 1800 1 Missouri Valley Conference 2. San Diego State 16-4 1696 4 Mountain West Conference 3. Memphis 16-3 1670 2 American Athletic Conference 4. Old Dominion 15-2 1585 5 Conference USA 5. Sacred Heart 17-2 1506 6 Northeast Conference 6. Massachusetts 16-3 1435 3 Atlantic 10 Conference 7. Oakland 17-4 1371 9 Horizon League 8. BYU 16-5 1283 14 West Coast Conference 9. Buffalo 13-5 1250 7 Mid-American Conference 10. Loyola MD 16-4 1085 16 Patriot League 11. William & Mary 14-5 1056 20 Colonial Athletic Association 12. Manhattan 15-4 944 10 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 13. New Mexico 13-6 846 NR Mountain West Conference 14. Richmond 13-5 827 12 Atlantic 10 Conference 15. Alabama A&M 14-4 758 11 Southwestern Athletic Conference 16. FIU 12-5 709 13 Conference USA 17. SMU 14-6 594 8 American Athletic Conference 18. Florida Gulf Coast 15-5 541 23 Atlantic Sun Conference 19. Northeastern 13-5 528 15 Colonial Athletic Association 20. Southern Utah 13-4 486 22 Big Sky Conference 21. Dayton 13-5 442 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 22. Colorado State 12-5 265 17 Mountain West Conference 23. The Citadel 14-5 244 NR Southern Conference 24. UAB 11-5 151 18 Conference USA 25. Boise State 12-7 78 25 Mountain West Conference Others Receiving Votes: Fordham 12-5 76 Atlantic 10 Conference UTEP 12-6 60 Conference USA Green Bay 14-7 37 Horizon League South Florida 11-6 32 American Athletic Conference Rider 16-6 17 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Fresno State 14-7 15 Mountain West Conference VMI 14-6 6 Southern Conference Indiana State 14-7 5 Missouri Valley Conference Long Beach State 12-6 1 Big West Conference UNC Wilmington 14-7 1 Colonial Athletic Association

Not much to talk about here, as none of our mid-major teams seem to be even close to receiving a vote.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #441
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Jan. 24-30, 2022

We have 3 feature games this week, 2 of them are in the Pac 12, and Stanford is involved in both of those.

1/27/22- Stanford (Benito Sanchez) @ Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- A tight one throughout, as neither team took care of the ball. The difference was at the free throw line. Stanford was 42.9% from the line, while Colorado was 64.5%, taking advantage of their opportunities there. All that led to another Buffalo win.

Final Score: Colorado- 67, Stanford- 62

1/29/22- Stanford (Benito Sanchez) @ UCLA (Tim Shepard) -- While the Cardinal still shot poorly from the free throw line, 5-13 to be exact, they made up for it by burying 11 three pointers in a night where neither team shot well. That was enough to pull out a key road victory.

Final Score: Stanford- 62, UCLA- 54

Now we move to the American for our final feature game of the week:

1/29/22- ECU (Al Hutt) @ UConn (Randolph Childress) -- What a game we had here, as we had several lead changes. Statistically it was about as even as it gets, but in the end, UConn held off ECU by the narrowest of margins.

Final Score: UConn- 79, ECU- 78

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 11-12, 5-5 America East.

1/26/22 at New Hampshire (L 60-48).
1/30/22 at Maine (W 78-69).

A road split for the Hawks as the win over Maine gives Coach Ginsberg career win #100.

UConn (Randolph Childress) -- 10-10, 5-3 American.

1/24/22 vs. #9 St. John's (L 74-35).
1/29/22 vs. ECU- feature game, highlighted above.

Wow! UConn decided to host a former conference foe in St. John's, and I bet they wish they hadn't. Nobody knew they would be this good. At least the Huskies were able to salvage 1 win this week.

ECU (Al Hutt) -- 12-10, 5-4 American.

1/29/22 at UConn- feature game, highlighted above.

Just 1 game for the Pirates this week, a tough loss on the road.

Tulsa (Will Brown) -- 10-10, 6-3 American.

1/29/22 vs. South Florida (W 91-89, OT).

Good win for the Golden Hurricane in their only game of the week. It was hard fought, but they are looking good in conference play so far.

#10 Duke (Dean Hoo) -- 17-4, 7-2 ACC.

1/26/22 at Boston College (W 64-45).
1/29/22 vs. #14 Florida State (L 68-54).

A split for the Blue Devils, and not a good tone, as they definitely don't want to start losing to top 25 conference teams again.

TCU (Bee Mighty) -- 10-9, 5-4 Big 12.

1/24/22 at #11 Kansas State (W 65-56).
1/29/22 at Kansas (W 84-76).

So the Horned Frogs handle the trip through Kansas with relative ease as they are now back over .500 in the conference and overall, but next week the host 2 top 10 teams, so we'll see if they can keep it rolling.

Michigan State (Al Mighty) -- 14-5, 6-2 Big Ten.

1/26/22 at Ohio State (W 86-82).
1/29/22 at Rutgers (W 60-55).

Good recovery for the Spartans who get 2 tough road wins this week, but I think they can still play better.

Northwestern (Ess Vee) -- 13-7, 5-3 Big Ten.

1/26/22 at Michigan (W 79-57).
1/29/22 vs. Nebraska (W 92-76).

2 more wins for the Wildcats, who are playing much better ball as of late. A big test next week against #1 in the nation.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 12-8, 3-4 Big West.

1/25/22 vs. Navy (W 69-58).
1/27/22 vs. Cal State Northridge (L 68-56).

A split for the Warriors, who get a non-conference win, but they really needed to get the conference win, especially with Coach Gunn's job on the line.

Rice (Charlie Shocker) -- 12-7, 4-4 Conference USA.

1/27/22 at Marshall (W 80-73).
1/29/22 vs. UAB (L 73-64).

A split for the Owls this week, as they beat the team they should have, but lost to the team they really needed to beat.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 15-5, 7-1 Pac 12.

1/27/22 vs. Stanford- feature game, highlighted above.
1/29/22 vs. Oregon (W 64-61).

2 more wins for the Buffaloes who have won 6 in a row, and guess what? For the first time in a long time, they sit alone atop the Pac 12.

Stanford (Benito Sanchez) -- 12-6, 5-3 Pac 12.

1/27/22 at Colorado- feature game, highlighted above.
1/29/22 at UCLA- feature game, highlighted above.

A road split for the Cardinal, who faced some definite stiff competition this week. Next week it's much easier. Or should be anyways.

UCLA (Tim Shepard) -- 14-6, 6-2 Pac 12.

1/27/22 at Washington (W 76-68).
1/29/22 vs. Stanford- feature game, highlighted above.

A split for the Bruins as we enter the halfway point of the conference season. They still have some work to do.

Washington State (DeShawn St. John) -- 8-12, 0-8 Pac 12.

1/27/22 vs. Utah (L 58-55).
1/29/22 at Arizona (L 65-56).

Tough times for the poor Cougars, who had a better effort this week, but just can't buy a win in Pac 12 play yet.

Alabama (Roy Rogers) -- 11-9, 5-3 SEC.

1/26/22 vs. Missouri (W 76-69).
1/29/22 vs. #24 Vanderbilt (L 89-79).

A split for the Crimson Tide, who get a nice win at Missouri, but really could have used the win against Vanderbilt. It's 3 straight weeks with a split now.

Kentucky (Patrick Hutt) -- 15-6, 4-4 SEC.

1/26/22 at Georgia (W 62-48).
1/29/22 vs. Ole Miss (W 74-61).

The Wildcats are back on the upswing it appears, winners of 3 in a row and 4 of their last 5.

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 12-9, 6-5 Sun Belt.

1/24/22 vs. South Florida (W 61-51).
1/29/22 vs. Arkansas State (L 85-71).

The Trojans also split this week, winning a non-conference game before losing in Sun Belt play, and those wins are key.

Here's a look at the national top 25 going into the week of Jan. 31-Feb. 6:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wisconsin (72) 21-1 1800 1 Big Ten Conference 2. Wichita State 22-1 1728 2 Missouri Valley Conference 3. Oklahoma 18-3 1655 3 Big 12 Conference 4. Baylor 19-2 1567 5 Big 12 Conference 5. Arkansas 17-3 1499 6 Southeastern Conference 6. Texas 17-3 1404 4 Big 12 Conference 7. Virginia 17-4 1395 8 Atlantic Coast Conference 8. Syracuse 16-4 1322 7 Atlantic Coast Conference 9. Iowa State 16-5 1181 18 Big 12 Conference 10. St. John's 17-4 1081 9 Big East Conference 11. North Carolina 15-5 1026 19 Atlantic Coast Conference 12. San Diego State 17-4 1007 12 Mountain West Conference 13. Duke 17-4 942 10 Atlantic Coast Conference 14. Florida State 15-5 905 14 Atlantic Coast Conference 15. Old Dominion 17-2 825 13 Conference USA 16. Kansas State 16-5 632 11 Big 12 Conference 17. Vanderbilt 16-5 615 24 Southeastern Conference 18. Sacred Heart 19-2 605 16 Northeast Conference 19. Memphis 17-4 463 15 American Athletic Conference 20. BYU 18-5 381 25 West Coast Conference 21. Notre Dame 16-5 306 21 Atlantic Coast Conference 22. Oakland 18-4 290 22 Horizon League 23. Louisville 13-7 286 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 24. Massachusetts 17-4 158 20 Atlantic 10 Conference 25. Villanova 15-6 97 17 Big East Conference Others Receiving Votes: Colorado 15-5 74 Pacific-12 Conference Arizona 15-5 65 Pacific-12 Conference Kentucky 15-6 33 Southeastern Conference Buffalo 14-6 23 Mid-American Conference Michigan State 14-5 21 Big Ten Conference Loyola MD 18-4 11 Patriot League Illinois 13-7 2 Big Ten Conference Southern Utah 15-4 1 Big Sky Conference

Duke moves down 3 spots in the polls after their split, while Colorado, Kentucky, and Michigan State all gain more votes.

Now a look at the mid-major top 25 going into the week of Jan. 31-Feb. 6:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wichita State (72) 22-1 1800 1 Missouri Valley Conference 2. San Diego State 17-4 1719 2 Mountain West Conference 3. Old Dominion 17-2 1641 4 Conference USA 4. Memphis 17-4 1543 3 American Athletic Conference 5. BYU 18-5 1528 8 West Coast Conference 6. Oakland 18-4 1408 7 Horizon League 7. Sacred Heart 19-2 1389 5 Northeast Conference 8. Buffalo 14-6 1271 9 Mid-American Conference 9. Massachusetts 17-4 1255 6 Atlantic 10 Conference 10. New Mexico 15-6 1163 13 Mountain West Conference 11. Loyola MD 18-4 1017 10 Patriot League 12. SMU 15-6 991 17 American Athletic Conference 13. Florida Gulf Coast 17-5 921 18 Atlantic Sun Conference 14. William & Mary 15-6 832 11 Colonial Athletic Association 15. UAB 13-5 735 24 Conference USA 16. Manhattan 16-5 613 12 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 17. Fresno State 15-7 568 NR Mountain West Conference 18. Southern Utah 15-4 507 20 Big Sky Conference 19. FIU 13-6 450 16 Conference USA 20. Indiana State 15-8 389 NR Missouri Valley Conference 21. UNC Wilmington 16-7 336 NR Colonial Athletic Association 22. Northeastern 14-6 261 19 Colonial Athletic Association 23. Alabama A&M 15-5 158 15 Southwestern Athletic Conference 24. Boise State 12-8 147 25 Mountain West Conference 25. Davidson 13-7 125 NR Atlantic 10 Conference Others Receiving Votes: Colorado State 13-6 115 Mountain West Conference Cal State Northridge 13-6 104 Big West Conference Richmond 13-7 74 Atlantic 10 Conference Rhode Island 11-7 48 Atlantic 10 Conference Rider 17-7 48 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Fordham 13-6 44 Atlantic 10 Conference Green Bay 14-9 36 Horizon League The Citadel 15-6 35 Southern Conference Portland 14-8 31 West Coast Conference Stephen F. Austin 14-9 24 Horizon League Georgia State 14-9 16 Horizon League North Carolina Central 15-7 12 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Houston 13-7 8 American Athletic Conference Saint Joseph's 12-8 8 Atlantic 10 Conference Utah State 13-8 8 Mountain West Conference George Washington 12-8 7 Atlantic 10 Conference Long Beach State 13-7 6 Big West Conference Florida Atlantic 13-7 3 Conference USA Harvard 13-7 3 Ivy League Dayton 13-7 2 Atlantic 10 Conference UNLV 11-9 1 Mountain West Conference

Once again, no representation here in this poll.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:00 PM   #442
rjolley
College Starter

Man, Shepard had a chance to lead his team to a tie for #1 in the Pac-12 and couldn't pull it off against Sanchez. Should be an interesting second half of the conference season.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:35 PM   #443
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Tops in the Pac 12 and still not ranked. East coast bias is real.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:25 PM   #444
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Jan. 31-Feb. 6, 2022

I actually had this week almost done when my internet shut down so naturally I'm frustrated. I'm just going to give you guys scores this week, no team recaps.

We did have 3 feature games this week, 2 in the Pac 12.

2/3/22- Colorado (Rob Nielsen) @ UCLA (Tim Shepard)

Final Score: UCLA- 72, Colorado- 66

2/3/22- Washington State (DeShawn St. John) @ Stanford (Benito Sanchez)

Final Score: Stanford- 68, Washington State- 46

And to the American:

2/5/22- UConn (Randolph Childress) @ Tulsa (Will Brown)

Tulsa- 66, UConn- 58

Now for the rest of the weekly scores:

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 12-12, 6-5 6th America East.

2/2/22 vs. Vermont (W 63-54).

UConn (Randolph Childress) -- 11-11, 6-4 5th American.

2/2/22 vs. Tulane (W 57-48).
2/5/22 at Tulsa- feature game, highlighted above.

ECU (Al Hutt) -- 13-11, 6-5 6th American.

2/2/22 vs. Houston (L 54-51).
2/5/22 at Tulane (W 69-61).

Tulsa (Will Brown) -- 12-10, 7-3 3rd American.

1/31/22 at Illinois-Chicago (W 82-63).
2/5/22 vs. UConn- feature game, highlighted above.

#13 Duke (Dean Hoo) -- 19-4, 9-2 1st ACC.

2/2/22 at Georgia Tech (W 86-78).
2/5/22 at Virginia Tech (W 75-73).

TCU (Bee Mighty) -- 10-11, 5-6 T-6th Big 12.

1/31/22 vs. #9 Iowa State (L 92-61).
2/5/22 vs. #6 Texas (L 85-75).

Michigan State (Al Mighty) -- 15-6, 7-3 2nd Big Ten.

2/2/22 vs. Maryland (W 83-53).
2/5/22 at Iowa (L 82-78).

Northwestern (Ess Vee) -- 14-8, 6-4 T-3rd Big Ten.

2/2/22 vs. #1 Wisconsin (L 88-53).
2/5/22 vs. Maryland (W 63-58).

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 13-9, 4-5 T-5th Big West.

2/1/22 at Long Beach State (L 78-69).
2/5/22 vs. UC Riverside (W 75-68).

Rice (Charlie Shocker) -- 13-8, 5-5 T-7th Conference USA.

2/3/22 at UTSA (L 76-72).
2/5/22 vs. UTEP (W 92-86).

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 16-6, 8-2 T-1st Pac 12.

2/3/22 at UCLA- feature game, highlighted above.
2/5/22 at Oregon (W 68-60).

Stanford (Benito Sanchez) -- 14-6, 7-3 T-4th Pac 12.

2/3/22 vs. Washington State- feature game, highlighted above.
2/5/22 at Utah (W 60-48).

UCLA (Tim Shepard) -- 16-6, 8-2 T-1st Pac 12.

2/3/22 vs. Colorado- feature game, highlighted above.
2/5/22 vs. California (W 84-62).

Washington State (DeShawn St. John) -- 8-14, 0-10 12th (last) Pac 12.

2/3/22 at Stanford- feature game, highlighted above.
2/5/22 vs. Oregon State (L 62-48).

Alabama (Roy Rogers) -- 13-9, 7-3 T-2nd SEC.

2/2/22 at Texas A&M (W 65-50).
2/5/22 vs. Auburn (W 81-72).

Kentucky (Patrick Hutt) -- 17-6, 6-4 T-4th SEC.

2/2/22 at Tennessee (W 73-63).
2/5/22 vs. #17 Vanderbilt (W 67-44).

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 14-9, 8-5 T-1st Sun Belt.

2/3/22 vs. UL Monroe (W 72-63).
2/5/22 at Texas State (W 94-61).

Here's a look at the national top 25 heading into the week of Feb. 7-13:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wisconsin (72) 23-1 1800 1 Big Ten Conference 2. Wichita State 24-1 1728 2 Missouri Valley Conference 3. Baylor 21-2 1643 4 Big 12 Conference 4. Oklahoma 20-3 1589 3 Big 12 Conference 5. Arkansas 19-3 1507 5 Southeastern Conference 6. Syracuse 18-4 1414 8 Atlantic Coast Conference 7. Texas 18-4 1361 6 Big 12 Conference 8. Virginia 18-5 1255 7 Atlantic Coast Conference 9. San Diego State 19-4 1204 12 Mountain West Conference 10. Florida State 17-5 1122 14 Atlantic Coast Conference 11. Duke 19-4 1119 13 Atlantic Coast Conference 12. Iowa State 17-6 1026 9 Big 12 Conference 13. Old Dominion 19-2 913 15 Conference USA 14. St. John's 18-5 859 10 Big East Conference 15. BYU 20-5 774 20 West Coast Conference 16. North Carolina 15-7 634 11 Atlantic Coast Conference 17. Kansas State 17-5 621 16 Big 12 Conference 18. Vanderbilt 17-6 555 17 Southeastern Conference 19. Oakland 20-4 531 22 Horizon League 20. Kentucky 17-6 407 NR Southeastern Conference 21. Louisville 15-7 307 23 Atlantic Coast Conference 22. Memphis 18-5 273 19 American Athletic Conference 23. Arizona 17-5 266 NR Pacific-12 Conference 24. Villanova 16-6 169 25 Big East Conference 25. Notre Dame 17-6 115 21 Atlantic Coast Conference Others Receiving Votes: Massachusetts 18-5 92 Atlantic 10 Conference Georgetown 14-8 62 Big East Conference Colorado 16-6 16 Pacific-12 Conference Sacred Heart 19-4 13 Northeast Conference UCLA 16-6 8 Pacific-12 Conference Buffalo 16-6 7 Mid-American Conference SMU 17-6 5 American Athletic Conference William & Mary 17-6 3 Colonial Athletic Association Manhattan 18-5 1 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Michigan State 15-6 1 Big Ten Conference

Duke moves up 2 spots, while Kentucky jumps back in the top 25 thanks to that win over Vanderbilt. Colorado, UCLA, and Michigan State continue to receive votes.

Now for the mid-major top 25 poll heading into the week of Feb. 7-13:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wichita State (72) 24-1 1800 1 Missouri Valley Conference 2. San Diego State 19-4 1724 2 Mountain West Conference 3. Old Dominion 19-2 1632 3 Conference USA 4. BYU 20-5 1593 5 West Coast Conference 5. Memphis 18-5 1482 4 American Athletic Conference 6. Oakland 20-4 1478 6 Horizon League 7. Massachusetts 18-5 1323 9 Atlantic 10 Conference 8. SMU 17-6 1301 12 American Athletic Conference 9. Buffalo 16-6 1225 8 Mid-American Conference 10. Sacred Heart 19-4 1117 7 Northeast Conference 11. William & Mary 17-6 1010 14 Colonial Athletic Association 12. Fresno State 17-7 995 17 Mountain West Conference 13. Loyola MD 19-5 964 11 Patriot League 14. New Mexico 15-8 815 10 Mountain West Conference 15. Manhattan 18-5 809 16 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 16. UNC Wilmington 18-7 653 21 Colonial Athletic Association 17. Florida Gulf Coast 18-6 560 13 Atlantic Sun Conference 18. Boise State 14-8 551 24 Mountain West Conference 19. UAB 14-6 507 15 Conference USA 20. Richmond 15-7 361 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 21. Indiana State 16-9 335 20 Missouri Valley Conference 22. Southern Utah 16-5 214 18 Big Sky Conference 23. FIU 14-7 162 19 Conference USA 24. UNLV 13-9 114 NR Mountain West Conference 25. Saint Joseph's 14-8 107 NR Atlantic 10 Conference Others Receiving Votes: North Carolina Central 17-7 72 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference North Texas 15-7 67 Conference USA Northeastern 15-7 59 Colonial Athletic Association Harvard 15-7 50 Ivy League Long Beach State 15-7 45 Big West Conference Colorado State 14-7 44 Mountain West Conference Cal State Northridge 14-7 42 Big West Conference Davidson 14-8 37 Atlantic 10 Conference Rider 18-8 30 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Rhode Island 12-8 28 Atlantic 10 Conference Houston 14-8 17 American Athletic Conference Alabama A&M 16-6 16 Southwestern Athletic Conference Fordham 14-7 13 Atlantic 10 Conference Green Bay 15-10 10 Horizon League Portland 15-9 9 West Coast Conference Belmont 16-8 8 Ohio Valley Conference The Citadel 16-7 8 Southern Conference Sacramento State 14-7 5 Big Sky Conference Stephen F. Austin 15-10 5 Horizon League South Florida 13-9 3 American Athletic Conference

Big surprise, none of our teams are recognized.

Now, it's time for the first edition of the 2021-2022 Bubble Watch. We've got 1 of our FOFC teams in the Overall Bubble Watch, and a bit of a surprising one. Let's take a look:

Code:
OVERALL BUBBLE WATCH Team Record RPI vs. 1-50 vs. 51-100 vs. 101-200 vs. 200+ SOS Projected -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Northwestern 14-8 .570 (44) 1-4 3-1 6-2 4-1 60 In Indiana State 16-9 .575 (36) 0-3 2-2 7-2 7-2 64 In Massachusetts 18-5 .548 (72) 1-0 3-2 7-3 7-0 245 In Loyola MD 19-5 .543 (79) 1-0 0-3 4-1 14-1 306 In Oklahoma State 14-9 .559 (54) 2-8 4-1 4-0 4-0 47 In Cal State Northridge 14-7 .550 (70) 0-0 3-0 6-3 5-4 148 In Sacramento State 14-7 .544 (76) 0-1 1-3 2-2 11-1 212 In Stephen F. Austin 15-10 .569 (45) 1-4 6-3 3-1 5-2 77 In VCU 15-7 .515 (135) 2-3 1-3 6-1 6-0 249 Out Northeastern 15-7 .513 (140) 2-0 2-1 3-6 8-0 266 Out Richmond 15-7 .536 (95) 0-0 3-4 6-2 6-1 246 Out Colorado State 14-7 .527 (109) 2-1 0-2 6-1 6-3 218 Out Boise State 14-8 .541 (82) 3-2 1-1 4-3 6-2 130 Out Alabama A&M 16-6 .527 (108) 1-0 2-0 5-2 8-4 292 Out Indiana 14-8 .520 (121) 2-3 3-2 3-1 6-2 178 Out

How about that?! Coach Vee has to be happy to see Northwestern up there, and considering they are listed first, they aren't even on the First Four In list, they are past that. While the 1-4 record against the RPI top 50 is damaging, the Wildcats have countered that by going 9-3 against the RPI 51-200. They've also played a pretty decent SOS. Things can go south in a hurry for them though, their last 6 games are against teams that are in the upper half of the Big Ten.

Now let's take a look at our other teams and see how they are faring. Remember, this is for the NCAA Tournament only. Some of these teams will make other postseason tournaments for sure. Remember, if your team isn't listed as a lock, or projected safely in, that means they are projected to be out. Also remember, this does not take into account conference leaders, this just looks at projections from an at-large standpoint.

Locks: Duke, Michigan State, Colorado, UCLA, Stanford, Kentucky.

Nice to see so many of our teams projected as locks for the big dance, plus another on the bubble. This is more like it. I hope all these teams finish strong.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:08 AM   #445
rjolley
College Starter

Nice to see Coach Sanchez get the Cardinal back on track. Hopefully, they can finish strong and make the tourney.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:56 PM   #446
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Feb. 7-13, 2022

No feature games this week, so we'll get right into the weekly recap.

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 13-13, 7-6 T-5th America East.

2/9/22 vs. Albany (L 75-61).
2/13/22 vs. Stony Brook (W 61-46).

A split for the Hawks, who have another very winnable game next week, and then a good test in their last 2 conference games of the season.

UConn (Randolph Childress) -- 13-11, 8-4 T-3rd American.

2/9/22 at UCF (W 67-60).
2/12/22 at Houston (W 59-48).

2 road wins for the Huskies this week, as they also pick up an important win at Houston.

ECU (Al Hutt) -- 13-13, 6-7 T-6th American.

2/9/22 at Cincinnati (L 59-42).
2/12/22 vs. South Florida (L 79-62).

A pair of 17 point losses for the Pirates this week, as they have lost 4 out of their last 5.

Tulsa (Will Brown) -- 13-11, 8-4 T-3rd American.

2/9/22 at SMU (W 79-62).
2/12/22 at Tulane (L 70-65).

A road split this week for the Golden Hurricane. That loss at Tulane could be very damaging, as Tulane had only won 8 games before beating Tulsa. That also breaks a 9 game winning streak for Coach Brown's team.

#11 Duke (Dean Hoo) -- 21-4, 11-2 1st ACC.

2/9/22 at Clemson (W 85-75).
2/12/22 vs. Wake Forest (W 91-72).

The Blue Devils keep a half game lead in the ACC, but their next 4 games are huge, all against ranked teams.

TCU (Bee Mighty) -- 11-12, 5-7 8th Big 12.

2/8/22 at East Tennessee State (W 82-71).
2/12/22 at #3 Baylor (L 73-63).

A road split for the Horned Frogs, who take care of a weak non-conference opponent, and give 3rd ranked Baylor a challenge before eventually falling short.

Michigan State (Al Mighty) -- 17-6, 9-3 2nd Big Ten.

2/9/22 at Indiana (W 94-62).
2/12/22 vs. Nebraska (W 90-57).

2 dominating wins for the Spartans this week, and at this point it's really a race for 2nd place, as top ranked Wisconsin all but has the Big Ten regular season title locked up, unless they fall apart.

Northwestern (Ess Vee) -- 14-10, 6-6 T-6th Big Ten.

2/9/22 at Iowa (L 90-82).
2/12/22 at Minnesota (L 71-53).

Exactly what the Wildcats didn't need, losing 2 on the road this week. This will certainly have a big impact on them when the new bubble watch comes out.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 14-10, 5-6 6th Big West.

2/10/22 vs. UC Irvine (W 77-70).
2/12/22 at UC Santa Barbara (L 58-44).

A split for the Warriors, who just fell apart at UCSB. Can't afford those type of losses as they are still on pace for their best season in a while, but they have to keep winning.

Rice (Charlie Shocker) -- 14-9, 6-6 T-7th Conference USA.

2/10/22 vs. Charlotte (L 81-79).
2/12/22 vs. Southern Miss (W 89-69).

A split for the Owls, and a tough loss against Charlotte. They really needed that one.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 18-6, 10-2 1st Pac 12.

2/10/22 vs. Arizona State (W 67-40).
2/12/22 at Oregon State (W 81-49).

The Buffaloes are back on top by themselves in the Pac 12, thanks to a couple dominating performances this week. They still have a game against Arizona coming up at the end of the season, but they have a nice path to their first Pac 12 title in this dynasty, if they don't falter.

Stanford (Benito Sanchez) -- 16-6, 9-3 T-2nd Pac 12.

2/10/22 at Gonzaga (W 97-92, OT).
2/12/22 vs. #23 Arizona (W 85-63).

The Cardinal win 2 games this week, and they really carried that road OT win over Gonzaga well, as they went back home and obliterated Arizona. It's 5 in a row now for Coach Sanchez's team.

UCLA (Tim Shepard) -- 17-7, 9-3 T-2nd Pac 12.

2/10/22 at Oregon State (L 74-58).
2/12/22 at Oregon (W 85-71).

A road split for the Bruins, who just can't be losing to teams like Oregon State, especially by 16 points. Next week is huge, as they face both of the other 2 teams that are tied for 2nd place at the moment, so it could make or break their chances.

Washington State (DeShawn St. John) -- 8-16, 0-12 12th (last) Pac 12.

2/10/22 at California (L 77-66).
2/12/22 vs. Washington (L 80-66).

It's looking more and more like the Cougars are going to go 0-fer in the Pac 12. They got 6 more chances to get a conference W, with their best chance against a 6 win Arizona State team. It's been a long, long time since that 8-4 start.

Alabama (Roy Rogers) -- 15-9, 9-3 2nd SEC.

2/9/22 vs. Georgia (W 60-57).
2/12/22 at South Carolina (W 79-68).

2 more wins for the Crimson Tide, who are fighting to get back to the NCAA Tournament after missing out last season. A big game against Kentucky next week.

#20 Kentucky (Patrick Hutt) -- 18-7, 7-5 T-4th SEC.

2/9/22 vs. VCU (W 77-68).
2/12/22 vs. #5 Arkansas (L 71-67).

A home split for the Wildcats, who put up a gallant effort against an Arkansas team that is almost a lock to win the SEC at this point.

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 15-10, 9-6 2nd Sun Belt.

2/10/22 vs. Arkansas Little Rock (L 80-60).
2/12/22 vs. South Alabama (W 80-68).

A split for the Trojans, who still control their own destiny in the Sun Belt, as the top 5 teams all have 6 losses in conference. The only reason Troy is in 2nd place is because the conference leader has played 1 more conference game, and won it. Still, they are also heading to their best season in a while.

Here's a look at the national top 25 heading into the week of Feb. 14-20:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wisconsin (72) 25-1 1800 1 Big Ten Conference 2. Wichita State 26-1 1728 2 Missouri Valley Conference 3. Baylor 22-2 1643 3 Big 12 Conference 4. Oklahoma 21-4 1548 4 Big 12 Conference 5. Arkansas 21-3 1537 5 Southeastern Conference 6. Texas 20-4 1439 7 Big 12 Conference 7. Virginia 20-5 1324 8 Atlantic Coast Conference 8. Syracuse 20-4 1299 6 Atlantic Coast Conference 9. San Diego State 21-4 1186 9 Mountain West Conference 10. Florida State 19-5 1184 10 Atlantic Coast Conference 11. Duke 21-4 1138 11 Atlantic Coast Conference 12. Old Dominion 21-2 989 13 Conference USA 13. BYU 22-5 947 15 West Coast Conference 14. St. John's 19-6 747 14 Big East Conference 15. Memphis 20-5 675 22 American Athletic Conference 16. Iowa State 17-8 639 12 Big 12 Conference 17. Louisville 17-7 635 21 Atlantic Coast Conference 18. Notre Dame 19-6 615 25 Atlantic Coast Conference 19. Massachusetts 20-5 473 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 20. Oakland 21-5 404 19 Horizon League 21. North Carolina 16-8 381 16 Atlantic Coast Conference 22. Kansas State 18-6 282 17 Big 12 Conference 23. Georgetown 16-8 219 NR Big East Conference 24. Kentucky 18-7 143 20 Southeastern Conference 25. Sacred Heart 21-4 136 NR Northeast Conference Others Receiving Votes: Michigan State 17-6 75 Big Ten Conference Colorado 18-6 51 Pacific-12 Conference Vanderbilt 18-7 50 Southeastern Conference Arizona 18-6 45 Pacific-12 Conference Villanova 17-7 40 Big East Conference William & Mary 19-6 15 Colonial Athletic Association Illinois 16-8 6 Big Ten Conference Loyola MD 20-5 4 Patriot League Stanford 16-6 3 Pacific-12 Conference

Duke stays pat at #11 after 2 wins this week, while Kentucky drops 4 spots after a heartbreaking loss to Arkansas. Michigan State and Colorado are on the cusp of cracking the top 25, while UCLA loses their votes, but Stanford gets a few after that big win over Arizona.

And a look at the mid-major top 25 going into the week of Feb. 14-20:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wichita State (72) 26-1 1800 1 Missouri Valley Conference 2. San Diego State 21-4 1725 2 Mountain West Conference 3. Old Dominion 21-2 1623 3 Conference USA 4. BYU 22-5 1611 4 West Coast Conference 5. Memphis 20-5 1503 5 American Athletic Conference 6. Oakland 21-5 1444 6 Horizon League 7. Massachusetts 20-5 1372 7 Atlantic 10 Conference 8. SMU 18-7 1192 8 American Athletic Conference 9. William & Mary 19-6 1187 11 Colonial Athletic Association 10. Sacred Heart 21-4 1186 10 Northeast Conference 11. Buffalo 17-7 1074 9 Mid-American Conference 12. Loyola MD 20-5 1003 13 Patriot League 13. Richmond 17-7 931 20 Atlantic 10 Conference 14. Florida Gulf Coast 20-6 817 17 Atlantic Sun Conference 15. Fresno State 17-8 793 12 Mountain West Conference 16. Manhattan 19-6 663 15 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 17. UNLV 15-9 618 24 Mountain West Conference 18. FIU 16-7 547 23 Conference USA 19. New Mexico 15-9 478 14 Mountain West Conference 20. Southern Utah 18-5 376 22 Big Sky Conference 21. Boise State 15-9 356 18 Mountain West Conference 22. UNC Wilmington 19-8 324 16 Colonial Athletic Association 23. Rider 20-8 217 NR Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 24. UTEP 15-9 203 NR Conference USA 25. The Citadel 18-7 84 NR Southern Conference Others Receiving Votes: George Washington 15-9 69 Atlantic 10 Conference Saint Joseph's 15-9 37 Atlantic 10 Conference Colorado State 15-8 25 Mountain West Conference Northeastern 16-8 23 Colonial Athletic Association Long Beach State 16-8 21 Big West Conference UAB 14-8 21 Conference USA Detroit 15-9 17 Horizon League Rhode Island 13-9 14 Atlantic 10 Conference Texas A&M Corpus Christi 16-7 10 Southland Conference Georgia State 16-11 9 Horizon League Belmont 17-9 8 Ohio Valley Conference Alabama A&M 17-7 6 Southwestern Athletic Conference Connecticut 13-11 5 American Athletic Conference Portland 16-10 5 West Coast Conference Green Bay 16-11 2 Horizon League Indiana State 16-11 1 Missouri Valley Conference

Take a look at the surprise UConn. It's nice to see them receiving votes, but I guarantee the only reason they are is because of their past history and how successful they've been.

Now for this weeks edition of the Bubble Watch. We start with the Overall Bubble Watch, which doesn't see any of our teams:

Code:
OVERALL BUBBLE WATCH Team Record RPI vs. 1-50 vs. 51-100 vs. 101-200 vs. 200+ SOS Projected -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Penn State 15-9 .582 (27) 3-5 3-1 4-2 5-1 23 In Fresno State 17-8 .556 (57) 2-3 1-0 8-2 6-3 104 In New Mexico 15-9 .578 (32) 1-4 4-2 7-3 3-0 36 In UTEP 15-9 .573 (41) 4-5 1-0 5-1 5-3 27 In Washington 15-9 .570 (43) 1-6 3-1 7-1 4-1 35 In Richmond 17-7 .549 (69) 1-0 4-3 6-3 6-1 203 In Saint Joseph's 15-9 .554 (61) 1-2 3-4 4-2 7-1 101 In SMU 18-7 .547 (75) 1-1 6-4 7-1 4-1 170 In Colgate 16-9 .549 (68) 1-3 4-0 3-2 8-4 133 Out Oklahoma State 15-10 .575 (34) 3-9 3-1 4-0 5-0 21 Out Green Bay 16-11 .557 (55) 5-1 5-1 1-4 5-5 80 Out Stephen F. Austin 16-11 .555 (58) 2-4 5-3 3-2 6-2 87 Out UAB 14-8 .543 (79) 1-4 1-1 3-2 9-1 143 Out Houston 15-9 .542 (80) 2-1 3-2 3-3 7-3 134 Out Indiana State 16-11 .566 (47) 0-3 4-5 6-1 6-2 56 Out

Now a look at all 17 of our teams:

Locks: Duke, Michigan State, Colorado, Stanford, UCLA, Kentucky.
In: Alabama.

2 changes from last week. First, Northwestern is off the bubble, but not in a good way. They are now projected out. Not last 4 out or next 4 out, but just out.

Meanwhile, Alabama is now projected to be in after their 2 wins this week.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:44 AM   #447
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Might need to start up a firecoachstjohn.com site... That is abysmal.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:02 PM   #448
law90026
College Benchwarmer

National title for Duke this year
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:13 PM   #449
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Feb. 14-20, 2022

A whole host of feature games this week, 5 to be exact. 4 conferences are involved so let's start in the American.

2/16/22- UConn (Randolph Childress) @ ECU (Al Hutt) -- While the foul count was fairly close, ECU seemed to have a lot more shooting fouls and took advantage from the line, outscoring the Huskies by 12 on the line. That led to an important home victory.

Final Score: ECU- 71, UConn- 63

Now we move to the Big Ten:

2/16/22- Michigan State (Al Mighty) @ Northwestern (Ess Vee) -- The Spartans kept Northwestern on a downward spiral by hitting 11 three pointers and they continue to roll.

Final Score: Michigan State- 78, Northwestern- 69

To the SEC we go:

2/16/22- Alabama (Roy Rogers) @ Kentucky (Patrick Hutt) -- Kentucky couldn't hit the broad side inside the three point line in this one, shooting just 34.6% for the game. 12 of their 18 made shots were three pointers. They died by the trey tonight.

Final Score: Alabama- 68, Kentucky- 64

And finally, we head to the Pac 12 for a double dip:

2/17/22- UCLA (Tim Shepard) @ Stanford (Benito Sanchez) -- This was a very odd game, and one where the foul count swung towards the vistors. Both teams hit 13 three pointers, and overall Stanford made 7 more field goals than UCLA. But the free throw line was a different story: Stanford 3-4, UCLA 21-26. There's your ball game.

Final Score: UCLA- 72, Stanford- 68

2/17/22- Washington State (DeShawn St. John) @ Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- Call it overconfidence on Colorado's part, but the Cougars jumped off to a fast start, gaining an 11 point halftime lead. They turned the ball over 8 times, all leading to a monumental upset as the last place team in the Pac 12 absolutely shocked the Pac 12 leaders in convincing fashion.

Final Score: Washington State- 73, Colorado- 63. (Wow!)

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 15-13, 9-6 T-2nd America East.

2/16/22 at UMass Lowell (W 62-47).
2/20/22 vs. New Hampshire (W 52-32).

The Hawks are trying to finish on a positive note, as they've won 5 of their last 6. They can't win the America East title, and with a 4 team tie for second, they could finish anywhere between 2nd and 5th if they win their final conference game of the season, and if they lose, anywhere between 2nd and 6th.

UConn (Randolph Childress) -- 14-12, 9-5 T-2nd American.

2/16/22 at ECU- feature game, highlighted above.
2/19/22 vs. South Florida (W 59-46).

A split for the Huskies this week, as they are holding on to slim postseason hopes.

ECU (Al Hutt) -- 15-13, 8-7 6th American.

2/16/22 vs. UConn- feature game, highlighted above.
2/19/22 vs. UCF (W 59-46).

What a difference a week makes, as the Pirates win 2 games to get back over .500 in conference play.

Tulsa (Will Brown) -- 14-12, 9-5 T-2nd American.

2/16/22 at South Florida (L 70-48).
2/19/22 vs. Temple (W 98-95).

A split for the Golden Hurricane, who really needed a better effort at South Florida.

#11 Duke (Dean Hoo) -- 22-5, 12-3 T-1st ACC.

2/16/22 vs. #21 North Carolina (W 85-77).
2/19/22 at #17 Louisville (L 88-71).

A split for the Blue Devils, but that loss to Louisville now has them in a 3 way tie for 1st, and it doesn't get any easier next week.

TCU (Bee Mighty) -- 12-13, 6-8 T-7th Big 12.

2/14/22 at #4 Oklahoma (W 77-68).
2/19/22 at Oklahoma State (L 85-77).

A strange trip through Oklahoma for the Horned Frogs as they got a split, but not the way I was expecting. A huge upset at Oklahoma but they couldn't compound it by beating Oklahoma State.

Michigan State (Al Mighty) -- 19-6, 11-3 2nd Big Ten.

2/16/22 at Northwestern- feature game, highlighted above.
2/19/22 at Penn State (W 73-55).

The Spartans continue to roll, with 4 more wins. That's 7 of their last 8, and barring an upset, they'll get 2 more next week.

Northwestern (Ess Vee) -- 15-11, 7-7 T-5th Big Ten.

2/16/22 vs. Michigan State- feature game, highlighted above.
2/19/22 vs. Ohio State (W 83-73).

The Wildcats split this week, and are 1 of 6 teams in a tie for 5th place in the Big Ten. They now start on a 3 game road trip in which none of the 3 games will be easy.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 16-10, 7-6 T-3rd Big West.

2/17/22 at Cal State Fullerton (W 78-76).
2/19/22 vs. UC Davis (W 79-69).

2 wins for the Warriors who are back over .500 in conference play and seem to be picking up a little momentum.

Rice (Charlie Shocker) -- 15-10, 7-7 T-6th Conference USA.

2/17/22 vs. Western Kentucky (L 72-63).
2/19/22 vs. North Texas (W 79-77).

A home split for the Owls, who can't be losing to 7 win teams like Western Kentucky if they want to have a shot at the postseason.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 18-8, 10-4 T-2nd Pac 12.

2/17/22 vs. Washington State- feature game, highlighted above.
2/19/22 vs. Washington (L 80-65).

A week to forget for the Buffaloes, who have fallen out of first place thanks to a couple tough losses. The Washington loss can be forgiven, but Washington State? Coach Nielsen better get these guys back on the right track when they hit the road next week.

Stanford (Benito Sanchez) -- 17-7, 10-4 T-2nd Pac 12.

2/17/22 vs. UCLA- feature game, highlighted above.
2/19/22 vs. California (W 77-56).

A split for the Cardinal, who look to have a good path at a 20 win season if they can finish strong, as 3 of their last 4 regular season games are winnable, with the other a toss-up.

UCLA (Tim Shepard) -- 18-8, 10-4 T-2nd Pac 12.

2/17/22 at Stanford- feature game, highlighted above.
2/19/22 vs. Arizona (L 66-48).

A split for the Bruins, who lost a chance to jump into first place after getting hammered at home. If there's 1 team that has Coach Shepard's number, it's the Bruins.

Washington State (DeShawn St. John) -- 9-17, 1-13 12th (last) Pac 12.

2/17/22 at Colorado- feature game, highlighted above.
2/19/22 vs. Arizona State (L 73-52).

The only thing I can think of is that Colorado just look past the Cougars, as the burden is over, and Washington State has won their first Pac 12 game of the season! It might be their only win, but anytime you can avoid an 0-fer, it's a good thing.

Alabama (Roy Rogers) -- 17-9, 11-3 2nd SEC.

2/16/22 at Kentucky- feature game, highlighted above.
2/19/22 vs. Florida (W 64-55).

The Crimson Tide continue to roll, getting by Kentucky and Florida both, 2 formidable opponents. The SEC title is still in their grasp, as long as they can take care of business next week.

#24 Kentucky (Patrick Hutt) -- 19-8, 8-6 T-4th SEC.

2/16/22 vs. Alabama- feature game, highlighted above.
2/19/22 vs. South Carolina (W 102-65).

A split for the Wildcats, and it's been a rough year for them. In Coach Hutt's time at Kentucky, they have now set a record for most conference losses in a season. Before this season, the most they'd lost was 5.

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 16-11, 10-7 3rd Sun Belt.

2/17/22 at Appalachian State (L 73-60).
2/19/22 at UT Arlington (W 81-68).

Another split for the Trojans. They are still in the midst of their best season in the Coach Hawkins era, but they sure would like to finish strong as they are still 1 game out of first place in the conference.

Here's a look at the national top 25 heading into the week of Feb. 21-27:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wisconsin (72) 27-1 1800 1 Big Ten Conference 2. Wichita State 27-1 1728 2 Missouri Valley Conference 3. Baylor 23-3 1644 3 Big 12 Conference 4. Oklahoma 22-5 1582 4 Big 12 Conference 5. Arkansas 22-4 1486 5 Southeastern Conference 6. Virginia 22-5 1417 7 Atlantic Coast Conference 7. Texas 21-5 1364 6 Big 12 Conference 8. San Diego State 23-4 1310 9 Mountain West Conference 9. Syracuse 21-5 1195 8 Atlantic Coast Conference 10. Florida State 21-5 1185 10 Atlantic Coast Conference 11. Old Dominion 23-2 1075 12 Conference USA 12. Duke 22-5 1002 11 Atlantic Coast Conference 13. Louisville 19-7 926 17 Atlantic Coast Conference 14. Notre Dame 21-6 816 18 Atlantic Coast Conference 15. St. John's 21-6 806 14 Big East Conference 16. BYU 23-6 713 13 West Coast Conference 17. Memphis 21-5 642 15 American Athletic Conference 18. Oakland 23-5 504 20 Horizon League 19. Michigan State 19-6 389 NR Big Ten Conference 20. Kansas State 19-7 338 22 Big 12 Conference 21. Georgetown 17-8 335 23 Big East Conference 22. Iowa State 18-9 286 16 Big 12 Conference 23. Sacred Heart 23-4 212 25 Northeast Conference 24. Arizona 20-6 205 NR Pacific-12 Conference 25. Villanova 19-7 174 NR Big East Conference Others Receiving Votes: North Carolina 17-9 116 Atlantic Coast Conference Massachusetts 21-6 86 Atlantic 10 Conference Kentucky 19-8 19 Southeastern Conference Buffalo 19-7 18 Mid-American Conference Vanderbilt 19-8 12 Southeastern Conference Southern Utah 20-5 7 Big Sky Conference Loyola MD 22-5 6 Patriot League Florida Gulf Coast 22-6 2 Atlantic Sun Conference

Duke drops 1 spot in the top 25 after their bad loss to Louisville, while Michigan State jumps into the top 25 for the first time in weeks, even months. Kentucky drops out of the top 25 after their loss to Alabama, while the Pac 12 continues to see a lack of respect as Stanford and Colorado lose all their votes after splits this week, and UCLA still can't buy a vote.

Now for the Mid-Major Top 25 heading into the week of Feb. 21-27:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wichita State (72) 27-1 1800 1 Missouri Valley Conference 2. San Diego State 23-4 1727 2 Mountain West Conference 3. Old Dominion 23-2 1652 3 Conference USA 4. BYU 23-6 1555 4 West Coast Conference 5. Memphis 21-5 1529 5 American Athletic Conference 6. Oakland 23-5 1448 6 Horizon League 7. Massachusetts 21-6 1363 7 Atlantic 10 Conference 8. Buffalo 19-7 1265 11 Mid-American Conference 9. Sacred Heart 23-4 1233 10 Northeast Conference 10. Loyola MD 22-5 1102 12 Patriot League 11. Florida Gulf Coast 22-6 1003 14 Atlantic Sun Conference 12. SMU 18-8 943 8 American Athletic Conference 13. Manhattan 21-6 892 16 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 14. FIU 18-7 799 18 Conference USA 15. Richmond 18-8 770 13 Atlantic 10 Conference 16. Boise State 16-9 757 21 Mountain West Conference 17. UNC Wilmington 21-8 708 22 Colonial Athletic Association 18. William & Mary 19-8 584 9 Colonial Athletic Association 19. Fresno State 18-9 529 15 Mountain West Conference 20. Southern Utah 20-5 488 20 Big Sky Conference 21. UNLV 16-10 398 17 Mountain West Conference 22. Saint Joseph's 17-9 272 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 23. Long Beach State 18-8 147 NR Big West Conference 24. UAB 16-8 147 NR Conference USA 25. Indiana State 18-11 59 NR Missouri Valley Conference Others Receiving Votes: Texas A&M Corpus Christi 18-7 40 Southland Conference Alabama A&M 19-7 39 Southwestern Athletic Conference Belmont 19-9 34 Ohio Valley Conference George Washington 16-10 30 Atlantic 10 Conference UTEP 16-10 21 Conference USA New Mexico 15-11 20 Mountain West Conference Rider 20-9 17 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Colorado State 16-9 12 Mountain West Conference Rhode Island 14-10 7 Atlantic 10 Conference Wagner 19-8 5 Northeast Conference Sacramento State 17-8 4 Big Sky Conference Harvard 17-9 1 Ivy League

Well, 1 week of receiving votes for UConn, and now they are back to not receiving a thing.. as are all of our Mid-Major teams.

Here's the next edition of the Bubble Watch, starting with the Overall Bubble Watch, where again none of our FOFC teams are listed:

Code:
OVERALL BUBBLE WATCH Team Record RPI vs. 1-50 vs. 51-100 vs. 101-200 vs. 200+ SOS Projected -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UAB 16-8 .550 (62) 1-4 1-1 4-2 10-1 143 In UTEP 16-10 .570 (40) 4-5 1-0 5-2 6-3 40 In Indiana State 18-11 .565 (44) 0-4 2-2 9-3 7-2 64 In Washington 16-10 .565 (45) 3-7 1-0 7-1 5-2 41 In George Washington 16-10 .550 (63) 1-2 3-4 6-4 6-0 87 In Richmond 18-8 .548 (66) 0-0 3-5 6-2 9-1 171 In Oklahoma State 16-11 .576 (37) 4-10 3-1 5-0 4-0 15 In Sacramento State 17-8 .544 (74) 0-1 1-3 3-2 13-2 209 In Green Bay 17-12 .551 (61) 4-1 7-1 2-5 4-5 82 Out Colgate 17-10 .544 (73) 1-3 4-0 3-3 9-4 149 Out Houston 16-10 .542 (81) 2-2 3-4 2-1 9-3 129 Out SMU 18-8 .539 (90) 1-1 6-3 7-3 4-1 165 Out VCU 17-9 .526 (110) 2-4 4-3 5-2 6-0 184 Out Boise State 16-9 .535 (96) 4-2 1-2 5-3 6-2 137 Out Colorado State 16-9 .530 (102) 3-5 0-0 6-1 7-3 180 Out

Probably not much change for our 17 teams, but let's take a look:

Locks: Duke, Michigan State, Stanford, UCLA, Alabama, Kentucky
In: Colorado

A couple changes from last week, as the same 7 teams are still projected either locks or safely in, but there's a change in the order:

Colorado, with their 2 losses last week, has dropped from being a lock to just safely in.

On the flip side, Alabama, with their 2 wins this week, has raised from safely in, to being a lock.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:21 AM   #450
muns
Pro Starter

Rice, falling going upwards again.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote