Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-11-2023, 01:54 PM   #401
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

We're flying down to Miami for our cruise and this dude comes and sits down behind us in the waiting area and like 4-5 people come up for selfies. Tiny A-A guy, but older maybe 40s, wearing a black and yellow Louis Vuitton sweater. My wife took a shot of him faking a selfie and sends it to our kids and we're pretty sure it's Boosie Badazz. No clue who that is but I knew it had to be someone. Then we get on the plane and there's another dude who looks like he could be part of a scene sitting in front of me and he stops this dude walking by and asks him which singing group he's with, and dude says the Commodores.

I forgot what it's like to fly in and out of Miami. The only semi-famous person I regularly see at Bluegrass Airport is Steve Zahn.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 10:59 PM   #402
Butter
Coordinator

Enjoy your cruise. We just got back from one via the same airport
Old 02-16-2023, 08:03 AM   #403
PilotMan
Head Coach

https://www.livenowfox.com/news/new-...sidney-montana

This guy.. lololol... might be the least attentive passenger ever, and he still found time to blame something else for the error.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 05:48 PM   #404
Edward64
Head Coach

Back in the US.

Went thru security at the Australian, Thai (4), Philippines and Canadian airports. Returning thru Newark reminded me the TSA attitude is uniquely US. It’s like whoever is scared to tell 50% of customer facing TSA to do better job.

OTH Newark & Atlanta airports are far, far, far superior in number of outlets for passengers needing to recharge multiple devices.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 05:59 PM   #405
21C
College Prospect

Old 03-01-2023, 07:26 PM   #406
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Wife and I are headed to Telluride tomorrow to go skiing. We booked our flights separately since she is leaving right from Co to go on a work trip. She got upgraded to first class because of her status. She was gonna decline but I was like, thats stupid, since she would be in the middle seat next to me. She then offered it to me. Feels like trap.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 07:32 PM   #407
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Wife and I are headed to Telluride tomorrow to go skiing.

{hums} "They hide it up in Telluride, I mean it's here to stay"
Old 03-01-2023, 07:39 PM   #408
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wife and I are headed to Telluride tomorrow to go skiing. We booked our flights separately since she is leaving right from Co to go on a work trip. She got upgraded to first class because of her status. She was gonna decline but I was like, thats stupid, since she would be in the middle seat next to me. She then offered it to me. Feels like trap.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 09:05 PM   #409
Ksyrup

Since this thread got bumped, here's a couple of airline-related tweets I ran across. I'm going to assume they are true because I want them to be.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-02-2023, 01:08 AM   #410
Edward64
Head Coach

I read the China one was false. The Northern Lights is true.

I would hate to be within 10 ft of the ribs guy. The smell must have been overwhelming.
Old 03-02-2023, 02:07 AM   #411
Edward64
Head Coach

Okay TSA, I know I beat up on the 50% of TSA client facing for being jerks. But good job here.

Quote:
During routine screening by Transportation Security Administration agents, Muffley's bag set off an alarm indicating it contained suspicious items, according to a criminal complaint.
WTF fireworks hidden in lining? Was it carry on or check in luggage? I'm thinking check in because if found in carry on (as you go through security), he wouldn't need paging?

Quote:
TSA personnel found a "circular compound, approximately three inches in diameter, wrapped in a wax-like paper and clear plastic wrap hidden in the lining of the baggage," the complaint said.
:
The FBI was then contacted and an explosives expert found that the cylinder was filled with flash powder and a type of powder "consistent with a commercial grade firework." The device also appeared to have had a "hobby fuse" — a type of fuse that burns slower than a "quick fuse" — added on, the complaint alleges.
Yeah, I'd remember what I'd put in my bag if security was paging me.

Quote:
Muffley was booked to fly to Orlando, but never boarded the flight, the complaint said. Security footage showed him leaving the airport shortly after he was paged on the airport's public address system, according to the complaint.

More to come out I'm sure. But I'm guessing some idiot who packed some fireworks in his bag thinking no big deal, and then left scared after he was paged by airport security.

Last edited by Edward64 : 03-02-2023 at 02:08 AM.
Old 03-02-2023, 07:15 AM   #412
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Yeah, otherwise known as a bomb. This person should do some real time.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 07:18 AM   #413
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:

That's the trappiest trap I've heard of in a long while.
Old 03-02-2023, 09:42 AM   #414
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

It's always nice when family has your back

Quote:
A relative of Muffley told WFMZ, "Basically, the FBI found a commercial firework and a drill battery" in Muffley's baggage.

The relative, who did not want to be named, continued, "It's nice the whole country thinks he's smart enough to build a bomb." However, the relative said, "He's just not that smart."
Old 03-02-2023, 10:35 AM   #415
Edward64
Head Coach

Hah, pretty funny.
Old 03-02-2023, 10:56 AM   #416
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

God I hate Newark. Just sat on the runway over an hour because there were 30 planes in front of us for takeoff.

In other news we got Clear, its pretty baller
Old 03-02-2023, 12:09 PM   #417
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
It's always nice when family has your back

Both of which are illegal to be in checked luggage. His family is right about him being a total dumbass. Should be a 5yr ban from flying and pass a written test to get back on a plane.

Like Steam?

Old 03-02-2023, 12:26 PM   #418
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Both of which are illegal to be in checked luggage. His family is right about him being a total dumbass. Should be a 5yr ban from flying and pass a written test to get back on a plane.

By the sounds of it, he might need to get used to driving everywhere

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-02-2023 at 12:26 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 12:33 PM   #419
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I read the China one was false. The Northern Lights is true.

I would hate to be within 10 ft of the ribs guy. The smell must have been overwhelming.

The worst part is, I read a description of that yellow blob that's the other side dish, and apparently it's corn on the cob covered in mayo and Italian cheese. This was from a place in the Glascow airport. I am not a mayo fan to begin with, but that concoction is a crime against humanity.
Old 03-02-2023, 03:58 PM   #420
Edward64
Head Coach

Had to google on it. Apparently it is a thing. And if the first page of my results can be believed, it's a Mexican thing.
Old 03-06-2023, 10:15 AM   #421
Edward64
Head Coach

Scary stuff. Video shows smoke filling up the cabin (which I would not have thought would happen with an engine failure).

Looks like a bigger jet in the video. Wonder what would have happen if it was one of those 50 seater Bombardier jets.

Southwest flight to Ft. Lauderdale returns to Havana after issue due to bird strikes, airline says | CNN
Quote:
A Southwest Airlines flight bound for Fort Lauderdale was forced to return to Havana, Cuba, on Sunday morning after reportedly experiencing bird strikes, the carrier says.

In a statement to CNN Sunday, Southwest said the plane suffered bird strikes.

“Southwest flight #3923 departing Havana, Cuba, for Fort Lauderdale, Florida, on Sunday morning reportedly experienced bird strikes to an engine and the aircraft’s nose shortly after takeoff,” the statement said. “The pilots safely returned to Havana where customers evacuated the aircraft via slides due to the observation of smoke in the cabin.”
Old 03-06-2023, 12:49 PM   #422
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Had to google on it. Apparently it is a thing. And if the first page of my results can be believed, it's a Mexican thing.

Are we talking about elotes, here? Because elotes are fantastic. But also, I've been to Scotland (and Glasgow) and I can guarantee you anything approximating elotes from an eatery there will be terrible.
Old 03-06-2023, 01:22 PM   #423
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Are we talking about elotes, here? Because elotes are fantastic. But also, I've been to Scotland (and Glasgow) and I can guarantee you anything approximating elotes from an eatery there will be terrible.

Yes, that's what I saw when I googled.

Never been to Scotland but based on my dining experiences in London, I don't disagree.
Old 03-06-2023, 02:23 PM   #424
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Scary stuff. Video shows smoke filling up the cabin (which I would not have thought would happen with an engine failure).

Looks like a bigger jet in the video. Wonder what would have happen if it was one of those 50 seater Bombardier jets.

Southwest flight to Ft. Lauderdale returns to Havana after issue due to bird strikes, airline says | CNN

Folks....the masks in the overhead will not protect you from a smoke situation. Punching and breaking them open to get at them won't matter. They are only designed to provide enough oxygen in the event the cabin loses pressure. They will not do anything for you, or keep smoke out if you put them on. I know that doesn't help from the fear standpoint, but it's something that you should understand. Airflow through the plane is your best friend, in this situation, depressurizing the plane would have been the next step if they were not able to put the plane back on the ground in short order. Chances are, they didn't have enough time to get that deep into the checklists before they had to land.

Like Steam?

Old 03-16-2023, 06:59 AM   #425
Edward64
Head Coach

I've been through the 5 best airports listed below.

Singapore, Doha, Incheon are certainly worthy, I spent enough time wandering about those international terminals.

I don't remember Tokyo or Paris impressing me much. But I'm assuming the awards are for entire airport experience and not just the international terminal section.

I've also been through Seattle which is the best in US at #18. Melbourne is listed at #19. It's been years for Seattle so can't comment. Melbourne international terminal really didn't impress me at all and surprised to find it at #19.

The world's best airports for 2023, according to Skytrax | CNN
Quote:
1. Singapore Changi Airport

2. Hamad International Airport

3. Tokyo International Airport (Haneda)

4. Incheon International Airport

5. Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport

Last edited by Edward64 : 03-16-2023 at 07:00 AM.
Old 03-16-2023, 09:05 AM   #426
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Surprised Seattle is top rated. The security lines there are routinely a hot mess.
Old 04-02-2023, 08:50 AM   #427
Edward64
Head Coach

This would definitely scare me. I don't know where the plane was in its "speeding down the runway" but I can only imagine the braking and the passengers' WTF.

Looking forward to read more about the Learjet pilot and get his POV.

Delta flight aborts takeoff as Learjet approaches New Orleans runway
Quote:
Just as Delta Flight 1482 was speeding down the runway to take off Friday night, it screeched to an emergency stop. The Federal Aviation Administration said a private Learjet rolling on the tarmac got too close for comfort.

According to the FAA, the Learjet never crossed the “hold short line,” and the air traffic controller canceled the takeoff clearance for the Delta Airbus A321 out of an abundance of caution.

Richins said his plane remained on the tarmac nearly 45 minutes before returning to the gate to allow the jet’s brakes to cool down. He said passengers could hear and feel the thump of shredded rubber from the plane’s tires, damaged during the emergency stop.
Old 04-02-2023, 09:15 AM   #428
Edward64
Head Coach

Changed thread title to include "Travel experiences".

Just wanted to comment on below. I do tip housekeepers consistently and doormen/concierge (inconsistently, when they hail me a cab or hold my luggage till the end of the day). I've seen housekeepers work as I pass by in the hallways and I can only imagine the crap they have to take care of.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/04/01/how-...at-hotels.html
Quote:
When you stay at a hotel, do you tip?

Most people think you should. In a recent survey from hotel software firm Canary Technologies, 79% of hotel guests said they think workers should get tips. But hotel workers in the survey said only about 30% of guests typically tip.
When I was travelling a lot, I'd generally leave $10 for the 3 nights, 4 days. I also leave any spare change as I hate carrying them. However, I did wait till the checkout day which below says not to do.

Quote:
Housekeepers: Plan on tipping $3 to $5 per day, or, if you have a bigger crew, $1 per person. But don’t tally it up and leave a big tip at the end, says Gottsman. “Housekeepers change shifts daily. The person you get today might not be the person you get tomorrow. Leave tips daily.”

Last edited by Edward64 : 04-02-2023 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-02-2023, 09:29 AM   #429
Ksyrup

Best April Fools article I saw yesterday was one about Delta lessening the overcrowding in its Sky Clubs by not allowing anyone in. "Access for everyone means access for none, or something like that." But, Delta would still send Sky Club cards to signify membership.
Old 04-03-2023, 06:48 PM   #430
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I flew JetBlue for the first time (DCA to FLL and back) and it was the best flying experience I've ever had. Everything was easy, fast, and comfortable (as it can get). Maybe I had real low expectations having flown United a lot, but I was very pleased by the experience.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 01:10 AM   #431
molson
General Manager

I took JetBlue Portland to Boston a lot in my law school days, it was pretty great. I think it was around $200 RT.

They teased us and came to Boise briefly, with just a Boise-NYC direct flight (Boise's longest non-stop flight by far, so that was a big deal), but, they left after a year.

Last edited by molson : 04-04-2023 at 01:11 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 10:30 PM   #432
Edward64
Head Coach

This is pretty cool. I like it when CEOs really try to understand what employees are going through.

Uber CEO Became Undercover Boss in Used Tesla, Surprised by Rude Riders
Quote:
Uber's CEO moonlighted as a driver to find out why the company was having trouble signing up more drivers. He was surprised to find out just how many issues there were — and how unpleasant some riders could be.

Dara Khosrowshahi, the CEO of Uber, told The Wall Street Journal that he secretly signed up as a driver in September last year to better understand the Uber-employee experience amid a slowdown in recruitment.
When I was travelling for work, I always found myself socializing with the Uber driver (e.g. he was never on a headset, like NY yellow cabs, talking loudly in a foreign language with friends & family). I like to think I was always polite and never slammed the car door (Uber guy told me they don't like that). Asked if he liked Uber, why not Lyft, does he make money, where to go for dinner etc.

I've never asked for a unexpected stop but have had Uber drivers asked if they can stop at a gas station to visit the restroom.

Quote:
Five Uber drivers recently interviewed by Insider said they frequently encountered rudeness, no tips, late arrivals, and requests for stops at drive-thrus or convenience stores.

FWIW, just a note on Grab, an Uber like service in Asia. I've used it in Philippines, Malaysia, and Thailand. Definitely just as convenient vs hailing a cab, but I've always found them lacking compared to Uber. Essentially glorified taxi cab drivers that migrated to Grab, same attitude and not caring about user experience.

I've taken Uber in Greece and Australia, similar good experiences as in the US.

Last edited by Edward64 : 04-08-2023 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-09-2023, 08:28 AM   #433
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

When I drove Lyft, I very rarely dealt with rudeness. I did get stiffed on tips most of the time, though. It seemed like 90% of my rides were for kids going to work at fast food, or taking Walmart employees to work. These were like $5-6 dollar rides most of the time. I would usually get tips on rides for adults going longer distance, but that was about it.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 01:55 PM   #434
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

The general public is rude to service employees? :surprisedpikachuface:
Old 04-12-2023, 04:01 PM   #435
bob
College Starter

Super post-script on my travel to Iceland.

To their credit, Icelandair did in fact reimbursement for the hotel and meals in Boston during our return to the US.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 01:16 PM   #436
molson
General Manager

I think it's 3-4 consecutive trips for me with some kind of hiccup - our plane was 2+ hours late coming into Boise so we were going to miss our connection on our way to Greece today.

There was another option online (just one - it's always an adventure traveling from Boise) but no seats available for the long flight except economy plus which were $250+ I called in and they just gave me those for free. So, not ideal, middle seats for a flight from Denver to London now, but, always good to call, especially if the issue was mechanical, which it seems to have been here. I think it also helps to use the specific, different number that pops up online when when it's telling you're fucked and have to change something - that gets you right through.

I try to get longer connections, 3+ hours ideally on a trip like this, it's a very small insurance policy of an extra hour or two to save a lot of stress, but, this trip was booked 8 or 9 months ago and the schedule has changed 5-6 times since them between the trip there and back, wiping out some of my good layover plans.

Last edited by molson : 04-15-2023 at 01:17 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 08:53 AM   #437
Edward64
Head Coach

I think most 22 week pregnant women can bend over and pick up stuff. She was possibly really large at that time though.

But his bitching comes through as whiny so no sympathy for him. Smells of entitlement. I'd think the 5 year old could help out mommy.

Anthony Bass: Toronto Blue Jays pitcher claims flight attendant 'made' his pregnant wife clean up after their child, fueling heated Twitter debate | CNN
Quote:
Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Anthony Bass has sparked heated debate on social media after claiming that a United Airlines employee “made” his pregnant wife clean up food mess left by his children on a flight.

“The flight attendant @united just made my 22 week pregnant wife traveling with a 5 year old and 2 year old get on her hands and knees to pick up the popcorn mess by my youngest daughter. Are you kidding me?!?!,” Bass wrote on Twitter.

Last edited by Edward64 : 04-19-2023 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-19-2023, 09:26 AM   #438
miked
College Starter

I've seen people cutting their toenails on flights and worse. Airlines have cleaning crews that could very easily handle a handful of popcorn. One of these things where the publicity is not beneficial for UA (or any legacy carrier) as they nickel and dime their customers for more fees and have been canceling flights due to crew issues all year.
Old 04-19-2023, 06:02 PM   #439
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Isn't part of the cost of purchasing a seat on an airplane the cleanup of the plane afterwards?
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 07:25 PM   #440
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
I've seen people cutting their toenails on flights and worse. Airlines have cleaning crews that could very easily handle a handful of popcorn. One of these things where the publicity is not beneficial for UA (or any legacy carrier) as they nickel and dime their customers for more fees and have been canceling flights due to crew issues all year.

Yes, I've seen the toenail thing once. I wondered why the flight attendant didn't tell the guy to stop.
Old 04-19-2023, 07:45 PM   #441
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Isn't part of the cost of purchasing a seat on an airplane the cleanup of the plane afterwards?

Lets just say, that maybe you're not wrong. Maybe, this should be how it is. But, let's also say, that now, every single person on the plane does this, because it's expected. Many things would happen because I will tell you, you couldn't turn a plane around in 45 minutes. such as,:

Much higher ticket prices
Fewer flights
Dirtier planes

So.....idk?

Like Steam?

Old 04-20-2023, 05:59 AM   #442
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Its like a movie theater. If you make a giant mess, at least try to make it easier for the people cleaning.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 02:22 PM   #443
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Lets just say, that maybe you're not wrong. Maybe, this should be how it is. But, let's also say, that now, every single person on the plane does this, because it's expected. Many things would happen because I will tell you, you couldn't turn a plane around in 45 minutes. such as,:

Much higher ticket prices
Fewer flights
Dirtier planes

So.....idk?

Is every person on the plane a two year old?

I am not sure this is a real thing that happened or happened exactly as described. If it did, it is a ridiculous power play that might have gone really badly with a different individual. If the kid is just throwing the popcorn on the ground without eating it or throwing at other passengers, then sure then the kid can't have popcorn. I do sympathize with the people who have to clean up the popcorn and completely understand cussing the mother out under my breath for giving the little so-and-so the popcorn that they will have to clean up later on. I don't believe they would have asked an adult especially a man to clean up the popcorn if he dropped the popcorn on the ground.

Speaking of people wanting to do the same thing that infants do...

Passenger on Orlando flight led away by police after epic tantrum over a crying child | US | News | Express.co.uk

Quote:
He can be heard screaming: “I paid for a ticket to have a f****** comfortable flight. That child has been crying for 40 minutes."

Sir, you were flying to Orlando, Florida. The fact that you only had one baby crying for 40 minutes is a bleeping comfortable flight!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 02:42 PM   #444
PilotMan
Head Coach

There's a real difference between someone dropping a few pieces and someone making a really big mess. It's pretty much up to the FA to set the standards on the plane. My point was responding to the point that you can do what you want because someone else will clean it. And sure, someone will, however, people can do better, because allowing it for one, accepts it for all. That was it. I didn't look at the article, I've only followed along with it at the periphery, so I can't speak to this particular event. Kids make messes. I think that's to be expected. Some parents are of the mindset though, that they shouldn't lift a finger for their kids on a plane, and when you see plenty of that too, it changes the expectation for what you would like to see.

As for that other guy. Only heard part of his rant, but know enough that he's really going to regret all that and all this attention. He sounded just like that baby.

Like Steam?

Old 04-21-2023, 04:55 PM   #445
bob
College Starter

Anyone been to Lisbon before? Have family going, looking to pass along recommendations.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 05:07 PM   #446
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Smells of entitlement.

But could anything smell more of entitlement than the general behavior of airlines over the past few years?
Old 04-21-2023, 05:18 PM   #447
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Anyone been to Lisbon before? Have family going, looking to pass along recommendations.

I have been, but it was 20 years ago. The airport is just north of the main part of town. The old town section was really interesting, as was the castle. They have their version of the Golden Gate Bridge. Tons of great seafood restaurants along the riverfront.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 05:58 PM   #448
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

This man is an asshole but also an artist.

Reddit - Dive into anything

Nothing that exciting happened on our trip. Closest was:

1. The woman sitting in front of my wife looking at her nude selfies and hundreds of other selfies she took on her trip.

2. Waiting for 2 people to board after the plane had already started to taxi. The woman behind us was explaining to her child that they wouldn't have done that if the couple looked like them. The couple then went to the bathroom at the same time and got a look from the flight attendant when they got back there.

Also, it seems at some point in their 50s all men try to look like either Scott Steiner, Bill Goldberg or Big Bam Bigelow.
Old 04-21-2023, 06:06 PM   #449
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
This man is an asshole but also an artist.

Reddit - Dive into anything

Nothing that exciting happened on our trip. Closest was:

1. The woman sitting in front of my wife looking at her nude selfies and hundreds of other selfies she took on her trip.

2. Waiting for 2 people to board after the plane had already started to taxi. The woman behind us was explaining to her child that they wouldn't have done that if the couple looked like them. The couple then went to the bathroom at the same time and got a look from the flight attendant when they got back there.

Also, it seems at some point in their 50s all men try to look like either Scott Steiner, Bill Goldberg or Big Bam Bigelow.

After plane began to taxi? As in door was closed, and the wheels were moving?

I don't think I've seen that before for late passengers. Once it's closed, it's closed.

(I've had planes return to gate because of a mechanical thing or we missed the crew window of X hours).
Old 04-21-2023, 06:24 PM   #450
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
After plane began to taxi? As in door was closed, and the wheels were moving?

I don't think I've seen that before for late passengers. Once it's closed, it's closed.

(I've had planes return to gate because of a mechanical thing or we missed the crew window of X hours).

Yep. It was board on the tarmac but everything has been closed. Evidently they were that important.