Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-01-2006, 08:51 PM   #101
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
stupid OOC question...how many posts per page do you guys view at a time...i used to use 20 because i thought it was more managable, but i am at 50 now, with the intent to be able to make page references throughout the game.

I use 50.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:55 PM   #102
SackAttack
Head Coach

50 here as well, but that's for everything.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:59 PM   #103
SnDvls
Pro Starter

50 for me too
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:00 PM   #104
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

50 pages aussi.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:06 PM   #105
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I use 50 as well.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:06 PM   #106
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
fitty
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:23 PM   #107
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:25 PM   #108
kingfc22
Head Coach

Old 03-01-2006, 09:27 PM   #109
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
Not quite, although Disney did adapt it, so I can see the confusion.

The reference was (keep in mind I last read these 15 years ago, so my recollection may be off some), Bre'r Fox is forever chasing after Bre'r Rabbit, who routinely gets the best of him. At one point, Bre'r Fox catches him, and Bre'r Rabbit pleads "please don't throw me in the briar patch."

Bre'r Fox, wanting to cause him anguish, promptly does that...'cept the Briar Patch is Bre'r Rabbit's home.

Reverse psychology.
Good Ol' Uncle Remus. They don't make em like that anymore, literally. You definately won't see it on Disney these days. But that is best left to another thread.

Of course in WW, I wouldn't recommend you go begging for a lynch, hoping for the reverse. And don't go swingin at Dat Tar Baby.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:29 PM   #110
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
Good Ol' Uncle Remus. They don't make em like that anymore, literally. You definately won't see it on Disney these days. But that is best left to another thread.

Of course in WW, I wouldn't recommend you go begging for a lynch, hoping for the reverse. And don't go swingin at Dat Tar Baby.
Actually, it usually works. In most cases, the person self-voting does not get lynched....only recently has that started to change.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:33 PM   #111
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
If anybody starts talking like Jar Jar, they are my first pick to swing from the post.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:07 PM   #112
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'd encourage the seer or whoever or whatever to scan me.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:42 PM   #113
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
stupid OOC question...how many posts per page do you guys view at a time...i used to use 20 because i thought it was more managable, but i am at 50 now, with the intent to be able to make page references throughout the game.

I've always been on 50.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:44 PM   #114
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'd also encourage anyone to view into my heart. There is no taint of the darkside within me. I'm an honorable Jedi Knight.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:33 PM   #115
JeeberD
General Manager

50. Anything else would be uncivilized...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 11:33 PM   #116
JeeberD
General Manager

Dola-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I'd also encourage anyone to view into my heart. There is no taint of the darkside within me. I'm an honorable Jedi Knight.

Only a Sith would double post and not use "Dola". I'm on to you, Doc...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 11:39 PM   #117
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Dola-

Only a Sith would double post and not use "Dola". I'm on to you, Doc...

I guess I'm just used to a game with Blade in it where it is virtually impossible to get a dola post in
Old 03-02-2006, 12:42 AM   #118
hoopsguy
General Manager

Eagles, I had the same thought when I read Jeeber's comments

So I haven't seen much conversation yet on how people think the game mechanics will play out in this one. I'll start - what do we think the ratio ("villager" vs "wolf") is going to be in this game with 23 players?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:50 AM   #119
saldana
Pro Starter

It is the middle of the night, but a ripple runs through the Force with such strength that you all are awoken by it. It is again something that is unfamiliar to you. The cruiser's comlink chirps...Master Jedi Saldana is summoning you all to the galley again.

You all arrive to find him seated in the center of the room, much like he was earlier in the night, the same calm serenity on his face, the same assuredness you have become accustomed to from a member of the Jedi Council.

"My worst fears are apparently true. We on the Council have for some time felt a disturbance in the Force, yet we have not been able to determine its source. Each time we have tried to find the cause of the ripple you all just felt, it has escaped our search at the last moment."

"I am sure you are not aware of what that surge of the Force was, because it is not something that you would ever have experienced before. In fact, no Jedi alive has ever felt it until right now, for what I now know to be the cause of the disturbance has always remained hidden from us, content to hide in the darkness."

"The Dark Side of the Force is a powerful lure. It promises power over other men. It promises strength like you have never known. But these are empty promises. The Dark Side feeds on hatred and anger and fear, and the power that it yields is fleeting at best. The jealousy an ambition it breeds are what caused the downfall of those who tried to harness it thousands of years ago. We on the Council had thought that the Sith were truly gone, but it is now apparent to me that someone amongst us has turned from the Path of the Jedi. Has turned away from his teachings, and from the Force. It is only a matter of time before..."

Master Saldana's words halt suddenly. His serene features become visibly shocked. One hand reaches for his Lightsaber, the other for his own throat. His eyes begin to bulge from his head as he gasps for breath. Before any of you have an opportunity to aid your Jedi Master, he sags to the floor, the life choked from his body by an invisible hand....by the Dark Side of the Force. You stare stunned at his now lifeless body.

Who could be powerful enough to strike down such a powerful Jedi without even wielding a lightsaber?!

Looks of disbelief are exchanged by all of the Jedi in the room. Master Saldana had told you of the need to control your fear, but in the face of such an obviously powerful enemy, such control will be difficult, all the more so now that you are on your own with Master Saldana to lead you.

It is now Day 1. Votes must be posted by 9:30PM EST, and must be posted in bold. you may unvote and revote in the same post.

May the Force be with you all.

Last edited by saldana : 03-02-2006 at 12:52 AM.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:00 AM   #120
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy

So I haven't seen much conversation yet on how people think the game mechanics will play out in this one. I'll start - what do we think the ratio ("villager" vs "wolf") is going to be in this game with 23 players?

19/4 with the ability to convert.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:05 AM   #121
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
19/4 with the ability to convert.

I hate the freakin ability to convert. It has changed the outcome some games when a conversion will come with just 5 or so players left. I'm thinking the ratio is probably something like 18-5 and I hope no ability to convert(although if it is in there it probably is 19-4.)
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:07 AM   #122
SackAttack
Head Coach

saldana must've had the fish.

Over Rio Grande.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:13 AM   #123
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
I hate the freakin ability to convert. It has changed the outcome some games when a conversion will come with just 5 or so players left. I'm thinking the ratio is probably something like 18-5 and I hope no ability to convert(although if it is in there it probably is 19-4.)

Unfortunately, I think the Star Wars universe is prone to having conversions. Master Saldana mentioning "The Dark Side of the Force is a powerful lure." would indicate that a Jedi can fall to dark side.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:23 AM   #124
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Unfortunately, I think the Star Wars universe is prone to having conversions. Master Saldana mentioning "The Dark Side of the Force is a powerful lure." would indicate that a Jedi can fall to dark side.

AHHH..too true. I guess I wasn't thinking as much as I was hoping something I never really cared for about the game wasn't included. I'm guessing the 19-4 is probably the number we are looking at right now then.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:20 AM   #125
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
saldana must've had the fish.

Over Rio Grande.

I thought it was Nacho Grande...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:56 AM   #126
cartman
Death Herald

I can't tell you how happy I am to not see any Jar-Jar speak.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:10 AM   #127
hoopsguy
General Manager

Not since Post #26, anyways ...

Courtesy of Qwikshot
Quote:
Meesa Don't Wanta Diy-A!
Old 03-02-2006, 08:47 AM   #128
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

I am going to be out all day today, but I want to make sure that I get a vote in, even if it will be wrong. I will try to get back and change my vote to reflect what we learn today.
I used a random number generator to determine my vote:
Vote Kingfc
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:18 AM   #129
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I would encourage the seerr or whoever not to scan me.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:19 AM   #130
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
I would encourage the seerr or whoever not to scan me.

lol, this made me laugh this morning I was getting a kick however out of all of the people asking for seer scans on day 1.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:33 AM   #131
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, so for people who think that the game will break out with 19-4 or 18-5 what kind of factions do you expect to see? Just one block or multiple groups?

I'm pretty sure that I'm not the biggest Star Wars fanboy on this message board, but I don't ever recall having more than two Sith at a time in any of the movies - master and student. The closest they ever came to three was with trying to bring Luke over to the dark side.

But if this is taking place thousands of years before that time then maybe that is how we get 4-5 dark jedi. I'll defer to someone who has read the books or has a stronger recollection of history references in the movies.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:36 AM   #132
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Not since Post #26, anyways ...

Courtesy of Qwikshot

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:40 AM   #133
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK, so for people who think that the game will break out with 19-4 or 18-5 what kind of factions do you expect to see? Just one block or multiple groups?

I'm pretty sure that I'm not the biggest Star Wars fanboy on this message board, but I don't ever recall having more than two Sith at a time in any of the movies - master and student. The closest they ever came to three was with trying to bring Luke over to the dark side.

But if this is taking place thousands of years before that time then maybe that is how we get 4-5 dark jedi. I'll defer to someone who has read the books or has a stronger recollection of history references in the movies.

I'm not a huge starwars follower either, but I've seen all the movies at least.

Maybe its like 1 Dark master, and one pupil, then the master has the ability to convert someone to the dark side each time his pupil dies? That seems somewhat realistic maybe?
Old 03-02-2006, 09:45 AM   #134
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
lol, this made me laugh this morning I was getting a kick however out of all of the people asking for seer scans on day 1.

I'm a n00b at this game, only participating one other time, and I got killed off rather quickly in that one. Can some one fill me in on what a "seer scan" is?
Old 03-02-2006, 09:46 AM   #135
hoopsguy
General Manager

All is forgiven (but not forgotten) at this point, Qwik
Old 03-02-2006, 10:06 AM   #136
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman
I'm a n00b at this game, only participating one other time, and I got killed off rather quickly in that one. Can some one fill me in on what a "seer scan" is?

a common role assignment is some form of the seer...each night that player can "view" another player in the game and find out the other persons role

noteosted for informational purposes only, not as a declaration of what roles may or may not be in this game
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:23 AM   #137
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, that does make sense to me but there has to be some end point as well in terms of conversions (I would think).
Old 03-02-2006, 10:28 AM   #138
Barkeep49
Coordinator

There has to be limit to it however unlike what Alan is suggesting otherwise the Jedi could never win.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:36 AM   #139
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I would think that we are starting out with several due to the rules description by Saldana in the first post. I guess it would depend on what you defined "run of the mill" rules.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:01 AM   #140
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Jedi checking in, sorry I have been quiet, I went to a Dropkick Murphys show in Manhatten yesterday and I just woke up.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:02 AM   #141
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think we are looking at 4-5 Sith. Maybe 3 if they have a really powerful conversion ability. 5 original Sith would be the max, I suspect.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:02 AM   #142
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote AlanT
Old 03-02-2006, 11:04 AM   #143
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93

I see it being very unlikely that there is no conversion. A big part of the Star Wars Mythos is the fall from the glorious path of the Jedi. The interesting question: Could there be any chance for redemption? Probably not, as it would be a tough game mechanic to balance.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:06 AM   #144
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Vote Lathum. Voting with-out an explanation does nothing to help the Jedi.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:09 AM   #145
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola (Maybe ) -

Well, others have already said the same thing, I said about conversions. My guess is that the Sith might be able to convert more than 1, but that it will be limited by either time or perhaps their convertee dying, or perhaps even both. If they can convert more than 1 person (I would think 2 would probably be the max) then I think we might only have 3 original Sith. Of course, these are just guesses on my part.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:12 AM   #146
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Vote Lathum. Voting with-out an explanation does nothing to help the Jedi.
are you serious? it's day one, everyone votes without explination.

btw I picked alanT because I think his suggestion about a sith lord being able to convert a new pupil preposterous and he may be leading us down the wrong path on purpous.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:13 AM   #147
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
are you serious? it's day one, everyone votes without explination.

btw I picked alanT because I think his suggestion about a sith lord being able to convert a new pupil preposterous and he may be leading us down the wrong path on purpous.

I didn't find it preposterous. Actually, I'm guessing that the same thing might be possible. It certainly fits with the Star Wars Mythos.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:26 AM   #148
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
We on the Council had thought that the Sith were truly gone, but it is now apparent to me that someone amongst us has turned from the Path of the Jedi. Has turned away from his teachings, and from the Force. It is only a matter of time before..."

Who could be powerful enough to strike down such a powerful Jedi without even wielding a lightsaber?!
I know we are trying to figure out what the numbers could be, but it seems as though Saldana was using singular references in his description. Maybe there is only one Sith Lord to start and he has to convert pupils. Just a thought but that would follow the whole Star Wars story line alittle closer than having 4-5 to start.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:33 AM   #149
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I didn't find it preposterous. Actually, I'm guessing that the same thing might be possible. It certainly fits with the Star Wars Mythos.
so then how would the game end? by killing the sith lord?
Old 03-02-2006, 11:43 AM   #150
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
so then how would the game end? by killing the sith lord?
That vampire game was crazy!! Fozzie converted me(im still pissed he tried to frame me by converting me)...is he in this one? Either way, that game was crazy! Thanks for reminding me!
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote