Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > Dark Cloud's Personal Playground
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: How many teams should make SLOP's playoffs?
10 teams in years when a 2nd wild card has a better record than a division champ. (CPR rule) 1 10.00%
6 teams (top 3 teams in each league regardless of record) (current rule) 4 40.00%
6 teams (two division champs and 1 wild card regardless of division) 6 60.00%
10 teams (five teams in each league) 1 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Playoff rules ?

I sort of ram-rodded the death of the CPR rule. It wasn't really meant to be like that, but...I thought there needed to be some consistency on the rule. My original intent with that rule was to increase interest and participation and to "give everyone a shot" but...I am curious to hear what folks think about the playoffs and how they ought to be.

This is a non-binding poll, so alas we'll do multiple choice. I'm just looking for feedback for future reference. No matter what got decided here, the playoffs for this upcoming year will remain as they are now, so any prospective changes wouldn't happen until the 1871 season at the absolute earliest.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Notice there is no 4 teams (only division champs) option. I considered adding one, but in a 20 team league with 20 active owners, that just seems too small to me...unless there was a significant majority in favor of such a change.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
robster1225
Mascot

I prefer smaller playoffs. So I voted for both of the 6 team options. I do prefer the division champs and 1 wild card, but I'm not sure I have any real substantial reasoning for that preference.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #4
sttfrk
n00b

I voted for division winners plus 1 wild card since we have divisions. Really though, since we played a balance schedule, we could do away with the divisions and just have the top 4 teams in each league make the playoffs.

Last edited by sttfrk : 02-20-2013 at 09:34 PM.
sttfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:33 AM   #5
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

No love for the CPR Rule!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:34 AM   #6
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by sttfrk View Post
I voted for division winners plus 1 wild card since we have divisions. Really though, since we played a balance schedule, we could do away with the divisions and just have the top 4 teams in each league make the playoffs.

I sort of hate 4-team playoffs because a top seed goes all year cleaning the clock of the #4 and then lose to them in the 1st round. I don't mind it as much if that team has to clear a hurdle first while more tired.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #7
Gomer
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
I sort of hate 4-team playoffs because a top seed goes all year cleaning the clock of the #4 and then lose to them in the 1st round. I don't mind it as much if that team has to clear a hurdle first while more tired.

F*CK SUBBY
Gomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #8
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

After this year of top 3 teams in league regardless of division, we'll go back to division champs and wild card (regardless of division) starting next year, based on this poll's results. Not definitive, but more spoke up for that option than keeping it how it is and that's over 60% of the league if I voted too.