Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-01-2020, 09:43 AM   #1
Ronmun29
n00b

Attendance Questions

OK
I began a SP game using the 1983 LA Raiders roster. My team late season is mirroring the real life success, albeit in a league structure of 2016 (could not find a way to set the divisions and teams from 1983)
The game filled teams that did not exist such as Jaguars, Ravens, Texans...up with roster fillers.
My Raiders are 10-2.
My attendance is averaging 16.000 in a 90.000 seat stadium.
What are the keys to get people to come?

Winning? Check
Exciting? Most of the home wins thus far have been blowouts...but I can let up at the end if that helps lol.
Quality of opponents?

Thanks all!

Ronmun29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:30 AM   #2
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Ticket prices is perhaps mire crucial, the quality (record) of the opponent and recent results have some influence. Player popularity rating is also a minor factor.

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 07-01-2020 at 11:32 AM.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:37 AM   #3
Ronmun29
n00b

Thank you!
The season began past the point where I can set prices, will try to alter them next season...it seems to begin a career at training camp.
I look at the attendance for the rest of the league, even the 1-11 Jaguars and 3-9 Texans are averaging near their capacity...it would kind of suck if the program just makes my ticket prices the worst at the beginning and not give me a chance to change them until my second season.
Amazingly, I note that I am profitable it seems...great tv contract lol.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:35 PM   #4
triplykely
Mascot

Cities all have various economic conditions unless turned off when beginning a new game. Since Oakland moves to Las Vegas if you play another team you may simply be dealing with a poor Oakland economy. If you keep having winning seasons and adjust ticket prices you’ll max out attendance, just a more difficult initial state being Oakland. Try a Packers franchise for the opposite effect.

Last edited by triplykely : 07-01-2020 at 06:36 PM.
triplykely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 11:15 PM   #5
tzach
High School JV

curious to see what you get in year 2 after rexing ticket prices. as mentioned above, most of the issues with attendance are related to fan support and economics.i presume you didn't check the box 'Level economic playing field' ?
tzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 02:28 AM   #6
Ronmun29
n00b

No, didn't want to "cheat" but went back and restarted the season 3 times just to see. Each season had the exact same number of season tickets sold in the beginning 14,400.
I only played 1 home game in each of those three, and attendance exactly the same at 21,900.
These lead me to believe that the attendance is somehow hardcoded.
In the restart I also clicked to make a stadium proposal but it said that I already have a move approved, which was very strange.
Old 07-04-2020, 02:32 AM   #7
Ronmun29
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplykely View Post
Cities all have various economic conditions unless turned off when beginning a new game. Since Oakland moves to Las Vegas if you play another team you may simply be dealing with a poor Oakland economy. If you keep having winning seasons and adjust ticket prices you’ll max out attendance, just a more difficult initial state being Oakland. Try a Packers franchise for the opposite effect.

This is the 1983 season when they were technically in LA, although the game sort of forces a 2019 setup... so it may be planning a move to Vegas if that move is hardcoded into the 2019 setup.

As an aside it is interesting playing the 1983 season with teams such as the Jaguars and Texans which did not really exist then. The program filled their rosters with quality 0 players, but one QB, for the Panthers, is actually having a decent season.
Old 07-05-2020, 12:42 AM   #8
tzach
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronmun29 View Post
No, didn't want to "cheat" but went back and restarted the season 3 times just to see. Each season had the exact same number of season tickets sold in the beginning 14,400.
I only played 1 home game in each of those three, and attendance exactly the same at 21,900.
These lead me to believe that the attendance is somehow hardcoded.
In the restart I also clicked to make a stadium proposal but it said that I already have a move approved, which was very strange.

you would have to have restarted the career to see random attendance numbers coming up due to different economics and team support. once you are in a season, restarting will give you the same attendance indeed.
tzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 08:34 AM   #9
MIJB#19
Coordinator

That exact same attendance figure only applies to week 1, where all the circumstances are (pretty much) the same. From week 2 and further, there will be minor changes (from own record, opponent record) that will give you an increase or decrease of several 1,000s, but it won't magically go from 21K to 50K in attendance.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 06:05 PM   #10
Ronmun29
n00b

I peeked through some of the tabs...all of them actually.
This game set in 1983 already has a move to Las Vegas in 2020 approved...37 years in the future??
This is likely what drives down my attendance... is it hardcoded into the game? That seems odd...between 83 and 2020 there would be moves to Oakland from LA, then the move to Vegas...but none of them should be hardcoded in a game that allows you to request a moe yourself.
What if I was playing the 2018 season and wanted to move my team to Calgary? I could not, because the move to Vegas has already been approved...
Yes, I just tried that in a new career.
There must be a way to turn that off that I have not found??
Old 07-05-2020, 06:33 PM   #11
NawlinsFan
High School Varsity

You may be onto something, remember, Jim did not code this for historical leagues and using modified roster files to give us some impression of being historical doesn't mean everything is there. The in-game drop down allows you to go back to '16 only and who knows, he may have captured any planned moves that were pending.

Be advised I also stumbled across a financial challenge when using the historical rosters. I set the cap to reflect that period but noticed that for the most part a player that hit FA would start looking for much larger contracts than would be expected, but if you renegotiated before they hit FA you could sign them at a reasonable, somewhat period, cost. My sample size is small and it may not be all that but don't be surprised if you run across something similar. Again, I think it is due to the games construct more than anything else.
NawlinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 09:59 PM   #12
Ronmun29
n00b

Thank you. Yes I noticed the free agency issue at the end end of my first season just now also.
Yes there are a few issues with historical seasons ..as I mentioned above also, is the fact that it is set to the 2019 framework, meaning that teams which didn't exist in 1983 such as the Jags, Ravens, Texans...are filled in with "roster filler" level talent...something interesting but not really enough to dissuade my enjoyment of the season.
Even the move 37 years in tb future lol, won't put me off if I cannot evade it, I just wish there was a way to turn it off, and even if I started a "modern" career, I probably would want a way to choose myself, not just be roped into a move I didn't choose.

Last edited by Ronmun29 : 07-05-2020 at 10:00 PM.