Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-26-2007, 09:42 AM   #1801
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Player List

Alan T - Human
Johnathan Ezarik - Sebastian (Replicant Target #2)
st. cronin - Holden (Blade Runner #2)
Cheif Rum - Gaff (Guard)
Barkeep49 - Leon (Brutal Replicant)
Lonestargirl - Human
Lathum - Human
RendeR - Human
path12 - Roy (Head Replicant)
Passacaglia - Human
Swaggs - Rachel (Secret Replicant)
Tele - Human
DaddyTorgo - Tyrell (Replicant Target #1)
KWhit - Human
bulletsponge - Priss (Seer Replicant)
ntndeacon - Human
twothree - Deckard (Blade Runner #1)
ardent enthusiast - Human

Complete Role Rules

Seabstian and Tyrell - If the wolves successfully killed on of these players they would blab and reveal a list of four players, one being the other target and the other three being randomly selected non-replicants. If the replicants then successfully killed the other target the immediately won the game. However, as Tyrell was shipped to Mars day two this possibility was quickly eliminated.

Deckard and Holden - Decard and Holden both had the ability to use the Voight-Kampff test on replicants at night, only on alternating nights. Decard would act on odd numbered nights and Holden on even numbered nights. However, undergoing a Voight-Kampff test is entirely voluntary on the part of the subject so obviously if you found someone you knew to be a replicant, and the replicant knew you knew they were a replicant, something would happen. Deckard is powerful, he had a 50% chance of outright killing any replicant he scanned and a 50% of surviving but being sent to hospital. Holden had a 50% chance of being hospitalised and a 50% chance of dying. When either of them scanned a player, the player name was revealed but whether they were Holden or Deckard (or Priss) was not. On odd numbered nights Deckard could also attempt to kill a player. However his department would not be happy if he ever hit someone and it turned out the target was human. In this situation his licence to kill would be temporarily revoked for the next odd numbered night and then given back the odd numbered night afterward. Two human kills in a row meant permenant removal of this privilege and kicked off the force all together i.e. no Voight-Kampff tests either.

Gaff - Gaff could protect players in order to prevent them being attacked at night. He could not however, as is sometimes the case in WW, observe any actions the players we was protecting may have made.

Priss - Every even night Priss could anonymously seduce a player and learn their role, if any. The player would be told they were seduced but not which player in the game did so.

Roy and Leon - Standard wolf roles. If killed, Leon would kill his attacker. Roy was the leader who did the killing. However, if Roy was killed one of the other replicants could (almost certainly would) give up their role in order to take the leader mantle and continue night kills. Example, Roy is killed to leave Priss and Leon. Leon decides to give up his role so he no longer acts as brutal if attacked but he can now kill at night.

Rachel - A secret role, even to the player. The player is informed that they are human, but given a dream the same as another player, who is human to simulate shared or artificial memories of an unkowing replicant. She counts as a replicant for all victory conditions. Rachel then plays the game as normal until one of three things happen:

1) Scanned by a Blade Runner (Holden or Deckard): In this instance Rachel and the Blade Runner in question fall in love and form a secret third team with their own victory conditions. If they both survie to the end of the game when the killswitch kills all the rebel replicants, or when all the rebel replicants have been voted off and killed, they win a personal victory.

2) Scanned by Priss: Rachel is revealed she is a replicant and is convinced to join the rebel replicants cause.

3) The killswitch is turned on (Night 5): Rachel has been going under a slow realisation that she is a replicant and tonight is when it finally clicks. Can choose own victory conditions, either win with the humans in which case she still counts as a replicant for victory totals so at some point must out herself, or join with the replicants but she does not know who they are until/unless Priss scans her.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:53 AM   #1802
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Everyone's intial dreams

Swaggs and Ardent

You wake up after a good night's sleep. You dreamt of when you were six years old and your mother brought home a tennis racket. You played tennis all day and grazed your knee on the concrete paving by the shed in your back yard. This time you keep your balance perfectly and don't graze your knee, propelling yourself to a career of future tennis stardom.

You are a human.

Alan T

You awake and rememeber a great dream of the girl in your Sociology class at college you had a thing for. This time you had the guts to say something and you ended up back at her place before you she turned into a tarantuala and ate pancakes.

You are a human.

Jonathan Ezarik

You awake after an uncomfortable sleep. You dreamt of the sun spinning out of control and crashing into your apartment, setting fire to the new furniture you purchased just last week.

You are Sebastian. If the Replicants are looking for both you and Tyrell. The first one of the two they find will be killed, the second persuaded to help them thus winning them the game.

st.cronin

You awake after a pleasant sleep. You don't remember much of your dream, except that it has left a great warm feeling down the side of you leg.

You are Holden, a Blade Runner. Every odd numbered night you may submit another player to the Voight-Kampff test to check if they are a replicant. The player you check is made aware of your identity as a Blade Runner. If you find a replicant they will incapacitate you, rendering you unable to vote or post or take any actions the next day and next night whilst you recover.

Chief Rum

You awake after a good night's sleep. You dreamt of a paper mache contest where you came second to Atilla the Hun, but only because the judge Gary Player was bribed godammit!

You are Gaff, a member of the police force. Every night you may choose a player to protect from Replicant attack. You may not choose the same player on consecutive nights. You may choose yourself. The player protected does not learn they were under protection, nor do they learn your identity. The Replicants do not learn your identity if they choose to attack a protected player.

Barkeep

You awake after a nap of sorts. You had that dream again, of the fire coming to eat your legs. You struggle, but you can never escape, only clawing marginaly firther up the cliffface each time.

You are Leon, a replicant. If a player attempts to kill you , you will take him with you. Your fellow replicants are path12, who is Roy your leader, and bulletsponge, who is Priss. You may communicate freely with them.

LoneStarGirl

You finally stir after a short sleep. You recall a brief dream of a memory, one from your 14th birthday party. This time you did get that bike you wanted. It was the best day of your life.

You are a human.

Lathum

You awake after a stuffy evening, but you did manage some sleep. You dreamt of a hazy night in San Diego where you are jumping across the street on a giant ping pong ball while chased by Janis Joplin. Very odd. You've never been to San Diego...

You are a human.

RendeR

You awake after a long dream about cheese and how many different types you could fit into your mouth at once. 328 it seems, altough to be fair you did have a very big mouth at the time.

You are a human.

path12

You awake after a violent sleep. Again, no dream, only thoughts of death and nightmares of a biblical hell you don't believe in yet nonetheless fear. Perhaps this is already hell.

You are Roy, leader of the replicants. Each night you may select one player to kill. Your fellow replicants are Barkeep49, who is Leon, and bulletsponge, who is Priss. You may comminicate with them freely.

Passacaglia

You awake after dreaming of a giant bunny rabbit rubbing up to you along side the Empire State Building. You are riding on its head when three military helicopters surround it and start firing flowers at the rabbit. You manage to jump across to the Brooklyn bridge before he turns into a huge plate of green jello.

You are human.

Telle

You awake following a night of passion. Or at least a wonderful dream of a night of passion. But that's the next best thing, right? Right?

You are human.

DaddyTorgo

You awake after an awkward night. You dreamt of him again, his perfectly etched face and chiseled body, crushing your ribs in one easy flick of his wrist. You rise in a cold sweat.

You are Tyrell, target of the replicants. The first one of you and Sebastian they find will be killed, then the second one convinced to help them. If they find both of you the replicants win the game.

KWhit

You rise after a sleepy night where once again you dreamt of the elephant shaped macaroni bus. Really, you need to stop eating cheese before going to bed.

You are human.

bulletsponge

You dream again of the same dream you have every night. You keep trying to grasp the glass but it keeps slipping, your hand knocking it jsut slightly firther out of reach with each lunge. Just as you summon all your strength for one final stretch you awake.

You are Priss, a replicant. Every even numbered night you may slip into another players quarters and seduce them, learning their role in the process. Your fellow replicants are Barkeep49, who is Leon and path12 who is Roy, your leader. You may communicate with them freely.

ntndeacon

You slip in and out of sleep all night, each time flitting into a dream about your dad the day he went to the lake. You keep trying to stop him but he never listens to you, each time saying he;ll be back, yet he never is.

You are human.

twothree

You dream of a horse, a white horse gliding through the countryside. So serene, so in controll and effortless, yet so powerful and sure of itself. You envy its grace and majesty, but more its conviction of movement.

You are Deckard, a Blade Runner. On even numbered nights you may use the Voight-Kampff test on a player to check if they are a replicant. On odd numbered nights starting on night 3 you may attempt to terminate a player. Your boss however is not patient and will allow only one wrong kill. If you kill a human you are stripped of your licence to kill for the next odd numbered night so must wait 4 days until a second attempt. If you kill a second human you are dumped off the force and are stripped of both the assasination ability and the Voight-Kampff checking for the rest of the game.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:07 AM   #1803
RendeR
Coordinator

Outstanding game design. Love the Rachel twist there, too bad we tossed swaggs fairly early on.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:11 AM   #1804
st.cronin
General Manager

Barkeep's ploy might have worked had bulletsponge been scanned night 1. That's probably what he was banking on.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:14 AM   #1805
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Forgot about the killswitch. It was activated on night 5, and pmed to the replicants informing then. Then it was a simple dice roll every night to check from that point on. A 1 on night 6 would end it, a one or two would end it on night 7 and a 1, 2 or 3 from that night onward. In the end I rolled a 4 on night 6 but a 2 on night 7, so the game was ended.

FYI, the tiebreaking mechanic which someone asked about early on in the game was a coin flip. :
Old 07-26-2007, 10:21 AM   #1806
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

tangle, what was the reasoning for Swaggs and Ardent having the same dream?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:23 AM   #1807
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Also, so if path was killed, they wouldnt have had a night kill?
Old 07-26-2007, 10:36 AM   #1808
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

Sounds like one of the other replicants could have stepped into my role, giving up theirs.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:39 AM   #1809
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

Right, because as leon was described in the rules he could only kill if he was killed and priss couldn't kill at all.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:40 AM   #1810
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I felt backed into a corner with BS. It was just crappy play on my part. Nothing more.

I would like to say that tangle's PMs had some of the best action sequences, if not the best, I've seen in a WW game. He really shined there.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:41 AM   #1811
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
tangle, what was the reasoning for Swaggs and Ardent having the same dream?

Swaggs was Rachel, it was a clue as to the hidden Replicants identity.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:49 AM   #1812
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post

So then we did good getting rid of him and AE based on them having the same dream.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:55 AM   #1813
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Oh I missed that reading through..

Well good, glad that the majority of my votes in this game wasn't as horrible as I thought at the time.

I really was very clueless for many days, the votes I put on Bullet, Barkeep, Swaggs, etc were all just tosses in the air and hoping.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:34 AM   #1814
path12
Coordinator

I think usually a no-reveal game favors the wolves, but we had some tough luck in this one. Even so, I'm not unhappy with my game and I think we took it about as far as we could have.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:38 AM   #1815
st.cronin
General Manager

So night 3:

I originally had decided to scan Alan T, but changed to Barkeep.
The replicants decided to kill me.
DECKARD decided to kill me.
Chief Rum guarded Barkeep.

knives out
Old 07-26-2007, 11:45 AM   #1816
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
So night 3:

I originally had decided to scan Alan T, but changed to Barkeep.
The replicants decided to kill me.
DECKARD decided to kill me.
Chief Rum guarded Barkeep.

Yep. Pretty crazy. Took a while to figure out how to compute those night actions.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:50 AM   #1817
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I wonder what it would have meant for the game if you had decided to scan me instead.

The reason we lynched Barkeep was his difference in the story from Chief;s point of view (or at least my reason for it)..

if you had scanned me instead, Chief would have guarded barkeep all night, without anything happening. And both deckard and the replicants would have been outside of my door..

I think that move actually helped us out
Old 07-26-2007, 11:56 AM   #1818
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I do just want to point out that CR was full of it when he said I didn't have any visitors that night. I had TWO.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:01 PM   #1819
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I do just want to point out that CR was full of it when he said I didn't have any visitors that night. I had TWO.

That's right. I was there.

BTW we made nearly all our kills by random.org. We figured that might keep y'all guessing. Until near the end when I was more desperate to find Tyrell/Sebastian.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:06 PM   #1820
RendeR
Coordinator

I just want to reiterate that you did an amazingly good job spinning this theme/storyline into a werewolf game Tangle. Really and Awesome job keeping the suspense and intrigue going without giving too much away.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:10 PM   #1821
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I wonder what it would have meant for the game if you had decided to scan me instead.

The reason we lynched Barkeep was his difference in the story from Chief;s point of view (or at least my reason for it)..

if you had scanned me instead, Chief would have guarded barkeep all night, without anything happening. And both deckard and the replicants would have been outside of my door..

I think that move actually helped us out

Keep in mind, that because of the way my role worked, I was hoping NOT to find a replicant. I was trying to build a cot. So originally I was on you, but then reading back I saw Lathum say that something you had said made him trust you. I didn't know what it was, but figured it was solid enough to include you in the cot, at least provisionally.

I was not suspicious of Barkeep at all, and if I had been I wouldn't have scanned him.

Incidentally, I was about 75% convinced that Lathum was the bodyguard.

knives out
Old 07-26-2007, 12:46 PM   #1822
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Thanks for running the game, Tangle. I enjoyed this one even though most of the time I was banging my head against the wall because I didn't have a clue what was going on. Non reveal games are hard!
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:01 PM   #1823
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I just want to say I really enjoyed the argument I had with ChiefRum late the other night. I stayed up much later then I wanted to and had trouble sleeping!!
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:54 PM   #1824
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Told y'all I wasn't a wolf :P
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:08 PM   #1825
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

I told you guys! Too bad nobody ever listens to me.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:16 PM   #1826
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Told y'all I wasn't a wolf :P

I believed you. Voted for you anyway of course.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:57 PM   #1827
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
You better get your sig changed to villagers lynched = 1, bud.

Quote:
I giggle a little and shake my head every time I see you talk about that theory, telle. I'm sorry, but it's a little humorous to me at this point. I know I'm as good as gone, I know you're wrong. I'm starting to come to terms with the first part, and enjoying the second.

Quote:
I'll vote for myself if swaggs is a human.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
It's not just my theory. Swaggs came up with the original theory regarding you and KWhit. Then I came up with a theory that St. Cronin must be a replicant because of our different info regarding being scanned.. and upon further investigation realized that my theory aligned perfectly with his theory to become a larger theory.
I didn't say it was. If I did, then I apologize. I should be awarding a lot more points.

Quote:
You did and I apologize for not answering before. Truth is, I don't. I have no clue what's going on in this game.

Quote:
I guess we should start awarding points for making wrong, yet compelling arguments, especially when there's no proof in the pudding.

Quote:
Her theory is pretty sound based on the posts in the game thus far.

What have you offered?

Quote:
You have a theory. You have NO evidence. Fact is, there is no evidence in this game...so you can cook up whatever theory you want.

Quote:
YOU digged? Ha. Your play makes me laugh. I sure hope whoever the replicants are that they keep you around so you can continue to chase your tail.

Potentially...why don't you throw an IF/THEN AND/OR statement in there as well? Come on, truth is, you've got it hard on me and you can't even think straight because you're too hung up on yourself.

(no offense intended I'm just pointing out you're not considering that you may be wrong)

Quote:
You know, it might just be fitting if this game had me as a replicant and I didn't know it.

If that's the case, I'd sincerely hope that the humans win an insanely easy slam dunk game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
But I don't think they know who scanned me. I think they learned one and killed him. And since there's still one unknown replicant out there (assuming that I'm right about AE and St. Cronin), I don't think Deckard should out himself at this point.

BUT.. I did just realize that Deckard can know that what I'm saying is correct and be sure that I'm human since he personally performed the test on me, and thus he can kill St. Cronin tonight without worrying that I'm leading him astray. So in that case, we should lynch AE and let the Bladerunner take care of St. Cronin, right?

Unvote St. Cronin
Vote Ardent Enthusiast

Quote:
Yeah, and you and we'll all sing by the campfire after the world's easiest werewolf game known to me.

Put on a jacket, you're snowing yourself in.

Quote:
They're selling clues at K-Mart. Blue light special.
qft
Old 07-26-2007, 07:05 PM   #1828
RendeR
Coordinator

Poor Ardent, he gets no respect
Old 07-26-2007, 07:14 PM   #1829
hoopsguy
General Manager

Does anyone love to collect post-game quotes more than AE? Also, is this heading to the dynasty thread now?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:31 PM   #1830
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Well, come on, I don't know about "full of it". I called what I saw. I wasn't told I wouldn't see anything around the place happening. I WAS told no one approached you. So not sure why that was different. Maybe tangle didn't realize how he worded it.

While I wil suspend disbelief, BTW, since that is the rule as tangle set it, but no way in hell does cronin buy it outside of a place I am BGing, anmd I don't notice it.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:33 PM   #1831
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I just want to say I really enjoyed the argument I had with ChiefRum late the other night. I stayed up much later then I wanted to and had trouble sleeping!!

lol, yeah, agreed. While we got pretty heated, I think the elements we were arguing about were integral to the game, and it was a blast trying to hash it out. I definitely stayed longer on the computer that night than I planned.

And, we already said our apologies, but I'll say again, sorry, Lathum, and hope there are no hard feelings.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:34 PM   #1832
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
lol, yeah, agreed. While we got pretty heated, I think the elements we were arguing about were integral to the game, and it was a blast trying to hash it out. I definitely stayed longer on the computer that night than I planned.

And, we already said our apologies, but I'll say again, sorry, Lathum, and hope there are no hard feelings.

NP and right back at you
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:36 PM   #1833
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I told you guys! Too bad nobody ever listens to me.

I actually felt, too, that just because the rules stated the wolves came from Mars, doesn't mean Swaggs wasn't a Replicant in hiding, which would have been consistent with the game (and incidentally, tangle did a fantastic job of working in a lot of the basic storyline for the movie into this, even in the details did not come into fruition, such as Rachel as the secret Replicant or potential BR lover, and the killswitch).

I would have argued more vehemently for Swaggs' lynching "just to be safe" had he lived longer (and I am sure others would have, too). I did believe him when he said he was human, though--it was completely consistent that he would not be told he was a replicant.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:39 PM   #1834
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Terrific game, tangle. Thanks for running it.

I do have one question. What was up with me seeing two people when twothree was attacked? And is it okay if I post your PM from that night? As Barkeep said, your attack descriptions were pretty awesome.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:03 PM   #1835
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

I do have one question. What was up with me seeing two people when twothree was attacked? And is it okay if I post your PM from that night? As Barkeep said, your attack descriptions were pretty awesome.
The two people were me and path.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:33 PM   #1836
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The two people were me and path.

So if only one could kill, why did two Replicants go? And did you know it was me from your PM? Of course, you would know it from reading the thread, as I revealked right at the morning deadline. But I don't know what twothree told you and path about that night.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:08 PM   #1837
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Twothree decided to scan Barkeep and path12 decided to kill twothree. Therefore there were three people in the room when you burst in and both replicants.

Post any PMs you want. That goes to all players.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:11 PM   #1838
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Well, come on, I don't know about "full of it". I called what I saw. I wasn't told I wouldn't see anything around the place happening. I WAS told no one approached you. So not sure why that was different. Maybe tangle didn't realize how he worded it.

While I wil suspend disbelief, BTW, since that is the rule as tangle set it, but no way in hell does cronin buy it outside of a place I am BGing, anmd I don't notice it.

You not seeing actions performed at night was a game balance fudge. Not very 'realistic' but otherwise the bodyguard role would reveal too much information.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:44 AM   #1839
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I actually felt, too, that just because the rules stated the wolves came from Mars, doesn't mean Swaggs wasn't a Replicant in hiding, which would have been consistent with the game (and incidentally, tangle did a fantastic job of working in a lot of the basic storyline for the movie into this, even in the details did not come into fruition, such as Rachel as the secret Replicant or potential BR lover, and the killswitch).

I would have argued more vehemently for Swaggs' lynching "just to be safe" had he lived longer (and I am sure others would have, too). I did believe him when he said he was human, though--it was completely consistent that he would not be told he was a replicant.

I was all over the idea that Swaggs or AE were a replicant without knowing it very early on.

I rule!

(Just wanting to pat myself on the back a bit because I died soon thereafter).

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote