Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-04-2007, 08:14 AM   #1
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Survivor: New Howard Tribal Thread (Tribal Council Due 10 PM Sunday)

All members of the Howard tribe may read and post here. Messages to the tribe and tribal council will also be held in this thread.

Your team buff is
green.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 02-04-2007 at 08:34 AM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:01 AM   #2
path12
Coordinator

Hey guys, just checking in.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:43 PM   #3
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

woohoo, I am with path again :-)
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:13 PM   #4
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

this is starting to look familiar. Go Howard!
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:40 PM   #5
path12
Coordinator

I like our team. I don't know exactly how Barkeep is going to run this one, but in vaguely remembering the game on BGG that spawned this, the challenges are going to run along the lines of either focusing on specific WW skills (interrogating, investigating, etc) or possibly some trivia types of things from past games. Like I said though, it could be much different but that's the kind of things I remember from the other board.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:28 PM   #6
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

How many wolves do you think there are in this game, or is it like Blade said in the main post that there are no Werewolves?
Old 02-04-2007, 04:49 PM   #7
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I think there are no wolves or seers or anything... i think its straight survivor. And how funny that us three are on the same team
Old 02-04-2007, 10:11 PM   #8
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

that is pretty funny. I giggled when isaw you and path had already posted in here before I had.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:52 PM   #9
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I wonder if the names of the groups will come into play at some point. I can see relationships between possible ideas...Howard = long life (Heinlein books)
Helsing= hunters of bad guys
Lupus=WW
Oz = prison life?
Old 02-05-2007, 08:41 AM   #10
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Tree mail arrives, it reads
Quote:
Will you be the ones to find the picture?
Do so and become an island fixture
Otherwise your stay here could be mighty quick
And you will lose out on a cool new trick.

Report to the Challenge thread
Old 02-05-2007, 09:17 PM   #11
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

maybe it wasn't a good idea to put people who post so little together in a thread.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:21 PM   #12
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I'm hoping it stays relatively quiet tonight, too. (no tribal council)
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:36 PM   #13
path12
Coordinator

JE, very nice job on the challenge -- having all of that in our back pocket really helped a lot. I think it's a good start for us.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #14
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I hope so. I wonder if one of the bigger teams is going to get any benefit from having an extra member. I hope not, because there were four items I couldn't find anything on.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:55 PM   #15
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Welcome to tribal council. During tribal you will get to experience the wit and intellect of our special TC host, hoopsguy. He'll be here to help lead discussion and you must answer any question he asks. Of course you're perfectly welcome to debate with each other as well.

Tribal council has officially begun and will have a 10 PM Eastern deadline tomorrow. You may vote and unvote freely, but all votes MUST be PM'ed to me (NOT to hoopsguy) with the name of who you are voting for. Please also include your tribe's name (to make life easy for me). Tribal council will go on simultaneously with the next reward challenge so you'll have to work together even as you're voting out one of your own.

Have fun.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:00 PM   #16
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

the bigger teams definitly did get helped. I dont think its fair to be honest. oh well.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:01 PM   #17
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Jonathan i definitly wont be voting for you, I think you did a great job today.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:01 PM   #18
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Well that sucks. It looks like we suffered for only having five players. And I actually had the right answer for the large helmeted feline. I saw it last week on some blog. Oh, well.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:07 PM   #19
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
the bigger teams definitly did get helped. I dont think its fair to be honest. oh well.
I will point out that all tribes had an equal shot at becoming larger, but do agree that this is what made the difference here considering the closeness of the scores
Old 02-05-2007, 10:09 PM   #20
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Looking at the scoring, we didn't get points for pics of Tags or Goodell, the XL ring, or the XLI coin.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:19 PM   #21
hoopsguy
General Manager

Wow, it looks like your team had a tough time out there on Day 1. If you had today to do over again, what could you have done differently?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:27 PM   #22
path12
Coordinator

Did we only send 3 commissioners?
Old 02-05-2007, 10:30 PM   #23
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Wow, it looks like your team had a tough time out there on Day 1. If you had today to do over again, what could you have done differently?

I'm still surprised at the score. I thought we were pretty organized for this: we divvyed out the subjects, JE did a great job of getting a lot of extra ones, we were tracking what was sent and what wasn't -- I'm not sure exactly what went wrong at this point. Obviously we had problems with some of the answers -- I don't know if it was bad links or missed ones or what.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:33 PM   #24
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I was surprised at the outcome as well. especially with us getting some 2 pointers with some of the easier to get items.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:34 PM   #25
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I'll echo path. I have no idea what we could have done differently. Even if we had gotten points for the ones I listed, I don't think it would have mattered. The fact that we were down a man prevented us from ever catching up with the two teams that had six members.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:35 PM   #26
path12
Coordinator

So we didn't get points for the coin, the ring, the helmeted cat and 2 of the commissioners -- those look to be the things that I had us down as sent.

Hoops, can we get verification that there were no answers that we sent in that somehow got missed?
Old 02-05-2007, 10:36 PM   #27
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I'll add that if I could go back and change things, I would take the giant feline one. I'm not blaming anyone for this since no one got it, but the four points would have been nice.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:39 PM   #28
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

It looks like the commissioners were treated individually. If that's true, then that would explain why we didn't get points for some of that stuff. Marathoner sent:

Manning in commercial
2007 Lombardi trophy
Pics of 5 NFL commishes
Super Bowl XL ring
Coin in SB XLI

If he did it in that order, the last two commishes and the ring and coin wouldn't have counted.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:41 PM   #29
path12
Coordinator

What the hell?? I think that's wrong. The item said pics of 5 commissioners, those five pics should count as one item.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:41 PM   #30
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path, I can't give confirmation on any scoring activities. I'm just here for the conversation.

Jonathan, you came out with a really expansive list of links you had found. I'm sure this result has to be especially frustrating for you, given the time that you put into locating all of those.

Do you think that your team made the best use of the available links found, given the discussion in the thread of what had been submitted by others, to maximize your score? If not, why - given that you did have representation in the thread leading up to the deadline?
Old 02-05-2007, 10:41 PM   #31
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

And I really want to know what classifies as the '06 Bears team photo. If it's one of the ones I found, I'll be miffed.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:42 PM   #32
path12
Coordinator

Dola, I'm not saying your explanation is wrong, but I'm saying if that is the case I think it's a VERY poorly worded rule and in conjunction with no adjustment for the fewer member team has really punished us unfairly.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:47 PM   #33
path12
Coordinator

This is what BK had in the results about the commissioners:

The Commissioner pictures was the other one where my wording was less than ideal. It was always designed to be 5 separate photos. Of course, as Kwhit and Blade asked, it would have been possible to combine items, as they'd still have been sending only 5 pictures, though no team did this. Anyway, I was a stickler about the Commissioners.

I'm reading that to mean that he would have accepted 5 different links for the one item. Marathoner, did you have separate pictures or how did that work?

I don't usually get upset with judging decisions, but this is very unclear to me right now and I have to say I'm kind of pissed about it.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:48 PM   #34
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Jonathan, you came out with a really expansive list of links you had found. I'm sure this result has to be especially frustrating for you, given the time that you put into locating all of those.

Do you think that your team made the best use of the available links found, given the discussion in the thread of what had been submitted by others, to maximize your score? If not, why - given that you did have representation in the thread leading up to the deadline?

To be honest, I didn't expect us to win. I felt that with us being a man down to two teams, we didn't have much of a shot. I am frustrated at how low our score was, but I don't blame anyone for that. I think we got hosed on the commish question because we all took it to be a quest for something else. We thought we had everything we could find covered, but it turns out we didn't. Thems the brakes.

And the time spent wasn't that big of a deal to me. I spend almost all of my time screwing around online, so having something to hunt for made my day pass quicker than normal.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:50 PM   #35
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

I might have tried to find a college team nicknamed the Bears. Since the Chicago pics Isaw were a bunch of individual photos (8 I believe). It couldn't have hurt, and it might have given us a closer shot at passing Lupus.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:50 PM   #36
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm truly sorry you're upset. I posted the explanation to pass, who seems equally upset, in the challenge thread. I treated each picture, for scoring purposes, separately. So this meant that Marathon's PM had more than five items. I took the first five pixs for any given PM. Sorry again if you're upset.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:52 PM   #37
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I might have tried to find a college team nicknamed the Bears. Since the Chicago pics Isaw were a bunch of individual photos (8 I believe). It couldn't have hurt, and it might have given us a closer shot at passing Lupus.

I didn't even think of that. *slaps head*
Old 02-05-2007, 10:55 PM   #38
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I just thought of it now. It SHOULD work but no telling if we woulda gotten away with it.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:56 PM   #39
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I'm truly sorry you're upset. I posted the explanation to pass, who seems equally upset, in the challenge thread. I treated each picture, for scoring purposes, separately. So this meant that Marathon's PM had more than five items. I took the first five pixs for any given PM. Sorry again if you're upset.

So just so I'm clear on this. If we had sent our PM, and our first five links were links to the separate NFL commissioners, as the item stated, then the other four items after that wouldn't have been counted? I think that makes it a trick question that actually punishes you for answering correctly.

If that's the case we would have just skipped that one altogether. We shouldn't be punished for following the rules as they were posted. That's my view, and I feel that our team got screwed the way this decision came down.

That said, I'll shut up about it now. I'll be back in the morning.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:06 PM   #40
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Do we post our votes in this thread as well or just send them in via PM?
Old 02-05-2007, 11:07 PM   #41
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I think we just pm them.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:30 PM   #42
hoopsguy
General Manager

So what are your guiding principles for voting in this game? Do you strictly vote for the person you thought was the weakest today, or do you allow yourself to try and project the person's value over the long haul? Is there any thought to removing a potential rival with this voting opportunity? Just trying to figure out what makes each of you tick ...
Old 02-05-2007, 11:37 PM   #43
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

My first thought was to vote for the weakest person, but I honestly don't know who that could be. It would be one thing if someone completely screwed the pooch today, but that didn't happen. I'll wait and see what the challenge is for tomorrow and then see how things develop before I even think about voting.

One thing I am curious about is how the wolves come into play. Is there one wolf in each tribe? How do they function? Is their goal to make us fail at challenges?
Old 02-06-2007, 07:48 AM   #44
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Tree mail arrives.

Quote:
Do you have a way with the written word?
The winner will hold back the werewolf herd
So hopefully you can rhyme
And have an easy time
Old 02-06-2007, 08:07 AM   #45
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Poetry. Ugh.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:32 AM   #46
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

lol, I am a woman, i should be good with a rhyme,
now if i only I can decide who to vote off in time
Old 02-06-2007, 08:34 AM   #47
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I sent in the cat with a helmet, I think.... it wasn't that big one, but it wasn't that small kittie with the melon on his head either. And I dont think we could have done anything different to be honest, I think we got jipped because of the 5 commisoner rule, and because we only had 5 people. And of course Tyrnth wasn't going to join our team..... he is going to join the teams of the 'big' players, like Blade, Lathum, or Alant.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:34 AM   #48
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Ok, this is my first ever attempt at an haiku, so please be gentle.

Pumpy Tudors
haiku worthless without pics
repairman he's not
Old 02-06-2007, 10:08 AM   #49
path12
Coordinator

*Sigh* I'm still frustrated.

Anyone got an idea for a theme? Looks like JE's thinking FOFC, which is probably not a bad thing at all.......
Old 02-06-2007, 10:12 AM   #50
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I completely missed the part that all poems had to have a similar theme. But I do think FOFC is a good theme, since it's probably the one thing we all have common knowledge about. I'm not stuck to this idea, though, so if anyone has something better we can go that route.