Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-26-2007, 03:15 PM   #101
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
And cronins comments have moved him way down my trust list...it seems to me almost everyone has a role, so him not seeming to know what day actions are(which i tend to associate with villagers) worries me.

I don't put much stock in cronin not knowing what day actions are available. I'm good, and while I have some day actions, I'm not able to get any kind of information where I'm able to form a list of people I trust. I think most good guys are limited in what they can do during the day as well.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:17 PM   #102
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I don't see the need to elect a judge today. If his/her duties are approving search warrants, sentencing and whatever the other thing was, I don't think we're going to know enough about anyone to need those things today.

We're better off getting the right person in there rather than just filling a spot.

I agree. We don't want to elect a mafia member to the seat, and I don't know if it's possible for a detective to hold both jobs, but if so, that's something we should also try to keep from happening.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:19 PM   #103
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Another good point. So, who has money? I have some money (enough to afford the msg board), but I suspect there are others here who would make better judges than me.

If you want an alternative to the folks who have already thrown their ring in the pot, you could elect me as the judge. I'm already sent a message to subscribe to said board.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:37 PM   #104
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't see the need to elect a judge today. If his/her duties are approving search warrants, sentencing and whatever the other thing was, I don't think we're going to know enough about anyone to need those things today.

I disagree with the idea that we don;t need to elect a judge today. Correct me if Im wrong, but hte judge we elect today can act tomorrow, but not today. So shouldn;t we try to find someone we can agree on and et that person in teh judge role quickly. THat way, tomorrow, the judge can start acting immediately.

-Anxiety

Old 02-26-2007, 03:42 PM   #105
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I definitly think we need to elect a judge today. And I wouldn't mind being elected as I am a person of good and could prove it if necessary.

But as I said I would....

vote Blade
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:50 PM   #106
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Another good point. So, who has money? I have some money (enough to afford the msg board), but I suspect there are others here who would make better judges than me.

This comment makes me very suspiscous of Cronin. 2 thinkgs

1. I have no idea if I have alot of money or not relative to other people
2. With an obvious crime element running around why the hell would I want to potentialy put a target on my back by saying how much money I have?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:57 PM   #107
path12
Coordinator

Both LSG and Blade have now said they could prove that they were good. How? (not that I want you to say anything that might target you), I just don't get it. I mean, I could say what my occupation is, but I don't see how that would prove I was good one way or the other.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:03 PM   #108
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Both LSG and Blade have now said they could prove that they were good. How? (not that I want you to say anything that might target you), I just don't get it. I mean, I could say what my occupation is, but I don't see how that would prove I was good one way or the other.
Some occupations have actions that involve other players...i dont know LSGs, i just know my role and the benefactors of my actions(benefactor may be the wrong term, maybe victims lol).
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:04 PM   #109
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
This comment makes me very suspiscous of Cronin. 2 thinkgs

1. I have no idea if I have alot of money or not relative to other people
2. With an obvious crime element running around why the hell would I want to potentialy put a target on my back by saying how much money I have?

I don't know about #2, but there have been several comments made about how much money people have in relationship specifically to affording the MB, so I don't think it's a totally unfounded comment.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:04 PM   #110
Blade6119
Coordinator

And my hope is, that my targets believe my role to be good, and that no evil player would start off having such a role.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:27 PM   #111
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
I don't know about #2, but there have been several comments made about how much money people have in relationship specifically to affording the MB, so I don't think it's a totally unfounded comment.

how can you say that?

Lets say I am mafia, I need/want money, I am gonna go for someone I know has money.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #112
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
how can you say that?

Lets say I am mafia, I need/want money, I am gonna go for someone I know has money.

I didn't say it was completely intelligent, either. But the comparison was there to be made. Further, it probably helps the village to have some idea as to what's going on early on. By the time the money would likely become an urgent concern (as I suspect most people, if not everyone, has enough to operate for a day or two) there would be information leaks that would allow them to select targets for cash anyway. This just allows us to have a clue before that. All that said, it's just a theory, and the info denial makes sense too.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:47 PM   #113
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
And cronins comments have moved him way down my trust list...it seems to me almost everyone has a role, so him not seeming to know what day actions are(which i tend to associate with villagers) worries me.

VOTE ST.CRONIN

Voting for an active poster on day 1. And not just an active poster, but somebody who is, you know, trying to figure out whats going on, putting out theories instead of cryptical nonsense. Every game it seems like we do this, and it never gets us anywhere.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:49 PM   #114
st.cronin
General Manager

Lathum, I hadn't even thought of the crime syndicate wanting to know about money. I had only of thought of money as a bribing mechanism, or to get information. You are correct, it may not be a good idea to advertise how much money we have.

I would like to hear others thoughts on this, though.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:55 PM   #115
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Voting for an active poster on day 1. And not just an active poster, but somebody who is, you know, trying to figure out whats going on, putting out theories instead of cryptical nonsense. Every game it seems like we do this, and it never gets us anywhere.

No, every game we kill of a quiet person on day one and that gets us nowhere(except a dead seer in the last small game). You have been active, but being more active is just more chances to slip-up.

Im putting out theories, like you being evil. Ive given you far more insight into my role then any other player has, cryptic or not. Just because you dont like the outcome, doesnt mean you can simply ignore it.
Demotivation
Old 02-26-2007, 05:01 PM   #116
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

my internet is down right now guys n gals. I am hoping its just the lil storm and comcast here in the suburbs. if not I will catch up via phone after dinner...just would rather not on this tiny screen so I am waiting
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:02 PM   #117
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
my internet is down right now guys n gals. I am hoping its just the lil storm and comcast here in the suburbs. if not I will catch up via phone after dinner...just would rather not on this tiny screen so I am waiting

The deadline isnt until tomorrow night, so i wouldnt worry about it
Demotivation
Old 02-26-2007, 05:03 PM   #118
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
No, every game we kill of a quiet person on day one and that gets us nowhere(except a dead seer in the last small game). You have been active, but being more active is just more chances to slip-up.

Im putting out theories, like you being evil. Ive given you far more insight into my role then any other player has, cryptic or not. Just because you dont like the outcome, doesnt mean you can simply ignore it.

This smells fishy to me. I remember plenty of times where we have killed active people day 1/2 because of "slip-ups" and it rarely works. We have had a very effective strategy of forcing people to actually participate by the threat of death, because we've had such massive leaks on getting snookered by UTR players so effectively. On that note, ntn, looking at you, don't forget :P
Old 02-26-2007, 05:06 PM   #119
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
This smells fishy to me. I remember plenty of times where we have killed active people day 1/2 because of "slip-ups" and it rarely works. We have had a very effective strategy of forcing people to actually participate by the threat of death, because we've had such massive leaks on getting snookered by UTR players so effectively. On that note, ntn, looking at you, don't forget :P
You can smell around me all you want...i dont expect to live long in this game, and i played to achieve that end. If i die, their not killing our key roles. Im just trying to help with what i have while i can.

I smell your post as a defense of cronin...we can dance like this for the next 2 days or someone besides me can actually say something that matters(lsg did too, so excuse that remark lsg)
Demotivation
Old 02-26-2007, 05:11 PM   #120
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm firmly in the camp that we need to elect someone today. That person will not be, at this moment, Blade.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:12 PM   #121
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I'm firmly in the camp that we need to elect someone today. That person will not be, at this moment, Blade.

Ya! Well...! Your aim name makes no sense! TAKE THAT!
Demotivation
Old 02-26-2007, 05:13 PM   #122
Tyrith
College Starter

To a degree it is a defense of cronin, who always seems to take heat early for doing something weird and isn't a wolf any more common than the rest of us. I don't know anything about his allegiance and have no reason to trust him from this game, but historically he's taken more heat than he really deserves just by playstyle.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:18 PM   #123
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Cronin will not get my lynch vote today
Old 02-26-2007, 05:20 PM   #124
Blade6119
Coordinator

Since no one seems to like any idea i put forth, im just going to stop putting ideas forward. Have fun lynching a quiet person, keep exploiting that belief to protect the loud wolves in the early days

As well, enjoy appointing a judge that no one can clear...that couldnt possibly fail
Demotivation
Old 02-26-2007, 05:24 PM   #125
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Ya! Well...! Your aim name makes no sense! TAKE THAT!
Well considering that I've used this handle online since I was 12 I'd say Barkeep49 doesn't make a whole lot of sense either.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:25 PM   #126
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Since no one seems to like any idea i put forth, im just going to stop putting ideas forward. Have fun lynching a quiet person, keep exploiting that belief to protect the loud wolves in the early days

As well, enjoy appointing a judge that no one can clear...that couldnt possibly fail
Thanks for the encouragement! It's always good to hear when people are on the right track!
Old 02-26-2007, 05:28 PM   #127
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

what idea have you put forward other then voting you for sherif?
Old 02-26-2007, 05:28 PM   #128
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Nobody has cleared you yet either if I'm not mistaken. Actually, nobody has cleared nobody yet. Or something like that.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:41 PM   #129
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
what idea have you put forward other then voting you for sherif?

Quote:
Nobody has cleared you yet either if I'm not mistaken. Actually, nobody has cleared nobody yet. Or something like that.
I'm disappointed in both of you. Blade had some excellent rhetoric and you're both letting facts get in the way of that.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:57 PM   #130
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I'm firmly in the camp that we need to elect someone today.

For the sake of discussion, why do you think this? Is it so important that we have to elect a judge right now even though we don't have any warrants out (I'm assuming)?
Old 02-26-2007, 06:03 PM   #131
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
For the sake of discussion, why do you think this? Is it so important that we have to elect a judge right now even though we don't have any warrants out (I'm assuming)?

I would imagine because the detectives role is very limited without a judge.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:03 PM   #132
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm disappointed in both of you. Blade had some excellent rhetoric and you're both letting facts get in the way of that.

Personally I think we should go after a quiet person.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:04 PM   #133
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Because 50% of the players is real hard. I think it'll be easier to get that number today and get progressively harder for a few days until the end game when it could get easier again. It's clear for the good guys that we want a judge and I worry about our ability to make sure we get a judge.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:07 PM   #134
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Because 50% of the players is real hard. I think it'll be easier to get that number today and get progressively harder for a few days until the end game when it could get easier again. It's clear for the good guys that we want a judge and I worry about our ability to make sure we get a judge.

If I could piggy back on this, we have the best chance of electing a non mafia judge early on before they start killing us.

I think the problem is we need 11? votes, very hard to get but I will take the post if people want to vote me.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:10 PM   #135
path12
Coordinator

I'm gonna need a better reason to vote for a judge than "I'll do it if you want to elect me" or "I'd like to be the judge". Just sayin.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:14 PM   #136
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'd be willing to be judge as well and would throw this out there:

Who could we count on to act in the villagers interests even if they're a bad guy at the start of the game?

I'm not sure I know the answer to this but think that this would be a helpful way of framing the discussion.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:16 PM   #137
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I'm gonna need a better reason to vote for a judge than "I'll do it if you want to elect me" or "I'd like to be the judge". Just sayin.

well that's the rub isn't it.

No one. myself included, wants to reveal their role early on and become a target so what do we have to go with.

If we all agree we need a judge then candidates must emerge and someone needs half the support. I am sure there are some roles that being the judge wouldn't work well with so there must be people out there who think they shouldn't be a judge. Real world restrictions could also apply. I am just saying I see nothing standing in the way of me performing my duties if I was elected.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:16 PM   #138
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

If that's the case you may not be able to vote for a judge until day 3 or 4.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:17 PM   #139
path12
Coordinator

Security type? Public servant (doctor, etc)? That's what comes to mind to me.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:20 PM   #140
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
well that's the rub isn't it.

No one. myself included, wants to reveal their role early on and become a target so what do we have to go with.

If we all agree we need a judge then candidates must emerge and someone needs half the support. I am sure there are some roles that being the judge wouldn't work well with so there must be people out there who think they shouldn't be a judge. Real world restrictions could also apply. I am just saying I see nothing standing in the way of me performing my duties if I was elected.

Quote:
If that's the case you may not be able to vote for a judge until day 3 or 4.

I realize that it is not quite as cut and dried as I phrased it above. But really, if I was a bad guy, the first thing I'd like to do is try and get in the judge seat, wouldn't you?

I guess a better way for me to put it is that I'd like to hear both from more people and some kind of reason why they think they would be a good choice.

Oh, and I'd be happy to do it also.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:28 PM   #141
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think as a bad guy would try and stay out of the lielight early. I actually went back and re read the tombstone game yesterday. In that game there was a sherif, similar to the judge. The sheriff job changed hands about 10 times that game so anyone who played that game realize it would be pointless excersize to try and get elected day one and ride it out to the end.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:29 PM   #142
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think as a bad guy would try and stay out of the lielight early. I actually went back and re read the tombstone game yesterday. In that game there was a sherif, similar to the judge. The sheriff job changed hands about 10 times that game so anyone who played that game realize it would be pointless excersize to try and get elected day one and ride it out to the end.

Very QFT.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:30 PM   #143
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Wait, was that the game where I was teh actor? That was an awesome role and it worked very well with being the sherriff.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:39 PM   #144
SnDvls
Pro Starter

the game we had to elect a sheriff we all did this "I'll do it" stuff and then we kept voting them out of office every other day because they didn't do what we wanted and we'd vote someone else in. I just don't want to see us to that multiple times again this game.

I do agree we should get someone in the spot though today or tomorrow, but we also need to realize sometimes they are going to go with what they know too.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:40 PM   #145
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - never mind Lathum just said what I was saying pretty much
Old 02-26-2007, 06:40 PM   #146
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Lathum - do you remember who the 1st "sherrif" in the tombstone game was and weather they were good or bad in the end?

might help that we need to go with our gut on this one too
Old 02-26-2007, 06:44 PM   #147
Tyrith
College Starter

I think it's going to be significantly harder for us to go revolving judges in this game, though, because it's a private vote. It's quite possible for the wolves to sabotage our vote and generally screw with us when they don't have to show it publicly. That would also make it harder to remove a judge than in Tombstone.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:53 PM   #148
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
Lathum - do you remember who the 1st "sherrif" in the tombstone game was and weather they were good or bad in the end?

might help that we need to go with our gut on this one too

Saldana and he was good.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:54 PM   #149
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I think it's going to be significantly harder for us to go revolving judges in this game, though, because it's a private vote. It's quite possible for the wolves to sabotage our vote and generally screw with us when they don't have to show it publicly. That would also make it harder to remove a judge than in Tombstone.

this just illustrates my point that it is important to get someone in office now while we control the numbers.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:59 PM   #150
Marathoner
High School JV

Quote:
I realize that it is not quite as cut and dried as I phrased it above. But really, if I was a bad guy, the first thing I'd like to do is try and get in the judge seat, wouldn't you?

Agreed. If I were a wolf I certainly would try to become a judge early. It would kind of put you in the cat-bird seat so to speak. Assuming the mafia knows who each other is, they could then control the law and the criminal elements.
Marathoner is offline   Reply With Quote