Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-28-2007, 12:17 AM   #301
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
and has hinted at a special role all game.

This is also not true. Either another lie, or you have not understood me at all. Either way, wolfish.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:18 AM   #302
Blade6119
Coordinator

You told me you had special knowledge of game mechanics...how else would you like me to percieve that?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:19 AM   #303
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Evil is either trying to set up NTN, or clear him...i cant tell which...not only did LSG vote NTN, but it was NTN who was aggresively pursuing bulletsponge yesterday. It seems to be a little to coincidental for my tastes

I'm pretty sure its a setup. I have ntn as 75% cleared based on his comments.

knives out
Old 03-28-2007, 12:20 AM   #304
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
You told me you had special knowledge of game mechanics...how else would you like me to percieve that?

No, I didn't - all I ever said was that you didn't understand the game mechanics. THAT'S WHY I WAS SUSPICIOUS OF YOU. If I had *special* knowledge, I wouldn't think it suspicious that you didn't understand them, right?

knives out
Old 03-28-2007, 12:27 AM   #305
Blade6119
Coordinator

Your right, you said you were "more aware." Im sorry to misspeak there...you did say you were dropping hints though, i can quote you on that...and i totally dont understand your hints, so i hope others do. Until then i guess we can just sit and here have a fun little chat.

How did the first week of recruiting go? A lot of competition?
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:30 AM   #306
st.cronin
General Manager

More than I expected, but less than I found last year, and its all from the big12. So if they don't sign with me they'll just transfer over in a year or two.

knives out
Old 03-28-2007, 12:33 AM   #307
Blade6119
Coordinator

lol, i envy you...even if they do sign with me, they will just transfer in a year or two

I was suprised...a top 30 FS got 2 offers, a top 30 SS got 7. Just interesting to see the choices other humans made. I picked the wrong QB of the two interested, and now its too late to swap. That one mistake is likely going to hurt me in a year or two pretty badly. I wish we could scout then offer in week 2
Demotivation
Old 03-28-2007, 12:52 AM   #308
Blade6119
Coordinator

Just to clarify, i just IMd 2 players of this game for outside of the game reasons...didnt get a response from either though, sadly. Just thought id say in case they got the wrong idea.
Demotivation
Old 03-28-2007, 05:48 AM   #309
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Congrats to us townfolk for bringing LSGAY down. She slipped with her foul, Satan-driven tongue, and our stones made sure she didn't egt up again.

I am confused by the interplay between Brothers st. cronin and Blade. It seems they are quibbling about behind the scenes roles and hints that I haven't caught (not that that would be a first). I'm inclined to put them both on the liberal list, just so we have the option to discuss them with more on the line.

Anyone else find it curious that the wolves picked bulletsponge as their target?
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:00 AM   #310
hoopsguy
General Manager

So Bullet was a Fundie, but listened to Devil music? I hate to lose a true member of the flock, but suspect that this one may have had liberal tendencies. May god have mercy on her soul.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:35 AM   #311
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, it doesn't look like there are any updates to the list of liberals. So for now we are looking to vote on that rather than a stoning.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:12 AM   #312
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

well I'm still alive. so that's a plus! headed home to the computer. gather bullet is dead which is a shame. more in a bit
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:23 AM   #313
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

Vote Bullet to liberal list
ImTheCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:45 AM   #314
hoopsguy
General Manager

Crew, I don't think you need to vote the dead person to the liberal list. Particularly when they show up as a Fundy.

Get in the game, Dad!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:46 AM   #315
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

so you have NTN as 75% cleared cronin? despite the fact that between when you posted that and your earlier comment about "what did LSG mean about NTN being a good wolf the past couple of days" NTN didn't say anything? and LSG wasn't exactly a lock to be stoned at that point either...
Old 03-28-2007, 09:52 AM   #316
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

LOL sorry VOTE BLADE TO LIBERAL LIST

had bullet on mind
ImTheCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:05 AM   #317
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
so you have NTN as 75% cleared cronin? despite the fact that between when you posted that and your earlier comment about "what did LSG mean about NTN being a good wolf the past couple of days" NTN didn't say anything? and LSG wasn't exactly a lock to be stoned at that point either...

Yep, my guess about that post is that there was some discussion amongst the homos about who to take down, and that something ntn said had alarmed them, so they were looking to frame him up.

I think ntn is on God's side.

knives out
Old 03-28-2007, 10:06 AM   #318
hoopsguy
General Manager

One game mechanic that I'm wondering about is the ability for people to end up on the liberal list overnight - not based on something they say, but on some other action taken either by them or against them.

So far we have not seen this come into play - I guess I expected it to based on how I read the rules initially. So without LoneStarGirl's misstep, we would be playing a game with very, very limited information. That just doesn't seem like how Anxiety presented the game at the outset. Which makes me think I'm clearly missing something. Anyone have thoughts (that they are willing to share) on this that might help make a little more sense out of this?
Old 03-28-2007, 10:26 AM   #319
path12
Coordinator

LSG was bad with ntn in the Marvel game and IIRC correctly in one of the small games also, so that could have been what she meant. The fact that she was calling him out so early leads me to explore other options.

Not sure what to think of the cronin/blade discussion. Tend to believe it's the usual early game misunderstanding that ends up becoming more of a drama than it deserves, though it strikes me that there might be something there one way or the other. I need to go back through some of those statements.

No access at night sucks, understand that is the reason why I'm quieter than normal.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:28 AM   #320
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
One game mechanic that I'm wondering about is the ability for people to end up on the liberal list overnight - not based on something they say, but on some other action taken either by them or against them.

So far we have not seen this come into play - I guess I expected it to based on how I read the rules initially. So without LoneStarGirl's misstep, we would be playing a game with very, very limited information. That just doesn't seem like how Anxiety presented the game at the outset. Which makes me think I'm clearly missing something. Anyone have thoughts (that they are willing to share) on this that might help make a little more sense out of this?

As a vanilla role I'm not sure I can help much, but I am working off the assumption that some of the night roles can investigate and if liberal tendencies are found (ie Bullet's metal records) that they could then place that person on the list. I'm also assuming a traditional seer role that could out them gays.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:40 AM   #321
hoopsguy
General Manager

I have no inside knowledge about how game balance would work here, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if both sides had a night ability to put people on the Liberal list. Which is why I'm surprised that with three night phases so far (we had a Night 0) that no one has made their way onto the list yet.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:43 AM   #322
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, now that we have seen a night kill I'm definitely intrigued about what might have happened on Night 1. If there were any fireworks, both sides kept a pretty low profile.

A Night 1 conversion seems like a pretty likely result. If that is the case, there were probably 2-3 gays to start the game. I don't think it is at all likely, at this point, that there were a high number (like six) starting gays.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:47 AM   #323
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Quote:
I have no inside knowledge about how game balance would work here, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if both sides had a night ability to put people on the Liberal list. Which is why I'm surprised that with three night phases so far (we had a Night 0) that no one has made their way onto the list yet.

Exactly the sort of thing I've been wondering.

knives out
Old 03-28-2007, 10:47 AM   #324
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
As a result, no one is seconded, no one has a plurality of votes, every nomination ends at one perpson, and no names are written on teh board.

You are not dismayed, however, for the Lord provides. Somehow, you know a name will be there in the moning.

Day One has Ended. Night One has Begun and will end at 2:00 am est Tuesday.

This is why I expected to see a name on the list overnight - maybe a case of me reading a little too much into the moderator text ...
Old 03-28-2007, 10:51 AM   #325
Tyrith
College Starter

This feeling of cluelessness I have right is just wonderful, I'll tell you.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:52 AM   #326
st.cronin
General Manager

I said on day 1 that I expected within a few days that the entire roster of players would be on the list. So, yeah. Anyway.

knives out
Old 03-28-2007, 10:54 AM   #327
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think it odd Cronin was trying to save LSG yesterday, almost like trying to hide out in the open.

VOTE ST.CRONIN
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:03 AM   #328
st.cronin
General Manager

Except, as I pointed out Lathum, it would have been impossible to save her - one vote and she would have been stoned.

At any rate, I wish I *would* end up on the liberal list, and get stoned. It might finally point some people in the right direction.

knives out
Old 03-28-2007, 11:07 AM   #329
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
and FTR...i didn't vote last night because it was clear that nothing was going to happen. We weren't going to get to lynch anyone, and honesty I expected multiple people to end up on the liberal-list after night-actions so we'd have a choice today and didn't see any reason to put a 3rd person up there without any actual reason.

OK, coming back around to this. While I have said that I thought we would have seen a name on the "Liberal List" overnight by now, why did you think we would see two names on the list at the start of Day 2?

Also, would the names on the list have been "without any actual reason" as your vote potentially would have been on Day 1? You have also suggested earlier that you do not have any particularly meaningful abilities, so I'm really puzzled where you were headed with these comments. Suggesting two people sounds like you have a reason for the belief, but what?
Old 03-28-2007, 11:39 AM   #330
Ironhead
College Prospect

This I what it looks like the final count was from last night:

Stoners
3 - LoneStarGirl - hoopsguy (232), Lathum (233), Ironhead (242)

Liberal Votes
3 - st.cronin - Chief Rum (179), Blade (252), DaddyTorgo (267 - changed stone vote)
1 - Chief Rum - path12 (185)
1 - bulletsponge - ntndeacon (182)
1 - Blade - st.cronin (183)
1 - DaddyTorgo - bulletsponge (199)
1 - ntndeacon - LoneStarGirl (205)

No Vote
Tyrith (unvoted for Chief Rum as liberal - cast no further vote)(260)
ImtheCrew
KWhit

ImtheCrew feels very under the radar to me. He did not cast a vote at all two days in a row. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt due to confusion the 1st day, but I at this point I think I really need to hear why he didn't vote.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:40 AM   #331
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:46 AM   #332
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

what I MEANT cronin, was that the common way things work (as you know) is that we'll end up with a "runoff" or sorts between two different people, and try to use that to gain insight via voting records. So I had assumed that if were going to put one person on the list we'd then try to get another on there and have a "showdown" of sorts between them, and I didn't see any reason (with the added mechanic of having to get them on the list) to put a 3rd person in there to "muddy the water"
Old 03-28-2007, 12:08 PM   #333
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheCrew View Post
Vote Bullet to liberal list

Hon, you're making the family look bad.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:19 PM   #334
KWhit
Coordinator

Color me confused.

I think the blade - cronin thig is about the only thing I have to go on at this point. They're both acting suspicious, so I'll likely place a vote on one of them if nothing else happens today.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:24 PM   #335
Blade6119
Coordinator

Here a very unbased in fact guess of evil for me right now:

LSG
Cronin
Kwhit

Just stating that publicly right now so i can go back to it later and see how wrong/right i was
Demotivation
Old 03-28-2007, 12:26 PM   #336
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Also, now that we have seen a night kill I'm definitely intrigued about what might have happened on Night 1. If there were any fireworks, both sides kept a pretty low profile.

A Night 1 conversion seems like a pretty likely result. If that is the case, there were probably 2-3 gays to start the game. I don't think it is at all likely, at this point, that there were a high number (like six) starting gays.
I dont have any evidence to back it up, but night 1 might have been a failed attack or conversion on me. Just putting that out there, as it is a possible explanation for night 1
Demotivation
Old 03-28-2007, 12:29 PM   #337
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

My gut says st. cronin isn't bad (or Blade), so I won't vote for them to the list just yet. But people have been too quiet. If he weren't my husband, I would probably be all over Crew.

I doubt LSG outed a wolf when she made the ntn comment. It was too early for her to play that card. It doesn't clear him, but it moves him down my list for now. hoops, Lathum and Ironhead get passes right now because they voted to stone LSG, and it was unclear at the time if they were voting against a liberal list vote (meaning all three votes were meaningful, even though only one was needed for the stoning, as it turned out).

That leaves Kwhit, path12, DaddyTorgo and Tyrith. Although Tyrith voted for me, a good, God-fearing woman, I think he is just misguided. So I will go with the one drawing the most suspicion right now in DaddyTorgo.

VOTE LIBERAL LIST DADDYTORGO
Old 03-28-2007, 12:31 PM   #338
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I dont have any evidence to back it up, but night 1 might have been a failed attack or conversion on me. Just putting that out there, as it is a possible explanation for night 1

Did you see something to lead you to believe this?
Old 03-28-2007, 01:27 PM   #339
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Here a very unbased in fact guess of evil for me right now:

LSG
Cronin
Kwhit

Just stating that publicly right now so i can go back to it later and see how wrong/right i was

You think LSG is bad? Based on what?

knives out
Old 03-28-2007, 01:31 PM   #340
KWhit
Coordinator

And why would you suspect me?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:36 PM   #341
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm borrowing from Ironhead's list of votes from last night:

Quote:
Stoners
3 - LoneStarGirl - hoopsguy (232), Lathum (233), Ironhead (242)

Liberal Votes
3 - st.cronin - Chief Rum (179), Blade (252), DaddyTorgo (267 - changed stone vote)
1 - Chief Rum - path12 (185)
1 - bulletsponge - ntndeacon (182)
1 - Blade - st.cronin (183)
1 - DaddyTorgo - bulletsponge (199)
1 - ntndeacon - LoneStarGirl (205)

I'm guessing that the wolves looked to spread out their votes at this point. The above list does not include the "No Votes".

So, would a wolf have the courage to hide their vote on LSG? If so, then I would guess it is Lathum - would be very audacious for a newcomer (Ironhead) to make that play in their first game. If not, I'm pretty sure we'll find one on the list of three voting for Cronin yesteday.

Other option would be to pick at some of the solo/non voters, but that leaves about half of our town.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:39 PM   #342
st.cronin
General Manager

Hoops, if Lathum is a wolf, I agree he would absolutely have stoned LSG. He would have played it exactly the way he did, in my opinion.

knives out
Old 03-28-2007, 01:39 PM   #343
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
You think LSG is bad? Based on what?

I would assume based on the fact that the player list on page one says "them gays" next to her name.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:40 PM   #344
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Hoops, if Lathum is a wolf, I agree he would absolutely have stoned LSG. He would have played it exactly the way he did, in my opinion.

your kidding, right?

casting what equates to the first vote on someone( hoops and I voted the same exact time) is hardly burying your vote.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:41 PM   #345
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I would assume based on the fact that the player list on page one says "them gays" next to her name.

Yeah, I forgot to put rolly eyes or something in the post.

knives out
Old 03-28-2007, 01:42 PM   #346
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
your kidding, right?

casting what equates to the first vote on someone( hoops and I voted the same exact time) is hardly burying your vote.

Not kidding. I'm not particularly suspicious of you, but don't try to convince me that you would have played it any differently if you were a wolf. You'd be wasting your time.

knives out
Old 03-28-2007, 01:45 PM   #347
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Not kidding. I'm not particularly suspicious of you, but don't try to convince me that you would have played it any differently if you were a wolf. You'd be wasting your time.

likewise you were trying to talk people out of it.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:48 PM   #348
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
So St. Cronin. Are you saying we shouldn't lynch LSG?

Quote:
Yes, that is exactly what I am saying.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:50 PM   #349
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
likewise you were trying to talk people out of it.

Yep. Looks bad now, doesn't it. I fully expect to land on the subversive list and get stoned within a day or two - that would be the strongest play for the village.

knives out
Old 03-28-2007, 02:21 PM   #350
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm borrowing from Ironhead's list of votes from last night:

I'm guessing that the wolves looked to spread out their votes at this point. The above list does not include the "No Votes".

So, would a wolf have the courage to hide their vote on LSG? If so, then I would guess it is Lathum - would be very audacious for a newcomer (Ironhead) to make that play in their first game. If not, I'm pretty sure we'll find one on the list of three voting for Cronin yesteday.

Other option would be to pick at some of the solo/non voters, but that leaves about half of our town.

I was wondering about the same thing. I would not be as quick to throw out the idea of a newcomer making that move. remember that wolves in general talk to each other. ANd if a newcomer was a wolf, they would probably let others take the lead on strategy decisions and follow those desicions where they lead.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote