Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-10-2007, 01:49 PM   #451
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Just want to take a second to apologize to everyone for the whole villegar thing. I never intended to form a CoT or develop trust from it. I just was having fun with Lathum. After realizing that it was going to become bigger than I intended, I tried to distance myself from it, I apologized in private to Lathum and tried to not bring it up again the rest of the game (even if my life depended on it.) I think though my saying it made things tougher on ntn and DT and MM, and apologize to them too. I think alot of kwhit and Hoops and doubt it had any impact on their play at the end, but I'm sure at least at some point it impacted play in an unfair way.

I think I played fairly well the last few days. I started suspecting ntn, I figured DT out and I think I made some pretty decent arguements the last two days. I still had fun though, and hope everyone else did too.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #452
st.cronin
General Manager

I wonder if there is any value in a gm NOT sending out pms except to people with special roles? So then after sending those out, he posts in game "pms sent - if you did not get one, you are a villegar, however you spell that."

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:20 PM   #453
hoopsguy
General Manager

Agreed on the villegar stuff - it is a shame it came up because it was a bit of a Pandora's Box over the next couple of days. I think early on it benefitted the wolves because it created (I think, anyway) a lot of the Day 1/2 furor around KWhit and I. This gave the wolves some space to hide.

I know they were hunting the seer, but it might have been best to take out Alan earlier in the game and remove potential for him to be trusted later in the game. Or at least mount a very subversive FUD campaign against him.

I hate being the last villager killed in games. I think that happens to me almost as often as I'm converted. Right on the brink of a winning game and BOOM! - no win for you.

The small games really do play differently for me than the big games. For better or worse, I think I get a certain amount of latitude early in big games but in the small games I seem to experience the opposite. Probably has a lot to do with playing styles.

Alan, your point at the end of yesterday on the vote switching was just game/set/match in terms of an argument with DT on roles. Very rare to see that happen in a werewolf game and I wanted to acknowledge that. Although I'm sure he didn't appreciate your "DT, you aren't exercising optimum strategy" posts as they came off as a little condescending (again, my read, YMMV), even if you truly meant them in an instructive buddy kind of way.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:21 PM   #454
hoopsguy
General Manager

And another note - there is no player in all of werewolf that I am more consistently wrong about than Cronin. Sorry for my role in Day 2 - it was a total no-win situation for you, given your role.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:24 PM   #455
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
And another note - there is no player in all of werewolf that I am more consistently wrong about than Cronin.

You and Alan both. I very rarely mind the heat, or an early exit. It gives me a chance to follow the game with a little distance, which I enjoy.

I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do with my role in this game. I couldn't reveal before the seer, because it was obviously better for me to get lynched than the seer.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:35 PM   #456
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Agreed on the villegar stuff - it is a shame it came up because it was a bit of a Pandora's Box over the next couple of days. I think early on it benefitted the wolves because it created (I think, anyway) a lot of the Day 1/2 furor around KWhit and I. This gave the wolves some space to hide.

I know they were hunting the seer, but it might have been best to take out Alan earlier in the game and remove potential for him to be trusted later in the game. Or at least mount a very subversive FUD campaign against him.

I hate being the last villager killed in games. I think that happens to me almost as often as I'm converted. Right on the brink of a winning game and BOOM! - no win for you.

The small games really do play differently for me than the big games. For better or worse, I think I get a certain amount of latitude early in big games but in the small games I seem to experience the opposite. Probably has a lot to do with playing styles.

Alan, your point at the end of yesterday on the vote switching was just game/set/match in terms of an argument with DT on roles. Very rare to see that happen in a werewolf game and I wanted to acknowledge that. Although I'm sure he didn't appreciate your "DT, you aren't exercising optimum strategy" posts as they came off as a little condescending (again, my read, YMMV), even if you truly meant them in an instructive buddy kind of way.

Wasn't meant as condescending at all, hope it wasn't taken that way. It was mostly meant in a gamey way to put the proverbial nail in the coffin so to speak. I enjoy playing with DT as i do with most everyone, and have no desire to make him hate me
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:47 PM   #457
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, FWIW I hate when we are both villagers
Old 05-10-2007, 03:29 PM   #458
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Wasn't meant as condescending at all, hope it wasn't taken that way. It was mostly meant in a gamey way to put the proverbial nail in the coffin so to speak. I enjoy playing with DT as i do with most everyone, and have no desire to make him hate me

eh...it did piss me off a little...seemed to come off a bit that way. honestly though, if I wasn't so tired and having so much RL-drama going on, it wouldn't have bothered me 1/100th as much. Fact, now that the game's over, I'm pretty much over it. Or I will be after I meet my buddy for beers in an hour.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:02 PM   #459
path12
Coordinator

I'd just like to say that I was on both DT and ntn early. Thank you.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:15 PM   #460
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post

I seem to remember the "Kill the Villager Hoops" middle part a little more vividly
Old 05-10-2007, 04:33 PM   #461
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post

I need to do more "random" say one votes to pick my wolves

BTW I do think the "villegar" think did screw the wolves in this game as it caused me to reread my PM and see it was almost verbatim of what Alan got and kept me from even thinking of him as a suspect. People can say it didn't effect them, but I do believe it did/does in the small games especially.

Well run game Lathum thanks for GMing it.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:39 PM   #462
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I seem to remember the "Kill the Villager Hoops" middle part a little more vividly

Well, there was that too. But in the immortal words of Meat Loaf, two outta three ain't bad.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:12 PM   #463
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Good game, everyone! Glad the good guys pulled it out!
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:16 PM   #464
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think the solution, ftr, is to give the wolves a copy of the pms sent out for the roles, or at least for the villagers, so if some sort of COT is tried the wolves can be all over it.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:16 PM   #465
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I think the solution, ftr, is to give the wolves a copy of the pms sent out for the roles, or at least for the villagers, so if some sort of COT is tried the wolves can be all over it.

BUt if that was done, to make sure the villagers know about it beforehand. A wrong COT due to PMs is just as bad as a right COT due to PMs.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:35 PM   #466
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
BUt if that was done, to make sure the villagers know about it beforehand. A wrong COT due to PMs is just as bad as a right COT due to PMs.
Yes, sorry that was assumed on my part. I plan on putting that in the rules.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:45 PM   #467
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

The funny thing is we had talked about going in a totally different idea. Peregrine was talked about both nights. I did not understand the voting for DT the night after SnDvls was killed instead of path. I thought path getting killed would even reek harder of someone framing hoops, than killing someone different.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote