Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-06-2007, 02:36 PM   #51
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Note that hoops should not be listed as not voted in the list above and that I cast the a vote in the 49th post, a fact I found cool.

Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:48 PM   #52
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll try to give you space to do so for all future games, BK

Going to be out for awhile this afternoon, should be around prior to deadline if there is discussion of candidates.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:39 PM   #53
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'll try to give you space to do so for all future games, BK

Going to be out for awhile this afternoon, should be around prior to deadline if there is discussion of candidates.
Man I'm feeling the hate :P
Old 05-06-2007, 04:24 PM   #54
path12
Coordinator

Best reason I saw was Molly's vote on Alan so I'll pile on there.

VOTE MOLLY MURPHY
Old 05-06-2007, 05:13 PM   #55
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

How many wolves do y'all think we have. 2? 3? If it is as I think, 2, then we can afford to be wrong on three days before it gets critical. If it is 3 of them, then we then we need to get one today or tomorrow.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:40 PM   #56
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

So its 3 votes molly, 2 votes barkeep, 1 everyone else and only me left to vote?

I can either condemn molly to death for her flawed analysis about me, or I can tie it up with Barkeep having the longest standing vote against him (St.cronin's vote) thus condemning him to lynch... Or I can vote somewhere else completely unrelated and leave that choice up to someone else.

I think I'll wait a bit and let them both sweat it out some. (oh and give any opportunities why I shouldn't vote one or the other)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:48 PM   #57
MollyMurphy
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
How many wolves do y'all think we have. 2? 3? If it is as I think, 2, then we can afford to be wrong on three days before it gets critical. If it is 3 of them, then we then we need to get one today or tomorrow.

According to the set up by the innkeeper Lathum, "a pair werewolves come down from their den in the mountains"....that leads me to believe there are only 2.
MollyMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:50 PM   #58
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

that is what iget for not reading it thouroughly.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #59
MollyMurphy
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Well I didn't cast the first second vote since I didn't want one coming back to me but since it already has, I think Molly's suspicion of Alan's posts seems like the worst reason so I'll go ahead and

Unvote st.cronin
Vote Molly Murphy

Hey, it's day one...at least I gave a reason. There have been votes without a reason at all.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:19 PM   #60
hoopsguy
General Manager

And back from a two year old birthday party this afternoon - doesn't appear that there has been much werewolf action while I was out.

I'm hoping the weekend Day 1 isn't messing with people's schedules too much here. It has been awfully quiet, even by Day 1 standards, given the group playing in this one.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:34 PM   #61
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I was hoping for someone to help me decide which way to go with my vote, was hoping barkeep or molly to help with that since their necks are on the line, but the indifference from them both tell me neither have important roles if they are good, so it doesnt matter either way.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:58 PM   #62
hoopsguy
General Manager

The good news - you look like a genius if you cast the final vote for a wolf with the power to free/hang.

The bad news - an inordinate amount of blame when you are wrong, particularly as a vocal player.

If you want someone to bounce ideas off of, I'm going to be in and out before the deadline. I'm not married to my vote (it is Day 1) but haven't seen any compelling reason to change it yet.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:12 PM   #63
MollyMurphy
Mascot

I can assure you that I am NOT a wolf... so goes day one voting. I have learned in my first few games not to vote without a reason. I find a reason, and now I am in trouble for the reason I chose. What is even crazier to me is that there are votes that were made with absolutely no reason at all and they are fine...no suspicion at all.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:24 PM   #64
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

stick with it mol.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:24 PM   #65
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The good news - you look like a genius if you cast the final vote for a wolf with the power to free/hang.

The bad news - an inordinate amount of blame when you are wrong, particularly as a vocal player.

If you want someone to bounce ideas off of, I'm going to be in and out before the deadline. I'm not married to my vote (it is Day 1) but haven't seen any compelling reason to change it yet.

I am guessing I am stuck with villager vs villager to choose from here. The person I want to vote for is kwhit, but doing so is the same as voting molly at this point.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:26 PM   #66
hoopsguy
General Manager

Why Kwhit? If there is a strong argument I'm not married to my Barkeep vote.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:28 PM   #67
MollyMurphy
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I am guessing I am stuck with villager vs villager to choose from here. The person I want to vote for is kwhit, but doing so is the same as voting molly at this point.

Kwhit is one of the 2 who placed random votes, no reason, and has not done much else. Sndvls did as well.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:30 PM   #68
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

kwit threw down the first vote on MM without any explanation and then ran. Guess that's the explanation for that
Old 05-06-2007, 08:34 PM   #69
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well, my thought is I know Im a good guy, the wolves know Im a good guy, I think MM's reason to vote me was so poor that even a wolf wouldn't front that, but a wolf would use her vote as a reason to jump on her. The way Kwhit did it was the old "she's obviously trying to jump on Alan for no reason so I'll vote her" vote.

Out of the three, I feel more likely he is the wolf
Old 05-06-2007, 08:38 PM   #70
hoopsguy
General Manager

I guess you can point to the "no explanation" vote as questionable, but I'm not sure how fair it is to call something "hit and run" over the weekend.

So, why KWhit over SnDvls to pick another name here? Just trying to flesh out thoughts on this, as Alan seems pretty confident that the two people in the lead are villager vs villager, despite the fact that there is no role that could be certain of this information outside of a wolf. I'm fine with playing gut instinct, but I want to understand the thought process before I back it.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:41 PM   #71
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alternate explanation - KWhit responded to your "villegar" post, saw the same thing in his role PM, and put his vote out there to protect you from someone who seemed to be jumping on you.

I have no idea what KWhit's thought process was - it would be convenient if he was here to talk about this himself. But if you were a wolf, how would you respond to potential for your post to start creating a circle of trust? Would you try to remove the center (Alan) or would you try to align with him? From what you are posting, it seems like you think the latter.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:44 PM   #72
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

My vote can be changed as well. your reasoning is more sound than anything Ican come up with.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:47 PM   #73
MollyMurphy
Mascot

Quote:
Well, my thought is I know Im a good guy, the wolves know Im a good guy, I think MM's reason to vote me was so poor that even a wolf wouldn't front that, but a wolf would use her vote as a reason to jump on her. The way Kwhit did it was the old "she's obviously trying to jump on Alan for no reason so I'll vote her" vote.

Out of the three, I feel more likely he is the wolf

Let's face it, everyone's reason on day one sucks... We have a vote made for someone being scared, one for the lowest # of posts on day 1, etc. None of them are good...
Old 05-06-2007, 08:48 PM   #74
MollyMurphy
Mascot

Given that I am in a tough position right now and it started w/ Barkeep changing his vote.

UNVOTE ALAN T

VOTE BARKEEP
Old 05-06-2007, 08:58 PM   #75
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Current Vote count with 30 minutes until deadline.

Barkeep 3 ( St.Cronin 17,Hoopsguy 48, MollyMurphy 74 )
DaddyTorgo 1 ( Sndvls 28 )
MollyMurphy 3 ( Kwhit 42, Barkeep 49, Path 54 )
Hoopsguy 1 ( NTNdeacon 44 )
Path12 1 ( Peregrine 45 )
Kwhit 1 ( Daddytorgo 46 )

Not Voted AlanT
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:58 PM   #76
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I hate Day 1 voting, you basically just have to take a wild stab at it and see if you get it right. We're looking at a tied vote right now, yes? I hate to be a late vote tiebreaker because you never live that down, heh.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:06 PM   #77
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, the person who is the late vote tiebreaker often lives to see the next day and makes themself a target for the seer scan. So I don't think it is all bad.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:20 PM   #78
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Alternate explanation - KWhit responded to your "villegar" post, saw the same thing in his role PM, and put his vote out there to protect you from someone who seemed to be jumping on you.

Yep.

I didn't want to actually come out and state it because I HATE IT when we form COTs from what our PMs say, but that's it. He misspelled "villegar" in my PM too. So when Molly voted for you, I figured she didn't get the same PM you did, and therefore has a high possibility of being a wolf.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:23 PM   #79
MollyMurphy
Mascot

Lathum always spells villager wrong...I am sure everyone agrees....
Old 05-06-2007, 09:31 PM   #80
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hmm, I'm surprised that there was no movement at the end here. Would either support the villegar (er, villager) vs villager scenario or just imply that people aren't around tonight. But plenty of people have popped in over the last couple of hours and not made a move to cast a vote for one of the two main participants: Alan T, Peregrine, NTN, and DaddyT. SnDvls is the only one without a vote on either BK/MM that I haven't seen here this evening.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:31 PM   #81
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

deadline
Old 05-06-2007, 09:36 PM   #82
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMurphy View Post
Lathum always spells villager wrong...I am sure everyone agrees....

There are 18 werewolf threads with the word "villegar" included. I'm not going to search every one to see if Lathum is the person spelling it this way, but one stuck out for me:

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...light=villegar

This was a 1 post thread from Lathum

Oh, and this one - the original that this game is based upon, from June 2005.

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...light=villegar Post #147.

So I would agree that we have to concede the villegar point, Molly
Old 05-06-2007, 09:36 PM   #83
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I figured it was villegar vs. villegar and honestly didn't think that one was a better choice than the vote I already had out there.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:37 PM   #84
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

At the end of the day, everyone gathers and their votes are cast.

Barkeep 3 ( St.Cronin 17,Hoopsguy 48, MollyMurphy 74 )
DaddyTorgo 1 ( Sndvls 28 )
MollyMurphy 3 ( Kwhit 42, Barkeep 49, Path 54 )
Hoopsguy 1 ( NTNdeacon 44 )
Path12 1 ( Peregrine 45 )
Kwhit 1 ( Daddytorgo 46 )

Not Voted AlanT

3 people agree that Barkeep must go, so he is introduced to the sturdy roof beams and plentiful coils of rope on the hotel porch, proclaiming his innocence all the way. Unfortunately, he doesn't change forms as he is hung, so apparently he was an innocent villager after all, just as he said.

Night Turn 2

Lathum - killed Night 1 (innkeeper)
1. Daddytorgo
2. KWhit
3. MollyMurphy
4. Peregrine
5. NTNDeacon
6.Barkeep- villegar- lynched day 1
7.SNDVLS
8.AlanT
9. St Cronin
10. HoopsGuy
11. Path

Wolves, PM me your kill for the night.
Seer, PM me who you want to view.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:40 PM   #85
hoopsguy
General Manager

If the seer is soliciting advice, I would ask him to take a look at Molly so we can determine if there is any real meaning in the votes from today.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:43 PM   #86
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Oh well.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:50 PM   #87
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

sorry barkeep
Old 05-06-2007, 10:33 PM   #88
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
wow. Thanks sndvls...i'm honored

you are welcome....just got home from after the Suns post game pitty party and a visit over at my dad's.

looks like we struck out on a wolf today...hopefully tomorrow will bring better results.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:34 PM   #89
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Lathum, just for confirmation, are we doing full role reveal in the game? The way you phrased it in the post seemed sort of iffy.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:39 PM   #90
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Lathum, just for confirmation, are we doing full role reveal in the game? The way you phrased it in the post seemed sort of iffy.

how is that?
Old 05-06-2007, 11:47 PM   #91
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I guess it was the way you said "apparently he was an innocent villager after all." I just wanted to make sure we'd find out if a dead person had some special role.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:03 AM   #92
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I guess it was the way you said "apparently he was an innocent villager after all." I just wanted to make sure we'd find out if a dead person had some special role.

well I was quoting you after all...
Old 05-07-2007, 12:49 AM   #93
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The sounds of screams, rending and tearing are heard in the night, but no one dares leave the room until daylight. When everyone shuffles out into the dim morning light, one person is missing: MollyMurphy. her mangled remains are given a quick burial behind the hotel, and there is now one less villager among you.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:16 AM   #94
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Ugh, so now we're down to 9. Let's see, both the primary subjects from yesterday are day, so we'll need to start all over.

Alan T, why didn't you vote yesterday? In a small game, it kind of stands out.

Anyone else we want information from today? So far, the wolves are playing us for chumps, with two good guys dead.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:17 AM   #95
Peregrine
Pro Starter

err that should read, the primary subjects from yesterday are dead, obviously
Old 05-07-2007, 05:25 AM   #96
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ugh, so now we're down to 9. Let's see, both the primary subjects from yesterday are day, so we'll need to start all over.

Alan T, why didn't you vote yesterday? In a small game, it kind of stands out.

Anyone else we want information from today? So far, the wolves are playing us for chumps, with two good guys dead.

My comments about it are above just a few posts up.

I didn't want to vote either of them, I tried to convince people to select a different choice with me, but no one did.

Since both were villagers like I guessed, which would you have rather me have lynched? Any other vote at the time would have been a throw away anyways, so who cares? I was obviously in the thread, active and participating. And I stated who my preference for a vote would had been (Kwhit). So if you must tie me down to a selection, just use that.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:42 AM   #97
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hmm, curious choice for the kill. Clearly Molly would have been discussed today as a wolf option.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:50 AM   #98
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
My comments about it are above just a few posts up.

I didn't want to vote either of them, I tried to convince people to select a different choice with me, but no one did.

Since both were villagers like I guessed, which would you have rather me have lynched? Any other vote at the time would have been a throw away anyways, so who cares? I was obviously in the thread, active and participating. And I stated who my preference for a vote would had been (Kwhit). So if you must tie me down to a selection, just use that.

I can certainly understand that, no one wanted to throw their vote and break a deadlock of people they didn't have a strong feeling for. We're going to have to poke around and see what we can find, evidence wise. Not too much in the way of voting patterns now that Molly is also dead.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:22 AM   #99
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

This is the first game in a long time that I've gotten a pretty bad wolf vibe from Hoops. I had thought the medication I was taken had cured me of that.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:26 AM   #100
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'm here. like i said, ton of work to be done this week at work, so don't like for me to be overly active.

can we please start letting MM live past D1/N1. I'm starting to get really sad for her...cut her a damm break.

Prolly won't check in again till around lunchtime though i will have the thread open. Needta get some of this work under my belt.