Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-07-2007, 08:44 AM   #101
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
This is the first game in a long time that I've gotten a pretty bad wolf vibe from Hoops. I had thought the medication I was taken had cured me of that.

Check the dosages on the medication. Just your average tourist here.

I'm willing to play out one more day under the assumption that we're on the same team but I would like some thoughts on why you seemed pretty sure that Barkeep and Molly were both on the same team. Obviously you were right, but that seemed like a little bit of a leap to make yesterday. Especially when those were the two people that were challenging you, either directly or indirectly on your PM observation.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:45 AM   #102
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, I just checked Page 1 ... lets not shed too many tears for Molly this game as the wolves just took out the sorcerer for us.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:54 AM   #103
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Check the dosages on the medication. Just your average tourist here.

I'm willing to play out one more day under the assumption that we're on the same team but I would like some thoughts on why you seemed pretty sure that Barkeep and Molly were both on the same team. Obviously you were right, but that seemed like a little bit of a leap to make yesterday. Especially when those were the two people that were challenging you, either directly or indirectly on your PM observation.

I pretty much already addressed the Molly issue, I just don't think it would be a smart play for her to make if she was a wolf in that situation. She normally wouldn't be scanned day 1, she probably could hide UtR a day or two, so why draw attention to yourself in the way she did by throwing that arguement against me out there like that and either get yourself lynched, or end up being an early seer scan target? It doesn't make sense on level 1 thinking to me or level 2 thinking. The only way I could reasonably think it would be a wolf play would be on a third level of thinking that I don't see happening in a small game where you would be gambling on who the seer is and if they would bite that or not. I just didn't buy it.

Barkeep I didn't really comment on much, but his only real comment towards me was the Meta game comment, and he probably was right. There is a reason you don't quote PMs in the game, and its to make the games not be unfair. I didn't intend to do so to form any circle of trust, or to try to setup the wolves for it, I honestly found it funny, and wanted to pick fun at Lathum for it. After Barkeep's comment, he probably was right and thats why I said what I did. Just assume that I remembered the endless amount of times people had made fun of Lathum for it and had saved it for another one of his games one day to try to use it to buy trust. I didn't and still don't want people to trust me or not trust me due to me claiming he said that in my PM. Thats all it was a claim just like anyone else who had said they were a villager claims. Believe it at the same length you believe anyone else. I didn't really see any real reason for the votes on Barkeep either.

I commented, actually threatened being the lynch vote on either of them. I laid it out there with enough time for them or anyone else to make a move to try to "protect" both of them. I then tossed out another candidate bait to see if I could get anyone to move off of them with me. No one cared to do anything, and it just told me that no one out there really cared which lived or died, and most likely it was just villager vs villager. In the end, since neither stated they were seer or bodyguard, there wasn't any huge reason for me to go out on a limb to save one or the other, so I just let things play out as they did.

I still find Kwhit's vote the "oddest" that day and to some extent, I had the feeling of you (Hoopsguy) "protecting" him, by first tossing out an excuse for hiim to be able to jump on for his vote later when he did return, as well as throwing out a completely unrelated and irrelevant name (Sndvls) when I brought his up. I also didn't like how you threw out a suggestion for the seer to scan and then that suggestion end up dead. It somewhat felt like you wanted a "wasted" scan on someone rather than a more likely scan on an "established veteran" such as you might likely draw on night 1. Chances are Molly wouldn't have been the target for day 2, as she voted to save herself and that condemned Barkeep. People don't usually react strongly to selfpreservation votes.

Anyways, I'm probably 100% wrong, but out of day 1, the two wolves I felt were Kwhit and Hoopsguy. Like I said though, maybe my medication needs new dosages.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:55 AM   #104
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also, I just checked Page 1 ... lets not shed too many tears for Molly this game as the wolves just took out the sorcerer for us.

haha. well done wolves. thanks a lot!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:07 AM   #105
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, there was no attempt to protect KWhit. Discussion was dormant, I was trying to have a conversation with you about potentially moving votes over to KWhit as an alternative. In terms of providing an excuse for him, so be it if the alternative was moving votes without discussion. He had not been around all day up to that point and only appeared 15-20 minutes before the deadline.

In terms of intent with the villegar comments, I don't think we can put the genie back in the bottle. It is out there, people have reacted to it one way or another. Frankly, I'm surprised you were not the night kill last night given that there is not a bodyguard role in the game.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:43 AM   #106
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I still find Kwhit's vote the "oddest" that day and to some extent,
Anyways, I'm probably 100% wrong, but out of day 1, the two wolves I felt were Kwhit and Hoopsguy. Like I said though, maybe my medication needs new dosages.

Why in the world would you find my vote choice odd? It was perfectly logical and my theory proved to be correct - she was not a "villegar" after all. She was the sorcerer.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:52 AM   #107
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
haha. well done wolves. thanks a lot!

That kill actually makes good sense. They saw that she did not receive the villegar PM. They knew she wasn't a wolf. So they had a pretty good chance of killing the seer.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:03 AM   #108
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Odd choice indeed for the wolves knowing that she would probally get some suspicision today...sucks for them really

now on to today to nab a wolf.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:16 AM   #109
path12
Coordinator

I find the Molly kill really strange, especially considering there are pretty much just vets playing other than her. I would have looked for inexperienced wolves but that's not going to help. Hmmm.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:40 AM   #110
hoopsguy
General Manager

11 players starting
5 specials (2 wolves, hunter, seer, sorcerer)
6 villagers

Ratio is now at 4/5 (role/villager). The interesting part about this game for me is how it plays out for the seer. They don't have a bodyguard to protect them, so if they are in a position of having to reveal they are dead meat the following night.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:41 AM   #111
st.cronin
General Manager

Its not all that strange that Molly would be killed, considering that the seer was more or less asked to scan her, and there was almost no chance the bodyguard would protect her.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:45 AM   #112
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Its not all that strange that Molly would be killed, considering that the seer was more or less asked to scan her, and there was almost no chance the bodyguard would protect her.

Good point, especially since there is no bodyguard!
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:46 AM   #113
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Good point, especially since there is no bodyguard!

hmmmmmmm, ok never mind

knives out
Old 05-07-2007, 11:05 AM   #114
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

I guess, but they also would like to flush out the seer in a game with no bodyguard. Which could be potentially getting the seer to intervene with the vote to save someone who was under suspicion. In a small game there isn't much room for early misses, so it might be worth it for a seer to come out and save someone to give a better shot at a good lynch today.

Note - this is not an attempt to get the seer to carry out this action at some later point in the game

But there is a zero percent chance of that happening if the seer in fact scanned Molly last night. The wolves knew there would be no bodyguard, so they could take their shot at whoever they wanted. So why take out someone who was going to be a topic of discussion today?

The "hoping to get the seer" explanation makes a lot more sense to me than this line of thought.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:07 AM   #115
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I guess, but they also would like to flush out the seer in a game with no bodyguard. Which could be potentially getting the seer to intervene with the vote to save someone who was under suspicion. In a small game there isn't much room for early misses, so it might be worth it for a seer to come out and save someone to give a better shot at a good lynch today.

Note - this is not an attempt to get the seer to carry out this action at some later point in the game

But there is a zero percent chance of that happening if the seer in fact scanned Molly last night. The wolves knew there would be no bodyguard, so they could take their shot at whoever they wanted. So why take out someone who was going to be a topic of discussion today?

The "hoping to get the seer" explanation makes a lot more sense to me than this line of thought.

Why would they think she was the seer, though? I saw nothing in her posts that would remotely make me think that.

knives out
Old 05-07-2007, 11:17 AM   #116
hoopsguy
General Manager

I can buy the idea that they saw Molly as not buying into the "villegar" debate and going after the person who began the discussion on the topic. But that is about the only thing I saw from Molly that would me to believe there was anything different going on with her. In fact, this was the person I was most likely to shift away from Barkeep to vote for because of this logic. Obviously my wolf radar was not too keen yesterday.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:21 AM   #117
st.cronin
General Manager

Ok, well I'm going to

VOTE KWHIT

Since he voted for Molly yesterday. I realize that would be non-standard wolf play, but I've got nothing else to go on.

knives out
Old 05-07-2007, 11:32 AM   #118
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Ok, well I'm going to

VOTE KWHIT

Since he voted for Molly yesterday. I realize that would be non-standard wolf play, but I've got nothing else to go on.

What? I completely do not understand this. If anything, I should be one of the most trusted, since I jumped on Molly because she obviously did not get the "villegar" PM. I have 100% trust in Alan right now because I know he got the same PM as me. I acted on that knowledge by voting for the one person who it was obvious did not get that villegar PM. And I was correct in doing so.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:35 AM   #119
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Why would they think she was the seer, though? I saw nothing in her posts that would remotely make me think that.

Read my earlier posts on the subject.

They knew she did not get the villegar PM, so she had to have some kind of role.

They knew she was not a wolf.

That meant she had to be either the seer, hunter or sorcerer. Very good odds. The chance to kill the seer before she outed either of them was too good to pass up, so they ate her.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:40 AM   #120
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post

They knew she did not get the villegar PM, so she had to have some kind of role.

That meant she had to be either the seer, hunter or sorcerer. Very good odds. The chance to kill the seer before she outed either of them was too good to pass up, so they ate her.

devil's advocate...or you are a wolf trying to get us to make a run on her in order so that we take her out for you and thus improve your odds.

not sure i actually believe that, but i just like to make sure that all sides of the story are out there for people to see and consider.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:40 AM   #121
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post

OK, that theory makes a lot of sense to me. I guess it wasn't such a strange target after all.

As for the seer, IMO it's well worth the sacrifice once they find half of our wolf problem. Plus with the sorceror gone now the false reveal shouldn't be an issue.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:49 AM   #122
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

For christs sake can you please all put the PM issue to sleep. I don't even know where it came from.

Molly's PM

Quote:
you are the sorcerer. You want the wolves to win and achieve a victory if they do. You do not know who the wolves are and they don't know you.

You come up as a villegar on any seer scans and count as a villegar for winning conditions.

you all know I can't spell for shit so lets try and keep the reasons for voting in game
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:00 PM   #123
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
For christs sake can you please all put the PM issue to sleep. I don't even know where it came from.

Molly's PM

you all know I can't spell for shit so lets try and keep the reasons for voting in game

hear hear. enough of this. let's play the damm game and put it to rest.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:33 PM   #124
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Yeah thanks for posting that, it was starting to seem pretty ridiculous to tie an entire game to a GM's misspellings, whether this was correct or not. So, targets today. I don't see many good ones really but we have to vote for someone.

Any ideas? Should we just try to pressure someone?
Old 05-07-2007, 12:35 PM   #125
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Yeah thanks for posting that, it was starting to seem pretty ridiculous to tie an entire game to a GM's misspellings, whether this was correct or not. So, targets today. I don't see many good ones really but we have to vote for someone.

Any ideas? Should we just try to pressure someone?

I'm still leaning towards voting Hoops
Old 05-07-2007, 12:36 PM   #126
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
hear hear. enough of this. let's play the damm game and put it to rest.

You spelled damn wrong.

VOTE DADDY TORGO
Old 05-07-2007, 12:55 PM   #127
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
You spelled damn wrong.

VOTE DADDY TORGO

haha. jerk.

i presume you'll unvote before the deadline?

i think there is at least the potential to be made for cases against hoops, kwit, and maybe cronin again (if we're going back to his 'i'm scared' comment with any seriousness, which personally i don't know if i would).
Old 05-07-2007, 12:57 PM   #128
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I reread the thread, and I have to say if anyone is suspicious, Kwhit is. There's not any strong evidence, just a feeling. He seems to be pretty in tune with what "the wolves" are thinking. In the interest of building some pressure. We'll see what happens!

vote Kwhit
Old 05-07-2007, 01:00 PM   #129
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I'm still leaning towards voting Hoops

Then you will be voting for a villager, which I guess you can debate is better/worse than not casting a vote yesterday. And if you get enough people to follow you then I'll see my long streak of never being lynched as a villager come to an end, which would make me sad.

I'm going to work with the assumption that a seer is not going to come out and magically deliver us this vote. So, time to get cracking on figuring out where to go with this vote.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:02 PM   #130
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
haha. jerk.

i think there is at least the potential to be made for cases against hoops, kwit, and maybe cronin again (if we're going back to his 'i'm scared' comment with any seriousness, which personally i don't know if i would).

Can you lay out the cases against each of us? I'm genuinely interested in what kind of cases are being made against anyone at this point. Half of the remaining people in the game have cast votes for either a villager or the sorceror (who the wolves did not know), and the other half didn't actively participate in the "showdown" yesterday. So if the criteria for suspecting someone isn't around voting patterns, then what is it?
Old 05-07-2007, 01:03 PM   #131
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Then you will be voting for a villager, which I guess you can debate is better/worse than not casting a vote yesterday. And if you get enough people to follow you then I'll see my long streak of never being lynched as a villager come to an end, which would make me sad.

I'm going to work with the assumption that a seer is not going to come out and magically deliver us this vote. So, time to get cracking on figuring out where to go with this vote.

No one's ever accused me of being always right, or a genius or anything.. Usually just stubborn and annoyingly persistant once I have my mind made up on something
Old 05-07-2007, 01:15 PM   #132
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hoops...i didn't say it was my case against you. it seemed more like it was alan's case to lay out and make.

as for me...since path misspelled my name (he put a damn space in it)

VOTE PATH12

pretty sure that will change, but for now it's amusing me.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:21 PM   #133
st.cronin
General Manager

So the following players didn't vote for either Molly or BK on day 1:

SnDvls
ntndeacon
Peregrine
DaddyTorgo
AlanT

Alan, DT, and Peregrine were around close to deadline. I don't know about the other two.

I'm not particularly suspicious of anybody right now.

knives out
Old 05-07-2007, 01:22 PM   #134
hoopsguy
General Manager

DT, or anyone who wants to do so, I'm putting the challenge out there to make a real case against someone today based on what we've got so far. I think that is pretty challenging to do at this point given the events that we have had so far.

Each of the people who have special roles at this time have all kinds of incentive to play close to the vest right now, so everyone is going to be a villager until they are on the line. Then maybe we will see someone claim to be something else.

DT - I'm just trying to figure out why you would present an argument about three candidates and then shrink away when I challenge you on it. If you don't feel good about the case on me, or can't at least regurgitate something someone else has already said, then why throw my name out there as a candidate? And even if you don't feel good about the case against me, then do either of your other two candidates (KWhit and Cronin) feel like better options? I'm guessing no, since you then moved on to vote for Path. Where is a "scratching head" icon when you need one?
Old 05-07-2007, 01:23 PM   #135
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
So the following players didn't vote for either Molly or BK on day 1:

SnDvls
ntndeacon
Peregrine
DaddyTorgo
AlanT

Alan, DT, and Peregrine were around close to deadline. I don't know about the other two.

I'm not particularly suspicious of anybody right now.

NTN was as well. There was no sign of SnDvls.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:25 PM   #136
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

My first thought is that the Molly kill was an effort to frame hoops. He did nnounce to the world for the seer to view her. The wolves could have used that as a way to kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak. Make the seeing worthless for tonight, (which may or may not have happened) and it does draw a target on hoops back.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:27 PM   #137
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
DT, or anyone who wants to do so, I'm putting the challenge out there to make a real case against someone today based on what we've got so far. I think that is pretty challenging to do at this point given the events that we have had so far.

I agree entirely with this. The case against KWhit is thinner than water, but I don't see anything else at all out there.

knives out
Old 05-07-2007, 01:28 PM   #138
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
NTN was as well. There was no sign of SnDvls.

Yup I was there. and was paying some attention. I probably would have moved if Alan had gone to KWhit. (Assuming I had not gotten involved with my backgammon iwas playing too.)
Old 05-07-2007, 01:29 PM   #139
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
My first thought is that the Molly kill was an effort to frame hoops. He did nnounce to the world for the seer to view her. The wolves could have used that as a way to kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak. Make the seeing worthless for tonight, (which may or may not have happened) and it does draw a target on hoops back.

How does it put a target on hoops? I don't see that at all.

knives out
Old 05-07-2007, 01:31 PM   #140
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

well Hoops called for the person that was killed to be scanned, wasting the scanning of the seer.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:32 PM   #141
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
haha. jerk.

I don't know if I will, since I don't see the case against KWhit -- after all, he was the first vote on the sorceror, so even if he was bad he didn't hurt us a lot. I'd rather see a scan on him before going that way.

So then it comes down to hunches. And I got a hunch about you.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:33 PM   #142
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

and so since no one has a lot to go on, that might convince them that hoops is a way to go. I am not saying it was a clever ploy by the wolves, but it does hold together somewhat, that that could have been a reason.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:34 PM   #143
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yup I was there. and was paying some attention. I probably would have moved if Alan had gone to KWhit. (Assuming I had not gotten involved with my backgammon iwas playing too.)

Was pointless for me to put a vote on him when no one else even mentioned they would go with me on him then. I sat and watched to see if anything else developed, but the only thing that occured was Molly moving her vote to protect herself. After that i still was left with either:

1) Throwing away my vote, which is what I ended up doing
2) Voting for molly and killing her
3) Voting for barkeep and killing him.

If you were willing to switch to kwhit at the time, I sure wasn't aware of it. The only person I had any conversation about it that I remembered was Hoops who seemed very much more willing to see Barkeep dead than Kwhit dead.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:35 PM   #144
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

well Iam off to administer another final wont be back on til after 5 CST I will do my voting at that point.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:36 PM   #145
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
and so since no one has a lot to go on, that might convince them that hoops is a way to go. I am not saying it was a clever ploy by the wolves, but it does hold together somewhat, that that could have been a reason.

My issues with this are:

1) Hoops usually is an early Seer scan target
2) Hoops tried to convince the seer to scan elsewhere instead of a likely vet (such as himself)
3) If the Wolves were very afraid of hoops and wanted him dead, they would have just night killed him. No bodyguard = they could kill off anyone they wanted including hoops if they were most afraid of him.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:39 PM   #146
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, my thought is I know Im a good guy, the wolves know Im a good guy, I think MM's reason to vote me was so poor that even a wolf wouldn't front that, but a wolf would use her vote as a reason to jump on her. The way Kwhit did it was the old "she's obviously trying to jump on Alan for no reason so I'll vote her" vote.

Out of the three, I feel more likely he is the wolf

Quote:
My vote can be changed as well. your reasoning is more sound than anything Ican come up with.

Just wanted to make you aware that I did suggest changing my vote. I admit Idid not name Kwhit, but since it was only a couple of posts after your comments I thought it was inferred. If not iwill make it plainer in the future
Old 05-07-2007, 01:40 PM   #147
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

now ireally am off talk you y'all later
Old 05-07-2007, 01:43 PM   #148
st.cronin
General Manager

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the wolves were KWhit and either ntndeacon or Alan T. I think as a villager you have to use your vote, rather than worry about how it makes you look after the fact. Both of them seem to have been worried about how it would look.

knives out
Old 05-07-2007, 01:45 PM   #149
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hoops...i've stated that i'm busy at work. i was essentially summarizing, a "where are we at now" type of post. stating the three people whom others had mentioned as being candidates. frankly i havn't had any time to think about it today.

and my vote for path was a joke. as i assume his was for me...he voted for me cuz i misspelled a word, so i voted for him because he misspelled my SN.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:47 PM   #150
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dola

and i'd like to point out that i was already on kwit last night alan. i'd certainly consider that a way that made some sense to go today.