Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ahh well, any hows. Good luck good guys. I'll be following along
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:29 PM   #452
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

good luck? no fireworks?

last words of advice alan? so that's your list there hmm?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:30 PM   #453
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

deadline :-(
Old 06-22-2007, 09:30 PM   #454
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Thats a pretty easy statement to make when you've been sitting back and letting others make the mistakes the entire game.
Was I sitting back and letting others make mistakes when I noticed that the vote total on you looked suspicious and suggested a move to someone else? I often don't jump on people early when there's not much information, it's the way I play.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:33 PM   #455
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

deadline
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:33 PM   #456
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
good luck? no fireworks?

last words of advice alan? so that's your list there hmm?

No great advice here. All I have had since Cronin's death has been hunches. I said the other day that Barkeep and Pass seemed the strongest wolves to me, and haven't changed that much. I still feel Pass could be a wolf. Pass, Bullet and Mr.W are my strongest thoughts.. but I honestly have no clue. I am what I said however, just a normal boring ordinary golden ticket holder.

Luckily I don't really eat much candy, so this tour bored me anyhows!
Old 06-22-2007, 09:38 PM   #457
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

You all decide AlanT must pay for his past mistakes. Alan agrees and when the oompa loompa's appear he says " don't bother singing,
I'll go quietly"

As soon an AlanT is ushered out DaddyTorgo grabs Render and throws him in the great chocolate river and holds his head under until no more bubbles come up.

At the sametime bulletsponge grabs lonestargirl and shoves a packet of poprocks and a can of sprite down her neck. She begins to foam at the mouth as he stomache explodes. Mr. Wednesday grabs Passacaglia and shoves blueberry gum into his mouth. He expands until he explodes, reighning juice on every one.

The three left run through the factory and break in Willy Wonka's secret files, making the eccentric candy makers secrets their own.

BAd guys win!!
Old 06-22-2007, 09:39 PM   #458
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

thanks for playing everyone. All feedback is welcome, it was nice to be playing again
Old 06-22-2007, 09:40 PM   #459
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ahh, well looks like I was 2/3 right. unfortunatly it wasn't my first two choices.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:41 PM   #460
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

RAWR!!!!
Old 06-22-2007, 09:42 PM   #461
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

W00t!

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 06-22-2007, 09:42 PM   #462
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Just curious, Alan, what made you suspicious of me today?

Old 06-22-2007, 09:42 PM   #463
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

So anyways, I pretty much had guessed that Render was the bodyguard.

I couldn't figure out who the duke was and guessed that Mr.W was the Sympathizer.

Was I close on those?
Old 06-22-2007, 09:43 PM   #464
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

sorry Mr. Alan
Old 06-22-2007, 09:43 PM   #465
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Just curious, Alan, what made you suspicious of me today?

I wasn't suspicious of you as much as just ruled out most of the others. I didn't figure LSG, Render or DT were bad (I was wrong on DT obviously), I read into how Pass played this game a bit differently than I remember him in many games and think it affected me a bit too much in thinking he was evil.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:43 PM   #466
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

bulletsponge was the sympathizer, I was wolf from day 1.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:44 PM   #467
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I assumed from what you were saying that RendeR was the bodyguard too Alan. Couldn't figure out who the duke was...we were having fits thinking it might be you here at the end.

bullet was actually the sympathizer. and you all know the night we converted him was just last-night.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:44 PM   #468
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Of course, on the last day, you pretty much had 50/50 odds to identify one of us.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:45 PM   #469
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Of course, on the last day, you pretty much had 50/50 odds to identify one of us.

If only I had 6 or 7 more days I would have figured you all out!
Old 06-22-2007, 09:45 PM   #470
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

don't feel bad Mr. Alan.

DT played a very strong game I thought.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:46 PM   #471
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
So anyways, I pretty much had guessed that Render was the bodyguard.

I couldn't figure out who the duke was and guessed that Mr.W was the Sympathizer.

Was I close on those?

wrong.

LSG was the bodyguard and Pass was the duke.

The game really shifted when LSG failed to send in a protect order night 2 and later told me she was gonna protect hoops that night. She would have identified one of the attackers with a succesfull block.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:48 PM   #472
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

baaaad baaaaaaaad LSG!!

thanks though!!

i don't think the game was unbalanced per se, but I think that obviously the side of good failed to utilize all their special roles to their full ability/got unlucky with them. cronin finding the brutal wolf was a rough turn of events too, it would have been much better 2-3 days later when he'd have more to deliver than just a 1:1 tradeoff. Although I guess Pass would have likely duked to RendeR tonight and it would have ended up the same anyways.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:57 PM   #473
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
The game really shifted when LSG failed to send in a protect order night 2 and later told me she was gonna protect hoops that night. She would have identified one of the attackers with a succesfull block.
Wow.

That would have slaughtered us if she hadn't merely confirmed cronin's ID of saldana.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:58 PM   #474
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, and given that she would ID one attacker, I think the balance was probably about right.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:10 PM   #475
RendeR
Coordinator

Wow, very well played by the bad guys, and one slipup probably cost us the early loss, but hey, it happens.

I'm intrigued at how you guys come up with your theories early on. I played my hand as it was dealt, open and honest, trying to play the role of a happy go lucky ticket holder. I found it interesting to see the suspicion jump to me fairly quickly.

great Game Lathum!
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:14 PM   #476
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

same thing happens to everyone early RendeR...a few more games under your belt you start to see things and have more insight.

a lot of "theories" are basically just...gut feelings backed up by flimsy circumstantial evidence.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:32 PM   #477
Passacaglia
Coordinator

heh, I kind of forgot I was the duke. I don't think I would have used it for RendeR, though. I was pretty suspicious of Alan as well.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:35 PM   #478
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Damn, DT and BS totally had me snowed with that ntn vote. What made you guys do that?
Old 06-22-2007, 10:36 PM   #479
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

yah this was a terrible game for me to be bodyguard.

Night two I wanted to protect hoops but it never went through, before I even viewed the thread that morning I messaged lathum and told him I wanted to protect hoops but it was at 10 in the morning so it was too late. That really was the turning point. The funny thing is is that I was VERY suspicious of DT I just didn't know how to say it... I had myself blocking him tonight because I wanted to see if he went out to kill. GRRRRRR
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:38 PM   #480
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Wow, very well played by the bad guys, and one slipup probably cost us the early loss, but hey, it happens.

I'm intrigued at how you guys come up with your theories early on. I played my hand as it was dealt, open and honest, trying to play the role of a happy go lucky ticket holder. I found it interesting to see the suspicion jump to me fairly quickly.

great Game Lathum!

I don't play often, so I didn't know it was your first game until quite a ways into it. After a while, things click a little more. You just let your mind wander, and see what crap comes up. Or at least that's what I do -- that probably has a lot to do with why my circle of trust contained two wolves! But anyway, it's more fun when you put yourself out there.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:42 PM   #481
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

pass...we weren't on the same team then. We just converted BS last night.

awww...suspicious of lil ole me LSG? awwwww.

I'm not sure how our kill-mechanism worked, who actually did the kills, so I don't know how that would have played out.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:48 PM   #482
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Interesting. Seems like you, sal, and BS were all up in each other's grills that day. Thought it might have been nicely crafted.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:04 PM   #483
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

nope. But maybe he thought some of us were wolves and was trying to get attention so he could be converted? you'd hafta ask him on that
Old 06-22-2007, 11:46 PM   #484
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The reason I thought Mr.W was the sympathizer is I figured they would go after someone who was quieter and not as likely to get lynched. Since Mr.W was one of the only ones left that fit that category, I figured he could have been a night target and ended up being the sympathizer
Old 06-22-2007, 11:50 PM   #485
st.cronin
General Manager

I will never understand why people don't send in conditional orders. "Hey, werewolf gm, I'm not sure if I'm going to be online tonight, so if you don't hear from me, protect player x."

I also don't get why people don't throw out placeholder votes - failure to do that I think contributed to Barkeep being lynched.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:05 AM   #486
saldana
Pro Starter

a) very nice game lathum, thanks

b) i cant believe i got scanned on night 1. we were 99 percent sure that was what had happened first thing in the morning when cronin voted for me with no explanantion...i thought it was pretty obvious...the only reason we didnt kill him that night was because we thought it was obvious enough that he would have been protected by the bodyguard. the entire time, we had planned on pressuring him enough on day 3 to force him to reveal, just to make sure I got to go brutal on the right guy. it was just good luck for us that the pressure came from barkeep, and we were able to keep outselves separted from one another.

c)for those conjecturing about bullets activities early in the game...he was the sypmathizer, and was only a wolf for the last day of the game...it started as me, DT, and Mr. W, who both carried on excellently after my rather messy demise.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:15 AM   #487
st.cronin
General Manager

It was a total fluke that I scanned saldana on night 1. My usual seer strategy is to scan people that haven't gotten votes, but I somehow overlooked your name when looking at the vote totals for day 1.

In retrospect, I probably should have played a quieter game, I didn't really do the village much good with my moves.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:19 AM   #488
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I just want to say that DT made not one but two posts where he basically said he was a wolf, first on Day 1 and then yesterday.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:36 AM   #489
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
In retrospect, I probably should have played a quieter game, I didn't really do the village much good with my moves.
I think the only mistake was sorta kinda hinting at the seer thing when voting saldana. Both saldana and I picked up on it.

Old 06-23-2007, 02:20 PM   #490
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think the only mistake was sorta kinda hinting at the seer thing when voting saldana. Both saldana and I picked up on it.

Whatever its worth, thats why I thought he wasn't the seer because it felt too obvious to me, and I guess part of me let that be what led me to wondering if he was fishing for the real seer. Thats why I moved to Cronin instead of saldana the next day, I guessed Cronin was the brutal wolf, and hoped if I went after him early, he might pick me to kill off as opposed to someone more important.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:30 PM   #491
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Whatever its worth, thats why I thought he wasn't the seer because it felt too obvious to me, and I guess part of me let that be what led me to wondering if he was fishing for the real seer. Thats why I moved to Cronin instead of saldana the next day, I guessed Cronin was the brutal wolf, and hoped if I went after him early, he might pick me to kill off as opposed to someone more important.
My thinking was less developed than this but along this line as well which is why I sided towards wanting to vote for cronin over saldana.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 07:35 PM   #492
saldana
Pro Starter

i will say that i derived a certain amount of pleasure from watching everyone wonder what was going on the day after i died...whenever i am a wolf, i try to make sure when i die that i leave a certain amount of confusion behind me.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:11 PM   #493
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I just want to say that DT made not one but two posts where he basically said he was a wolf, first on Day 1 and then yesterday.

Which posts were these and how come I never pick up on that crap?
Old 06-23-2007, 08:57 PM   #494
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Which posts were these and how come I never pick up on that crap?

i remember reading them and saying to myself "why did he post that...he is gonna get himself lynched"
Old 06-23-2007, 10:29 PM   #495
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So was that a total slip up by DT, or just a bad joke?
Old 06-24-2007, 01:14 AM   #496
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
So was that a total slip up by DT, or just a bad joke?

bad joke. Honestly...bad joke. I didn't read CR's thing carefully and just wanted to play on the "saldana's a girl" thing in order to put a vote on him.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:19 AM   #497
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
bad joke. Honestly...bad joke. I didn't read CR's thing carefully and just wanted to play on the "saldana's a girl" thing in order to put a vote on him.

I was surprised DT did hat on day one. I have seen people get lynched for far less on day one.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:18 PM   #498
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sigh.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:41 PM   #499
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I was surprised DT did hat on day one. I have seen people get lynched for far less on day one.

aaah but see I had a feeling I wouldn't be lynched. I think in all the games i've played i've only been lynched early...once?

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-24-2007 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:44 PM   #500
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I know who I will be voting for day 1 in this next game