Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-01-2007, 09:52 AM   #1
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Werewolf XLVIII - The horror of sorcery hill (Game over)

You live in a mundane world, where power is described as those with a military rank, or political position or a certain amount of money. Often the unexplainable will occure however, items will be misplaced, or some weird sense of deja vu. Commonly these occurances are chalked up to simply being the supernatural, but when most people say supernatural, what they really mean is something that does not exist. Most people do not believe in magic, much less great power or abilities to be found within it.

You were raised in a long line of tremendous sorcerors. Your forefathers had great powers to spy on others unknowingly, to shift shapes, to turn matter into other completely different objects, or to even kill if needed. The charge your family has held for longer than can be remembered is the same that others of your order hold dear. You remain hidden, telling no one of your heritage or what your family is capable of. Your power is used for good, never to harm innocent people or for self profit. Your power is true, it is just , it is noble...

The only problem, you have no idea how to use your power, or even if you posess it. Your parents have sent you off to the legendary school "Sorcery Hill" where the timeless schoolmasters there will help you learn to harness your abilities to their full potential. Without the proper training or combination of items and utterings, such power could have horrible adverse effects. Your parents have packed your napsack with everything that you will need for the next 10 months, you wave goodbye to them as they drive off and you enter into the huge school alone as is customary to school tradition.

You find your way to the great hall, and see others similar to you there waiting all alone. The class size is relatively small, as only those of proper heritage are welcomed here. The class is invitation only and as such, you know the other students likely have a similar family history as you. Suddenly, engulfing the entire room is a loud crashing sound, almost as if thunder struck the great hall itself. All of the lights in the room shine three or four times brighter than normal until they suddenly explode and the room is left completely dark.

Without a good reason why, just by instinct you get up from your seat, with napsack in hand and start trying to stumble your way to the entrance to the great hall. You stumble over someone or something and hit the ground hard... the entire room blacks out for you....

Last edited by Alan T : 07-10-2007 at 10:18 PM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:52 AM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Game complexity won't be as complex as my normal large games, it will likely be comparable in complexity to barkeep's last game.

Day Cycles unless otherwise stated: 9am - 10pm EST
Night Cycles unless otherwise stated: 10pm - 9am EST

Current plan for the schedule around all of the july 4th stuff:

Plan B: (if we get enough sign ups by July 2nd)

July 2 - Roles will be sent out in the evening and Day 1 starts.
July 3 - Day 1 ends 10pm EST
July 4th/5th - Extended July 4th play. Night 1 ends 11am EST on July 4th. Day 2 ends July 5th 10pm EST
July 6th - Day 3 ends 10pm EST
July 7th/8th - Extended Weekend play. Night 3 ends Saturday noon EST, Day 4 ends Sunday 10pm EST. (Night 3 conditional orders will be encouraged for people who won't be around)
July 9th - 13th Normal Day/Night cycles

Please state in signup if you can't start play until the 5th.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorcery Hill Layout -

You are trapped within the school's great hall. The giant doors leading out are jammed shut either by something extremely heavy or some spell. Adjacent to the great hall are three other rooms that remain accessible for you, the kitchen, the library and the storeroom.

The sides -

Good - There are those of legendary heritage, a long line of wizards and sorcerors. They have come to learn how to harness their abilities fully.
Evil - A dark and sinister sect of your order has recently wanted to use your power to take control of the entire world, forsaking the guidelines passed down from generation to generation, they have once and for all decided to shut down the school and remove any who stand in their way.

Winning Condition -

Those that remain true of heart shall win by eliminating all who belong to the evil sect. Those that are evil shall win by killing off everyone who is good and shutting down the school once and for all.

Initial role PM -

Below is the initial PM sent out to all of the students of sorcery hill (Good players):

Quote:
You are a student of sorcery hill. Your family has a long line of heritage and has sworn to uphold good. You will win if you remove all of the sect members from the school. Your name is _________.

Those whom are sect members (evil players) will receive a different PM including who else is a member of the sect, the sect's winning condition (listed above), and what recipes they know at the start of the game.

Game schedule -

Unless otherwise previously stated each day cycle will run from 9am EST until 10pm EST. Any daytime activities must be submitted by 10pm EST or they will not count. Each night cycle unless otherwise previously stated will run from 10pm EST until 9am EST. The Night cycle will not be run early during this game, even if everyone has submitted night actions early.

Magical Items -

Each day many of you will "find" items or ingrediants that can be put together to form a more powerful item or potion. There will be multiple combinations possible, one of which would be a powerful new item or potion to use for good. However be warned that combining the wrong magic can be a deadly process and in doing so may actually create a tool for evil. Also there is always the possibility of the end result being useless all around.

Players will find that they need to rely on each other to combine pieces to make the more powerful potions/magical items in the game, by passing ingredients they may hold to other players they trust.

Each magical item will be made up of: 1 unfinished item, 1 potion
Each potion will be made up of: 1 beaker, 1-2 ingredient(s)

A potion can either be drunk by yourself, passed to another player or thrown at another player (smashing against them)
A magical item can either be used or passed to another player to use.
All potions are usable during the day cycle only. I will notify players when magical items can be used at their creation.

**Magical items used during the night are private and only the player whom uses the item and the player who gets the item used upon them are aware of it. (in some cases the receiving party is unaware of the action however)
**Potions used during the day are publically done with everyone being told of the action via GM's public post with results of the action.

In order to pass an ingredient, item, potion or magical item to another player, please PM with the playername and which item you wish to pass. In order to use an item either yourself or against another player, you should PM that to me as well.

For the purpose of the game, the following definitions will be used:

item = unfinished mundane, non-magical item
magical item = an enchanted item that has been created by the players by combining the proper ingredients
ingredients = normal mundane ingredients that themselves hold no magical properties, but combined together in the proper manner can create powerful potions or magical items
potions = a magical liquid that can either be drunk, used to create a magical item or used against another player by throwing.

As none of you have mastered the spells you are using, you may find many of the items, magical items, ingredients or potions to be unfamiliar for you. There might be help available for those that choose to spend their time at nights in the library looking through the ancient texts. You will decide if you wish to use an unknown magical item or potion or not wait to find out more about it.

A player with a magical item or a potion can not receive a second one until the first is either passed or used up.

List of magical items/potions/spells -

Potions:

Antidote
Silencing potion
Poison potion
silent oil
blinding potion
invisible powder
health boost
vitriol
holy water
sleeping potion
paralyze potion
Mind Control
Eternal bond potion
potion of persuasion
potion of illusion
potion of inspection

Magical items:

Poison knife
acid knife
Holy Shield
Crystal ball

Spells:

Protect
Mind Read
Death
Remove Poison
Command
Illumination

Daytime actions -

During the day you have the ability to vote for a fellow student that you do not feel is pure. The player with the most votes at the end of day risks being put to death by the student body. The student body may also choose to vote for no death, and no student will die if the majority chooses such.

To vote, simply post in the thread:

Vote Alan T

Also during the day time is when students may combine ingredients and items in order to try to create powerful magical items or potions. You may pass multiple times during the day and attempt to create a magical item or potion at any time. The person creating the magical item or potion must posess all of the ingredients to do so however.

To create a magical item or potion, send me a PM stating which ingredients/item you wish to combine and your result will be sent to you. Please keep in mind the following rules:

Each magical item will be made up of: 1 unfinished item, 1 potion
Each potion will be made up of: 1 beaker, 1-2 ingredient(s)

Night time actions -

At night time each of you may send in a PM stating which room you wish to spend the night in (The great hall, the library, the kitchen or the storeroom). The room you choose may have some effect on the type of item or ingredient you receive. Players that do not submit any selection will by default spend the night in the great hall where they can work on enhancing their abilities as well as study any magical item or potion they may have.

Also during the night time some players may have special actions or items that allow for special actions. The results of these actions will be posted at the end of the night phase. All night actions should be sent to me via PM.

Death -

Players killing another player at night time will gain all items/ingredients/potions/magical items that player may have had.

Ingredients and items of players who are killed by the daily vote will be randomly given out to those whom voted for them. Any potions or finished magical items will be given to the "deciding" vote on the player. For game purposes, the deciding vote in a 7-4 vote would be the 5th vote for that player. In addition, only the original vote for that player will count for each person when it comes to the deciding vote only. Players who unvote then revote for someone will not get a later vote in efforts to try to be the deciding vote.

Other -

I reserve the right to make modifications if needed to ensure the spirit of the game remains intact. Any rule changes or modifications would be posted for all to know.

Contacting the GM -

As normal, the standard method of contacting me to submit orders, requests or ask questions is by using the forum's PM system. However I also use AIM regularly and all questions can be asked there as well. Please do not send orders via AIM however as they could possibly be forgotten or not included. If you don't have me on your AIM list already, please drop me a PM to let me know your AIM screenname as I likely will need to add you to mine in order to receive messages from you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick cheat sheet for day/night actions -

For those that skim through the rules.. this is what you should do each day/night.

Day - Submit a vote for who you think is evil. (Post vote in thread)
Day - Have others pass you items/ingredients or you pass others items/ingredients to make more powerful potions/magical items. (Create magical items/potions or pass items/ingredients by PMing me)
Each item/ingredient can only be passed a max of 2 times each day period.

Night - Choose which room you wish to spend the night in (PM me)
Night - Use any magical items that have a special night ability attached to them (PM me)

Last edited by Alan T : 07-06-2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:53 AM   #3
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Day 1 start
Day 1 end
Night 1 end
Day 2 End
Night 2 End

Game roster:

1) Swaggs - Killed night 3
2) Chief Rum
3) Daddytorgo - Killed night 1
4) Passacaglia - Killed night 4
5) Ardent Enthusiast - Killed Day 4 (Sect member)
6) Lathum - Killed Day 3
7) Barkeep
8) Path
9) Hoopsguy
10) Render - Killed Day 5 (Sect member)
11) Lonestargirl - Killed night 5
12) St.cronin - Killed night 2
13) Ntndeacon
14) Izulde - Killed day 2

Last edited by Alan T : 07-10-2007 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:01 PM   #4
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'll give it another try.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:11 PM   #5
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Indio.

Hopefully I last longer than the last two times.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:12 PM   #6
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

And the holiday shouldn't affect my availability for play (other than how my two jobs usually does when I work both).
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:13 PM   #7
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

in
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:22 PM   #8
Passacaglia
Coordinator

(This space reserved for Passacaglia to say he is in)
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:28 PM   #9
Poli
FOFC Survivor

yo
Old 07-01-2007, 12:56 PM   #10
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

in
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:58 PM   #11
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I can play and am available to start before or after the 4th.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:27 PM   #12
path12
Coordinator

Inny. I'm out of town on the 4th only, can start before that.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:56 PM   #13
hoopsguy
General Manager

In and around all week.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:56 PM   #14
hoopsguy
General Manager

Any set number of players for this one?
Old 07-01-2007, 03:41 PM   #15
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Any set number of players for this one?

Leaving it a bit flexible due to the changing WW game size the past few weeks. I can run it with 9 if thats all we get, or if more sign up, I have a few modifications that will be made to whats included in.

I think its more important to keep the games rolling than to wait for a set number (if that makes sense)
Old 07-01-2007, 04:23 PM   #16
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Alan you so lie: My game was definitely simpler. Never thought I'd see the day where I'm running the simple game
Old 07-01-2007, 05:00 PM   #17
RendeR
Coordinator

sign me up!
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 05:06 PM   #18
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I set the schedule in the post above, as we have 10 people signed up, we'll start the game July 3rd. We'll leave sign ups open monday to get anyone else who wants to play and then close signups monday evening around 9pm EST.

I'll send out roles for everyone some point between 9pm and midnight EST and we'll start day 1 on July 3rd.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:51 PM   #19
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I will play...

Why doesn't somebody message izulde and tell him to play? He said in the extenction thread he wanted back in
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:48 PM   #20
st.cronin
General Manager

In, and I hope to play on the 4th, since I'll be stuck at work.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:15 PM   #21
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
In, and I hope to play on the 4th, since I'll be stuck at work.

What kind of work do you do that you are going to be stuck there on the 4th?
Old 07-01-2007, 08:23 PM   #22
Poli
FOFC Survivor

He's a fiddler on the roof.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:30 PM   #23
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll get this out of the way early this game - even before receiving the PM! I'm a villager/good guy/wizard. I'm hoping that we can round up some wolves/bad guys/sect members.

If I'm really lucky, then this message will have one of the secret keywords from the upcoming PM and clear me for the remainder of the game
Old 07-01-2007, 10:28 PM   #24
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll get this out of the way early this game - even before receiving the PM! I'm a villager/good guy/wizard. I'm hoping that we can round up some wolves/bad guys/sect members.

If I'm really lucky, then this message will have one of the secret keywords from the upcoming PM and clear me for the remainder of the game

I'm going to make sure I try to quote this post as best as I can for the pms that I send out.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:36 AM   #25
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

VOTE HOOPSGUY
Old 07-02-2007, 11:29 AM   #26
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

in like Flint
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:56 AM   #27
Izulde
Head Coach

Sounds like a good time to hop back in the WW thing, so I'll jump in on this one

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:54 PM   #28
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
VOTE HOOPSGUY

Clearly a wolf move. Of course you would want to get rid of the only known good villager at this point in the game.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:07 PM   #29
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Throw in the word goob and I'll be your best friend.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:52 PM   #30
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

goob
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:56 PM   #31
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Throw in the word goob and I'll be your best friend.

huh?
Old 07-02-2007, 03:06 PM   #32
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum, I think AE was talking to Alan (post #24). If not, then I'm as lost as you are in post #31.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:16 PM   #33
path12
Coordinator

Post count padders.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:18 PM   #34
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Post count padders.

Whatever
Old 07-02-2007, 03:22 PM   #35
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Post count padders.

maybe you missed the memo but they don't count
Old 07-02-2007, 04:21 PM   #36
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Clearly, hoopsguy is a goob. He didn't even realize I was talking to him. If he threw in the word goob in the post before mine, we could be best friends. I'd even go to an Illini game with him, provided he cough up for the tickets like Data King.

VOTE HOOPSGUY
Old 07-02-2007, 04:28 PM   #37
hoopsguy
General Manager

You couldn't pay me enough money to go to a Tennessee basketball game as long as Pearl is the coach there.

AE = goob
Pearl = Satan

VOTE ARDENT ENTHUSIAST
Old 07-02-2007, 04:30 PM   #38
Poli
FOFC Survivor

See, that's where I'm compassionate. I feel sorry for the Illini basketball program.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:30 PM   #39
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Wow. We're at Day -1 and I don't know who to vote for, that almost never happens at this point in the game. I think we need to think about consolidating our votes a little to establish a good pattern for later on.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:33 PM   #40
hoopsguy
General Manager

Day -1 almost always feel random, barring the semi-standard "pre-game seer reveal".

Of course, don't take that as me trying to out our seer before the game starts. Because anyone who does that is clearly working against the interests of the village.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:44 PM   #41
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
What kind of work do you do that you are going to be stuck there on the 4th?

I work for a conglomerate of hotels. We'll almost certainly be shortstaffed on wednesday after everybody calls in sick etc., so I'll be filling in somewhere most of the day, not sure where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
He's a fiddler on the roof.

Yeah, that too.

knives out
Old 07-02-2007, 06:44 PM   #42
st.cronin
General Manager

Look, we all know that Lathum's a wolf. I don't know why we pretend otherwise.

knives out
Old 07-02-2007, 06:47 PM   #43
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Signups are locked, I am using random.org to assign all of the roles currently. Role PMs should be sent out some point after the little one is asleep in the next two hours.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:14 PM   #44
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Day -1 almost always feel random, barring the semi-standard "pre-game seer reveal".

Of course, don't take that as me trying to out our seer before the game starts. Because anyone who does that is clearly working against the interests of the village.
See I don't think they feel random at all. Day -1 votes to me are all about revenge or making a point. Normally I'm upset with someone from the previous game or want to bring someone down a notch or even just want to make a humorous point of some sort. I'm just not feeling that here.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:33 PM   #45
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

PM received. Need to read the rules to figure out if I have any powers or anything. But I am on the side of good.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:38 PM   #46
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

looks like we need some people to spend some serious time in the library to work out spells. I'm slightly worried about this mechanic, as it seems like something random.org could have a field day with...we could end up finding a ton of spells that unbalance the game...i guess i'll hafta trust the GM.

FWIW...I have mercury. And I guess I'll be going to the library to try to figure out what I can do with it.

we also need to be careful i'd think, to some degree, as wolves could be posing as villagers to try to get items from us to make potions for evil.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:43 PM   #47
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
See I don't think they feel random at all. Day -1 votes to me are all about revenge or making a point. Normally I'm upset with someone from the previous game or want to bring someone down a notch or even just want to make a humorous point of some sort. I'm just not feeling that here.
+1, Alan T, you're going down!
Old 07-02-2007, 07:45 PM   #48
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

As the sun starts to shine through the large windows in the ceiling of the great hall, you come to and realize there still are others in the great hall with you. You make a start to the door, but once there realize that the doors are immovable. Either some huge object is blocking the doors from opening, or some form of spell has been placed upon the door.

"It's useless to try to get out, we've been trapped within these walls", a voice crys out from the other side of the hall. An older man wearing a brown robe like you would expect some type of monk to wear stands there. "The only explanation is the evil sect of our great order has come to challenge us directly. They are in for quite the suprise I believe."

The man glances about the room and then looks over each of you before continuing, "You would not be here if you didn't have some tremendous power within just waiting to be called upon. We still have access to our various suplies in the adjacent rooms that we should be able to put together quite an offensive I would think. Go now and gather materials so that we can put together magical items and potions that might help us in our quest." He pauses before warning,"However do not be so hasty to use them just yet. Your power is undiscliplined and combining the wrong ingredients might be fatal. You can likely find guides to what to make in the nearby library as well...."

His voice trails off as he suddenly clutches his throat... He appears to be having issues breathing, and you can't do anything but watch in shock as he falls to his knees right before you. Someone has casted a very formidable spell upon him which killed him! Perhaps the elder school master was not correct and you won't be up to the task.

Day one has officially started. Deadline for Day one is Tuesday July 3rd 10pm EST.

During day one you may do the following:

Vote to kill one of the fellow students in hopes of finding a sect member by posting in thread:

Vote AlanT

You may also choose to pass items that you posess to another player by sending me a PM stating which item and to whom you wish to pass it.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:46 PM   #49
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Are we going to have another thread or are we playing in this one? Cuz I have my role and a student of the school and am good
Old 07-02-2007, 07:47 PM   #50
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

answers that question....