Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-18-2007, 01:50 PM   #451
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
That's funny twothree because history is actually on your side: In the last game AE nearly missed a vote and turned out to be human.

Also, I really liked this ploy (if unsuccessful). It's great to have some fresh thinking in this game.

We really need to eliminate the references to previous games. People have played far too many of them and can't keep them straight. (IE Ardent was a wolf in the last game BK) and this is the 2nd or 3rd time in this game that people have gotten "previous game" info wrong. Lets just worry about this game, ponder people's past histories in your own minds please =)
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:51 PM   #452
twothree
College Prospect

vote KWhit
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:52 PM   #453
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
We really need to eliminate the references to previous games. People have played far too many of them and can't keep them straight. (IE Ardent was a wolf in the last game BK) and this is the 2nd or 3rd time in this game that people have gotten "previous game" info wrong. Lets just worry about this game, ponder people's past histories in your own minds please =)
You must not have seen my correction. And while I am somewhat sympathetic to the idea that we shouldn't bring up past games, we've got very little to go on in this game with us getting so little information. I know I keep harping on the subject, but it continues to be frustrating. I think quite simply that I'm not cut out to play in a no reveal game.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:53 PM   #454
RendeR
Coordinator

Yeah, I didn't see a correction, sorry =)

Was Daddytorgo one of the two who had the tennis dream?
Old 07-18-2007, 01:54 PM   #455
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
You must not have seen my correction. And while I am somewhat sympathetic to the idea that we shouldn't bring up past games, we've got very little to go on in this game with us getting so little information. I know I keep harping on the subject, but it continues to be frustrating. I think quite simply that I'm not cut out to play in a no reveal game.

I agree 1000%

no offense to Tanglewood but no reveal games are frustrating.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:55 PM   #456
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan we have no clue that DT was one of the humans that the bad guys wanted to find. I don't understand why you keep putting that out there.

I might be reading too much into the below statement, I'll admit that. I was just throwing out my thoughts as either way it had zero impact on my vote from yesterday. Had more to do with speculation behind Lathum's actions than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
fyi that's 3 games in a row i'm dead D1.

Although in this case I think it might have been a good thing. Don't want to say anymore since I'm just a ghost. Good luck villagers!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:55 PM   #457
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't see a correction, sorry =)

Was Daddytorgo one of the two who had the tennis dream?
No. That was AE and Swaggs.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:57 PM   #458
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Alan, I am still waiting for you to point out where I specificaly state Bulletsponge was a better lynch candidate.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:58 PM   #459
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Alan we have no clue that DT was one of the humans that the bad guys wanted to find. I don't understand why you keep putting that out there.

I was just going to ask about that myself.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:02 PM   #460
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Well I have to get ready to leave in about an hour. I see no reason to change my vote at this point and will be out until past the deadline.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:02 PM   #461
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I was just going to ask about that myself.

See above, I answered already.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:02 PM   #462
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twothree View Post
Well, my plan was to change my vote to the next person to vote for ardent in the hope that they were a wolf trying to hide their vote. I can see I shouldn't have stated that I believe he was a human.

unvote ardent enthusiast

Twothree, could you explain this a little more for me? I don't get a couple things:

1) Why would someone following your vote on Ardent be a wolf trying to hide? I can see reasons for voting AE.

2) Is the fact you believe he's human just a hunch? I need nor want detail on this.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:03 PM   #463
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Agreed. Intra game strategies are usually a way to head towards a wrong conclusion.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:04 PM   #464
path12
Coordinator

Damn. That should be inter, shouldn't it.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:05 PM   #465
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
See above, I answered already.

Gotcha, hadn't got there yet.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:10 PM   #466
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Alan, I am still waiting for you to point out where I specificaly state Bulletsponge was a better lynch candidate.

You can demand answers for questions from me, but refuse to answer stuff I asked of you. This isn't a one sided street here, in a conversation there usually is back and forth banter. You've done nothing but push an agenda today without listening to reason when it didn't suit your agenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
he would have moved it anyway but you guarenteed DT's death and since we have no idea if he is good or bad I have to go with the odds that he was good.

Your entire arguement has been that I forced a hand (which I didn't) thus killing someone who you assume was good (even though unless you were bad, you would have had no way of knowing that day), and thus I must be guilty.

The facts:

- Daddytorgo had the same opportunity to move his vote last minute that Bullet sponge had. Neither had been around for hours, thus its not any more reasonable to expect one would show up but not the other unless you have inside information (which it almost seems to suggest that you had).
- On day 1, as a normal human I have no information about either of the candidates, and in both cases neither one had hardly posted anything worthwhile all day thus giving very little to go on. To suggest that I should have gone a different way with my vote when so little was known about either of them once again suggests that you had inside information some how that day.
- With 30 minutes to go after I suggested my move, and 6-7 people around at the time, and probably more even later .. there was plenty of time for anyone else to do anything to protect the move or change things before Bullet actually did show up at the end to move his vote.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:10 PM   #467
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
vote KWhit

Care to share your rational? Or are you hoping a wolf didn't read your above post about Ardent?
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:11 PM   #468
RendeR
Coordinator

I have reason to believe DT WAS one of the big-whig humans that the replicants want to find. Telle pointed out that the way he handled exposing himself early in the game showed concern for wether he SHOULD divulge what he knows, hinting that he has a role that needs protecting.

DT also made a comment later on along the lines of "probably better that I got sent to mars anyway"

Just wanted to get that out in the open a bit more. My real concern now is that if this is true, do teh replicants win if they find the engineer? or did they require BOTH big names?

Another ponderance of mine: What are the odds that the role of Priss, an entertainment and sex model replicant of the female variety, was given to one of the two female players? In reality human beings tend to fall back on habit, and it would be typical to select a girl for a girl's role.

hrm, vote telle and sleep on the couch for a week...vote LSG and well...not sleep on the couch for a week....ponder ponder....
Old 07-18-2007, 02:14 PM   #469
KWhit
Coordinator

Vote Ardent.

Three reasons:
  1. I still think there's something to the tennis dream.
  2. He missed last night's vote.
  3. He has been basically non-existant in the game so for, so even if he does happen to be human, we're not going to lose any analysis.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:18 PM   #470
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Another ponderance of mine: What are the odds that the role of Priss, an entertainment and sex model replicant of the female variety, was given to one of the two female players? In reality human beings tend to fall back on habit, and it would be typical to select a girl for a girl's role.

I would hope that any GM wouldn't be THAT obvious. But people have also tossed out the idea that there may be a player that doesn't know that s/he is a replicant.. and that in the movie that happened to a female character. And my dream was a sex dream, so that fits in with the whole "sex model replicant" thing. But forgive me if I don't now jump up and down shouting "Vote for me in case I wake up tomorrow and find out I'm a replicant!"
Old 07-18-2007, 02:19 PM   #471
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ahh well, looks like lathum took off. I have to leave as well to drive home. I'll be back in a few hours. Just to get it out there, I'll vote Lathum for now, and I surely have a much better reason to than he does to vote me.

If I was bad as he suggests, then my move yesterday to protect Bulletsponge (which I already showed how that didnt make sense), must mean BS is bad too. yet instead of voting for someone else that was bad who already had other votes and attention, he chose to bring me up as well and thin out the voting crowd.

Or if Bulletsponge was good, and DT was good, then why as a wolf would I suddenly put myself in the middle of a villager vs villager vote and throw suspicion on myself. he stated earlier I am smart enough not to do some things, yet he thinks I would make a foolish move like that? Last game it showed how easily quiet utr wolves can slide for days.

Lathum has done nothing but try to stir up another innocent human's name into the pot with faulty logic and mistaken motives, I suspect his own motivations for doing so.

I'm out for a few hours, back later

Vote Lathum
Old 07-18-2007, 02:24 PM   #472
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Roles are assigned randomly virtually 100% of the time as far as I know. I've been assigned female roles in the past. And if you ever saw me you'd know how ridiculous that is.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:28 PM   #473
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Roles are assigned randomly virtually 100% of the time as far as I know. I've been assigned female roles in the past. And if you ever saw me you'd know how ridiculous that is.

Ok, this reassures me more than anything that its probably not one of the girls. Although Telle's point is well taken, there could be a hidden replicant that doesn't know its a replicant out there too. blah, so confusing.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:28 PM   #474
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Twothree, could you explain this a little more for me? I don't get a couple things:

1) Why would someone following your vote on Ardent be a wolf trying to hide? I can see reasons for voting AE.

2) Is the fact you believe he's human just a hunch? I need nor want detail on this.

Just a hunch because he failed to vote on day 1. And the rules state you must vote for someone everyday. I was persuaded by your statement in post 427.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:29 PM   #475
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Care to share your rational? Or are you hoping a wolf didn't read your above post about Ardent?

Just sticking with my day 1 vote. But, it was interesting to see KWhit vote for ardent.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:33 PM   #476
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So here's what the vote count looks like:

Alan – Lathum (380)
Render – ntn (425)
Bullet – barkeep(429)
Kwhit – twothree (425)
Ardent – Kwhit (469)
Lathum – Alan (471)

Not Yet Voted: Jonathan Ezarik, st. cronin, Chief Rum, LoneStarGirl, RendeR, path12, Swaggs, Tele, bulletsponge, ardent enthusiast

I'm amazed we're this far into the day and yet to have anyone place a second vote on someone. Granted we have a lot of people yet to vote, but we appear to be all of the place. I hope we can start to consolidate into a few candidates soon.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:34 PM   #477
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Just sticking with my day 1 vote. But, it was interesting to see KWhit vote for ardent.
And what was your reason for voting for him on Day 1?
Old 07-18-2007, 02:38 PM   #478
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Do tell.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:38 PM   #479
Telle
College Starter

Well I guess I'll be the first to put in a second vote on someone and go with Bulletsponge. I voted for him on day one on the premise that he could be a wolf "hiding in plain sight". And it doesn't appear that he's done a single thing to try and prove otherwise since he was almost sent off to Mars last night.

Vote Bulletsponge
Old 07-18-2007, 02:39 PM   #480
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
So here's what the vote count looks like:

Alan – Lathum (380)
Render – ntn (425)
Bullet – barkeep(429)
Kwhit – twothree (425)
Ardent – Kwhit (469)
Lathum – Alan (471)

Not Yet Voted: Jonathan Ezarik, st. cronin, Chief Rum, LoneStarGirl, RendeR, path12, Swaggs, Tele, bulletsponge, ardent enthusiast

I'm amazed we're this far into the day and yet to have anyone place a second vote on someone. Granted we have a lot of people yet to vote, but we appear to be all of the place. I hope we can start to consolidate into a few candidates soon.

im so confused as to whom i might vote for. i dont have a SFF for anyone right now.
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:40 PM   #481
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Well I guess I'll be the first to put in a second vote on someone and go with Bulletsponge. I voted for him on day one on the premise that he could be a wolf "hiding in plain sight". And it doesn't appear that he's done a single thing to try and prove otherwise since he was almost sent off to Mars last night.

Vote Bulletsponge

hmpf
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:44 PM   #482
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
hmpf

Heh.. well I was about to say "Well you're here now.. tell us all why we shouldn't vote for you." But, well.. he left.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:59 PM   #483
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Well, I'm still looking at Ardent/Swaggs. The dream thing is still odd to me.
You and me both. I need to take the time to read up on Swaggs. Time away from the Football game....eek, tough sell.

Quote:
True. I have no clue who to vote for today. So,

vote ardent enthusiast

Reason, he failed to cast a vote on day 1. And, in post 237, he did check into the thread and probably could have cast a vote at that time. I believe he is probably a human. Like you stated wolves usually pay more attention to when a vote is due. But for now that will be my vote. I may change it before leaving for work in an hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Why would you in the same post both vote for a person and say you believe he is probably good?

Quote:
That should read turned out to be wolf. So AE missing a vote could be construed as his wolfish play. Though I think his statement that he just didn't care about this game to be more accurate

You might have me on the not caring, but I hate have it worded that way. I'm just way not into it right now. The Vols need me!

I missed a vote in the last game? I did?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Vote Ardent.

Three reasons:
  1. I still think there's something to the tennis dream.
  2. He missed last night's vote.
  3. He has been basically non-existant in the game so for, so even if he does happen to be human, we're not going to lose any analysis.
True that on 3.

Quote:
23 voted for me yesterday? That bastage!

All that said, I'll be in and out, brought the laptop down by the xbox. I'm voting kwhit, not because of any analysis, not because he's wrong, but because he's voted for me. Too easy.

VOTE KWHIT
Old 07-18-2007, 03:04 PM   #484
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
My vote yesterday was to ensure a tie, nothing more, nothing less, didn't matter to me WHO was tied, simply that I voted to maintain the tie, and as has been pointed out a number of folks could have changed that outcome anyway and did not do so.

This keeping a tie to force others to vote works when you leave them time to do so, but not when your tieing vote comes only 4 minutes before the deadline.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:14 PM   #485
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The more I think about it, the more I grow concerned about kwhit. Apparently he wanted me out yesterday as well, for the same reason, and now wants me out because I'm "not contributing".

That's cool. I mean, more time for football for me and all. However, you gain nothing in knowledge by lynching me, and in effect, help the wolves by killing a rock solid villager. My lynch doesn't provide any insight as to who I voted for or against or anything along that line.

It's win win for the wolves, which leads me to wonder about the k of whit.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:18 PM   #486
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
I'm voting kwhit, not because of any analysis, not because he's wrong, but because he's voted for me. Too easy.

The AE we all know so well. It is interesting as KWhit is now tied for the vote lead (though it's obviously still early) and neither person has really expressed the thought that he's a wolf. Unlike the other person with two votes. Just saying...
Old 07-18-2007, 03:19 PM   #487
Poli
FOFC Survivor

?
Old 07-18-2007, 03:19 PM   #488
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I vote by emotion. That's how I do it.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:20 PM   #489
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
The more I think about it, the more I grow concerned about kwhit. Apparently he wanted me out yesterday as well, for the same reason, and now wants me out because I'm "not contributing".

That's cool. I mean, more time for football for me and all. However, you gain nothing in knowledge by lynching me, and in effect, help the wolves by killing a rock solid villager. My lynch doesn't provide any insight as to who I voted for or against or anything along that line.

It's win win for the wolves, which leads me to wonder about the k of whit.
Ardent don't you think you're kind of succumbing to the natural reaction of people to think that those who are against them are wolves?
Old 07-18-2007, 03:20 PM   #490
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I vote by emotion. That's how I do it.
I know buddy
Old 07-18-2007, 03:25 PM   #491
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Honestly I am more intrigued by the Alant / Lathum argument than anything. I just don't know what side to go off of. At first I was all with Lathum thinking he had solid reasoning, but like usual, Alant swooped in and poked holes in his argument. I will not vote for BulletSponge and I am going to give Ardent some time to talk his way out of this situation before I vote for him.... so I might need some more time
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:26 PM   #492
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Ardent don't you think you're kind of succumbing to the natural reaction of people to think that those who are against them are wolves?
It's very possible, but for two days he's done it. I haven't been around to defend myself. It should be pretty clear lynching me provides no information whatsoever...it is to me, anyhow.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:31 PM   #493
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Honestly I am more intrigued by the Alant / Lathum argument than anything. I just don't know what side to go off of. At first I was all with Lathum thinking he had solid reasoning, but like usual, Alant swooped in and poked holes in his argument. I will not vote for BulletSponge and I am going to give Ardent some time to talk his way out of this situation before I vote for him.... so I might need some more time
You might as well start voting for me. I'm not trying to read the entire thread to figure out what's going on just so I can defend myself.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:34 PM   #494
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
You might as well start voting for me. I'm not trying to read the entire thread to figure out what's going on just so I can defend myself.

I think defending yourself is part of the game. If you don't want to take the time defending yourself, why why play?

vote ardent enthusiast
Old 07-18-2007, 03:34 PM   #495
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

not 'why why play' but then why play?
Old 07-18-2007, 03:36 PM   #496
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Normally, I would...but NCAA is calling my name...that and I have FOFC/IHOF softball tonight.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:36 PM   #497
Poli
FOFC Survivor

so...I'm leaving in about 3.5 hours.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:45 PM   #498
Barkeep49
Coordinator

As of 497:
Alan – Lathum (380)
Render – ntn (425)
Bullet – barkeep(429), telle (479)
Kwhit – twothree (425), ardent (483)
Ardent – Kwhit (469), LSG (494)
Lathum – Alan (471)

Not Yet Voted: Jonathan Ezarik, st. cronin, Chief Rum, RendeR, path12, Swaggs, bulletsponge,
Old 07-18-2007, 04:35 PM   #499
st.cronin
General Manager

I'll be voting for one of these players:

ardent enthusiast
bulletsponge
RendeR

Unlike Lathum, I didn't find Alan T's play particularly suspicious. To me it fit right in with the way he usually plays. I'm not sure what to think about Kwhit - can somebody explain the argument against him, cause I think I missed it.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:40 PM   #500
Swaggs
Coordinator

Just caught up.

I am actually a little bummed that AE has already received some votes, because I don't want it to look like I am piling on, but I feel like he is either a replicant of me or tanglewood made a mistake in sending out a duplicate message.

I am going to go ahead and champion the case against him. I am just a simple human, with no other skills, so it won't be a huge loss if I end up looking bad and get shipped to Mars.

Vote Ardent Enthusiast
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote