Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-17-2007, 09:57 AM   #151
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Human checking in. I just woke up after having some crazy dream about New York City.

NEW YORK CITY!!!!!!

Vote Passacaglia
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:05 AM   #152
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Shouldn't that be Pace-acaglia?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:10 AM   #153
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Shouldn't that be Pace-acaglia?

I haven't read the story or seen the movie, so forgive me if I ask stupid questions.

Going back to st.cronin's thought, it seems unlikely to me that in a game with no role reveal for those shipped to Mars that there would be unclarity with someone knowing they are a replicant or not. But if there's a movie/book reason, that's different.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:14 AM   #154
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
It's interesting since there is a replicant who can scan people. To me that only increases the odds that DT is a bad guy. Last time he seemed to slip up on Day 1 we let him go. I don't want to make that mistake again.

The DT thing is weird. I agree.

But I think the more compelling information from today is the fact that Swaggs and Ardent seem to have the same dream/memories.

I think that HAS to mean one of them is a replicant. We need them both scanned, ASAP.

Again, here's my suggestion (just to make sure one of them isn't scanned twice):

Holden scans Swaggs.
Deckard scans Ardent.

Now, I don't think Holden and Deckard should reveal themselves or their findings yet. But at this point, I think we should focus our votes on one (or both) of those guys.

Swaggs is a bit more likely to be human, I believe, since he came out and said he had the same dream. That means it is very likely that he is either human or is a replicant who doesn't know it. So, I'm going to vote for Ardent.

VOTE ARDENT
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:13 AM   #155
st.cronin
General Manager

Does anybody have any thoughts about what Tyrell and Sebastian may do for the wolves? I asked last night, but nobody has responded.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:18 AM   #156
RendeR
Coordinator

The replicants believe those two can fix their shutdown timer so they can live forever.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:18 AM   #157
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Does anybody have any thoughts about what Tyrell and Sebastian may do for the wolves? I asked last night, but nobody has responded.

"The replicants win either when they gain 1:1 parity with the remaining humans or if they find both the players designated Tyrell and Sebastian."

Although I'm not sure what "find" means. Do they have to know who the identity of each is, or do they have to capture them or something? And what happens if they know who one is but then we send that person off to Mars?
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:22 AM   #158
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Without thinking about it too much, I'd think it would be hard to find someone sent off to Mars.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:22 AM   #159
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Which is maybe why roles aren't revealed in that case?
Old 07-17-2007, 11:23 AM   #160
Telle
College Starter

I meant if they're sent off to Mars AFTER the replicants figure out who they are. Basically relates to my question of whether they just need to know who those two people are or if they need to actually take some action.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:27 AM   #161
Swaggs
Coordinator

I will, most likely, be back before the deadline, but I want to get a vote out in case I am not.

Vote DT

A day one vote, so anything goes, but I am a little in agreement with Barkeep here.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:39 AM   #162
KWhit
Coordinator

Am I the only one that thinks it odd and highly suspicious that Ardent and Swaggs have the same memories/dreams?
Old 07-17-2007, 11:46 AM   #163
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Am I the only one that thinks it odd and highly suspicious that Ardent and Swaggs have the same memories/dreams?

I find it strange because there doesn't seem to have been any other doubles, but I'm not sure if it means anything or not. I tend to trust that Swiggs fella for coming out with it after Ardent already did -- but I guess it's as good a point as any to start with on scans.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:51 AM   #164
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
You're no LoneStarGirl.

LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:52 AM   #165
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

As I've said, I do find it interesting. Path points out that there haven't been any other doubles, but we don't really know that - I think only Alan and Pass have described their dreams, other than those two. Also, for the sake of argument, ardent never said his comment was a reference to a dream, it could be a reference to something else.

knives out
Old 07-17-2007, 11:55 AM   #166
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I haven't read the book or seen the movie, so this game might be a little over my head, so forgive me up front...

It seems that there is a lot more going on this day one than normal day ones.

And I described my dream, it only said I got a bike.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:57 AM   #167
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As I've said, I do find it interesting. Path points out that there haven't been any other doubles, but we don't really know that - I think only Alan and Pass have described their dreams, other than those two. Also, for the sake of argument, ardent never said his comment was a reference to a dream, it could be a reference to something else.

Well considering Render wanted to vote for anyone who shared their dreams as a replicant, I understand why others have been hesitant to do so thus far. It seems pretty obvious that the dream is sort of "out there" from nature, so I wouldn't have been too shocked if others had very off the wall dreams. I didn't just vote right back at Render for it, but I am curious to why he didn't have such a vivid dream of any such. Was I the only one who had quite a weird dream?

I've never read the books or seen the movie, so maybe I am just missing something here.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:58 AM   #168
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Several people have described their dream. Pass said his was of New York. None of them matched mine. I keep dreaming of my dad.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:00 PM   #169
st.cronin
General Manager

I don't have any memory of my dream, other than that it was a sex dream - tangle left all details out.

My concern about the ardent thing is that its just too easy. It doesn't feel like the way a gm would set up the game.

knives out
Old 07-17-2007, 12:17 PM   #170
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I was in San Diego in my dream. It also mentioned a giant ping pong ball and Janice Joplin?

I also have never read the book or seen the movie
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:31 PM   #171
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
I don't have any memory of my dream, other than that it was a sex dream - tangle left all details out.

My concern about the ardent thing is that its just too easy. It doesn't feel like the way a gm would set up the game.

Actually, that sounds like my dream too.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:34 PM   #172
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

anyone dreaming of Janis playing ping pong must be bad. She preferred regular tennis.

Vote Lathum
Old 07-17-2007, 12:40 PM   #173
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
anyone dreaming of Janis playing ping pong must be bad. She preferred regular tennis.

Vote Lathum

care to share your dream?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:41 PM   #174
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- in more detail?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:49 PM   #175
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

sure but my vote had nothing to do with my dream, Lathum
Old 07-17-2007, 12:50 PM   #176
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

my dream was about my dad at the lake. I was trying to keep him near me but he left anyway.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:52 PM   #177
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

NTN will be my vote tomorrow.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:56 PM   #178
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
NTN will be my vote tomorrow.

I don't get it.. I didnt get his vote for you either though... But if you feel strongly about that why arent you making him your vote today? Why are you waiting till tommorrow?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:57 PM   #179
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I don't get it.. I didnt get his vote for you either though... But if you feel strongly about that why arent you making him your vote today? Why are you waiting till tommorrow?

+1

knives out
Old 07-17-2007, 01:08 PM   #180
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I may as well bring this up now, rather than sit on it.

Did anyone else get a message that included future tennis stardom, besides Ardent and myself?

I was explicitly told in my PM that I am a human, so I think it is strange for another human to have the same (presumably) memories that I do. Replicants are programmed to have "memories" in the book, so I'm thinking that either Ardent is a replicant or there could be something funky with us having similar (possibly the same) childhood memories.

I did not get a message that included future tennis stardom. Also, ardent enthusiast posted that he was a tennis star human, not that he had a memory about it.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:17 PM   #181
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I tend to trust that Swiggs fella for coming out with it after Ardent already did -- but I guess it's as good a point as any to start with on scans.

One thing that just occured to me is this cuts the other way too. Suppose you're ardent, and you're a wolf. Are you going to come right out and say what's in your pm? I'm thinking no, not unless somebody else does first. I actually think its equally likely that Swaggs is a wolf.

knives out
Old 07-17-2007, 01:23 PM   #182
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:

I don't see how you think Ardent posting, "Ardent, the tennis star human, checking in." means he had a memory/dream about being a human tennis star. Unless you only read Swaggs post and did not go back and read ardent enthusiast post.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:23 PM   #183
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I am going to vote for Render because last game he showed what a great wolf he was and this game he started out by blaming three people on a whim. Of course there are over 6 hours left and I will be online so I can change this if need be

vote render
Old 07-17-2007, 01:28 PM   #184
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
One thing that just occured to me is this cuts the other way too. Suppose you're ardent, and you're a wolf. Are you going to come right out and say what's in your pm? I'm thinking no, not unless somebody else does first. I actually think its equally likely that Swaggs is a wolf.

I've come to the decision that I am taking the similar dream thing to be just white noise for us to siff through. That it speaks no less or more of Ardent or Swaggs's wolfishness. Since Telle came out stating she had a dream similar to someone else, it seems to suggest that others might have overlapping or at least similar dreams. I don't see any significance of what my dream was about to anything in the game, so I think they were put in for fun or for flavor.

People can vote for Ardent or Swaggs if they want, as its day 1 and I don't have anything else better to offer up, just stating what I feel about the similar dream theory.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:29 PM   #185
st.cronin
General Manager

I agree the dreams are most likely just flavor.

knives out
Old 07-17-2007, 01:36 PM   #186
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Here are what people posted about their dreams:

1. Alan T - Dreamt of hot girl that turned into a spider
2. Jonathan Ezarik
3. st. cronin - sex dream
4. Chief Rum
5. Barkeep49
6. LoneStarGirl - Got a bike!
7. Lathum - in San Diego, janice joplin and a giant ping pong ball
8. RendeR
9. path12
10. Passacaglia - crazy dream of new york city
11. Swaggs - pm mentioned future tennis stardom.
12. Tele - St.cronin's dream sounded like her's
13. DaddyTorgo
14. KWhit
15. bulletsponge - Wolf checking in *starts licking himself* ?
16. ntndeacon - kept dreaming of his dad at the lake. Tried to keep him near but he left anyways
17. twothree
18. ardent enthusiast - tennis star human
Old 07-17-2007, 01:41 PM   #187
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I feel I owe hoops
Old 07-17-2007, 01:48 PM   #188
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I feel I owe hoops

But Hoops isn't in this game. And the rules state that you MUST vote for a player each day.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:55 PM   #189
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I've come to the decision that I am taking the similar dream thing to be just white noise for us to siff through. That it speaks no less or more of Ardent or Swaggs's wolfishness.

Well.... It's day 1, and 2 people having the same dream is more first day information than we have in 99% of ww games.

If we had any good reasons to vote for other people, then your post makes sense. It may very well be white noise, but it's a hell of a lot better than just a shot in the dark. Or a vote for someone based on him being a wolf in a previous game or something else like that.

And from what someone else said in the thread, in the book and movie replicants have humans' memories implanted in them. So it seems significant to me.

I guess I just don't understand why people would rather throw their vote out randomly when instead they could vote for something that is slightly suspicious.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:55 PM   #190
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
But Hoops isn't in this game. And the rules state that you MUST vote for a player each day.

Which is why I have shied away from sharing my dreams in this thread.

Catch you next game, Lathum.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:01 PM   #191
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Well.... It's day 1, and 2 people having the same dream is more first day information than we have in 99% of ww games.

If we had any good reasons to vote for other people, then your post makes sense. It may very well be white noise, but it's a hell of a lot better than just a shot in the dark. Or a vote for someone based on him being a wolf in a previous game or something else like that.

And from what someone else said in the thread, in the book and movie replicants have humans' memories implanted in them. So it seems significant to me.

I guess I just don't understand why people would rather throw their vote out randomly when instead they could vote for something that is slightly suspicious.

That makes sense. So I suppose we should continue to explore the dream angle, but not get so hung up on it as to ignore any other potential clues.

So let's hear your dreams Jonathan Ezarik, Chief Rum, Barkeep49, RendeR, path12, DaddyTorgo, KWhit, and twothree.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:45 PM   #192
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

mine was a random day one vote. I used his dream as some sort of rationale. However I don't have any rationale really.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:46 PM   #193
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

hmm, i suppose that may be a problem.

UNVOTE HOOPSGUY
VOTE NTNDEACON
Old 07-17-2007, 02:50 PM   #194
twothree
College Prospect

My dream was about watching the performance of a glamorous lady on a stage in Los Angeles.

And, now I am leaving for work, so...

vote KWhit

A day one vote. So, no real reason except for the fact I didn't like his logic about Ardent/Swaggs.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:05 PM   #195
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twothree View Post
I don't see how you think Ardent posting, "Ardent, the tennis star human, checking in." means he had a memory/dream about being a human tennis star. Unless you only read Swaggs post and did not go back and read ardent enthusiast post.

It sounds exactly like how Ardent would announce something like that IMO.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:08 PM   #196
Barkeep49
Coordinator

My dream takes place on a mountain. MOre soon.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:08 PM   #197
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
So let's hear your dreams Jonathan Ezarik, Chief Rum, Barkeep49, RendeR, path12, DaddyTorgo, KWhit, and twothree.

I was a ranch hand in Texas and someone was stealing the cattle. I woke up with a foreboding of evil.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:17 PM   #198
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Or.. you're a replicant and trying to throw us off your trail by coming out strong, and in the process get a human sent off to Mars (and a potentially valuable human at that).
Telle I would encourage you to skim through the last game. I came out far more aggressively in that game and was 100% human. So if anything people should be accusing me of being a replicant for not being as aggressive. Of course I've not been as aggressive since the piece of information for us to share, about dreams, is already being shared.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:23 PM   #199
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think I've only played one game, I believe, where there was no reveal on death and I don't remember that game at all (can't even think of what game it was). Anyone remember that game? I would love to see what we learned since the no reveal policy seems to be a HUGE villager handicap.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:26 PM   #200
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:

That is so funny... I didn't realize Hoops wasn't in this game either. We are just so used to him being involved in every game.