Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-28-2007, 09:14 PM   #451
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Yeah, i am pretty stunned by Alan T's vote after all that yacking. I expected his vote to be on barkeep as well and shifted to him based on the ongoing conversation.

Stupid ties.
Well it's only a tie depending on how he interprets the rules. I think your intent was clear and the vote easy to count, so I'll be interested to see if he does what the rules say or what common sense says
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:15 PM   #452
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So this simultaneous thing means that the wolves are unlikely to have killed me since I was raising so much suspicion. Yeah for living another day, I suppose.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:15 PM   #453
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
that's an interesting fustercluck there

That's an understatement. I am not quite sure why people are so strong on Neon Chaos. There is nothing in his verbage that seems out of line, yet Barkeep is all over the place. Hmmmm.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:17 PM   #454
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

If I realised it was a tie I would have broken it, but I missed JHandley's vote for NeonChaos on page 8 in my quick tally. Sorry guys.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:18 PM   #455
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
That's an understatement. I am not quite sure why people are so strong on Neon Chaos. There is nothing in his verbage that seems out of line, yet Barkeep is all over the place. Hmmmm.

I dont understand why they think his non votes are significant. I honestly dont believe a wolf would miss two votes in a row
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:18 PM   #456
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
So this simultaneous thing means that the wolves are unlikely to have killed me since I was raising so much suspicion. Yeah for living another day, I suppose.

They could have sent in a conditional kill, but I don't think there was anyway they would have killed you tonight anyway.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:18 PM   #457
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
Well I'd point out that Neon will become increasingly hard to kill as time goes on and shows no signs of adding anything to the game.

I'd also point out that last game, I was very firmly in certain places and was very much a wolf. Though I was pretty firmly in certain places the game before and was a villager. But I would say a definite hole in my wolf game that I plan to plug is how firmly in one place I was last game.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:20 PM   #458
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

So I guess that the wolves didn't kill anybody tonight? Or cronin is just really slow.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:21 PM   #459
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
So I guess that the wolves didn't kill anybody tonight? Or cronin is just really slow.
Cronin mentioned that his net connection was bad. My guess is he's sending out PMs first and then will post night results.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:22 PM   #460
Gonzo
Mascot

Oh great. No-lynch.

Well that's a disaster then.
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:22 PM   #461
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Antmeister, Daddytorgo, Telle, Render, Lonestargirl all voted barkeep to blow it open while only Cartman and barkeep went a different direction.

The run of votes went

Barkeep
Neon Chaos
Barkeep
Barkeep
Neon Chaos
Barkeep
Barkeep
Neon Chaos
Alan T

So make of that what you will. I don't see that as a wholesale bandwagon, more of a normal momentum shift that is common near deadlines.

Plus, I don't see why you could be suprised at people voting for Barkeep, when you were arguing so strongly in favour of lynching him. "I argued for lynching Barkeep all day to see if I could convince anyone to vote for and I did so they must be wolves!" doesn't exactly make sense.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:25 PM   #462
st.cronin
General Manager

pms sent

Lathum has been murdered!

Day 3 has officially begun, deadline 10pm Eastern time Sunday

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:33 PM   #463
RendeR
Coordinator

Is it just me or does her bustier color make it look like she's bare breasted in that outfit?
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:33 PM   #464
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

fuck
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:34 PM   #465
Barkeep49
Coordinator

No night PM for me.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:44 PM   #466
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Nothing for me either
Old 07-28-2007, 09:45 PM   #467
Gonzo
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood View Post
The run of votes went

Barkeep
Neon Chaos
Barkeep
Barkeep
Neon Chaos
Barkeep
Barkeep
Neon Chaos
Alan T

So make of that what you will. I don't see that as a wholesale bandwagon, more of a normal momentum shift that is common near deadlines.

Plus, I don't see why you could be suprised at people voting for Barkeep, when you were arguing so strongly in favour of lynching him. "I argued for lynching Barkeep all day to see if I could convince anyone to vote for and I did so they must be wolves!" doesn't exactly make sense.

Well something's fishy about that bandwagon at any rate.

Personally I think we should go full steam ahead and Vote Alan T

He may well have been turned into a wolf by now.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:46 PM   #468
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
fuck

Looks like they didn't like you taking my side.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:46 PM   #469
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

none for me

guess you were a villegar this time for real though lathum
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:48 PM   #470
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Well something's fishy about that bandwagon at any rate.

Personally I think we should go full steam ahead and Vote Alan T

He may well have been turned into a wolf by now.
That is not a valid vote and will not be counted. You did not give a space between the vote and everything else on each side and it is not all in CAPS. Today's fiasco results from our not following the very strict rules. Best it doesn't happen again.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:51 PM   #471
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I agree that I am kind of ticked at Alant after today. But I dont know if i am going to vote for him yet. Hopefully I will be online before 8 central tomorrow to catch up, but I have 5 games to umpire starting at 8:30 am. I will definitely be on in the morning though to see what happens over night
Old 07-28-2007, 09:52 PM   #472
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Just looked over today's posts by Lathum. He didn't comment on anyone today except me and Alan. He thought Alan was good. He didn't like my style of play and thus voted for me.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:53 PM   #473
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I agree that I am kind of ticked at Alant after today. But I dont know if i am going to vote for him yet. Hopefully I will be online before 8 central tomorrow to catch up, but I have 5 games to umpire starting at 8:30 am. I will definitely be on in the morning though to see what happens over night
I'm assuming you know this, but just in case, you do realize unlike last game we're in Day 3, as there are no Nights in this game?
Old 07-28-2007, 09:53 PM   #474
Gonzo
Mascot

Quote:
That is not a valid vote and will not be counted. You did not give a space between the vote and everything else on each side and it is not all in CAPS. Today's fiasco results from our not following the very strict rules. Best it doesn't happen again.

Right.

VOTE ALAN T
Old 07-28-2007, 09:54 PM   #475
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Just looked over today's posts by Lathum. He didn't comment on anyone today except me and Alan. He thought Alan was good. He didn't like my style of play and thus voted for me.

What do you think that means? Personally I think they just killed Lathum because he is known as such a good player. So I dont know if this makes me think we have some professional wolves, or if this means we have some newbie wolves who are afraid of somebody like Lathum
Old 07-28-2007, 09:56 PM   #476
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
I'm assuming you know this, but just in case, you do realize unlike last game we're in Day 3, as there are no Nights in this game?

Yah, I think you just misread what I said. I want to know what happens over night, like while I am asleep, not what happens in the night cycle. I am sure Chief is at work so he will be on after I am asleep, and Tanglewood will be waking up for work shortly, and other people will be crawling in from their Saturday night excursions, so by the time I wake up there should be a lot to catch up on.... That is what I meant.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:57 PM   #477
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Antmeister, you have three posts so far this game. And incidentally that is equivalent to how many posts Neon has, and a lot of people were trying to get him lynched. So you better speak up before you are next.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:57 PM   #478
Gonzo
Mascot

Quote:

Keep in mind that Lathum might actually in fact have been the Mad Scientist, so we can't 100% rely on voting records.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:59 PM   #479
JHandley
High School Varsity

I was under the impression from the rules that the Mad Scientist was working wtih the wolves?
JHandley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:00 PM   #480
Barkeep49
Coordinator

In the spirit of full disclose I just recieved the following PM from cronin (twice, actually), and since we can, I feel compelled to share the PM:

Quote:
I have bad eyes, and its very difficult for me to see votes that are in the middle of a sentence when I'm skimming the thread.

As I explained to him I was not equating strict with bad. Simply strict with strict.

I will also point out that in no time in MY pm did something happen to me that I can't explain
Old 07-28-2007, 10:00 PM   #481
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHandley View Post
I was under the impression from the rules that the Mad Scientist was working wtih the wolves?
Yes but we don't know whether or not he knows who the wolves are and/or if the wolves know who he is.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:01 PM   #482
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Antmeister, you have three posts so far this game. And incidentally that is equivalent to how many posts Neon has, and a lot of people were trying to get him lynched. So you better speak up before you are next.
I think the problem came more from Neon's lack of voting than posting, but would agree that Ant should speak up.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:01 PM   #483
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I thought the Mad Scientist was a bad guy also.... and I assumed all the bad guys knew one another, which means Lathum couldn't have been the Mad Scientist...and if he was I bet cronin would have told us
Old 07-28-2007, 10:05 PM   #484
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I thought the Mad Scientist was a bad guy also.... and I assumed all the bad guys knew one another, which means Lathum couldn't have been the Mad Scientist...and if he was I bet cronin would have told us
Let's look at the role description one more time:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rules
Mad Scientist - You have found Dr. Frankenstein's old notes, and have begun work on an army of lycanthropes. If lynched, you will turn up as human, but for game purposes you count as a wolf.

I actually bet that we don't find out if the mad scientist dies hence the reason why he shows up human on death but counts for the bad guy figures. Whether he knows the wolves or not is a different question. If he can't convert the wolves, I think it's more likely that he knows who the wolves are, but they don't know who he is.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:06 PM   #485
Barkeep49
Coordinator

That is the "begun work on an army of lycanthropes" is in reference to his having created the wolves already. In that scenario I think it's possible, even likely, that he'll know the wolves but they won't know him.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:08 PM   #486
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well I'd point out that Neon will become increasingly hard to kill as time goes on and shows no signs of adding anything to the game.

I'd also point out that last game, I was very firmly in certain places and was very much a wolf. Though I was pretty firmly in certain places the game before and was a villager. But I would say a definite hole in my wolf game that I plan to plug is how firmly in one place I was last game.

You know, after the sequence of events that just occured, I am starting to side with you and AlanT. That last minute barrage does make you think. The fact that someone used something against AlanT makes me wonder if it were some sort of smokescreen to put our eyes on him. And now this anger for AlanT seems a bit odd. Right now, Chief Rum, LSG and Neon Chaos has me wondering about them.

Chief Rum is one of my candidates because he voted the odd man out. Not 100% sure on him, but suspicious.

LSG seems to want to pry the eyes away from Neon Chaos a little too hard. While I didn't understand the focus of his non-voting, I didn't understand why she began to mention that I had the same post count as him, because I might be next. I guess she doesn't realize there are others here with the same and that makes me wonder.

And the only reason why Neon Chaos suddenly became suspicious is that he could have easily changed his vote at the last moment, but I guess he didn't want to look too suspicious, so this barrage of votes for Barkeep came out of nowhere. Hmmmm.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:16 PM   #487
JHandley
High School Varsity

My problem with Neon is that if he gets converted to werewolf, would anyone know? He's checked in, got drunk and used random.org to place a vote on DT. That's it. My poppa always told me, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

I'm starting to wonder about the people who switched from Neon to BK. It seemed all day long that voting for Neon was a great place for the wolves to vote. I wonder if voting for BK to try and bump him off wouldn't be a good strategy for them.
JHandley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:28 PM   #488
Telle
College Starter

Am I the only one (including st cronin appearantly!) that noticed that Neon_Chaos voted in post #318???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
www.random.org compels me to vote.

VOTE DADDYTORGO

Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:33 PM   #489
Telle
College Starter

Other than JHandley appearantly (didn't see his post above mine before I posted).
Old 07-28-2007, 10:35 PM   #490
st.cronin
General Manager

I did overlook that vote, somehow. It wouldn't have changed the outcome.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:37 PM   #491
Telle
College Starter

No it wouldn't have.. but people were going on about how he missed two votes, and that's not the case.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:58 PM   #492
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

anyone else bothered by the convienence of that vote though? seems like it'd be real easy for a wolf to throwaway a D1 vote on me and blame it on random.org after the bad run of d1's that i've had lately...
Old 07-28-2007, 11:02 PM   #493
Telle
College Starter

It was a day 2 vote. He missed the vote on day 1. And in my book missing one vote and then throwing out a random.org vote the next day very early and then not showing up again isn't much better than missing two votes.. but figured I'd point out that he did actually vote on day 2.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:06 PM   #494
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

still, using random.org as an excuse seems like a relatively risk-free way for a wolf to try to get an early run going on me, which they would believe would work since i've been offed so early lately.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:09 PM   #495
Schmidty
Coordinator

Just got back.

Totally lame that we have again not voted. I'm pretty disgusted right now.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 11:19 PM   #496
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
still, using random.org as an excuse seems like a relatively risk-free way for a wolf to try to get an early run going on me, which they would believe would work since i've been offed so early lately.

I dunno.. maybe you're just getting paranoid since you've been offed early lately I could definitely see a theory that it's a way for a wolf to hide his vote though.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:38 PM   #497
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

we need a damm lynch. This is ridiculous
Old 07-28-2007, 11:45 PM   #498
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
we need a damm lynch. This is ridiculous

Got any suggestions?
Old 07-29-2007, 12:18 AM   #499
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
What do you think that means? Personally I think they just killed Lathum because he is known as such a good player. So I dont know if this makes me think we have some professional wolves, or if this means we have some newbie wolves who are afraid of somebody like Lathum

aw shucks
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:43 AM   #500
path12
Coordinator

RendeR, why did you switch your vote?