Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #551
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
more or less. I have one minor ability that I'm not going to mention

Fair enough. It's at least different enough from font's explanation - not that that means font is lying, but it is different for sure.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #552
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hmm, I guess the way that I weigh Lathum's info is that fontsian might have been angle-shooting a bit with the Day 1 reveal.

I suspect there would be some symmetry between the "Big 6" roles and how they would go about hunting for their informants. If any other Big 6 wanted to chime in on this, be my guest.

Which, to some extent, begs the question of whether we want to eliminate Big 6 people who have their corresponding informants still out there - as a way to minimize the chances of having more murderers to deal with - or just go after the "original" murderers?

Finally, there is nothing that guarantees that Lathum did not start as a murderer, correct?

Quote:
The Big Six
The Big Six, as noted above, are all fully capable of becoming a murderer at some point in the game.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #553
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
OK, gonna put this out there as I think it gives a decent bit of info to the village.

The theory about the big 6 having to kill their informant, at least in my case, is accurate. I am Mrs. Peacock, and if I night killed the cook I would turn wolf.

My plan was to vote Murray5y and see if he would be lynched, then reveal this info. I will be very up front in saying had Murray5y not been lynched I was going to kill him and become a wolf.

There is one thing that doesn't add up. I basically have to perform an action that searches for my informant. If I find them I kill them and become a wolf. I was able to perform this action every night prior to the cook being killed.

now fontisian states she has a one time ability to kill a player, and if that player is her informant she becomes a wolf. This is very different from the way I could have become a wolf.

I wanted to get this out there because now that the cook is dead I am basically a vanilla villager.

Lathum, I'm not understanding what the difference is between how you could have become a wolf and how font is saying she could become a wolf. You're saying you could night kill the cook and become a wolf. Font is also claiming a night kill ability and if she hits a certain target, she would become a wolf.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #554
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

Which, to some extent, begs the question of whether we want to eliminate Big 6 people who have their corresponding informants still out there - as a way to minimize the chances of having more murderers to deal with - or just go after the "original" murderers?

That was floated yesterday, too, and personally, I still think a viable option (which is why font is on my short list today)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Finally, there is nothing that guarantees that Lathum did not start as a murderer, correct?

Definitely true.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #555
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Lathum, I'm not understanding what the difference is between how you could have become a wolf and how font is saying she could become a wolf. You're saying you could night kill the cook and become a wolf. Font is also claiming a night kill ability and if she hits a certain target, she would become a wolf.

The difference being that Lathum is saying his ability is a search and if he happens to search his informant, he kills the informant. He can do this until his informant is dead, basically. Font said she gets a one-time kill - if she gets the informant, she becomes a wolf.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #556
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post

The difference is Font said she didn't have any scan ability, she just had to luck out with her kill.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #557
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
I would have to think that Miss Scarlet is a wolf at this point...it fits the explanation as to why The Cop bit it in the first place.

I would imagine there's a host of people who haven't checked in yet today,s o I wouldn't be quite so bold.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #558
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Fair enough - but it makes the most sense in my mind. We know that DV couldn't have been killed by the Big Six (not for informant purposes at least)
Old 03-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #559
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I would have to think that Miss Scarlet is a wolf at this point...it fits the explanation as to why The Cop bit it in the first place.

I think that's probably true based on the role info from font and Lathum. So we can probably assume there's at least two wolves in the group of players currently at the house, Scarlet and whoever killed DV.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #560
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQ_BOY1000 View Post
So this could have happened last night...

One of the Big 6 killed their informant... CR... and we now have another Murderer in our midst. The cop in the movie is on Scarlet's payroll and he is killed with the led pipe.

Quote:

These two pretty much state my theory on CR's NK. I'm not _convinced_ it's Miss Scarlett who is behind this, but I'd bet on it. What surprises me more than anything is that a Big Six player would have actually found their informant on N1 (though I suppose the odds of that happening are close to a coin flip).
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #561
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
This seems like a method to if not create a Circle of Trust, at least corral our murderers. With Lathum revealing himself, he hopefully can get scanned by somebody. With the Cop gone, there's another Big Six who should be able to reveal. He will either be a wolf or safe from conversion. If he doesn't reveal, he's likely a wolf. If he does, he can get scanned and cleared.

Speaking of which, where's Britrock.

Hi. Thoughts to follow.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #562
Autumn
Head Coach

But it's just as possible, and more likely, that someone tried to kill an Informer and missed, killing Chief. So they might be a "safe" Big 6 like Lathum instead. If by the end of the day nobody's fessed up to it, I would feel comfortable assuming that it was Miss Scarlet, and is now a Murderer, but at this point I don't see that we can assume that.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #563
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Fair enough - but it makes the most sense in my mind. We know that DV couldn't have been killed by the Big Six (not for informant purposes at least)

Maybe I'm thinking about this wrong. Isn't it the case that the Big 6 can kill *anyone*, it's just they only succeed if they kill their INformer? Or have Font and Lathum implied that their kill won't work on others?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #564
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
But it's just as possible, and more likely, that someone tried to kill an Informer and missed, killing Chief. So they might be a "safe" Big 6 like Lathum instead. If by the end of the day nobody's fessed up to it, I would feel comfortable assuming that it was Miss Scarlet, and is now a Murderer, but at this point I don't see that we can assume that.

True...if they have a Big Six role like Font suggested (as opposed to what Lathum suggested).
Old 03-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #565
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Maybe I'm thinking about this wrong. Isn't it the case that the Big 6 can kill *anyone*, it's just they only succeed if they kill their INformer? Or have Font and Lathum implied that their kill won't work on others?

Lathum said that his was a scan, not a kill. Font said her's was a one-time kill.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #566
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
True...if they have a Big Six role like Font suggested (as opposed to what Lathum suggested).

True, I suppose a Lathum-type Big 6 would have scanned first. So either there are Font-type Big 6 and they took a blind shot, or there's a Murderer, or another role that can kill for some other reason.

I also want to keep in mind that DV might have been killed by a Big 6 or other who just wasn't paying attention. Never assume everyone's on top of the game.

However, my guess is we have a crafty Murderer(s) who realized their best interest is to pick off the Extras.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #567
britrock88
Pro Starter

I'm bummed I didn't hear from others about suspicion in bulletsponge until morning, because he ended up as my #2 scan priority last night.

My thinking was that murrayyyyy revealed his informant role (whether people picked up on that or not) and was thus an easily known villager. As long as you guys believe me, I'm a villager, too. So the most popular votee with unknown murderer affiliation was Chubby. I went back through the vote analysis and looked for the latest move that was indicative of defending Chubby, and came up with ntndeacon.

Ntndeaceon scanned as a non-murderer. There is a caveat to this, though. Suppose ntndeacon was the character who we assume is Miss Scarlett -- the one who killed CR the cop. Because CW resolves night actions simultaneously, if I had the luck to scan a Big Six player AS they were killing their informant/converting, I would get a non-murderer result for a player who would become a murderer immediately thereafter. Bummer.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #568
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:

Fuller disclosure for the village's benefit. I am a Big Six character. I won't say which one because the caveat to my seer role is that if I scan my informant, I kill him/her and become a murderer.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #569
Autumn
Head Coach

By your logic, Brit, shouldn't you have scanned Chubby?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #570
britrock88
Pro Starter

And Autumn, I think Big Six characters simply have a trigger to convert when they scan/kill/etc. their informant. Though I wonder about Mr. Green...
Old 03-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #571
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
I also want to keep in mind that DV might have been killed by a Big 6 or other who just wasn't paying attention. Never assume everyone's on top of the game.

Very true - especially since someone did that with Danny. Or the murderers are just Fing with us
Old 03-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #572
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
By your logic, Brit, shouldn't you have scanned Chubby?

I like to think that we'd put him up for a vote again, kind of like what we did with DT a couple games ago.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #573
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The difference being that Lathum is saying his ability is a search and if he happens to search his informant, he kills the informant. He can do this until his informant is dead, basically. Font said she gets a one-time kill - if she gets the informant, she becomes a wolf.

Quote:
The difference is Font said she didn't have any scan ability, she just had to luck out with her kill.

Yeah, I'm a bit slow this morning (shoveling for an hour and a half will do that to a guy). I don't know that it means for sure font is lying though. It's conceivable there are differences in the ways which the Big Six perform their conversion baed on which particular role they may have. The fact that both revealed the information with no pressure on them lends credence to what they're saying too.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #574
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I agree, JAG.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #575
Autumn
Head Coach

Of note, I suppose, is that Mr. Green is the one Big 6 who doesn't seem to have an informer, so his role might work differently than the others. Not Font-style different, I wouldn't think, but possibly.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #576
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

this is correct
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #577
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Fuller disclosure for the village's benefit. I am a Big Six character. I won't say which one because the caveat to my seer role is that if I scan my informant, I kill him/her and become a murderer.

why shouldn't we lynch you toady in that case. We have no idea what the cut off is for you eing on our side and you yourself just told us we maybe can't trust your night one scan.

You sound like someone who may be a wolf trying to sound valuable but hedging your bets
Old 03-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #578
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

just to be clear. My ability amounts to a scan. If I hit on the cook I kill them and become a wolf. That is not all off the table for obvious reasons.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #579
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
why shouldn't we lynch you toady in that case. We have no idea what the cut off is for you eing on our side and you yourself just told us we maybe can't trust your night one scan.

You sound like someone who may be a wolf trying to sound valuable but hedging your bets

Lynching me today is dumb because it does the wolves' work for them. Lynching a known seer? Come on.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #580
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
just to be clear. My ability amounts to a scan. If I hit on the cook I kill them and become a wolf. That is not all off the table for obvious reasons.

I'll emend your quote to clarify my ability:

"just to be clear. My ability amounts to a scan. If I hit on the (unnamed living informant) I kill them and become a wolf."

So I'm a seer with a low, low probability of (accidental) conversion.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #581
Autumn
Head Coach

It's not that low. You havea pretty good shot of hitting it tonight or tomorrow night. So you're pretty much guaranteed to become a wolf soon unless we happen to somehow kill the informer first.

Actually our best shot would be to have your Informer reveal, lynch them, and keep you around. Our next best shot is to lynch you.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #582
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Madame Rose does another seance...

She brings into fuzzy view... Chief Rum, the Cop! And he's saying something!

"And so then I... wait, I'm dead? Sonofab... #$%@&!!!

Good luck village!"

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #583
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Actually our best shot would be to have your Informer reveal, lynch them, and keep you around. Our next best shot is to lynch you.

This is plausible, provided I can survive the night. I have no idea what the odds of that are.

Quote:
It's not that low. You havea pretty good shot of hitting it tonight or tomorrow night. So you're pretty much guaranteed to become a wolf soon unless we happen to somehow kill the informer first.

The odds were 1/14 last night; they'll probably be about the same tonight (assuming a few more people are introduced into the game tonight, like last night). Not that high a probability.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #584
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, if yo'ure doing your homework it's much better than that. And the wolves may not kill you, now that they know you're a possible conversion. It's a game of chicken, who's going to kill the seer!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #585
Autumn
Head Coach

I suppose the Informers have a victory condition of outliving their counterparts, or else it would be wise for us to simply do some reveals and remove the chance of more murderers.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #586
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, I suppose we have Brit in our targets. We can lynch him any day. It's possible, of course, that he killed Chief last night and is already bad, and faked his NTN scan. But as long as we take it with a grain of salt, it's good to have a possible seer around. If he's bad he's at least forced to come up with info to give us.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #587
Autumn
Head Coach

That said, I'm going to go with Bulletsponge for the moment, just on intuition and just because he's one of the original house members. If we can kill Brit's Informer, for example, we can have a safe seer.

VOTE BULLETSPONGE
Old 03-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #588
DQ_BOY1000
Mascot

I am struggling to follow this right now. I am new to this so work with me... if someone wouldn't mind explaining what the heck is going on.

What I am most confused about is why bullet is a target and how he relates to Britrock. Or does he not?

AHHHHHHH!!!! I am so lost right now.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #589
bhlloy
Coordinator

I'm a little confused about the Cop's death, I have to admit. Unless Scarlett started the game with knowledge about who he was, there's no way she could have found and killed him in one night, no?

There's no reason for that character to not come out and reveal if they are good, so we might find out soon enough. But I think it might be a coincidence that the cop was a NK and nothing to do with Scarlett, unless I'm missing something big.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #590
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

He doesn't. He has pinged a few folks with how he has played this game compared to recent games.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #591
bhlloy
Coordinator

Unless when you find someone you auto-kill them I guess. That makes a lot of sense. Still, unless CR tipped his hand that's a hell of a lucky shot on N1.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #592
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I'm a little confused about the Cop's death, I have to admit. Unless Scarlett started the game with knowledge about who he was, there's no way she could have found and killed him in one night, no?

There's no reason for that character to not come out and reveal if they are good, so we might find out soon enough. But I think it might be a coincidence that the cop was a NK and nothing to do with Scarlett, unless I'm missing something big.

Random, dumb luck is always a possibility too! And if it was Scarlet, no way she comes out now, because she is probably converted now.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #593
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, if she had a kill like Fontisian and missed, she should come out and say so. Might have been someone other than Scarlett.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #594
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQ_BOY1000 View Post
I am struggling to follow this right now. I am new to this so work with me... if someone wouldn't mind explaining what the heck is going on.

What I am most confused about is why bullet is a target and how he relates to Britrock. Or does he not?

AHHHHHHH!!!! I am so lost right now.

It's a pretty crazy game to jump into.

Bullet is a target simply because someone has to. The way he is playing made me think maybe he's a wolf. But there's no evidence. There never is Day two.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #595
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Hope that Informer is listening and ready to take one for the team
Old 03-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #596
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I like to think that we'd put him up for a vote again, kind of like what we did with DT a couple games ago.

I must say, this doesn't really make sense once you're revealed. Yes, if you were hidden, then stay away from Chubby. but if you know he's likely going to be in the vote today, why wouldn't you want us to know if he's bad?
Old 03-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #597
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Random, dumb luck is always a possibility too! And if it was Scarlet, no way she comes out now, because she is probably converted now.

Yeah, I think if she doesn't come out, that's pretty damning. Unless anyone can say otherwise I can't see a reason not to.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #598
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post

I think the idea of Scarlett getting the NK on the cop is a fairly big assumption. Not impossible, but it sure seems like there are enough other possibilities that we don't need to run with this just yet.

And this is coming from someone who cannot be Scarlett, since I'm one of the extras that arrived late to the party.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #599
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
And Autumn, I think Big Six characters simply have a trigger to convert when they scan/kill/etc. their informant. Though I wonder about Mr. Green...

This could be the difference between fontisian and your and Lathum's abilities then? Since Mr. Green wasn't listed as having a particular enemy, maybe that is fontisian and you guys have more specific targets?
Old 03-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #600
Autumn
Head Coach

But it sounds like Font has a specific target too, which is why that doesn't quite click for me.

Maybe Font can kill any of the informers, and so only gets one blind shot?