Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 10:12 PM   #1
kaosfere
College Prospect

I just sent the BOD a notice of the resignation of my position there.

I have found the stress that this league has been creating due to the unending inability of people to get along, albeit in the presence of an absolutely unrepentant douchebag, to take all the fun out of it. I've stopped reading most of the season threads because I just don't want to see the shit-flinging that I know will be in there. I have minimal motivation to work on my team, since I'm losing interest in the league I want them to succeed in.

This is a great idea, but as it is, right now, with the current group of people, there is one person ruining things so strongly that I simply cannot care any more -- the alternative is that I get too riled up over a silly fantasy baseball game.

So I'm taking a step back. I've asked that Toronto be put on vacation mode while I determine whether I want to come back full time or pull the plug for real. I'll be using the ensuing time to decide how much time I want to spendt on FOOL... and on whether the person(s) who are the root cause of my problems have left / been driven out.

Whether I return or not, I wish you all well, and I'm sorry I just don't have the guts to fight for a better environment, but it's just not in me right now. Most of y'all I like, and would love to have a beer with sometime. This ain't personal... except for one person and the unfortunate reactions he provokes in others.

Thanks for all the fish.

Rob out.
SBL:
Charlotte Monarchs (1992-1994) 237 - 186

Old 11-10-2008, 10:14 PM   #2
TimGuru
High School Varsity

I'll be in the chat for a little while and hope kaos finds his way in, as well as anyone else around.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:41 PM   #3
Pike
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosfere View Post
I just sent the BOD a notice of the resignation of my position there.

I have found the stress that this league has been creating due to the unending inability of people to get along, albeit in the presence of an absolutely unrepentant douchebag, to take all the fun out of it. I've stopped reading most of the season threads because I just don't want to see the shit-flinging that I know will be in there. I have minimal motivation to work on my team, since I'm losing interest in the league I want them to succeed in.

This is a great idea, but as it is, right now, with the current group of people, there is one person ruining things so strongly that I simply cannot care any more -- the alternative is that I get too riled up over a silly fantasy baseball game.

So I'm taking a step back. I've asked that Toronto be put on vacation mode while I determine whether I want to come back full time or pull the plug for real. I'll be using the ensuing time to decide how much time I want to spendt on FOOL... and on whether the person(s) who are the root cause of my problems have left / been driven out.

Whether I return or not, I wish you all well, and I'm sorry I just don't have the guts to fight for a better environment, but it's just not in me right now. Most of y'all I like, and would love to have a beer with sometime. This ain't personal... except for one person and the unfortunate reactions he provokes in others.

Thanks for all the fish.

Rob out.

Sorry to hear that man, but I think you might have the right idea.

This is an easy fix though.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:43 PM   #4
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry to see you go man.

I won't try to talk you out of it because over the years I have found some people just take certain things online a LOT more serious then I do. My normal "let it slide, move on" stance on this stuff just does not work for others I guess.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:48 PM   #5
TimGuru
High School Varsity

You're in the slimmest of majorities if not no majority at all Cringer. Kaos not the only one to go, and I'm not referring to Pike. I am 100% certain that a line was crossed with the vulgar crude directed post in the other thread. Its one or the league at this point, I suspect. If the enablers wish to continue to ignore and enable, then this will likely be a 50% AI league by next Monday.

Last edited by TimGuru : 11-10-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:52 PM   #6
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Wait wait wait....I just read the whole thing. (Yes I was lazy and skipped part )

You are basically saying it is you are HA and the league needs to decide which one to keep? Oh this ends well for the league. I have never understood why some people have such a problem with HA. I find him to be a great owner in MP leagues. Anyways, yeah this ends piss poor I am guessing.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:53 PM   #7
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimGuru View Post
You're in the slimmest of majorities if not no majority at all Cringer. Kaos not the only one to go, and I'm not referring to Pike. I am 100% certain that a line was crossed with the vulgar crude directed post in the other thread. Its one or the league at this point, I suspect. If the enablers wish to continue to ignore and enable, then this will likely be a 50% AI league by next Monday.

I will try to search out this comment, but pointing in the right direction would help....
Old 11-10-2008, 11:26 PM   #8
Pike
H.S. Freshman Team

Well I have ole boy on ignore, but even now putting up with his crap albeit indirectly.

I've had more than a few PM me that they share my feelings on why I come here. It's to get away from what can be a sucky real world sometimes. It's, as I have said before, not unlike playing poker with your pals. Would you play poker with an asshole, if you could help it?

Anyway, I agree that unless something is done, this league will be pretty shorthanded in very little time. And that sucks. This is a great league with terrific history---and some top notch guys running the show. But I think each of us deserves a place that we can go to relax, have a few laughs, and basically enjoy ourselves. And right now it is obvious that fewer and fewer and getting that.

I do have to ask Cringer, when you want to know why people have a problem with Anthony, if you have been reading anything around here at all? Just can't see where you wouldn't see what the ruckus is about.

Anyway, once again hate to see a great league go down the drain over a single guy. It's an easy fix.

Last edited by Pike : 11-10-2008 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:42 PM   #9
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike View Post
Well I have ole boy on ignore, but even now putting up with his crap albeit indirectly.

I've had more than a few PM me that they share my feelings on why I come here. It's to get away from what can be a sucky real world sometimes. It's, as I have said before, not unlike playing poker with your pals. Would you play poker with an asshole, if you could help it?

Anyway, I agree that unless something is done, this league will be pretty shorthanded in very little time. And that sucks. This is a great league with terrific history---and some top notch guys running the show. But I think each of us deserves a place that we can go to relax, have a few laughs, and basically enjoy ourselves. And right now it is obvious that fewer and fewer and getting that.

I do have to ask Cringer, when you want to know why people have a problem with Anthony, if you have been reading anything around here at all? Just can't see where you wouldn't see what the ruckus is about.

Anyway, once again hate to see a great league go down the drain over a single guy. It's an easy fix.

I read stuff. Not everything like I used to, in part because so much has been complaining. Like the Chill Out thread, I knew it was drama so I stayed out of it mostly.

Your first sentence points out part of the problem in my eyes.
Quote:
but even now putting up with his crap albeit indirectly.

As I told someone in a PM just a bit ago, the HA (Anthony) "side" of this thing is not the only side ruining the league for people right now. Because it keeps going on and on from both "sides" and it is now turned to a public call for kicking a guy out of the league the damage will be there no matter what happens at this point.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:01 AM   #10
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I have been holding everything together with fragile threads for the past 10 days it feels like. I have never experienced anything like this in any online league that I have ever been a part of and I am not quite sure how to express what my feelings are about the entire situation.

I have had over the past week close to half of the league at one point or another send me PMs stating they wanted to step down, leave, stop playing, or move on when I find someone to fill their team. Last night alone I have had 2 people quit the league.. All because people can not be respectful of one another.

I do not blame one person for this, I pretty much blame almost everyone for it as this is a situation that should never have even escalated to this point. Now I am faced with either the league just imploding and ending right here because a group of adults have ended up turning something that I really enjoy into a pissfest, or having some way to deal with this.

I have to step away for the next 90 minutes for some work stuff. I guess in that time I will have to try to figure out how to fix this all, otherwise this league probably will just have to look hard to figure out what the next step is, with 1/3 to 1/2 less owners.

Closed Thread