Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-30-2009, 09:09 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1901 FOOL-H Season

Ok. Thanks to some bullpen relief from Alan who helped me get OOTPX setup as a Commish and moving the game and all of the other tons of crap onto my new laptop, we're ready to get going!

A new file is now on the server that should give you access to your draft lists for the 1901 Draft. We'll be a day behind, but the schedule accommodates it, so we're cool. We'll run the draft on early Saturday morning, the season on early Sunday morning and the post-season on early Monday morning. Next week, we'll be on our regular schedule again.

So go ahead, get your draft lists setup and we'll run the draft tomorrow at 1am (not in 3 hours, 27 hours.)

Thanks!

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I am not sure why, but I am seeing absolutely no stats from the spring.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

And I am only seeing pitchers in the draft pool....

Old 07-30-2009, 09:24 PM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Ugh. Stupid game. Maybe it didn't schedule spring? Well, I know it did because there were games. Bleh. Then again, the dearth of pitchers may make that pool a good thing.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:25 PM   #5
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Ugh. Stupid game. Maybe it didn't schedule spring? Well, I know it did because there were games. Bleh. Then again, the dearth of pitchers may make that pool a good thing.

The spring games were played, but our file doesn't seem to have any of the box scores or game logs in it.. maybe that is why we also don't see the stats?

As for the draft pool, I've never used gambo, so no idea whats up there

Old 07-30-2009, 10:42 PM   #6
fairly
n00b

How many draft rounds? And the order is all AL teams before any NL teams?
I never played historical before. Should I go by ratings or RL stats? How closely can we expect players to match RL performance?

Last edited by fairly : 07-30-2009 at 10:49 PM. Reason: !
fairly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:45 PM   #7
cmldude
Mascot

well i cant see any of the spring training games, but i can look at all the players in the draft pool. too bad i pick 15th. there are some good pitchers out there
cmldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:18 PM   #8
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Okay quick setup question.

I have the game in OOTP now. I'm looking at FTP options. Do I want to check "Use FTP to Download League File," and if so, what do I put in the empty boxes?
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:20 PM   #9
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Also, not sure if this has been covered, but I'd like to strongly suggest that we use a different cash max than default. It is way too high in OOTPX, and from what I hear, new sales of the game come with the financial file from OOTP9 because this one is so screwed up.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:24 PM   #10
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
Okay quick setup question.

I have the game in OOTP now. I'm looking at FTP options. Do I want to check "Use FTP to Download League File," and if so, what do I put in the empty boxes?

Uncheck the box "Use FTP to Download League File" and set the following:

Quote:
League File name: FOOLH.lg
League File URL: http://www.seojudo.com/baseball/FOOLH.lg.tar.gz

As for the finances, DC has made the finances the standard "FOOL" format we use in the other leagues, where it ends up being enough money each year for your team plus perhaps one medium size contract to be cut early if you need to, but not much more wiggleroom to increase the tough choices people have to make in regards to player contracts.

At the start everyone will have way too much money, but after 3-4 seasons it will clean itself up somewhat as the player demands improve things. (ie: my Starting shortstop wants $14 million a year to resign right now, which would be more than half of my team combined)

Old 07-31-2009, 01:13 PM   #11
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairly View Post
How many draft rounds? And the order is all AL teams before any NL teams?
I never played historical before. Should I go by ratings or RL stats? How closely can we expect players to match RL performance?

The draft will last until the players run out I believe. I wouldn't worry about slotting everyone into your draft list as we'll drafting be bums by the 3rd or 4th round most seasons, some seasons as early as the 2nd.

I'm an NL team and I have the #1 pick.

Players talent ratings at the time of the draft should accurately represent what that player did for his career. Their actual ratings and their fake baseball performance will have nothing to do with real life. We're going to have lots of star players that were never stars in real life.

Historical drafts are different from regular drafts because most of the players are fully developed now with a nice amount of younger guys still needing room to grow. We're going to see rookies over 30 and prospects as young as 16 (at least in this draft). Should be fun.

Any other questions?

Last edited by Montreal_GM : 07-31-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Montreal_GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:16 PM   #12
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal_GM View Post

I'm an NL team and I have the #1 pick.

Did you download the new file yesterday? The draft order changed (I was the #4 pick and am now the #10 pick). Right now the Orioles have the #1 pick and they are an AL team.

Unless there was a new file that went up late last night that I haven't seen (I guess I'll try another download now just to see).

Old 07-31-2009, 01:17 PM   #13
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, just re-downloaded it. Draft order is still different from original and draft pool is still only pitchers and about 20 or so total players.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:23 PM   #14
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Cardinals have exported.

So many players to choose from for the 1st pick. I really wanted to go with 16 year old Chief Bender but I couldn't resist Addie Joss being a bit more fully developed. However, there isn't much drop off from pick 1 to pick 16 in the pitching department so there will be plenty of guys to go around.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:26 PM   #15
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Yeah, just re-downloaded it. Draft order is still different from original and draft pool is still only pitchers and about 20 or so total players.

I guess I'm confused because I just downloaded the file you quoted yesterday, updated the FTP stuff, clicked download league file and it worked perfectly. I have the #1 pick in my file and there are way more than 20 players in the pool and plenty of hitters.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:30 PM   #16
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I guess I'm confused because I just downloaded the file you quoted yesterday, updated the FTP stuff, clicked download league file and it worked perfectly. I have the #1 pick in my file and there are way more than 20 players in the pool and plenty of hitters.

Weird.. I just re-downloaded it manually and you still are listed as #16 draft pick and I only see pitchers in the draft pool.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:30 PM   #17
spleen1015
Coordinator

I just downloaded the file on to a PC that has never had a FOOLH file on it and it shows Baltimore as the first pick.

I see lots of hitters, too.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:31 PM   #18
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, found that I some reason had a custom filter on (no idea why for a new league), so I now see 140 players.. but the draft order is still different. (you are 16th instead of 1st, I am 10th instead of 4th etc)

Old 07-31-2009, 01:35 PM   #19
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Hmm. I guess I'll delete and download again and see what's up.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:42 PM   #20
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

I downloaded the file from this post. I downloaded the new league file from the server in game. Game date is 3/14/01. I still have the 1st pick.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:44 PM   #21
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Weird.. no idea why you see it differently then everyone. Since you are seeing the old list, I hope that is the one that is correct since I like that pick better than the new one

Old 07-31-2009, 02:06 PM   #22
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

For the record I wiped everything again then repeated the process with same results. My game connects to the server, exports, etc, and it still has me as the first pick. Either something is wrong with my process or there is some sort of bug we don't know about.

No biggie if I'm actually #16, I can get almost the same type of pitcher there as I can at #1. Not as good of a hitter if I want to go that way, but we'll see what's left on my list.

Last edited by Montreal_GM : 07-31-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Montreal_GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:12 PM   #23
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
For the record I wiped everything again then repeated the process with same results. My game connects to the server, exports, etc, and it still has me as the first pick. Either something is wrong with my process or there is some sort of bug we don't know about.

No biggie if I'm actually #16, I can get almost the same type of pitcher there as I can at #1. Not as good of a hitter if I want to go that way, but we'll see what's left on my list.

Yeah, I would look at it more in depth if I wasn't tied up with work right now. I mainly was worried with the draft pool. When I found that it was user error on my part, I'm less worried about the other stuff. I submitted my draft list which should be fine whatever way it ends up going.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:16 PM   #24
spleen1015
Coordinator

I am wondering about the draft order in the file that I have. It doesn't look like the draft order was randomized. The teams are in alphabetical order with the AL first then the NL. So, I bet they are in Team Id order or something.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:28 PM   #25
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Yeah, I would look at it more in depth if I wasn't tied up with work right now. I mainly was worried with the draft pool. When I found that it was user error on my part, I'm less worried about the other stuff. I submitted my draft list which should be fine whatever way it ends up going.

No need to check it out, I just had to try again to see if it was me. I'll submit and be surprised.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:41 PM   #26
cmldude
Mascot

I dont know if this is a concern or not, but i export my draft list, but if you check for updated files and always says there is a new updated file and my draft list is gone. so just making sure my draft list is being saved.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:42 PM   #27
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmldude View Post
I dont know if this is a concern or not, but i export my draft list, but if you check for updated files and always says there is a new updated file and my draft list is gone. so just making sure my draft list is being saved.

The commish has to import your export, make a new file available before you see your draft list reflected.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:44 PM   #28
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Right, what Spleen says, that is normal. Your export is still on the server and will stay there until it is imported (unless you export again and write over it

Old 07-31-2009, 02:54 PM   #29
spleen1015
Coordinator

I wiped everything away and re-downloaded and I still things the same way as before.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:55 PM   #30
spleen1015
Coordinator

Dola,

Montreal_GM, I wonder if you're having a caching issue with your zip file and don't over write what you have.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:58 PM   #31
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Dola,

Montreal_GM, I wonder if you're having a caching issue with your zip file and don't over write what you have.

I don't think he would have seen the draft pool if that was the case. I don't remember it being in the previous file (or was it?)

Old 07-31-2009, 05:39 PM   #32
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Out of curiosity, are we using the default Aging/Dev settings or are we using custom ones? If custom, mind letting me know what they are?
Old 07-31-2009, 05:44 PM   #33
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
Out of curiosity, are we using the default Aging/Dev settings or are we using custom ones? If custom, mind letting me know what they are?

I would be guessing if I answered anything on this one. DC will have to tell you on this one.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:47 PM   #34
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Actually I lied. I do have down what they are here. Looks like currently it is:

.500 for aging and development speed for both pitchers and batters right now. I assume that was after DC ran his tests that he found that worked the best for this format.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:13 AM   #35
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

For those who might check in the a.m. No wireless where I'm staying tonight (I'm using my phone) so ill have to run the draft tomorrow afternoon, because I have to teach in the morning. But it shouldn't be a regular occurence, as its rare I stay someplace without internet, but tonight I did.

So anyway, there's a heads up. Also, the modifiers are from testing. They help increase milestone careers and coupled w/talent randomness at 100 we should be in decent shape to re-write history.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:28 PM   #36
EddieK
High School Varsity

I can't get anyting to work, I tried to re-download the file from the link in the original thread and it gives me the old date. I try to update within the game and it says can not connect to server.
EddieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:50 PM   #37
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Round 1
Round 1, Pick 1 - Baltimore Orioles: SP A. Joss
Round 1, Pick 2 - Boston Red Sox: SP C. Falkenberg
Round 1, Pick 3 - Chicago Whales: SP C. Bender
Round 1, Pick 4 - Louisville Black Caps: SP C. McFarland
Round 1, Pick 5 - Detroit Tigers: CF H. Smoot
Round 1, Pick 6 - New York Yankees: SP B. Ewing
Round 1, Pick 7 - Philadelphia Athletics: SP F. Glade
Round 1, Pick 8 - Washington Senators: MR R. Vickers
Round 1, Pick 9 - Brooklyn Robins: SP C. Smith
Round 1, Pick 10 - Boston Beaneaters: SP G. Mullin
Round 1, Pick 11 - Chicago Cubs: SP H. Iburg
Round 1, Pick 12 - Cincinnati Redlegs: SP J. St. Vrain
Round 1, Pick 13 - New York Giants: RF B. Congalton
Round 1, Pick 14 - Philadelphia Phillies: SP A. Pearson
Round 1, Pick 15 - Pittsburgh Pirates: SP R. Kisinger
Round 1, Pick 16 - St. Louis Cardinals: SP C. Shields
Round 2
Round 2, Pick 1 - Baltimore Orioles: SP O. Hess
Round 2, Pick 2 - Boston Red Sox: MR A. Coakley
Round 2, Pick 3 - Chicago Whales: SP T. Walker
Round 2, Pick 4 - Louisville Black Caps: SP C. Lundgren
Round 2, Pick 5 - Detroit Tigers: 2B J. Evers
Round 2, Pick 6 - New York Yankees: SP B. Rhoads
Round 2, Pick 7 - Philadelphia Athletics: SP W. Egan
Round 2, Pick 8 - Washington Senators: LF P. Hill
Round 2, Pick 9 - Brooklyn Robins: RF L. Schlafly
Round 2, Pick 10 - Boston Beaneaters: SS J. Tinker
Round 2, Pick 11 - Chicago Cubs: SP G. Dorner
Round 2, Pick 12 - Cincinnati Redlegs: SP H. Thielman
Round 2, Pick 13 - New York Giants: LF G. Barclay
Round 2, Pick 14 - Philadelphia Phillies: SP I. Butler
Round 2, Pick 15 - Pittsburgh Pirates: SS H. Wagner
Round 2, Pick 16 - St. Louis Cardinals: MR C. Vorhees
Round 3
Round 3, Pick 1 - Baltimore Orioles: 2B P. Graham
Round 3, Pick 2 - Boston Red Sox: MR H. Fox
Round 3, Pick 3 - Chicago Whales: 1B T. Jones
Round 3, Pick 4 - Louisville Black Caps: 1B R. Brashear
Round 3, Pick 5 - Detroit Tigers: C L. Drill
Round 3, Pick 6 - New York Yankees: C H. Bemis
Round 3, Pick 7 - Philadelphia Athletics: RF H. Arndt
Round 3, Pick 8 - Washington Senators: 2B G. Wilson
Round 3, Pick 9 - Brooklyn Robins: MR W. Dunham
Round 3, Pick 10 - Boston Beaneaters: RF J. Sebring
Round 3, Pick 11 - Chicago Cubs: LF E. Courtney
Round 3, Pick 12 - Cincinnati Redlegs: C R. Dooin
Round 3, Pick 13 - New York Giants: C E. Phelps
Round 3, Pick 14 - Philadelphia Phillies: 2B J. Atz
Round 3, Pick 15 - Pittsburgh Pirates: C J. O'Neill
Round 3, Pick 16 - St. Louis Cardinals: MR B. Blewett
Round 4
Round 4, Pick 1 - Baltimore Orioles: MR D. Hale
Round 4, Pick 2 - Boston Red Sox: MR B. Dresser
Round 4, Pick 3 - Chicago Whales: C L. Fohl
Round 4, Pick 4 - Louisville Black Caps: 2B J. Morrissey
Round 4, Pick 5 - Detroit Tigers: MR J. Hackett
Round 4, Pick 6 - New York Yankees: RF A. Williams
Round 4, Pick 7 - Philadelphia Athletics: MR A. Hardy
Round 4, Pick 8 - Washington Senators: C L. Ritter
Round 4, Pick 9 - Brooklyn Robins: MR J. Whiting
Round 4, Pick 10 - Boston Beaneaters: 2B J. Thoney
Round 4, Pick 11 - Chicago Cubs: MR A. McCarthy
Round 4, Pick 12 - Cincinnati Redlegs: CF S. Kennedy
Round 4, Pick 13 - New York Giants: MR J. Lundbom
Round 4, Pick 14 - Philadelphia Phillies: LF D. Miller
Round 4, Pick 15 - Pittsburgh Pirates: MR B. Popp
Round 4, Pick 16 - St. Louis Cardinals: 3B J. Mathison
Round 5
Round 5, Pick 1 - Baltimore Orioles: LF G. Hildebrand
Round 5, Pick 2 - Boston Red Sox: MR L. Winham
Round 5, Pick 3 - Chicago Whales: C J. Berry
Round 5, Pick 4 - Louisville Black Caps: SP C. Currie
Round 5, Pick 5 - Detroit Tigers: 3B J. Murphy
Round 5, Pick 6 - New York Yankees: MR T. Quinn
Round 5, Pick 7 - Philadelphia Athletics: 3B P. Greene
Round 5, Pick 8 - Washington Senators: MR J. McMakin
Round 5, Pick 9 - Brooklyn Robins: LF C. Hartley
Round 5, Pick 10 - Boston Beaneaters: MR M. Glendon
Round 5, Pick 11 - Chicago Cubs: SS J. Bean
Round 5, Pick 12 - Cincinnati Redlegs: LF R. Ward
Round 5, Pick 13 - New York Giants: LF B. Clay
Round 5, Pick 14 - Philadelphia Phillies: MR J. Burke
Round 5, Pick 15 - Pittsburgh Pirates: RF J. McDonald
Round 5, Pick 16 - St. Louis Cardinals: MR J. Terry
Round 6
Round 6, Pick 1 - Baltimore Orioles: MR D. Adkins
Round 6, Pick 2 - Boston Red Sox: LF F. Mahar
Round 6, Pick 3 - Chicago Whales: MR D. Williams
Round 6, Pick 4 - Louisville Black Caps: RF J. Callahan
Round 6, Pick 5 - Detroit Tigers: MR S. McMackin
Round 6, Pick 6 - New York Yankees: LF E. Watkins
Round 6, Pick 7 - Philadelphia Athletics: MR S. Curran
Round 6, Pick 8 - Washington Senators: RF L. Schiappacasse
Round 6, Pick 9 - Brooklyn Robins: MR E. Walker
Round 6, Pick 10 - Boston Beaneaters: 1B B. Mellor
Round 6, Pick 11 - Chicago Cubs: MR R. Long
Round 6, Pick 12 - Cincinnati Redlegs: CF M. Lynch
Round 6, Pick 13 - New York Giants: MR B. Hooker
Round 6, Pick 14 - Philadelphia Phillies: RF W. Miller
Round 6, Pick 15 - Pittsburgh Pirates: MR H. Kane
Round 6, Pick 16 - St. Louis Cardinals: RF J. Hughes
Round 7
Round 7, Pick 1 - Baltimore Orioles: C P. Lamers
Round 7, Pick 2 - Boston Red Sox: MR E. Kenna
Round 7, Pick 3 - Chicago Whales: RF J. Hildebrand
Round 7, Pick 4 - Louisville Black Caps: MR B. Wolfe
Round 7, Pick 5 - Detroit Tigers: RF C. Pedroes
Round 7, Pick 6 - New York Yankees: MR E. Ross
Round 7, Pick 7 - Philadelphia Athletics: LF H. Krug
Round 7, Pick 8 - Washington Senators: MR L. Polchow
Round 7, Pick 9 - Brooklyn Robins: CF L. Washburn
Round 7, Pick 10 - Boston Beaneaters: LF B. Thomas
Round 7, Pick 11 - Chicago Cubs: RF J. Murray
Round 7, Pick 12 - Cincinnati Redlegs: 3B J. Calhoun
Round 7, Pick 13 - New York Giants: 2B L. Castro
Round 7, Pick 14 - Philadelphia Phillies: MR O. Porter
Round 7, Pick 15 - Pittsburgh Pirates: 3B E. Wheeler
Round 7, Pick 16 - St. Louis Cardinals: MR E. Fisher
Round 8
Round 8, Pick 1 - Baltimore Orioles: SS R. Kling
Round 8, Pick 2 - Boston Red Sox: 3B A. Oyler
Round 8, Pick 3 - Chicago Whales: C E. Hughes
Round 8, Pick 4 - Louisville Black Caps: RF L. Post
Round 8, Pick 5 - Detroit Tigers: C M. Hopkins
Round 8, Pick 6 - New York Yankees: C P. Deisel
Round 8, Pick 7 - Philadelphia Athletics: MR G. Clark
Round 8, Pick 8 - Washington Senators: C A. Weaver
Round 8, Pick 9 - Brooklyn Robins: MR J. Durham
Round 8, Pick 10 - Boston Beaneaters: SS O. Williams
Round 8, Pick 11 - Chicago Cubs: MR H. Cushman
Round 8, Pick 12 - Cincinnati Redlegs: MR D. Varney
Round 8, Pick 13 - New York Giants: MR B. Salisbury
Round 8, Pick 14 - Philadelphia Phillies: RF J. Hendricks
Round 8, Pick 15 - Pittsburgh Pirates: MR J. Adams
Round 8, Pick 16 - St. Louis Cardinals: SS M. Jacobs
Round 9
Round 9, Pick 1 - Baltimore Orioles: RF P. LePine
Round 9, Pick 2 - Boston Red Sox: 1B D. Hazleton
Round 9, Pick 3 - Chicago Whales: C N. Shea
Round 9, Pick 4 - Louisville Black Caps: MR C. Vasbinder
Round 9, Pick 5 - Detroit Tigers: 1B D. Clark
Round 9, Pick 6 - New York Yankees: MR P. Deininger
Round 9, Pick 7 - Philadelphia Athletics: CF R. Clark
Round 9, Pick 8 - Washington Senators: C G. Starnagle
Round 9, Pick 9 - Brooklyn Robins: C J. Robinson
Round 9, Pick 10 - Boston Beaneaters: C N. Fuller
Round 9, Pick 11 - Chicago Cubs: 1B C. Burns
Round 9, Pick 12 - Cincinnati Redlegs: 1B T. Maher
Old 08-01-2009, 05:18 PM   #38
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I put up a .zip file too for people to download if they're having problems getting the core files. I need to update the logos again, but I can't do that right now. But I'll get to it one of these days.

http://www.seojudo.com/baseball/FOOLH.lg.zip

Extracting over the files in your FOOLH.lg folder should get you up to date with us right now.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:35 PM   #39
Tasan
College Starter

Does everyone still get the "Missing database" message? Does the above file fix that? Am I just an idiot?

Don't answer the last one there.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:38 PM   #40
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
Does everyone still get the "Missing database" message? Does the above file fix that? Am I just an idiot?

Don't answer the last one there.

The missing database error is harmless. It is because DC uses a different database for importing players which the game can't find on your system (since you don't have it on your system). That is all that error means.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:41 PM   #41
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Will it ever go away? If not, can we get hold of the database so we can make it go away?
Old 08-01-2009, 08:06 PM   #42
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Will it ever go away? If not, can we get hold of the database so we can make it go away?

Yep, DC just needs to provide a link to the database and tell us what directory to unzip it to and that should take care of it. (The directory likely won't be in your OOTP directories, it probably will be something completely different elsewhere)

Old 08-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #43
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

DC,

Still no box scores/game logs or stats from spring training in the most recent file I fear.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:17 PM   #44
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I fixed the box scores problem and game logs. You'll see them in subsequent files. I hadn't changed my settings from when I was testing and wanted the stuff to go fast so I turned all that off. My bad.

I'll upload GamboDB now and will post a link to it.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #45
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I've uploaded GamboDB to http://www.seojudo.com/baseball/GamboDB.zip

I've got it installed on my machine at Desktop/GamboDB folder.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:48 AM   #46
Tasan
College Starter

I'm so lost as to when we're simming what next. Can we get a clear idea of what the schedule is going to be like the next 5 days or so?
Old 08-02-2009, 02:04 AM   #47
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's a normal schedule:
---------
Quote:
All exports are due by 1am ET. Sims will be run at some point between 1am and 3am ET unless otherwise noted.

Monday/Tuesday: No sim/make up day for any cancelled sim.
Wednesday: Amateur Draft
Thursday: Free Agency Day 1
Friday: Free Agency Day 2/Spring Training
Saturday: Regular Season
Sunday: Playoffs

Here's the schedule for the 11 days.

Today: Season
Tomorrow: Post-season
Tuesday: Nothing
Wednesday: Free Agency Day 1
Thursday: Free Agency Day 2
Friday: Spring Training
Saturday: Season
Sunday: Post-season
Monday/Tuesday: Nada
Wednesday: Draft

There won't be a draft until the following week, since we did the draft early this time, I'll need to get it scheduled to where it falls on a weekday Wednesday after the season ends, essentially or probably just need to rethink it in a more logical place.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:59 AM   #48
cmldude
Mascot

hey DC just a quick question, i downloaded that historical database, but where do i go so our league will link up with that file?

Last edited by cmldude : 08-02-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:00 AM   #49
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
I've uploaded GamboDB to http://www.seojudo.com/baseball/GamboDB.zip

I've got it installed on my machine at Desktop/GamboDB folder.

This path can differ from OS install to OS install. Putting it here did not fix the issue. It mentions changing the directory in the league options; can you tell us what the full path you have in the league options for the database is?
Old 08-02-2009, 09:03 AM   #50
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
This path can differ from OS install to OS install. Putting it here did not fix the issue. It mentions changing the directory in the league options; can you tell us what the full path you have in the league options for the database is?

C:\Users\Omnivore\Desktop\GamboDB