Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-22-2007, 08:34 PM   #401
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I don't mean this in a derogitory way, but there is a large Indian population in this country

I think a lot of people also feel bad for him. His voice isn't awful.

The guys who got kicked off tonight were bad. And the guy who went 1st the other night had one of the worst performances I've ever seen.

Last edited by Logan : 02-22-2007 at 08:35 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:48 PM   #402
Danny
Head Coach

PM received, thanks Mustang

Last edited by Danny : 02-22-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:08 PM   #403
Buccaneer
Head Coach

What was the boys/girls split?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:45 AM   #404
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Looks like Antonella is going to be as hard to get rid of as Mikaylah was, too. Ugh. I totally get the support Sanjaya receives. In some ways, he's this year's John Stevens - too young, way over his head, nice guy, the grandma's love him. And, he's got the Indian community to possibly support him as well.

But Antonella? Come on! I know she's got a nice body and got a ton of air time, but how could that air time have been a positive for her? She came off as a bitch with her best friend, they made them look like they did nothing but screw off and it partially cost a well-liked contestant her chance to go through, then they got into it with her after the performance, and she just generally comes off as a snobby bitch. What's the catch? She's not that good looking to overcome her personality. I just don't get it.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-23-2007 at 06:45 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:02 AM   #405
TRO
College Prospect

VoteForTheWorst is why Ksyrup. They saved her and Sundance.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:02 AM   #406
Ksyrup

Any thoughts about the guest judges?

Diana Ross
Jon Bon Jovi
Jennifer Lopez
Gwen Stefani
Tony Bennett
Martina McBride
Lu Lu and Peter Noone (British Invasion night)
Barry Gibb

Supposedly, there's going to be a major announcement next week about the show, and given that they didn't specifically mention the Beatles Week, I'm still holding out hope that McCartney and/or Ringo will be appearing. Given Heather Mills' upcoming appearance on Dancing With the Stars, maybe Sir Paul feels the need to up the publicity ante...?

And Fantasia in the Color Purple...um, I saw 15 minutes of her acting debut - playing herself in the story of her life - and she didn't come off as believable playing herself. This has the potential to bomb big-time.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 02-23-2007, 08:13 AM   #407
wade moore
lolzcat

Those are guest judges, not themes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:23 AM   #408
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Those are guest judges, not themes?

Typically, they are both - although in some circumstances, the guest judge represents a genre instead of that particular artist's work. IIRC, they don't always "judge" but certainly spend the week with the remaining contestants to assist them with their songs for that week.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-23-2007 at 08:23 AM.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:26 AM   #409
Ksyrup

A friend of mine deciphered what each guest/week is going to be:

Diana Ross - Leave Your Band Week
Bon Jovi - Used to Rock, Now We're Bryan Adams Week
J Lo - Mediocrity Week
Gwen Stefani - Reinvent Yourself Week, otherwise known as "We Can't Get Madonna Week"
Tony Bennett - Old Guy Trying to be Relevant Week
Martina McBride - Redneck Week
Peter Noone - I'm Still Alive Week
Barry Gibb - Sucky Disco Week
Old 02-23-2007, 08:28 AM   #410
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Typically, they are both - although in some circumstances, the guest judge represents a genre instead of that particular artist's work. IIRC, they don't always "judge" but certainly spend the week with the remaining contestants to assist them with their songs for that week.

That's what I mean I guess... I thought that during the audience voting stage, these folks were rarely judges - but rather themes and worked with the contestants during the week...

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 02-23-2007, 08:28 AM   #411
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
A friend of mine deciphered what each guest/week is going to be:

Diana Ross - Leave Your Band Week
Bon Jovi - Used to Rock, Now We're Bryan Adams Week
J Lo - Mediocrity Week
Gwen Stefani - Reinvent Yourself Week, otherwise known as "We Can't Get Madonna Week"
Tony Bennett - Old Guy Trying to be Relevant Week
Martina McBride - Redneck Week
Peter Noone - I'm Still Alive Week
Barry Gibb - Sucky Disco Week

I'm not getting seriously offended, but I will mention that Martina McBridge has one of the best female voices going right now, regardless of genre...

Quote:
Old 02-23-2007, 08:36 AM   #412
Ksyrup

I can't stop laughing because it's true...someone on another board remarked that with her extra 20 pounds, Fantasia now looks like a tall Chris Tucker in drag. LOL!

I think the comment about McBride was less about her specifically, and more about the country audience they intend to draw.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:40 AM   #413
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
I can't stop laughing because it's true...someone on another board remarked that with her extra 20 pounds, Fantasia now looks like a tall Chris Tucker in drag. LOL!

I think the comment about McBride was less about her specifically, and more about the country audience they intend to draw.

I know, I realize it was a joke that's why I was saying I wasn't offended...

As a country music fan, I'm used to taking shots... but i also wanted to take the chance to mention her talent...

Certainly a FAR better pull than plastic-man Kenny Rogers who really does not represent what current Country music is.

Quote:
Old 02-23-2007, 08:46 AM   #414
Ksyrup

I actually commend them for getting several people who are relevant. Even without Stefani, McBride, and J-Lo, by past years' standards, Bon Jovi would have been considered "fresh" in comparison. I guess there's always going to be a disco week and a crooner's week, but there's no reason for both Gibb AND Ross. And, if Peter Noone/British Invasion is a separate week from Beatles week - which I bet it is - we probably could have done without that, as well. At least the Dionne Warwick/Rod Stewart/Barry Manilow types are at a minimum this year. I was seriously expecting Billy Joel, too. Oh well.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:03 AM   #415
Thomkal
Head Coach

Ugh, none of the four I thought deserved to be sent home went home. The good news is that for two of the four that went home, they really had no shot of winning-Amy and Paul. The other two Rudy and Nicole (I guess America doesn't listen to Paula) were going to have to work hard to be considered a front-runner, but deserved to stay based on their performances this week. Especially bummed about Rudy who I thought had one of the top men voices (not that that's saying much), and could have been a real surprise had he stayed in the competition.

To be subjected to Antonella, Alaina, Sundance, and Sanjaya again just turns my stomach.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:03 AM   #416
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
I actually commend them for getting several people who are relevant. Even without Stefani, McBride, and J-Lo, by past years' standards, Bon Jovi would have been considered "fresh" in comparison. I guess there's always going to be a disco week and a crooner's week, but there's no reason for both Gibb AND Ross. And, if Peter Noone/British Invasion is a separate week from Beatles week - which I bet it is - we probably could have done without that, as well. At least the Dionne Warwick/Rod Stewart/Barry Manilow types are at a minimum this year. I was seriously expecting Billy Joel, too. Oh well.

Yes all around. They seem to be more able to pull better names this year.

Quote:
Old 02-23-2007, 09:08 AM   #417
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Ugh, none of the four I thought deserved to be sent home went home. The good news is that for two of the four that went home, they really had no shot of winning-Amy and Paul. The other two Rudy and Nicole (I guess America doesn't listen to Paula) were going to have to work hard to be considered a front-runner, but deserved to stay based on their performances this week. Especially bummed about Rudy who I thought had one of the top men voices (not that that's saying much), and could have been a real surprise had he stayed in the competition.

To be subjected to Antonella, Alaina, Sundance, and Sanjaya again just turns my stomach.

No offense when I say this, but I think you're out of your friggin mind. Rudy's performance was disgusting.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:11 AM   #418
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I probably shouldn't be, but I'm shocked Antonella didn't get sent home. Yes, she is pretty, but her personality and singing both sucked. I think Nicole came off a bit conceited (with the little brush off thing she did in her intro as well as some of her comments) but despite Antonella's looks, I would have rathered her go home than Amy.

As far as the guys, I can see why Sanjaya was saved, but I'm still surprised that he is in the top 4. Of course, if one believes his ethnicity had something to do with him being saved, one would wonder why Paul Kim wasn't also saved. I'm really hoping the big announcement is that they are going to go to 8 girls and 4 boys.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:15 AM   #419
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I'm really hoping the big announcement is that they are going to go to 8 girls and 4 boys.

I tend to doubt it. I'm still betting on a Beatles-related announcement, especially since they didn't even mention it last night when they had the opportunity. Just the idea that Beatles songs can be used is big news, much less than a Beatle might be involved with the show.

Plus, I'm fairly certain the news about a "big announcement" pre-dated this week's performances, so I don't know that there was a huge groundswell for change before Tuesday. But maybe they already knew what we saw firsthand that night - who knows.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:17 AM   #420
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
No offense when I say this, but I think you're out of your friggin mind. Rudy's performance was disgusting.

None taken.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:18 AM   #421
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I probably shouldn't be, but I'm shocked Antonella didn't get sent home. Yes, she is pretty, but her personality and singing both sucked. I think Nicole came off a bit conceited (with the little brush off thing she did in her intro as well as some of her comments) but despite Antonella's looks, I would have rathered her go home than Amy.

As far as the guys, I can see why Sanjaya was saved, but I'm still surprised that he is in the top 4. Of course, if one believes his ethnicity had something to do with him being saved, one would wonder why Paul Kim wasn't also saved. I'm really hoping the big announcement is that they are going to go to 8 girls and 4 boys.

And not only was Antonella's performance bad, but that was the worst she has looked on the show as well.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:29 AM   #422
Ksyrup

It must be a Northeast thing. That, or her dad threatened to make people disappear if she didn't make it through.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:34 AM   #423
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
It must be a Northeast thing. That, or her dad threatened to make people disappear if she didn't make it through.

I used to live in the same town as her and I think she is annoying and not all that attractive.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:39 AM   #424
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I used to live in the same town as her and I think she is annoying and not all that attractive.

It's funny...you keep seeing other Idol contestants...when they progress, there's all this support around their town, big gatherings to watch, Idol comes to interview and televise all this...if (somehow) Antonella made a decent run in this, or even if she had the talent to win the whole thing, no one in Pt. Pleasant would give a shit. I guarantee the amount of votes she got in this area was limited to her family and her close friends. Maybe some teachers. There's no way the guys she bangs are gonna be calling in.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:55 AM   #425
Ksyrup

Chris Tucker or Fantasia? YOU DECIDE!

Old 02-25-2007, 04:21 PM   #426
Logan
Head Coach

In case anyone's interested, the previously-seen Antonella Barba pictures are nothing compared to what's out now.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:29 PM   #427
MJ4H
Coordinator

If all the pictures I just saw are of her, then where on earth did that pair come from (in the wet shirt photos). They didn't appear to be quite so healthy in the gobble gobble photos.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 04:35 PM   #428
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman View Post
If all the pictures I just saw are of her, then where on earth did that pair come from (in the wet shirt photos). They didn't appear to be quite so healthy in the gobble gobble photos.

I was wondering the same.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:55 PM   #429
JeeberD
General Manager

Supposedly she got a pair of bolt-ons not long before she went on AI...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:51 PM   #430
Easy Mac

why couldn't we have this scandal with Katherine McPhee?
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:08 AM   #431
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

*L* I just loooooooove the Idols boards. Was just curious what Antonella's 'fans' were saying. Some snippets -

'This is all so horrible....I mean, have we all forgotten what happened to Princess Diana! Everybody just needs to back off...or there could be another tragedy!'

'People is a trashy Tabliod, what will they report on next the wolfman or UFOs' (in reference to people magazine)

'Antonella is a star in the making!!! Soon she will be on the front cover of People. She is an awesome human being!!!'

And that was just 1 page of 1 thread... good stuff.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:51 AM   #432
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

All this Antonella stuff made me think back to Wade insisting she is not my type.. Wade.. you forgot one of the most important Doug stereotype criteria..

Old 02-26-2007, 09:22 AM   #433
Ksyrup

I have purposely stayed away from the Antonella picks, but if what I've read on MJ's blog is true, I find it hard to believe she'll still be around. The first set of picks is just her joking around with friends, then there's a second set of her posing in a Maxim mag-style (at least what I read it being described as)...and then there's a third set of her purportedly giving a BJ!!!??? Wow. If that's really her, she's got to be booted, huh?
Old 02-26-2007, 09:30 AM   #434
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
I have purposely stayed away from the Antonella picks, but if what I've read on MJ's blog is true, I find it hard to believe she'll still be around. The first set of picks is just her joking around with friends, then there's a second set of her posing in a Maxim mag-style (at least what I read it being described as)...and then there's a third set of her purportedly giving a BJ!!!??? Wow. If that's really her, she's got to be booted, huh?

I haven't seen the BJ photo, but the others are pretty damning for Idol standards I think... Wet T-Shirt posing where you can clearly see the goods...

That combined with her not being that good...

Quote:
Old 02-26-2007, 09:34 AM   #435
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I've seen the BJ photos, and I'm not 100% sure that it's her, but it could be. I haven't seen the wet t-shirt pics at all.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:57 AM   #436
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I've seen the BJ photos, and I'm not 100% sure that it's her, but it could be. I haven't seen the wet t-shirt pics at all.

It's worth the trip to Google.

Old 02-26-2007, 03:44 PM   #437
Ksyrup

Pickles is going to sing a new song on Thursday, and Carrie Underwood will sing on the March 8th show. And the new "BUH-bye" song is called Home and is from Daughtry's new album. AI is kicking up the self-promotion big-time. Speaking of which...

The folks at American Idol continue to expand the brand, and their influence to other ventures. Last week, came the announcement that Freemantle and 19 Entertainment would open an Idol Camp for teens and pre-teens.

According to the press release, Idol Camp will be “the first performing arts summer camp for kids between the ages of 12-15 based on the nation’s most watched television show and #1 talent search. Born out of the desire to foster passion and creativity in young teens, Idol Camp will be a fun-filled and non-competitive training ground for America’s future stars.”

Interestingly, the camp is not competitive:
“We want to honor a diverse cross-section of educational backgrounds and opportunities and provide a valuable experience to kids displaying a passionate motivation to learn and grow within themselves through the performing arts,” said Keith Hindle, Executive Vice President, FremantleMedia Licensing Worldwide, North America. “As in American Idol, the goal for our kids is to soar beyond their expectations; however, because Idol Camp is not a competition, every kid goes home a winner.”
Old 02-26-2007, 08:21 PM   #438
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post

i couldn't agree more.
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:37 PM   #439
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

or Mandesa
Old 02-27-2007, 08:38 AM   #440
Ksyrup

FYI, boys tonight, girls tomorrow, both shows 90 minutes.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:31 AM   #441
miked
College Starter

Man, here I am at work scared to click on those google image links but needing to see the pics...
Old 02-27-2007, 11:42 AM   #442
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Man, here I am at work scared to click on those google image links but needing to see the pics...

the wet t shirt ones are worth a trip
Old 02-27-2007, 11:42 AM   #443
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- probabaly NSFW
Old 02-27-2007, 11:45 AM   #444
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post

Discretion is the better part of valor, or something like that. Seriously, they're NSFW...
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:36 PM   #445
Ksyrup

Some interesting news from MJ, again. No spoilers, just news:

Tonight, the boys are back. After the girls threw down the gauntlet last Wednesday, we’ll see if the guys are up to the challenge. In the meantime, I’ve got some Season 6 contestant news. Just for you.
Lucky me. A couple of weeks ago, a band member from Chris Sligh’s band Half Past Forever sent me a promo copy of their new album “Take a Chance on Something Beautiful” The album will be available for download tomorrow at Chris Sligh store.com. The CD is currently available for pre-order at Amazon, and will be released March 8. You can watch the band’s video for “Know” (my favorite tune on the CD) here.
I’ll be posting a review of the CD very soon. But, I will say this–if infectious, hook-laden guitar-driven pop/rock is your thing, definitely check the CD out. And Chris’s lead vocals are outstanding. So yeah, more on the new CD later.
It looks like Antonella Barba will remain a contestant on American Idol, despite the series of racy pics that appeared on the internet this past week. I would say, no news from TPTB is good news. Here’s what Antonella’s friend Amanda Coluccio had to say about the pictures:
Barba’s best friend, Amanda Coluccio of Holmdel, with whom she auditioned and won a trip to Hollywood for the second round before being eliminated, told The Star-Ledger of Newark that the less graphic photos are of Barba, but denied she is pictured in the pornographic ones.
“The really bad ones aren’t her. I’ve studied them,” Coluccio told The Star-Ledger for Monday’s newspapers. “It’s not her nose. She’s never had (acrylic nail) tips (like the woman in the photo) in her life. She’s the least slutty person I know.”
Eliminated Top 40 contestant Matthew Buckstein devised a clever plan to extend his 15 minutes of fame, and perhaps jump start his career. He called his scheme “The Lost Idol”–competing along with the rest of the Top 24 from a karaoke bar in Denver. But, surprise, surprise! The bar that was hosting Matt’s performances got a phone call and a “Cease and Desist” letter from the legal folks at Idol. You can read about Matthew’s saga at Reality TV Magazine:
I won’t go into it too deep because that would be a violation of agreements I’ve made with them. Basically they fear that what I am doing is too closely related to their show and that I might be stealing their intellectual property.
It was never my intention to do them harm; in fact, quite the contrary. I want to promote the show. I want people to watch it.
I hear you my brothah! Those legal peeps wouldn’t happen to be from this firm would they? *whistles and walks away* Just askin’!
Matthew will continue with the “Lost Idol” concept, but will have to lose the name “Idol”.
The concept of what I’m doing will remain the same. However, I claim no present or future connection with AI…I’m currently deciding between “The Lost Country Singer” and “The Lost Icon”…I’ll still put up performance videos on Tuesday nights and I’ll still allow people to show their support through comments on my myspace page and by clicking a vote counter. I’ll still have a results show in the days that follow my performance video.
Good Luck Matthew! Don’t let the 800 pound gorilla get you down…
For more about Matthew’s quest as the “Lost Idol” check out his My Space.
Lastly, check out some pre-Idol music by Top 24 contestant’s Brandon Rogers here and Blake Lewis here. Those boys can sang, peeps.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:38 PM   #446
Ksyrup

You know, that Chris Sligh song ain't half bad. It's definitely right up my alley style-wise.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:53 PM   #447
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
She’s the least slutty person I know.

I really wish someone would say that about me.

Last edited by Drake : 02-27-2007 at 12:54 PM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:58 PM   #448
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
You know, that Chris Sligh song ain't half bad. It's definitely right up my alley style-wise.

More cuts and better sound quality at: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=44800559
Old 02-27-2007, 01:22 PM   #449
sabotai
General Manager

Least slutty does not equal prude. Someone could be the least slutty person you know, and still be a fuckin' whore. Plus, she's from Pleasentville. That don't help her credibility.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:03 PM   #450
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3kt6kASppmk

I've watched that clip 356 times.