Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-26-2009, 07:26 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL: Bowl Week 2 Has Begun! Deadline is 7/1/09 at 10 PM.

8 teams play this week including a human matchup of Mississippi State vs NC State.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:07 PM   #2
cmp
Pro Rookie

I'm not going to be able to play. You can set me on autopilot. I'm out in Connecticut until July 6th for work and don't have an Xbox.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:54 AM   #3
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post
I'm not going to be able to play. You can set me on autopilot. I'm out in Connecticut until July 6th for work and don't have an Xbox.

Shame we won't be able to play head to head. Not to worry I usually lose to good AI teams so we will see what happens.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:55 AM   #4
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'll set cmp to autopilot in a few minutes.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:50 PM   #5
Ironhead
College Prospect

BC takes care of Pittsburgh by a final of 41-10 to win the Orange Bowl to cap a nice 13-1 season.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #6
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Florida 76, Texas A&M 21

Stephens wins Heisman...then gets hurt on first play from scrimmage. Comes back in the 3rd, gets hurt again before quarter ends.

QBs combine for 5 INTs. Some hilarious passes in this one. For the guys that played me, you know without Stephens, I have no offense. I couldn't pass at all..man I'm wishing I landed that QB prospect now.

Down 30 in the 3rd, I go for every 4th down (which explains odd score).

I officially hate this game. Why my DE would ALWAYS run away from a ball carrier on outside runs is beyond me. I full feel the frustration kc had in our matchup in this one.

I know I shouldn't get pissed and get beat by even more, but I don't really care.

Basically comes down to this. I have no speed on this team and don't do well against teams with tremendous speed...and it doesn't help when you get some really BAD pursuit angles
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:34 PM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to extend the deadline 1 day since there are still 2 teams that usually get their stuff done on time that haven't played yet. Waiting on Oregon State and Kentucky to finish their seasons.

Also, how many people are interested in trying to get another season in?
Old 07-01-2009, 10:48 PM   #8
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Crap ... don't think I've played have I? Busy week. Let me jump on and see if I can get my game in.

edit: Er, I'm crazy. Long week. How could I forget winning on the blue turf?

I'm fine trying to get another season in if everybody else is game.

Last edited by kcchief19 : 07-01-2009 at 10:53 PM.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:18 AM   #9
bhlloy
Coordinator

Sorry guys, I'm so crazy busy that I haven't had a chance to check all week. I can probably get it in tomorrow, but I don't mind if we advance on time either. I can't get it in now because I have to pick my wife up from LAX at 11:15...

I'd like to try and get another season in, but we'll really have to go short with the deadlines. We have maybe a month and a half?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:08 AM   #10
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Wow guys. Big apologies. I thought I played in Bowl Week 3. I guess I didn't put it together that 8 teams playing should mean that I'm one of the teams. Grrrr...sorry. I went to the schedule in the game and on my screen it goes straight from Bowl Week 1 to Bowl Week 3. Weird. Is this how it's always been? Or is mine different because I didn't download anything from bowl week 1?

Again, sorry about the delay. I'm usually on top of these things. Argh. Well, I work 12 hours tomorrow but I will get my game in as soon as I get home, which should be around 9 PM EST and I will post here right after that and we'll be good to advance. Should be right around the 10 PM (new) deadline. Again, my bad, and I'll get it back next season.

If everyone wants to, I think we should definitely do another season. Maybe 4 day deadlines and no recruiting? Everyone will need to be on board, too. I don't think any of us want to do a league with only 6 people.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:42 AM   #11
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'd be game for another season. I hope our commish is as well.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:54 PM   #12
WVUFAN
College Starter

I'm all for another season.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:14 PM   #13
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Well...I'm in for another season, but only if we don't do shorter deadlines. My interest in NCAA 09 has been wavering for about a month or so now, and it sounds to me like there will be little to no interest in having an NCAA 10 league here.

So, the verdict for me is, if we all agree on staying on a 5 day advance, then count me in.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:32 PM   #14
bhlloy
Coordinator

Well, that's fine unless EA decide to pull the plug on the 09 servers shortly after 10 release, which I understand is likely, no? I was thinking 3 days would be the absolutely max to get a season in under those circumstances, but I may be wrong...
Old 07-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #15
bhlloy
Coordinator

Hey, sorry guys I'm not going to be able to play this evening. Still at work and have plans later. Hopefully KingNeb gets his game in so the extra day isn't a complete waste.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #16
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I'm done with my game & ready to advance. More info on the game to follow...
Old 07-02-2009, 09:13 PM   #17
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Thanks for waiting the extra day...this game was worth it.

Kentucky faced down the very talented USC squad in the Sugar Bowl. I figured there would be over 100 total points scored in this game...my guess wasn't even close.

The opening six plays were the most entertaining and exciting opening six plays in college football history. USC won the toss and elected to receive.

Play 1: Kentucky kicks off and USC returns it to their 40.
Play 2: USC QB Mitch Mustain drops back and throws a fade route that gets returned for a pick-six! Kentucky quickly up 7-0!
Play 3: Kentucky kicks off and USC returns it to their 33.
Play 4: USC's RB Hardy (who tore me up) gets the ball in the open and after a 20-yard play he fumbles. Or so we thought. The play gets reviewed and overturned and USC retains possession.
Play 5: USC scores on a 50 yard TD pass where the USC player broke 3 tackles (this would be a theme for the day). Game tied 7-7.
Play 6: Kentucky's former All-American Ross returns the kickoff 90 yards for a TD! Kentucky leads 14-7.

I won't play-by-play the rest of the game, but man...this game started with a bang. The opening quarter went back and forth with neither defense forcing a punt. The only stops in the entire first half were on interceptions. Kentucky led 35-28 after the first quarter. I wish we could have held them to 2 broken tackles on every play instead of 3 to 5. USC's players are beasts. They also played great over-the-top defense. I tried to go deep twice in the first half and twice I was picked off. It was really tough to play without a deep passing game.

Second quarter is more of the same, lots of offense and great play my kick returner Ross. He gets kickoff return TD's 2 and 3 in the second quarter but we again cannot stop the USC offense and we lead 56-49 at halftime.

I really slow things down in the 2nd half by actually getting some stops on defense (2 punts in the game by USC? Sweet!) Zone defense seemed to at least slow them down a little. My other kick returner Haynes got on the board by returning TWO (!!!) kickoffs for TD's. That was 5 kick return TD's for the game. Ridiculous. I think I had 4 total in the entire season. USC's kickoff coverage was surprisingly terrible. I also had two pick-sixes in the game which helped a lot when their offense was unstoppable.

I scored a TD early in the 4th to go up by 3 TD's. They of course responded with a quick TD to cut it to 2 TD's. We traded a few scores with me making a ridiculous pass under a blitz. My QB missed his target by 10 yards and it was picked. This ruined my chance at totally demoralizing the Trojans. We scored on 4th down late in the 4th and got the 2 to make the score 92-70. We tried to get the ball back to get to 100, but my CB dropped a certain pick-six with 20 seconds left.

Kentucky wins the Sugar Bowl 92-70 over USC. As an Ohio State fan playing against USC, I wanted to run up the score on them really badly...but I didn't want them to score 70 points. At least I came away with a win. I got a little greedy in the 4th quarter trying to get to 100 and they really made me pay.

USC is scary good. I don't think I win this game without 7 non-offensive TD's (2 on INT's and 5 on kick returns). The first half of this game was definitely the most fun I've had playing against the AI on NCAA 09. On the other hand, this game shows everything that is wrong with the game. Hopefully future versions continue to improve (though probably not this year's).

We ended with a top 5 finish and our only loss was to future national champion Stanford. Pretty good season
Old 07-02-2009, 11:30 PM   #18
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
I'd be game for another season. I hope our commish is as well.

I'm still in if the general consensus is a 4 or 5 day week and we just get as far as possible. A 3 day or shorter week is just not going to work with my schedule right now.

I do think we should cut the early off-season stages down to 2 days and consider 1 day for the later stages or just automate recruiting completely.