Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-04-2009, 01:54 AM   #51
Danny
Head Coach

I will play with 3 additional characters to make the cap of 24. I imagine you will want to put all four of my players on the same side so the game isn't too short

Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:58 AM   #52
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I will play with 3 additional characters to make the cap of 24. I imagine you will want to put all four of my players on the same side so the game isn't too short

I can see it now. Danny is the only wolf and must be voted out 4 times in order to lose.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:02 AM   #53
Danny
Head Coach

I will vote myself to have a strong voting record and gain trust for future days.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:29 AM   #54
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Unvote Danny 2
Vote Danny 1
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:10 AM   #55
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I will vote myself to have a strong voting record and gain trust for future days.

Self-voting usually results in a negative backlash.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #56
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Self-voting usually results in a negative backlash.

But what if he self votes and provides reasoning on why he thinks he is the best choice?
Old 06-04-2009, 12:18 PM   #57
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, he would know he is a wolf so he should be able to provide some good reasons.

But would that earn him (as a known wolf) trust the following day? My gut says "no way" based on my efforts as a known wolf in previous games.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #58
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I wish this game had started, im uber bored! and i could be racking up the posts today!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:40 PM   #59
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
I wish this game had started, im uber bored! and i could be racking up the posts today!

I could send roles out, but Thursday-Monday seems like an awful long day 1.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #60
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

that would make me happy, but not be a good idea, especially since people signed up to play next week

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 01:09 PM   #61
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah - waiting till next week is fine. people are signed up and expecting that, and a lil breather isn't a bad thing. maybe send out roles on sunday day and have sunday-monday night be D1?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:11 PM   #62
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'm actually bored too. I just bought Fallout 3 and am playing that, but it seems so much like Oblivion that it's kind of boring.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:23 PM   #63
Tyrith
College Starter

I got Team Fortress 2 on Monday, and wooooow is it amazing.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #64
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Do you people realize how many times I would switch my vote if Day 1 lasted that long? Good thing I'll be gone all weekend, but still -- the very idea!
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #65
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Do you people realize how many times I would switch my vote if Day 1 lasted that long? Good thing I'll be gone all weekend, but still -- the very idea!

I got four Dannys signed up so as long as you keep your vote on one of those four you can switch as often as you like and you will still look good.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:10 PM   #66
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I got four Dannys signed up so as long as you keep your vote on one of those four you can switch as often as you like and you will still look good.

Woot, lets get this thing going!
Old 06-04-2009, 11:41 PM   #67
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm throwing this out there before I get lynch voted, there will be some days where the actions may be posted later than the deadline. These will be on the days I work and are not set in stone they will be late. If I am on station I will post them at the right time, if not they will be posted whenever I get back on station. For week 1 those days will be:

Tuesday
Friday

Week Two:

Monday
Thursday

Week Three(if need be):

Wednesday
Old 06-05-2009, 06:45 AM   #68
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

oh wow! just noticed 11 pm est....... Im gonna toss out now, that I will never be on at deadline.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-05-2009, 09:21 AM   #69
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

I'll miss any Sunday and/or Monday night deadlines, for that matter.
USFLTecmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:57 AM   #70
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Actually, upon further review of my life next week, I probably shouldn't play. My bad!

Last edited by jeheinz72 : 06-05-2009 at 11:08 AM.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:00 AM   #71
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

8:00 PM deadline is great for me, I'll be online unless I am feeding my sex addiction or something.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:24 AM   #72
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

poker not working? so you had to go into male prostitution? a shame.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-05-2009, 11:46 AM   #73
Schmidty
Coordinator

8 p.m. deadline my time is awesome!!
Old 06-05-2009, 03:06 PM   #74
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
oh wow! just noticed 11 pm est....... Im gonna toss out now, that I will never be on at deadline.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you are still interested in playing but I have to go with deadlines that give me the best chance of being on station while I am at work so those are not late if it can be avoided.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:31 AM   #75
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Two weeks. Two long and terrifying weeks. It has been two weeks since King Dubb93 was murdered. King Dubb93 was murdered by the most evil being in the history of Metou, The Dark One. After weeks of prayer vigils and political debates today is the day we crown a new king. At the end of the day Metou will once again have a ruler to lead it's people forward. May you choose very carefully.

Day one has begun.

King Election deadline 7pm est Monday

Lynch vote deadline 11pm est Monday

Night one actions due by 10am Tuesday

Roles are being sent out. Please do not post in thread until I post the all clear that I have sent out every role.

Vanilla villagers will receive a one word PM that states the following:

Quote:
Villager

Last edited by dubb93 : 06-09-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:27 AM   #76
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Every player should have their role.

Last edited by dubb93 : 06-09-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:55 AM   #77
Danny
Head Coach

Lets get this rockin!

Vote Dubb (for last game)
Old 06-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #78
Barkeep49
Coordinator

It seems no one would have any extra info that would really help us with the king vote, so I'm going to throw my random vote out there:

Elect Schmidty as King
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:33 AM   #79
hoopsguy
General Manager

So arriving to one single, solitary PM pretty much told me what I needed to know - I'm a villager.

Which is cool - it has been a couple of games since I had a bare-bones, vanilla village role.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:40 PM   #80
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
It seems no one would have any extra info that would really help us with the king vote, so I'm going to throw my random vote out there:

Elect Schmidty as King

I'm useless, but I appreciate your support.

Elect Schmidty as King

I look forward to a long, prosperous and peaceful rule.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #81
hoopsguy
General Manager

Schmidty, have you read what the king does? Semi-serious question.

Quote:
The King – The King is able to change one vote during his tenure. Each elected king has this power. The king may not change a lynch vote if he is the lynch target. The king is also in charge of Woebegone Prison. The king may each night if he/she chooses decide the fate a prisoner. The king is able to free a prisoner or execute a prisoner if he/she chooses to do so each night. The king breaks all tie votes. The king may not be jailed or scanned by the seer. All decisions regarding prisoners must be done in public and in bold so that discussion may follow. These decisions are to be done during the night phase and are limited to no more than one prisoner per night. The king may elect to leave the prisoners as is and not free or execute any prisoner during any night phase if he/she so chooses.

More importantly, will you have the availability/interest in fulfilling the king duties each and every day you are in the position?
Old 06-07-2009, 12:54 PM   #82
Danny
Head Coach

I think Hoops makes an important point. I'm really glad you are playing Schmidty, but the King is a huge role and we need to know you will be able to make the time investment if you're elected. At this point, I'd be inclined with someone who is generally pretty active and available a fair amount.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:22 PM   #83
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I agree, no offense to Schmidty but he just isn't as active early on as someone who is the King should be.

Another thing is BK knows this, so why support him?
Old 06-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #84
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Question for Dubb and if this was answered I apologize.

Do we lynch and jail someone each day or is it one or the other?
Old 06-07-2009, 01:24 PM   #85
hoopsguy
General Manager

Don't get me wrong - I'm 100% fine with considering Schmidty if he says that he will make the investment to run the role well. But I know big games + schedule have caused him some challenges in the past, by his own admission.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:25 PM   #86
Schmidty
Coordinator

Wow.

Ouch guys. I guess I have a reputation. Maybe I should just bow out. That actually hurts my feelings quite a bit. If I were elected King, I'd do what I need to do. I only work 1 day this week - Tuesday.

But hey, we all know I suck and have a bad recent history, so do what you want to do. I miss being active, but if people think I'm better off just being a useless villager, so be it.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #87
Schmidty
Coordinator

Dola.

I really want this.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:32 PM   #88
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Schmidty, your feeling shouldn't be hurt. No one said the way you play is poor, we just said you aren't always as active. How many times in a game have you come in 5 minutes before the deadline and said something along the lines of "I don't have time to read the last 8 pages, can someone tell me who to vote for?"

It's not a knock on you, you have a busy life and don't have as much time to dedicate as others, and there is nothing wrong with that. I can't speak for others but I certainly didn't mean my comments as an attack against you.

Not that we know you have more ability I am willing to consider you for the role but I have to ask, why do you want it so bad?
Old 06-07-2009, 01:33 PM   #89
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- FWIW I also wouldn't nominate CR for this role because of his schedule.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:39 PM   #90
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Not that we know you have more ability I am willing to consider you for the role but I have to ask, why do you want it so bad?

Because I'm tired of being invisible. I want to actually make a difference in a game again. I have the time this week, so I'll have time to redeem myself, or at least try to.

I just don't think that as a powerless villager, I'd have a chance to add to the game. As the King, I would be more focused and motivated. I want to help and to win for once.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:53 PM   #91
hoopsguy
General Manager

Good to hear, Schmidty. I'll be excited to see you engaged and active this week.

I would also add that "powerless villagers" end up making a difference all the time. I'm hoping to do so this game.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:03 PM   #92
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Schmidty, your feeling shouldn't be hurt. No one said the way you play is poor, we just said you aren't always as active. How many times in a game have you come in 5 minutes before the deadline and said something along the lines of "I don't have time to read the last 8 pages, can someone tell me who to vote for?"

It's not a knock on you, you have a busy life and don't have as much time to dedicate as others, and there is nothing wrong with that. I can't speak for others but I certainly didn't mean my comments as an attack against you.

This is where I was coming from in my comment as well. I am glad you have more time to play this week
Old 06-07-2009, 02:04 PM   #93
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Question for Dubb and if this was answered I apologize.

Do we lynch and jail someone each day or is it one or the other?

It is one or the other. You will vote to either jail a player or lynch them. Please note that jail and lynch votes do not stack so a player with 3 lynch votes and 4 jail votes would not has as many votes as a player with 5 jail votes.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:06 PM   #94
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
It is one or the other. You will vote to either jail a player or lynch them. Please note that jail and lynch votes do not stack so a player with 3 lynch votes and 4 jail votes would not has as many votes as a player with 5 jail votes.

so if Player A has 4 lynch vote ansd 3 jail votes and player B has 3 lynch votes and 7 jail votes the end result would be player B goes to jail?
Old 06-07-2009, 02:08 PM   #95
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
so if Player A has 4 lynch vote ansd 3 jail votes and player B has 3 lynch votes and 7 jail votes the end result would be player B goes to jail?

Unless he has a get out of jail free card. And remember, either way he does not collect $200 dollars if he passes go.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #96
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Villager.

Lathum hurt my feelings. Okay, maybe not.

I wouldn't want the King role. Too much publicity. I tend to think Kings won't last long in this game, especially if the Dark One doesn't get elected.

dubb, are we required to elect a King today?

If we can hold off on voting in a king, the seer might be able to scan the op candidate. Wouldn't prevent the Dark One being King, and I suppose the cultist role would still read as villager (unfortunately), but other than that, we would probably have a decently cleared player to start the game, and in a critical role.

I actually have another idea about how to handle this that would take 2-3 days to do. It's a completely villager option, but to say it now might lead to tinkerings from people we wouldn't want having a say. So I will keep it to myself now, and put it out there when the time seems right.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:10 PM   #97
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

'op' would be 'top'.

You guys probably figured that out.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:12 PM   #98
The Jackal
Coordinator

I was trying to figure out what op stood for, unfortunately.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:12 PM   #99
The Jackal
Coordinator

And in response CR - "The king is a public role. On day one the players will elect a new king. If the king is killed a new election will be held. The election will be over four hours prior to voting deadline and the new king will assume his duty at that point. The king MAY be ANY player in the game regardless of private role and/or light/dark aura. A king must elected by the majority of voters in order to take the crown. A tie vote results in no king being elected. A failure to elect a king will result in extremely dire consequences for the village."

It looks like we need to get a King today or we're in some sort of unnamed trouble.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:13 PM   #100
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The king is a public role. On day one the players will elect a new king. If the king is killed a new election will be held. The election will be over four hours prior to voting deadline and the new king will assume his duty at that point. The king MAY be ANY player in the game regardless of private role and/or light/dark aura. A king must elected by the majority of voters in order to take the crown. A tie vote results in no king being elected. A failure to elect a king will result in extremely dire consequences for the village.