Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-22-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
Barkeep49
Coordinator

WW XCV: Land of the Role Reveals GAME OVER

Sign-ups are now going on. They will go on through Tuesday with the goal of having a first deadline of Wednesday night. The idea is to have at least 12 players. I will likely cap this game at some point due to balance reasons. We're going to say 16 for now, but will attempt to rebalance to allow all who want to play to play. I am still refining the rules and will post if I make changes to them between now and the start of the game.

Sign-ups
1. DaddyTorgo Lynched Day 1
2. Schmidty
3. PurdueBrad
4. Hoopsguy
5. dubb
6. Danny
7. USFLTecmo
8. EagleFan Killed Night 1
9. Chief Rum Killed Night 3
10. Lerriuqs Lynched Day 3
11. Tyrith
12. ntn Killed Night 3
13. Martin Lynched Day 2
14. Lathum
15. Telle
16. Racer
17. saldana

Alternate:
RendeR

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 05-30-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:57 PM   #2
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Introduction

I made a decision. That decision is that there simply isn’t enough fake revealing going on in WW these days. So I decided to create a game where players will be encouraged to reveal.

Here’s how it will work. Below there is a list of roles. Some roles will be in the game, some roles will not be in the game. At any time a player may claim to be a certain role. Perhaps they’re really that role, perhaps not. If that player becomes believed they gain a set of powers. In other words there could be two seers in the game. Of course one of them might be a wolf.

So is anything else different from normal WW?

No. It's a pretty normal game. Wolves win if they have a 1:1 or greater ratio with the villagers. The villagers win if there are no wolves left. Wolves can chat amongst themselves, villagers can't. Wolves designate one wolf each night to kill a villager.

What are deadlines
We're going to run on a normal Night Day Cycle. Deadlines will be 10 PM Eastern and 7 AM Central, Monday through Friday. The Friday night deadline will extend to Noon Saturday. The next day will then begin and last through 10 PM Monday.

How does voting work?
If you want to vote for someone simply post in bold and blue your vote e.g.: Vote barkeep. You can unvote a person (done the same way as voting, but with the word unvote) and vote a different person. You may not vote for yourself.

The person with the most votes will be lynched.

Is there a no lynch option?
Only if no one votes during that day. There are some other situations, listed in the rules, where no lynch will occur.

What about with a tie?
The Duke breaks the tie. If the Duke is not able to break the tie, it will be the person who received the last vote that day.

Ok so sounds pretty normal so far. How does this believing thing work?
Players may at any time claim a role. Players can just simply say "I'm such and such". After a player has claimed a role, people may choose to believe them. People may believe up to two people a day by posting in bold and blue e.g.: Believe Barkeep as Vanilla Villager. If on any day at least 40% of people believe a person they become believed. During the day you may also disbelieve players (done the same way as believing, but with the word disbelieve). Only one person may be believed each day. If more than one person gets above 40% of the players to believe them the player with the greatest percentage of votes will be believed. If there is a tie no player will be believed.

Only one person may be believed for a role at a time. Once believed a person can't be believed for any other role, UNLESS it was not that player's starting role and the actual person with the role dies. If that happens, the player who was believed falsely loses their powers. If a player is believed for a role that is not their own they will keep their starting powers, unless otherwise specified.

Once the person with a particular role dies that role may no longer be claimed.

If a player is believed for a role on the opposite side do they join that side?
No. They still are on whichever side their starting role was on, except as noted in the rules.

Anything else?
The wolves will either know one villager role not present in the game or that all villager roles are present in the game.

It should be noted the game can be played out as a perfectly normal, vanilla, game of Werewolf.

Roles
Seer
Starting: The player may choose one person a night to scan. The player will learn if that person is a wolf or villager (except in the case of the cunning wolf).
If Believed: Will also gain the starting seer abilities, if they don't already have them. Will learn that the cunning wolf is a wolf if that person is scanned. May also once scan a believed person and learn their actual role.

False Seer
Starting: Will think they are the seer. If they scan the actual seer, it will show that person as a villager. For all other players, including the cunning wolf, there is a % chance that the person will show up as a wolf. That percentage will match the number of wolves left in the game (i.e. if there are 4 wolves left out of 10 players, there is a 40% chance a scanned player will show-up as a wolf). If this person becomes the believed seer, they will gain the powers of a believed seer, except the cunning wolf will show up as a villager, and all future scans will be accurate (except in the case of the cunning wolf), even if the actual seer dies. This role may not be claimed.

Bodyguard
Starting: May choose a person each night to protect from a wolf kill. May protect the same person only once in a three night period. Does not learn if their guarding is successful or not.
If Believed: Will also gain the starting bodyguard abilities, if they don't already have them. Will learn if they successfully guarded a person. May protect the same person two nights in a row, one time, except himself.

Duke
Starting: Breaks ties.
If Believed: Will gain the ability to change the result of the lynch one time. They may either cause a person to be lynched or cause a no-lynch.

Maniac
Starting: Once per game may kill a believed player.
If Believed: Once per game may kill any player (stacks with starting ability).

Cultist
Starting: Will know the identity of 1 starting wolf. Counts as a villager, but wins if he is alive when the wolves win. If attacked by the wolves, he will become converted and become a Vanilla Wolf (this power is lost if the Cultist is believed)
If Believed: Will have two options. If the actual cultist is believed, will PM the GM and either gain knowledge of all remaining wolves and stay the cultist or may choose to renounce the role of cultist and become a Vanilla Villager. If it is not the actual cultist who is believed will gain the knowledge of 1 wolf and have the option of gaining the other starting cultist powers (including winning with the wolves) or not.

Tough Villager
Starting: If the bodyguard is still alive, the first time the Tough Villager is attacked, that player will automatically be protected by the bodyguard. If attacked a second time, the Tough Villager will die.
If Believed: The first time this player finishes with the most votes, must have at least 50% of the remaining players' votes, otherwise there will be no lynch. After the first time, this player is lynched normally.

Vanilla Villager:
Starting: As a starting role, has no special powers or abilities.
If Believed: They will permanently lose any other powers they have, though a wolf may still communicate with the other wolves, but they may not be voted out for 3 days.

Brutal Wolf
Starting: When lynched may choose a player to kill. If no name has been given to the GM, a random villager will be killed.
If Believed: When lynched, will randomly kill a roled player on the opposite team (all wolves are presumed to be roled). If there are no villagers with roles left, two villagers will randomly be chosen to die. If the starting Brutal Wolf is believed they lose their starting power.

Vengeful Wolf
Starting: If doing the nightly kill, will kill an unbelieved bodyguard, will be able to avoid a believed bodyguard's block, and be able to kill a Believed Vengeful Wolf.
If Believed: The first time a player on the opposite team attempts to kill them, including by duking, that player will die instead. May still be lynched normally.

Cunning Wolf
Starting: Will only be revealed to any villagers (except the cultist) as a wolf when this wolf dies. This role may not be claimed.

Tough Wolf
Starting: Normal wolf powers, except if performing the night attack the bodyguard will never learn if a block is successful.
If Believed: The first time the Tough Wolf is lynched or killed the Tough Wolf will survive. If lynched or killed a second time, the Tough Wolf will die.

Vanilla Wolf:
Starting: Normal wolf powers.
If Believed: May chat with the actual cultist. The cultist will decide if this will be done directly or indirectly (through the GM).

Mystery Role: There may be up to two non-listed roles in the game and these roles may be on either side. The powers of that role will be known to that person. Just like listed roles, these roles will have starting and believed powers. It might be a previously used role (witness, lovers, etc) or a role new to this game.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 05-29-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Reserved
Old 05-22-2009, 03:01 PM   #4
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
If that player becomes believed one of two things happens. If they actually have that role, they gain some sort of bonus ability, in addition to their starting powers.

Is this bonus ability unknown? Or did I just miss it in the rules?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:04 PM   #5
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Is this bonus ability unknown? Or did I just miss it in the rules?
That's a remnant from a previous rendering of the rules. There is only starting and believed powers now. Man I wish one of the people I showed these rules to had point that out
Old 05-22-2009, 03:06 PM   #6
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

bawhaha
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:13 PM   #7
Schmidty
Coordinator

Schmidty in please.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:27 PM   #8
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I am PB...

...and I am in.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:29 PM   #9
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
That's a remnant from a previous rendering of the rules. There is only starting and believed powers now. Man I wish one of the people I showed these rules to had point that out

Was that in the earlier version? Man, those guys really should have caught it if it was
Old 05-22-2009, 03:29 PM   #10
hoopsguy
General Manager

Pretty sure I'm in - put me down for now, will update if work schedule gets too messy for next week.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #11
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I am PB...

...and I am in.

DISBELIEVE
Old 05-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #12
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

In
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:31 PM   #13
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blue font is unattractive on the dark green skin.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:32 PM   #14
Danny
Head Coach

You can put me in. What's the start date?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:32 PM   #15
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

In!
Old 05-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #16
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
You can put me in. What's the start date?
Wednesday or Thursday. Probably Wednesday.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:34 PM   #17
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm going to be busy Wed-Fri so I'm going to hold off signing up for this one, if it's needing more people I can probably make time.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:35 PM   #18
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Wednesday or Thursday. Probably Wednesday.

Ok, then I am in, since I come back from out of town Tuesday evening.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:37 PM   #19
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

In please.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:47 PM   #20
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:48 PM   #21
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

In

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:49 PM   #22
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:04 PM   #23
Tyrith
College Starter

In.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #24
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

inn
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:01 PM   #25
MartinD
High School Varsity

I would like to play.
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:05 PM   #26
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

yes please
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #27
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

So say I am the seer and I choose to portray being the maniac, if the village believes my maniac reveal does that mean I am now the seer AND I get a one time night kill?
Old 05-22-2009, 10:54 PM   #28
Telle
College Starter

I'll play.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:06 PM   #29
RendeR
Coordinator

This could be intriguing, it could also be insanely annoying, sounds like my cup o' joe. (that would make sense if I drank coffee....)

IN
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:20 PM   #30
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

wish i could. im on vacation and wont be back till may 30

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:35 PM   #31
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
wish i could. im on vacation and wont be back till may 30

Wait.

You're sad that you're on vacation because you can't play WW?

Man, this games messes with people's heads.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:06 AM   #32
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, forgot I have vacation first week in June. Have to pull out.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:41 AM   #33
Thomkal
Head Coach

I predict massive excedrin headaches from this game. Have fun.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:57 AM   #34
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Wait.

You're sad that you're on vacation because you can't play WW?

Man, this games messes with people's heads.

im always sad i cant play! ijust wish it would stop raining :P and i burned my scalp

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:10 AM   #35
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
So say I am the seer and I choose to portray being the maniac, if the village believes my maniac reveal does that mean I am now the seer AND I get a one time night kill?
Yes.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:29 PM   #36
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post

AWESOME!!
Old 05-25-2009, 07:15 PM   #37
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Any change in the number of players? Wednesday night still the plan for the first deadline?
Old 05-25-2009, 07:34 PM   #38
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Any change in the number of players? Wednesday night still the plan for the first deadline?
For sure to Wednesday. We'll probably be going with 16 (hoops has offered his spot to RendeR)
Old 05-26-2009, 12:34 AM   #39
RendeR
Coordinator

Actually BK, let Hoops play. I start tennis tihs week and I have other things going on as well and don't want to miss out on the game. So I'll back out.

Looks like fun and I will read through and enjoy all the activities. just too much on my plate over the next couple weeks.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:52 AM   #40
hoopsguy
General Manager

RendeR, will do. I just knew that my schedule was busy at the outset of this week and that I would certainly be available as an alternate if needed later. But if you are busy I'll play along but be a little more quiet early on than normal.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:37 AM   #41
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Is it too early to reveal as the GM?
Old 05-26-2009, 09:28 AM   #42
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

believe
Old 05-26-2009, 09:43 AM   #43
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
You shouldn't believe dubb. I'm really the GM. See how in the second post, the one with the rules, it was posted by me? Yeah that's why you should believe me.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:47 AM   #44
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Can I believe PB is a wolf yet?
Old 05-26-2009, 09:48 AM   #45
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You shouldn't believe dubb. I'm really the GM. See how in the second post, the one with the rules, it was posted by me? Yeah that's why you should believe me.

We're not falling for your trickery!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:48 AM   #46
Barkeep49
Coordinator

On a more serious note I plan on doing final balance tweaks at lunch, and sending out roles this afternoon.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:48 AM   #47
hoopsguy
General Manager

EF, if I'm a wolf then I'll definitely believe you on that one.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:51 AM   #48
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Can I believe PB is a wolf yet?

Bring on your day 1 vote. And bring on the Stanley Cup! Your quotation in my sig has been gold thus far.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:53 AM   #49
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

That's just what you want us to believe. Next thing I know, this afternoon I'll have a PM in my in-box from you with my supposed "role". That's just how you would fake it if you weren't the real GM. We know you.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:56 AM   #50
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

And if Dubbs attempted coup doesn't work, let me try this. BK is the GM, I know, because I am Barkeep49. You can tell because I posted the 1'st, 2'nd, 3'rd, 5'th, 16'th, 35'th, 38'th, 43'rd, and 46'th posts. In fact, I'll probably even post again soon as Barkeep49.