Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-27-2006, 07:49 PM   #3351
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Saldana, what is the string of consecutive villager deaths in your games?

Just checking

Didnt that string begin with my death as the innocent villager?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:53 PM   #3352
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Vote King

I, like many others have said, would like to believe Qwikshot, but he is making it very difficult. First, he dallied on revealing his role for several pages, then says he was Chubby's brother, only he claims that he neither PMed Chubby nor has he sufferred any consequences of Chubby's death. In every game I have played, when one brother dies the other does, or at least is severely affected in some way, I see no evidence of that here. Lathum has lead us to one Necro, I see no reason to not follow his lead again. The rules say that if we kill all the Necros, the Egyptians win. That is about as concrete as you can get for me.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:55 PM   #3353
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
Vote King

I, like many others have said, would like to believe Qwikshot, but he is making it very difficult. First, he dallied on revealing his role for several pages, then says he was Chubby's brother, only he claims that he neither PMed Chubby nor has he sufferred any consequences of Chubby's death. In every game I have played, when one brother dies the other does, or at least is severely affected in some way, I see no evidence of that here. Lathum has lead us to one Necro, I see no reason to not follow his lead again. The rules say that if we kill all the Necros, the Egyptians win. That is about as concrete as you can get for me.

In his defense, he ended up claiming that they did exchange PMs, and that they basically discussed votes, nothing incriminating was said.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:58 PM   #3354
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Didnt that string begin with my death as the innocent villager?
almost, you were second...Neon_Chaos was the night kill on night 2, you were lynched on day 3 (without having used your PK, much to the the dismay of the wizarding world)
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:58 PM   #3355
Tyrith
College Starter

Details are what win people over in Werewolf.

And I'd like to note for everyone for the sake of it that there was a brother role in 27 that didn't involve people randomly dying because of their brother, and I caught hell for it
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:59 PM   #3356
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
almost, you were second...Neon_Chaos was the night kill on night 2, you were lynched on day 3 (without having used your PK, much to the the dismay of the wizarding world)

If I had any idea who was bad, I would have used it! I was too busy trying to convince the Seer that I was not bad! No one ever believes me
Old 06-27-2006, 08:00 PM   #3357
path12
Coordinator

UNVOTE KING
VOTE LATHUM

Reasoning. First, I actually am fine with any of the three (Lathum, Qwik, King) being on the block -- they are the most logical candidates at this time. Secondly, Qwik's information today -- as suspect as it might be at times -- ties nicely in with the theory we've been struggling with, namely, where are the disadvantages for the Egyptians? Third, he didn't need to come out with this today since he wasn't likely to be the one on the block. There is an argument that he might be stepping up to protect King, but I don't think it overweighs point four: If he (Qwik) is telling the truth, we could be in big trouble if we go another way. If he is not telling the truth, we have King and Qwik in our sights and the necs on the run. I don't know that I'm willing to risk the chance that he might be right about the prophecy.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:06 PM   #3358
Tyrith
College Starter

At this point, I'm kind of content with anything that happens, too. I'd rather we kill king or lathum than qwik, because if we kill qwik and he turns out good it doesn't necessairly tell us either way about king. But I won't be terribly upset however the vote ends up.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:09 PM   #3359
saldana
Pro Starter

as goes the pharaoh, so go i

unvote king
vote lathum
(especially if he is the one that gave me these herpes)
Old 06-27-2006, 08:11 PM   #3360
hoopsguy
General Manager

Updated vote count, as of Post #3359:

Lathum - Qwikshot (3045), King (3128), Path (3357), Saldana (3359)

Qwikshot - SnDvls (3134)

King - Tyrith (3093), Anxiety (3103), Lathum (3172), Vince (3175), Dubb (3207), Schmidty (3322), Tanglewood (3352)
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:15 PM   #3361
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'm back. Let me get caught up.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:30 PM   #3362
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Bunch of stuff happened there. Wow!

-Anxiety

Old 06-27-2006, 08:35 PM   #3363
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
UNVOTE KING
VOTE LATHUM

Reasoning. First, I actually am fine with any of the three (Lathum, Qwik, King) being on the block -- they are the most logical candidates at this time. Secondly, Qwik's information today -- as suspect as it might be at times -- ties nicely in with the theory we've been struggling with, namely, where are the disadvantages for the Egyptians? Third, he didn't need to come out with this today since he wasn't likely to be the one on the block. There is an argument that he might be stepping up to protect King, but I don't think it overweighs point four: If he (Qwik) is telling the truth, we could be in big trouble if we go another way. If he is not telling the truth, we have King and Qwik in our sights and the necs on the run. I don't know that I'm willing to risk the chance that he might be right about the prophecy.

I can definitely buy this, and it gives us a chance to hear king's side of the story tomorrow. But what happened to your concern with lynching the Prophecy?

I'm willing to unvote, but so far the only things that have convicted Lathum are his lies from earlier (which haven't hurt anyone, that we know of), and Qwikshot's bogus-seeming story today. That evidence against raising an Avatar and handing us a bad guy on a platter, and perhaps one more (in kingfc22) isn't quite enough to give me a different target for lynch tonight.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:39 PM   #3364
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
I can definitely buy this, and it gives us a chance to hear king's side of the story tomorrow. But what happened to your concern with lynching the Prophecy?

Fair question. Simply, the potential benefits outweigh the unknown drawbacks. I'm not comfortable with the 5% chance that not lynching Lathum could cost us the game, and I think we have the numbers on our side plus two big suspects in our sights if we're wrong here.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:40 PM   #3365
path12
Coordinator

By the way, you've gone way up on my list today.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:40 PM   #3366
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

To be fair, Lathum is the wildest wild card of them all. Tricked Dubb, barkeep came out in support, so did Fouts, Now Qwik is dead set against. He's been caught in lies. I really would not mind that the wild card is removed formt eh table. However, I still feel king is a Nec, and I find it difficult to move my vote from a suspected Nec to a wild card.

-Anxiety

Old 06-27-2006, 08:47 PM   #3367
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

13 minutes by my watch...
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:50 PM   #3368
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
To be fair, Lathum is the wildest wild card of them all. Tricked Dubb, barkeep came out in support, so did Fouts, Now Qwik is dead set against. He's been caught in lies. I really would not mind that the wild card is removed formt eh table. However, I still feel king is a Nec, and I find it difficult to move my vote from a suspected Nec to a wild card.

-Anxiety

I partly agree. My vote for King is in no way an endorsement of Lathum's actions, although I do believe that he is largely working towards the same goal as us i.e. kille the necros, so is useful at this point.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:50 PM   #3369
SnDvls
Pro Starter

unvote qwik
vote lathum

gotta follow someone who I totally trust and it's wasted on qwik today
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:54 PM   #3370
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

6 minutes by my watch...
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:56 PM   #3371
SnDvls
Pro Starter

need anxiety or tyrith to move or both to move to lathum
Old 06-27-2006, 08:57 PM   #3372
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola if that is to be the lynch
Old 06-27-2006, 08:57 PM   #3373
path12
Coordinator

Vote your conscience.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:59 PM   #3374
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Fair question. Simply, the potential benefits outweigh the unknown drawbacks. I'm not comfortable with the 5% chance that not lynching Lathum could cost us the game, and I think we have the numbers on our side plus two big suspects in our sights if we're wrong here.

Man, I really want to switch my vote, but I keep coming back to "I'm 100% sure kingfc22 is a Necromancer initiate," and I just can't do it.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:00 PM   #3375
Vince
Pro Starter

Unvote kingfc22
Vote Lathum

Not sure if it'll matter...gut feeling here.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:00 PM   #3376
Tyrith
College Starter

We'll find out about Lathum, one way or another.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:00 PM   #3377
Vince
Pro Starter

And with that, I have to leave for a softball game. Hopefully the Egyptians do better today than my softball team is about to.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:01 PM   #3378
hoopsguy
General Manager

Time check.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:01 PM   #3379
hoopsguy
General Manager

Results forthcoming.

Final vote is a tie.

Lathum - Qwikshot (3045), King (3128), Path (3357), Saldana (3359), SnDvls (3369), Vince (3375)

King - Tyrith (3093), Anxiety (3103), Lathum (3172), Dubb (3207), Schmidty (3322), Tanglewood (3352)
Old 06-27-2006, 09:01 PM   #3380
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
By the way, you've gone way up on my list today.

Last question -- up on the trust list, or on the bad guy list? I'm assuming trust, because I don't think I had much further to go on the bad guy list
Old 06-27-2006, 09:02 PM   #3381
Tyrith
College Starter

Well, Vince, you nominated yourself for hero or goat status tonight.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:02 PM   #3382
Vince
Pro Starter

Damn it! I have to leave
Old 06-27-2006, 09:02 PM   #3383
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Last question -- up on the trust list, or on the bad guy list? I'm assuming trust, because I don't think I had much further to go on the bad guy list

Trust. You were my very first choice for lynch at the beginning of the day.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:03 PM   #3384
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
Well, Vince, you nominated yourself for hero or goat status tonight.

No he didn't. I had already decided no matter the vote.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:05 PM   #3385
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I think I know the prophecy's powers. I'll post later to see if I'm right or not.

Old 06-27-2006, 09:07 PM   #3386
Tyrith
College Starter

Kinda figured the duke power was getting used tonight, one way or another.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:08 PM   #3387
path12
Coordinator

With the tie I still have it, so I guess that's good. I'll take the blame if we're wrong today. I thought it was a risk worth taking.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:10 PM   #3388
hoopsguy
General Manager

Day 7 ends, Night 7 begins

This 7th day of hunting necromancers takes several bizarre turns with Qwikshot stepping into the spotlight to battle Lathum. Lathum seems above the fray as he points towards King as a necromancer. The people seem ready to lynch King before the Pharaoh leads a late charge against the so-called Prophecy. In the end, it is deadlocked.

Path is again called on to make a decision. He seems ready and comfortable with his decision. "Lathum, prepare to meet Osiris". Lathum walks up to the statue; the priests do not have to restrain him as they have other men. He seems serene as the statue begins to hum before him. The statue creaks and actually begins to move towards Lathum! A giant hand reaches down towards the still form of Lathum. Lathum raises his right hand just before the statue can grasp him and immobilizes the likeness of Osiris.

"I am not meant to pass from the earth in this fashion. Egyptians, this path is not open to you.". With that, he lowers his head and walks away. There will be no sacrifice on this evening.

As this takes place, Saldana falls to one knee. His body is covered in hideous boils; his condition has worsened over the past two days and a yellow substance is flowing freely from his skin. His breath is raspy and increasingly infrequent. There is nothing to be done for this man except to prepare his body for the afterlife.

Night 7 has begun.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:12 PM   #3389
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Lathum is really obi wan kanobi!
Old 06-27-2006, 09:12 PM   #3390
saldana
Pro Starter

and i'm spent.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:13 PM   #3391
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

And there you go.

Old 06-27-2006, 09:13 PM   #3392
path12
Coordinator

Shit. Well, at least we know that's not an option. Sorry guys.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:18 PM   #3393
Schmidty
Coordinator

I am tired.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:21 PM   #3394
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

What a complete fuck up in the last 20 mins or so. At least today has really solidified in my mind who the remaning bad guys are.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:23 PM   #3395
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

way to go guys. way to go.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:27 PM   #3396
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
way to go guys. way to go.

That's right. I totally forgot how open you've been with us about your role. My apologies.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:28 PM   #3397
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
That's right. I totally forgot how open you've been with us about your role. My apologies.

Regerdless of how open he has been, which I agree has been not very, it was obvious to me what the play should've been today. Anyway, I'm out for the night.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:28 PM   #3398
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
What a complete fuck up in the last 20 mins or so. At least today has really solidified in my mind who the remaning bad guys are.

I wasn't able to check the thread, or sit at my desk after like 6:30 pm (my time) or so. I am an indentured servant to my wife.

Excuse? Yes.
Truth? Yes.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:32 PM   #3399
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Regerdless of how open he has been, which I agree has been not very, it was obvious to me what the play should've been today. Anyway, I'm out for the night.

Really?

Quote:
I partly agree. My vote for King is in no way an endorsement of Lathum's actions, although I do believe that he is largely working towards the same goal as us i.e. kille the necros, so is useful at this point.

Well, I don't know how that impassioned argument in those last fucked up 20 minutes got past me.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:32 PM   #3400
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
OK I GAVE YOU ALANT ON A FUCKING PLATTER AND I GAVE YOU AN AVATAR AND I ALSO GAVE YOU KING. HOW MUCH MORE DO YOU NEED!!!!!

I WAS ALSO TRYING SOMEWHAT TO SAVE MY ABILITY SO THAT I COULD USE IT TO SNIFF OUT NECRO's. I AM NOW A USELESS BUNCH OF DEAD WEIGHT. GO AHEAD AND LYNCH ME AGAIN TOMORROW AND FINISH ME OFF!
YOU HAve just done the necro"s a huge favor
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote