Old 06-28-2006, 08:57 PM   #3451
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

come on hoops.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:58 PM   #3452
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

The relative lack of fight from King gives me the impression that he is a bad guy. I dearly hope I am not wrong.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:00 PM   #3453
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
The relative lack of fight from King gives me the impression that he is a bad guy. I dearly hope I am not wrong.

I actually think he is probably a bad guy, but atleast this should give us the definitive read on Lathum/Qwik. If King is bad we probably axe Qwik, it not, we need to look at Lathum/Schmidty.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:03 PM   #3454
Poli
FOFC Survivor

/me waves
Old 06-28-2006, 09:07 PM   #3455
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Pseudodragon has a vested interest in how this plays out.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:07 PM   #3456
Tyrith
College Starter

Bleh. Got distracted by family stuff. Not that it was likely to matter, as I was just going to dogpile, but still. Sorry.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:07 PM   #3457
Vince
Pro Starter

Hi Ardent!

Didn't realize I'd get to see the results at my parents' house this evening. Big bucks, no whammies!
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:09 PM   #3458
hoopsguy
General Manager

Day 8 ends, Night 8 begins

There is no drama on this day. The Egyptians still seem in shock after the death of their ruler. Slowly but surely, the majority fall in line with the vote for kingfc22. King is not pleased. He begins to chant as he is brought before the statue, but before he can proceed too far he is clubbed over the head by one of the priests. The woozy King is held up by the priests until the ground begins to rumble. The priests scatter as the eyes of the statue glow bright red. Large cracks emerge in the earth beneath King and a pair of beast-like arms arise from the ground to pull him below the earth.

Is it over? Have the necromancers been purged from the land? Not yet, as the clerics send you back to your quarters for another night while they tend to the blood-stained ground.

Night 8 has begun.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:13 PM   #3459
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Amazing how some people can overanalyze things so damn much in these games sometimes. If only this is where we went yesterday.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:13 PM   #3460
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hey, guys! Where have you been all day?
Old 06-28-2006, 09:13 PM   #3461
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
22. Kingfc22 - Necromancer Initiate, lynched Day 8

Qwik, start talkin'.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:13 PM   #3462
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Hey, guys! Where have you been all day?

Sleeping.....lots and lots of sleeping.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:15 PM   #3463
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Amazing how some people can overanalyze things so damn much in these games sometimes. If only this is where we went yesterday.

It was unfortunate, but not a disaster I think. We got a few Necros early on so always had some breathing space.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:18 PM   #3464
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Assuming Qwik is a Necro, I encourage him to admit as much and start discussing possibilities regarding Lathum. It's obvious he is going to be lynched regardless of what he says pretty much, so his only chance at redemption is to somehow convince us we need to take Lathum out in order for an Egyptian win. I doubt he will succeed, most likely even if Lathum does have a unique win condition Qwik won't be able to prove so, but its his only hope.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:22 PM   #3465
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Seems like I was right all along about there being likely two initiates.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:25 PM   #3466
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93

Amen to this. Sometimes we have to be careful how much looking we do.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:49 AM   #3467
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
Qwik, start talkin'.

I did all of it yesterday, and what I said was still true...it doesn't change today because king was a necro.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:50 AM   #3468
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Seems like I was right all along about there being likely two initiates.

-Anxiety

Why were you outside at night Anxiety, I just want to know that...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 06-29-2006, 07:15 AM   #3469
hoopsguy
General Manager

Night 8 (GAME OVER)

Day by day, the Egyptians continue to kill necromancers. But still the strange weather persists. Tonight is unusually light, with a crimson sky providing an eerie luminesence across the desert. Everyone is restless, awaiting tomorrow when Qwikshot will be put before Osiris. But the wait is shorter than that, as Anxiety strikes him down outside of Lathum's quarters!

"Yes!" exults Anxiety. "All those nights out protecting and I finally got a necromancer!". Lathum emerges from his room, shakes Anxiety's hand, and thanks him as he continues walking towards the statue of Osiris. Is it a bad sign that Anxiety's hand begins to rot off and the rotting sensation quickly runs across the rest of his body?

Lathum stands before the giant statue of Osiris, holding a wand and uttering a string of incantations. "It is time!" he concludes, as the great statue once again begins to move. It begins by shambling towards the Hight Priest Schmidty and dropping its massive fist onto his body. It then continues through the remainder of the village, relentlessly killing all in its path as Lathum's evil cackle booms throughout the land. Somewhere, Set is smiling as his pupil unleashes destruction on the servants of Osiris with his own likeness.

GAME OVER!

Lathum - complete victory
Egyptians - partial victory (defeat all necromancers, but lose to ultimate evil)
Necromancers - no victory
Old 06-29-2006, 07:19 AM   #3470
hoopsguy
General Manager

List of Roles/PMs:

Not in game:
Dreamweaver
Brothers
Favored by Gods
Healthy

Barkeep - you are a fanatical follower of Osiris. You have a burning hatred for the necromancers and a willingness to act on your beliefs. You have the ability to night kill. This is retained if you kill a necromancer, but if you mistakenly strike down an Egyptian then you will also take your own life.

Passacaglia - you are a member of a secret society that backs the Pharoah. There are two other members of your group, whose identities are unknown to you. You are not a necromancer and would like to see them rooted out before their movement disrupts the existing social structure.

Schmidty - you are a High Priest of Osiris. You have a strong desire to see the natural order of life and death restored; the necromancers are an abomination. You have the ability to consecrate the dead, protecting them from reanimation at the hands of the necromancers. This ability can be exercised once every 3 days, beginning with Night 3.

pat12 - you are the Pharoah and your role is known to all. Unknown to all, you are in possession of a Scarab. Who knows what power is held in this artifact? BLESSED SCARAB

Anxiety - you are the Elite Guard for the Pharoah, although this role is a closely held secret from even the Pharoah himself. Another secret is that you are in possession of a magical Scarab. What power might this item hold? CURSED SCARAB

Cronin - you are the Explorer. You have a night action that allows you to search for items that may be used in the battle with the necromancers. DISCOVERED HELMET PLAYED NO ROLE IN THE GAME

Dubb - you are the Soothsayer. You hope to use your abilities to peer into the hearts of necromancers and expose their foul plot.

AlanT - hello, necromancer. You know that there are others among your numbers, but have not yet been able to identify them. Your night actions include the ability to search for other necromancers or to attack another member of the Egyptian society.
Two for two being a bad guy in my games now ...

Saldana - you are the enchanter, granting the ability to craft a Scarab of Protection. This is a Night action, available once every four days, beginning with Night 3.

SnDvls - you are an average, run-of-the-mill Egyptian citizen. You would like to see the necromancers stopped from executing their plot to destroy your society.

Lathum - you are a normal Egyptian. No role. PROPHECY ROLE TO BE DESCRIBED NEXT

Coffee Warlord - you are a fanatical follower of Osiris. You despise the necromancers and would like to personally destroy them.
You have the ability to night kill. This is retained if you kill a necromancer, but if you mistakenly strike down an Egyptian then you will also take your own life. Also, you are a member of a secret ruling class that backs the Pharoah. There are two other members of your group, but you do not know their identities.

bulletsponge - you are a necromancer. You know that there are others among your numbers, but have not yet been able to identify them. Your night actions include the ability to search for other necromancers or to attack another member of the Egyptian society.

Qwikshot - you are a necromancer. You know that there are others among your numbers, but have not yet been able to identify them. Your night actions include the ability to search for other necromancers or to attack another member of the Egyptian society.

Tyrith - no special role, just an Egyptian trying to expose and expunge the necromancers.

Bek - you are a necromancer Initiate. You know that there are others among your numbers, but have not yet been able to identify them. Your night actions include the ability to search for other necromancers, to attack another member of the Egyptian society, or to craft a Cursed Scarab (available on Night 3, once every four days after that).

Blade6119 - ever had the seer role before? Well, you are the Mystic, so you have it this game. Also, remember that if you forego your nightly scans for three consecutive days then on the 4th night you can summon an Avatar, who is potentially a pretty bad-ass role for Team Egypt.

Swaggs - you are a member of a cabal that backs the Pharoah. There are two other members of your group, whose identities are unknown to you. You are not a necromancer and would like to see them rooted out before their movement upsets your comfortable lifestyle.

Vince - your role is that you have no role, other than being an Egyptian. Happy hunting.

Chubby - welcome to Werewolf. For your first game, you get the top bad guy role of Head Necromancer. For your night actions you can search for fellow necromancers, attack a member of the Egyptian society, cast a disease spell (every other night, beginning with Night 2), or create a Mummy (every 4th night, beginning with Night 4). Also, you are magically attuned which means you have a 10% chance of picking up on the identity of the Mystic, Enchanter, Soothsayer, or High Priest when they use their higher-level powers.

Tanglewood - you are an Egyptian, but do not possess any special powers. Good luck finding the necromancers.

kingfc22 - you are a necromancer Initiate. You know that there are others among your numbers, but have not yet been able to identify them. Your night actions include the ability to search for other necromancers, to attack another member of the Egyptian society, or to craft a Cursed Scarab (available on Night 3, once every four days after that).

Last edited by hoopsguy : 06-29-2006 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Edited for better formatting, include notes on items
Old 06-29-2006, 07:24 AM   #3471
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well this was a fun game. Thanks to hoops for putting it on. Hoops and I have had a fairly lengthy discussion about game balance, so I'm curious to hear what others think.

But more importantly: Lathum rocks. Despite the fact that I should have known better he completely pulled the wool over my eyes. And he completely hoodwinked everybody. The guy played a MASTERFUL game, perhaps the best game of WW I've seen any indvidiual play. Hats off to him.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:28 AM   #3472
hoopsguy
General Manager

Prophecy - activated when attacked at night by either Necromancer or Fanatic. The attacker is repelled, but not killed. This took place on Night 3 when Bulletsponge attacked him.

Have a choice between playing for good guy victory, bad guy victory (necromancer), or bad guy victory (solo). If selecting a bad guy victory, the decision is marked by obliterating one character instantly - this is the only use of a power that is not published in the ruleset.

Going for the solo victory, Lathum could use any night power on the board. He could scan three players a day to learn their roles. And he could establish PM sessions with one person on each side. His form would be destroyed when he was killed once by both sides. At that time, he would project his spirit into another player - he had to name this player the day he chose to be the Dark Prophet.

I'll leave the details of Lathum's selections for him to talk about.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:31 AM   #3473
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

This was an excellent game. Perhaps my favorite game so far Thanks hoops for running it.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:35 AM   #3474
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here are a list of the night actions that I wrote down - I believe they are complete.

Night 1 Actions:
Path - order Elite Guard to protect Path12
Qwikshot - view Warlord (not a necromancer)
Cronin - search, find Helmet
Alan T - view Blade (not a necromancer)
Chubby - view Barkeep (not a necromancer)
Kingfc - view Lathum (not a necromancer)
Anxiety - protect Path12
bulletsponge - view Cronin (not a necromancer)
Blade - view Barkeep

Night 2:
Qwikshot - view Tyrith (not a necromancer)
Anxiety - protect Dubb
Bullet - view Bek (necromancer)
Blade - view Dubb
Alan T - view Barkeep (not a necromancer)
Chubby - view Coffee (not a necromancer)
Bek - view Saldana (not a necromancer)
Path - invoke scarab of protection
King - attack Pass (failed)

Night 3:
Path - order EG protect on Dubb
Qwik - view Blade (not a necromancer)
Bullet - attack Lathum
Anxiety - protect SnDvls (overruled by Pharaoh)
Alan T - view Saldana (not a necromancer)
Chubby - attack Path
Saldana - create scarab, pass to Barkeep
King - view Path (not a necromancer)
Blade - view Vince

Night 4:
Chubby - view Vince (not a necromancer)
Barkeep - use Scarab of Protection
Warlord - fanatic attack on Passacaglia
Qwikshot - view Saldana (not a necromancer)
Anxiety - guard SnDvls
King - view Qwik (necromancer!)
AlanT - view Passacaglia (not a necromancer)
Lathum - SnDvls as transfer target. Summon Avatar. View Alan T, Barkeep, and Pass
Schmidty - consecrate Swaggs' corpse

Night 5:
Qwikshot - view Anxiety (not necro)
Barkeep - kill Alan T
Alan T - View Vince (not a necromancer)
Lathum - view Tyrith, Tangle, Chubby. Disease Saldana.
King - view Alan T (necro)
Anxiety - guard Barkeep

Night 6:
SnDvls - use helmet
Anxiety - guard King
Lathum - scan Path, SnDvls, King
King/Qwik - kill Barkeep

Night 7:
Schmidty - consecrate St.Cronin
Anxiety - activate scarab, guard qwik
Qwikshot/King - kill Path
Lathum - scan Qwik, Vince, Dubb

Night 8:
Anxiety - protect Lathum
Qwikshot - kill Lathum
Lathum - scan, light victory cigar
Old 06-29-2006, 07:38 AM   #3475
kingfc22
Head Coach

Geez. Getting you guys to kill lathum was like pulling teeth.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:40 AM   #3476
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The funny thing is Anxiety both won and lost the game for the Egyptians with protecting Lathum
Old 06-29-2006, 07:43 AM   #3477
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

As you can see, I had a really weird game. I had one of my best villager games yet. Such ashame I wasn't on the villager's side. I went 0 for 5 on scanning people on my side. I felt it far more important to start up communications and just -know- who was and was not on my side than the actual night kills.

I watched Saldana leave on the night that he gave Barkeep the scarab, so I figured out his role. I was watching Pass's room the night he was killed by Coffee and obviously was watching Vince the night that Barkeep (who was guarded by Anxiety at the time) came to kill me. Hey party in Vince's room!

King was going to be my next scan target after Vince, but yeah I was pretty clueless on who was even on my entire team that game. You would think out of 20 people I would have hit someone on my team in 5 turns!
Old 06-29-2006, 08:09 AM   #3478
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I figured he would be protected, I wanted the game to end. Still I figured it was the risk I had to take.

I had a grain of truth to everything I said.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:11 AM   #3479
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
I figured he would be protected, I wanted the game to end. Still I figured it was the risk I had to take.

I had a grain of truth to everything I said.
Yeah I think you did the right thing Qwik. Since if Lathum is found to be evil you suddenly are looking so much like a necro. That quiet Anxiety? Necro Though I had figured out on Day 1 that his role was Bodyguard.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 06-29-2006 at 08:11 AM.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:11 AM   #3480
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Well this was a fun game. Thanks to hoops for putting it on. Hoops and I have had a fairly lengthy discussion about game balance, so I'm curious to hear what others think.

But more importantly: Lathum rocks. Despite the fact that I should have known better he completely pulled the wool over my eyes. And he completely hoodwinked everybody. The guy played a MASTERFUL game, perhaps the best game of WW I've seen any indvidiual play. Hats off to him.

*cough* everyone?
Old 06-29-2006, 08:12 AM   #3481
hoopsguy
General Manager

By the way, the random number would have allowed Qwik to kill Lathum. First time in either of my two games where random.org would have favored the bad guys. Typical
Old 06-29-2006, 08:12 AM   #3482
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
*cough* everyone?
Ok I should amend. From what I understand Chubby was also suspicious of him.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:12 AM   #3483
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
*cough* everyone?

My victory was when Path did chose him...I had written king off...there were a few things I should have done differently, but still, that was such a great feeling.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:14 AM   #3484
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Ok I should amend. From what I understand Chubby was also suspicious of him.

Chubby /was/ talking with him...they were in a sort of cautious alliance.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:15 AM   #3485
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
11. Lathum - Its obvious that he is the prophecy. Is that good for us or bad? Probably bad for me now as he has an axe to grind with me personally. Looking back to other games with third party roles, such as the elementals game... most of the villagers came to the belief it was in their best interest to keep the elementals around.. in the end that definitly was not the case. He's killed our seer, lied to us almost non stop in the game, but to his benefit... at least he's not a necro

And you all thought I was the bad guy!
Old 06-29-2006, 08:20 AM   #3486
Vince
Pro Starter

Wow.

What a game. Way to pull it all off, Lathum.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:21 AM   #3487
Vince
Pro Starter

Who the hell was Lathum talking to on the good guys' side?
Old 06-29-2006, 08:23 AM   #3488
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Me. That's why I did the sudden about face during the lynch between Lathum and Fouts. And that's why I started acting like a seer, since I could use Lathum's scans.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 06-29-2006 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:23 AM   #3489
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince

I think Barkeep
Old 06-29-2006, 09:23 AM   #3490
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

And now I can rant.

Alright. Night 3, I ALMOST sent in a message to have Chubby killed.

Night 4, when I blew it...I was going back and forth between two people. Pass, and Alan.

Two damn necros I coulda killed. And I failed miserably.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:23 AM   #3491
SnDvls
Pro Starter

great game hoops

good job everyone.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:27 AM   #3492
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
And now I can rant.

Alright. Night 3, I ALMOST sent in a message to have Chubby killed.

Night 4, when I blew it...I was going back and forth between two people. Pass, and Alan.

Two damn necros I coulda killed. And I failed miserably.

Why would you want to kill little ole me?
Old 06-29-2006, 09:28 AM   #3493
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Why would you want to kill little ole me?

'Cause you smelled funny, obviously!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:40 AM   #3494
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Coffee: I'm amazed you were willing to risk your life for a possible kill. Now obviously you were doing pretty well with detecting them, despite pulling the wrong trigger, but I wasn't going to risk taking myself out of the game unless I really knew.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:41 AM   #3495
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

damnit you people are slow

I had figured everything out, If I had survived the vote Lathum wouldn't habe won (big shocker that he did eh hoops?). I knew he wasn't on our side from the 1st PM he sent me.

Our plan was to get him to think I believed him for one day so the next night (after the day where I got lynched):

We'd kill Barkeep who I knew to be the fanatic and in contact with Lathum.
I'd poison Path

If things had played out the way they did with Lathum getting lynched but not dying we would have attacked Lathum the next night which would have killed him according to hoops

No more "wolves don't know each other" it totally screws the wolves and the game balance IMO.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:48 AM   #3496
hoopsguy
General Manager

On the topic of balance - what number of necromancers would have made for better balance, given that they didn't start off knowing each other?

In terms of Lathum's role, would it have been better if he started the game as the Prophecy instead of learning on Day 4 that he was the prophecy? That is why he passed Dubb's scan, because the quote was from Day 3 and he believed what he typed at the time he typed it. Having him become the evil/solo prophecy on Day 4 when one necro was already dead and another one was headed to the gallows made it easier for him to adopt a strategy of eliminating the necros to achieve his victory condition.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:52 AM   #3497
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

No I think Lathum's role was fine. Several of us I think knew he was bad news for all of us, and he played it excellently well. I think this game was tough for the bad guys to win not because of numbers but because of lack of communication and strategy.

However I think it was a very fun game. And Don't really have many complaints about it at all. Im not really sure the bad guys needed more people at all. Not sure how I would change it much. I think part of it was that I just got really unlucky on scans 0/5
Old 06-29-2006, 09:53 AM   #3498
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
On the topic of balance - what number of necromancers would have made for better balance, given that they didn't start off knowing each other?

In terms of Lathum's role, would it have been better if he started the game as the Prophecy instead of learning on Day 4 that he was the prophecy? That is why he passed Dubb's scan, because the quote was from Day 3 and he believed what he typed at the time he typed it. Having him become the evil/solo prophecy on Day 4 when one necro was already dead and another one was headed to the gallows made it easier for him to adopt a strategy of eliminating the necros to achieve his victory condition.

I don't know an exact number, others with more WW games under their belt might tho.

I do know that our date was decided by who we picked to view early. If we had gotten lucky and picked Necros earlier we would have had a chance but we didn't so I think we were pretty screwed from the start.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:02 AM   #3499
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
our date was decided by who we picked...early. If we had gotten lucky...

Chubby I think you might want the Bank Fraud thread there
Old 06-29-2006, 10:36 AM   #3500
path12
Coordinator

Great game, hoops. I'll join in the general acclaim for Lathum, especially after I chose him for the tiebreak. Your reaction I think really solidified you as a good guy in everyone remaining except Qwik's mind......as is shown by Anxiety guarding you last night.

Hoops was kind enough to tell me after I died that I had made the right call and it was interesting yesterday to root for the bad guy to try and kill off the other bad guy last night.

Hoops, so the scarab I used night 2 was blessed? What does that mean, since there was no obvious effect when I used it?