Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-11-2015, 09:00 PM   #1
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

IWS #234 - Stupid gets a new job

I figure since this new job I recently started has kept me from getting right on this, it might as well be the theme.

The Rules

The rules are the same as previous FOFC “I’m With Stupid" Contests, as set forth by the game's, and indeed our very community's, most cherished and beloved progenitors and inspirational leaders, and also QuikSand. May we never lose our commitment to reverently speak their names and heartily toast their greatness (as well as toasting QuikSand).

The object of this contest is to answer the questions posted, and to provide the most common answer among those submitted. For each question, your score will be equal to the number of people who submitted that response. Your score for the contest will be the product of your individual question scores. For the mathematically challenged, product means they are multiplied together, not added. Highest score wins.

Collaboration of any kind is strictly forbidden. No posting your answers to this board, nor sharing them by e-mail or in any other way with other potential contestants. There are no prizes other than everlasting glory and total consciousness on your deathbed, so the need to cheat shouldn't be an issue.

All determinations of "matches" and anything else requiring even the most trivial degree of judgment fall to that of the sole administrator of this round of the game. You can reduce the need for doubt and judgment by properly spelling your submissions, being clear, and that sort of thing. My decisions are final and utterly inarguable, no exceptions. I summarily reject any suggestion of this structure as evidence of any personal character flaw.

Any references that are unclear to you, due to language or geography, should be understood to be authored from the perspective of an English-speaking American. However...

Your answers do not necessarily have to be correct in order to score points. If I ask "What is one of the classic blunders?", and you answer, "never get involved in a land war in Asia", along with 9 other people, you each score 10 points, even though the correct answer is "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!" You will also be forever scorned for suggesting that we'll never survive - you're only saying that because no one ever has.

Spoiler

The Questions

1. Stupid has been working at his job for a while now. It's a good, steady job - nothing to hate about it, but it's not his dream job. What IS his dream job?

2. While Stupid's daydreaming about said dream job, he gets a job offer. It isn't his dream job either, but there IS a pay increase involved. How much of a pay increase does Stupid need to consider shaking things up?

3. After looking over the offer, he realizes that the pay increase is reasonable enough. Unfortunately, the new job will involve a slightly longer commute. How long of a commute is too long for Stupid to consider the new job?

4. Upon further review, the pay and the commute are 'good enough,' but he realizes it's the terribly annoying habit of his co-worker in the cubicle next to him has that really pushes him to respond with interest to the job offer. What's the annoying habit of his current cubicle neighbor?

5. Stupid replies to the job offer, says he's interested, but wants to hear more. The company replies eagerly, and points out an interesting, non-monetary, non-benefit related perk to working for them. What is the perk?

6. Enough is enough. Stupid accepts the job offer! What's his new title?

---

PM me responses with 'IWS #234' (or something similar) in the title. Contest will run until next Thursday, 9/17 at 5 PM Pacific - this way I can tally the results and get them posted before the weekend.

Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:08 AM   #2
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Weekday bump.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:15 AM   #3
timmae
College Starter

Application is in!
Old 09-14-2015, 12:39 PM   #4
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Since there seemed to be some issues last time with peoples' entries not getting in, I'll keep this updated with a list of who I have entries from:

7 entrants so far (10:40 AM PST 9/14):

QuikSand
PurdueBrad
Barkeep49
timmae
Subby
cartman
Chief Rum
Old 09-14-2015, 12:50 PM   #5
Logan
Head Coach

I'm in, just to see if a score of 2 can be a winner...
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:13 PM   #6
Umbrella
High School Varsity

This is the first one where I'm not sure if I have a single match.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:19 PM   #7
JeeberD
General Manager

Scented

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:19 PM   #8
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrella View Post
This is the first one where I'm not sure if I have a single match.

+1
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 01:48 AM   #9
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Up to 15 entries as of 12:00 AM 9/15:

QuikSand
PurdueBrad
Barkeep49
timmae
Subby
cartman
Chief Rum
Logan
Umbrella
JeeberD
Eaglesfan27
albionmoonlight
claphasma
nilodor
EagleFan

Holler at me if you've sent me a PM and you're not on this list.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:46 AM   #10
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Wednesday morning bump - up to 17 entrants now (Pyser and MIJB#19 the latest). So far no one has a perfect score, and despite some of your worries, no one has the dreaded 1.

The polls close tomorrow evening, so get those entries in!
Old 09-16-2015, 09:18 AM   #11
Alf
Pro Starter

sent with absolutely no idea of what's going on here
Old 09-17-2015, 07:45 AM   #12
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Final bump! Entries due tonight by 5 PM Pacific, as I'm going to tabulate results when I get off work. We're up to 21 entries and it's still anyone's game - no perfect scores yet, and a bunch of people clustered near the top score. These last few entries could change everything!

Latest entrants received:
stevew
Alf
britrock88
Abe Sargent