Old 06-22-2005, 09:46 PM   #302
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Good show, gentlemen!
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 09:51 PM   #303
Peregrine
Pro Starter

The night passes quickly, with most of you exhausted from the fight against George W Bush. When you wake up, one of you isn't there at the breakfast table for the delicious oatmeal and cold tea. Mustang has been killed during the night. He is yet another villager lost to the rampaging werewolf.

Day Turn 3

Peregrine - killed Night 1 (innkeeper)
KWhit
BrianD
Eaglesfan27
Fonzie
KevinNU7
George W Bush - Lynched Day 2 (werewolf)
Mustang - killed Night 3 (villager)
Condors
Warhammer
Desnudo - killed Night 2 (villager)
Lathum - Lynched Day 1 (villager)
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 09:51 PM   #304
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Hmm.. I voted for GWB first..

Umm.. could be a deadly night for me.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 09:52 PM   #305
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

*L*

As if on cue..

With my last dying gasp... "AAAAck... you KNOW who did this..."
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...

Last edited by Mustang : 06-22-2005 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:52 PM   #306
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Heh very nice prediction Mustang.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:56 PM   #307
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I had a feeling Mustang was going to go. He seemed ahead of most people with the strategies of the hunt.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 09:57 PM   #308
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I have to agree with shorty here. This game is very fascinating. I cannot wait for round 2

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 09:58 PM   #309
Joe
Pro Starter

nicely played, gentlemen. Looks like I was wrong twice on who the seer is.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:01 PM   #310
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
I had a feeling Mustang was going to go. He seemed ahead of most people with the strategies of the hunt.

Now I can watch the rest.. good luck with the hunt gentlemen...
Old 06-22-2005, 10:04 PM   #311
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Hey, we got one right!
a little too late IMO
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:08 PM   #312
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
a little too late IMO
Well, we are batting .500 which is great considering the odds with only 2 wolves to 9 humans at the start. However, I realize that isn't much consolation to you (nor would it be to me if I was the one that was unfairly lynched.)

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-22-2005 at 10:09 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:13 PM   #313
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Just as an FYI to everyone (this game isn't over yet) I'm working on the plans for a second game, which will be able to accomodate a few more people, and will have a couple of new or expanded roles involved. More details later.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:14 PM   #314
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
a little too late IMO

I still feel bad about that, but the first lynching is tough. We didn't have much to go on.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:15 PM   #315
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Just as an FYI to everyone (this game isn't over yet) I'm working on the plans for a second game, which will be able to accomodate a few more people, and will have a couple of new or expanded roles involved. More details later.

Well, if you are taking early reserves, I'd be interested again.. (obviously)...
Old 06-22-2005, 10:16 PM   #316
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I still feel bad about that, but the first lynching is tough. We didn't have much to go on.

I told you guys Lathum was innocent but.. noooooo.. no one listens to me until the second night.. Getting people to trust me will be the death of me one day...
Old 06-22-2005, 10:16 PM   #317
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
nicely played, gentlemen. Looks like I was wrong twice on who the seer is.

I was initially thinking that Mustang could have been the seer, but he started talking too much about what he thought the seer would be doing. I figured he would hide it more if he was the seer.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:18 PM   #318
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
I told you guys Lathum was innocent but.. noooooo.. no one listens to me until the second night.. Getting people to trust me will be the death of me one day...

Well, you were getting people to trust you today, and you did die....
Old 06-22-2005, 10:29 PM   #319
heybrad
Norm!!!

I'd like to get into the next game if possible.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:32 PM   #320
Swaggs
Coordinator

Hey Brad.

Me too.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:39 PM   #321
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm interested in being the next game as well, but I'll understand if you want to give all new people a chance.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:43 PM   #322
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I'm interested in being the next game as well, but I'll understand if you want to give all new people a chance.

Ditto. This is fun stuff.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:50 PM   #323
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Why don't y'all focus on finishing this game before signing up for the next one?
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:56 PM   #324
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Just what I was about to say NoMyths! We'll have plenty of time to worry about the next game after this one is over.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:57 PM   #325
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think I definantly deserve a spot in the next one.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:48 AM   #326
condors
College Starter

after looking at what transpired this seems almost too easy (which means i want to lynch an innocent man)

I vote for KevinNU7
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 06:52 AM   #327
KevinNU7
College Starter

It does seem too good to be true doesn't it? Something to chew on though is that a true werewolf would have voted with the other villagers if the vote looked obvious to hide himself. I made my vote at 2pm and had to leave work and didn't get back to a PC until 6:10. If at that time the voting was close I may have changed my mind about who to vote for but it was such a blow out that I kept it as Condors.

If you think I am the other the wolf then I have a question for you, why would the wolves vote seperately in the first round GWB for Lathum and me for Condors and then together in round 2 (both for Condors before GWB changed it to Eaglesfan)? Seems to me they'd stay seperate to make them harder to detect.

Surely if I was the werewolf I would have waited as long as possible to vote and then pick GWB to fall in line with everyone else.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:08 AM   #328
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I think you and GWB both voted for Condors to try to gain some momentum and start a bandwagon. I also think GWB changed his vote so it wouldn't look like you two were working together.

I vote KevinNU7
Old 06-23-2005, 07:13 AM   #329
KevinNU7
College Starter

Just thought of something. Since the seer is still alive maybe then can shed some light for us. If you know who the werewolf is you can freely come out and say it since we can all kill the werewolf before he can kill you. Ofcourse if you haven't found the werewolf yet you are best to not say anything.

That brings up an interesting point. Since I am such an obvious choice shouldn't the seer have chosen to look at me last night and then he would have saw that I was a werewolf and told all of you?! Since he didn't IMO it can be safe to assume I am not a werewolf.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:25 AM   #330
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
Since I am such an obvious choice shouldn't the seer have chosen to look at me last night and then he would have saw that I was a werewolf

Is this an admission?
Old 06-23-2005, 07:29 AM   #331
KevinNU7
College Starter

Obviosuly it isn't, don't spin my words like a jackass. I think my questions holds water. If you think I am such an obviosu choice then we should assume that the seer also thought I was an obvious choice and looked at me last night. If he did look at me and saw I wasn't a werewolf then he would have to keep quiet for fear of getting eaten tonight for admitting he is the seer. If he looked at me and saw I was a werewolf then he would have spoken up and said "KevinNU is the werewolf, everyone vote for him to end the game."
Old 06-23-2005, 07:39 AM   #332
KWhit
Coordinator

Very interesting.

Good job, guys rooting out the terror of GWB as werewolf (I just went along with the consensus - I had no idea who to vote for).

I think Kevin is an obvious choice, but maybe too obvious. I would think a werewolf would want to be less blatant with his voting. I still lean toward condors. But I'm not sure. I need a few more pages of posts to help me decide.

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:55 AM   #333
Warhammer
Pro Starter

It's funny, the two people that I think have the best chance to be the werewolf are going at it. But, who is the werewolf?

In one corner we have BrianD, he of the big B and ending with the big D.
In the other corner we have KevinNU7, that being the #7 Kevin of Northeastern University!

Who will win, let's see as we get ready to RUUUUMMMMBLLLE!
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:58 AM   #334
KevinNU7
College Starter

I think I have made my point on why I am not the werewolf. I have no clue who is the werewolf though!
Old 06-23-2005, 08:03 AM   #335
KevinNU7
College Starter

Dola,

Does anyone feel that in future installments we shouldn't know who the players were after they are killed? I think it would be much better if you had no clue of the lynching of GWB actually killed a werewolf. Also, we need to improve the role of sorceror as it is pretty pointless right now. Maybe the sorceror should know who the werewolves are but the werewolves shouldn't know the sorceror. Right now the sorceror has no clue what is going on.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:13 AM   #336
Peregrine
Pro Starter

The next game will have several new roles, and the sorceror and hunter will have more power.

Some games are played where you don't know what roles were killed, in other games there is a role who has visions that tell who was just killed, and can share them anonymously with everyone else. Of course in those games if that role, the monk, is killed, then you don't know for the rest of the game.

Personally I like knowing who was killed. It gives you good feedback, so the villagers know they've scored a big point if they kill a werewolf, or are mad at themselves if they lynch an innocent villager. If you don't know I think it would lead to more randomness, with people not feeling that their votes mattered as much.

Last edited by Peregrine : 06-23-2005 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:18 AM   #337
KevinNU7
College Starter

I'd also like to see people get this PM

"Last night you had trouble sleeping as you felt a pressance observing you in an attempt to discover who you are or are not"

Basically letting you know that the seer viewed you. This would scare the crap out of a werewolf and also give players insight the the seer will atleast agree that you are not a werewolf.

Last edited by KevinNU7 : 06-23-2005 at 08:19 AM.
KevinNU7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:19 AM   #338
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Personally, I like knowing which characters are killed, otherwise, you're just running around willy nilly hacking off heads...
Old 06-23-2005, 08:23 AM   #339
KWhit
Coordinator

Agreed.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:13 AM   #340
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer
Personally, I like knowing which characters are killed, otherwise, you're just running around willy nilly hacking off heads...

I would agree with that as far as villagers/werewolves.. I think any hunters, seers, sympathizers that are part of the game and are human wouldn't be revealed unless they reveal themselves. (Unless a crystal ball pops out their ass when they are lynched.. "Hey everyone, its the seer!)

I like Kevin's idea too.. interesting dynamic adding to the paranoia and mistrust.. (IMO).

but, Peregrine's game so...

Last edited by Mustang : 06-23-2005 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:14 AM   #341
Warhammer
Pro Starter

OK, I went back through the voting records, and have to admit I have 3 suspects:

BrianD and KevinNU7 (who I have already stated), but also Fonzie.

condors may in fact be the seer, with his quick vote for KevinNU7 (would make sense) and KevinNU7 has a interesting voting record, as does BrianD. Fonzie's is interesting as well, especially as he mentioned that he never thought he'd be voting for GWB.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:17 AM   #342
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Obviosuly it isn't, don't spin my words like a jackass. I think my questions holds water. If you think I am such an obviosu choice then we should assume that the seer also thought I was an obvious choice and looked at me last night. If he did look at me and saw I wasn't a werewolf then he would have to keep quiet for fear of getting eaten tonight for admitting he is the seer. If he looked at me and saw I was a werewolf then he would have spoken up and said "KevinNU is the werewolf, everyone vote for him to end the game."

Jackass? That seems a bit harsh. I didn't even twist your words. You said if the seer had viewed you last night, he would have saw that you are a werewolf. As it is, I did view you last night, and I did see that you are a werewolf.

KevinNU is the werewolf, everyone vote for him to end the game.

Better?
Old 06-23-2005, 09:29 AM   #343
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Jackass? That seems a bit harsh. I didn't even twist your words. You said if the seer had viewed you last night, he would have saw that you are a werewolf. As it is, I did view you last night, and I did see that you are a werewolf.

Better?

Wow, that made up my mind, of course if KevinNU is not the werewolf, I am getting BrianD tomorrow...

I vote for KevinNU7
Old 06-23-2005, 10:16 AM   #344
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:

Better?
You twisted my words because you took 3 sentence and only quoted 1. You removed the fact that I was talking about scenarios. If you are truely the seer why didn't you say you were earlier this morning? Either you are lieing are not a very smart person
Old 06-23-2005, 10:34 AM   #345
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You twisted my words because you took 3 sentence and only quoted 1. You removed the fact that I was talking about scenarios. If you are truely the seer why didn't you say you were earlier this morning? Either you are lieing are not a very smart person

Or I didn't want to steal the fun from everyone by making the announcement right away.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:47 AM   #346
Swaggs
Coordinator

Someone got their fur ruffled...
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 10:49 AM   #347
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer
Fonzie's is interesting as well, especially as he mentioned that he never thought he'd be voting for GWB.

That was intended to be a joke, as I'm not a big fan of the real-life GWB.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:50 AM   #348
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Dola-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Someone got their fur ruffled...

Indeed. I don't see any need for grumpiness - this is a game, people!
Old 06-23-2005, 10:56 AM   #349
Warhammer
Pro Starter

And it could be well played by a BrianD werewolf claiming he was the seer. Like I said, if KevinNU is not the werewolf and if BrianD is not a midnight snack for someone, he gets my vote tomorrow.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:58 AM   #350
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This is great