Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-02-2012, 08:29 AM   #401
DougW
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
I found the interface and search/filtering options for the auction house make it unbearable to use. I'm surprised I don't see other complaints, hopefully they fix it soon.

When I put something on it I honestly have no idea what to charge, I can't really see what other people area asking for it.

Really? I've had just the opposite experience. I find it easy to search for exactly what I am looking for, in the price range i'm looking for. I'm L58, and already have well over a half a million. I buy gear ever 5-10 levels (as needed), and sell the stuff i'm replacing for what I paid for it or more.

I fine pricing easy too, just search for similar level, similar stats..see what their priced at, be close to the bottom and sell. Usually sells within a couple hours. Admittedly most the stuff I loot I end up vendoring, cuz they don't have good stats. Or they have incompatible stats.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #402
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

If I got a rare item, it's silly to me that I can't do a search and see what it's going for. Lack of sorting sucks to.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:44 AM   #403
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
If I got a rare item, it's silly to me that I can't do a search and see what it's going for. Lack of sorting sucks to.

The answer is that it's going for somewhere between 400 and 2,000,000,000 gold. It does powerfully suck that you can't sort by bid or remaining time.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:01 AM   #404
DougW
High School Varsity

Hmmm. I'm confused. You can input the statsto get similar items, you can put in maximum bid amounts to weed the search results, you can click on buyout and it sort the items from highest to lowest (or lowest to highest), I really can't think of what else it could do. I haven't tried searching for time remaiNing, but I always use buyout so I don't much case how long it has left.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #405
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I found the interface and search/filtering options for the auction house make it unbearable to use. I'm surprised I don't see other complaints, hopefully they fix it soon.

When I put something on it I honestly have no idea what to charge, I can't really see what other people area asking for it.

I have read other complaints about the AH on the forums on MMO Champion, so you are definitely not alone.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #406
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougW View Post
Anyone want to reroll or just try out a different class but don't want to go through normal mode again ? I know some tricks to power level each other, so hit me up if you would be interested. we could breeze through normal, or normal and nightmare.

Id probably be interested. I want to play a witch doctor but just dread normal mode.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #407
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

oh I've been bitching about it, a lot, just haven't bothered doing it here yet. Especially given that they are planning on a real money auction house, the interface in place right now feels extremely half assed.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #408
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Hmmm. I'm confused. You can input the statsto get similar items, you can put in maximum bid amounts to weed the search results, you can click on buyout and it sort the items from highest to lowest (or lowest to highest), I really can't think of what else it could do.

Selling:

1. When I'm trying to price an item to sell I often wish I could search for max stats instead of just minimum. If I'm trying to sell an item with 70 dex on it I shouldn't have to wade through all the similar items with 150 dex on them looking for the right price range for my item. I should also be able to exclude stats. That 70 dex item is worth a ton more if it also has 70 vitality. I shouldn't have to go through 15 pages of auctions (or adjust the buyout 7 or 8 times) to try to find the right price range for my item. And instead of having to judge based on current listings, why can't I just see recent sales in the first place to see what things are actually selling for instead of just being listed for?

2. I can only have 10 auctions up at a time. I can't pull an item off auction (someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't seem to) if I realize its not going to sell until the timer runs out. Combine those two facts with a clunky interface that makes it hard for me to properly price an item and its a recipe for immense frustration.

For buying:

1. Three stat searches is not enough. In most slots my ideal item has dex, vitality, physical resist, and all resist. The best I can do is put in three of those stats and then hover over every item available in the hopes of finding my fourth stat. This gets exponentially worse on hats, where I also want an item with a socket, or boots, where I also want runspeed. I may not be wealthy enough to purchase my ideal item, but I should at least be able to find the damn thing.

2. SOCKETS. OH MY GOD STATS FROM SOCKETS. If I search for dex I shouldn't be shown 50 items that don't actually have dex on the item but that someone put a dex gem on. Or even worse... last night I was trying to build a magic find set of gear and got to the helm slot. If someone has an item that has 15% magic find on it plus a socket, I'm not finding it. Its just not happening. Why? Because that item is hidden within literally hundreds of items that don't have magic find on the raw item, but that have a 17% or 19% gem in them. My solution was to search for a minimum of 20% magic find. That's a really crappy workaround to a poorly thought out interface.

3. If I buy something for 500,000 gold when there were 200,000 gold options that I just had a hard time finding, that is annoying, but oh well, shit happens. But what happens when the real money AH comes out and people start spending $20 for an item instead of $5 because of a sub-par interface? I wont' be spending money myself, but the fact that a real money AH is planned and this interface was the best they could do is appalling IMO.

Last edited by Radii : 06-02-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #409
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

At least let me reset the search fields. Christ, how basic is that and to not include it?
Old 06-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #410
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm just surprised, I never played WOW but I figured they had it down and wouldn't be designing it from the ground up.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #411
frnk55
High School Varsity

Well, F it. I was going to play but the servers are busy.
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #412
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm basically just auctioning off things with arbitrary prices, way to high, low, just right....I don't know. Which I guess would be fine if I was looking to just offload stuff and not play the AH. Impossible to play the AH as it is now.

Anyways, that's a lot of bitching. I had my doubts pre-release and during beta, but the game itself is fantastic. Much better than Diablo 2.

Last edited by jeff061 : 06-02-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #413
DougW
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Id probably be interested. I want to play a witch doctor but just dread normal mode.

We can see what an hour gets us, if that's ok.

I cannot game :
Friday 1A-5P
Sat 1A-5P
Sun 4P-5A
Mon 4P-5A

Any other day/time, I can grab an hour to see exactly how well this works . So, just let me know when you may want to.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #414
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

When it comes to nights Im always down any time after 9:30P. During the day it is hit or miss between work and school, mainly this week being finals. Throw out some times and I can tell you if I can. I'll probably be on late tonight (10-11P starting? Probably closer to 11). Tomorrow I can pretty much throw any hour in between studying (breaks are good). This week will be really scattered, but anytime after this coming week will pretty much be good.

Just name a time tomorrow, or name a few throughout this week and I can tell you if I will be there or not. This week the later the better (I'm the type to game till 2am and get up at 6:45am). Like I said, after this week my days are much more open.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 06-02-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #415
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

wtf, just made Diablo fight, I'm about to throw my monitor through a Window. I breezed through the game to this point.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:57 PM   #416
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

What level are you, Jeff?
Old 06-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #417
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

32. This is the first time I've had remotely any trouble since I was severely under equipped in Act II. Even then it wasn't much trouble.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #418
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Was only having problems with the second part. Beat that by laying spike traps everywhere. Luckily I didn't die on third, all done now .

Old 06-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #419
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
wtf, just made Diablo fight, I'm about to throw my monitor through a Window. I breezed through the game to this point.

My wizard didn't die, but it was a much tougher fight than anything previous. The second part of the fight was especially difficult.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #420
DougW
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
When it comes to nights Im always down any time after 9:30P. During the day it is hit or miss between work and school, mainly this week being finals. Throw out some times and I can tell you if I can. I'll probably be on late tonight (10-11P starting? Probably closer to 11). Tomorrow I can pretty much throw any hour in between studying (breaks are good). This week will be really scattered, but anytime after this coming week will pretty much be good.

Just name a time tomorrow, or name a few throughout this week and I can tell you if I will be there or not. This week the later the better (I'm the type to game till 2am and get up at 6:45am). Like I said, after this week my days are much more open.

I can tonight, and will probably be on when you get on. Otherwise, probably best to shoot for Tuesday, if you game nights - as Sunday and Mondays are night shift for me, and I don't get home till around 5a-6a.

(My times are EST btw)
Old 06-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #421
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Yea, in nightmare the first and third parts were fairly straight forward. No problems. The "shadow" part was pretty damn intense until I figured out what to do.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #422
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I can tonight, and will probably be on when you get on. Otherwise, probably best to shoot for Tuesday, if you game nights - as Sunday and Mondays are night shift for me, and I don't get home till around 5a-6a.

(My times are EST btw)

I'll be around tonight.

Basically, heres my week this week.

Monday: Nothing. Study. But Diablo breaks are for sure possible.
Tuesday: Anatomy Lab review 8a-9a, work 11a-4p, final 8p-930p (home at 945ish) Probably study after, so Tuesday night might be bad.
Wednesday - Anatomy lab exam. Will get home at 500p. Will probably study hard core Wednesday night, but possibly be on late.
Thursday - work 11a-7p, then study hard core for my
Friday - Anatomy exam in the am. Work noon-5.

So, looking at that, you're out Monday, Tuesday is hit or miss, probably late wednesday.

Either way, I think we have each other as friends on the game? Look for me. I'll probably be on scattered throughout the week outside of those in down time or breaks. We'll make it happen. But like I said, tonight will probably for sure be good for me if you're around.

If this week is bad, next week is for sure go time.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 06-02-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #423
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'm about to be online, ping me for a game.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #424
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

So I take it this game runs fine on older systems?

My pc is about 5 years old, but I just installed a SSD.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 06-02-2012 at 08:21 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #425
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I'm playing on a late 2008 MacBook Pro, and it plays great. It set all my video stuff to the lowest settings, but whatever, frame rates are great and that's all I really care about.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #426
DougW
High School Varsity

Finally got my first legendary drop. Must say, I'm not impressed. At all.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #427
Grover
Pro Starter

Ridiculously disappointing.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #428
HarryLime
Mascot

disappointing yes. but still better than anything i have found

Just got my staff of herding, just need some $$ to open it up for the higher difficulties!
HarryLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #429
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
I'm playing on a late 2008 MacBook Pro, and it plays great. It set all my video stuff to the lowest settings, but whatever, frame rates are great and that's all I really care about.

I'm thinking it will run ok, so I'm about ready to pull the trigger.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:15 AM   #430
Radii
Head Coach

I was able to start killing elite packs in Act 2 inferno tonight, and of course the bosses are way easier than the elites, I was able to get 5 stacks of Valor and go kill Maghda. The key was getting a weapon with a lot of life on hit, I got really lucky and found a weapon right as someone listed it for far too little, for 400k I got a 680 dps fist weapon with 18% attack speed, 75 dex, 60 vitality AND 490 life on hit. I'm pretty sure that should have been listed for 1.5 Million or more. With an attack speed of 2.3 I heal for a ton.

Getting here without immense help and without exploiting anything is very very satisfying.

Last edited by Radii : 06-04-2012 at 01:16 AM.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #431
Grover
Pro Starter

Etrayu.png

My first legendary

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #432
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Isn't that the name of the princess in Neverending Story?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #433
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Wasn't that the kid with the horse? I used to watch that movie a ton as a kid.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:12 AM   #434
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I was able to start killing elite packs in Act 2 inferno tonight, and of course the bosses are way easier than the elites, I was able to get 5 stacks of Valor and go kill Maghda. The key was getting a weapon with a lot of life on hit, I got really lucky and found a weapon right as someone listed it for far too little, for 400k I got a 680 dps fist weapon with 18% attack speed, 75 dex, 60 vitality AND 490 life on hit. I'm pretty sure that should have been listed for 1.5 Million or more. With an attack speed of 2.3 I heal for a ton.

Getting here without immense help and without exploiting anything is very very satisfying.

Pretty much the only thing I'm missing right now. I can farm ACT 1 Inferno comfortably, but ACT 2 is a giant pain.

A high-DPS life-on-hit weapon can go a long way for me.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:51 AM   #435
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I have only one thing to say - Bul-Kathos guides my hand!
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #436
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Wasn't that the kid with the horse? I used to watch that movie a ton as a kid.

you are right.

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #437
DougW
High School Varsity

West side in da house.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:28 AM   #438
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I found this in the Blizzard forums.

A spot-on description of Inferno.

Quote:
difficult things are s'posed to be a obstacle course, they are s'posed to be a maze, they are s'posed to be a tower to climb,, inferno is none of this things, inferno is a two mile thick, polished, mile sheer wall of granite, that can only be overcome not by skill, or perseverance, but by purchasing a stick of dynamite (aka purchasing gear from the ah) to blow a hole though it, it may take multiple stick however (one piece of gear may still be insufficient), furthermore, these sticks of dynamite are created in a massive factory...that is beyond the wall, out of your reach...

inferno is not hard, it's simply stupid
Old 06-06-2012, 03:42 AM   #439
Radii
Head Coach

Scheduled Maintenance & Patch 1.0.2ba - Diablo III Blog

I don't want to be one of those guys that cries every patch "well until you fix the one thing I care about all your other patches are shit" .. but... 5 hours downtime for a cancel button being greyed out, being able to list damaged items on the AH, and mac client improvements? That's IT?!

In other news, I am having a blast in inferno, even as a melee. I hope they don't reign it in too fast. Got to Belial in Act 2 with a Wizard friend tonight and got completely owned, but the idea that we can kil him if we're mechanically perfect is enticing. A couple friends hit 60 recently, we're doing 4 man runs with magic find gear and getting tons and tons of drops and some of the elite packs are a challenge with 4 people, but since I'm overgeared for Act I now I can tank well enough to hold it together and its a blast.

I understand the frustrations, and I definitely feel them at times, but I have completely dug my heels in and I will beat this on my monk, without rerolling demon hunter, etcetc. I'm going to be disappointed if there is a major overhaul to inferno difficulty before I get through it.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:04 AM   #440
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Scheduled Maintenance & Patch 1.0.2ba - Diablo III Blog

I don't want to be one of those guys that cries every patch "well until you fix the one thing I care about all your other patches are shit" .. but... 5 hours downtime for a cancel button being greyed out, being able to list damaged items on the AH, and mac client improvements? That's IT?!

In other news, I am having a blast in inferno, even as a melee. I hope they don't reign it in too fast. Got to Belial in Act 2 with a Wizard friend tonight and got completely owned, but the idea that we can kil him if we're mechanically perfect is enticing. A couple friends hit 60 recently, we're doing 4 man runs with magic find gear and getting tons and tons of drops and some of the elite packs are a challenge with 4 people, but since I'm overgeared for Act I now I can tank well enough to hold it together and its a blast.

I understand the frustrations, and I definitely feel them at times, but I have completely dug my heels in and I will beat this on my monk, without rerolling demon hunter, etcetc. I'm going to be disappointed if there is a major overhaul to inferno difficulty before I get through it.

They just timed the patch to go along with the weekly scheduled maintenance.

I'm actually surprised they moved it to Wednesday. Should have been done yesterday.

I feel your pain, Radii. We will defeat this with our melee characters.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #441
Radii
Head Coach

Patch 1.0.3 Design Preview - Blizz Tracker - Diablo Discussion and Community Forums - DiabloFans.com

Removing damage bonuses when playing with more people to encourage grouping, and scaling Inferno Acts 2/3/4 better, and increasing drop rates of items in earlier levels.

Quote:
We feel like Act I Inferno is in a pretty good place. Our design goal with Acts II, III and IV is to keep them challenging, but smooth the difficulty ramp out a bit. If a monk or barbarian is geared well enough that they can use a heavily offensive build and murder everything in Act I, they should be able to swap to a more defensive build and do okay in Act II.

That sounds reasonable. Though I fear blizzard's difficulty nerfing policy in WoW where they make things hard for awhile and then all of a sudden say "lol just kidding" and overadjust so that you can be blind with no hands and still do everything without any effort.

Last edited by Radii : 06-06-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #442
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Though I fear blizzard's difficulty nerfing policy in WoW where they make things hard for awhile and then all of a sudden say "lol just kidding" and overadjust so that you can be blind with no hands and still do everything without any effort.

Hopefully the lack of a monthly fee will guard against their desire to kowtow too much.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #443
chinaski
College Prospect

The patch cant come quick enough, A2 Inferno is destroying me and I thought I was pretty decently gear. White mobs easily one shot me. tired of farming A1... might have to hang it up until 1.03
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #444
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

When 1.03 comes out, my fembarb would be quite interested in grouping with other FOFC players to take on Inferno.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #445
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Right now, I'm just doing a good mix of inferno butcher runs and hell whimsyshire runs, looking for things to sell on the AH.

Edit: I've found that lvl 40-50 items are the ones that are easily sellable on the AH. I think a majority of the playerbase is still at that level and that people aren't really powerlevelling themselves out of lvl 40-50.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 06-07-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #446
Radii
Head Coach

I can reliably farm Maghda in Act II but the drop rates aren't good enough to compensate for how slow it is, so Act I is still more efficient. A friend of mine and I duo'd through the rest of act II, just skipping tons of champ packs to open up everything, we got to Belial but can only get him to like 80%, a single mistake = death and our DPS isn't good enough to kill him fast heh.

The most fun i'm having now is getting 4 people together to farm act I, we're all geared well and switching into magic find gear for elite kills, lots of loot, even though most of it is just vendor trash, but its fun running stuff with more people.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:16 PM   #447
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
When 1.03 comes out, my fembarb would be quite interested in grouping with other FOFC players to take on Inferno.

I'd be up for this as well any time I'm not already grouped up.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #448
DougW
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
The patch cant come quick enough, A2 Inferno is destroying me and I thought I was pretty decently gear. White mobs easily one shot me. tired of farming A1... might have to hang it up until 1.03
You're a Doc right ?

Possibly, more resistance ? Not sure where you are at, but I'm around 650+ all, with 40k health. Also have the Jungle -20% damage. My damage is only like 16k (21 with a harvest). So, that's where the sacrifice is.

I still can't compete in A2, but I'm not getting 1 shot anymore. Still though .. 2 minutes of kiting, and then 3-4 shot, I lose sucks. I can kill a few things though, if I play "just right".

Quote:

Me too.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #449
DougW
High School Varsity

Quote:
Right now, I'm just doing a good mix of inferno butcher runs and hell whimsyshire runs, looking for things to sell on the AH.

Edit: I've found that lvl 40-50 items are the ones that are easily sellable on the AH. I think a majority of the playerbase is still at that level and that people aren't really powerlevelling themselves out of lvl 40-50.

Hit me up if you want to group for butcher runs (Dolicoja). Also, how is the hell whimsy ? I have the staff, but just normal - is it worth the gold to upgrade (I think it's 200k for nightmare, and another 500k for hell)
Old 06-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #450
DougW
High School Varsity

Tri-dola, cuz .. well, I need cheese.