Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-06-2015, 12:18 PM   #151
MacroGuru
Coordinator

BYU loses Taysom for the season again and I think Taysom is done in his career. He has a lis franc injury, and is gone.

It's going to be an interesting ride with Tanner Magnum as our QB as the fact he was knocking on doors as a missionary 3 months ago. The 2nd stringer now is Beau Hoge, Merrills son and the 3rd string is Koy Detmer Jr,
Old 09-06-2015, 12:36 PM   #152
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
Dungey looked pretty good out there. I really feel for Hunt especially with his whole back story, but I think Cuse will be better with Dungey out there this year and the experience can only help immensely for the coming seasons. We had a bunch of frosh and sophs who looked really good. ACC speed and talent in those two classes for sure.

He did look very poised, but, you know, Rhode Island. And he was a very lightly recruited guy (other offers were from Wyoming, Yale, Air Force, Harvard, UNLV). And I know they were expecting a big year from Hunt. But, it does open the door to a guy who could now be a 4-year starter if he can show that same poise going forward and keep getting better.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 01:03 PM   #153
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Anyone know why the play below was a penalty?

P. Mroz pass for a SAFETY,to P. Mroz for -1 yds for a SAFETY - ESPN Video
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 01:06 PM   #154
tarcone
Coordinator

2 forward passes on one play

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 01:46 PM   #155
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I havent talked to DB in probably 2 years so take this with a grain on salt.

That said he fell in the draft partially because of the knee and partially because he has never loved football. He wasnt forced to play by a parent or anything, he just never lived for it. He was always much more interested in his music and ministry work, even as a high schooler. His father passed away the summer before his last year at Clemson and that was his motivation to fully dedicate himself temporarily, NFL was his fathers biggest dream and told him often that the NFL could change his life, his family's life and allow him to do a lot of charitable work with the proceeds if that was his calling.

I know during the draft process he told one GM he hopes to play 5 years and then retire with his health and wealth and play music with his church group.

Again zero inside info here, but not the least bit surprising either.

I'll be interested to see if he ever tries catch on with another team.

Thanks. I'm glad it isn't injuries cutting short what he loved to do. Sounds like he just fits in a different place than the NFL.

btw- DeShawn Wiliams ended up on the Bengals practice squad. He looked really good in preseason. I hope they can find a way to get him on the field.
Old 09-06-2015, 03:18 PM   #156
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Williams is the opposite. Loves the game. Prototypical "would play for free" guy. Hope he sticks and makes a 53 eventually ...not bad for a guy who rarely started in college.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 03:22 PM   #157
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Haven't seen him around but I'm a Razorback fan. It went as expected and we covered the spread.

We kept our QB in longer than I thought necessary. Our defense didn't look as impressive as late last season. Looking forward to this season.

Injuries decimated our secondary and our true freshmen corners got toasted yesterday. Best of luck to you guys this season...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:54 PM   #158
tarcone
Coordinator

Lungs, watch out for Iowa. Im cautiously optimistic about this season.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:14 PM   #159
miami_fan
Coordinator

Kind of unfortunate for the kid to have the things he said at halftime highlighted and then get crushed in the 2nd half.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:22 PM   #160
JPhillips
General Manager

Yeah, that looked bad right away. Looked like all 300 pounds of Washington landed on the shoulder.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:34 PM   #161
JPhillips
General Manager

Holy shit that spin move was something.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:47 PM   #162
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Cardale Jones reminds me of Roethlisberger. Though I hope that when he's drafted, he doesn't eat his way out of the NFL like JaMarcus Russell.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:53 PM   #163
bhlloy
Coordinator

I don't think Ben ever ran like that. Given his lack of experience I think Cardale could be really special. His touch on the ball is really good and obviously has a cannon for an arm.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:55 PM   #164
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I don't think Ben ever ran like that. Given his lack of experience I think Cardale could be really special. His touch on the ball is really good and obviously has a cannon for an arm.

You're right. I was talking more about his ability to avoid pressure.

Someone forgot to tell Virginia Tech that these games have two halves.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:14 PM   #165
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Williams is the opposite. Loves the game. Prototypical "would play for free" guy. Hope he sticks and makes a 53 eventually ...not bad for a guy who rarely started in college.

He looked like a poor man's Geno Atkins this preseason. I think he makes the 53 next year easily or gets called up when injuries hit this year.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:17 PM   #166
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

k, a broken collarbone is seriously harsh bad luck there.

If he's back by the Miami game though, it might be survivable for the team since their schedule is backloaded.

Furman, at Purdue, at ECU, Pitt, NC State on the slate before Miami
Old 09-08-2015, 10:01 AM   #167
Thomkal
Head Coach

Coastal Carolina is now #1 in the coaches poll, #3 in the media poll since all four teams that were above them, lost while Coastal squeaked by Furman.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote